Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Eminem lambastes Donald Trump in freestyle rap

Eminem has released a lyrical tirade against Donald Trump, and called on any of his fans who support the president to choose a side. The rapper took aim at Trump in a freestyle rap video that aired as part of BET's hip-hop awards on Tuesday night. Eminem focused several times on Trump's ongoing campaign against NFL national anthem protests, rapping: ‘So we focus on that instead of talking Puerto Rico or gun reform for Nevada. All these horrible tragedies and he's bored and would rather cause a Twitter storm with the Packers’

https://www.theguardian.com/music/vi...tyle-rap-video

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Killed it @shaz619 @aliasad1998 @TM Riddle @SandyB

Eminem probably does what he believes in.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an idiot!

Its been years maybe even a decade since Eminem stop being relevant. Now using this lame attempt to get back into the limelight.

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    What an idiot!

Its been years maybe even a decade since Eminem stop being relevant. Now using this lame attempt to get back into the limelight.
    If this was true he wouldn’t be getting praised by fellow current and seasoned artists.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post

That was dope

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why is he acting like he has seizures.. an irrelevant celebrity trying to benefit from the gravy train of anti trumpism..which is fashionable among so called liberals. Let these hyenas feed off the morsels Trump keeps dropping for them.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    wowser! Lets see if Trump responds.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Why is he acting like he has seizures.. an irrelevant celebrity trying to benefit from the gravy train of anti trumpism..which is fashionable among so called liberals. Let these hyenas feed off the morsels Trump keeps dropping for them.
    I like that humor.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pretty clever stunt by this has been, Trump haters are not very smart people so he will make a good amount of money from them.

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That strong worded anti trump campaign diss thing he did during the lead up to the elections quickly became irrelevant and so will this one, nothing new here, just record companies and their marketing people doing a good job.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Pretty clever stunt by this has been, Trump haters are not very smart people so he will make a good amount of money from them.
    I am amazed that Trump has haters! Pretty likeable guy.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Indians seem to love Trump, even those Indians that immigrated elsewhere and now call themselves British, American or Australians.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Indians seem to love Trump, even those Indians that immigrated elsewhere and now call themselves British, American or Australians.
    Trump must be doing something good if Indians love him. The same Indians who are world famous for being Gandhi, Buddha and Mandela followers. Anyway topic is about Eminem's publicity stunt and Trump, so won't focus on Indians.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump must be doing something good if Indians love him. The same Indians who are world famous for being Gandhi, Buddha and Mandela followers. Anyway topic is about Eminem's publicity stunt and Trump, so won't focus on Indians.
    Indians love him because of this false sense of nationality he espouses born out of huge insecurity.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Indians love him because of this false sense of nationality he espouses born out of huge insecurity.
    What kind of insecurity? He is the most secure and self assured President I have seen, who doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. Treats the media like the filth they are and deserve to be treated. Wish world gets to see more Leaders like Trump.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of insecurity? He is the most secure and self assured President I have seen, who doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. Treats the media like the filth they are and deserve to be treated. Wish world gets to see more Leaders like Trump.

Insecurity manifests in many ways.

Hands gate and his replies to the media on it.

Groap gate and the locker room tape.
    That audio displays huge insecurity.

His tweets against pretty much everyone including, at times, his own staff.

So he tracked critisim just about as well as most of the Indians who frequent this board.

Four times bankrupt, huge lawsuits settled out of court, numerous businesses collapsing with many poor people left out of pocket..

Speaches on economy, healthcare and the wall/immigration that sound like rants of an oaf that are devoid of any intellect...

How much more?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Ok can we stop the indian thing now!?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Ok can we stop the indian thing now!?
    Ok

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Absolutely owned Trump!!

What a legend Em is. My respect for him increased.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was DOPE. I had given up on EM in the past few years, him depending on featured acts like Rihanna to sell his songs. But this was the S#!T . . ! There where some really poignant lines there. My favourite was "having just come back from Iraq, told to go back to Africa " ..!

One thing you need to note is that there is a HUGE overlap between Eminem and Trumps fanbases, i,e, Angry white men from the rust belt ! So Eminem is risking alienating a considerable part of his fanbase here. This same fanbase is what made him a star initially, back when hip-hop wasn't this big international and a purely "Black" genre.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant by Eminem.I see Trump lovers slandering him all over social media.

Eminem also has a new album coming soon.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    You should try paying more attention to politics instead of trolling. Trump's defining trait is insecurity.

Why the continual need to bash the press - if you're a strong leader why should you care about what journalists write about you if you're doing what you think is right ? Why the constant need to lie about his wealth and boast about his IQ ?

After Sec of State Rex Tillerson reportedly described Trump as a mor-on, Trump felt the need to come out with this gem:

“I think it's fake news,” Trump said, “but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win.
    Smart people don't feel the need to proclaim their intelligence in public repeatedly.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    You should try paying more attention to politics instead of trolling. Trump's defining trait is insecurity.

Why the continual need to bash the press - if you're a strong leader why should you care about what journalists write about you if you're doing what you think is right ? Why the constant need to lie about his wealth and boast about his IQ ?

Smart people don't feel the need to proclaim their intelligence in public repeatedly.
    That’s true about smart people and also of those who start by saying “do you think i’m Stupid?”

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post

It was really good, one of his best free-styles I've listened to of his. Not sure why people have their knickers in a twist over this, he's an all time great in the genre of hip hop. Maybe the content didn't sit too well with their out dated and narrow minded views, they'd rather he give Trump a Tickle.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trumps Response:

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  96.7 KB

Anyone whose heard the song 'Stan' will know where this is from

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Does anyone take seriously what rappers have to say except for the teens who think its cool to be like them?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Does anyone take seriously what rappers have to say except for the teens who think its cool to be like them?
    RAP and R&B are the biggest music genres in the world. I don't like it too much but it is very popular. You should see the attendance of Coachella...there's more 40+ than younger ppl.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Rap is Crap. An abomination in the name of music and art.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    RAP and R&B are the biggest music genres in the world. I don't like it too much but it is very popular. You should see the attendance of Coachella...there's more 40+ than younger ppl.
    Not denying that Rap is not popular. But what they say should be taken as a joke. All these rappers Rap about the hood drug problems, guns, baby mommas.... while living in million dollar mansions.

Rappers should stick to Gold chains/grills, Platinum rims and beaches. It all looks cool when you are a teen and try to rebel the system. Once you cross 25, Rappers will start to look like clowns.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Used to look down upon rap..but now see that it gives the youth with no motivation, a sense of identity..a medium to express their frustration..and make some sense of their difficult childhood and void in their lives.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not denying that Rap is not popular. But what they say should be taken as a joke. All these rappers Rap about the hood drug problems, guns, baby mommas.... while living in million dollar mansions.

Rappers should stick to Gold chains/grills, Platinum rims and beaches. It all looks cool when you are a teen and try to rebel the system. Once you cross 25, Rappers will start to look like clowns.
    It's a little deeper than that. Yuu have to realize Rap music is made by the Black community for themselves. It's how their lives are despite their million dollar mansions. Just look at Mayweather he is a 40+ year old that still lives the same lifestyle. That's how the hood culture is.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    610 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Rap is Crap. An abomination in the name of music and art.
    You're not listening to the right stuff. There is some wonderful poetry.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    If you talk about difficult childhood, single mother, drugs, violence, abuse..then it is obviously wonderful poetry.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I am afraid it is not my cup of tea.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol people are so quick to ridicule anything they don't like as being crap.. Jist because someone doesn't like a genre doesn't mean it's crap there are plenty of people who enjoy that kind of music so it's for them not for you.. Just don't listen simple..

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    610 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If you talk about difficult childhood, single mother, drugs, violence, abuse..then it is obviously wonderful poetry.
    Also more complex sophisticated stuff than that by more educated rappers. Have a listen to Soweto Kinch's 'Legend of Mike Smith' about a young rapper trying to get a record deal, facing trials expressed as a modern urban reframe of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also more complex sophisticated stuff than that by more educated rappers. Have a listen to Soweto Kinch's 'Legend of Mike Smith' about a young rapper trying to get a record deal, facing trials expressed as a modern urban reframe of the Seven Deadly Sins.
    rap doesnt have to be "complex sophisticated stuff" to get respect. it wont be rap if it gets respect. it is the music of sewers, the underbelly of society, the crap. an important genre.. too many people focus on romance and philosophy in songs, but rap talks about the crap no one wants to talk about.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how some posters would have reacted if it was John Legend or Taylor Swift who wrote a song dissing Trump...

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not to forget, Getting shot multiple times to get some more street cred.

A lot of these Rappers and many any black folks cry about how the Whites have destroyed their nubian culture. But as soon as they climb up the social ladder, they only date non-black (white/hispanic) women and have babies with them.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is a great rapper and I was really enjoying listening to this until the fool started praising Obama.

Get rapper but idiot when it comes to political rap, he has no clue. He should listen to the likes of Immortal Technique.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to forget, Getting shot multiple times to get some more street cred.

A lot of these Rappers and many any black folks cry about how the Whites have destroyed their nubian culture. But as soon as they climb up the social ladder, they only date non-black (white/hispanic) women and have babies with them.
    I think if I had written this it would haven deleted by the mods.. thankfully I don’t share your views.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Eminem is my favourite rapper of all time. I don't care what kind of flow he has on his next album. I absolutely can't wait for it. Rap these days is garbage and he needs to save it (saving rap was a big theme in The Eminem Show)

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's getting praised because he's from rust belt sticking up for the blacks and exposing Trump for what he is - A fraud and a bully so about time the bully tasted some of his own medicine.

Respect to Eminem cause that took courage.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post
    If this was true he wouldn’t be getting praised by fellow current and seasoned artists.
    See that's the thing. When you start writing stuff to get praise from your peers and people in general, you've already lost the game. Their is a strong whiff of political correctness in this "free style" rap. A younger Eminem would have mocked the desperation for relevance and likability in this supposed "masterpiece". Eminem does better when he is inventing arrangements to communicate his thoughts rather than spewing cliched headlines out of main stream media outlets. The drawing the line in the sand part is the most laughable. As if people really care about the political views of celebrities. If that would have been the case then Trump would have gotten less than 10% of the vote.

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    See that's the thing. When you start writing stuff to get praise from your peers and people in general, you've already lost the game. Their is a strong whiff of political correctness in this "free style" rap. A younger Eminem would have mocked the desperation for relevance and likability in this supposed "masterpiece". Eminem does better when he is inventing arrangements to communicate his thoughts rather than spewing cliched headlines out of main stream media outlets. The drawing the line in the sand part is the most laughable. As if people really care about the political views of celebrities. If that would have been the case then Trump would have gotten less than 10% of the vote.
    Not sure why you have taken this so seriously with your knickers in a twist. This 'to stay relevant' nonesense is the sort of crap which would be spewed by the likes of Taylor Swift, he's an artist who is an ATG in hip hop and he's obviously not as active anymore because his time has come and gone, if he wanted to 'stay relevant' he could release a new studio album which would be light years ahead of the nonesensical rubbish people listen to today, he obviously feels strongly about the politics in his country recently and has made a minor freestyle, so what?

You also seem to be ignorant thinking this is something which has happened for the first time, there's an entire genre of political rap and there have been some who people actually did care about what they had to say you virtual reality posting 'relevant' snob bestow upon us your advanced burn.
    Last edited by shaz619; 14th October 2017 at 09:41.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Not sure why you have taken this so seriously with your knickers in a twist. This 'to stay relevant' nonesense is the sort of crap which would be spewed by the likes of Taylor Swift, he's an artist who is an ATG in hip hop and he's obviously not as active anymore because his time has come and gone, if he wanted to 'stay relevant' he could release a new studio album which would be light years ahead of the nonesensical rubbish people listen to today, he obviously feels strongly about the politics in his country recently and has made a minor freestyle, so what?

You also seem to be ignorant thinking this is something which has happened for the first time, there's an entire genre of political rap and there have been some who people actually did care about what they had to say you virtual reality posting 'relevant' snob bestow upon us your advanced burn.
    Now who is really getting their "knickers in a twist". By the way, if I got a dime every time a poster on this forum wrote "knickers in a twist or panties in a twist", I'd be a rich man.

He may be the ATG but he is disgracing himself with stunts like these which are imbued with his ambivalence about his own influence and his admirers. The Eminem of fifteen years ago hated litmus tests and enjoyed blurring the line between his fantasies and reality. Now instead of being true to what made him great when critics pondered his vicious conceptual extravagance and fans granted him the mantle of premier hazardous artist, he has sold out to join the loud self-important feel good PC chorus of anti-Trumpers for a few more "like" buttons. Forget the message, even the structure of the freestyle was scattered and disjointed. Compare that to his freestyle chops in 8 Mile and one is left wanting.

― Oscar Wilde