Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Indian cricket team’s new hurdle: Yo-Yo test

IT’S OFFICIAL. Every cricketer — not just those who play the energy intensive shorter versions, but even Test cricketers — will now need to have a basic level of aerobic endurance prescribed by the Indian team management. According to BCCI CEO Rahul Johri, even if a cricketer happens to be injury-free and in form, failure to meet the mandatory fitness parameters would result in him making way for a fitter player.

“The captain, coach and chief selector, along with the other members of the selection committee in consultation with the support staff (trainer and physio), have set the parameters. The fitness parameters set by the team management for athletes to be eligible for selection are non-negotiable,” Johri told The Indian Express.

He said that the present set of players — who were part of India’s limited overs series against Sri Lanka and those involved in the ongoing home series against Australia — had all cleared the first of the management-approved parameters: the yo-yo test, the globally-recognised cardio drill for international athletes.

In the days to come, before the team for next month’s home Test series against Sri Lanka is announced, those in contention for the longest format will travel to the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru to test their lung power.

The yo-yo test requires players to pace themselves methodically — starting with a modest jog to the eventual gut-busting sprint — as they shuttle back and forth between two rows of cones kept 20 metres apart. Each run needs to be timed with the three beeps that are played in the background. These are the signals for start, turn and finish. With the timing between the beeps constantly decreasing, each subsequent 40m circuit requires more speed. Getting beaten twice by the beep means the end of the test. The final score is determined by the laps completed and the speed gathered.

Johri said that for starters, the Indian cricketers have been asked to achieve a basic score, but gradually the fitness bar will be raised. “On the yo-yo scale, the grade needed to be achieved is 16.1, which is the minimum standard set for an elite international sportsman. The players have been informed of such parameters and most current players have already achieved this standard. In case of any exceptions, we’ve given them sufficient time to raise their fitness levels,” he said.

While most see this as a necessary change considering the demands of modern cricket, there are those who say that caution needs to be exercised before making such tests mandatory.

A former member of the Indian coaching staff said the team management should keep in mind that aerobic endurance can’t be the only criterion for selection. “The yo-yo test can’t be the only criterion to test a cricketer’s fitness. It’s a skill-based sport. There’s so much mental stamina that’s required too,” he said, adding that many of the past legends would have failed the test.

Interestingly, the Indian team introduced the yo-yo to their fitness testing routine in 2012 during a tour to Sri Lanka. This meant that the likes of Rahul Dravid, V V S Laxman and Sourav Ganguly never had to undergo these tests. Though, the team management in 2009 did introduce beep tests — the yo-yo is an improved version of that same drill — it was done more for the players to know where they stood in terms of their aerobic fitness and how much they needed to improve.

Another former player said that proper protocol should be in place for these tests. “While standardisation is good, one has to keep in mind the preparation time given to a player before the test and also how much cricket he’s played,” he said.

The former cricketer cited the example of an India U-19 World Cup star, who was all set to be picked for the T20 squad against Australia but lost out after failing the yo-yo test. “He’s played literally three non-stop months of cricket, starting with the local TNCA league, then the TNPL and then the Deodhar Trophy and India ‘A’ matches. Then, within a day-and-a-half, if he’s made to undergo a yo-yo test, obviously he can’t be expected to be the most prepared. Plus, players need to be told about the tests. There are those who run too fast at the start and eventually struggle once the time between the beeps starts reducing. You can’t just do it once and say ‘Ok, you’ve failed and you can’t be picked’.”

The other players who reportedly missed out because of the new fitness parameter are old hands Suresh Raina and Yuvraj Singh.
    Interestingly, Ashish Nehra, 38, was included in the India team, a clear indicator that he had passed the test. It’s a result that has surprised many. However, a senior trainer on the domestic cricket circuit said, “Ashish Nehra has been recuperating from injury and his body was perfectly rested and prepared for the test. So, it’s no surprise that he did well. He’s also someone who is very disciplined with his preparation routines. And, he is a fast bowler from the old school mindset, who runs a lot as part of his exercise rather than spend too many hours in the gym. His aerobic levels have always been high.”

So going ahead, will the yo-yo test be the mandatory parameter for selection across formats? Johri said, “Yes, but it is not the only parameter for selection. The team management, in consultation with the players, will be slowly bringing in other parameters too.”

The hurdles before the Indian dressing room haven’t just got higher, but have increased in number as well.

http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...-test-4881253/
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 9th October 2017 at 14:33.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They will all pass it with flying colours. They are all fit. Maybe ashwin will face some problems but expect him to pass it as well.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    They will all pass it with flying colours. They are all fit. Maybe ashwin will face some problems but expect him to pass it as well.
    Raina failed it

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Washington Sundar not playing because of this actually makes me angry.

This guy is so good at T20 he would walk into any side on merit.

Superb batsman and terrific limited overs bowler. This guy will be a world-class player and the method of his exclusion is just terrible.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done.

That's how a professional unit must be run.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketAnalyst View Post
    Washington Sundar not playing because of this actually makes me angry.

This guy is so good at T20 he would walk into any side on merit.

Superb batsman and terrific limited overs bowler. This guy will be a world-class player and the method of his exclusion is just terrible.
    Tomorrow let's drop Herath cos he failed a yoyo test. Lmao.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Yo sif , You already worried about your boy ashwin

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeCrusher2 View Post
    Raina failed it
    When? I heard Raina was working very hard in the gym and has lost a lot of weight recently.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When? I heard Raina was working very hard in the gym and has lost a lot of weight recently.
    Before the odi series against Australia , both yuvi and Raina failed the test and thus were not picked for the series

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently pandey beat Kohli in this test and emerged as the fittest Indian cricketer, not bad by Kohli 2.0

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Yo sif , You already worried about your boy ashwin
    Cant say whether he will clear it. Lets see.

Will be super entertaining to see what happens if he fails.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cant say whether he will clear it. Lets see.

Will be super entertaining to see what happens if he fails.
    Will be easily replaced by Kuldeep. Unlike some other countries, we dont have dearth of talent

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Will be easily replaced by Kuldeep. Unlike some other countries, we dont have dearth of talent
    Lesser players are easier to replace.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Madplayer we used to do this at the academy every single day like 5 years ago and hardly anyone passed it lol

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Lesser players are easier to replace.
    Is that the reason Afridi played for 20 years?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Is that the reason Afridi played for 20 years?
    He is unique.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are the scores of the players available?

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    @Madplayer we used to do this at the academy every single day like 5 years ago and hardly anyone passed it lol
    I used to do it when I used to represent my state for boxing. What academy were you in, in Pakistan? Just curious

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    Are the scores of the players available?
    Dont think individual score is available but we only know that Yuvi and Raina failed the test and apparently M Pandey have scored better than rest.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Dont think individual score is available but we only know that Yuvi and Raina failed the test and apparently M Pandey have scored better than rest.
    Oh I see would've been interesting to see what they got, cause I heard Rabada has scored 19.2 in the test which is very good.

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working out in the gym does not mean you will pass yo-yo test, read the following paragraph about how 38 yr old Nehra Ji aced this test while Raina and Yuvi failed:

"The other players who reportedly missed out because of the new fitness parameter are old hands Suresh Raina and Yuvraj Singh.
    Interestingly, Ashish Nehra, 38, was included in the India team, a clear indicator that he had passed the test. It’s a result that has surprised many. However, a senior trainer on the domestic cricket circuit said,

“Ashish Nehra has been recuperating from injury and his body was perfectly rested and prepared for the test. So, it’s no surprise that he did well. He’s also someone who is very disciplined with his preparation routines. And, he is a fast bowler from the old school mindset, who runs a lot as part of his exercise rather than spend too many hours in the gym. His aerobic levels have always been high.”

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    Oh I see would've been interesting to see what they got, cause I heard Rabada has scored 19.2 in the test which is very good.
    I think I read somewhere that Kohli scored 21 and dhoni 20.5

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If professional athletes can't clear an easy endurance test they should be ashamed.

I wanted Washington Sunder in T20 squad though.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
    Working out in the gym does not mean you will pass yo-yo test, read the following paragraph about how 38 yr old Nehra Ji aced this test while Raina and Yuvi failed:

"The other players who reportedly missed out because of the new fitness parameter are old hands Suresh Raina and Yuvraj Singh.
    Interestingly, Ashish Nehra, 38, was included in the India team, a clear indicator that he had passed the test. It’s a result that has surprised many. However, a senior trainer on the domestic cricket circuit said,

“Ashish Nehra has been recuperating from injury and his body was perfectly rested and prepared for the test. So, it’s no surprise that he did well. He’s also someone who is very disciplined with his preparation routines. And, he is a fast bowler from the old school mindset, who runs a lot as part of his exercise rather than spend too many hours in the gym. His aerobic levels have always been high.”
    Link?????

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Link?????
    The link is from the OP itself: http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...-test-4881253/

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think I read somewhere that Kohli scored 21 and dhoni 20.5
    Wow Dhoni is still extremely fit.

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're saying Sundar ji ≥ Herath

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just yur frustration talking as you know someone from Chennai is in danger of losing his spot

And why does it matters if Herath passes or fails yo yo test, he doesnt represent India. Im totally in favour of introducing fitness culture. Ashwin look ridiculously unfit, he cant even bend down to save his life. Ashwin is skillful i agree but he is also unfit, and bending rule for player(s) will only create problems.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    It just yur frustration talking as you know someone from Chennai is in danger of losing his spot

And why does it matters if Herath passes or fails yo yo test, he doesnt represent India. Im totally in favour of introducing fitness culture. Ashwin look ridiculously unfit, he cant even bend down to save his life. Ashwin is skillful i agree but he is also unfit, and bending rule for player(s) will only create problems.
    Not really. No frustration mate.

My life achievements are not tied to how he performs. If he is dropped for this when he can pick wickets and score runs, its India's loss.

Ash couldn't even bend down in a period where he had a big enough injury which led him to miss ipl.

As for herath, i chose him cos he is the roundest of them all and the most unlikely to clear this test.

Yasir Shah also fits in. Will be funny if Pak dropped him cos he failed a test before.

Even Erapalli Prasanna and Bedi may or may not have cleared this test.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's a stupid test in terms of test,can see Rohit clearing it and still defending a bouncer like a dim wit.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My life achievements are not tied to how he performs. If he is dropped for this when he can pick wickets and score runs, its India's loss.

Ash couldn't even bend down in a period where he had a big enough injury which led him to miss ipl.

As for herath, i chose him cos he is the roundest of them all and the most unlikely to clear this test.

Yasir Shah also fits in. Will be funny if Pak dropped him cos he failed a test before.

Be sensible sif.

We want our team to be an elite team don't we? So some more work is expected from star players.

And you will agree with me that Ashwin tires and looses his zip before Jadeja.

And Herath and Yasir and Bedi and etc have much less workload. Plus they are not part of current Indian team.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again you're shifting goal post here. Why does it matters if Prassanna or any one from the past would've pass the test or not. Sorry to say this kinda mentality will hold us back and will cost us matches in future.

If Ash wasnt fit then he shouldn't have played the game simple as that. By playing a game with injury is putting his career and team chances on risk. India currently have enough bench strength in spin department that we can easily afford to drop Ash.
    Ash needs to understand, his spot both in test and lois is not certain anymore. K Yadav have overtaken from him and now he is easily the best spinner in India.

what you're suggestin is its ok to be unfit as long as they are star player. That is not how a top class team works, no team should overlook fitness.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Be sensible sif.

We want our team to be an elite team don't we? So some more work is expected from star players.

And you will agree with me that Ashwin tires and looses his zip before Jadeja.

And Herath and Yasir and Bedi and etc have much less workload. Plus they are not part of current Indian team.
    I think you misunderstood me.

If Ash tires too easily and bowls crap, he should be dropped. If he can't field at an acceptable level, then yeah he should be warned.

But an arbitrary test for spinners who are usually the least athletic of them all is not the right way to go. Atleast for tests.

And no, Yasir's workload in a test is INSANE compared to Ash or Jaddu or even Herath. The number of overs he bowls, the pressure he handles being the lone spinner is amazing. And this guy failed a fitness test.

Herath can bowl accurately all day long even in his super round state.

Problem with Ashwin is his accuracy wavers after a while. Is Yo-Yo going to solve his issue? No one knows. What if it doesn't? Pick him or drop him based on his performance. Ask him to improve his fitness.

But deciding on spots based on these arbitrary tests for spinners don't make too much sense. Atleasts for test matches.

Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Again you're shifting goal post here. Why does it matters if Prassanna or any one from the past would've pass the test or not. Sorry to say this kinda mentality will hold us back and will cost us matches in future.

If Ash wasnt fit then he shouldn't have played the game simple as that. By playing a game with injury is putting his career and team chances on risk. India currently have enough bench strength in spin department that we can easily afford to drop Ash.
    Ash needs to understand, his spot both in test and lois is not certain anymore. K Yadav have overtaken from him and now he is easily the best spinner in India.

what you're suggestin is its ok to be unfit as long as they are star player. That is not how a top class team works, no team should overlook fitness.
    Kuldeep is long long way from Ashwin.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kuldeep is long long way from Ashwin.
    I beg to differ. Unlike Ash, Yadav doesnt rely on pitch

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Nope you misunderstood too.

Please see my previous post.

Test spinners are a different breed. Good ones need not be athletic.

Also reg Ash injury, he had given feelers about it long before Aus series. Pulled out of a Ranji game after Eng series. And YET team management kept him on for the Bang and Aus series at the end of which he pulled out of IPL (will be compensated by BCCI). Same happened with Shami. Bowled in WC 2015 with injury, pulled out of IPL and was compensated.

Let Kuldeep Yadav take Ash's spot. No biggie. But based on performance.

I am not suggesting we relax rules for Ash cos he is a star player. I am saying test spinners are different.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I beg to differ. Unlike Ash, Yadav doesnt rely on pitch
    He is wrist spinner so true but yet to be proven. I'm talking about red ball here.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also reg Ash injury, he had given feelers about it long before Aus series. Pulled out of a Ranji game after Eng series. And YET team management kept him on for the Bang and Aus series at the end of which he pulled out of IPL (will be compensated by BCCI). Same happened with Shami. Bowled in WC 2015 with injury, pulled out of IPL and was compensated.

I am not suggesting we relax rules for Ash cos he is a star player. I am saying test spinners are different.
    but if we have relax rule for spinners then do you think would it be fair for seamers then?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Test spinners need endurance. I don't judge by body fat but Ashwin was tiring by 4-5th day. Herath doesn't.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is wrist spinner so true but yet to be proven. I'm talking about red ball here.
    that is because he have been playing mostly as 3rd spinner. If he is the main spinner in overseas test then we can draw conclusion

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Test spinners need endurance. I don't judge by body fat but Ashwin was tiring by 4-5th day. Herath doesn't.
    seeing how Herath is struggling on field just proves my point that should team have spinner that is poor in field but very good with bowl.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    that is because he have been playing mostly as 3rd spinner. If he is the main spinner in overseas test then we can draw conclusion
    Let's reserve rating him above Ashwin till then. We are touring starting next year he will get at least 2nd spinner slot in some tests.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's reserve rating him above Ashwin till then. We are touring starting next year he will get at least 2nd spinner slot in some tests.
    Fair enough.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean the two tests in which he played, outbowling his own teammates? He needs a longer rope & a record on which he can be judged, but on what we have atm he's doing better than Ashwin or Jadeja at the time of their debut.
    Last edited by R0H1T; 9th October 2017 at 19:17.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    You mean the two test in which he played, outbowling his own teammates?
    He did falter in second in 4th test vs Australia didn't he?

I love him but sample is too small for conclusion.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    but if we have relax rule for spinners then do you think would it be fair for seamers then?
    That's where things differ.

Let me post a snippet for you as to why Nehra at almost 40 cleared the Yo Yo test while Raina and Yuvi couldn't:

Interestingly, Ashish Nehra, 38, was included in the India team, a clear indicator that he had passed the test. It’s a result that has surprised many. However, a senior trainer on the domestic cricket circuit said, “Ashish Nehra has been recuperating from injury and his body was perfectly rested and prepared for the test. So, it’s no surprise that he did well. He’s also someone who is very disciplined with his preparation routines. And, he is a fast bowler from the old school mindset, who runs a lot as part of his exercise rather than spend too many hours in the gym. His aerobic levels have always been high.”

Pacers can clear these tests more easily than spinners because it tests the aerobic fitness of the players. In fact, requisite fitness for pacers is way higher than spinners or else you will have situations where pacers would start trundling horribly later on.

But here's the issue:

Yo Yo test shows Nehra is fit and Raina isn't. But Nehra is an awful fielder while Raina even with a belly is a good fielder. Not saying yo-yo shouldn't be used but it can't guarantee fielding quality.

Views of some former member of Indian coaching staff and former cricketer:

A former member of the Indian coaching staff said the team management should keep in mind that aerobic endurance can’t be the only criterion for selection. “The yo-yo test can’t be the only criterion to test a cricketer’s fitness. It’s a skill-based sport. There’s so much mental stamina that’s required too,” he said, adding that many of the past legends would have failed the test.

Interestingly, the Indian team introduced the yo-yo to their fitness testing routine in 2012 during a tour to Sri Lanka. This meant that the likes of Rahul Dravid, V V S Laxman and Sourav Ganguly never had to undergo these tests. Though, the team management in 2009 did introduce beep tests — the yo-yo is an improved version of that same drill — it was done more for the players to know where they stood in terms of their aerobic fitness and how much they needed to improve.

Another former player said that proper protocol should be in place for these tests. “While standardisation is good, one has to keep in mind the preparation time given to a player before the test and also how much cricket he’s played,” he said.

The former cricketer cited the example of an India U-19 World Cup star, who was all set to be picked for the T20 squad against Australia but lost out after failing the yo-yo test. “He’s played literally three non-stop months of cricket, starting with the local TNCA league, then the TNPL and then the Deodhar Trophy and India ‘A’ matches. Then, within a day-and-a-half, if he’s made to undergo a yo-yo test, obviously he can’t be expected to be the most prepared. Plus, players need to be told about the tests. There are those who run too fast at the start and eventually struggle once the time between the beeps starts reducing. You can’t just do it once and say ‘Ok, you’ve failed and you can’t be picked’.”

Cricket is not an athletic sport. Its a skill based game. Yes we need fitness but its a debate as to where we should draw the line.

I am not sure I can provide a definite answer as of now. But I think we need to keep our approach more fluid than go for a my way or high way approach.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did falter in second in 4th test vs Australia didn't he?

I love him but sample is too small for conclusion.
    You could argue that the test was (nearly) won by the time he came onto bowl, the Aussies were also playing him more judiciously compared to the first innings.

The only way Aus could've won that test would be if India were to drop lots of catches, the pitch was highly uneven & also aiding the seamers in the 3rd inns.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    You could argue that the test was (nearly) won by the time he came onto bowl, the Aussies were also playing him more judiciously compared to the first innings.

The only way Aus could've won that test would be if India were to drop lots of catches, the pitch was highly uneven & also aiding the seamers in the 3rd inns.
    That's why I say it's too soon to rate him.

I have had high expectations sinse he started u19s. not only with ball but with bat as well

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    True.

The point is yo-yo may not give you what you want if Herath is gonna fail that test too (I dunno whether he would or wouldn't).

Yasir doesn't tire like Ash but he failed a test. Dunno which test.

If you want to improve Ash situation, bring in measures where Ash has to make improvements in certain regards or risk getting dropped if he shows no improvement over a period of time. That's a more proactive approach.

I am all for fitness improvements. But ones that help them perform in cricket. Not arbitrary fitness standards which we have seen sometimes doesn't apply to cricket.

I am not yet sold on yo-yo for spinners. Or even batsmen.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's where things differ.

Let me post a snippet for you as to why Nehra at almost 40 cleared the Yo Yo test while Raina and Yuvi couldn't:

Pacers can clear these tests more easily than spinners because it tests the aerobic fitness of the players. In fact, requisite fitness for pacers is way higher than spinners or else you will have situations where pacers would start trundling horribly later on.

But here's the issue:

Yo Yo test shows Nehra is fit and Raina isn't. But Nehra is an awful fielder while Raina even with a belly is a good fielder. Not saying yo-yo shouldn't be used but it can't guarantee fielding quality.

Views of some former member of Indian coaching staff and former cricketer:

Cricket is not an athletic sport. Its a skill based game. Yes we need fitness but its a debate as to where we should draw the line.

I am not sure I can provide a definite answer as of now. But I think we need to keep our approach more fluid than go for a my way or high way approach.
    You misunderstanding me. Im not suggesting picking player(s) just because they clear the yo yo test. Other indicators should also be considered. Now you're saying Nehra is a fast bowler so its natural for him to clear the test. But i dont understand how come Raina fails the test. Its not that every othet batsmen have failed it too. Raina is still young and can make a comeback if he loses some weight and regain his form.
    Yuvi is completely over the hill. In CT and Windies tour i saw him field on the boundary rope and he had trouble bending down and picking/stopping the boundary. Seeing him failing the test doesnt come as a shock to me.

Ashwin hasnt played international game since CT. He had 3months break to work on his fitness and get in shape( he is ridiculously overweight). Instead of working on his fitness he was playing some division 2 useless county games against bunch of noobs.

Im not against Ash, i just cant tolerate his lazy attitude on field while others throw their bodies around to save every single run.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    True.

The point is yo-yo may not give you what you want if Herath is gonna fail that test too (I dunno whether he would or wouldn't).

Yasir doesn't tire like Ash but he failed a test. Dunno which test.

If you want to improve Ash situation, bring in measures where Ash has to make improvements in certain regards or risk getting dropped if he shows no improvement over a period of time. That's a more proactive approach.

I am all for fitness improvements. But ones that help them perform in cricket. Not arbitrary fitness standards which we have seen sometimes doesn't apply to cricket.

I am not yet sold on yo-yo for spinners. Or even batsmen.
    Yo Yo is really not that hard on paper.

I believe best possible test for a cricketer is an endurance test. We can debate the cutoff.

I was seriously surprised with Sunder failing it though. May be overworked. So test did its job.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    You misunderstanding me. Im not suggesting picking player(s) just because they clear the yo yo test. Other indicators should also be considered. Now you're saying Nehra is a fast bowler so its natural for him to clear the test. But i dont understand how come Raina fails the test. Its not that every othet batsmen have failed it too. Raina is still young and can make a comeback if he loses some weight and regain his form.
    Yuvi is completely over the hill. In CT and Windies tour i saw him field on the boundary rope and he had trouble bending down and picking/stopping the boundary. Seeing him failing the test doesnt come as a shock to me.

Ashwin hasnt played international game since CT. He had 3months break to work on his fitness and get in shape( he is ridiculously overweight). Instead of working on his fitness he was playing some division 2 useless county games against bunch of noobs.

Im not against Ash, i just cant tolerate his lazy attitude on field while others throw their bodies around to save every single run.
    Not sure where I misunderstood you. I didn't say that.

I was just talking about why yo-yo is different for spinners and pacers.

As for Ash, I don't like his fielding either. He has to improve it.

Nehra cleared yo yo and will remain an AWFUL fielder.

If Ashwin manages to clear yo yo, there is NO guarantee he will be a good fielder.

That's why I call yo yo an arbitrary test.

It will not give you the desired output in the field (better fielding being one of the benefits). For that to happen, we need more proactive solutions.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Yo Yo is really not that hard on paper.

I believe best possible test for a cricketer is an endurance test. We can debate the cutoff.

I was seriously surprised with Sunder failing it though. May be overworked. So test did its job.
    I can agree with that. Let's see how this pans out.

Some action needs to be taken. We can't let players be as they please on the field. That's for sure.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If Ashwin manages to clear yo yo, there is NO guarantee he will be a good fielder.

It will not give you the desired output in the field (better fielding being one of the benefits). For that to happen, we need more proactive solutions.
    You are assuming yo yo is for Fielding only.

You need endurance for every cricketing activity.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    You are assuming yo yo is for Fielding only.

You need endurance for every cricketing activity.
    I didn't say that mate.

That's why I specifically added the phrase "better fielding being one of the benefits" .

Me and Canadian Goose were talking about fielding which was one of the sub topics and my point was pertaining to that.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't say that mate.

That's why I specifically added the phrase "better fielding being one of the benefits" .

Me and Canadian Goose were talking about fielding which was one of the sub topics and my point was pertaining to that.
    Sorry.

Your point regarding Nehra threw me off. He will be rubbish fielder even if he attains djokovic endurance. Yo Yo is not checking your cricketing skills. Fielding is one them.
    It does however check how long you can put you best on field.
    Last edited by hadi123; 10th October 2017 at 22:38.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's can't be a 100% rule, as there will be exceptions. Cricket aren't really a fitness intensive sport, so if you have proper talent, you will be in the team irrespective of your "shape"

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    One does not need to be an "elite athelete" to excel in cricket. All this extra focus on fitness means that players have less time to spend training, which is what a cricketer really needs.

You guys think Murali, Warne, Akhtar, Garner, Sachin, etc would pass this yo-yo test? They wouldn't and they did not need to.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Sorry.

Your point regarding Nehra threw me off. He will be rubbish fielder even if he attains djokovic endurance. Yo Yo is not checking your cricketing skills. Fielding is one them.
    It does however check how long you can put you best on field.
    If that was the case, Kohli would have a triple century by now and Inzamam wouldn't have one.

Good fitness is not necessary to excel at cricket.
    Last edited by hadi123; 10th October 2017 at 22:38.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    If that was the case, Kohli would have a triple century by now and Inzamam wouldn't have one.

What a lame argument. Some of the fans just arent getting the whole purpose of this test. It is to check whethet a player can endure the physical strain on body for longer duration. Player like Ashwin is classic example who would struggle to finish a test match without huffin & puffin. Imagine a player breaksdown middle of the game because he wasn't fit to play 5 straight days.

I dont know what correlation does Kohli's fitness have anything to do with him not scoring triple century. Heck even Karun Nair have scored triple century and yet couldnt find spot in Indian team.
    Last thing i really want is an Inzi like fielder in India team. The guy wouldnt dive even if his life depends on it. I swear never in my life have i seen Inzi slide to save run(s).

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    How will Heavyweight and Middle Weight boxers do in these Yo Yo tests?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How can someone actually fail this?

You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again you're so off track that i feel im just repeating myself again and again. First of all, yo yo test is not design to check players ability in cricket. It is only design to check if player can endure physical stress on body for longer duration. Remember Ashwin supposed fielding in test matches against Australia, proves why we need this test. It will prevent players who arent fit from playing any games. Im not expecting Ashwin to magically transform into Jonty Rhodes, but id expect him the least to bend over and stop the frigging boundary. If a supposed spinner cant even do basic fielding then i just wan them to be discarded regardless of who it is. And please stop giving me crap that so and so player in the past were unfit. Just because some players in the past were ridiculously fat and unfit doesnt mean we accept the same level of mediocrity even today. Why cant you compare Ash with Jaddu?
    Jaddu have absolute no problem being a spinner and be best in field.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Again you're so off track that i feel im just repeating myself again and again. First of all, yo yo test is not design to check players ability in cricket. It is only design to check if player can endure physical stress on body for longer duration. Remember Ashwin supposed fielding in test matches against Australia, proves why we need this test. It will prevent players who arent fit from playing any games. Im not expecting Ashwin to magically transform into Jonty Rhodes, but id expect him the least to bend over and stop the frigging boundary. If a supposed spinner cant even do basic fielding then i just wan them to be discarded regardless of who it is. And please stop giving me crap that so and so player in the past were unfit. Just because some players in the past were ridiculously fat and unfit doesnt mean we accept the same level of mediocrity even today. Why cant you compare Ash with Jaddu? Jaddu have absolute no problem being a spinner and be best in field.
    You wouldn't find yourself repeating over & over again if you bothered to read my responses closely.

Remember Ashwin supposed fielding in test matches against Australia, proves why we need this test.
    Answered this point already. Scroll up.

Im not expecting Ashwin to magically transform into Jonty Rhodes, but id expect him the least to bend over and stop the frigging boundary.
    Will Nehra bend properly and field now that he has cleared the test? It's not about comparison with Nehra but just seeing if the yo yo process helps you attain your desired output. If not, its all noise.

Just because some players in the past were ridiculously fat and unfit doesnt mean we accept the same level of mediocrity even today.
    It's not about accepting mediocrity but it's about being practical looking into what's needed for what format. In Eng series, Ash batted for long and bowled for long. You can't do that without endurance. Also he is a reliable catcher.

You want to save few runs in tests over having that?

You take that.

I will go the other way and have players who can win me games in tests. Of course, one can't have 11 of them in the field but you won't face such situations generally as evidenced in history. Also its a guess how great batsmen of the past would have fared in this test.

---

I wonder what you would say if Ash somehow clears this yo yo test and still is the same awful self in the field. It's like acquiring a pointless degree if that ever happens.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wouldn't find yourself repeating over & over again if you bothered to read my responses closely.

Answered this point already. Scroll up.

Will Nehra bend properly and field now that he has cleared the test? It's not about comparison with Nehra but just seeing if the yo yo process helps you attain your desired output. If not, its all noise.

It's not about accepting mediocrity but it's about being practical looking into what's needed for what format. In Eng series, Ash batted for long and bowled for long. You can't do that without endurance. Also he is a reliable catcher.

You want to save few runs in tests over having that?

You take that.

I will go the other way and have players who can win me games in tests. Of course, one can't have 11 of them in the field but you won't face such situations generally as evidenced in history. Also its a guess how great batsmen of the past would have fared in this test.

---

I wonder what you would say if Ash somehow clears this yo yo test and still is the same awful self in the field. It's like acquiring a pointless degree if that ever happens.
    Seriously whats your obssession with Nehra, i mean where have i mentioned its ok for him to be mediocre on the field. Why cant you compare him with his spin partner Jadeja? Ok lets ignore fielding skills for a moment, lets talk about Ashwin’s running between wickets. Have you seen how slow Ash is running between wickets, or now you think its is ok for him to run slow between wickets and not converts ones into twos and twos into threes?

Tell me onething, Is asking Ash to lean down and get match fit is too much? He is not even playing Lois( glad he isnt) and there is a chances that he might not feature in India’s away games in SA. So he have plenty of time in his hand, why cant he work on his fitness and lose weight rather than playing pointless county games with bunch of nobodies?

Again why do you think that being fit means they are mediocre in skills wise(cricket). Im not saying select players like Shan Masood lol, im only advising that apart from skills, players physical strength should also be tested. Ash have been MVP of Indian test team for past two years both with bat and ball and im not denying that. He is indeed very important member of the Indian team specially for India’s home games, but with the emergence of K and J Yadavs, we can still dominate our home games in absence of Ash. Im just against some player getting prferential treatment.

If Ash somehow manages to clear the test and yet continues to be mediocre in the field, then id just want him to be dropped. Because it will be most likely him being lazy and have nothing to do with him carrying injury.
    Just like batting and bowling, even fielding is equally important. We will never dominate cricket if we continues to be mediocre fielding unit.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Seriously whats your obssession with Nehra, i mean where have i mentioned its ok for him to be mediocre on the field. Why cant you compare him with his spin partner Jadeja? Ok lets ignore fielding skills for a moment, lets talk about Ashwin’s running between wickets. Have you seen how slow Ash is running between wickets, or now you think its is ok for him to run slow between wickets and not converts ones into twos and twos into threes?

Tell me onething, Is asking Ash to lean down and get match fit is too much? He is not even playing Lois( glad he isnt) and there is a chances that he might not feature in India’s away games in SA. So he have plenty of time in his hand, why cant he work on his fitness and lose weight rather than playing pointless county games with bunch of nobodies?

Again why do you think that being fit means they are mediocre in skills wise(cricket). Im not saying select players like Shan Masood lol, im only advising that apart from skills, players physical strength should also be tested. Ash have been MVP of Indian test team for past two years both with bat and ball and im not denying that. He is indeed very important member of the Indian team specially for India’s home games, but with the emergence of K and J Yadavs, we can still dominate our home games in absence of Ash. Im just against some player getting prferential treatment.

If Ash somehow manages to clear the test and yet continues to be mediocre in the field, then id just want him to be dropped. Because it will be most likely him being lazy and have nothing to do with him carrying injury.
    Just like batting and bowling, even fielding is equally important. We will never dominate cricket if we continues to be mediocre fielding unit.
    If you are calling for some fitness measures where one has to show improvement, i am all for it.

Its yo yo i have reservations about. I just used Nehra as an example to point out yo yo may not give you the desired output for you. Its not about comparison with nehra.
    If he didn't clear the yo yo i wouldn't even be bringing him up.

Jatt maula's insistence of yo yo is for a different reason. Pure endurance.

As for fitness, Ash has been working on it based on what i read. Didn't look bad in county videos.

I don't think he is not going to run much faster than what he can currently. But he can be more agile on the field. That should be the goal.

And in test cricket, ground fielding is less important than batting and bowling. Catching however is very important.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1033 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    What a lame argument. Some of the fans just arent getting the whole purpose of this test. It is to check whethet a player can endure the physical strain on body for longer duration. Player like Ashwin is classic example who would struggle to finish a test match without huffin & puffin. Imagine a player breaksdown middle of the game because he wasn't fit to play 5 straight days.

I dont know what correlation does Kohli's fitness have anything to do with him not scoring triple century. Heck even Karun Nair have scored triple century and yet couldnt find spot in Indian team.
    Last thing i really want is an Inzi like fielder in India team. The guy wouldnt dive even if his life depends on it. I swear never in my life have i seen Inzi slide to save run(s).
    Try to comprehend simple English, please. Makes things much easier. I don't care about the BCCI or their fitness tests, my point was that fitness is not necessary for a person to become an elite cricket, especially in the case of batsmen and spinners.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cricket has changed over the years. I agree that Inzi, Ranatunga and David Boon were great players those days but I doubt if they will be able to make it in the playing 11 (among the top 5 test team) in the current era.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post

Maybe think like this.

If Inzi was fit he would have a 400 or multiple 300's. But lack of endurance broke his concentration at wrong points and he underachieved.

Kholi is not good enough to score a 300. He is putting out whatever he can with his limited talent for hard run scoring cause he is fit.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This test isn't to weed out poor fielders. This test is simply a guideline to see if a player can sustain the rigorous work load international cricket presents.

Looking at someone's record, we can say. Oh but he has taken 250 wickets @ 25 average. He doesn't need to pass the test but that's just wrong way to look at it.

Ashwin may be very skill-full but if he doesn't pass the minimum benchmark set for this test, he clearly wont be able to take the workload i.e. put up his best throughout the test. He may start well in a test but his intensity will wear down the more overs he bowls rendering him to be less effective.

Solution? Get fitter. There's no harm in being skillfull and fit is there?

Now obviously for tests dropping Ashwin & Jadeja would be a big call. So it won't be plain and simple like, hey - he didn't pass, chuck him out. He's been doing well and will be asked to work on his fitness and if he at least gets close to the benchmark. He should be given the preference. However, he wont enjoy a longer rope if doesn't put up the show (away) and also lags on the fitness front.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Ashwin clears the yo yo test.

http://www.news18.com/cricketnext/ne...t-1543427.html

Takeaways:

1. His ground fielding is going to be poor as always.
    2. He ain't gonna tire out less than he used to.

Has to improve on both counts.

This is a useless test which means nothing whether you succeed or fail in it. Someone like Herath failing it is as meaningless as Ashwin passing it.

We need more a proactive fitness approach.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Takeaways:

This is a useless test which means nothing whether you succeed or fail in it. Someone like Herath failing it is as meaningless as Ashwin passing it.

Context being making it mandatory for selection.

What happens in the ground is the best indicator of where a player stands in this regard. Need to find a way to get players to improve on their weaknesses.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Takeaways:

Don't assume your second point before some evidence.

We are playing tests in India soon. Let's compare his energy from Australia tests to upcoming SL tests.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We are playing tests in India soon. Let's compare his energy from Australia tests to upcoming SL tests.
    That would be obviously higher since aus series was the last of a long home series in which ashwin batted and bowled a lot. Here he has just played 3 tests against sl and some county cricket with good resting period in between. He is obviously going to be fresher and more energetic than he was in aus series.
    It has nothing to do with clearing this test.
    Considering beginning of new season he must be compared with his west indies level where he was getting his body behind nicely showing good fitness levels as required by spin bowler.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshi98 View Post
    That would be obviously higher since aus series was the last of a long home series in which ashwin batted and bowled a lot. Here he has just played 3 tests against sl and some county cricket with good resting period in between. He is obviously going to be fresher and more energetic than he was in aus series.
    It has nothing to do with clearing this test.
    Considering beginning of new season he must be compared with his west indies level where he was getting his body behind nicely showing good fitness levels as required by spin bowler.
    Let's see him on ground first before making conclusions and excuses.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

That is not a valid comparison. Obviously he will be better than when he was injured.

He may even be a bit more agile considering he has worked on his fitness during his off time.

Will he field better or not drop in intensity when bowling super long spells? Not sure.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Takeaways:

It is not about the results but the message it sends out. If a player is aiming to make it into the Indian side, he would be trying to not just beat his competition in terms of the primary cricketing skills but would consciously try to become fitter than them since he knows now that fitness is also a parameter on which the selection depends. Sarfaraz Khan is a good example. I think it is a very reasonable move.
    Last edited by Princejain191; 12th October 2017 at 00:33.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is not a valid comparison. Obviously he will be better than when he was injured.

He may even be a bit more agile considering he has worked on his fitness during his off time.

Will he field better or not drop in intensity when bowling super long spells? Not sure.
    Ok. Comparison may be unfair but the point stands about premature conclusions.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm in the view of your skill set is more important than your fitness.

subhan allh walhamdullh w la ailh ailaa allh w allh aakbar
    Loose Cannons CC | PPCL 2020 Season 1 FC CHAMPIONS | #CannonsFire