Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 161 to 232 of 232
  1. #161
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    881
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who would replace him?

  2. #162
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,060
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePalestine View Post
    Who would replace him?
    The answer to that question changes every Test

  3. #163
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,772
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    The answer to that question changes every Test
    This mediocre player should be removed from both odi and test captaincy. Babar our best player should lead.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    27,483
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of the most ugliest innings I have ever seen. His knock reminded me of Farhats 80 odd? Against SA..

  5. #165
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    27,483
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    The answer to that question changes every Test
    Well Pak cricket is in shambles anyways at the moment so I doubt PCB can afford such liabilities. Changes of faces does give hopes to fans otherwise interest will just fade away.

  6. #166
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,060
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Well Pak cricket is in shambles anyways at the moment so I doubt PCB can afford such liabilities. Changes of faces does give hopes to fans otherwise interest will just fade away.
    So you want the captaincy to change hands every Test? Or would you like either of Kamran or Umar Akmal to be made captain?

  7. #167
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    27,483
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    So you want the captaincy to change hands every Test? Or would you like either of Kamran or Umar Akmal to be made captain?
    I want a captain who looks like a leader and merits his place in the team not a captain who can't even make team on merit, shouts like an angry kid and has zero inspiration to offer.

  8. #168
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    27,483
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    I want a captain who looks like a leader and merits his place in the team not a captain who can't even make team on merit, shouts like an angry kid and has zero inspiration to offer.
    Also forgot to add how he publicaly humiliates his own players.

  9. #169
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    97,231
    Mentioned
    1755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Well he lead from the front today.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  10. #170
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,060
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    I want a captain who looks like a leader and merits his place in the team not a captain who can't even make team on merit, shouts like an angry kid and has zero inspiration to offer.
    I do too. But that description certainly doesn't fit either Umar Akmal or Kamran Akmal or any other player in this team

  11. #171
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    3,483
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We don't have a keeper who has averaged 38 in our test history of past 30+ years. He is playing at no 7, I don't know what people expect from him

  12. #172
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,297
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two fifties in five innings against the world's best bowling attack. Haters still finding reasons to hate.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    97,231
    Mentioned
    1755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Two fifties in five innings against the world's best bowling attack. Haters still finding reasons to hate.
    Problem is his team isnt doing well.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  14. #174
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    36,000
    Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Problem is his team isnt doing well.
    What can captain do if senior batsmen Azhar and Asad are getting out for ducks?



    Azhar has looked like a tailender all series. Heck Amir, Hasan and Abbas have looked better batsmen than him.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  15. #175
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,297
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Problem is his team isnt doing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    What can captain do if senior batsmen Azhar and Asad are getting out for ducks?



    Azhar has looked like a tailender all series. Heck Amir, Hasan and Abbas have looked better batsmen than him.
    Exactly.

    There is only so many times you can expect your number seven to rescue the team from 50-5. At the very least, top order should be able to score 100-150 on a regular basis. That at least sets the stage for Sarfaraz to counter-attack (which he does so well).

    There is a reason Sarfaraz is the best rotator of strike/has the lowest dot ball % in test cricket, but he can only do that on a regular basis if Pakistan sort out the top order and fast.

  16. #176
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    97,231
    Mentioned
    1755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    and now takes an excellent catch.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  17. #177
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    83
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Review.... Not a great review.... Sarfaraz needs to improve as a leader but should be captain till wc ends.... Then may or may not be persisted with

  18. #178
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    151
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no issue with Sarfraz if he continues as captain. My problem with him is his backing of senior losers Shafiq and Azhar, and being the b team of selector Inzamam. These 3 personnel are part of the problem of our team. The whole batting side is a joke incl. Babar Azam.

  19. #179
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Why is even Shadab Khan included in the team if bowls only 6 overs in 69 total overs?

    It's the third day, pitch is helping spinners, and this guy, our captain decides to not let Shadab bowl and let South Africa away.

    What is even happening? Sarfraz can't set field right and now he can't rotate bowlers well

    He uses part timers, and others, and when others are leaking runs, why not ask Shadab to bowl few overs?

  20. #180
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    76,249
    Mentioned
    4999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    His ikka dukka fans are too busy celebrating his streaky half-century, so I donít think you will be able to extract an answer from them.

  21. #181
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we need change of captain more than ever. Sarfraz can be in team for wicket keeping, but captainship is whole another thing as he can't think straight. This is not the first time as he suffers from brain fog.

    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  13.3 KB

  22. #182
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope we lose bad enough, as this is the only way Sarfraz's captaincy will be in question. Otherwise, he may get away with this

  23. #183
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,318
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Faheem has at least shown something with ball to be persisted with in tests . Shadab has no business playing as a specialist spinner in tests . Obviously if he is selected I will give him time but would rather see a specialist offie like Gohar play oversees than Yasir or Shadab.

  24. #184
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,318
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Abdullah719 , people questioning genius tactican ? So surely there is a problem with the tactics ?

  25. #185
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Faheem has at least shown something with ball to be persisted with in tests . Shadab has no business playing as a specialist spinner in tests . Obviously if he is selected I will give him time but would rather see a specialist offie like Gohar play oversees than Yasir or Shadab.
    But those guys aren't playing right now. And shadab is. So, not allowing him to bowl is just poor cricket
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th January 2019 at 16:48.

  26. #186
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,588
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my goodness me what a poor thread,
    People expecting him to bowl 25 overs out of 90 on these conditions lol
    Everything else that is happening is down to sarfaraz


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  27. #187
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And when he is on bowl, finally, he doesn't have many close fielders as catching? Why is no one seeing that sarfraz is the reason for our downfall.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    Oh my goodness me what a poor thread,
    People expecting him to bowl 25 overs out of 90 on these conditions lol
    Everything else that is happening is down to sarfaraz
    I am reporting you as a troll.

    6 overs in 70? At least equal distribution of overs would have been nice.

  29. #189
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,588
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xricket View Post
    I am reporting you as a troll.

    6 overs in 70? At least equal distribution of overs would have been nice.
    Bhaijan the other team is NOT playing a spinner. Why equal distribution?


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  30. #190
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    Bhaijan the other team is NOT playing a spinner. Why equal distribution?
    Other team is also playing Amla, if we go by your logic. I am talking about equal work load for bowlers

  31. #191
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go! Finally, a break through by Shadab.

  32. #192
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,318
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xricket View Post
    But those guys aren't playing right now. And shadab is. So, not allowing him to bowl is just poor cricket
    The only thing I can think of is that Shadab does give boundary balls and Sarfraz doesn't want score to increase anymore.

  33. #193
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,318
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    His ikka dukka fans are too busy celebrating his streaky half-century, so I don’t think you will be able to extract an answer from them.

    Look at them above calling for xyz to be dropped

    Still no calls for specialist captain to be dropped.

  34. #194
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that Shadab does give boundary balls and Sarfraz doesn't want score to increase anymore.
    Makes sense, but Shadab is a wicket taking option.

    But that does explain why he doesn't attack more often than not and put fielders in defensive positions.

  35. #195
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,318
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xricket View Post
    Makes sense, but Shadab is a wicket taking option.

    But that does explain why he doesn't attack more often than not and put fielders in defensive positions.
    He is a rubbish captain. I called it months ago but I was told i hate Karachi players and I hate Sarfraz.

    Same posters not saying much to me now.

  36. #196
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catch dropped by Captain Fantastic. When will we ever make this team accountable? They aren't playing for charity

  37. #197
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,588
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xricket View Post
    Other team is also playing Amla, if we go by your logic. I am talking about equal work load for bowlers
    I can't believe u need to be told this. Most of the 70 overs should be bowled by quicks. Not equal distribution by any means.
    I'm not here to defend the captain btw


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  38. #198
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    I can't believe u need to be told this. Most of the 70 overs should be bowled by quicks. Not equal distribution by any means.
    I'm not here to defend the captain btw
    I disagree. Sarfraz was wrong in this. About 90% of the overs were bowled by quicks, and clearly it didn't work.

  39. #199
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,588
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xricket View Post
    I disagree. Sarfraz was wrong in this. About 90% of the overs were bowled by quicks, and clearly it didn't work.
    Similar was the case when Yasir bowled . He had a slightly higher percentage coz we only had 4 bowlers then


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  40. #200
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,318
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    What can captain do if senior batsmen Azhar and Asad are getting out for ducks?



    Azhar has looked like a tailender all series. Heck Amir, Hasan and Abbas have looked better batsmen than him.
    Look at your precious captain average for the last 2 year's and tell me he deserves his place in the team? Also you told me he was a great tactican. Why can't he dismiss the SA tail with his tactics?

    Just admit you was wrong . I had no agenda against your Karachi players. I just want us to be the best in the world. Sarfraz isn't the man who will take us there.

  41. #201
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happened to aggressive shot pitch bowling with short leg and square leg as catching? And then backing it up with yorker or a general full length swing bowling? Why is there no one wanting to win? I think our team is broke. It's the captain's job to think what team needs and then provide that on field. He needs to set the plan and then enable bowlers to pick wickets

  42. #202
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    Similar was the case when Yasir bowled . He had a slightly higher percentage coz we only had 4 bowlers then
    But what happened to: our quicks need to bowl more overs lol. Let's agree to disgree and call it a day.

  43. #203
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    1,075
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Two fifties in five innings against the world's best bowling attack. Haters still finding reasons to hate.
    This is exactly why people are hating on him. He's the captain of the Pakistan national cricket team and we're happy with a couple of 50s.

    What a sad sad demise .

  44. #204
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanAndGreen View Post
    This is exactly why people are hating on him. He's the captain of the Pakistan national cricket team and we're happy with a couple of 50s.

    What a sad sad demise .
    Dont forget the drop catches in recent years at crucial moments

  45. #205
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,588
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xricket View Post
    But what happened to: our quicks need to bowl more overs lol. Let's agree to disgree and call it a day.
    Our quicks do need to bowl more and they did. That's y shadab hasn't bowled as much ( and SA didn't play a spinner). I'm not sure where u are going with hsi


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  46. #206
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost no short leg, or sill mid off when de kock is on batting. Clearly, he doesn't get it.

  47. #207
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    Our quicks do need to bowl more and they did. That's y shadab hasn't bowled as much ( and SA didn't play a spinner). I'm not sure where u are going with hsi
    BUT. IT. DIDN't. WORK.

  48. #208
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,318
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanAndGreen View Post
    This is exactly why people are hating on him. He's the captain of the Pakistan national cricket team and we're happy with a couple of 50s.

    What a sad sad demise .

    Poor guy has backed him so much if he does go against him it won't look good.

  49. #209
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,297
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanAndGreen View Post
    This is exactly why people are hating on him. He's the captain of the Pakistan national cricket team and we're happy with a couple of 50s.

    What a sad sad demise .
    Kindly read my posts in context.

    Given some people on here keep calling him a specialist captain, I was simply pointing out he has scored two fifties in five innings against the world's best bowling attack. That's a hell of a lot better than most of the top order. Which part of that is wrong?

    As for your point about 100s, you are stating the obvious whilst also missing the actual point. Sarfaraz himself said he should have scored another 50-70 runs yesterday, so no one is disagreeing with that. But more to the point, you don't expect/rely on your number seven scoring regular centuries. After all, this is QdK's first test century in two years! In other words, comparing a top order batsman and a wicketkeeper who bats at seven is foolish.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 14th January 2019 at 02:49.

  50. #210
    Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    1,850
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Even though I think Sarfraz should not be the test captain anymore, I still think it’s not entirely his fault.

    Because there’s only so much the captain can do when the batting is so atrocious. It doesn’t really matter who the captain is if you’re gonna bat this bad.

    Sarfraz is part of the batting issue but even if Imran Khan was the captain right now he wouldn’t really be able to do much with this batting line up.

  51. #211
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,588
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xricket View Post
    BUT. IT. DIDN't. WORK.
    I would put the batters at fault more.
    Great effort innings one to keep them to 260. We should have gone beyond them and its a totally different out look for our quicks.
    It got harder mentally when the lead went beyond 200

    Shadab should bowl more to the tail as he is better at that than yasir


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  52. #212
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,588
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also @xcicket I think as a general rule here on PP, I genuinely think we judge our bowlers against what our batters are capable of , which is grossly unfair.
    Good bowling units do conceded 300 and 400 at times, but when our team does it we castigate them, because we know it gives our batter no chance.
    This actually creeps into sarfaraz captaincy too as he is well aware of our batting unit, hence his poor comments blaming bowlers after the last game


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  53. #213
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,318
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Kindly read my posts in context.

    Given some fools on here keep calling him a specialist captain, I was simply pointing out he has scored two fifties in five innings against the world's best bowling attack. That's a hell of a lot better than most of the top order. Which part of that is wrong?

    As for your point about 100s, you are stating the obvious whilst also missing the actual point. Sarfaraz himself said he should have scored another 50-70 runs yesterday, so no one is disagreeing with that. But more to the point, you don't expect/rely on your number seven scoring regular centuries. After all, this is QdK's first test century in two years! In other words, comparing a top order batsman and a wicketkeeper who bats at seven is foolish.
    I am not relying on a keeper to score a 100 but when he was on 50 yesterday , he has to go on and get a century with the position we were in.

    You are calling for Azhar and Asad to be dropped. Sarfraz doesn't average that much higher than them recentley , his captaincy is rubbish so what basis are you keeping him in the team ?

    Changing the captain may not change our fortunes but that is no reason to keep him on.

  54. #214
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,297
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I am not relying on a keeper to score a 100 but when he was on 50 yesterday , he has to go on and get a century with the position we were in.
    So you aren't relying on your keeper to score a 100, but you are relying on your keeper to score a 100.

    Also once again you change your argument without accepting it.

    No point discussing with you.

  55. #215
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,318
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    So you aren't relying on your keeper to score a 100, but you are relying on your keeper to score a 100.

    Also once again you change your argument without accepting it.

    No point discussing with you.
    You don't understand my point all you want to do is mock me

    Nearly every team is selecting keepers for their batting as well at their keeping. Sarfraz should not be scoring centuries every game as it isn't possible. But if a batsmen is set at 50, is it wrong for me to ask for him to go on to score a 100. And did you see how he got out? An awful shot.

  56. #216
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,297
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    But if a batsmen is set at 50, is it wrong for me to ask for him to go on to score a 100. And did you see how he got out? An awful shot.
    Again, read my post. I addressed this directly, as did Sarfaraz. That isn't what this discussion is about. All you are doing is stating the obvious.

    Bottom line is your only interest is in criticising Sarfaraz. So no matter what, you will keep shifting the goalposts:

    First you complained he wasn't scoring runs (rightly so). Now he is scoring runs, you find another reason to criticise.

    If Sarfaraz scored a century, you would complain it wasn't a double.

    He broke the record of most catches by a pakistani wicket-keeper in a test match (this match) but you will ignore it/still find reason to complain.

    Heck, if he saved a baby's life, you would probably say why didn't he save the lives of two?

    And so it goes on.

    There's plenty of reason to criticise him, and I do, but the vitriolic hatred and abuse which the likes of you harbour towards him is uncalled for and says a lot about you as a person.

  57. #217
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,318
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Again, read my post. I addressed this directly, as did Sarfaraz. That isn't what this discussion is about. All you are doing is stating the obvious.

    Bottom line is your only interest is in criticising Sarfaraz. So no matter what, you will keep shifting the goalposts:

    First you complained he wasn't scoring runs (rightly so). Now he is scoring runs, you find another reason to criticise.

    If Sarfaraz scored a century, you would complain it wasn't a double.

    He broke the record of most catches by a pakistani wicket-keeper in a test match (this match) but you will ignore it/still find reason to complain.

    Heck, if he saved a baby's life, you would probably say why didn't he save the lives of two?

    And so it goes on.

    There's plenty of reason to criticise him, and I do, but the vitriolic hatred and abuse which the likes of you harbour towards him is uncalled for and says a lot about you as a person.

    He scored a 50 but we needed him to go. That's my problem. When he scored the century against Australia I praised it because he played to the situation.

    What the hell are you on about ? I am not even talking about his keeping.

    I just want batsmen who are set to go on and get the big score.

    Yes I want Sarfraz out because he doesn't make the team on merit and is a rubbish captain. We have more than enough proof that he is a rubbish captain.

  58. #218
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    29,089
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Why didn't Sarfaraz Ahmed stand up to the stumps for Mohammad Abbas?

    The proteas have the keeper up for Phillander from his second spell onwards knowing his low pace and the fact the pitch is slow. The South Africans negated Abbas by standing outside the crease but Sarfaraz did not once consider standing up to the stumps to him?

  59. #219
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    4,234
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he is limited captain how goes according to script and don,t think out of box

  60. #220
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    3,598
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doesn't have the skill level to do it well

  61. #221
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    29,089
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    he is limited captain how goes according to script and don,t think out of box
    Which is why he shouldn't be captain anymore. Have seen enough of Sarfaraz to make the conclusion that he is just not going to improve

  62. #222
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    10,057
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he is uncomfortable to the idea of standing up to the stumps to pacers.

    But it would certainly have helped Abbas as the opposition counters his seam movement by batting outside the crease.

    NZ worked Abbas out and now even SA knows how to keep him at bay. Sarfraz needs to support Abbas.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  63. #223
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    4,234
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Which is why he shouldn't be captain anymore. Have seen enough of Sarfaraz to make the conclusion that he is just not going to improve
    his captaincy only suite t20s where he can choke team with spin but in odis and test he seems lost and some time clueless

  64. #224
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    3,535
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    abbas was bowling quicker today

  65. #225
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    253
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Exactly , I was thinking this from the start of match . He has been negated by the sa batsmen by standing out of crease.While QDK Ďs standing up to the stumps helped philander by getting Imam out in first innings . It also put even extra pressure on Imam in second innings. Sirfraz Ďs captaincy has been below par in this series.

  66. #226
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    27,483
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Because he is the best Pakistani wk right?

  67. #227
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,297
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abbas wouldn't have got Elgar or Markram's wickets if Sarfaraz had been standing up.

  68. #228
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    29,089
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Abbas wouldn't have got Elgar or Markram's wickets if Sarfaraz had been standing up.
    Would have created pressure on the batsmen and kept them in their crease

  69. #229
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,318
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not a big deal.

  70. #230
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    13,681
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC, in the England series he stood up to Abbas at points

  71. #231
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    1,087
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He used to stand up in UAE ?

    Don't know what happened in SA, may be it's the uneven bounce

  72. #232
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,584
    Mentioned
    1787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I think, his confidence is shattered after constant poor performance by team & individually as well, otherwise he stood on stump earlier. SAF batsmen summed up Abbas and stood up to make sure that he doesnít hit his right length (or they get it on half volley), which completely neutralised Abbas.

    May not be in first spell, but later on Sarfraz should have stood up and that would have brought LBW in equation. Abbas wasnít effective without his late inswing, and even had he stuck pad, I doubt umpires wonít have given it for the distance to cover. When WK stands up, obviously 1st slip will stand finer to cover the angle and thatís exactly what SAF did with Phillander, forcing Imam to go back.

    Itís more with confidence & Captaining a struggling side as WK is the toughest job - he kept well to create a record, but captaincy & standing up would have been too much to ask for.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •