Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakistan to play two T20Is against Scotland in June 2018

Two more international fixtures have been added to the home schedule for 2018 with the confirmation that Scotland will take on Pakistan in Edinburgh at The Grange on Tuesday 12th June and Wednesday 13th June.

Pakistan will travel to Scotland to play a two match T20I series in the same week that Kyle Coetzer’s men take on England in a One Day International at the same venue in what promises to be a thrilling week of international cricket.

It is an exciting time for Pakistani cricket with the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy winners hosting home international cricket for the first time in nearly 9 years in a series against an ICC World XI this month and news of next year’s matches in Scotland will no doubt be great news for both sets of fans.

It will be the first T20I clash between Scotland and Pakistan since the pair went head to head in the group stages of the 2007 ICC World T20 in Durban, South Africa. Despite a hard hitting 46 from 35 balls from Scotland opener Fraser Watts on the day, Pakistan recorded a victory that helped carry them towards the final of the first ever edition of ICC World T20 event.

Pakistan’s last visit to Scotland was in 2013 when they defeated Scotland by 96 runs in an ODI as their captain Misbah ul-Haq scored a decisive 83* with Saeed Ajmal and Junaid Khan taking 3 wickets apiece.

These matches are also set to be the first time Scotland have hosted a Full Member in a T20I on home soil and having used home advantage to good effect in jointly winning the 2015 ICC WT20 Qualifier hosted in Scotland & Ireland, this series will represent the opportunity for Scotland to record more memorable victories in front of our home crowd.

Scotland Captain Kyle Coetzer “To have the opportunity to take on a hugely talented Pakistan team at home in two T20Is is wonderful news for both the players and our supporters. With these matches taking place in the same week that we host England in an ODI in Edinburgh it gives us a great chance to show how far we have come as a group in both of these formats of the game.”

“It also means that having defeated Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka this year we have another great chance to take some more full member scalps. As a squad we want to test ourselves against the world’s best and in Pakistan and England we have two of the current top sides in the world coming to Scotland next summer. Along with the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier taking place in 2018 the year is really starting to look like an exciting one for everyone involved in Scottish cricket”

Details on match start times, ticket prices and release dates for priority and general sale will be announced in the coming months.

Scotland 2018 International Schedule

June 10th – ODI – Scotland v England – The Grange, Edinburgh

June 12th – 1st T2OI – Scotland v Pakistan – The Grange, Edinburgh
    June 13th – 2nd T2OI – Scotland v Pakistan – The Grange, Edinburgh

SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be 2 ODI too

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    International matches at the Grange have a horrible history when it comes to the weather. So many of them have been washed out.

Let's hope it doesn't happen again next summer.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can smell a return tour from Scotland, to Pakistan, for 3 Odis and 2 t20is.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Nice treat for Scottish fans, hope weather stays clear.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Time to get the tickets booked!
    @shaz619 @Red Devil @Square Drive @ahmedwaqas92 - expect to see the PP Spirit Squad cheering the boys on in the Burgh!

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    There should be 2 ODI too
    Stop spreading hatred against T20s in all threads.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    @shaz619 @Red Devil @Square Drive @ahmedwaqas92 - expect to see the PP Spirit Squad cheering the boys on in the Burgh!
    The rest of the Spirit Squad will be there in spirit with you bro.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    If am free I might arrange a trip up there providing I can string along a couple of jobbers with me, always wanted to go Scotland what are the best things to do in Edinburgh and the best places to munch

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    If am free I might arrange a trip up there providing I can string along a couple of jobbers with me, always wanted to go Scotland what are the best things to do in Edinburgh and the best places to munch
    The weather puts me off- the game would end up being washed out.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2012 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    International matches at the Grange have a horrible history when it comes to the weather. So many of them have been washed out.

Let's hope it doesn't happen again next summer.
    Scotland in general have an atrocious record with rain. Apparently abysmal drainage (Peter Della Penna was there for Womens qualifier last month) as well.

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be great if he could have a Test or 2 as well against Ireland before the England series.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is the guarantee that Scotland will still have International status by then?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Will be cheering from the #6ix.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Should play 1 or 2 ODIs too, not just T20Is

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Scotland is set to host Pakistan for two Twenty20 Internationals in Edinburgh in 2018, it was confirmed on Monday (September 11).

The matches will take place on June 12 and 13 at The Grange, after Kyle Coetzer's men meet England in a one-off One-Day International on June 10 at the same venue.

Scotland and Pakistan have only met once in the 20-over format, during the group stage of the 2007 ICC World T20 in South Africa, where the latter rode on Shahid Afridi's all-round heroics to clinch a 51-run win.

Pakistan last visited Scotland in May 2013 for a two-match One-Day International series, which it won 1-0 after the second game was abandoned due to rain.

This will be the first time Scotland will be hosting a full member for a T20I, and Coetzer, the skipper, was excited about the prospect of facing the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 winner.

"To have the opportunity to take on a hugely talented Pakistan team at home in two T20Is is wonderful news for both the players and our supporters," he told Cricket Scotland.

"With these matches taking place in the same week that we host England in an ODI in Edinburgh, it gives us a great chance to show how far we have come as a group in both of these formats of the game.

"It also means that having defeated Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka this year, we have another great chance to take some more full member scalps. As a squad, we want to test ourselves against the world's best and in Pakistan and England, we have two of the current top sides in the world coming to Scotland next summer.

"Along with the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier taking place in 2018, the year is really starting to look like an exciting one for everyone involved in Scottish cricket."

Schedule:
    Versus England
    June 10: One-off ODI (Edinburgh)
    Versus Pakistan
    June 12: First T20I (Edinburgh)
    June 13: Second T20I (Edinburgh)

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/470619
    Last edited by hadi123; 12th September 2017 at 09:53.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Tons to do and eat in and around Edinburgh

Get it booked Shazzy!