Hybrid View

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Hopeful that today marks the start of return of intl cricket to Pak" : Shashank Manohar

“I send both teams and the PCB the very best wishes from the whole cricket family for a competitive series that the passionate fans in Pakistan can enjoy," said the ICC chairman.

The ICC Chairman has today welcomed the return of international cricket to Pakistan ahead of the Independence Cup taking place in Lahore this week.

Mr Shashank Manohar said: “This is a good day for world cricket as the PCB hosts a World XI in Lahore for three T20 International games. It has been a long and tough journey as the PCB, Pakistan players and fans have been starved of the opportunity to stage, play and watch international cricket in their own country. I am hopeful that today marks the start of the safe and steady return of international cricket to Pakistan.

“The ability of Pakistan to play international cricket at home is crucial to the long term health of the game in Pakistan and one of the main reasons why the ICC established the Pakistan Task Force under the leadership of Giles Clarke, to explore, in partnership with the PCB, how we can get international cricket back to Pakistan safely and on a regular basis.

“I send both teams and the PCB the very best wishes from the whole cricket family for a competitive series that the passionate fans in Pakistan can enjoy. I sincerely hope that this week’s games mark the start of a steady flow of international cricket to this great cricket nation.”

https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/470433
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th September 2017 at 13:06.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very nice to see such a delightful message from Shashank Manohar.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks but no thanks. We don't need your fake concern.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Thanks but no thanks. We don't need your fake concern.
    He actually does care for the greater good of Pakistan cricket and global cricket. Not like the other BCCI cronies. Went out of his own way to get BCCI's share of revenue reduced.

Tells me he doesn't care about his origins but what he feels is best for the game. This guy has left a legacy and sets the right example especially to his compatriots.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pray for his safety in India.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    I pray for his safety in India.
    LOL expect some backlash and tweets about deporting him to Pakistan

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well he could've sent some of his own players to pakistan aswell.

I'm sure virat kohli would've happily visited Pakistan if allowed.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    Well he could've sent some of his own players to pakistan aswell.

I'm sure virat kohli would've happily visited Pakistan if allowed.
    He's the ICC Chairman, not the BCCI Chairman.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    He's the ICC Chairman, not the BCCI Chairman.
    Probably still has some influence in the BCCI.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure that Manohar isn't a very popular figure in the Indian board. He played a big part in the tussle between BCCI and ICC; he advocated lowering the revenues that BCCI received.

Anyway, realistically speaking, I doubt anyone expected Indian players to come.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not even in hands of BCCI. Sending any players to Pakistan will require govt approval which i dont see it be given considering current govt is anti Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1087 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Wish a few Indian players had been visiting.

Prior to 2009, India was the country asides from SL which was most open to touring Pakistan

#MPGA

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Wish a few Indian players had been visiting.

Prior to 2009, India was the country asides from SL which was most open to touring Pakistan
    Things have changed a lot from those times, in that period the Asian Bloc was firmly united but right now BCCI is the most anti-Pakistani board ever.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1087 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    Things have changed a lot from those times, in that period the Asian Bloc was firmly united but right now BCCI is the most anti-Pakistani board ever.
    obv i know

just saying it wouldve been cool to see if one or 2 from Dhoni, Kohli and Ashwin had come. All 3 are good guys unlike some others and am sure if BCCI allowed they wouldnt have problems coming

#MPGA

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good to see the posts on this thread,Indian fans would always remember what he did to BCCI and other posters from other countrieswouldn't ,lose-lose situation for him,hopefully he never rises in any management.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Good to see the posts on this thread,Indian fans would always remember what he did to BCCI and other posters from other countrieswouldn't ,lose-lose situation for him,hopefully he never rises in any management.
    He have been like a snake in Indian management. Remember 2004 Ind-Aus series where he ensured the pitch to favour the Aussies. Indian board is better off without snakes like him. He never worked for Indian benefit, always created obstacles for India on and off the pitch.

Id really love to have Srini Mama back in the foil. Some Indian fans hated him during his tenure, now that seeing BCCI so weak im sure many wouldn't mind seeing him back.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1087 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    He have been like a snake in Indian management. Remember 2004 Ind-Aus series where he ensured the pitch to favour the Aussies.
    urban myth

#MPGA

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    urban myth
    You're free to think what you like

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really want to see Dhoni in Pak... I'm sure he will get more support from the crowd than even some Pakistani players.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    urban myth
    Possibly however it was documented at the time. The management asked for a spinning track however Manohar ignored them. I think it just goes to show he's his own man.

And anyway, the best team won that test. Ganguly chickening out at the last minute and unsettling the team didn't help India's chances either.

The comment from the Indian camp was that their dealings with the VCA were characterised by a "lack of cooperation". One member said, "All we said two weeks before the game was that we wanted a good batting wicket which would turn from day three or four. They ignored it."

http://m.indiatoday.in/story/india-l.../1/195300.html

Meanwhile, Shashank Manohar, the president of the Vidarbha Cricket Association, which is hosting the match, affirmed that he would go out of his way to ensure that the nature of the pitch was not dictated by anyone.

"I have got no instructions from either the BCCI or the Indian team management. Even if I do, I am not going to oblige them," he said, speaking to The Times of India. He said that he was acting according to a circular issued by the BCCI earlier in the year, which called for sporting wickets "that would have enough bounce so as to encourage quicker bowlers and also improve strokeplay of batsmen".

Manohar had not approved of the pitches prepared for the first two Tests. "Those were very poor wickets," he said. "A little bit of grass here will help the pitch get some pace and it'll prevent it from breaking up." He emphasised that both teams would benefit from the conditions.

"In addition to the short boundaries," he said, "the wicket has even bounce, something that should suit quality batsmen. If the Indians think of themselves as a good batting unit, they should not worry ... if you are a cricket lover, you want the best team to win, and not your home team at the cost of quality cricket."
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...ry/142667.html