Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"I feel so sorry for the guys who haven't played in front of their home crowds" : Mickey Arthur

Pakistan Head Coach speaking on radio:

"Just to see the crowd coming in last night and the chanting was very special"

"No World XI player spoke to me before coming here; they trusted what they had been told about Pakistan"

"They trusted the security briefing and the FICA giving them the right information"

"I feel so sorry for the guys who haven't played in front of their home crowds"

"My heart goes out to Asad Shafiq who has never played a Test match in front of his home crowd in Karachi"

"There is comfort in your surroundings, your friends and family and support network is around you"

"For the guys to have achieved what they have achieved playing away from home is astronomical"
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th September 2017 at 18:55.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Lovely comments by Mickey

We don't give enough credit to our boys for playing away from home all the time.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't control if terror happens in your country, but events like World XI help integrate Pakistan into the cricketing world in terms of playing at home again. I'm sure a lot more teams would like to be playing in Pakistan too with far better crowds there than UAE.