Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 161 to 199 of 199
  1. #161
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,693
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    183/0 now lmao
    I understand Mushi's logic though don't support that.

    He started the match with a mindset to bail out a draw, so on such good wicket went for bowling & catch SAF off guard with time. If we can avoid follow on, SAF will need every bit of that 450 overs, but batting first gives them at least 90 overs handicap.

    Looks foolish, but tactically not that bad a call - particularly considering it's the early cricket season in SAF with frequent wet weather.

  2. #162
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,584
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yasir must be so tired! 31 covers out of 81 and plenty more to bowl.

  3. #163
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,619
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I understand Mushi's logic though don't support that.

    He started the match with a mindset to bail out a draw, so on such good wicket went for bowling & catch SAF off guard with time. If we can avoid follow on, SAF will need every bit of that 450 overs, but batting first gives them at least 90 overs handicap.

    Looks foolish, but tactically not that bad a call - particularly considering it's the early cricket season in SAF with frequent wet weather.
    If you are starting the match with the mentality to draw it, 9 times out of 10 you will lose it.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  4. #164
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,619
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok Chandimal betayy buhat hogaya mazaq jaldi se out ho ke pavilion mein laut jao


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  5. #165
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,018
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz doesn't have any match sense. According to Ramiz take second new ball and bowl with Yasir Shah.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  6. #166
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    11,174
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    28 overs out of 74 by Yasir on Day 1 and they didn't go for Asghar; udhar Mushi has put SAF in and they are 147/0 so far - not sure which one is the dumber decision today.
    Putting SAF in is certainly the dumber decision by a long shot. Don't know what mushy was thinking. Unless he has no faith in his batting lineup against Rabada and co.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  7. #167
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,963
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rameez to Russell "Your not obviously listening to me" lol

    Other commentator proceeds to not respond (makes you think, was he listening again?)

  8. #168
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,693
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Who wants to bother for a 4 Day Test on such wicket?

  9. #169
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,018
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Who wants to bother for a 4 Day Test on such wicket?
    haha this a a 7 day wicket :p


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  10. #170
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,693
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Putting SAF in is certainly the dumber decision by a long shot. Don't know what mushy was thinking. Unless he has no faith in his batting lineup against Rabada and co.
    I explained the reason & it has a merit, though I don't support it. As I came to know, there is a bit rain threat which might make the ultimate target for us only to avoid follow on ....😜

  11. #171
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    527
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happend to Amir??? His pace is down a lot.

  12. #172
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,693
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    If it has to be 3 pacers, Abbas was way behind my packing - behind Wahab & Hamza as well actually. Because he is a typical English style length bowler, hardly swings in air & if there is no reverse, he is absolutely use less. Hamza at least can swing it in air.

    I was expecting 4.5 bowlers with 2.5 spinners (and Hasan partnering Wahab) - they went for 4.0 with 1.0 spinner dropping Wahab, Asghar all together, so one party is grossly dumb here, in reading UAE, particularly Abu Dhabi wicket.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,963
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    These pitches have nothing for pace bowlers, have to feel for them.

    What can Abbas, Amir, and Hassan do when there are such pitches present?

    Can't wait for test cricket to return to Pakistan. Those pitches are much more conducive to test cricket.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,715
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirforpresident View Post
    What happend to Amir??? His pace is down a lot.
    The UAE conditions don't allow him to go all out. The heat is literally unbearable at this point. I was in Dubai a few days ago and the 2 minute walk from the grocery store to my car felt like a hour one.

  15. #175
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,963
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Amir looks pretty innocuous here.

  16. #176
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,619
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Humara quami khel tou hockey hai


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  17. #177
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    11,174
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I explained the reason & it has a merit, though I don't support it. As I came to know, there is a bit rain threat which might make the ultimate target for us only to avoid follow on ....��
    Yeah I read what you wrote but that's a very defensive move if true. BD should be looking to win not just draw.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  18. #178
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    392
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir getting spanked, haha

  19. #179
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,715
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    These pitches have nothing for pace bowlers, have to feel for them.

    What can Abbas, Amir, and Hassan do when there are such pitches present?

    Can't wait for test cricket to return to Pakistan. Those pitches are much more conducive to test cricket.
    The pitches will be largely similar in Pakistan. However yes, the ground staff will at least be under our control.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,018
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our only chance to win this match is to get them below 370 and put 500+


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  21. #181
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    11,174
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    The pitches will be largely similar in Pakistan. However yes, the ground staff will at least be under our control.
    I'm pretty sure pitches in Pakistan are better than this Abu Dhabi wicket. This is the worst ground for test cricket in the world.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  22. #182
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,715
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't understand the logic behind including the mega trundler in Abbas.

  23. #183
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,963
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    The pitches will be largely similar in Pakistan. However yes, the ground staff will at least be under our control.
    Pakistani pitches offer more to pacers then these. Early morning swing, and if playing in Karachi swings throughout the day with the sea breeze.

    Reverse swing definitely comes into play (grounds are more aggressive). Can't really blame anyone, the weather conditions in the UAE just don't allow such pitches.

  24. #184
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,963
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Don't understand the logic behind including the mega trundler in Abbas.
    Abbas is a good line and length bowler. This was the same guy who took 15 wickets in his first 3 tests, but you can't blame him with these pitches.

  25. #185
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,693
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Yeah I read what you wrote but that's a very defensive move if true. BD should be looking to win not just draw.
    What are you saying yaar!!!!! If the series ends 1-0 to hosts, we actually get 2 points & they lose some👍

    Miracles do happen in cricket, but not in 4 innings matches, where better sides has 4 chances to recover. In that regard, I wrote it many times - ZIM's win against Misbah's team is the greatest upset in cricket history for me.

  26. #186
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,715
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    Abbas is a good line and length bowler. This was the same guy who took 15 wickets in his first 3 tests, but you can't blame him with these pitches.
    Of course. However him being a trundler is not my opinion, it is a fact and these pitches are tailor made for the either spinners or 140 KPH + bowlers, at the very least. The only place I can see him being successful at is England or maybe New Zealand. Doesn't have swing to survive on these UAE on the pitches, or the seam option for somewhere like Sri Lanka, BD and India or the pace/height for Aus and SA.

  27. #187
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,693
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    I'm pretty sure pitches in Pakistan are better than this Abu Dhabi wicket. This is the worst ground for test cricket in the world.
    Actually, I am not sure - in fact I believe opposite. What happens in PAK is that due to winter fog, & heavy air balls swing. Besides since last time when PAK played at home that you have seen, that generation had few bowlers who had speed in air, so they could manage it a bit better on those absolute rubbish.

    Take this type of attack on a typical PAK Tedt wicket, I can tell you 222/2 will be the 1st day score .... still it's good for the game that UAE doesn't use PCB's groundsmen - it would have been even worse.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    11,174
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    What are you saying yaar!!!!! If the series ends 1-0 to hosts, we actually get 2 points & they lose some��

    Miracles do happen in cricket, but not in 4 innings matches, where better sides has 4 chances to recover. In that regard, I wrote it many times - ZIM's win against Misbah's team is the greatest upset in cricket history for me.
    Oh yeah I forgot about the rankings table. If BAD had a test in Durban , I'd have actually backed BD to win that match .


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  29. #189
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,963
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Of course. However him being a trundler is not my opinion, it is a fact and these pitches are tailor made for the either spinners or 140 KPH + bowlers, at the very least. The only place I can see him being successful at is England or maybe New Zealand. Doesn't have swing to survive on these UAE on the pitches, or the seam option for somewhere like Sri Lanka, BD and India or the pace/height for Aus and SA.
    I would say that he isn't an option for the UAE, needs to up his pace a bit more and learn to swing the ball. The guy has a good FC average, but we all know the pitch conditions and the ball that was used in domestic.

    Would play him everywhere else, but yes I would agree that if it's a flat wicket the guy doesn't really bring anything to the table.

  30. #190
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,715
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta love Yas. He's bowled so many overs but still smiling and as energetic as ever. My absolute favorite player in the team.

  31. #191
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    9,386
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sami needs to chill wit that biryani tho

  32. #192
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,715
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    I would say that he isn't an option for the UAE, needs to up his pace a bit more and learn to swing the ball. The guy has a good FC average, but we all know the pitch conditions and the ball that was used in domestic.

    Would play him everywhere else, but yes I would agree that if it's a flat wicket the guy doesn't really bring anything to the table.
    I respect your optimism but he's at least 30 years old and asking him to learn how to swing or up his pace at this stage of his career is tough ask. Especially given his lack of professionalism.

  33. #193
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,963
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There's the difference, Hasan with a bit more pace got the ball to move away just a little bit.

  34. #194
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    9,386
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't wait til Azhar-Asad partnership smashes Lankans into oblivion.


    Btw liking Shafiq's beard.

  35. #195
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,715
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our faster men getting spanked here.. What PATHETIC decision making to not play 2 or even 3 spinners.

  36. #196
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,619
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan Sasuke View Post
    Amir getting spanked, haha
    I see that the embarrassment and mental pain received on June 18 had far reaching effects.


    Poor Indians always crying



    #Kohli nahi hota tugh se chase


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  37. #197
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,715
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dickwella taking the game away here. Not a single batsman do we have who can play like this man.

  38. #198
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    1,098
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SL 227/4 (89.3 Ovs

  39. #199
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,715
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give Haris the darn ball.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •