Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

[VIDEOS] Talent Spotter : Rohail Nazir

A profile of a Rohail Nazir, a young wicket-keeper batsman from Islamabad who has impressed one and all by piling on the runs in Under-16 and Under-19 cricket.

Full name: Rohail Nazir

Born: October 10, 2001, Islamabad

Major teams: Federal Areas, Islamabad U19

Batting style: Right-hand bat

Fielding position: Wicket-keeper

Interest in cricket

As a family we have always been interested in cricket. One of my brothers, Tahir, is an expert tape-ball cricket player but no-one except me has played hard-ball cricket. I, like many others, started playing cricket in the back-streets with no formal introduction to the game. My father always encouraged me to play cricket as he had an interest in the game as well and that helped me a lot to develop myself.

Starting Regional Under-16 cricket

I did not play cricket at the school level but in 2015 I went for selection trials in Islamabad for the regional Under-16 level and was told that I needed to play club cricket before I could join up. The coaches really liked my batting, but I was told that I wasnít ready for the demands of that level of cricket but they also said that I didnít need to feel disheartened at that time. They wanted me to become more mature before trying out for the regional Under-16 team. My name was not included in the final list of selected players for that year which was disappointing. However, looking back that was a good thing for me as I joined Diamond Cricket Club in 2016 at the age of 15 where I was first exposed to the hard-ball which was to help me in my eventual selection for the Islamabad Regional Under-16 squad.

Selection for Pakistan Under-16 series against Australia Under-16s in Dubai

Once I was selected for the Islamabad Under-16s, I was appointed vice-captain and I did not let my side down as I scored two centuries at the Pepsi PCB Cricket Stars Under-16s Tournament in my debut season. This caused my name to be picked for an NCA camp which in turn, lead to my selection for Pakistan Under-16s series against Australia which was held in the UAE in early 2017. Most of the players on the tour were a little stressed about playing a side from Australia but I had no issues with that as I was confident that I could absorb all the pressure. I wasnít wrong as I ended up with two hundreds to my name as well as seven stumpings and a catch. My performances were appreciated by all and I also made a lot of friends from the Australian team who are now looking forward to seeing me in Sydney during the Lahore Qalandars' tour of Australia.

Experience of playing Grade 2 cricket and being part of the Federal Areas squad for the Pakistan Cup in 2016

I was fortunate enough to have played Grade 2 cricket for Omar Associates which was captained by Saad Nasim and was also named for the Federal Areas Squad for the Pakistan Cup in 2017. This team had some big names like Imad Wasim who was our captain as well as Mohammad Hafeez, Sami Aslam and Haris Sohail. Whilst I did not get a game in the Pakistan Cup, the experience of being in a squad with such top players was very helpful for a young player like myself when I played in the Rising Stars tournament for the Lahore Qalandars.

Experience of playing Inter-Region Under-19 One Day and Three Day tournaments

It was an amazing experience playing at this level at such a young age where I represented Islamabad region. I was declared best all-rounder/outstanding cricketer for the 3-day tournament where I scored 508 runs and took 25 catches while also affecting two stumpings; this really was a proud moment for me and my family. Overall, in both One Day and 3-day tournaments, I scored 914 runs to become the 2nd highest scoring batsman and had 44 dismissals in total. Obviously these kinds of performances also helped me in eventually getting selected for the Lahore Qalandars Rising Stars squad for Australia and will of course help me progress in the future as well.

Upcoming tour of Australia with Lahore Qalandars

I have had the honour of playing in the Rising Stars tournaments organised by Lahore Qalandars on two occasions. Whilst the first time, it was a new experience, in 2017 I was better prepared due to having played Grade 2 cricket and also being part of the Federal Areas Pakistan Cup squad. To me, the Lahore Qalandars environment is the ideal starting place for any young player. They really do look after their players very well and give everyone a fair chance. During the Rising Starsí games this year, I was not getting enough chances to bat so Aaqib Javed told me that they wanted to wait for a time until I had batted before taking a decision on the Qalandars squad for Australia. Thankfully, in the last match, I got to bat and scored 29 runs off just 12 balls and that performance played a big role in my selection for the Australia bound squad.

Happy as a wicket-keeper batsman

I am very happy keeping and feel that I can contribute much more doing both jobs. I do not feel any stress doing dual duties and my performances are not affected by this. I have no problems opening or playing one-down at all or for that matter any position as required by the team.

Role model and mentors

I am extremely indebted to Moeid Shiekh who has been my mentor and coach at the Diamond Club. He has taken great care for my progress and responsibility for my progress. He has been like a big brother to me and helped me based on his own experience. In terms of a role model, I have always been a fan of AB de Villiers as I have always found his style of batting to be amazing and of course, he has also kept wickets for South Africa in the past.

Future aspirations

Like any youngster in my position, I am looking forward to a future where I will represent my country but I do understand that there is a lot of work to be done before that can happen. My long-term goal is to play in Tests for Pakistan as that to me is the best way to judge the true worth of a cricketer. In the short term, though, I have a few targets to achieve. The main one is the Under-19 Asia Cup which will be held in Malaysia in November and I hope to be a member of the Pakistan squad and hopefully good performances in that tournament, coupled with a good tour of Australia with Lahore Qalandars should also get me a place in the PSL side for Lahore. All these goals require hard-work which I am prepared to do, God Willing.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kid has a good bottom hand. No way is he 3 years younger than me though

Nahi hua us se chase

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He looks 16 to me in the picture, i have cousins who are 16 and they look older then him.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he performs in australia and will play in psl.
    Ruhail nazir and umair masood are the future as wicket keeper batsman for pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks good. Shots all around the ground and power

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I understand the video is from when he is batting in the death overs, but the mark of a good batsman is how stable and steady he is at the crease. Rohail is loosing his shape for every delivery and throwing the kitchen sink at it. This might work in domestics but won't flourish in internationals.

That being said this is just one video and perhaps it is not a good advertisement of his talent. He is also "officially" only 16 and no 16 year old should be written off.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I understand the video is from when he is batting in the death overs, but the mark of a good batsman is how stable and steady he is at the crease. Rohail is loosing his shape for every delivery and throwing the kitchen sink at it. This might work in domestics but won't flourish in internationals.

That being said this is just one video and perhaps it is not a good advertisement of his talent. He is also "officially" only 16 and no 16 year old should be written off.
    He reminded me of Anwar Ali

dont think Rohail is a natural hitter of the ball, looks more like a middle order player

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    He reminded me of Anwar Ali

dont think Rohail is a natural hitter of the ball, looks more like a middle order player
    He has almost always batted in the top order at U16 and U19 level. However, he was slotted in the lower order for this tournament during all the matches so had to play a different role, one that probably doesn't come to him naturally.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    He has almost always batted in the top order at U16 and U19 level. However, he was slotted in the lower order for this tournament during all the matches so had to play a different role, one that probably doesn't come to him naturally.
    In Pakistan there is this strange and damaging generalisation that domestic allrounders and keepers have to bat 6 or power

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has a nice swing of the bat and does seem to copy AB De Villiers.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look good. I would select him for the NZ series immediately. If heís in Pakistan right now, I would play him for the Lahore T20 on Sunday.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on tv right now.. looks ready for the A team atleast

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shujaatraza View Post
    on tv right now.. looks ready for the A team atleast
    On TV for what?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    On TV for what?
    http://www.pcb.com.pk/pentangular-u1...tch/30619.html

Looks like he's playing in the Pentangular U-19 T20 Cup.

Not sure how he did today as the scorecard hasn't been updated yet.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.pcb.com.pk/pentangular-u1...tch/30619.html

Looks like he's playing in the Pentangular U-19 T20 Cup.

Not sure how he did today as the scorecard hasn't been updated yet.
    Ah, thanks.

I saw he was playing this (as is Umair Yousuf) but didn't realise it was being broadcast.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ah, thanks.

I saw he was playing this (as is Umair Yousuf) but didn't realise it was being broadcast.
    BALOCHISTAN U-19: 164-6 in 20 overs: (Ashar Mahmood 44, 3x4s, 2x6s, 32 balls, Saad Khan 40, 6x4s, 36 balls, Mohammad 30*, 3x4s, 1x6, 16 balls, Abbas Afridi 21, 2x4s, 1x6, 12 balls, Abdul Wahid 20, 2x4s, 16 balls, Ibrar Zaman 1-24, Farhan Shafiq 1-25)

FEDERAL AREAS U-19: 133-10 in 19 overs: (Rohail Nazir 65, 7x4s, 2x6s, 47 balls, Hammad Islam 20, 1x4, 20 balls, Hussain Ahmed 4-19, Abbas Afridi 3-26)

Result: Balochistan U-19 won by 31 wickets

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BALOCHISTAN U-19: 164-6 in 20 overs: (Ashar Mahmood 44, 3x4s, 2x6s, 32 balls, Saad Khan 40, 6x4s, 36 balls, Mohammad 30*, 3x4s, 1x6, 16 balls, Abbas Afridi 21, 2x4s, 1x6, 12 balls, Abdul Wahid 20, 2x4s, 16 balls, Ibrar Zaman 1-24, Farhan Shafiq 1-25)

FEDERAL AREAS U-19: 133-10 in 19 overs: (Rohail Nazir 65, 7x4s, 2x6s, 47 balls, Hammad Islam 20, 1x4, 20 balls, Hussain Ahmed 4-19, Abbas Afridi 3-26)

Result: Balochistan U-19 won by 31 wickets
    Excellent, thanks.

Far too many people writing him off way too quickly. He is still in the early days of his career, give him time to develop.

Excited to see him and a few others in the U19 Asia Cup. Do you know if it is televised?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Excellent, thanks.

Far too many people writing him off way too quickly. He is still in the early days of his career, give him time to develop.

Excited to see him and a few others in the U19 Asia Cup. Do you know if it is televised?
    No clue tbh. Will let you know if I see any updates on this.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No clue tbh. Will let you know if I see any updates on this.
    Please do let me know.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remembered we will have a chance to watch him play in the National T20 Cup for Islamabad. Will give us a better idea of where his game is at (assuming the tournament actually goes ahead).

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    A confident young man and seems like one to keep an eye on at Under 19 level and beyond.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Big chance in ACC U19 to show his batting credentials

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Brilliant fighting 48 from Rohail as Pak U19 beat SL U19

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to him for selection for U19 CWC in New Zealand.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could not show case his talent in ACC U19 Asia cup, need to fire in U19 WC.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out for 81 off 105 balls against Afghanistan. More runs than the Pakistan team could muster against the same team a few months back

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lahore Region White U-19: 248 all out in 47.4 overs (Ahmed Butt 55, 36 balls, 4x4s, 4x6s, Hafiz Hamza Sani 39, 74 balls, 5x4s, Shafey Malik 37, 57 balls, 4x4s, Muhammad Arslan 32, 34 balls, 2x4s, 3x6s, Zain ul Abidin 4-39, Haroon Wahid 3-33)

Islamabad Region u-19: 252-3 in 43.2 overs (Rohail Nazir 105*, 7x4s, 1x6, 118 balls, Azan Tariq 56, 59 balls, 1x4, 4x6s, Sarim Ashfaq 42*, 36 balls, 3x4s, 2x6s, Hasan Abid Khan 26, 35 balls, 1x4, 1x6, Faizan Rasool 1-32, Danish Butt 1-58)

Result: Islamabad Region won by 7 wickets

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hundred for him on FC debut.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t seem too impressive at U19 WC but he is highly rated and still very young. Great start to his F.C. career.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looked average at U19 WC

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top news. Sharing dressing room and training with Shane Watson, Andre Russell and JP Duminy etc must have done him the world of good

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent start to his FC career

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    wow, 100 on debut and plus hes a wicket keeper batsmen. A big asset if he turns out to be a good keeper aswell

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey should keep tabs on him.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Named captain for Pak U19 for the ACC Youth Asia Cup.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Maiden List A hundred today.

* GADDAFI STADIUM, LAHORE

PTV 329-6 in 50 overs: (Muhammad Waqas Jr. 108, 110 balls, 9x4s, Hasan Mohsin 103, 70 balls, 13x4s, Muhammad Irfan Jr. 27, 9x4s, 3x6s, Hamza Nadeem 2-57)

Islamabad Region 320-7 in 50 overs: (Rohail Nazir 100, 100 balls, 8x4s, Faizan Riaz 80, 56 balls, 7x4s, 1x6, Fahad Iqbal 37, 38 balls, 2x4s, Shahzad Azam 29*, 20 balls, 1x4, 2x6s, Ishfaq Ali 21, 36 balls, 1x4, 1x6, Abdul Razzaq 2-30, Muhammad Irfan Jr. 2-48)

Result: PTV won by 9 runs
    Toss: Islamabad Region and elected to field

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to Rohail for being named U19 captain for tour of Sri Lanka

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Congratulations to Rohail for being named U19 captain for tour of Sri Lanka
    Wasn't he in the pak u19 team last year for the u19 wc?

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rohail Nazir scored 75 runs 79 balls against Pakistan Navy in the semi-final of Patron's Trophy Grade-II.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0HtiN5FbsU

This is some effort.

How is he coming along?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Is Rohail Nazir ready to take over WK-duties after Sarfraz Ahmed

I have been watching parts of the series between Pak U19s and SL u19s and really impressed by Rohailís batting. He is averaging 70 with the bat after 4 matches. Very good puller and plays spin extremely well.

He is also WK. I havenít watched much of his keeping but he looks very fit and I believe he is good with the gloves AS well.

One thing I donít like is his poor calls and running between wickets so he needs to work hard on that.

So shall he rot in domestic or is he already ready for the big task after the WC?

On the other hand he is only 17 (officially) and should probably play a couple of years of first class. But then again he can also be overlooked if the selectors donít watch domestic cricket.

Your thoughts?

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Definitely need some injection of youth

Keep Rizwan for tests for time being and groom a dynamic keeper batsman for odis t20s

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw him playing in the u19 CWC18. Was not impressed at all. Couldn't play genuine fast bowling.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hope NCA are working with Umair Masood. He should be the next in line. Scored a lovely hundred in under 19 WC of 2016 and haven't got decent domestic opportunities after that.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    from what little i have seen he is another player in the mould of iman or rizwan

we seriously lack good lower order talent, mainly because these players are never given a chance

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Came across this scorecard from earlier in 2019.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    This lad is highly rated and most of the coaches rate him.

318 runs, average of 45.42 in the series against South Africa.

Decent wicket-keeper by all accounts.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    This lad is highly rated and most of the coaches rate him.

318 runs, average of 45.42 in the series against South Africa.

Decent wicket-keeper by all accounts.
    What do you think ?
    I think he will be better suited for test cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering how Inzi picks his squad he'll need a decent PSL in 2020 to get in line. Still very young at this moment though for a bat.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Okay i have not seen much of him but I am sorry to say that as of now, he has many things to improve on as a batsman. He is young and he can improve his stroke play. It is really important if he wants to succeed in international cricket.

On a side note, Haidar Ali looks a terrific batting talent. I rate him higher than Rohail as of now. Must keep an eye on him.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Okay i have not seen much of him but I am sorry to say that as of now, he has many things to improve on as a batsman. He is young and he can improve his stroke play. It is really important if he wants to succeed in international cricket.

On a side note, Haidar Ali looks a terrific batting talent. I rate him higher than Rohail as of now. Must keep an eye on him.

Watch the videos again.... most of this offside shots are with his hands too far away from his body sort of like Fakhar. Needs to fix this ASAP.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Watch the videos again.... most of this offside shots are with his hands too far away from his body sort of like Fakhar. Needs to fix this ASAP.
    Ohh i watched just one video clip of his and he looked really compact and a stroke maker. I need to watch more videos of his i guess.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    739 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rohail is decent but will struggle against genuine fast bowlers. Umair Masood has stronger base which results in smoother strokeplay, PCB should keep an eye on him.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Lols v Candyland. Those were some mazeydaar bolwers

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowlers were giving him freebees..

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Him and Rizwan are the 2 keepers we should invest in.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he is what i call a tulleybaaz

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2658 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Playing a very important innings as U19 captain - can be a hero today - lets see - 88* at the moment

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is the only keeper in the northern XI. A full sesson for him.

Huge opportunity for him to get notice

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Gets to his first Youth ODI ton.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricLegend View Post
    he is what i call a tulleybaaz
    A "tulleybaaz" just scored a ton against India in a chase, your knowledge of the game impressed me a lot.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Letís see how he develops.

Best thing regarding this is that he is a wicketkeeper.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Impressed with this lad.

Such a shame that he never got much support against India.

Also good to see him taking responsibility by batting at number 3.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MMHS looks like to be the only u19 batting talent for us, Looks impressive.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is certainly asthletically pleasing and pretty stylish.

Would be interesting to see if he can adjust his play in a lower role around 5-6 since with batsmen in Babar/Haris and possibly Saud in the future, its hard to see how he can fit in that 3-4 role.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's only 17 too! Handling captaincy/wicket-keeping and batting well Mashallah.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want him to score a hundred against Kuwait too

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Impressed with this lad.

Such a shame that he never got much support against India.

Also good to see him taking responsibility by batting at number 3.
    Yes very impressive young cricketer. Eagerly waiting for his performance in coming FC season if performs well he should be fast tracked to national side, or understudy to Rizwan, who should be the first choice keeper now, not Saffi.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    From what I've seen of him he looks tidy with the gloves and very athletic.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why Rohail Nazir should be selected as a back-up keeper for upcoming tours

UNDER 16:

At this time he was only 15 years old.

vs AUSTRALIA (3 matches)

BATTING AS OPENER: AVERAGE: 86
    STRIKE-RATE: 90.53

UNDER 19:

At this time he was only 17 years old and given captaincy of under-19 team.

11 WINS, 4 LOSSES AS CAPTAIN.

Batting as a number 3 -

BATTING FIRST AVERAGE: 48.67 (5 WINS 1 LOSS)
    STRIKE-RATE: 82.02

BATTING 2ND AVERAGE: 64.13 (6 WINS 3 LOSSES)
    STRIKE-RATE: 84.93

AVERAGE BASED ON POSITION:

OPENER: AVERAGE 86 (under 16) 3 matches
    NUMBER 3: AVERAGE 54 (under 19) 13 matches
    NUMBER 4: AVERAGE 78 (under 19) 2 matches

At the age of 17 a young man named Rohail Nazir has handled the duties of captaincy and also wicket-keeping of the Pakistan under-19 national team. With a captaincy record of 11 wins and 4 losses he has shown he can also lead the team. He can also bat at number 1,3 and 4, this is perfect as Pakistan currently are searching for a solid number 1 and number 4 batsman as number 2 and 3 are occupied by Imam and Babar.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Should replace sarfraz in T20s, Imad should take T20 captaincy.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPakistani View Post
    UNDER 16:

At this time he was only 15 years old.

vs AUSTRALIA (3 matches)

BATTING AS OPENER: AVERAGE: 86
    STRIKE-RATE: 90.53

UNDER 19:

At this time he was only 17 years old and given captaincy of under-19 team.

11 WINS, 4 LOSSES AS CAPTAIN.

Batting as a number 3 -

BATTING FIRST AVERAGE: 48.67 (5 WINS 1 LOSS)
    STRIKE-RATE: 82.02

BATTING 2ND AVERAGE: 64.13 (6 WINS 3 LOSSES)
    STRIKE-RATE: 84.93

AVERAGE BASED ON POSITION:

OPENER: AVERAGE 86 (under 16) 3 matches
    NUMBER 3: AVERAGE 54 (under 19) 13 matches
    NUMBER 4: AVERAGE 78 (under 19) 2 matches

At the age of 17 a young man named Rohail Nazir has handled the duties of captaincy and also wicket-keeping of the Pakistan under-19 national team. With a captaincy record of 11 wins and 4 losses he has shown he can also lead the team. He can also bat at number 1,3 and 4, this is perfect as Pakistan currently are searching for a solid number 1 and number 4 batsman as number 2 and 3 are occupied by Imam and Babar.
    Name:  image_e345437656.jpg
Views: 2490
Size:  26.4 KB

Athletic and strongly built.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to be at least playing PSL this year.
    Last edited by ban1982; 10th September 2019 at 21:08. Reason: typos