Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1046 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When will Sarfaraz Ahmed start taking more responsibility with the bat?

Let's be honest, he's quite predictable as a batsman.

I just have no words to describe his dismissal, it was so abysmal.

Your best day is my worst day.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's sad, it happens over and over again.

I don't know what's loose in his noggin but as captain, such carelessness can't fly. Needs to learn to take more responsibility and respect opposition bowlers more.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Better shot selection needed.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he's the biggest problem in the side... how about getting rid of the dead wood in Aslam? Babar needs to go too until he improves in the longer format.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A captain should be taking more responsibility

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why Sarfaraz is being blamed. He is the one who made a mini recovery from 30/5.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    we can ask this question to pretty much the whole team asides from Azhar and Harris

but yes he needs to improve

#MPGA

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jo baat hai. Sarfraz Ahmed is a brilliant player and I don't really care where he bats but the fact is, he needs to start taking more responsibility with the bat. His innings is supposed to be the difference between the two sides.

Has started looking like Afridi recently with all his innings down the order.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But...aggression?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Jo baat hai. Sarfraz Ahmed is a brilliant player and I don't really care where he bats but the fact is, he needs to start taking more responsibility with the bat. His innings is supposed to be the difference between the two sides.

Has started looking like Afridi recently with all his innings down the order.
    apart from a SL away match once i think most of his top innings came when he had a massive platform i think

#MPGA

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He shouldn't stop being an aggressive batsmen. He should just be a bit more responsible. Over the last 2-3 years he's been really reckless in test cricket.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's sarfraz fault that the team couldn't chase 136 and the "Pakistani kohli" along with others failed to perform. Him and haris were the only ones that gave a fight. Can't blame his captaincy either when he got us into a very winnable position only having to chase 136 and still losing.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is still better than Kohli as a leader, his bowlers let him down

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lehen View Post
    His bowlers? His batsmen were abysmal. His captaincy was all good it's just that the batting line up couldnt chase 136.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfair to single out Sarfraz when there is such a horrible batting lineup for Pakistan. Seems he does'nt want to come up as what I've seen during his captaincy and its fine as long as there are solid players in top . The real issue where I find him wanting is the kind of batting selections he is carrying.The top 5 can't even make 35 runs batting second, it is terrible.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets be honest, when the captain didn't bat in the first innings, he will most likely not do it in a second innings too since the ball is turning a mile and its RANGANA HERATH. So he definitely deserves some flack for not performing with the bat in this test match. Sarf will now realize that his gun ho style will not be applicable if he wants to remain captain for Pak. His style was a good complement to Misbah's attritional style. But when the lineup is as fragile as this, maybe you need to stay in the crease for a bit

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should ave come in 2 down... needed someone to go attack...

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lehen View Post
    Team selection of 3 fast bowlers made the difference. Poor strategy from captain and coach. This pitch turned since day one. Should have played Asif or asghar or both

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poor stuff in both the innings.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Team selection of 3 fast bowlers made the difference. Poor strategy from captain and coach. This pitch turned since day one. Should have played Asif or asghar or both
    WE NEEDED 136 TO WIN AND FAILED. WHAT HAS BOWLING GOT TO DO WITH THIS LOSS?! If u can't chase 136 on any pitch u don't deserve to win.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They shuffled the batting order unnecessarily when Azhar is making a lot of runs as an opener. The pressure of batting at no.3 is different now from before as he is the only rock to defend. If u see babar as a no.3 and giving all the chances in all away tours and when an easy series at UAE comes u pushed him to 5 will surely dent his confidence. Asad is a mental midget if his batting position is shuffled he will vanish away from the team pretty quickly is what happened for him in ODIs.

MA needs to consult his support staff RIXON and FLOWER on better advice for strategy in tests. He might bring the team down the ranking so quickly

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1076 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Been a while since I can recall a good Sarfraz Test innings. Needs to step up with the bat.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htariq25 View Post
    WE NEEDED 136 TO WIN AND FAILED. WHAT HAS BOWLING GOT TO DO WITH THIS LOSS?! If u can't chase 136 on any pitch u don't deserve to win.
    SRL would have been bundled out for less than 300 in the first inns if they had played 2 or 3 spinners. They all were very weak in confidence after the home whitewash by India. All their batsmen looked in no touch except dimuth and niroshan. They just saw off yasir's one over as no pressure of spin from the other end.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His bowlers? His batsmen were abysmal. His captaincy was all good it's just that the batting line up couldnt chase 136.
    Cant fault the bowler. The wicket was not spinning drastically. This was more of a day 1 indian dust bowl so often we have seen in India.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To put simply.. Sarfaraz batting has been exposed. Pretty poor stuff

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1046 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  cc.jpg
Views: 2789
Size:  205.5 KB

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sadly there is no competition for him as wicket-keeper. That said, he is captain now so he should know he needs to step up to the plate and lead from the front.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1076 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Name:  cc.jpg
Views: 2789
Size:  205.5 KB
    Its an okay record, not terrible and that too in foreign conditions, plenty of decent starts and pretty 40s/50s but he needs to kick on especially now he's captain.

Our tail is actually a lot better than it was in the past when we had mugs like Rahat and co. so the excuse that he can't go big because of our weak tail doesn't wash anymore.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another one who was surviving under the shadow of Misbah and Younis, as soon as they left these pretty boys got exposed. Can't remember the last time Sarfaraz played an innings of any note.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfi has been a dud with the bat in tests for a long time.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does need to put his hand up more regularly as captain.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    its a massive disappointment

The excuse 'that's the way he plays' is an absolute cop out

I love Sarfraz but he needs to take the initiative with the bat

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    SRL would have been bundled out for less than 300 in the first inns if they had played 2 or 3 spinners. They all were very weak in confidence after the home whitewash by India. All their batsmen looked in no touch except dimuth and niroshan. They just saw off yasir's one over as no pressure of spin from the other end.
    I agree we should have played 2 spinners but srsly we can't even chase 136? If we can't chase 136 against Sri Lanka we don't deserve to win anyway. Only sarfi and haris put any fight in the batting.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry neither Shan masood or Sami aslam should be opening at the top why are they in the team

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe ppl blaming sarfraz on the loss when every1 other than him and haris failed and didn't put in any fight. It was a poor shot yes but what do u have to say about Hasan alis shot or Shan masoods shot or even Sami aslam literally guiding it to slip.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon11 View Post
    Sorry neither Shan masood or Sami aslam should be opening at the top why are they in the team
    Agreed but not many alternatives. Masood is a club level cricketer tho and should be dropped immediately. I prefer shehzad and actually want him back opening with aslam if azhar has to stay at number 3

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has serious temperamental issues which need to be resolved.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Becoming a bit like Afridi in Tests

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Its an okay record, not terrible and that too in foreign conditions, plenty of decent starts and pretty 40s/50s but he needs to kick on especially now he's captain.

Our tail is actually a lot better than it was in the past when we had mugs like Rahat and co. so the excuse that he can't go big because of our weak tail doesn't wash anymore.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't scored a hundred for a long while and is avg as well as ton rate is going down. Was averaging 50 at one point that has gone down to 40 and now has 3 centuries in 37 games - last year he was known as the best wicket keeper batsman in tests, not sure anymore...

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    In such an attritional, one dimensional batting line up with no 2nd gear i find it funny to see people criticize the one player looking to bat with intent.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Sarfraz. I like his captaincy. But he has to take the blame for this one. Yes the rest of the batsmen (Haris apart) were inept and looked out of their depth. However, Sarfraz looked comfortable out there against this spin attack on a day 5 track. More so than any other batsmen. And for that reason, he deserves the blame. He really should have taken Pakistan home. The other criticism I have is that if he wanted to play attacking cricket then he should have batted himself at 5.

Nonetheless, Pakistan should have won even from 98-6. Haris shouldn't be missing a straighter one. Hasan Ali shouldn't be getting bowled around his legs.

Credit to Sri Lanka, they always seem to punch above their weight. I'm still not a fan of Shan Masood. Asad looks such a good batsman but he looks like a nearly man. Surely won't last beyond this series if he doesn't play any innings of substance.

Pakistan should bring in Imad Wasim or Mohammad Hafeez for Shan Masood or Babar Azam and this will be a terrific bowling attack. The batting is a work in progress.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should ask the top order snails to play faster and tone down a little himself. He is the best player against spin in the side and should score more. I wont mind him playing at ~60 strike rate for next few series till Haris, Babar and Usman are settled.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Should ask the top order snails to play faster and tone down a little himself. He is the best player against spin in the side and should score more. I wont mind him playing at ~60 strike rate for next few series till Haris, Babar and Usman are settled.
    That's why the burden of responsibility falls on Sarfraz's shoulders more than anyone else.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sarfraz finding out that you cannot get away with hiding yourself in test cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1046 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    In such an attritional, one dimensional batting line up with no 2nd gear i find it funny to see people criticize the one player looking to bat with intent.
    Looking to bat with intent doesn't mean that you throw your wicket away like Afridi || Akmal.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Turning into an Umar Akmal. Needs to calm down a bit.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any decent keeper bat in domestic whose last name is not akmal?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree we should have played 2 spinners but srsly we can't even chase 136? If we can't chase 136 against Sri Lanka we don't deserve to win anyway. Only sarfi and haris put any fight in the batting.
    final inns , any target is tough on a baked pitch cracking like biscuits... even with misyou they would'nt have chased or may be win by 1 or 2 wickets...

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he was scoring with 40+ average on mars he had played some fast but important 50s down the order when our run rate was low.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1046 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let's see what he's up to today!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    40plus

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1046 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry but what was that from him? Can someone explain?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shameful batting from the captain

You are the leader of the team, act like one.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    I'm sorry but what was that from him? Can someone explain?
    A brain fade.Hes getting them more and more.He needs a severe talking to by Mickey.

That was simply atricious.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Still can't compare to what Babar Azam played.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1046 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Still can't compare to what Babar Azam played.
    Yes, that one infuriated me the most.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't see why people are upset, his strike rate was 100.00. If everyone else batted as quickly we'd have scored 480 runs by now

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what can you expect from him? He has played like this all his life and got away now he can't change that surely.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    what can you expect from him? He has played like this all his life and got away now he can't change that surely.
    Still wipes the floor with Akmals.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A young keeper batsman will ultimately take place of Sarfraz.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Still wipes the floor with Akmals.

right. that's why Sarfraz can continue to bat like a hack. thanks for your comment bhai.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Someone needs to tell Sarfraz that he is not captaining an English side of the 90s.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Playing with Sarfraz = playing with 10 players + a specialist captain.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His form has seriously gone down with the bat off late. I suppose he doesn't realise that he isn't made for the late middle-order. Either he bats in the top order or he doesn't make the XI at all. He doesn't have half the power game of some of our worst power hitters.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd like Sarfraz to be batting 4 or 5 ideally, too good a batsman to be down this low, as is probably our most impactful batsman in our team. Swap Hafeez and Sarfraz's positions.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Been pretty mediocre with the bat since being captain. Maybe because he has pushed himself to number six when his ideal position is number 4.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's just managing his workload, took a leaf out of Dhoni's book. Why work hard in every match when you have 10 other ppl to do it on your disposal. He will come in his own when the team is in a collapse type situation. Acts as a good buffer in our side.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean Sarf isn't one of those guys that will hit six every ball everyone knows that. So no point getting him to bat last 3-4 overs

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been pretty mediocre with the bat since being captain. Maybe because he has pushed himself to number six when his ideal position is number 4.
    Exactly. And excuse me for being wrong but Sarfraz Ahmed was never THIS bad at hitting boundaries and sixes. Sure, he wasn't exactly your power hitter but his power game has been woeful recently. Perhaps because of the lack of fitness?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Exactly. And excuse me for being wrong but Sarfraz Ahmed was never THIS bad at hitting boundaries and sixes. Sure, he wasn't exactly your power hitter but his power game has been woeful recently. Perhaps because of the lack of fitness?
    He's only okay in hitting when there is pace on the ball or in the pitch. Otherwise, he is awful because he has no strength to muscle the slower pace.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    He's only okay in hitting when there is pace on the ball or in the pitch. Otherwise, he is awful because he has no strength to muscle the slower pace.
    Exactly and as I said, while it wasn't much better, he wasn't THIS bad at hitting.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    dont know why he has drpped himself to 6 . he was playing at 4 before this and doing wonders .

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He is a number 4 batsman in ODIs and probably our best number 4 apart from Haris (who I want to open anyway). Playing himself down at 6 is not only wasting himself but also disrespectful towards the team. Your team need you at 4, stop hiding or catering to others and take responsibility.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez needs to move at 6. This is disappointing form Sarf...he needs to stop being a pushover.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz should either open or let Babar open so everyone can move up by one slot and Haris can play.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    It's not about muscle. He doesn't have long arms, plus the way he grips the bat makes it very difficult to hit big shots. Try holding a bat very low down the handle and with both hands extremely close together. His range of strokes is simple very limited due to that, and also his stance which is usually in a crouching type of position.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My XI for the next game with Sarfraz at 4 would be

Fakhar
    Inam
    Babar
    Sarfraz
    Malik
    Hafeez
    Imad
    Shadab
    Hasan
    Raees
    Junaid

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    It's not about muscle. He doesn't have long arms, plus the way he grips the bat makes it very difficult to hit big shots. Try holding a bat very low down the handle and with both hands extremely close together. His range of strokes is simple very limited due to that, and also his stance which is usually in a crouching type of position.
    This! He also stands very open chested and ends up limiting himself to midwicket or cover. If he closes his stance just a little bit he'll end up playing all around the ground. Currently the only time he hits the ball square of the wicket is when he square cuts the spinners or sweeps them.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Done nothing significant with the bat for a while. Needs to improve.