Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    9,895
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Babar Azam - Heir to the throne of soft runs?

    Heard a lot on here on how important it is to score in big games and against big sides, and most players who usually fail against a certain side or can't turn it up in any tournament are usually shunned regardless of how they do against everyone else.

    Is our own ladla batsman, Babar Azam going down the same route. He has thus far feasted on West Indies like every game was a baqra eid buffet, and now scores a stunning 86... But it is against a nothing world xi attack showcase match and has been mediocre in t20s otherwise.

    Are we seeing the makings of another soft scorer or is Babar just settling in before dominating the game as predicted?
    Last edited by Suleiman; 12th September 2017 at 21:42.


    Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,331
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Early days.

    His 83 off 77 vs NZ (Auckland) was a good knock.

    Plus the work he put in against AUS.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,153
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    his 45 odd against ndia in the final was also a decent knock knowing our batting history..

  4. #4
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    3,313
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what do you expect from him?

    not to score here and only score against Aus / NZ / Eng.... ?


    'I was shivering facing Akhtar' -Tendulkar

  5. #5
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    5,454
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah, a nothing player. Bring back Kami. He once played an ATG inning.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    6,528
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Heard a lot on here on how important it is to score in big games and against big sides, and most players who usually fail against a certain side or can't turn it up in any tournament are usually shunned regardless of how they do against everyone else.

    Is our own ladla batsman, Babar Azam going down the same route. He has thus far feasted on West Indies like every game was a baqra eid buffet, and now scores a stunning 86... But it is against a nothing world xi attack showcase match and has been mediocre in t20s otherwise.

    Are we seeing the makings of another soft scorer or is Babar just settling in before dominating the game as predicted?
    Bhai he averages 58 in T20's - higher than anyone else right now.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,067
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    world class batsman.


    "To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

  8. #8
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,773
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who averaged 50 in both limited over formats for us before. Or even 45 in both.
    So no, not the heir to any pakistani!


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's still young and learning the game but already he's performing better than any of his peers in the Pakistan setup. He will only get better if the Pakistan coaching staff continue to support his development.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    226
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pointless ,ill informed thread

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    1,260
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Yeah, a nothing player. Bring back Kami. He once played an ATG inning.
    epic


    only fighters rise up from the dust..

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    1,590
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Yeah, a nothing player. Bring back Kami. He once played an ATG inning.
    This, let's make Kami (skipper and coach), Adnan/Umar should open for Pakistan. Akmals are unfairly treated by PCB. Huge conspiracy orchistrtated against Akmals.





    /s

    Bonus:

    Sarfaraz is raw agent


  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    265
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful backfoot player..

    And that drive between cover and midoff was brilliant too

    Yes so we can say he is leaening. And f9r me he needs some mental conditioning as well

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    29
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Yeah, a nothing player. Bring back Kami. He once played an ATG inning.
    Sorry I know this is sarcasm, but which was this amazing innings which everyone talks about.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar looked like a world class batsman last night. Trying to prove those who criticized his SR in the CT wrong. Admitted the WXI attack was nothing extra-ordinary but people getting on his back for scoring runs?!

    Kuch accha bardasht nahi hota kya?

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    5,454
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    Sorry I know this is sarcasm, but which was this amazing innings which everyone talks about.
    Test centuries against India and WT20 against Australia.

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    9,234
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People wish that Umar had also gotten these 'soft runs'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •