Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    183/0 now lmao
    I understand Mushi's logic though don't support that.

He started the match with a mindset to bail out a draw, so on such good wicket went for bowling & catch SAF off guard with time. If we can avoid follow on, SAF will need every bit of that 450 overs, but batting first gives them at least 90 overs handicap.

Looks foolish, but tactically not that bad a call - particularly considering it's the early cricket season in SAF with frequent wet weather.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yasir must be so tired! 31 covers out of 81 and plenty more to bowl.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I understand Mushi's logic though don't support that.

He started the match with a mindset to bail out a draw, so on such good wicket went for bowling & catch SAF off guard with time. If we can avoid follow on, SAF will need every bit of that 450 overs, but batting first gives them at least 90 overs handicap.

Looks foolish, but tactically not that bad a call - particularly considering it's the early cricket season in SAF with frequent wet weather.
    If you are starting the match with the mentality to draw it, 9 times out of 10 you will lose it.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok Chandimal betayy buhat hogaya mazaq jaldi se out ho ke pavilion mein laut jao

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramiz doesn't have any match sense. According to Ramiz take second new ball and bowl with Yasir Shah.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    28 overs out of 74 by Yasir on Day 1 and they didn't go for Asghar; udhar Mushi has put SAF in and they are 147/0 so far - not sure which one is the dumber decision today.
    Putting SAF in is certainly the dumber decision by a long shot. Don't know what mushy was thinking. Unless he has no faith in his batting lineup against Rabada and co.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rameez to Russell "Your not obviously listening to me" lol

Other commentator proceeds to not respond (makes you think, was he listening again?)

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Who wants to bother for a 4 Day Test on such wicket?

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who wants to bother for a 4 Day Test on such wicket?
    haha this a a 7 day wicket :p

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Putting SAF in is certainly the dumber decision by a long shot. Don't know what mushy was thinking. Unless he has no faith in his batting lineup against Rabada and co.
    I explained the reason & it has a merit, though I don't support it. As I came to know, there is a bit rain threat which might make the ultimate target for us only to avoid follow on ....😜

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happend to Amir??? His pace is down a lot.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    If it has to be 3 pacers, Abbas was way behind my packing - behind Wahab & Hamza as well actually. Because he is a typical English style length bowler, hardly swings in air & if there is no reverse, he is absolutely use less. Hamza at least can swing it in air.

I was expecting 4.5 bowlers with 2.5 spinners (and Hasan partnering Wahab) - they went for 4.0 with 1.0 spinner dropping Wahab, Asghar all together, so one party is grossly dumb here, in reading UAE, particularly Abu Dhabi wicket.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    These pitches have nothing for pace bowlers, have to feel for them.

What can Abbas, Amir, and Hassan do when there are such pitches present?

Can't wait for test cricket to return to Pakistan. Those pitches are much more conducive to test cricket.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirforpresident View Post
    What happend to Amir??? His pace is down a lot.
    The UAE conditions don't allow him to go all out. The heat is literally unbearable at this point. I was in Dubai a few days ago and the 2 minute walk from the grocery store to my car felt like a hour one.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Amir looks pretty innocuous here.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Humara quami khel tou hockey hai

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I explained the reason & it has a merit, though I don't support it. As I came to know, there is a bit rain threat which might make the ultimate target for us only to avoid follow on ....��
    Yeah I read what you wrote but that's a very defensive move if true. BD should be looking to win not just draw.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir getting spanked, haha

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    These pitches have nothing for pace bowlers, have to feel for them.

What can Abbas, Amir, and Hassan do when there are such pitches present?

Can't wait for test cricket to return to Pakistan. Those pitches are much more conducive to test cricket.
    The pitches will be largely similar in Pakistan. However yes, the ground staff will at least be under our control.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our only chance to win this match is to get them below 370 and put 500+

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    The pitches will be largely similar in Pakistan. However yes, the ground staff will at least be under our control.
    I'm pretty sure pitches in Pakistan are better than this Abu Dhabi wicket. This is the worst ground for test cricket in the world.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't understand the logic behind including the mega trundler in Abbas.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pakistani pitches offer more to pacers then these. Early morning swing, and if playing in Karachi swings throughout the day with the sea breeze.

Reverse swing definitely comes into play (grounds are more aggressive). Can't really blame anyone, the weather conditions in the UAE just don't allow such pitches.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Don't understand the logic behind including the mega trundler in Abbas.
    Abbas is a good line and length bowler. This was the same guy who took 15 wickets in his first 3 tests, but you can't blame him with these pitches.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Yeah I read what you wrote but that's a very defensive move if true. BD should be looking to win not just draw.
    What are you saying yaar!!!!! If the series ends 1-0 to hosts, we actually get 2 points & they lose some👍

Miracles do happen in cricket, but not in 4 innings matches, where better sides has 4 chances to recover. In that regard, I wrote it many times - ZIM's win against Misbah's team is the greatest upset in cricket history for me.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abbas is a good line and length bowler. This was the same guy who took 15 wickets in his first 3 tests, but you can't blame him with these pitches.
    Of course. However him being a trundler is not my opinion, it is a fact and these pitches are tailor made for the either spinners or 140 KPH + bowlers, at the very least. The only place I can see him being successful at is England or maybe New Zealand. Doesn't have swing to survive on these UAE on the pitches, or the seam option for somewhere like Sri Lanka, BD and India or the pace/height for Aus and SA.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure pitches in Pakistan are better than this Abu Dhabi wicket. This is the worst ground for test cricket in the world.
    Actually, I am not sure - in fact I believe opposite. What happens in PAK is that due to winter fog, & heavy air balls swing. Besides since last time when PAK played at home that you have seen, that generation had few bowlers who had speed in air, so they could manage it a bit better on those absolute rubbish.

Take this type of attack on a typical PAK Tedt wicket, I can tell you 222/2 will be the 1st day score .... still it's good for the game that UAE doesn't use PCB's groundsmen - it would have been even worse.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What are you saying yaar!!!!! If the series ends 1-0 to hosts, we actually get 2 points & they lose some��

Miracles do happen in cricket, but not in 4 innings matches, where better sides has 4 chances to recover. In that regard, I wrote it many times - ZIM's win against Misbah's team is the greatest upset in cricket history for me.
    Oh yeah I forgot about the rankings table. If BAD had a test in Durban , I'd have actually backed BD to win that match .

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Of course. However him being a trundler is not my opinion, it is a fact and these pitches are tailor made for the either spinners or 140 KPH + bowlers, at the very least. The only place I can see him being successful at is England or maybe New Zealand. Doesn't have swing to survive on these UAE on the pitches, or the seam option for somewhere like Sri Lanka, BD and India or the pace/height for Aus and SA.
    I would say that he isn't an option for the UAE, needs to up his pace a bit more and learn to swing the ball. The guy has a good FC average, but we all know the pitch conditions and the ball that was used in domestic.

Would play him everywhere else, but yes I would agree that if it's a flat wicket the guy doesn't really bring anything to the table.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta love Yas. He's bowled so many overs but still smiling and as energetic as ever. My absolute favorite player in the team.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sami needs to chill wit that biryani tho

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that he isn't an option for the UAE, needs to up his pace a bit more and learn to swing the ball. The guy has a good FC average, but we all know the pitch conditions and the ball that was used in domestic.

Would play him everywhere else, but yes I would agree that if it's a flat wicket the guy doesn't really bring anything to the table.
    I respect your optimism but he's at least 30 years old and asking him to learn how to swing or up his pace at this stage of his career is tough ask. Especially given his lack of professionalism.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There's the difference, Hasan with a bit more pace got the ball to move away just a little bit.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't wait til Azhar-Asad partnership smashes Lankans into oblivion.

Btw liking Shafiq's beard.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our faster men getting spanked here.. What PATHETIC decision making to not play 2 or even 3 spinners.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan Sasuke View Post
    Amir getting spanked, haha
    I see that the embarrassment and mental pain received on June 18 had far reaching effects.

Poor Indians always crying

#Kohli nahi hota tugh se chase

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dickwella taking the game away here. Not a single batsman do we have who can play like this man.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SL 227/4 (89.3 Ovs

Debut
    Aug 2016