Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 88
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    7,711
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Finally an Indian broadcaster for Pakistan Super League!

    Pakistan Super League has finally got a broadcaster for India. DSport will broadcast the PSL action in India from the third season in 2018.

    The broadcaster and the Pakistan Cricket Board have executed the broadcast deal. An official announcement is expected soon. Insidesport desk tried to contact DSport for an official reaction, but there was no response.

    The deal is apparently a win-win situation for the broadcaster and the Pakistan Cricket Board, who had failed to find a broadcaster in India for the first two seasons.

    DSport India, trying to establish itself in the Indian sports broadcast market, had not acquired any major cricketing property. The Discovery Communications owned broadcast network had picked out the Indian Premier League Request For Proposal papers. However, it did not make a bid for the rights that Star India acquired for INR 16,347 crore.

    The Pakistan Super League, Pakistan Cricket Boardís official league, was launched in September 2015. The first edition was won by Islamabad United. Peshawar Zalmiís won the next edition this year, while Quetta Gladiators were the runner-ups for both the seasons.

    The six team league had reported a profit of US$2.6 million for the inaugural season in 2016.

    https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https...2017/&hl=en-IN

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    392
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardly anyone in India has subscribed for DSports.

    It doesn't come with sports package and not will opt for it.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    108,361
    Mentioned
    1973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_guy View Post
    Hardly anyone in India has subscribed for DSports.

    It doesn't come with sports package and not will opt for it.
    Those who are interested in PSL will subscribe


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    997
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now we will get to see Psl games on tv

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    392
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But only a few would.

    It will fail to properly tap the Indian market.

    One thing that may work in PSL's favour is if it gets good/decent viewership then other sports broadcasters like SONYESPN might acquire the rights for future editions.

    Neo sports(Neo network) would have been a much better option as compared to DSports since most of the d2h providers bundle up NEO sports with sports pack, but its not the case with DSports, one has buy that channel alone separate from sports pack.

    Even I was unable to watch worldXI tour to Pakistan on DSports since I didn't had it (I opted for cricket gateway.com as it was free).


    Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    108,361
    Mentioned
    1973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_guy View Post
    But only a few would.

    It will fail to properly tap the Indian market.

    One thing that may work in PSL's favour is if it gets good/decent viewership then other sports broadcasters like SONYESPN might acquire the rights for future editions.

    Neo sports(Neo network) would have been a much better option as compared to DSports since most of the d2h providers bundle up NEO sports with sports pack, but its not the case with DSports, one has buy that channel alone separate from sports pack.

    Even I was unable to watch worldXI tour to Pakistan on DSports since I didn't had it (I opted for cricket gateway.com as it was free).
    That people will decide. At the moment, PSL is the biggest threat to IPL (big gap now - but the only league likely to challenge for Asian non-Indian audiences) so expect some pressure on the sidelines for others not to show it in India. Lets hope better sense prevails and better broadcasters jump in.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    898
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_guy View Post
    But only a few would.

    It will fail to properly tap the Indian market.

    One thing that may work in PSL's favour is if it gets good/decent viewership then other sports broadcasters like SONYESPN might acquire the rights for future editions.

    Neo sports(Neo network) would have been a much better option as compared to DSports since most of the d2h providers bundle up NEO sports with sports pack, but its not the case with DSports, one has buy that channel alone separate from sports pack.

    Even I was unable to watch worldXI tour to Pakistan on DSports since I didn't had it (I opted for cricket gateway.com as it was free).
    Still, PCB would earn money. However little, from this deal. And that's all that matters now.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    456
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news
    Does anyone know who is broadcasting Pak vs Sri Lanka?

  9. #9
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    8,718
    Mentioned
    1864 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    DSports is covered by DEN network which is probably the widespread cable network in North India. So PSL should be accessible to many parts of India.


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,254
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Chennai I get Dsports for free.

    People here in Chennai, would watch, as they follow Pakistan cricket, a bit.

    Good thing for PSL is it's prior to IPL, so people won't be bored of T2Os

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,168
    Mentioned
    1554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    All other leagues are a telecast in India, PSL also will get a spot.Even though its on a little known channel, its better than nothing.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,168
    Mentioned
    1554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    That people will decide. At the moment, PSL is the biggest threat to IPL (big gap now - but the only league likely to challenge for Asian non-Indian audiences) so expect some pressure on the sidelines for others not to show it in India. Lets hope better sense prevails and better broadcasters jump in.
    With all due respect, PSL or anyother league isnt a challenge for IPL because the primary audience of IPL is Indian and thats not going anywhere.This the reason Indian players dont play anywhere, to pressrve the exclusivity.The peripheral audience will join in to watch if their favourite player is playing like aussies or Saffers.So its not a competition for IPL.

    Every league is telecast in India and there should be no issues woth telecast of PSL.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    706
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost all cricket happening worldwise is telecast in India. PSL is as much a threat to IPL as Zimbabwe vs West Indies test series is to Ashes.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,254
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSL will never be a threat to IPL. Atmost, it could be the second best league, but can never compete with IPL, even if whole PSL is played in Pakistan.

    As of now, it's

    IPL
    BBL
    CPL
    PSL

    POST IT'S PLAYED IN PAKISTAN, it would be,

    IPL
    PSL
    BBL
    EPL
    CPL
    GLT20
    BPL

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    997
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    PSL will never be a threat to IPL. Atmost, it could be the second best league, but can never compete with IPL, even if whole PSL is played in Pakistan.

    As of now, it's

    IPL
    BBL
    CPL
    PSL

    POST IT'S PLAYED IN PAKISTAN, it would be,

    IPL
    PSL
    BBL
    EPL
    CPL
    GLT20
    BPL
    no way psl can compete with bbl whether it is played in pakistan or anywhere in the world

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    3,660
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    That people will decide. At the moment, PSL is the biggest threat to IPL (big gap now - but the only league likely to challenge for Asian non-Indian audiences) so expect some pressure on the sidelines for others not to show it in India. Lets hope better sense prevails and better broadcasters jump in.
    PSL can earn money even from Indian markets and it's not even a competition unless their dates clash with Indian matches.

    Although people don't go to stadium to watch test matches, but organise 100 T20s in India and all stadiums will be full. Cricket viewership hasn't reached saturation yet when it comes to shorter format of the game. Indian team plays around 30 ODIs and 15 T20Is. 45 matches + IPL brings about 100+ days of cricket. Tests fill another 50 days but arent popular. Moreover IPL matches are packed in 2 months which means you get 100 days of cricket in 250-300 days of cricket.

    There is certainly market for more cricket.

    I know that posting references from some sites/twitter accounts isn't allowed here, but you can easily find references for last hour of Eng-WI test being watched by close 100k viewers on hotstar. That was a test match and hotstar is used mainly by Indian audience, that too by those who have access to smartphones. If a tournament played some well known names across the cricketing world is televised in India, it will easily get more viewers on TV. A new market of even 1 million or more (Indian) viewers on an average will add more profits to PSL without cutting down any profit for any Indian matches.
    Last edited by AlizeeFan; 13th October 2017 at 15:02.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    108,361
    Mentioned
    1973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    With all due respect, PSL or anyother league isnt a challenge for IPL because the primary audience of IPL is Indian and thats not going anywhere.This the reason Indian players dont play anywhere, to pressrve the exclusivity.The peripheral audience will join in to watch if their favourite player is playing like aussies or Saffers.So its not a competition for IPL.

    Every league is telecast in India and there should be no issues woth telecast of PSL.
    I seem to recall you telling us that IPL wanted to have exclusive rights on international players as well to stop them from playing elsewhere? if IPL is so exclusive, why the insecurity? Surely this isnt an issue.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    3,359
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Although PSL offers high quality and very competitive T20 games ; I believe IPL will remain the 'best' T20 league for a while.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Hyderabad, India
    Runs
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get it for free in Hyderabad on Hathway Cable Network

  20. #20
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Hyderabad, India
    Runs
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedz View Post
    Great news
    Does anyone know who is broadcasting Pak vs Sri Lanka?
    Sony Six

  21. #21
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Hyderabad, India
    Runs
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Many sports channels these days earlier there used to be only Star Sports and Espn.. now we have atleast 15

  22. #22
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    22,121
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbradman View Post
    So Many sports channels these days earlier there used to be only Star Sports and Espn.. now we have atleast 15
    None even close to the quality of those two.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  23. #23
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    22,121
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I haven't had cable for more than 1 and half years now,so not sure about the new channel, but many family homes probably are subscribed to some cable and they might get this for free in smaller areas unless its Tata sky/Airtel etc..

    PSL should put itself on youtube or facebook,Indian audience will watch it then.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,168
    Mentioned
    1554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I seem to recall you telling us that IPL wanted to have exclusive rights on international players as well to stop them from playing elsewhere? if IPL is so exclusive, why the insecurity? Surely this isnt an issue.
    Yes that was being discussed to give some top foreign players like Steve Smith or ABDV extra to only play IPL and their own domestic league to preserve their brand.But it was only a idea from couple of franchisees and not BCCI.

    The IPL has and will always have exclusivity on Indian players which will mean the Indian market will be intact.

    Remember SuperSports bid thrice the amount for IPL rights to Africa than they did for rights of their own Global T20.So IPL has huge value.

    Its also played at a time that virtually guarantees participation of Aussie SA and NZ players and atleast a month of Eng players.So scheduling wise also it has a huge advantage.

    Dont think anyone in BCCI or IPL is insecure of PSL, they are not even insecure of BBL or CPL.
    Last edited by cricketjoshila; 13th October 2017 at 15:34.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    24,137
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think the PSL is carving its own niche. I dont see it competing with the IPL just yet but I think its creating its own buzz and hype. Once it goes to Pakistan it will get the crowds too so a win win for the PCB. I wonder if the BCCI will lower its exclusivity for some Indian players to play in the PSL in the interest of the peace process..

    Even if one player is allowed (say a Yuvraj) it would boost the PSL immensely. But not sure the Ind govt at the moment would allow that. I think the BCCI wouldnt mind..

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,336
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    I think the PSL is carving its own niche. I dont see it competing with the IPL just yet but I think its creating its own buzz and hype. Once it goes to Pakistan it will get the crowds too so a win win for the PCB. I wonder if the BCCI will lower its exclusivity for some Indian players to play in the PSL in the interest of the peace process..

    Even if one player is allowed (say a Yuvraj) it would boost the PSL immensely. But not sure the Ind govt at the moment would allow that. I think the BCCI wouldnt mind..

    Its not BCCI rather its the franchises that would mind. They may have the deal with BCCI that Indian players will only be available for IPL. Apart from franchises, Govt relations arent going to get any better so i dont see Indian players in PSL or any other league ever, not that they are in need of cash as BCCI AND IPL is really looking after them.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is this Dsports? Never heard of it!

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    4,228
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    With all due respect, PSL or anyother league isnt a challenge for IPL because the primary audience of IPL is Indian and thats not going anywhere.This the reason Indian players dont play anywhere, to pressrve the exclusivity.The peripheral audience will join in to watch if their favourite player is playing like aussies or Saffers.So its not a competition for IPL.

    Every league is telecast in India and there should be no issues woth telecast of PSL.
    Pretty much agree with this. IPL is what it is because of the Indian audience and the same applies to Indian Cricket team. The Indian audience is what makes the money for both bilateral Indian series and IPL.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,168
    Mentioned
    1554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    I think the PSL is carving its own niche. I dont see it competing with the IPL just yet but I think its creating its own buzz and hype. Once it goes to Pakistan it will get the crowds too so a win win for the PCB. I wonder if the BCCI will lower its exclusivity for some Indian players to play in the PSL in the interest of the peace process..

    Even if one player is allowed (say a Yuvraj) it would boost the PSL immensely. But not sure the Ind govt at the moment would allow that. I think the BCCI wouldnt mind..
    You release player for one league, you have to justify to the other boards why will you not release them for their leagues. So BCCI took the easiest way out.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,083
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the heck is DSport ? LOL

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    40,946
    Mentioned
    1890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    I haven't had cable for more than 1 and half years now,so not sure about the new channel, but many family homes probably are subscribed to some cable and they might get this for free in smaller areas unless its Tata sky/Airtel etc..

    PSL should put itself on youtube or facebook,Indian audience will watch it then.
    Live HD streaming on YouTube but only for Pakistani audience. Should extend it to India as well.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    40,946
    Mentioned
    1890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What's a point of comparing leagues? I haven't seen a full IPL match in 8-9 years. I haven't seen even a little bit of CPL, BBL or BPL.

    For me PSL is the best league in the world because that is the only league I watch and am genuinely interested in.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,678
    Mentioned
    5989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    PSL or any other league will never "challenge" the IPL, but there is no need of a competition. PSL has a lot of room for growth and can become much better in the future.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,814
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    That people will decide. At the moment, PSL is the biggest threat to IPL (big gap now - but the only league likely to challenge for Asian non-Indian audiences) so expect some pressure on the sidelines for others not to show it in India. Lets hope better sense prevails and better broadcasters jump in.
    While I can see the PSL growing in popularity in India, I don't think it will challenge IPL. The simple fact is in these modern sports leagues, people usually root for their cities. I think a Bombayite would be hard pressed to decide who to support between Karachi and Lahore. Maybe some fans who want to see big name cricketers irrespective of who they play for will tune in.

    Good luck to the PSL. Peace and prosperity in any South Asian country is good for all South Asian countries.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,814
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Live HD streaming on YouTube but only for Pakistani audience. Should extend it to India as well.
    Live streaming on Youtube with advertisements specifically for Indian consumers could make the PSL a lot of money. Really not so much need for broadcast deals when there are alternatives like Youtube available.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    12,973
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH I don't really care much about these 20/20 leagues.

    However if the extra revenue the PCB gets is invested into domestic cricket then it's a good thing.

    However I'm sceptical if that's happening so we will have to wait and see.

  37. #37
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    22,121
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Live HD streaming on YouTube but only for Pakistani audience. Should extend it to India as well.
    If they want to market their product in India defn,data already has come down in rates coz reliance,they are missing a huge opportunity,this is still a start.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    11,365
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    PSL or any other league will never "challenge" the IPL, but there is no need of a competition. PSL has a lot of room for growth and can become much better in the future.
    This. Why it is required to replace one entity with another?

    IPL and PSL can Co exist together due to different target audience.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    11,780
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I would love to watch if it was on one of the existing channels I have..but not going to subscribe to a new channel.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    806
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone what's the amount or an approximate size of the amount this deal is of?


  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    7,711
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    DSPORT to broadcast HBL Pakistan Super League 2018

    DSPORT, a premium sports TV channel launched by Discovery Communications India, will broadcast the HBL Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2018. DSPORT will air LIVE & Exclusive all the 34 matches of the third edition of the premier T20 competition in Pakistan. Scheduled to begin on February 23, 2018, PSL will see participation from 6 teams including debutant Multan Sultans.

    The third edition of the HBL PSL is expected to get bigger and better with the addition of 10 extra games (24 games last season), one new team (Multan Sultans) and participation from some very prominent names in international T20 cricket. Among them are likes of the South African born English maverick Kevin Pietersen, Kiwi master blaster Brendon McCullum, Caribbean T20 stars Kieron Pollard, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine and Sri Lankan legend Kumar Sangakkara.

    Among local cricketers participating will be Pakistan cricket's biggest superstar Shahid Afridi and former captain Misbah-ul-Haq apart from present captain Sarfaraz Ahmed and all current national players including the likes of Mohammad Amir, new batting sensation Babar Azam and veteran all-rounder Shoaib Malik.

    Besides, the Pakistani superstars are joined by top-tier international players such as Mitchell Johnson (Australia), Chris Lynn (Australia), Mustafizur Rahman (Bangladesh), JP Duminy (South Africa) and Rashid Khan (Afghanistan). The player rosteralso includes Mitchell McClenaghan (New Zealand), Luke Ronchi (New Zealand), Colin Munro (New Zealand), Jason Holder (West Indies), Darren Bravo(West Indies), Evin Lewis (West Indies), Lendl Simmons (West Indies), James Vince (England), Tim Bresnan (England), Adil Rashid(England), John Hastings (Australia), Wayne Parnell (South Africa), Albie Morkel (South Africa), Imran Tahir (South Africa), Angelo Mathews (Sri Lanka).

    In a bid to form the initial teams, the five teams from the previous two seasons were allowed to retain two players each from the Platinum, Diamond and Gold category, and three from the Silver category. Multan Sultans were allowed to pick nine players from the five categories in the pre - draft which meant they only had the right to those players which the first five teams didn't retain in their squad.

    The player pool for the HBL PSL Player Draft 2017 will now consist of new signings along with players who were released during the retention window and went unpicked in the expansion draft.

    Following is the list of the players in each team before the draft:

    Teams

    PSL 2018 Teams Squad Players List

    Islamabad United

    Mohammad Sami, Andre Russell, Rumman Raees, Shadab Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Samuel Badree, Iftikhar Ahmed, Amad Butt, Asif Ali

    Karachi Kings

    Usman Khan, Usama Mir, Khurram Manzoor, Ravi Bopara, Imad Wasim, Babar Azam, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Rizwan, Shahid Afridi

    Peshawar Zalmi

    Mohammad Hafeez, Wahab Riaz, Shakib al Hasan, Kamran Akmal, Darren Sammy, Hasan Ali, Haris Sohail, Chris Jordan, Mohammad Asghar.

    Quetta Gladiators

    Sarfraz Ahmed, Kevin Pietersen, Rilee Rossouw, Mohammad Nawaz, Anwar Ali, Mahmudullah, Umar Amin, Mir Hamza, Asad Shafiq

    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/61120001.cms
    Last edited by giri26; 18th October 2017 at 10:54.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on dish tv, 654 is the channel number

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    706
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is a pay channel. I do not think a casual Indian cricket fan would subscribe to it just to watch PSL. This channel would need to become free to air if they want to find Indian audience.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    19,099
    Mentioned
    1499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by another drop catch View Post
    no way psl can compete with bbl whether it is played in pakistan or anywhere in the world
    PSL absolutely should overtake the BBL for foreign audiences.

    BBL will never have the same star power as the PSL and if you are not a local you are only watching for superstars.


    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    4,555
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Pakistan Super League has finally got a broadcaster for India. DSport will broadcast the PSL action in India from the third season in 2018.

    The broadcaster and the Pakistan Cricket Board have executed the broadcast deal. An official announcement is expected soon. Insidesport desk tried to contact DSport for an official reaction, but there was no response.

    The deal is apparently a win-win situation for the broadcaster and the Pakistan Cricket Board, who had failed to find a broadcaster in India for the first two seasons.

    DSport India, trying to establish itself in the Indian sports broadcast market, had not acquired any major cricketing property. The Discovery Communications owned broadcast network had picked out the Indian Premier League Request For Proposal papers. However, it did not make a bid for the rights that Star India acquired for INR 16,347 crore.

    The Pakistan Super League, Pakistan Cricket Board’s official league, was launched in September 2015. The first edition was won by Islamabad United. Peshawar Zalmi’s won the next edition this year, while Quetta Gladiators were the runner-ups for both the seasons.

    The six team league had reported a profit of US$2.6 million for the inaugural season in 2016.

    https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https...2017/&hl=en-IN
    DSport does come with sports package if you opt for all sports.

    Thank God for this.

    There is actually pretty big demand in India to watch Pakistan Super League.

    Really looking forward to it.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    392
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi 's 2017 league match highlights on DSports.


    Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

  47. #47
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,467
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will surely watch PSL if it comes on any channel. But won't buy a channel to watch it.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,467
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_guy View Post
    Watching Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi 's 2017 league match highlights on DSports.
    You bought DSports?

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    392
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    You bought DSports?
    Didn't need to buy it individually, it's already there with the pack


    Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

  50. #50
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,686
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of them.. probably a new channel.Anyways good for PSL I guess.... I mean if 2 people on a forum are already watching this channel then those are good signs that a significant amount out of a billion+ are watching Dsports as well.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure our Kashimi Brothers will be interested

  52. #52
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    265
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feeling really happy that DSPORTS is going to broadcast PSL 2018 . They r also showing highlights of some matches from PSL 2016 to create interest among people.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    265
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's available in my sport pack in dish tv

  54. #54
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    4,445
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very very good news and very happy though this channel is new and not much popular.It does come in airtel dish!! Very good news

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    77
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D Sports showed Pakistan vs World xi.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,266
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    awesome that indian fans will not suffer anymore about seeing PSL live; now how can I see PSL live in Canada?

  57. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,337
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    awesome that indian fans will not suffer anymore about seeing PSL live; now how can I see PSL live in Canada?
    I don't think there is an official broadcaster for the US and Canada currently. Can watch it on cricketgateway.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    40,946
    Mentioned
    1890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For Indian friends who will be tuning into PSL for the first time... Lahore Qalandars vs Karachi Kings is marque match of the tournament due to underlying competition between the two cities. You will find alot of banter between fans of both side before, during and after the match. However, truth be told the matches are a bit of an anti-climax.


    The best matches have been between Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi. The Islamabad team is good too but a bit on the boring side because of the number of oldies they have.


    Mein inko rolaonga


    NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chimpanzee chaiwala

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,560
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    For Indian friends who will be tuning into PSL for the first time... Lahore Qalandars vs Karachi Kings is marque match of the tournament due to underlying competition between the two cities. You will find alot of banter between fans of both side before, during and after the match. However, truth be told the matches are a bit of an anti-climax.


    The best matches have been between Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi. The Islamabad team is good too but a bit on the boring side because of the number of oldies they have.

    Look at the squad for this year and you won't see many oldies. In fact it's your precious Karachi,PZ, and your precious Sarfraz who have packed there sides with oldies.

    PS: those oldies have more PSL wins than Karachi. .

    #haterskeeponhating

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    40,946
    Mentioned
    1890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Look at the squad for this year and you won't see many oldies. In fact it's your precious Karachi,PZ, and your precious Sarfraz who have packed there sides with oldies.

    PS: those oldies have more PSL wins than Karachi. .

    #haterskeeponhating
    No need to get so defensive. I'm sure 44 year old never-was Misbah ul Haq would be flying around like Johnty in the field.


    Mein inko rolaonga


    NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chimpanzee chaiwala

  61. #61
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,560
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    No need to get so defensive. I'm sure 44 year old never-was Misbah ul Haq would be flying around like Johnty in the field.

    Just like overweight Sarfraz will be attempting those catches and dropping them

    44 year old Misbah is in better condition than peak Sarfraz .

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    40,946
    Mentioned
    1890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Just like overweight Sarfraz will be attempting those catches and dropping them

    44 year old Misbah is in better condition than peak Sarfraz .
    Well two wrongs don't make a right...


    but Sarfaraz has already won more in international cricket what Misbah could never manage


    Mein inko rolaonga


    NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chimpanzee chaiwala

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,560
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Well two wrongs don't make a right...


    but Sarfaraz has already won more in international cricket what Misbah could never manage

    Lol I support Pakistan so that really isn't much of a comeback as I do not care who is captain as long as Pakistan win . So bravo . It's just hilarious how you Sarfraz fan boys get so defensive.

    I have seen you been critical of Azhar Ali selection in ODI and rightly so but your fustration should be taken out on your pressure Sarfraz. As according to @sarfiBabarHarris , Sarfraz likes to have team players in his team. Azhar falls into this category so instead of bashing his selection , you need to try and defend it since your favourite is the one who is behind his selection

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    40,946
    Mentioned
    1890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Lol I support Pakistan so that really isn't much of a comeback as I do not care who is captain as long as Pakistan win . So bravo . It's just hilarious how you Sarfraz fan boys get so defensive.

    I have seen you been critical of Azhar Ali selection in ODI and rightly so but your fustration should be taken out on your pressure Sarfraz. As according to @sarfiBabarHarris , Sarfraz likes to have team players in his team. Azhar falls into this category so instead of bashing his selection , you need to try and defend it since your favourite is the one who is behind his selection
    You are the one who brought Sarfaraz/Misbah/Azhar because of your defensiveness and now you are saying I'm defensive LMAO


    Go and look back at my post and what you responded.

    Geeli papi


    Mein inko rolaonga


    NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chimpanzee chaiwala

  65. #65
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,560
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    You are the one who brought Sarfaraz/Misbah/Azhar because of your defensiveness and now you are saying I'm defensive LMAO


    Go and look back at my post and what you responded.

    Geeli papi

    Because you said IU team is full of oldies when you haven't seen the other teams. This year it's the youngest team so you'll have to hate on someone else in this years edition for not playing youngsters . Obviously you won't blame Sarfraz, it will be Moin Khans fault or maybe you'll blame the QG owner .

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    40,946
    Mentioned
    1890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Because you said IU team is full of oldies when you haven't seen the other teams. This year it's the youngest team so you'll have to hate on someone else in this years edition for not playing youngsters . Obviously you won't blame Sarfraz, it will be Moin Khans fault or maybe you'll blame the QG owner .
    We will see when the actual teams step out onto the ground... Misbah alone makes the IU team the oldest of the event.




    Mein inko rolaonga


    NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chimpanzee chaiwala

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,560
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    We will see when the actual teams step out onto the ground... Misbah alone makes the IU team the oldest of the event.


    He doesn't but okay.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    6,501
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India channel have restarted the telecast of psl 2019 after earltly boycott
    Name:  FB_IMG_1552311057572.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  32.4 KB

  69. #69
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    India channel have restarted the telecast of psl 2019 after earltly boycott
    Name:  FB_IMG_1552311057572.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  32.4 KB
    Lol.
    So much for boycotting/isolating pakistan

  70. #70
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    6,501
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    Lol.
    So much for boycotting/isolating pakistan
    Good for jamu Kashmir people they love psl

  71. #71
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,628
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Good for jamu Kashmir people they love psl
    Who told you that? Especially Jammu.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,251
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Who told you that? Especially Jammu.
    Well muslims from jammu love pakistani cricket team and Pakistan in general.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,495
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,495
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  75. #75
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    6,501
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Who told you that? Especially Jammu.
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...PSL&styleid=16
    Post number 51from jammu Kashmiri resident

    Here is another evidence if these numbers are from indian fan than i won.t mind😂as far i know indian don.t care much about psl nor they watch so who is watching?


    https://dunyanews.tv/en/Cricket/3777...online-are-fro

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    2,119
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moody ka sara Bukhar thanda?

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    903
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Who told you that? Especially Jammu.
    I have witnessed it personally last year , my Muslim friends support the Indian team but psl has a big following no doubt , this myth that all Muslims in the Indian administrated Kashmir support Pakistan cricket team is far from true , there is a lot of closet fans maybe but out in the open its 60-40 in Indiaís favour


    Waiting for the day when there will be no p....i player in a green shirt

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,266
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Who told you that? Especially Jammu.
    everybody love PSL, most Indians also love PSL

  79. #79
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    12,577
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    After all Money > Fake patriotism.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    20,311
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wonít be telecasting the final


    New Era of Team Pakistan


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •