Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usman Khan Shinwari is the best swing bowler in Pakistan!

This guy swings the ball MILES! Is a treat to watch, especially considering he swings it at pace. Will give Amir a seriously tough competition in the team. I love Amir not even he swings it this much in bi-laterals.

Give him a year, and he can turn into the worlds best bowler!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ...in the world! @Mamoon

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is seam bowler not swing.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    On a serious note he is really good considering the resources and overhyped machine Amir.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 wickets in the first over, 2 in the second! He's swinging it miles. He's become unplayable ever since the increase in pace.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    ...in the world! @Mamoon
    @Mamoon agrees that Amir usually performs only when he WANTS to. This guy is easily the best swing bowler in Pakistan, not sure about the world. ...maybe.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ellipsism

4 wickets in two overs!

Talk NAH!!!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    @Mamoon agrees that Amir usually performs only when he WANTS to. This guy is easily the best swing bowler in Pakistan, not sure about the world. ...maybe.
    Amir struggled on these pitches against same team so it's clear he needs conditions to be successful like Anderson.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ellipsism

4 wickets in two overs!

Talk NAH!!!
    That guy has been proven wrong so many times, I have stopped taking his opinion seriously.

In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asfandyar View Post
    That guy has been proven wrong so many times, I have stopped taking his opinion seriously.
    @Ellipsism is a good poster but him and @Chief Destroyer consider themselves as the numero uno's as far as fast bowling is concerned when clearly rating talented guys like Shinwari is not too hard.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ellipsism is a good poster but him and @Chief Destroyer consider themselves as the numero uno's as far as fast bowling is concerned when clearly rating talented guys like Shinwari is not too hard.
    Yup good poster overall, but with an awful eye for talent. Dismissed Saad Ali based on one domestic season. Based on @Ellipsism 's predictions, I am confident Saad Ali will turn out to be the next Haris Sohail.

In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a genuine swing bowler thus an interesting option for the red cherry as well. I would rather have him in these flat conditions than Amir/Hasan who have been playing continuously.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Takes 5 only in his SECOND ODI game. Yes, a poor batting line up but the swing, pace and ability is on display!

A slap in the face of those who called him a trundler!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is this some kind of record? five wickets in four overs

Rlaely it desonít mttaer waht I wirte youíll sitll uanrtednsnd it

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    He is a genuine swing bowler thus an interesting option for the red cherry as well. I would rather have him in these flat conditions than Amir/Hasan who have been playing continuously.
    Wouldn't throw him in there just yet! We've unearthed a gem! Let him play a year of ODI cricket. By 2019 WC, Usman Khan will be consistently bowling at 145. And in those conditions, he will swing the ball like Akram.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just looked at the scorecard now this is crazy!!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't call him the best swing bowler, tbh. I think he swings the ball into the left-handers but I haven't seen him bowl it away.

The swing he gets into the left-handers could be attributed to the back spin he generates with his wrist positioning.

Good find no doubt, but you're maybe a tad overestimating his abilities.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's been a while since a pacer tore a batting line-up with such disdain

Well done Usman Khan Shinwari!

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't throw him in there just yet! We've unearthed a gem! Let him play a year of ODI cricket. By 2019 WC, Usman Khan will be consistently bowling at 145. And in those conditions, he will swing the ball like Akram.
    We need different bowlers for tests. Usman looks like someone who can make an impact early with the red cherry. Yasir Shah can then do what he does best. Abbas and Shinwari can make an interesting duo.

If we keep playing Hasan, Amir in every game then they won't last long.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Great swing bowling on display today.

Congrats to him on his first 5-fer. Will definitely be on the flight to New Zealand, glad to see Micky Auther backing him. People who are calling him a trundler must have something against him or simply haven't watched him bowl, he's bowling around 140 kph.

Staying in the international setup will only develop him further. Great prospect for Pakistan.

He's bowling his 5th over on the trot, keeping his pace up.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Wouldn't call him the best swing bowler, tbh. I think he swings the ball into the left-handers but I haven't seen him bowl it away.

The swing he gets into the left-handers could be attributed to the back spin he generates with his wrist positioning.

Good find no doubt, but you're maybe a tad overestimating his abilities.
    Meray bhai, only his second game, and has only bowled 5 overs thus far, in which he's created 6 chances - taken 5 wickets. Give him a little more time.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    One thing he needs to improve on is his control if it doesn't swing, needs to learn to contain batsmen. That is something he can improve on with time. He has shown that he has the ingrediants to be succeful, also from what I remember bowls well at the death too.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at the posters who wrote him off after ONE over in the World XI series.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Bowled really well this morning and showed good pace and movement into the left handers but His seam position will not allow consistent movement into right hander and if he cant improve that he will become another Wahab.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Meray bhai, only his second game, and has only bowled 5 overs thus far, in which he's created 6 chances - taken 5 wickets. Give him a little more time.
    Well, that's the whole point of the argument

Also lest we forget, this is a struggling SL side. Don't go OTT.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could end the career of Junaid Khan if keeps up with these kind of performances.

Hopefully this puts the final nail in the coffin for Wahab Riaz.

Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People need to realise Mickey has a good eye for talent and he is exceptional at developing talent.

USK plays for Mickey in KK and I have mentioned before he did pretty well and looked a good LOI prospect.

He really seems to have worked on his pace which is really good, as he wasn't as quick as this in the PSL.

As for the thread, let's see how he does in NZ before hyping him too much though ;). Don't want to burden the poor fella.

Other thing I like about him is his athleticism/fitness. That one handed catch he took when he on the bench in World XI series was great (even though it didn't count!)

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Bowled really well this morning and showed good pace and movement into the left handers but His seam position will not allow consistent movement into right hander and if he cant improve that he will become another Wahab.
    I didn't see the full spell, but I saw the wickets and it was noticeable that he was only swinging the ball in one way, there was no outswinger like Wasim Akram could generate. I was thinking of Wahab as well when I saw the wickets, but Wahab can only do it with the old ball. Shinwari used the new ball well so credit where it is due. Needs to show he has more than one trick though.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I didn't see the full spell, but I saw the wickets and it was noticeable that he was only swinging the ball in one way, there was no outswinger like Wasim Akram could generate. I was thinking of Wahab as well when I saw the wickets, but Wahab can only do it with the old ball. Shinwari used the new ball well so credit where it is due. Needs to show he has more than one trick though.
    Lets see if he develops but i dont see anything special in the longer term except against teams with lots of left handers.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    People need to realise Mickey has a good eye for talent and he is exceptional at developing talent.

USK plays for Mickey in KK and I have mentioned before he did pretty well and looked a good LOI prospect.

He really seems to have worked on his pace which is really good, as he wasn't as quick as this in the PSL.

As for the thread, let's see how he does in NZ before hyping him too much though ;). Don't want to burden the poor fella.

Other thing I like about him is his athleticism/fitness. That one handed catch he took when he on the bench in World XI series was great (even though it didn't count!)
    No sir apparently Mickey Arthur is a "conman" who's just here for his paycheck and doesn't know ABC of cricket as per @Syed1 @Abdul and @Slog.

An astute selection by Mickey who was right to persist with him. Let's see if Shinwari can deliver against stronger opponents now.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post

Absolutely. I've never seen a Pakistani side this fit and ALL of our bowlers are bowling considerably faster than their initial pace.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will have a selection problem in their next series.

You cannot drop anyone based on performance. Everyone is looking like the 2nd coming of Akram and Waqar.

Amir/Hasan/Rumman/Shinwari/Junaid all have performed well in the chances they got in LOi matches recently. I think Junaid may be the weakest bowler of the lot.

Very tough to choose.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy has natural swing. He's going to become one of the best bowlers in the world if he continues playing for a year consistently.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggest fan of Shinwari is here
    Brilliant bowling by him today, just tore apart SL batting line up.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely. I've never seen a Pakistani side this fit and ALL of our bowlers are bowling considerably faster than their initial pace.
    Exactly and it's not like they were all slow beforehand, so management have done well to extract that extra pace.

USK bowled pretty quickly in PSL but he's taken it to another level. IIRC he was the quickest in the last match which says a lot. Not bad for a "trundler.'

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's more movement off the wicket then the air but he does move it around appreciably.

Keep persisting with him as he's a strike bowler you need. He might go for runs but can always get wickets.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Pakistan will have a selection problem in their next series.

You cannot drop anyone based on performance. Everyone is looking like the 2nd coming of Akram and Waqar.

Amir/Hasan/Rumman/Shinwari/Junaid all have performed well in the chances they got in LOi matches recently. I think Junaid may be the weakest bowler of the lot.

Very tough to choose.
    A healthy headache.

India in a similar situation with batsman.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pakistan? Best in the world.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This guy has natural swing. He's going to become one of the best bowlers in the world if he continues playing for a year consistently.
    Yes but only into left handers and away from right handers. I dont see success over the long term unless he has the other one into the right handers.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Actually moved it more off the wicket. Not a natural athlete though. Looks more like a left handed Ryan harris.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Actually moved it more off the wicket. Not a natural athlete though. Looks more like a left handed Ryan harris.
    If he could be half as good as Haris was, Pakistan will be set for the next few years.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Needs to play more in different conditions before we can say that.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    His frame is nothing like Harris.

USK is strong and built but maybe needs to work on his stamina. Bear in mind it's an unrelenting heat in UAE.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    If he could be half as good as Haris was, Pakistan will be set for the next few years.
    Yeah but Harris could barely make it through 2 series in a row throughout his career though. Just didn't have the body to withstand the rigours of bowling fast at that level.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you actually rate him ?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadida97 View Post
    do you actually rate him ?
    He's a good backup bowler.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this guy that came a few years ago to t20 side because he got misbah out on a duck?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1905 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    Is this guy that came a few years ago to t20 side because he got misbah out on a duck?
    Dismissing Misbah isn't a big achievement

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but only into left handers and away from right handers. I dont see success over the long term unless he has the other one into the right handers.
    He can also bring the back into the right hander. Just because you haven't seen it over the course of two matches doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Dismissing Misbah isn't a big achievement
    Yep, absolutely, dismissing Pakistan's highest T20I averaging player is no achievement.

Anyway, he ripped through the batting attack in only his second game in a pitch not exactly known for its helpful conditions to fast bowlers. He is Pakistan's best swing bowler and well on his way to become the best in the world.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deserves MOM today. And will get it hopefully.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was the last time a Pakistani bowler got 5 wickets inside the first 5 overs? Can't remember that, even Junaid Khan got a 4'fer vs India and those really good swinging conditions.

Regardless of the fact that this was a really bummed out Srilankan side, who has been really down and out after receiving a battering, this is one really good performance, you must have something in your locker to produce that regardless of the series scenario.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He cannot bring the ball back into the right hander due to his action and he relies more on seam movement rather than swing. Good backup bowler to have in the squad nevertheless.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @ExpressPacer can he bring the ball back into the right-hander? Even the wickets that led to his T20I debut, none of those were taken with that particular delivery.

If he can't, in order to survive and be successful in international cricket he will need to learn how too.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    He cannot bring the ball back into the right hander due to his action and he relies more on seam movement rather than swing. Good backup bowler to have in the squad nevertheless.
    And you're basing this opinion off of what? He's only played 2 ODIs?! Ive seen him bring the ball into the right-hander in the PSL and he'll show you it in the T20I series again.

Seriously don't understand why people assume bull over the space of 2 games.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    @ExpressPacer can he bring the ball back into the right-hander? Even the wickets that led to his T20I debut, none of those were taken with that particular delivery.

If he can't, in order to survive and be successful in international cricket he will need to learn how too.
    I've seen him do it in the PSL. I'm looking forward to him doing it in the T20I series. I'm pretty sure he can but IF he can't;

1) That does not make him a bad bowler. He will still be a very good bowler. Even Amir does not have this good an outswinger and inswinger to the left-hander, so as the saying goes - you win some, you lose some. Can't have everything.

2) I'm sure playing with Amir and working with Azhar will eventually include that delivery in his armory.

Any-who, I'm pretty sure he can bring the ball back into the right-hander. I know I've seen him do it. Let's not forget that even good bowlers like Amir who speicalise in that very delivery are only able to bowl it when conditions suit them.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1905 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And you're basing this opinion off of what? He's only played 2 ODIs?! Ive seen him bring the ball into the right-hander in the PSL and he'll show you it in the T20I series again.

The same rules apply to you as well. You made a thread with title "Usman Khan Shinwari is the best swing bowler in Pakistan" after 2 ODIs

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've seen him do it in the PSL. I'm looking forward to him doing it in the T20I series. I'm pretty sure he can but IF he can't;

1) That does not make him a bad bowler. He will still be a very good bowler. Even Amir does not have this good an outswinger and inswinger to the left-hander, so as the saying goes - you win some, you lose some. Can't have everything.

2) I'm sure playing with Amir and working with Azhar will eventually include that delivery in his armory.

Any-who, I'm pretty sure he can bring the ball back into the right-hander. I know I've seen him do it. Let's not forget that even good bowlers like Amir who speicalise in that very delivery are only able to bowl it when conditions suit them.
    Amir brings the ball back into the right-hander almost at will (we've all seen him do it in unfavourable conditions as well, example CT final). Problem with Amir is taking the ball away from the right-hander without the scrambled seam, still waiting for him to develop that delivery, I've seen him ball vs. SRT (pre-ban), and then again vs. Kohli in the final, which left Kohli all at sea.

Looking at Shinwari's action, he shouldn't have issues learning to bring the ball back in. If you have a video from the PSL of him doing it, do share, please.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    Amir brings the ball back into the right-hander almost at will (we've all seen him do it in unfavourable conditions as well, example CT final). Problem with Amir is taking the ball away from the right-hander without the scrambled seam, still waiting for him to develop that delivery, I've seen him ball vs. SRT (pre-ban), and then again vs. Kohli in the final, which left Kohli all at sea.

Looking at Shinwari's action, he shouldn't have issues learning to bring the ball back in. If you have a video from the PSL of him doing it, do share, please.
    Yes absolutely but haven't seen him bring it back at will in recent times tbh. I really hope he can. He's had an extended break from cricket now so hope his pace is up and swing is back. And as far as Usman is concerned, I personally think with the gift of swing that he's been blessed with in abundance, it shouldn't be too hard for him to learn to swing the ba into the right-hander, if he doesn't know how already.

And nope, sorry, don't really have any videos. Should be on display in the T20I series hopefully.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be great if he swings it back into the right hander but with that action I think its nearly impossible to do that.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rofl this is Pakistan

Pakistan has the best swing bowlers in the world

Check Mir Hamza [UBL], he just took 10 wickets against Rawalpindi

Ahmed Jamal took 9-50 vs SNGC [wickets like Misbah, Asad Shafiq, M. Rizwan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Hussain Tallat,etc...]

Happy for Usman Shinwari got the chance but hope Mir Hamza also plays, it would be lethal team to compete against.
    Last edited by pkwdpassion; 23rd October 2017 at 21:17.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkwdpassion View Post
    Rofl this is Pakistan

Pakistan has the best swing bowlers in the world

Check Mir Hamza [UBL], he just took 10 wickets against Rawalpindi

Ahmed Jamal took 9-50 vs SNGC [wickets like Misbah, Asad Shafiq, M. Rizwan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Hussain Tallat,etc...]

Happy for Usman Shinwari got the chance but hope Mir Hamza also plays, it would be lethal team to compete against.
    Usman Khan Shinwari is miles better than Mir Hamza who struggles to bowl over 130 KPH. Swinging on green pitches of Pakistan is not an achievement. The pitches are so green, you can't tell them apart from the ground.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    He can also bring the back into the right hander. Just because you haven't seen it over the course of two matches doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Fine, but we can only judge him on what we see and all his wickets were from the same delivery. He'll certainly need to be able to do that to show he's not a one trick pony. I don't want to rubbish anyone's achievement, his figures today are fantastic, but opponents will watch him carefully now and if they can predict his greatest weapon, they will work to nullify it. He'll need one that seams the other way to be effective at the top level.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really impressed with his cutters and yorkers. A promising talent, one for the future no doubt

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was supposed to be a SPRAY GUN.....

The guy is one hell of a bowler, just needs to improve his fitness

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

If he can then he will allay my fears about being another Wahab and we will have an excellent young bowler on our hands. But looking at his action and seam, i dont think he can.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either he improves and becomes better and better or he can't improve and gets worse. We will find out.

Either way for the moment I am looking forward to seeing more of him in the t20s

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    Yes, he was Unplayable in that domestic T20 tournament and was fast forwarded into the Pakistan team by Misbah. However he was not ready then & also got injured. But he is looking much better right now. He always got huge movement when he bowls. So could be a deadly new addition in the Pakistan Side. He is not a threat for Mohd Amir, But competition for Junaid Khan & Rumman Raees.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ExpressPacer

Mir Hamza swings both ways and swings incredible angles as most saw in England 2016.

Mir Hamza averages 18 and has taken 230 wickets in first class. He deserves a call up.

So does Sohail Khan, he is top wicket taker(33 wickets) in Quaid Azam Trophy this year.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    He was supposed to be a SPRAY GUN.....

The guy is one hell of a bowler, just needs to improve his fitness
    That would be a major advantage over Wahab if he has accuracy. Riaz's weakness was not only his single inswinging delivery, it was lack of control on days when he was off. Let's see if Shinwari can show more consistency and prove this wasn't just a good day at the office.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The end is nigh for Junaid

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    Either he improves and becomes better and better or he can't improve and gets worse. We will find out.

Either way for the moment I am looking forward to seeing more of him in the t20s
    Of course. But as of now, there is not a single bowler in Pakistan who could've made the ball talk the way on THAT pitch and in those conditions the way Usman did.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkwdpassion View Post
    @ExpressPacer

Mir Hamza swings both ways and swings incredible angles as most saw in England 2016.

Mir Hamza averages 18 and has taken 230 wickets in first class. He deserves a call up.

So does Sohail Khan, he is top wicket taker(33 wickets) in Quaid Azam Trophy this year.
    Maybe he could be given a go in Tests but let me remind you, he is another product of the green pitches where it is hard to distinguish the batting strip from the ground. He doesn't have pace and won't be doing anything destructive even if he does swing it at the 125 kph pies.

Sohail Khan was the definition of mediocrity.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He does not bring the ball back in. His away swing is mostly angle as well with a bit of movement.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes absolutely but haven't seen him bring it back at will in recent times tbh. I really hope he can. He's had an extended break from cricket now so hope his pace is up and swing is back. And as far as Usman is concerned, I personally think with the gift of swing that he's been blessed with in abundance, it shouldn't be too hard for him to learn to swing the ba into the right-hander, if he doesn't know how already.

And nope, sorry, don't really have any videos. Should be on display in the T20I series hopefully.
    Usman bowled very well today no doubt, but he didn't really swing the ball. Almost all of his balls were seamers, his length was very good, and at times seam more than people expected, part of that has to do with the angle he delivers the ball. Seam and swing are not the same thing, Amir/Boult can swing the ball, I have not seen that from Usman, even in PSL. His action is such that it will be hard for him to swing the ball back into RHB. He skids the ball very well, that's why he is pacer than speed gun suggests, much like Hasan Ali... Lets see if he can develop the swing in future...

Raees was swinging the ball during ODI series. He was the only other lefty other than Amir, who has swung the ball out of the current lot...

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does not bring the ball back in. His away swing is mostly angle as well with a bit of movement.
    Conditions haven't exactly suited him so you can't particularly say that. But yes, however, I expect him to learn quickly.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    Usman bowled very well today no doubt, but he didn't really swing the ball. Almost all of his balls were seamers, his length was very good, and at times seam more than people expected, part of that has to do with the angle he delivers the ball. Seam and swing are not the same thing, Amir/Boult can swing the ball, I have not seen that from Usman, even in PSL. His action is such that it will be hard for him to swing the ball back into RHB. He skids the ball very well, that's why he is pacer than speed gun suggests, much like Hasan Ali... Lets see if he can develop the swing in future...

Raees was swinging the ball during ODI series. He was the only other lefty other than Amir, who has swung the ball out of the current lot...
    A good post in general and yes, I am aware if the difference between swing and seam, however, it was evident that he swung quite a few deliveries. Amir moves the ball more, yes. However, he isn't as consistent. And Raees got movement in the air, similar to what Binny got in BD in the 6fer. So that wasn't exactly swing.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    742 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    People will come to realize what kind of a "swing bowler" he really is soon.

Give it some matches.

PPers would have hyped up Stuart Binny as the next Wasim too.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great start. Definitely has given us a selection headache for the next ODI game.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guyz dont forget that shinwari was included in the team because he is the best death overs bowler. (According to arthur)

Amir
    Hassan
    Shinwari

This will be the pace attack of pakistan in upcoming tours.