User Tag List

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

'People think I was born this way, they don't know what it took to get this way' - Mike Tyson

One of many famous Mike Tyson quotes, here it is in full:

People think I was born this way. They don't know what it took to get this way. The Training, when you have to do things over and over again until you're sore. Deep in your mind you say, God, I don't want to do this no more....And then you push.
    Natural ability is overrated in comparison to hard work and dedication. It's like expecting to win the lottery or pulling of 5 pound notes from the tree in your back garden, such fairy tales do not exist. Fact of the matter if you need to work extremely hard to be successful, talent will only take you so far

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    And Mike himself is an excellent example with regards to this quote because when his demons took over he was no longer as effective although there were some external powers at play but he did not do the business when it came to things within his control so his prowess in the ring was limited during his second run even though he became champ past his peak. But we no longer saw the finesse, a legit game plan or in-ring skill, just a guy who barely put in the hard work and had a goal to make weight so he'd get paid....only for that money to be stolen by those who manipulated him or end up in the pockets of the local drug dealer / hooker.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @Red Devil Don't think you will beat the best tesco assistant in the world at Kabbadi by not training properly, I will expose you

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Another quote which I love from Mike:

Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face !

@KingKhanWC @TQ89

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    623 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    One of many famous Mike Tyson quotes, here it is in full:

Natural ability is overrated in comparison to hard work and dedication. It's like expecting to win the lottery or pulling of 5 pound notes from the tree in your back garden, such fairy tales do not exist. Fact of the matter if you need to work extremely hard to be successful, talent will only take you so far
    But this is a bad example Shaz. No doubt he trained his backside off and Cus and Rooney ensured that he did. But very few individuals can even hope to attain that level of performance even with that training. The guy had explosive power and speed and a 20 inch neck which could take some real devastating hits. A natural puncher and punchers are born, not made.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    But this is a bad example Shaz. No doubt he trained his backside off and Cus and Rooney ensured that he did. But very few individuals can even hope to attain that level of performance even with that training. The guy had explosive power and speed and a 20 inch neck which could take some real devastating hits. A natural puncher and punchers are born, not made.
    Well Tyson himself would disagree with you in that regard, look at how devastating he was during his peak and then compare that with his 2nd run where he failed without the same level off effort, he was past his peak but still did not maximise his chances. Look at someone like Wladmir Klitchko for example, at 40+ years of age he almost beat a younger and hungrier fighter in Joshua given his hard work / dedication.

Am not denying that there are instances where people are born with distinct gifts which are supremely advantageous over the next man but if you don't work hard it will all go down to waste, many think that Tyson just showed up and won fights but that's not the case, the level of training and hard work required at the elite level is unreal. They never take a day off and put their body and mind through some extremely gruelling training regimes.

Paulie Malignagi is a fighter who had to endure some unfortunate instances where multiple operations were performed on his hands which limited his power, but he worked hard and still became world champion due to his work ethic and in-ring ability. Power will only get you so far but you need to work hard and have finesse to, Tyson when he was working hard and employed the peek-a-boo style there was no beating him given the finesse, head movement, combination punching and excellent traps he set on the inside. A fighter with nothing but power itself is like a headless chicken in the ring, his best chance is a punchers chance as they say; and that's what happened when he got in the ring with Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield....well maybe not Holyfield haha

Also, that 20inch neck did not grow itself mate nor did those broad shoulders. People also forget how tiny he was as a HW, he was practically handicapped ! 5ft 11 ! He worked hard on his fitness, technique and his power/speed were perfected day in day out. Force equals to mass multiplied by acceleration, one of Tysons fundamental qualities which resulted in that power was his insane speed for a man his size ! now there are drills to improve said speed and technique especially important, you can improve it by shadowboxing, add resistance to your fists, punch for endurance, the spedbag/double-endbag and make use of explosive full body workouts; may sound silly but medicine ball push ups, pull ups, short sprints and jump rope etc all go a long way in improving your speed via resistance training.

Many times we always see an insane talent but it's so easy to fall into a trap and say they are born this way but no one looks at how they work harder then anyone else, just ask any fighter or fan who has been to mayweathers gym in vegas; no on and I mean no one! in boxing today trains harder then him

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyson was the most unintentionally funny person on the planet. Anything that came out of his mouth was pure gold. But even after his prime, nobody messed with him, both in and outside the ring. Fat Joe tells a story of how one time he and his friend were cornered by 6 bouncers but as soon as they heard Mike saying, " Yo Fat Joe lets beat these guys up!", they left in a hurry. This was around 2000.

" I'm on this **** to keep me from killing y'all "
    " Anybody know Fridays' full name, I broke my back "

" I don' talk to women unless I fornicate with them, so you should stop, unless, you know..."

But he's become a teddy bear in recent years so all the best to him.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 12th October 2017 at 14:07.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Tyson was the most unintentionally funny person on the planet. Anything that came out of his mouth was pure gold. But even after his prime, nobody messed with him, both in and outside the ring. Fat Joe tells a story of how one time he and his friend were cornered by 6 bouncers but as soon as they heard Mike saying, " Yo Fat Joe lets beat these guys up!", they left in a hurry. This was around 2000.

" I'm on this **** to keep me from killing y'all "
    " Anybody know Fridays' full name, I broke my back "
    " I don' talk to women unless I fornicate with them, so you should stop, unless, you know..."
    But he's become a teddy bear in recent years so all the best to him.

That was during the phase where he had completely lost the plot, abused a lot of drugs and his drink. You missed another famous press conference, not the one where he bit Lennox's leg but I think he was calling a reporter or someone the F word lol and really went off. During those troubles no one wanted to work with him especially after he bit Holyfields ear and Vince gave him some work during the build to Austin v HBK at WM 14 it was genius move because the event was successful and generated mainstream press, Tyson was also a big wrestling fan so it was easier for Vince to bring him in. And more recently Ronda Rousey is also a fan and they're looking to bring her in now that her MMA careers is in tatters as well.

But yeah, he's in a better place now and has learned from all those experiences. Was worried he'd fall off when his little girl passed away in a very unfortunate accident but he remained strong throughout, great to see him recover well given all that he had lost not just from a personal stand point but financial as well. He may have even earned more then Floyd during his career but was easily exploited and not smart with his money at the same time while Floyd learned from his peers, made smart investments and created his own brand having realised the nature of folk he worked with who never paid him what he was worth and were very scheming.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 12th October 2017 at 14:53.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was during the phase where he had completely lost the plot, abused a lot of drugs and his drink. You missed another famous press conference, not the one where he bit Lennox's leg but I think he was calling a reporter or someone the F word lol and really went off. During those troubles no one wanted to work with him especially after he bit Holyfields ear and Vince gave him some work during the build to Austin v HBK at WM 14 it was genius move because the event was successful and generated mainstream press, Tyson was also a big wrestling fan so it was easier for Vince to bring him in. And more recently Ronda Rousey is also a fan and they're looking to bring her in now that her MMA careers is in tatters as well.

But yeah, he's in a better place now and has learned from all those experiences. Was worried he'd fall off when his little girl passed away in a very unfortunate accident but he remained strong throughout, great to see him recover well given all that he had lost not just from a personal stand point but financial as well. He may have even earned more then Floyd during his career but was easily exploited and not smart with his money at the same time while Floyd learned from his peers, made smart investments and created his own brand having realised the nature of folk he worked with who never paid him what he was worth and were very scheming.
    Any fighter who got with Don King lost their money.
    Chris Rock: " Where do you get that money from?"
    Don King: " I create the money ".

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Any fighter who got with Don King lost their money.
    Chris Rock: " Where do you get that money from?"
    Don King: " I create the money ".
    lmao Speaking off that douche, it brings other famous quotes from Tyson:

“King is a wretched, slimy, reptilian mother (expletive)"

“He would kill his own mother for a dollar. He’s ruthless, he’s deplorable, he’s greedy and he doesn’t know how to love anybody.”

The Don was also charged for killing two men and investigated for connections to a notorious mobster, he basically got a slap on his wrist for it with a sentence which constituted less than 4 years. He seems to get away with everything and all the exploitation of guys who fought under his stable

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lmao Speaking off that douche, it brings other famous quotes from Tyson:

“King is a wretched, slimy, reptilian mother (expletive)"

“He would kill his own mother for a dollar. He’s ruthless, he’s deplorable, he’s greedy and he doesn’t know how to love anybody.”

The Don was also charged for killing two men and investigated for connections to a notorious mobster, he basically got a slap on his wrist for it with a sentence which constituted less than 4 years. He seems to get away with everything and all the exploitation of guys who fought under his stable
    The guy knows how to talk his way out of trouble. He has a flashy smile but he's a monster underneath. But it is a great American success story. Went to jail for manslaughter, studied Shakespeare and mastered the English language, became the most powerful boxing promoter. He set up the Rumble in the Jungle with no funds!!! He's like Malcolm X without the human decency of course.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The guy knows how to talk his way out of trouble. He has a flashy smile but he's a monster underneath. But it is a great American success story. Went to jail for manslaughter, studied Shakespeare and mastered the English language, became the most powerful boxing promoter. He set up the Rumble in the Jungle with no funds!!! He's like Malcolm X without the human decency of course.
    You're onto something here mate, you could make a movie out of that an Idiocracy spin off, @Markhor all time favourite film

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't think there's been a better knock out boxer than Tyson.

Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Julian Jackson, Tommy Hearns at welter

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    @Red Devil Don't think you will beat the best tesco assistant in the world at Kabbadi by not training properly, I will expose you
    Me at the press conference before our highly anticipated kabaddi match

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Me at the press conference before our highly anticipated kabaddi match

This would be me :

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@KingKhanWC @TQ89
    Yeah this one is the best and there is another i quote i liked very much even though he was over-reacting that time but somehow the words stuck. It went something like this "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm ferocious. I want his heart. I want to eat his children".

Of course you can look up the original quote to see what he had actually said cause it was a minute long tirade from tyson and he surprised many with his vocabulary.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miandadrules View Post
    Julian Jackson, Tommy Hearns at welter
    Maybe he was referring to the Heavyweight division alone because Tyson's only competition there would be Liston, Frazier, Foreman, Joe Louis and The Rock but Tyson would still make my all time P4P top 10 list when it comes to the best punchers across all the divisions. P4P Jimmy Wilde is the greatest puncher ever for me, the mighty atom as they liked to call him has 99 KO's from his 132 wins ! )) and has to be arguably the greatest british fighter ever

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Tyson himself would disagree with you in that regard, look at how devastating he was during his peak and then compare that with his 2nd run where he failed without the same level off effort, he was past his peak but still did not maximise his chances. Look at someone like Wladmir Klitchko for example, at 40+ years of age he almost beat a younger and hungrier fighter in Joshua given his hard work / dedication.

Am not denying that there are instances where people are born with distinct gifts which are supremely advantageous over the next man but if you don't work hard it will all go down to waste, many think that Tyson just showed up and won fights but that's not the case, the level of training and hard work required at the elite level is unreal. They never take a day off and put their body and mind through some extremely gruelling training regimes.

Paulie Malignagi is a fighter who had to endure some unfortunate instances where multiple operations were performed on his hands which limited his power, but he worked hard and still became world champion due to his work ethic and in-ring ability. Power will only get you so far but you need to work hard and have finesse to, Tyson when he was working hard and employed the peek-a-boo style there was no beating him given the finesse, head movement, combination punching and excellent traps he set on the inside. A fighter with nothing but power itself is like a headless chicken in the ring, his best chance is a punchers chance as they say; and that's what happened when he got in the ring with Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield....well maybe not Holyfield haha

Also, that 20inch neck did not grow itself mate nor did those broad shoulders. People also forget how tiny he was as a HW, he was practically handicapped ! 5ft 11 ! He worked hard on his fitness, technique and his power/speed were perfected day in day out. Force equals to mass multiplied by acceleration, one of Tysons fundamental qualities which resulted in that power was his insane speed for a man his size ! now there are drills to improve said speed and technique especially important, you can improve it by shadowboxing, add resistance to your fists, punch for endurance, the spedbag/double-endbag and make use of explosive full body workouts; may sound silly but medicine ball push ups, pull ups, short sprints and jump rope etc all go a long way in improving your speed via resistance training.

Many times we always see an insane talent but it's so easy to fall into a trap and say they are born this way but no one looks at how they work harder then anyone else, just ask any fighter or fan who has been to mayweathers gym in vegas; no on and I mean no one! in boxing today trains harder then him
    This is the most freakish thing about him from a physical standpoint. For a heavyweight and that too being pressure fighter/swarmer, he had a very short reach and was always at a disadvantage when facing tall guys with long reach. Almost every guy that he faced from 1986-1988 had a better reach than him, was significantly taller than him & had good jabs.

But still Tyson would somehow render their reach/height advantage and jab's useless with his speed & conditioning. Peak Tyson was power plus speed plus immaculate boxing IQ where he knew his opponents game inside out and would out-maneuver them no matter what they tried . He was such a scientific pressure fighter who made what he did look like a piece of cake. Sadly all that talent went to waste because of his negative habits.

Man I am off to watch his 1986 berbick fight for the umpteenth time now and probably learn how to manhandle guys that are bigger than you

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TQ89 View Post
    This is the most freakish thing about him from a physical standpoint. For a heavyweight and that too being pressure fighter/swarmer, he had a very short reach and was always at a disadvantage when facing tall guys with long reach. Almost every guy that he faced from 1986-1988 had a better reach than him, was significantly taller than him & had good jabs.

But still Tyson would somehow render their reach/height advantage and jab's useless with his speed & conditioning. Peak Tyson was power plus speed plus immaculate boxing IQ where he knew his opponents game inside out and would out-maneuver them no matter what they tried . He was such a scientific pressure fighter who made what he did look like a piece of cake. Sadly all that talent went to waste because of his negative habits.

Man I am off to watch his 1986 berbick fight for the umpteenth time now and probably learn how to manhandle guys that are bigger than you
    Good points, folk overlook his lack of physical attributes as a HW because he knocked them over like flies; but to have success with no height/reach you need to be perfect on every stand point from the POV of your technique and game-plan; there's simply no room for error and as you say he was amazing at cutting off his opponents and maneuvering them around the ring as he pleased. It was all made to look very easy but behind the scenes it took thousands of hours to fine tune his craft, just have a look at some of his old training video's bah gawd.

I've also read that he never took sparring lightly and went in full throttle, there are stories of fighters doing 1 round with him and just walking out after that whilst giving no reason at all , blokes that had a reputation for being as tough as nails would tap out. Every aspect of his body of work was truly exceptional during those days when he was at the peak of his powers, it's not fair to Tyson either to simply suggest he was all born with it; if folk put some gloves on then they'd know what I mean

Besides his documentary the undisputed one, is there any prominent dvd which consists of a compilation of his fights in HD ? they would sell bucket loads of them, someone needs to repackage his biggest events and re-release them. Am guessing licensing always gets in the way of such projects those TV networks interfere with their filthy paws

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@KingKhanWC @TQ89
    I love that quote. AS you know in boxing all plans go out the window when your jaw starts to rattle like a snake. Great OP btw, Tysons skills were not enough to make him world champion at such an early age, he worked incredibly hard and also had great guidance from his legendary coach.

Talent without hard work and dedication is worthless.

This quote epitomes Iron Mike for me

"I just want to conquer people and their souls."

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    You should look up Roberto "Hands of Stone" Duran

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good points, folk overlook his lack of physical attributes as a HW because he knocked them over like flies; but to have success with no height/reach you need to be perfect on every stand point from the POV of your technique and game-plan; there's simply no room for error and as you say he was amazing at cutting off his opponents and maneuvering them around the ring as he pleased. It was all made to look very easy but behind the scenes it took thousands of hours to fine tune his craft, just have a look at some of his old training video's bah gawd.

I've also read that he never took sparring lightly and went in full throttle, there are stories of fighters doing 1 round with him and just walking out after that whilst giving no reason at all , blokes that had a reputation for being as tough as nails would tap out. Every aspect of his body of work was truly exceptional during those days when he was at the peak of his powers, it's not fair to Tyson either to simply suggest he was all born with it; if folk put some gloves on then they'd know what I mean

Besides his documentary the undisputed one, is there any prominent dvd which consists of a compilation of his fights in HD ? they would sell bucket loads of them, someone needs to repackage his biggest events and re-release them. Am guessing licensing always gets in the way of such projects those TV networks interfere with their filthy paws
    You gotta give Cus d'amato credit for making tyson into a fighting machine. He saw this indisciplined kid at age of 12 and saw opportunities whereas others saw physical & mental shortcomings. Tyson's whole regimen was designed by Cus to keep tyson well conditioned and to keep him from becoming mentally distracted. Folks at sherdog always used to speak in awe of Cus ability to evaluate his fighter physically as well as psychologically and hitting the right buttons for them. Tyson is his finest example

After his death, we saw how much of a difference he was in Tyson's life. Man I so wish sometimes that perhaps he should have lived more.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@shaz619 But Shazzy boy, Didn't Ali's natural height and athleticism play a huge role in him becoming the GOAT ? You could say the same about another ATG - Usain Bolt, no amount of hard work or conditioning could';ve helped you beat him at his peak ..

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    @shaz619 But Shazzy boy, Didn't Ali's natural height and athleticism play a huge role in him becoming the GOAT ? You could say the same about another ATG - Usain Bolt, no amount of hard work or conditioning could';ve helped you beat him at his peak ..
    There are many fighters with the natural height and athleticism, but I don't think people have paid attention to how hard Ali trained; he was not meant to dethrone a prime foreman who was running through some of the greatest heavyweights ever during the golden age. Ali for all his skill and greatness should have folded within 6 rounds, he was old, past his prime and had been inactive for a long period. You should watch the when we were kings documentary to see glimpses of his training in preparation for the rumble in the jungle. And we've seen what came of Tyson when he didn't put the work in, he was past his prime but so was Ali during his second run. While Tyson became the undisputed champion regardless he could have done more, Ali on the other hand would go onto defeat Foreman, Frazier and Ken Norton as he'd reign as the worlds champion once more between 1974-1977; if he just showed up and got the wins during his prime years, what of his run in the aftermath of his suspension when your body doesn't respond the way it use to and in the ring that age certainly shows because you're not reacting to punches like you once did, your feet are not as lighter and the speed/power doesn't have as much sizzle, but what got him through was his training and in-ring IQ; we're talking about fighters in those days who use to enter contests scheduled for 15 brutal championship rounds.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TQ89 View Post
    You gotta give Cus d'amato credit for making tyson into a fighting machine. He saw this indisciplined kid at age of 12 and saw opportunities whereas others saw physical & mental shortcomings. Tyson's whole regimen was designed by Cus to keep tyson well conditioned and to keep him from becoming mentally distracted. Folks at sherdog always used to speak in awe of Cus ability to evaluate his fighter physically as well as psychologically and hitting the right buttons for them. Tyson is his finest example

After his death, we saw how much of a difference he was in Tyson's life. Man I so wish sometimes that perhaps he should have lived more.
    Cus deserves so much credit and we also have to take our hat off to Kevin Rooney as well because he implemented Cus's teachings so well and when Kevin was in Tyson's corner he never lost a fight ! that's a great point on the psychological aspect of Cus's training, there's a lot of footage where he's giving Tyson so many life lessons and the two had such a special bond, I don't think Tyson loved anyone more then him. The relation between Rocky and Mickey from the movies is based on Tyson and Cus as well, in one of the scenes in Rocky V Mikey repeats the same words Cus did to Tyson about remaining motivated to stay alive because Tyson gives him that reason to live and wanting to see him do well.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I love that quote. AS you know in boxing all plans go out the window when your jaw starts to rattle like a snake. Great OP btw, Tysons skills were not enough to make him world champion at such an early age, he worked incredibly hard and also had great guidance from his legendary coach.

Talent without hard work and dedication is worthless.

This quote epitomes Iron Mike for me

"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
    All his quotes are so awesome, another factor which we tend to overlook about Tyson is that he was a master of mind games! he'd be the first to tell you himself, he feasted on gaining a psychological advantage and while he himself would be fearful before getting in the ring he said he'd need to maintain that ruthless aura whether in the ring, during interviews or just staring at you like a hawk; it was all to gain an advantage and play up his reputation even more. That's why he's a big fan of Ronda Rousey as @TQ89 would tell us as well, Ronda often utilized the same tactics during her ring walk and drew comparisons to Tyson given the nature of how quick she'd end her opponents in the ring. Am not sure but I think Ronda is a big fan of Tyson as well, she hates Floyd though then again everyone does lol

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All his quotes are so awesome, another factor which we tend to overlook about Tyson is that he was a master of mind games! he'd be the first to tell you himself, he feasted on gaining a psychological advantage and while he himself would be fearful before getting in the ring he said he'd need to maintain that ruthless aura whether in the ring, during interviews or just staring at you like a hawk; it was all to gain an advantage and play up his reputation even more. That's why he's a big fan of Ronda Rousey as @TQ89 would tell us as well, Ronda often utilized the same tactics during her ring walk and drew comparisons to Tyson given the nature of how quick she'd end her opponents in the ring. Am not sure but I think Ronda is a big fan of Tyson as well, she hates Floyd though then again everyone does lol
    Yeah they way he used to eyeball his opponents like a predator who is about to eat his prey when ref was explaining the rules before the beginning of fight was legendary. Man I was a big fan of ronda but her behavior after ufc 193 she has just lost everybody's respect. All that trash talking about wanting to beat floyd, picking on ufc octagon girls and karma served her right when she got stopped by female boxing legend holms & walked out like a coward. Then no press conference or interviews before/after ufc 207 and little training dupes at ufc 207. She & Dana cheated the PPV buyig folks big time at UFC 207. Her purpose was just there to collect cheque and it was clear she hadn't even trained properly for nunes.

In the grit department, I respect & love tyson cause he faced lot of personal as well as professional tragedies, still the dude is resilient as hell. I remember one interview where he was asked a question about his daughter's death and he was trying to explain to they guy that he just started to contemplate suicide. Man just when he was speaking about holding a gun to his head, he teared up and you could see his eyes change as if he was possessed by someone. He then restrained himself and took control of the situation so as not to say something mean to the reporter & later apologized for it. But you could clearly see he was still hurting. Man my heart goes out so such a tortured man. Ronda and him don't even belong in the same sentence. She doesn't even have one percent of his courage/resilience.