Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I get nervous looking at his action, it appears to be demanding and i suspect he could have back issues going forward. I believe he is already coming back from a stress fracture in his back, but he has put on more muscle compared to the start of his career so that might make a difference.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inzamam is a super selector

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    An inept display of batting from Lankans. Won't look much into this performance.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    He cannot bring the ball back into the right hander due to his action and he relies more on seam movement rather than swing. Good backup bowler to have in the squad nevertheless.
    I guess the first wicket he got came in a bit which batsman wasnt expecting.

If a guy can swing the ball only in one direction with pace and accuracy he can be a top notch bowler. Just look at Dale Steyn i havent seen a lot of deliveries from him to the right handers which came back in. He had a great outswinger and with pace and accuracy he became an ATG.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post

If a guy can swing the ball only in one direction with pace and accuracy he can be a top notch bowler. Just look at Dale Steyn i havent seen a lot of deliveries from him to the right handers which came back in. He had a great outswinger and with pace and accuracy he became an ATG.
    Thats because Steyn bowled away swingers to right handed batsman and through the history of the game that is more than enough to take wickets. For a left handed bowlers away swing to right handed batsman means a short career or a struggle for wickets majority of the time.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post

First wicket was due to seem rather than swing. I think in the longer run, Shinwari will become a bowler similar to Umar Gul. On his day and when in rhythm he will win matches single handedly but those matches will be few and far between. He bowls yorkers consistently in death overs and that will be his biggest weapon just like bumrah.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hes got his basics right , Even if he stays just where he is right now and doesn't improve at all even then he will manage to have under 30 bowling avg in ODis in the long run , the primary things like yorker and away swing to the right handers at 135k-140k is enough for todays cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Very good wrist position - better wrist position than some bowlers who have been playing international cricket for many years.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    Amir brings the ball back into the right-hander almost at will (we've all seen him do it in unfavourable conditions as well, example CT final). Problem with Amir is taking the ball away from the right-hander without the scrambled seam, still waiting for him to develop that delivery, I've seen him ball vs. SRT (pre-ban), and then again vs. Kohli in the final, which left Kohli all at sea.

Looking at Shinwari's action, he shouldn't have issues learning to bring the ball back in. If you have a video from the PSL of him doing it, do share, please.
    Dont know what swing you saw. Only Rohit's dismissal invovled little movement otherwise he was relying on cross seam stuff.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxamax View Post
    Dont know what swing you saw. Only Rohit's dismissal invovled little movement otherwise he was relying on cross seam stuff.
    There were a couple of deliveries upfront he did swing to Rohit and Kohli. Not saying that he was constantly doing it throughout just his first 2 overs.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    The same rules apply to you as well. You made a thread with title "Usman Khan Shinwari is the best swing bowler in Pakistan" after 2 ODIs
    LOL true the man's going crazy with his hyping. After two games he becomes the best swing bowler in Pakistan and is on his way to become the best in the world. Let's give him more time and hopefully he can keep this up. But saying all this after a second math is absurd.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He cannot bring the ball back into the right hander due to his action and he relies more on seam movement rather than swing. Good backup bowler to have in the squad nevertheless.
    Would you play him ahead of Junaid?

Also, if Faheem and Imad / Haris play, then Amir/Shinwari/Junaid/Raees would have to compete for one seamer slot!

Although many other combinations seem possible. Looks like quite a flexible side. Hope Babar's form continues further abroad

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePalestine View Post
    Would you play him ahead of Junaid?

Also, if Faheem and Imad / Haris play, then Amir/Shinwari/Junaid/Raees would have to compete for one seamer slot!

Although many other combinations seem possible. Looks like quite a flexible side. Hope Babar's form continues further abroad
    Yes I will play him ahead of junaid but I prefer Raees over both of them.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    On a serious note he is really good considering the resources and overhyped machine Amir.
    Agreed, just need some more pace

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    @Ellipsism

4 wickets in two overs!

Talk NAH!!!
    Lol, I never said he wouldn't succeed at the top level, I simply said there are better options in Pakistan. I've clearly said he's a decent bowler in multiple threads. Anyhow, as I previously stated he's nowhere as good as your making him out to be, a decent back up option nonetheless.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Lol, I never said he wouldn't succeed at the top level, I simply said there are better options in Pakistan. I've clearly said he's a decent bowler in multiple threads. Anyhow, as I previously stated he's nowhere as good as your making him out to be, a decent back up option nonetheless.
    Usman Khan comes from Waziristan. The least likliest of places to provide any sort of opportunities to anyone looking at bright horizons. And yet Usman broke through. If these better options of yours were actually any good, they would've surfaced, or at least played in the PSL by now..

Usman is by far better than any swing bowler in the country apart from maybe Amir.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asfandyar View Post
    That guy has been proven wrong so many times, I have stopped taking his opinion seriously.
    Would like to here some names that have proven me wrong...

On Saad Ali I didn't dismiss him off one domestic season nor did I dismiss him at all. I simply said his mental game is very weak, he's failed in every high-pressure game he's played in. And with the comparisons to Haris he's nowhere near as gifted.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Usman Khan comes from Waziristan. The least likliest of places to provide any sort of opportunities to anyone looking at bright horizons. And yet Usman broke through. If these better options of yours were actually any good, they would've surfaced, or at least played in the PSL by now..

Usman is by far better than any swing bowler in the country apart from maybe Amir.
    Did Ghulam not keep Usman out of the playing XI for Balochistsan during the Pakistan cup and was he not the standout pacer on pitches were Sohail Khan and the likes had an ER of 8+? Ghulam has played for Pakistan U-23 and was one of the standout talents in the emerging camp as stated by Azhar Mahmood; he's no unknown entity. Anyhow, Ghulam is far from ready.

There's still Ahmed Bashir who's played for Pak U-23 on the backing of the national team's management and is doing well in the ongoing QeA, but is it his fault for the incompetency of PSL teams. There's a fair chance that he'll make the Multan Sultans as an emerging player.

And again Usman is far from the best swing bowler in Pakistan. He angles the ball away more so than swing it back in.
    Last edited by Ellipsism; 24th October 2017 at 13:05.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First wicket was due to seem rather than swing. I think in the longer run, Shinwari will become a bowler similar to Umar Gul. On his day and when in rhythm he will win matches single handedly but those matches will be few and far between. He bowls yorkers consistently in death overs and that will be his biggest weapon just like bumrah.
    Yes it seamed but if he can seam few like that and have control over it than his inswing to left handers and away to right handers will be more effective.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way he is one of the better death bowlers around, he hasnt got a lot of opportunities at death overs but that was why he got selected in the first place

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Its great to see the lad perform, lets hope he develops further. There is nothing more galling than watching Anwar Ali, Sohail Tanvir etc being picked for yrs on end after bowling tripe.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did anyone else notice the celebrations, pak team keen to mess up Shinwaris hair at every opportunity, looks like a great team ethic and attitude running through the team at the moment. credit to all the coaching staff as well as the players.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a great swing bowler bowling to left handers. His wrist position is naturally suited for left handers

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Does Usman Khan Shinwari have an injury prone demanding action?

I feel a bit uncomfortable looking at his bowling action, it looks like he is putting a lot of strain on his back to generate the pace and prodigious swing. I believe he already suffered a stress fracture in 2013 bowling with more or less the same action, he was 19 years old then and was much skinnier. Now he definitely looks jacked and has much more muscle on his shoulders, back, biceps and triceps and maybe that might help his back cope with the demands of his bowling action.

I hope i am wrong but i really want the PCB to look after the guy and hope he doesn't end up like Mohd Zahid

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5997 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    He is a good squad option but the reactions have been (unexpectedly) over the top. The spell flattered him and he got quite a few cheap wickets against a mediocre opposition with zero confidence at the moment. He will probably struggle to replicate this in the future, and he may very well have bowled his best ever spell in his second ODI game.

Nothing much to look into this performance, but the one upside I suppose is the fact that when things go his way, he has the potential to slice through teams, which he has displayed twice in his career already.

He should start all 5 matches in NZ ahead of Junaid.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Shoaib Akhtar and Rashid Lateef commenting after the 5th ODI and they were really impressed with his seam position and work ethic etc. Latif said that last time when he played in a T20 for Pak, he played with an injury and that is why he did not perform well. Both of them seem to be of the opinion that he has a very bright future ahead of him.

I saw some folks commenting on how he could not bring the ball in (in this thread) but when I saw the wicket highlights, the first wicket he took was on an in-swinging delivery that the batsman (right hander) played looking for an outswinging ball. All in all, I think he is much better than Junaid for sure!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't watch live but happen to see the spell last night and was really disappointed with the overreaction of posters here. There were quiet a few good deliveries but nothing that 'll make me jump out of my seat.

His action seem not balanced at the time of delivering the ball. Strong Guy very strong. Hopefully he continue to work with Azhar and produce results in next few series, have to wait and see if he produces results on consistent bases.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has the tendency of being smashed around brutally all over his bowling. This Lankan side was zero on confidence but still a few fours off him showed how a batsman like Hales or Warner could destroy him so easiy.

Not trying to be negative, very good spell but somehow doesnt seem secure to me. I woould not be comfortable if we had 250 odd to defend and he bowls. He can give you 2 wickets in 1st spell or get carted for 50 and loose the match right there.

A contrast would be Ruman where it just feels safe when he bowls and it would take a lot to smash him around

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He is a good squad option but the reactions have been (unexpectedly) over the top. The spell flattered him and he got quite a few cheap wickets against a mediocre opposition with zero confidence at the moment. He will probably struggle to replicate this in the future, and he may very well have bowled his best ever spell in his second ODI game.

Nothing much to look into this performance, but the one upside I suppose is the fact that when things go his way, he has the potential to slice through teams, which he has displayed twice in his career already.

He should start all 5 matches in NZ ahead of Junaid.
    That's good and all but while other reactions may have been over the top, I'm sure this thread wasn't. Can you name any other bowler in Pakistan who can swing the ball like that and at pace on these highway's for pitches?

Maybe Amir but even he doesn't perform consistently and loses swing after the first over.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Trick question by Wasim?

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Trick question by Wasim?
    Seems like he legitly missed it lol.

Wasim uncle he needs your assistance in swinging the ball back into the right-hander.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good question. I don't have expertise, but does look like quite a stressful slightly slingy action. I have often heard people say a repeatable action is a good one. I suppose like Amir's or Akram's or Pollock's.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still can't get over Usman's amazing delivery to Tharanga. Wrist position, the way the ball floats, and angles through into the stumps, just remarkable.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by pkwdpassion; 25th October 2017 at 02:28.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    Seems like he legitly missed it lol.

Wasim uncle he needs your assistance in swinging the ball back into the right-hander.

The very first wicket of the right handed opener before Chandimal's wicket, was indeed an inswinger (obviously not a lot of swing on it) and the batsman played it for an outswinger and got beat

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    His frame is nothing like Harris.

USK is strong and built but maybe needs to work on his stamina. Bear in mind it's an unrelenting heat in UAE.
    And gets injured. He'll be injury prone like Harris was i think.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    And gets injured. He'll be injury prone like Harris was i think.
    Nice try, but don't rewrite history. You didn't write he would be injury prone like Ryan Harris. What you wrote was that he doesn't look like a "natural athlete". I would still disagree with you on that.

Here is your comment: "Not a natural athlete though. Looks more like a left handed Ryan Harris."

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nice try, but don't rewrite history. You didn't write he would be injury prone like Ryan Harris. What you wrote was that he doesn't look like a "natural athlete". I would still disagree with you on that.

Here is your comment: "Not a natural athlete though. Looks more like a left handed Ryan Harris."
    If he were a natural athlete, he wouldn't have got injured so easily after playing just a couple of games. I'm not rewriting history at all.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    If he were a natural athlete, he wouldn't have got injured so easily after playing just a couple of games. I'm not rewriting history at all.
    His injury is because of his action, not because he isn't a natural athlete.

Unless you have done a medical test on him, the best we can rely on is our sight and he quite clearly has the body of an athlete. Read through the threads about him and most posters are talking about how jacked he is etc.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why do people not rate this guy? Hes looked good and threatening ever since the World XI series.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He's top-class. We really missed him in NZ

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Did Ghulam not keep Usman out of the playing XI for Balochistsan during the Pakistan cup and was he not the standout pacer on pitches were Sohail Khan and the likes had an ER of 8+? Ghulam has played for Pakistan U-23 and was one of the standout talents in the emerging camp as stated by Azhar Mahmood; he's no unknown entity. Anyhow, Ghulam is far from ready.

There's still Ahmed Bashir who's played for Pak U-23 on the backing of the national team's management and is doing well in the ongoing QeA, but is it his fault for the incompetency of PSL teams. There's a fair chance that he'll make the Multan Sultans as an emerging player.

And again Usman is far from the best swing bowler in Pakistan. He angles the ball away more so than swing it back in.
    You are right.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have not seen USK bowl the one that comes back into the right-hander.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre-injury he was showing signs of getting the odd ball to come back in (mainly through seam). Has he done so since his comeback? I haven't seen it.

(Also this thread title is too much.)

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Always creates opportunities upfront. Very useful bowler, can be a bit expensive at times though

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has bowled well today but not too much swing.Just a negligible bit of inswing.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nope he doesn't swing the ball. He has never swung it. He just angles the ball. He is very ordinary. He will get beating by top teams.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauntless View Post
    nope he doesn't swing the ball. He has never swung it. He just angles the ball. He is very ordinary. He will get beating by top teams.
    Well that finished a budding career before it even started all thanks to mr pp expert 😂 😂😂🤦🏽*♂️

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's bowling well, I know the opposition isn't great, but he's bowling well.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirpur express View Post
    Well that finished a budding career before it even started all thanks to mr pp expert 😂 😂😂🤦🏽*♂️
    I m not an expert. I just stated obvious things. He has never swung the ball. He won't do it in future with that action.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks good but can't judge anything of this series. It's nice for him to get game time but the big tests are yet to come for him.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I like watching this guy bowl. It seems whenever he is bowling something will happen. The sort of bowler who just wants to attack the batsman all of the time.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good prospect, aggressive, good movement and pace, can be expensive, but will take that in this team if s/r stays high. Can't conclude much from this series though. Has to play better teams.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His outswingers are dangerous. Perhaps the best swing bowler today. But he needs to add that inswing bowl like Amir.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre-injury he was showing signs of getting the odd ball to come back in (mainly through seam). Has he done so since his comeback? I haven't seen it.

(Also this thread title is too much.)
    Ask and ye shall receive.

He gets one to straighten off the seam and picks up a wicket.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shinwari should start as our 3rd seamer for the Asia cup.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't think I've ever seen him swing it, tbh. More so relies on angles and pace.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really impressed with his consistency in taking wickets

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be in the first XI.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He does bowl a heavy ball. I have not seen too much of him but I have noticed he does not seem to have a good enough plan B when the batsmen are having a go at him or when the pitch is not supporting his swing.
    For example Amir & Junaid both have excellent cutters which are bowled at decent pace.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How do you make such threads?

Embarrassing.

Yet another Umar Gul and Junaid Khan, nothing more. Please stop this.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shinwari and Hassan are our best 2 ODI bowlers

Shadab and Faheem make up other 2 bowlers

Amir, Junaid, Rumman, Wahab, Shaheen, Imad, Nawaz, Yasir competing for other 5th/6th bowlers

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest initially I thought Shinwari would just fade away like many of our bowlers who showed potential. Credit to the lad for coming back so strongly. Our attack of Amir, Hasan, Shinwari, Junaid, Rummam, Shaheen, Nawaz and Shadab for next years WC looks really good. We have to start building for the big one tight now!

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hes a better new ball bowler than Amir as he gets it to seam.

Not convinced of his death bowling so I would use 6 overs in his first spell, bring him back on around over 25 to complete his quota.

Heres hoping he can bring his pace up to 140-143KPH regularly and not just the odd effort ball.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Bowled beautifully today.

Needs to stay fit.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Usman Khan Shirwani:

Overs: 45
    Wickets: 18
    Average: 10.55

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Title is misleading. He doesn't swing the ball. He just angles the ball. Today I m pretty impressed with his pace in this heat. He bowled his heart out only if he had more skills.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Bowled beautifully today.

Needs to stay fit.
    How do you rate him??

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible Gujjar View Post
    Title is misleading. He doesn't swing the ball. He just angles the ball. Today I m pretty impressed with his pace in this heat. He bowled his heart out only if he had more skills.
    He actually did get the bowl to swing the bowl a long way before he ruptured his back last year. The lack of swing today was probably a combination of a misaligned wrist position and quite barren conditions.

This guy always had the talent for swinging the ball. Still remember his memorable spell in a domestic T20 against the likes of Taufeeq Umar, Misbah Ul Haq and Mohammad Rizwan back in 2013. He swung it like no tomorrow. Five years on, he also has the pace and control to go with it.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post
    He actually did get the bowl to swing the bowl a long way before he ruptured his back last year. The lack of swing today was probably a combination of a misaligned wrist position and quite barren conditions.

This guy always had the talent for swinging the ball. Still remember his memorable spell in a domestic T20 against the likes of Taufeeq Umar, Misbah Ul Haq and Mohammad Rizwan back in 2013. He swung it like no tomorrow. Five years on, he also has the pace and control to go with it.
    He was getting it to reverse today.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I mentioned in the match thread, Shinwari is one of the lesser known PSL success stories.

His career was going nowhere until Mickey came along and coached Karachi Kings in the PSL (where he obviously impressed him). As a result, when Mickey was made national coach he brought UKS into the national set up.

Otherwise Shinwari would have been one of many bowlers who had debuted for Pakistan (T20 2013) and then disappeared without a trace.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    very good option for the middle overs. Seems injury prone though.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I mentioned in the match thread, Shinwari is one of the lesser known PSL success stories.

His career was going nowhere until Mickey came along and coached Karachi Kings in the PSL (where he obviously impressed him). As a result, when Mickey was made national coach he brought UKS into the national set up.

Otherwise Shinwari would have been one of many bowlers who had debuted for Pakistan (T20 2013) and then disappeared without a trace.
    Mickey has played a MASSIVE role in his development. Believe me, I genuinely believe that Shinwari is a better bowler than all the players in the team right now.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think his injuries are the only thing holding him back. Hopefully this one isn't serious.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks impressive. Big test will be in the upcoming series against Australia, NZ, and South Africa.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Our fastest bowler as well.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's an absolute gem of a bowler. Bowls quick, good swing and seam and is a quality wicket taker. I also believe that Mickey played a part of him being selected into the national setup. He's a quality bowler that needs to be looked after due to him being quite injury prone.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proving time and again why he's so good.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why un-necessary hate towards Usman Shinwari?

Hi all. This is my first post here.

Before that i was silent reader of pp forum for years. The question which i want to ask from experts here that why they hate Usman Khan Shinwari? In all the limited chances he got he has peformed well. And i wont be wrong if i say he has performed better then all our pacers e.g Amir Hassan and others. We have seen how he fired in Odis against Saffers and how he performed well in last T20i.

I was reading match thread where posters were making fun of him in initial overs and when he came back strongly they were still biased towards him.

Can posters tell me (logically) why Usman Khan doesnt merit a place in our team? And who else they think can replace him?

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Talent wise to be honest he is just above average but he's got some luck factor or something about his rhythm that just transform him into a world class bowler albeit for couple of spell only

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Proving time and again why he's so good.
    You haven no idea about Shinwari or his poor bowling.

Poor man's Gul, will not and should not last 2-3 years.