Venue
    Manchester, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you pray?

Wondering if my fellow ppers pray 5 times a day or not?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3820 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I never miss Isha prayer. I perform it very late in the night, generally my last activity of the day. It gives me great peace and tranquility, more so than any other prayer.

Generally I perform 2-3 prayers a day, and all five on a good day once in a while.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I don't pray but I do some exercises intended to connect me to the Universe.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could but I feel frozen to do that

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, as I am concerned about butterfly effect.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I never miss Isha prayer. I perform it very late in the night, generally my last activity of the day. It gives me great peace and tranquility, more so than any other prayer.

Generally I perform 2-3 prayers a day, and all five on a good day once in a while.
    Have become the opposite. Can generally nail down Fajr, Asr and Maghrib but have been missing Isha a lot recently.

But when I'm back home I usually pray more regularly because everybody in my family prays.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fajr is tricky. In past couple months I've been really good at it. But past week I've mostly prayed qaza. Have been too tired to get up. I'll look to resurrect that as quick as possible.

Almost always pray Dhuhr.

Asr and Maghrib I'll try to pray, but it's really hard if I have work or school.

Barely ever miss Ish'a.

So I'll usually pray 3-5 depending on my schedule for the day.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In the Morning, I pray to Sun God to give me energy for the day.. and in evening I pray to Hanuman ji to give me focus and perseverance. That's all I ask for.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i am going through the toughest time of my life since 3 -4 years, earlier i was struggling for 2 years for career and now suffering from heartbreak.
    For peace and strength i listen to waheguru ji jaap . lets see how it goes. waheguru ji has blessed me with all the things in life , still i only whine and complaint.
    i see no purpose in life , no logic so may be prayer will give me direction......
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 8th October 2017 at 09:14.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 times a day usually. Miss Fajr and Isha most days. Both are times I am very lazy.

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Every friday
    Last edited by shaz619; 8th October 2017 at 08:23.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I don't pray but I do some exercises intended to connect me to the Universe.
    What do the exercises involve and what is it in the Universe which you are connecting to / why

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alhamdulillah me apne namaze parta hi. Koshish kartahu ros parneka.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htariq25 View Post
    Alhamdulillah me apne namaze parta hi. Koshish kartahu ros parneka.
    Very bad Urdu.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hafeezrocks View Post
    Very bad Urdu.
    He is trying

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very bad Urdu.
    Very good English bhai

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Try to pray 5 times but usually miss fajr unfortunately.

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very bad Urdu.
    Sorry, I'm a british Pakistani
    me itna acha Urdu nahi bolta lekin me kena cha raha tha ke me namaaz par ta hu Alhamdulilah. So yh hows ur salah bro.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yess i pray 5 times when i am free but when i have to work then i pray only Fajr and the rest qaza namaaz.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Riyadh, KSA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Try to pray 5 times but usually miss fajr unfortunately.
    Same here

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not proud of it but I don't pray. Only Jumma's and that too sometimes. Will start soon hopefully.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I pray all five , but I have to combine often these days.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we (Mum and I ) pray the 5 obligatory prayers. Also, we listen to the Qur'an everyday, or as often as possible.

There is nothing and no-one dearer to me than God - He is the Love of my life, Love of my (paltry) existence, my one true abiding Love, I love Him more than my parents, more than all the Prophets (pbut) combined, and more than coffee (!) - and so, performing salaat and making du'a is a way of communicating directly with Him, an expression of love for Him.
    Last edited by Jadz; 8th October 2017 at 15:14.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    I pray all five , but I have to combine often these days.
    Do you know the ruling of combining? Most of the time I leave home after Fajr and most definitely miss Zuhur but am back for Asr, so if I can combine them that would be nice.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What do the exercises involve and what is it in the Universe which you are connecting to / why
    @Robert

Mental or physical exercises?

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    @Robert

Mental or physical exercises?

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We might have a new 'religion' forming... Prophet Robert.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Praying 5 times per day takes incredible commitment. I don't know how anybody manages it unless they are unemployed to be honest.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Praying 5 times per day takes incredible commitment. I don't know how anybody manages it unless they are unemployed to be honest.
    lol....awaiting by religious folks on this forum...."how dare you called us unemployed"

I also feel the same way about fasting all month. Unless one's job consists of sitting on a chair in an air conditioned room for 8 hours, maybe....

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    lol....awaiting by religious folks on this forum...."how dare you called us unemployed"

I also feel the same way about fasting all month. Unless one's job consists of sitting on a chair in an air conditioned room for 8 hours, maybe....
    Fair play to anyone who has a job and / or kids and manages it. I barely have the spare time and excess energy to wipe down the kitchen worktop with a cloth these days lol.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fair play to anyone who has a job and / or kids and manages it. I barely have the spare time and excess energy to wipe down the kitchen worktop with a cloth these days lol.
    If you find time for your job and your employer, why can't you do it for The One who is Giver of Givers, The Chief Employer of Employers?

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    All 5 prayers take around 30 minutes combined to perform so it’s actually not that tough to be honest. The challenge is when you are at work but when people have pause for private phone calls, smoking, chatting at coffe bar etc you can easily use those 5 minutes for one of the prayers.

Here in Norway we have a right to have 5 minutes break every hour in addition to lunch break so it all depends in how the individual go by this.

But I have to say that not everyone has office work etc so people have different challenges but people who try, Gods finds a way for them.
    Last edited by IAJ; 9th October 2017 at 08:11.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pray All 5 times but i can understand when someone says that they find it hard because of work.

I guess if you cant pray on time due to problems associated with work, you can always offer Qaza namaz later on when you reach home. God will understand but we tend to make religion very rigid which it is not always.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC too.

Well.... imagine, as Tesla did... a Universe made of energy. It's true that our bodies are physical objects driven by chemical processes, but it is equally true that we are coherent quantum energy forms.

Sometimes we run into other people who are angry with us and kick out negative energy, or who drain us of our own energy. It can come to the point where we don't know who we are any more because bits of our energy has got lost or contaminated by bits of other peoples' energies.

So what I do it imagine all the otherly energy getting yanked off me by a big magnet. It feels like sticky black tar coming off.

Then I imagine that there is Universal golden energy somewhere above my head, and with each breath I draw some of it down into me until I am filled with it.

Then I imagine a different kind of planetary energy under me feet, and as I breath in draw it up into myself.

I always feel recharged and chilled out after that.

Or I could find a big tree and kind of breathe out my energy into it and breathe in the energy from the tree.

But it takes a bit of practice because if I do it wrong, the results can be terrifying.

Maybe the Universal golden energy is God. Or part of God. I don't know. But it makes me feel calm and strong in myself.
    Last edited by Robert; 9th October 2017 at 15:28.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC too.

Well.... imagine, as Tesla did... a Universe made of energy. It's true that our bodies are physical objects driven by chemical processes, but it is equally true that we are coherent quantum energy forms.

Sometimes we run into other people who are angry with us and kick out negative energy, or who drain us of our own energy. It can come to the point where we don't know who we are any more because bits of our energy has got lost or contaminated by bits of other peoples' energies.

So what I do it imagine all the otherly energy getting yanked off me by a big magnet. It feels like sticky black tar coming off.

Then I imagine that there is Universal golden energy somewhere above my head, and with each breath I draw some of it down into me until I am filled with it.

Then I imagine a different kind of planetary energy under me feet, and as I breath in draw it up into myself.

Or I could find a big tree and kind of breathe out my energy into it and breathe in the energy from the tree.

But it takes a bit of practice because if I do it wrong, the results can be terrifying.

Maybe the Universal golden energy is God. Or part of God. I don't know. But it makes me feel calm and strong in myself.
    Fair enough, whatever's working for you

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Do you know the ruling of combining? Most of the time I leave home after Fajr and most definitely miss Zuhur but am back for Asr, so if I can combine them that would be nice.
    Combining zuhr and asr , as well as Maghrib and Isha is allowed.

It is proved from authentic hadeeth.

The problem is being rigid and extreme . Shias always combine , where as sunnis never.

Prophet did this to make it easy for the ummah, and we like all other matters , because of differences of sects are making it hard.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC too.

Appreciate the detailed response Robert. Anything which brings you peace can only be a good thing.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I always try to pray 5 times a day but the only problem is I always seem to forget Isha. Winter is annoying because I have school and I can't pray 5 times a day because by the time I come back from school, it's already Asr.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't understand how people pray five times. One day I decided to pray Maghrib and Isha. Did the same the next day. It's been 2 months now and I pray 5 times. Alhamdulilallah, I always wanted to but never thought it would be possible. I use an alarm clock for Fajar which takes 6 minutes to perform. The rest take 20, 13, 13, 25 minutes to perform. I end the day with 3 Aya' recitation of the Quran.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    I couldn't understand how people pray five times. One day I decided to pray Maghrib and Isha. Did the same the next day. It's been 2 months now and I pray 5 times. Alhamdulilallah, I always wanted to but never thought it would be possible. I use an alarm clock for Fajar which takes 6 minutes to perform. The rest take 20, 13, 13, 25 minutes to perform. I end the day with 3 Aya' recitation of the Quran.
    Has this changed your life? I.e the way you feel etc?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try to whenever I can. It's especially difficult waking up for Fajr.

Only God can judge me so I'm gone, either love me or leave me alone.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    In the Morning, I pray to Sun God to give me energy for the day.. and in evening I pray to Hanuman ji to give me focus and perseverance. That's all I ask for.
    You still praying to old Gods..

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No i dont, got no time for it.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    For some weird reason, I am missing Asr these days and it's irking me to no end. Fajr, Zuhr, Maghrib, and Isha I can do with ease, Asr I don't know why but I miss this quite a bit and have to usually do Qaza........

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salam brothers:

Is it permissible during Isha to only pray Fajr and Witr?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has this changed your life? I.e the way you feel etc?
    Gives me greater guidance and am more spiritually intact now. It's difficult to describe in words but inner peace would be the best adjective for it.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Say this prayer to RNGesus several times a day, before every game of dotes:

RNGesus who art in Matchmaking,
    Bashlord be thy name.
    Thy Random Distribution come,
    Thy Crit be done
    in Low Priority as it is in Ranked.
    Give us this day our Regen Rune,
    and forgive us our Ogre picks,
    as we forgive those who pick Ogre against us,
    and lead us not into Counter Helix,
    but Backtrack us from damage.
    For thine is the Bash, and the Crit, and the Evade,
    with Pure Skill.
    GGWP (Good Game Well Played)

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Military and mullah
    *Redacted*

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Gives me greater guidance and am more spiritually intact now. It's difficult to describe in words but inner peace would be the best adjective for it.
    I think praying to God is the only true way to gain inner peace.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think praying to God is the only true way to gain inner peace.
    Same here. But praying is not enough. Prayer without deeds is like a crop without water. Of course education on the religion is necessary. I really enjoy the various scholars on Islam though.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imrankhannsu View Post
    Salam brothers:

How will you pray fajr at Isha ?

Is there any typo in your question ?

Fear the Creator ..... not the created.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    How will you pray fajr at Isha ?

Is there any typo in your question ?
    Salam bro its should be Farz. Thanks for pointing it out

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I pray all 5, but my fajr is pretty much always prayed qaza. The most difficult thing is praying all 5 prayers in the evening if I somehow didn't get the chance to pray them during the day.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Salam brothers:

Salam bro its should be Farz. Thanks for pointing it out
    The answer to your question is yes.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 14th October 2017 at 08:53.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by proud_pakistani View Post
    3 times a day usually. Miss Fajr and Isha most days. Both are times I am very lazy.
    Same here

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't remember last time I prayed.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What can motivate me to pray fives times a day regularly.....
    I pray five times a day during the month of Ramazan and even pray Tahajud prayers but as soon as Ramazan ends the intensity becomes very low.... Sometimes I pray 3 times a day, sometimes I pray 2 times a day and sometimes I don't pray at all for weeks except Jummah...

SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only on Friday or when I go to meet my parents then otherwise none on regular days

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    I pray five times a day during the month of Ramazan and even pray Tahajud prayers but as soon as Ramazan ends the intensity becomes very low.... Sometimes I pray 3 times a day, sometimes I pray 2 times a day and sometimes I don't pray at all for weeks except Jummah...
    Lol I am exactly the same.

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    The answer to your question is yes.
    Jazzak Allah

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    What motivation you need.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Jazzak Allah
    Praying obligatory salah is must , and that is what will be accountable on the day of judgement. Rest are all non obligatory , which if you do will be rewarded , but will not be questioned about.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not about being unemployed. I am one yet I can't pray at all. I just cant. I feel like my body's frozen whenever I want to do it. It makes me feel hopeless at times.