Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"We want to show that we can host cricket in the whole country, not one city only" : Shahid Afridi

Shahid Afridi speaking on TV after the 2nd T20I against World XI:

"Credit to Najam Sethi, PCB, ICC and all the foreign players for coming and helping Pakistan cricket."

"I'm here for the matches and I will be here for the last match too. That's because this is about Pakistan's cricket and our respect. I will come to the ground for all the foreign players who have come to Pakistan."

"All these matches in Pakistan are sending out a really positive message which is a really good thing. Next time we should take this one step further and have matches at Karachi, Pindi and Multan so that the world sees we have had matches all over the country. We don't want to show that we can host cricket in one city only, we want to show that we can host cricket in the whole country. For next time, the plans should involve the whole of Pakistan."

"Tragedies happen everywhere. There was an incident in Manchester and the next day there was a match. Incidents happen everywhere but that doesn't mean that you shut down all activity."

"I have always said that sports should improve relations between countries. I have stated that Indian players should have been in the World XI squad. They can even be players who aren't centrally contracted. Similarly, we should have brought players from Afghanistan. These are small decisions but in difficult times, boards should support each other."

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about hosting matches everywhere in Pakistan. Just hosting the matches in Lahore sends a bad message out that the other cities aren't safe enough and only Lahore is. If matches are hosted all over the country it will prove to other teams that Pakistan in general is a safe country, rather than Lahore just being a safe city.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am surprised about lack of Pakistani celebrities in these matches.If it was in Dubai,Momina Mustehsan would have been on first flight from JFK to Dubai to watch the matches

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm liking afridi more these days than I ever did during his playing days.

Saying all the right things.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No man... I disagree with Lala. Lahore Lahore hai bhai...

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karachi, Pindi aur Multan main to match banta hai.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lala setting himself up to get into politics eventually. Who knows, maybe even via a stint in the PCB. Stay tuned for those memoirs!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    one step at a time

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~