Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,885
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

    Talent Spotter : Harris Rauf

    A comprehensive profile of Lahore Qalandars' latest find, Rawalpindi's Harris Rauf, who has taken everyone by storm by clocking the fastest ball recorded in the talent hunt program.


    Name:  harris.jpg
Views: 4149
Size:  170.3 KB


    Full Name: Harris Rauf

    Born: 1995, Rawalpindi

    Height: 5ft 10in

    Major teams: Lahore Qalandars Academy

    Bowling style: Right-arm fast


    Getting into cricket

    As every other youngster in the country, I started playing cricket when I was a young boy. I used to play street cricket initially, before captaining my school team. I have played cricket outside Rawalpindi as well, but never actually played any club cricket. I used to run on the streets, shadow practicing and rolling my bowling arm over. Even when I was studying, I used to shadow practice a lot. No one in my family has ever played cricket so there was no example for me to follow as such. The passion for the game came from within me.


    Opposition from family

    My family was always against the idea of me playing cricket. A lot of trophies that I won playing cricket were thrown away at home. As would be the case in a typical Pakistani parent, the emphasis was on studies and it was expected that I would study engineering or medicine. Playing cricket was a waste of time as far as my family was concerned. I used to sneak out from my house to play cricket, and when I returned back, I would be scolded for playing cricket. But, I had other ideas. I always wanted to pursue my passion and here I am today. Yes, I was a little disheartened by the opposition from my family but as I always say, your passion always drives you and you must fight for it.


    Early days as a cricketer

    As mentioned before, I did not play any club cricket at all. I played cricket for my college and university, though. For my college, I won the 'Sportsman of the Year' award. I studied at International Islamic University in Islamabad. My coach at university was Naseer Sahib. I cannot thank him enough for all his efforts. He was the first person to identify the talent I possessed and he always believed in my expertise. If I have reached this far, it is all because of the trust he had put in me.


    Aspirations to become an all-rounder

    I am quite confident about my batting as well and feel that I can be an all-rounder but at the moment, my focus is on fast-bowling which is my strong point.


    Lahore Qalandars trials

    Last year, I did not sign up for the first edition of Jazz Rising Stars as I wasn't playing hard-ball cricket regularly then. My coach motivated me and he was the one who believed I could be selected for the second edition should I work hard. This year, I registered for the trials in Gujranwala and got selected. I clocked at 92.3mph, which was the fastest recorded delivery in the talent hunt program.


    Lahore Qalandars Academy

    I have been sent to the Lahore Qalandars Academy, where I have been assigned a personal trainer. I am working hard with him in the gym these days to improve my ground fitness. I am getting special tips from him and have been told that I can improve my speed to a further 5kph-7kph should I work hard on certain areas, including my run-up. I am really excited and am looking forward to working with the Qalandars' staff.


    Looking forward to working with Shoaib Akhtar

    Never in my life did I think I would be sitting with Shoaib Akhtar one day, let alone being compared to him in terms of my bowling speed. He is not only a legend and a stalwart in Pakistan cricket, but also considered legendary in world cricket. I am extremely privileged and honoured by the prospect of him working with me and improving my bowling speed.


    Role Model

    As a fast-bowler myself, I was naturally interested in emulating other fast-bowlers and as I come from Rawalpindi, I have always idolized my hero Shoaib Akhtar since my school days. His services for Pakistan cricket are second to none. I have heard the stories of his playing days, when he used to take pain-killer injections every time he ran on to bowl. He has had his troubles, but those obstacles never stopped him from representing his nation. Other than him, I have always liked Dale Steyn. I used to watch his bowling videos and tried to imitate him on the field. Apart from his immaculate line and length, Dale Steyn is a master of swing bowling, and he does it at a brisk pace, which is not easy at all.


    Future Aspirations

    As every budding cricketer in the country, my aim is to play for Pakistan one day. It's a gradual process, it will take time, but I hope I get to achieve my dreams. For now, I feel really lucky to be working with the likes of Aqib Javed and Shoaib Akhtar. I am extremely thankful to Lahore Qalandars for staging a merit-based talent hunt program. I may be playing the PSL next year, but I am not sure as of now. I'll continue working with the coaches in the Lahore Qalandars Academy and hope to improve myself further.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th October 2017 at 19:47.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good to see he'll be working with Shoaib. Haris definitely has the potential to become genuinely fast but plenty of work to be done. Shoaib's gonna like the pacers on show. There's a truckload of them.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,442
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seems a good talent. Working with Shoaib will help. Need some pacers to come through.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    8,296
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Good to see he'll be working with Shoaib. Haris definitely has the potential to become genuinely fast but plenty of work to be done. Shoaib's gonna like the pacers on show. There's a truckload of them.
    So few actually go on.

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    So few actually go on.
    I'm just happy they're being given a platform to perform and given professional training even if it be for a few months. This has never happened before.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,434
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Videos of his bowling.





    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,616
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fazl-e-Akbar type action... no?


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    8,296
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    I'm just happy they're being given a platform to perform and given professional training even if it be for a few months. This has never happened before.
    That i cant disagree with but if you look at toothless national attack on flat tracks, PK needs at least one real pacer. I hope one of these guys comes through.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    465
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    That i cant disagree with but if you look at toothless national attack on flat tracks, PK needs at least one real pacer. I hope one of these guys comes through.
    Unless someone can bowl 100mph yorkers the struggle will continue on UAE tracks for fast bowlers there's nothing in it for pacers generally on pitches such as the one in the current match.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    8,296
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cric1234 View Post
    Unless someone can bowl 100mph yorkers the struggle will continue on UAE tracks for fast bowlers there's nothing in it for pacers generally on pitches such as the one in the current match.
    But these guys struggled in Aus and NZ. The attack relies entirely on Yasir and when he fails like in Aus, the attack is useless.

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    That i cant disagree with but if you look at toothless national attack on flat tracks, PK needs at least one real pacer. I hope one of these guys comes through.
    I don't think pacers can do much more than contain and pick up 2-3 wickets in UAE. The tracks are so dead and the outfield so heavy which takes reverse out of the equation. You can't do anything but hope the batsman runs out of patience. The faster you bowl the easier it is to hit because there is no bounce whatsoever.

    Changing to Dukes might provide a bit more help but nothing game changing. The sooner we move back to Pakistan the better. At least there will be new ball swing for 10 overs and the tracks/grounds are so abrasive that reverse will definitely come into play every innings. Also a bit more pace so bending your back is actually worth it.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    8,296
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    I don't think pacers can do much more than contain and pick up 2-3 wickets in UAE. The tracks are so dead and the outfield so heavy which takes reverse out of the equation. You can't do anything but hope the batsman runs out of patience. The faster you bowl the easier it is to hit because there is no bounce whatsoever.

    Changing to Dukes might provide a bit more help but nothing game changing. The sooner we move back to Pakistan the better. At least there will be new ball swing for 10 overs and the tracks/grounds are so abrasive that reverse will definitely come into play every innings. Also a bit more pace so bending your back is actually worth it.
    I disagree, real pace will trouble the best of batsman and certainly the less able numpties. However, they would go for more because of the extra pace. For me its a no brainer, pick fast bowlers(if you have them) to bowl quick. Whats the worst that can happen?

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I disagree, real pace will trouble the best of batsman and certainly the less able numpties. However, they would go for more because of the extra pace. For me its a no brainer, pick fast bowlers(if you have them) to bowl quick. Whats the worst that can happen?
    Not the easiest job to motivate yourself day-in day-out to bowl genuinely fast on these tracks. Yes, genuine pacers would trouble on any pitch but without reverse and lack of bounce, I just don't see why any pacer would bother to exert that much energy even if they have that capability. Add the 40 degrees heat and humidity, it's a fruitless job. Not saying I'm against it or anything, I'd love to see genuine pacers.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,725
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Fazl-e-Akbar type action... no?
    only run up.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    67,280
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    I hope the guy is 90mph because they said Yasir Jan was 80mph etc but he is nowhere near that.



  16. #16
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    8,646
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Fazl-e-Akbar type action... no?
    Reminds me a bit of Yasir Arafat. Hopefully he progresses well.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    535
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I hope the guy is 90mph because they said Yasir Jan was 80mph etc but he is nowhere near that.
    O Wow! That's worrying that they sent a boy all the way to England who was no way near what they claimed.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,457
    Mentioned
    1044 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hope He, Salman & Zahid are developed well.

    Haris & Zahid have easy actions.


    I wish & pray that Shane Bond is hired as Coach by any of the PAL Franchise. Zahid & Haris need to work under him.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,734
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Hope He, Salman & Zahid are developed well.

    Haris & Zahid have easy actions.


    I wish & pray that Shane Bond is hired as Coach by any of the PAL Franchise. Zahid & Haris need to work under him.
    But shane bond himself was troubled by injuries
    Last edited by hadi123; 20th October 2017 at 11:20.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    67,280
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Hope He, Salman & Zahid are developed well.

    Haris & Zahid have easy actions.


    I wish & pray that Shane Bond is hired as Coach by any of the PAL Franchise. Zahid & Haris need to work under him.
    Shane Bond has recently become England's bowling coach, I doubt he would be interested in a PSL contract at the moment.



  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,693
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Shane Bond has recently become England's bowling coach, I doubt he would be interested in a PSL contract at the moment.
    Isn't that only for the Ashes?

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    67,280
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Isn't that only for the Ashes?
    From what I hear ECB are keen to extend it.



  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    9,106
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  rauf ts.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  130.0 KB

    Haris Rauf signs a contract with Western Suburbs Cricket Club.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    1,593
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usman Qadir and Salman Irshad will be trained by Kevin chevell the leading cricket trainer in Australia and has produced cricketers like Glenn McGrath, Mark Taylor.

    They will train 4 days a week at 6 am.

    Harris will be trained by former Australian fast bowler and opening bowling partner of Imran khan at New South Wales Mr David Gilbert.
    Last edited by hadi123; 9th November 2017 at 09:41.


    SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

  25. #25
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Usman Qadir and Salman Irshad will be trained by Kevin chevell the leading cricket trainer in Australia and has produced cricketers like Glenn McGrath, Mark Taylor.

    They will train 4 days a week at 6 am.

    Harris will be trained by former Australian fast bowler and opening bowling partner of Imran khan at New South Wales Mr David Gilbert.
    He won't receive better coaching anywhere. Hopefully absorbs everything like a sponge.
    Last edited by hadi123; 9th November 2017 at 09:41.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    8,296
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    He won't receive better coaching anywhere. Hopefully absorbs everything like a sponge.
    Have you seen him bowl live? Is he the real deal that could play test cricket or is he the latest PP sensation who will disappear without trace?

  27. #27
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Have you seen him bowl live? Is he the real deal that could play test cricket or is he the latest PP sensation who will disappear without trace?
    He's lively but test class is a long way. He only started playing hard ball cricket a month ago and he needs plenty of work on his action.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    507
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as much taller but at the age of 22 without having proper diet and exercise bowling that quick means a lot. After some care he can be a speed star.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,885
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Haris Rauf training at SCG with the full NSW squad which Includes Mitch Starc, Steve smith, hazelwood, Lyon, Warner, Cowan.

    Name:  h1.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  39.4 KBName:  h2.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  48.2 KBName:  h3.JPG
Views: 536
Size:  31.8 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,600
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow .Lahore qalandars have done so much for these young cricketers .
    Upto the youngsters now .Hopefully will bear fruits soon .

  31. #31
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    1,593
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is smaller in height than all three Aussie pacers.


    SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,442
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good experience for him.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    772
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    He is smaller in height than all three Aussie pacers.
    He's looking a midget standing btw the Aussie quicks.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    3,121
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's probably still around 5'11 The Aussie fast bowlers are just massive

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    He's probably still around 5'11 The Aussie fast bowlers are just massive
    6'3-4, 6'6 and 6'5.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,885
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Name:  rauf_2.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  134.2 KB

    Haris Rauf took 6 wickets against Northern Districts (6/55)
    Last edited by MenInG; 18th November 2017 at 06:47.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •