Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you pray?

Results 1 to 80 of 85
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,442
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Do you pray?

    Wondering if my fellow ppers pray 5 times a day or not?

  2. #2
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    73,842
    Mentioned
    4599 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I never miss Isha prayer. I perform it very late in the night, generally my last activity of the day. It gives me great peace and tranquility, more so than any other prayer.

    Generally I perform 2-3 prayers a day, and all five on a good day once in a while.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    23,764
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I don't pray but I do some exercises intended to connect me to the Universe.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    444
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could but I feel frozen to do that

  5. #5
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,932
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, as I am concerned about butterfly effect.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    10,504
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I never miss Isha prayer. I perform it very late in the night, generally my last activity of the day. It gives me great peace and tranquility, more so than any other prayer.

    Generally I perform 2-3 prayers a day, and all five on a good day once in a while.
    Have become the opposite. Can generally nail down Fajr, Asr and Maghrib but have been missing Isha a lot recently.

    But when I'm back home I usually pray more regularly because everybody in my family prays.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    2,711
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,466
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fajr is tricky. In past couple months I've been really good at it. But past week I've mostly prayed qaza. Have been too tired to get up. I'll look to resurrect that as quick as possible.

    Almost always pray Dhuhr.

    Asr and Maghrib I'll try to pray, but it's really hard if I have work or school.

    Barely ever miss Ish'a.

    So I'll usually pray 3-5 depending on my schedule for the day.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,669
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In the Morning, I pray to Sun God to give me energy for the day.. and in evening I pray to Hanuman ji to give me focus and perseverance. That's all I ask for.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,248
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i am going through the toughest time of my life since 3 -4 years, earlier i was struggling for 2 years for career and now suffering from heartbreak.
    For peace and strength i listen to waheguru ji jaap . lets see how it goes. waheguru ji has blessed me with all the things in life , still i only whine and complaint.
    i see no purpose in life , no logic so may be prayer will give me direction......
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 8th October 2017 at 09:14.

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    3,603
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 times a day usually. Miss Fajr and Isha most days. Both are times I am very lazy.


    "Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,261
    Mentioned
    4474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Every friday
    Last edited by shaz619; 8th October 2017 at 08:23.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,261
    Mentioned
    4474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I don't pray but I do some exercises intended to connect me to the Universe.
    What do the exercises involve and what is it in the Universe which you are connecting to / why

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    493
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alhamdulillah me apne namaze parta hi. Koshish kartahu ros parneka.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,702
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htariq25 View Post
    Alhamdulillah me apne namaze parta hi. Koshish kartahu ros parneka.
    Very bad Urdu.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,779
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hafeezrocks View Post
    Very bad Urdu.
    He is trying


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,442
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hafeezrocks View Post
    Very bad Urdu.
    Very good English bhai

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    18,235
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Try to pray 5 times but usually miss fajr unfortunately.


    "Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

  19. #19
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    493
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hafeezrocks View Post
    Very bad Urdu.
    Sorry, I'm a british Pakistani
    me itna acha Urdu nahi bolta lekin me kena cha raha tha ke me namaaz par ta hu Alhamdulilah. So yh hows ur salah bro.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    574
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yess i pray 5 times when i am free but when i have to work then i pray only Fajr and the rest qaza namaaz.

  21. #21
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    1,355
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Try to pray 5 times but usually miss fajr unfortunately.
    Same here

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    6,078
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not proud of it but I don't pray. Only Jumma's and that too sometimes. Will start soon hopefully.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,762
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I pray all five , but I have to combine often these days.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    2,381
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we (Mum and I ) pray the 5 obligatory prayers. Also, we listen to the Qur'an everyday, or as often as possible.

    There is nothing and no-one dearer to me than God - He is the Love of my life, Love of my (paltry) existence, my one true abiding Love, I love Him more than my parents, more than all the Prophets (pbut) combined, and more than coffee (!) - and so, performing salaat and making du'a is a way of communicating directly with Him, an expression of love for Him.
    Last edited by Jadz; 8th October 2017 at 15:14.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    10,504
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    I pray all five , but I have to combine often these days.
    Do you know the ruling of combining? Most of the time I leave home after Fajr and most definitely miss Zuhur but am back for Asr, so if I can combine them that would be nice.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,778
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What do the exercises involve and what is it in the Universe which you are connecting to / why
    @Robert

    Mental or physical exercises?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,261
    Mentioned
    4474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    @Robert

    Mental or physical exercises?


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,778
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    We might have a new 'religion' forming... Prophet Robert.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,114
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Praying 5 times per day takes incredible commitment. I don't know how anybody manages it unless they are unemployed to be honest.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    7,959
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Praying 5 times per day takes incredible commitment. I don't know how anybody manages it unless they are unemployed to be honest.
    lol....awaiting by religious folks on this forum...."how dare you called us unemployed"

    I also feel the same way about fasting all month. Unless one's job consists of sitting on a chair in an air conditioned room for 8 hours, maybe....


    “I am not young enough to know everything.”

    ― Oscar Wilde

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,114
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    lol....awaiting by religious folks on this forum...."how dare you called us unemployed"

    I also feel the same way about fasting all month. Unless one's job consists of sitting on a chair in an air conditioned room for 8 hours, maybe....
    Fair play to anyone who has a job and / or kids and manages it. I barely have the spare time and excess energy to wipe down the kitchen worktop with a cloth these days lol.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,669
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Fair play to anyone who has a job and / or kids and manages it. I barely have the spare time and excess energy to wipe down the kitchen worktop with a cloth these days lol.
    If you find time for your job and your employer, why can't you do it for The One who is Giver of Givers, The Chief Employer of Employers?

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    24,900
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Praying 5 times per day takes incredible commitment. I don't know how anybody manages it unless they are unemployed to be honest.
    All 5 prayers take around 30 minutes combined to perform so its actually not that tough to be honest. The challenge is when you are at work but when people have pause for private phone calls, smoking, chatting at coffe bar etc you can easily use those 5 minutes for one of the prayers.

    Here in Norway we have a right to have 5 minutes break every hour in addition to lunch break so it all depends in how the individual go by this.

    But I have to say that not everyone has office work etc so people have different challenges but people who try, Gods finds a way for them.
    Last edited by IAJ; 9th October 2017 at 08:11.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  34. #34
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,535
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I pray All 5 times but i can understand when someone says that they find it hard because of work.

    I guess if you cant pray on time due to problems associated with work, you can always offer Qaza namaz later on when you reach home. God will understand but we tend to make religion very rigid which it is not always.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    23,764
    Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What do the exercises involve and what is it in the Universe which you are connecting to / why
    @KingKhanWC too.

    Well.... imagine, as Tesla did... a Universe made of energy. It's true that our bodies are physical objects driven by chemical processes, but it is equally true that we are coherent quantum energy forms.

    Sometimes we run into other people who are angry with us and kick out negative energy, or who drain us of our own energy. It can come to the point where we don't know who we are any more because bits of our energy has got lost or contaminated by bits of other peoples' energies.

    So what I do it imagine all the otherly energy getting yanked off me by a big magnet. It feels like sticky black tar coming off.

    Then I imagine that there is Universal golden energy somewhere above my head, and with each breath I draw some of it down into me until I am filled with it.

    Then I imagine a different kind of planetary energy under me feet, and as I breath in draw it up into myself.

    I always feel recharged and chilled out after that.

    Or I could find a big tree and kind of breathe out my energy into it and breathe in the energy from the tree.

    But it takes a bit of practice because if I do it wrong, the results can be terrifying.

    Maybe the Universal golden energy is God. Or part of God. I don't know. But it makes me feel calm and strong in myself.
    Last edited by Robert; 9th October 2017 at 15:28.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,261
    Mentioned
    4474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    @KingKhanWC too.

    Well.... imagine, as Tesla did... a Universe made of energy. It's true that our bodies are physical objects driven by chemical processes, but it is equally true that we are coherent quantum energy forms.

    Sometimes we run into other people who are angry with us and kick out negative energy, or who drain us of our own energy. It can come to the point where we don't know who we are any more because bits of our energy has got lost or contaminated by bits of other peoples' energies.

    So what I do it imagine all the otherly energy getting yanked off me by a big magnet. It feels like sticky black tar coming off.

    Then I imagine that there is Universal golden energy somewhere above my head, and with each breath I draw some of it down into me until I am filled with it.

    Then I imagine a different kind of planetary energy under me feet, and as I breath in draw it up into myself.

    I always feel recharged and chilled out after that.

    Or I could find a big tree and kind of breathe out my energy into it and breathe in the energy from the tree.

    But it takes a bit of practice because if I do it wrong, the results can be terrifying.

    Maybe the Universal golden energy is God. Or part of God. I don't know. But it makes me feel calm and strong in myself.
    Fair enough, whatever's working for you


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  37. #37
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,762
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Do you know the ruling of combining? Most of the time I leave home after Fajr and most definitely miss Zuhur but am back for Asr, so if I can combine them that would be nice.
    Combining zuhr and asr , as well as Maghrib and Isha is allowed.

    It is proved from authentic hadeeth.

    The problem is being rigid and extreme . Shias always combine , where as sunnis never.

    Prophet did this to make it easy for the ummah, and we like all other matters , because of differences of sects are making it hard.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,778
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    @KingKhanWC too.

    Well.... imagine, as Tesla did... a Universe made of energy. It's true that our bodies are physical objects driven by chemical processes, but it is equally true that we are coherent quantum energy forms.

    Sometimes we run into other people who are angry with us and kick out negative energy, or who drain us of our own energy. It can come to the point where we don't know who we are any more because bits of our energy has got lost or contaminated by bits of other peoples' energies.

    So what I do it imagine all the otherly energy getting yanked off me by a big magnet. It feels like sticky black tar coming off.

    Then I imagine that there is Universal golden energy somewhere above my head, and with each breath I draw some of it down into me until I am filled with it.

    Then I imagine a different kind of planetary energy under me feet, and as I breath in draw it up into myself.

    I always feel recharged and chilled out after that.

    Or I could find a big tree and kind of breathe out my energy into it and breathe in the energy from the tree.

    But it takes a bit of practice because if I do it wrong, the results can be terrifying.

    Maybe the Universal golden energy is God. Or part of God. I don't know. But it makes me feel calm and strong in myself.
    Appreciate the detailed response Robert. Anything which brings you peace can only be a good thing.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    8,195
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I always try to pray 5 times a day but the only problem is I always seem to forget Isha. Winter is annoying because I have school and I can't pray 5 times a day because by the time I come back from school, it's already Asr.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,613
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't understand how people pray five times. One day I decided to pray Maghrib and Isha. Did the same the next day. It's been 2 months now and I pray 5 times. Alhamdulilallah, I always wanted to but never thought it would be possible. I use an alarm clock for Fajar which takes 6 minutes to perform. The rest take 20, 13, 13, 25 minutes to perform. I end the day with 3 Aya' recitation of the Quran.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,778
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    I couldn't understand how people pray five times. One day I decided to pray Maghrib and Isha. Did the same the next day. It's been 2 months now and I pray 5 times. Alhamdulilallah, I always wanted to but never thought it would be possible. I use an alarm clock for Fajar which takes 6 minutes to perform. The rest take 20, 13, 13, 25 minutes to perform. I end the day with 3 Aya' recitation of the Quran.
    Has this changed your life? I.e the way you feel etc?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,492
    Mentioned
    1008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try to whenever I can. It's especially difficult waking up for Fajr.


    Be brave and be fearless, and for God's sake, stand up for yourself.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,932
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    In the Morning, I pray to Sun God to give me energy for the day.. and in evening I pray to Hanuman ji to give me focus and perseverance. That's all I ask for.
    You still praying to old Gods..

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No i dont, got no time for it.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,323
    Mentioned
    772 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    For some weird reason, I am missing Asr these days and it's irking me to no end. Fajr, Zuhr, Maghrib, and Isha I can do with ease, Asr I don't know why but I miss this quite a bit and have to usually do Qaza........

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    853
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salam brothers:

    Is it permissible during Isha to only pray Fajr and Witr?

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,613
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Has this changed your life? I.e the way you feel etc?
    Gives me greater guidance and am more spiritually intact now. It's difficult to describe in words but inner peace would be the best adjective for it.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,340
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Say this prayer to RNGesus several times a day, before every game of dotes:

    RNGesus who art in Matchmaking,
    Bashlord be thy name.
    Thy Random Distribution come,
    Thy Crit be done
    in Low Priority as it is in Ranked.
    Give us this day our Regen Rune,
    and forgive us our Ogre picks,
    as we forgive those who pick Ogre against us,
    and lead us not into Counter Helix,
    but Backtrack us from damage.
    For thine is the Bash, and the Crit, and the Evade,
    with Pure Skill.
    GGWP (Good Game Well Played)


    Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,778
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Gives me greater guidance and am more spiritually intact now. It's difficult to describe in words but inner peace would be the best adjective for it.
    I think praying to God is the only true way to gain inner peace.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,613
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I think praying to God is the only true way to gain inner peace.
    Same here. But praying is not enough. Prayer without deeds is like a crop without water. Of course education on the religion is necessary. I really enjoy the various scholars on Islam though.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,762
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imrankhannsu View Post
    Salam brothers:

    Is it permissible during Isha to only pray Fajr and Witr?
    How will you pray fajr at Isha ?

    Is there any typo in your question ?


    Fear the Creator ..... not the created.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    853
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    How will you pray fajr at Isha ?

    Is there any typo in your question ?
    Salam bro its should be Farz. Thanks for pointing it out

  53. #53
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    9,557
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I pray all 5, but my fajr is pretty much always prayed qaza. The most difficult thing is praying all 5 prayers in the evening if I somehow didn't get the chance to pray them during the day.


    It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.
    ― Imran Khan

  54. #54
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    23,912
    Mentioned
    1096 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imrankhannsu View Post
    Salam brothers:

    Is it permissible during Isha to only pray Fajr and Witr?
    Quote Originally Posted by imrankhannsu View Post
    Salam bro its should be Farz. Thanks for pointing it out
    The answer to your question is yes.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 14th October 2017 at 08:53.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by proud_pakistani View Post
    3 times a day usually. Miss Fajr and Isha most days. Both are times I am very lazy.
    Same here

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    4,698
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't remember last time I prayed.


    Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    3,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What can motivate me to pray fives times a day regularly.....
    I pray five times a day during the month of Ramazan and even pray Tahajud prayers but as soon as Ramazan ends the intensity becomes very low.... Sometimes I pray 3 times a day, sometimes I pray 2 times a day and sometimes I don't pray at all for weeks except Jummah...


    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only on Friday or when I go to meet my parents then otherwise none on regular days

  59. #59
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    3,603
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    What can motivate me to pray fives times a day regularly.....
    I pray five times a day during the month of Ramazan and even pray Tahajud prayers but as soon as Ramazan ends the intensity becomes very low.... Sometimes I pray 3 times a day, sometimes I pray 2 times a day and sometimes I don't pray at all for weeks except Jummah...
    Lol I am exactly the same.


    "Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

  60. #60
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    853
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    The answer to your question is yes.
    Jazzak Allah

  61. #61
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,762
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    What can motivate me to pray fives times a day regularly.....
    I pray five times a day during the month of Ramazan and even pray Tahajud prayers but as soon as Ramazan ends the intensity becomes very low.... Sometimes I pray 3 times a day, sometimes I pray 2 times a day and sometimes I don't pray at all for weeks except Jummah...
    What motivation you need.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,762
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imrankhannsu View Post
    Jazzak Allah
    Praying obligatory salah is must , and that is what will be accountable on the day of judgement. Rest are all non obligatory , which if you do will be rewarded , but will not be questioned about.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    444
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Praying 5 times per day takes incredible commitment. I don't know how anybody manages it unless they are unemployed to be honest.
    Its not about being unemployed. I am one yet I can't pray at all. I just cant. I feel like my body's frozen whenever I want to do it. It makes me feel hopeless at times.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    853
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Praying obligatory salah is must , and that is what will be accountable on the day of judgement. Rest are all non obligatory , which if you do will be rewarded , but will not be questioned about.
    Jazzak Allah brother. So Witr is not mandatory?

  65. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I don't. Having often been forced to pray by my own family for many years, I can't help but feel a level of resentment towards the practice of compulsory prayer. Not that I have anything against those people who actually get some sort of 'spiritual' satisfaction out of praying and being devoutly religious. But I see too many people around me obsessed with the form and process of religiosity that they've become self centred ******.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,613
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MosquitoMan View Post
    No I don't. Having often been forced to pray by my own family for many years, I can't help but feel a level of resentment towards the practice of compulsory prayer. Not that I have anything against those people who actually get some sort of 'spiritual' satisfaction out of praying and being devoutly religious. But I see too many people around me obsessed with the form and process of religiosity that they've become self centred ******.
    Anybody who judges others for not performing a religious duty is wasting all his prayers away. That's why I never make fun of my brother-in-law for not praying even though he is very educated in religious scholars, matters, etc, even as a joke.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,111
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Gives me greater guidance and am more spiritually intact now. It's difficult to describe in words but inner peace would be the best adjective for it.
    Keep it up bro and pray for all of us too


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  68. #68
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,111
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    What can motivate me to pray fives times a day regularly.....
    I pray five times a day during the month of Ramazan and even pray Tahajud prayers but as soon as Ramazan ends the intensity becomes very low.... Sometimes I pray 3 times a day, sometimes I pray 2 times a day and sometimes I don't pray at all for weeks except Jummah...
    We are all on a journey here. Some are spiritually ahead of others, and some are even spiritually ill
    When we are physically ill we have to take medication which may not taste great but we take it for a little while and then we feel better.
    Similarly, initially we have to force ourselves to pray, this will taste "sour or bitter" like the medication does, but once we have done it enough times we will start to feel more spiritually inclined and as this happens we will find it easier to pray.
    Prayer is not the height of spiritual excellence. That comes with getting to a state where we are pleased with our lord and he is pleased with us. This is not confined only to prayer but to all aspects of life including morals, character dealings, patience, trials and tribulations that may arise.
    So we can always improve.
    Prayer is still very important though as it is the clear sign that you are ready to drop everything and submit to Allahs will.
    For starters we need to understand it is never too late (that will be when we breathe our last) and no good deed is too small.


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  69. #69
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    3,672
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fajr in the morning and the rest i combine and pray at night. No proper place/enough time for namaz while i am outside.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,111
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^start by praying once a day and slowly increase, sincerely ask Allah to guide you and he will make it easier for u


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  71. #71
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    3,672
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    We are all on a journey here. Some are spiritually ahead of others, and some are even spiritually ill
    When we are physically ill we have to take medication which may not taste great but we take it for a little while and then we feel better.
    Similarly, initially we have to force ourselves to pray, this will taste "sour or bitter" like the medication does, but once we have done it enough times we will start to feel more spiritually inclined and as this happens we will find it easier to pray.
    Prayer is not the height of spiritual excellence. That comes with getting to a state where we are pleased with our lord and he is pleased with us. This is not confined only to prayer but to all aspects of life including morals, character dealings, patience, trials and tribulations that may arise.
    So we can always improve.
    Prayer is still very important though as it is the clear sign that you are ready to drop everything and submit to Allahs will.
    For starters we need to understand it is never too late (that will be when we breathe our last) and no good deed is too small.
    Explained it perfectly.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    3,672
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    ^start by praying once a day and slowly increase, sincerely ask Allah to guide you and he will make it easier for u
    I like to pray 5 times daily because it makes me more calm and gives a feeling of security. During off days (which are very rare), i do all the 5 waqt namaz and recite Quran too. Nowadays i can't because of the tight schedule of my classes.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,111
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    Explained it perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    I like to pray 5 times daily because it makes me more calm and gives a feeling of security. During off days (which are very rare), i do all the 5 waqt namaz and recite Quran too. Nowadays i can't because of the tight schedule of my classes.
    Thanks bro. Do as much as you can. And as mentioned above by others never look down on ANYONE in this regard.
    Even if you dont pray, just sit everyday and remember your lord even if only for a 1 minute. Then at the end, thank him for giving you the ability to remember him and ask him to give you ability to do more.
    As it says in the quran "the one who is grateful, i will give him more"
    Keep all Ppers in ur prayers!!


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  74. #74
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,762
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imrankhannsu View Post
    Jazzak Allah brother. So Witr is not mandatory?
    Other than 5 daily prayers , nothing is obligatory . There is one thing called salvation , rest are for getting higher ranks.

    If more sunnah prayers are prayed , it gives more rewards. Witr is also sunnah.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,738
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be starting soon IN SHA ALLAH.

    May Allah bless us all with health, strength and imaan.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    6,530
    Mentioned
    1711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pray Zuhr, Asr, Maghrib and Isha regularly, Alhamdulillah. Sadly Fajr gets qaza sometimes.


    Kyun Ziyaan Kaar Banun, Sood Framosh Rahun
    Fikr-e-Farda Na Karun, Mahw-e-Ghum-e-Dosh Rahun

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    853
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Other than 5 daily prayers , nothing is obligatory . There is one thing called salvation , rest are for getting higher ranks.

    If more sunnah prayers are prayed , it gives more rewards. Witr is also sunnah.
    Salam bro and thanks for the input. I read Witr is Wajib and a must. Thats why I am a bit confused

  78. #78
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    23,912
    Mentioned
    1096 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imrankhannsu View Post
    Salam bro and thanks for the input. I read Witr is Wajib and a must. Thats why I am a bit confused
    Hanafis believe it's obligatory.

    Majority opinion is that it's a confirmed sunnah.

    Allahu 'Alam.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  79. #79
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    472
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Hanafis believe it's obligatory.

    Majority opinion is that it's a confirmed sunnah.

    Allahu 'Alam.
    are you hannafi ?

  80. #80
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    22,558
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    5 times alhumdullilah. Even at work. Only problem I have is on a journey but then I can combine or if I go to a mall etc where there isn't a place to pray. The only time I have a big problem is when we shift the times in winter and summer. Then it may take a day or so to adjust. Othewise I dont miss my salah. Its the most important part of the day for me.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •