Instagram

The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Liverpool fire Jurgen Klopp and hire a different manager or persist with him as head coach?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • He should be fired.

0 0%
  • He should be persisted with.

5 100.00%
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should Liverpool fire Jurgen Klopp and hire a different manager or persist with him as head coach?

Liverpool have had a pretty poor start to the season.

Do you think Klopp is the right man to bring them success, or is it time for a change in leadership?

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick with Klopp. Shore up the defence over the winter by signing van Dijk and one other top defender and make sure that Coutinho does not leave for Barcelona.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I'd give him another two seasons as too much managerial hirings and firings is disruptive but I find the deification of Klopp as if he's the German Shankly bizarre. He bottled two cup finals and going from a title challenge by Christmas last season to barely scraping 4th.

His system doesn't allow for sufficient midfield protection of the defence and his counterpressing can be overcome with a more direct style of play.

He's given the likes of Mignolet, Lovren and Moreno far too long a rope. Don't give me this crap that its Rodgers's team or its FSG's fault (although I have my concerns about FSG, quality of scouting and the people they've appointed). He's been here two years which is more than enough time to make the team his own and all I see are the same defensive weaknesses, weaknesses from set-pieces albeit mixed with attacking flair.

Even Roy Evans' side of the 1990s, widely lambasted for a fragile defence (the reality is more complex than that) had a better defensive record.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I voted NO - changing manager won't change outcome much under FSG, because problem isn't Klopp.

Bring the best tactical genius - he won't be able to do much if he doesn't get a squad for 38 match marathon. For any Manager, his problem will remain same under FSG. In fact, the higher the profile, he’ll have to go through the worst situation of his managerial career - won’t get his first targets, have to wait till last week of transfer window to bring some spill overs because he'll have to sell before buying, have to buy what accountant tells him rather than what’s needed, operate under strict wage cap and sell his best players for profit. On top of that, he has to lease his lip, tongue and a$$ to manage fans - it’s a dirty job Klopp has been doing to be honest.

We are scoring against Maribor and Huddersfield for fun, and in between failed to score against MU at home and got back side whipped at Wembly & Ittehad. This is a perfect example of what we call in cricket - glorified minnow basher - above average premadonas, who won't start for any of the top 5 teams, neither will be approached, unless on free transfer - it's Klopp that punching above weight with this bunch, but he has stressed his limit too much, something I stopped writing after 1st September closure of transfer window. My logic is simple - the team that Klopp assembling these days, for the greatest institution of British club sports (& 10th richest in football world), if this is the squad built by a Manager in his 3rd season and 5th window in a Champion's League year, that too after apparently owners made funds available - almost a quarter billion of it; you have to SACK the Manager by now ........ FSG has increased his wage for a 6 years contract extension. That's enough for those who can see the plot from synopsis.

If you ask me, the best manager for us and I am certain on this - Big Sam Alerdyce. He’ll manage his Liverpool team for a confident mid table spot, he’ll manage his transfer budget & wage expenses the way Edwards tells him, may be with a bit of transfer profit as well, added sugar is an European trip once in every 2/3 years ..... and the day FSG appoints Big Sam, my expectation from Liverpool will also go to a proportionate level, which Big Sam can handle perfectly with his hoof ball and without out lip service.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Moreno is a regular starter in defence, you know then that the manager is clueless.

Jurgen Flop should be fired.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can fire the manager, but it won't help.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should get 1 more year after this year. If he's still as clueless tactically as he has been so far,he should be sacked. Doubt Liverpool will get a better manager but can't keep up setting a team defensively the way Klopp does and get away with it.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You only fire a manager when the team isn't trying 100%. Under Klopp the team always gives it 100% but yes he needs to sort the defence out. I can see he has worked on the set pieces, defending corners and free kicks. Once he buys a couple of good defenders, it will be fine. It's always difficult to keep clean sheets in the PL, only Chelsea have a good defence.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only reason to fire a manager is if there is availability of a better one in the market. The only one like that is Ancelotti and I highly doubt he will come in for Liverpool.

While Jurgen isn't the perfect manager he is someone who is looking to run the club on a long term basis and its not just about coming in and spending 100s of millions and becoming champions. He will develop the team, the academy and that to me is good enough. Yes if there aren't any trophies after 5 years that will be alarming. With FSG in charge we can not compete with the likes of Man City or Man United. Klopp needs to look at Pochettino's formula which has brought Tottenham becoming a team which broke the traditional top 4 which has now become a top 6. Tottenham have gone from being a 5-7th place side to a 2nd-3rd placed side which shows the steady development. Liverpool can learn a lot from the scouting department of Tottenham. Most of the players they sign have turned out pretty well. Also from how they train their players. It is interesting that Pochettino rarely sends his younger talents on loan and rather lets them be trained by his own trainers.

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal