Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 75 of 75
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    945
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    This should be the end of Usman Khan Shinwari and Sohail Khan

    Usman Shiinwari is a pathetic bowler who is still getting chances because of a fluke spell in extreme swinging conditions in a domestic t20 4 yrs ago.

    Sohail on the other hand is a good player but he is clearly too old now and well past his prime. He doesn't have the fitness and the energy to play at the top level any more

    The he selectors need to ditch these two liabilities and invest in younger bowlers. it is unbelievable how these two are preferred to Junaid who is a proven international bowler

    I don't understand PCB's agenda against Junaid. They have tried their best to end his career but he has pulled through with his performances
    Last edited by UN talkz; 15th September 2017 at 17:10.


    "To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,699
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We should have the same bowling lineup in T20Is that we have in ODIs.

    Amir
    Hasan
    Junaid
    Shadab/Fahim
    Imad
    Malik

    Rumman as backup pacer. Nawaz and Usama Mir are extra spinners if needed.

    Shinwari has been disappointing and doesn't deserve a spot now. Maybe in a couple of years.

    Sohail Khan has given some good performances, but he's not good enough anymore.

    Agreed about Junaid. Should make a comeback in T20Is.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,748
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Junaid Khan and wahab deserves to play in front of the home crowd than sohail and usman. But they didn't do their bests to come above usman and sohail in the last PSL.

  4. #4
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    9,401
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How many chances did Usman get? He just bowled one over today.Sohail Khan and Rumman are the main culprit today

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,748
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Usman didn't do much wrong today just bowled 1 over and went for 10 runs.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    usman shinwari is a pathetic bowler who is still getting chances because of a fluke spell in extreme swinging conditions in a domestic t20 4 yrs ago.

    sohail on the other hand is a good player but he is clearly too old now and well past his prime. he doesn't have the fitness and the energy to play at the top level any more

    the selectors need to ditch these two liabilities and invest in younger bowlers. it is unbelievable how these two are preferred to junaid who is a proven international bowler

    i don't understand pcb's agenda against junaid. they have tried their best to end his career but he has pulled through with his performances
    Shinwari bowled just one over and it wasnt too bad in terms of his lengths. Amla was too good.
    Shinwari was selected based upon his PSL 2 performances where he bowled really well at the end overs.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    945
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebreaker View Post
    How many chances did Usman get? He just bowled one over today.Sohail Khan and Rumman are the main culprit today
    shinwari has been awful every time he has played for pakistan

    he is clearly not international level and he is not even a top domestic bowler

    he got lucky due to one spell in which he got misbah out too. that is his only claim to fame but he has been exposed since


    "To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    945
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Shinwari bowled just one over and it wasnt too bad in terms of his lengths. Amla was too good.
    Shinwari was selected based upon his PSL 2 performances where he bowled really well at the end overs.

    he is not international class but junaid is


    "To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    15,267
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    shinwari has been awful every time he has played for pakistan

    he is clearly not international level and he is not even a top domestic bowler

    he got lucky due to one spell in which he got misbah out too. that is his only claim to fame but he has been exposed since
    So basically, the two matches he played 4 years ago when he was randomly selected out of the blue and one over today...


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,748
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    So basically, the two matches he played 4 years ago when he was randomly selected out of the blue and one over today...
    Faster than a bullet train in his judgment

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,748
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyhow sohail Khan needs to be gone as he is a liability in field with old legs, poor fitness and stamina.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,532
    Mentioned
    2444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Usman bowled one over. One freaking over.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    945
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    So basically, the two matches he played 4 years ago when he was randomly selected out of the blue and one over today...
    he was crap in 2014 and he is crap now

    domestic record is not special either


    "To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    15,267
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    he was crap in 2014 and he is crap now

    domestic record is not special either
    He didn't play for Pakistan in 2014.

    How much have you seen him bowl?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,699
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know Shinwari only bowled one over, but Rumman and Junaid are better in ODIs and T20Is.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    945
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    He didn't play for Pakistan in 2014.

    How much have you seen him bowl?
    he played t20s vs sri lanka in 2013/2014 after the fluke spell in domestic t20. got hammered.

    same series where sharjeel made his debut


    "To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    13,776
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shinwari deserves a bit more of a run. Can't judge him off one over.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    945
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    He didn't play for Pakistan in 2014.

    How much have you seen him bowl?
    and averages 26 on the extremely bowling friendly pakistani fc wickets where even useless trundlers like hammad azam have godly figures

    he will never be a success at the international level. mark it.


    "To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

  19. #19
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    15,267
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    and averages 26 on the extremely bowling friendly pakistani fc wickets where even useless trundlers like hammad azam have godly figures

    he will never be a success at the international level. mark it.
    Your posts are all over the place.

    I am not advocating him being selected for Tests (even though he was one of the top wicket-takers in QeA last year) nor am I bigging him up as some great bowler.

    I am saying that your argument which is based on discarding him because of two matches four years ago + one over today, is illogical, specially after he fared quite decently in PSL 2.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    19,910
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Usman Shinwari is a poor man's Anwar Ali

    And THAT is really saying something!


    #MPGA

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    15,267
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Usman Shinwari is a poor man's Anwar Ali

    And THAT is really saying something!
    Yes it is saying something because it isn't true.

    Usman in QeA last season: 38 wickets @ 24
    Anwar in QeA last season: 10 wickets @ 49

    Usman in PSL last season: 6 wickets @ 33, economy 7.6
    Anwar in PSL last season: 6 wickets @ 47, economy 9.3

    Anwar is a better batsman though.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  22. #22
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,282
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usman Shinwari is terrible bowler.

    Don't know how he got selected

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    19,910
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Yes it is saying something because it isn't true.

    Usman in QeA last season: 38 wickets @ 24
    Anwar in QeA last season: 10 wickets @ 49

    Usman in PSL last season: 6 wickets @ 33, economy 7.6
    Anwar in PSL last season: 6 wickets @ 47, economy 9.3

    Anwar is a better batsman though.
    Im just basing on the impression I get from watching them play

    Dont think Shinwari will ever be top level.


    #MPGA

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    1,324
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judging by @Leo23 's logic, Smith wouldn't ever be in the Australian team since he started off his career so terribly. Then again I guess he'd be happy about that cos then it'd mean Kohli would be the 'best in all formats'

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    1,324
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Im just basing on the impression I get from watching them play

    Dont think Shinwari will ever be top level.
    So he can't be a "poor mans Anwar Ali" when he's better than Anwar.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    15,267
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Im just basing on the impression I get from watching them play

    Dont think Shinwari will ever be top level.
    I don't think he will be top level either, as in a top bowler and a constant presence in Pakistan sides in all three formats. Could be a useful utility option in the shorter formats. Looked to be a good death bowler during PSL.

    Anwar has literally nothing going for him with the ball.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Pakistan can use sohail khan for tests as a back up seamer

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,699
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mozi2003 View Post
    I think Pakistan can use sohail khan for tests as a back up seamer
    Back up seamer should be a youngster

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    271
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so Usman bowls 1 over for 10 runs and this is his end. Sohail should be out.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,097
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    shinwari has been awful every time he has played for pakistan

    he is clearly not international level and he is not even a top domestic bowler

    he got lucky due to one spell in which he got misbah out too. that is his only claim to fame but he has been exposed since
    Do you watch domestic cricket? Was class throughout PSL and bowled well today.

    Takes a talent to rush Amla...but fair enough if 2 boundaries on a flat wicket with baby boundaries is what you make your judgements on.

    Good work

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    954
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mozi2003 View Post
    I think Pakistan can use sohail khan for tests as a back up seamer
    The guy can barely bowl 4 overs in a T20 and you want him to play test?!

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,559
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Usman got schooled by an ATG. No shame in that. Sohail gotta go though.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    1,405
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    I don't think he will be top level either, as in a top bowler and a constant presence in Pakistan sides in all three formats. Could be a useful utility option in the shorter formats. Looked to be a good death bowler during PSL.

    Anwar has literally nothing going for him with the ball.
    I concur with everything you have written in this thread.

    Not sure how people are rubbishing Shinwari based on one over which went for ten, especially given the shots Amla played were quality cricket strokes.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,932
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali and Amir will take their spots.

    Plus, Shinwari didn't get much of a go.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    388
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The overreactions over one loss are hilarious.

    That being said, Sohail Khan shouldn't be on the squad.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    6,165
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too early to say anything about Shinwari - but Sohail Khan is rubbish and needs to be discarded asap.

  37. #37
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,974
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shinwari is a good bowler who can fill in a spot when needed, not really a long term investment.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    i don't understand pcb's agenda against junaid. they have tried their best to end his career but he has pulled through with his performances
    I agree that Junaid needs to come back in the squad as he played well in the Champions Trophy. However, I think it would be difficult for him to find a place in our T20 playing XI. IMO, our bowling attack should comprise of Amir, Hassan, Shadab, Imad, and Raees.

    I know many would place Junaid over Raees, but I think Raees has a future in T20 cricket for Pakistan and we should persist with him.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    8,853
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebreaker View Post
    How many chances did Usman get? He just bowled one over today.Sohail Khan and Rumman are the main culprit today
    Don't know who backs this guy, one good t20 tournament performance earns him a debut with the Pakistan team... and he gets ripped apart by Kusal Perera... he still bowls that same trash he has been doing since 2013

  40. #40
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,722
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usman Khan hardly got one over for crying out loud!

  41. #41
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only sensible posts on this thread are by admins @Abdullah719 and @idrizzy and may be few others.

    Thread itself and some of the posts including the posts by thread creator are without and facts, logics and analysis.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    945
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Don't know who backs this guy, one good t20 tournament performance earns him a debut with the Pakistan team... and he gets ripped apart by Kusal Perera... he still bowls that same trash he has been doing since 2013
    this

    everyone who is saying that he got one over only etc etc are looking at it the wrong way

    the fact is that he should not have played international cricket in the first place because he has not done anything to deserve it

    he has played very little domestic cricket over the years and his performance has not been exceptional

    far deserving bowlers have not gotten chances because of him just because of one spell in excellent bowling conditions

    he is not international material at all

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    945
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    Judging by @Leo23 's logic, Smith wouldn't ever be in the Australian team since he started off his career so terribly. Then again I guess he'd be happy about that cos then it'd mean Kohli would be the 'best in all formats'
    smith was a successful batsman in australian domestic

    shinwari has been okay and nothing special. besides smith is a rare example. you won't find such players often who have improved so much

    can't reward every tom dick harry for mediocrity because of smith. i am ready to have a bet with you that shinwari will never be a success in international cricket and we are wasting our time on him


    "To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,567
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shinwari is awful. His Gul bowling action makes me feel uncomfortable.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    10,003
    Mentioned
    1543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When was the start of Shinwari?

    The guy has bowled 6 overs in international cricket - some people seriously need to chill out.

    If he performs in domestic cricket then he deserves a call up to the national side just as much as any other bowler out there.

    I'm not gonna sit here and claim he is the next Glen McGrath, but to claim that his international career should be over after bowling 6 overs is absolutely absurd and ridiculous.
    Last edited by TalhaSyed; 14th September 2017 at 07:44.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,394
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usman Khan Shinwari bowled one over yesterday and he is still very young. This is a bit over the top regarding Usman Khan. Sohail Khan did bowl a bad over yesterday but he has worked hard and bowled well in the first game. I don't think he can be dropped now after just one bad performance, despite his age. Anyway, Mickey Arthur defended Sohail Khan after the game yesterday which suggests he is here to stay. I, personally, am a fan of Sohail Khan

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    4,815
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back Sohail Tanvir. He is better than all those being discussed here and a better bat. All bowlers get hammered by batsmen today in T20s. It all boils down to how consistent you are and Tanvir has proven time and again that he is a decent bowler and has the experience by playing in so many international T20 competitions.


    Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

  48. #48
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    8,853
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    this

    everyone who is saying that he got one over only etc etc are looking at it the wrong way

    the fact is that he should not have played international cricket in the first place because he has not done anything to deserve it

    he has played very little domestic cricket over the years and his performance has not been exceptional

    far deserving bowlers have not gotten chances because of him just because of one spell in excellent bowling conditions

    he is not international material at all
    His default line is down the leg side to the right hander, and he gets this big away swing, and sometimes when it doesn't swing that much he looks like a spray gun who just bowls rubbish down the leg side...

    and specially during the left and right hand combination he takes a very long time to adjust to a proper line... can't be economical to save his life.

    Needs alot of tweeking with his action too... his action increases the chances of his waywardness

  49. #49
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,574
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fawad_wellwisher View Post
    Bring back Sohail Tanvir. He is better than all those being discussed here and a better bat. All bowlers get hammered by batsmen today in T20s. It all boils down to how consistent you are and Tanvir has proven time and again that he is a decent bowler and has the experience by playing in so many international T20 competitions.
    Tanvir's last few international outings are not much to write home about and he is a liability in the field as well as with the bat.

    The reason why he's successful in T20 leagues is because domestic batsmen who've never faced him get thrown off by his unorthodox action.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    24,142
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly I've never been impressed by Usman Khan Shinwari. He seems a bowler in the mould of Muhammad Sami who can just mindlessly bowl fast and get dispatched to the boundary even faster. Now this kind of bowling may work in Pakistani domestics against low quality bats but not in international cricket.


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  51. #51
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    362
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Tanvir's last few international outings are not much to write home about and he is a liability in the field as well as with the bat.

    The reason why he's successful in T20 leagues is because domestic batsmen who've never faced him get thrown off by his unorthodox action.
    Hes a legend in the west indies for that reason alone, first pick in the draft if i am not mistaken?

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    82,812
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Mickey Arthur must also see something in Usman am sure?!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  53. #53
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,974
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Mickey Arthur must also see something in Usman am sure?!
    What do you see?


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    82,812
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    What do you see?
    Well anyone who is playing for Pakistan could not have just walked off the street. I have a lot of faith in our selectors and the management.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    82,812
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Another chance for Usman but not doing well atm


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  56. #56
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,699
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Another chance for Usman but not doing well atm
    1/16 in 2 overs is good

  57. #57
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    462
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doing well so far, don't know what the fuss is all about

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,097
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bowled really well.

    Its a graveyard track with a wet ball and a tiny ground. Even Hasan has struggled...

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    1,324
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anis10 View Post
    Doing well so far, don't know what the fuss is all about
    Cos people like to slate a guy over ONE GAME, and don't give them time. Makes zero sense.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    8,325
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has been phenomenal. Just like he was in the PSL.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,711
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Great talent, need to persist with him, 1-26 of his 4 overs. Econ rate of 6.50, which is great for T20 cricket.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    7,674
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's not that bad but he's got no career in ODIs or Tests. A respectable T20 bowler.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    1,405
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    Cos people like to slate a guy over ONE GAME, and don't give them time. Makes zero sense.
    Not even one game. They were slating him after one over.

    Unsurprisingly the posters who said this are usually wrong/bitter about most things.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    75
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz95 View Post
    He's not that bad but he's got no career in ODIs or Tests. A respectable T20 bowler.
    He's a decent backup option, but he there are better bowlers who should be prioritised in the other formats; such as Ehtisham, Bashir etc.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,711
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz95 View Post
    He's not that bad but he's got no career in ODIs or Tests. A respectable T20 bowler.
    What makes you say that?

  66. #66
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This should be the end of such threads.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    945
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bowled well today but i am not convinced that he is a long term option


    "To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    7,674
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiraeth View Post
    He's a decent backup option, but he there are better bowlers who should be prioritised in the other formats; such as Ehtisham, Bashir etc.
    Agreed..you're not saying anything I didn't already imply.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    What makes you say that?
    He hasn't got that persistent relentless line and length you want from a test bowler, nor that major wicket taking ball like Amir or Hasan do nor much talent in terms of swing/seam/pace. He has many different variations in the armoury which work well in T20s because of it's attacking nature. Maybe in ODIs he can get away if he isn't as wayward (even then he has 10 overs to bowl, can't keep using those variations) but it won't work in tests.

    It's not a big deal though, there's nothing wrong with being a T20 specialist because he's got potential. It's like Narine the LOI bowler compared (pre chucking) to Narine the test bowler. He's a good option to have as back up but he has no big future in Pakistan like Hasan or Amir do. He's also behind Rumman and Junaid who are currently in the set up as well.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,711
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    bowled well today but i am not convinced that he is a long term option
    For now, he is a good option for T20 cricket and can potentially improve his game to play ODI cricket as well (needs to tighten his bowling a bit more for this but definitely can get there).

    A bit erratic but now that he is the international setup, I'm hoping he will improve a lot more.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    1,324
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Not even one game. They were slating him after one over.

    Unsurprisingly the posters who said this are usually wrong/bitter about most things.
    Why don't people comment after 10 games? The futility of some fans is crazy.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,711
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz95 View Post
    He hasn't got that persistent relentless line and length you want from a test bowler, nor that major wicket taking ball like Amir or Hasan do nor much talent in terms of swing/seam/pace. He has many different variations in the armoury which work well in T20s because of it's attacking nature. Maybe in ODIs he can get away if he isn't as wayward (even then he has 10 overs to bowl, can't keep using those variations) but it won't work in tests.

    It's not a big deal though, there's nothing wrong with being a T20 specialist because he's got potential. It's like Narine the LOI bowler compared (pre chucking) to Narine the test bowler. He's a good option to have as back up but he has no big future in Pakistan like Hasan or Amir do. He's also behind Rumman and Junaid who are currently in the set up as well.
    I think you're being harsh on the youngster by understating him. He's only 22-23 YO, has time on his hands to improve. Sadly in Pakistans case majority of these improvements will happen only if he is around the international setup (ie coaches and other staff).

    He is the ingredients to be successful, just needs that extra nudge.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing I like about him is the control he has on his yorkers, one of the best in recent times.

    It can be great for Pakistan if he can deliver these in pressure T20 situations.

    For ODIs he needs to work on his swing and seam to be more effective.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    1,405
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    Why don't people comment after 10 games? The futility of some fans is crazy.
    Honestly don't know what these "fans" want. We complain when players are dropped after one game, but then these same "fans" also rubbish a player and call for his head after one game. Do they not see the double standards?!

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    7,674
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    I think you're being harsh on the youngster by understating him. He's only 22-23 YO, has time on his hands to improve. Sadly in Pakistans case majority of these improvements will happen only if he is around the international setup (ie coaches and other staff).

    He is the ingredients to be successful, just needs that extra nudge.
    I just don't see anything in him which can make him a potential test bowler. To be fair my assessments usually are harsh, I didn't rate Hasan Ali much till the CT. He should be around the T20 set up for sure, if he does well then ODIs should be his next goal. The sad thing is he's always gonna be Pakistan's B option because he lacks that oomph, however am happy to be proven wrong by him.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz95 View Post
    I just don't see anything in him which can make him a potential test bowler. To be fair my assessments usually are harsh, I didn't rate Hasan Ali much till the CT. He should be around the T20 set up for sure, if he does well then ODIs should be his next goal. The sad thing is he's always gonna be Pakistan's B option because he lacks that oomph, however am happy to be proven wrong by him.
    He can go upto 140s, we couldnt see it as there was no speedo meter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •