Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 119
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,109
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

    Pakistan back to the top of the ICC T20I Team Rankings




    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,203
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When all other teams in the top 5 are within a point of the one above, Pakistan is 3 points clear of 2nd placed NZ, but its all fluke


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  3. #3
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,122
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t care much for T20I rankings but it’s always good to see Pakistan on top.

    .Congrats to Sarfraz and his men.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    3,464
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We have cracked the West Indian code and our T20 ranking is almost entirely built on it. T20 rankings are volatile anyways so there isn't much to look into.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,155
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fluke lolz.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,109
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    725
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

    The test #1 gets a mace, so does the T20I #1 get a cudgel at least?

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,216
    Mentioned
    776 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    A superb achievement !

    What a turnaround from humiliating exit from the group stages of the World T20 last year and being ranked 7th.

    Credit to Sarfraz and Arthur and long may it continue.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,155
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    our fluke continues..

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,203
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zn426 View Post
    The test #1 gets a mace, so does the T20I #1 get a cudgel at least?
    Don't get the old-timers hate for T20 cricket. It is the future of cricket. Nobody has time and perseverance to sit though 5 days of Azhar Ali blocking ball after ball.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,203
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Before a certain poster comes and says this T20 ranking is fluke because it is built in on just beating the Windies who according to him have been playing 11 debutants since the World T20. India have played the debutant Windies side 3 times since the WT20, lost twice and one was rained off.


    So to all FLUKE posters, I have one message.




    #Mein inko rolaonga

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,590
    Mentioned
    3890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    It is not a fluke because we have beaten WI comprehensively a thousand times in the last 12 months, but this ranking doesn't mean anything because we have one of the worst batting lineups for T20s that will be exposed against quality teams on flat pitches.

    WI are WT20 champions but the team that won the WT20 doesn't represent them in T20s anymore, and we played on some slow pitches that suit our style of cricket.

    We don't have a single batsman in our T20 lineup who can threaten the opposition. All we have is a bunch of accumulators that will struggle to go past 150 against quality bowlers and fielders.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,109
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,109
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is not a fluke because we have beaten WI comprehensively a thousand times in the last 12 months, but this ranking doesn't mean anything because we have one of the worst batting lineups for T20s that will be exposed against quality teams on flat pitches.

    WI are WT20 champions but the team that won the WT20 doesn't represent them in T20s anymore, and we played on some slow pitches that suit our style of cricket.

    We don't have a single batsman in our T20 lineup who can threaten the opposition. All we have is a bunch of accumulators that will struggle to go past 150 against quality bowlers and fielders.
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

    The difference.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,832
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our T20 batting is trash, apart from Malik there's no batsman that can play at a SR of 150+ throughout their innings.

    Well deserved nonetheless but we are far from the best T20 team in the world.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,203
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Our T20 batting is trash, apart from Malik there's no batsman that can play at a SR of 150+ throughout their innings.

    Well deserved nonetheless but we are far from the best T20 team in the world.
    Then who is the best T20 side?


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,832
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Then who is the best T20 side?
    It's a tough one between India, New Zealand or England.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,109
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Success has many fathers...




    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,109
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    BTW whilst we celebrate - lets not forget that there could still be a twist in the tale!

    India v New Zealand series scenarios:

    · India win 3-0 - India 122 points, New Zealand 114 points
    · India win 2-1- New Zealand 121 points, India 118 points
    · New Zealand win 2-1- New Zealand 126 points, India 115 points
    · New Zealand win 3-0 - New Zealand 132 points, India 111 points


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,590
    Mentioned
    3890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Our fall in T20 rankings is likely to be as steep and unforgiving as our fall in the Test rankings after capturing the Mace in September last year. Our rise to the perch of Test cricket was built on beating teams in the UAE, but the moment we started to play overseas, we fell apart.

    Similarly, it is matter of us playing some T20 cricket against quality opposition. This deeply mediocre batting lineup is not going to hold its own in serious T20 cricket.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,203
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    BTW whilst we celebrate - lets not forget that there could still be a twist in the tale!

    India v New Zealand series scenarios:

    · India win 3-0 - India 122 points, New Zealand 114 points
    · India win 2-1- New Zealand 121 points, India 118 points
    · New Zealand win 2-1- New Zealand 126 points, India 115 points
    · New Zealand win 3-0 - New Zealand 132 points, India 111 points
    So NZ can regain the number one spot if they win 2-1. We are not under threat from India even if they win 3-0.

    NZ have already lost the first t20 and the manner in which they lost it seems highly unlikely that they will go onto win the next two.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,203
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Our fall in T20 rankings is likely to be as steep and unforgiving as our fall in the Test rankings after capturing the Mace in September last year. Our rise to the perch of Test cricket was built on beating teams in the UAE, but the moment we started to play overseas, we fell apart.

    Similarly, it is matter of us playing some T20 cricket against quality opposition. This deeply mediocre batting lineup is not going to hold its own in serious T20 cricket.
    Keep praying and hoping


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    312
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon is right batting is woeful - won't be able to chase 150-160 against top T20 sides let alone 180-200

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,203
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    @Mamoon is right batting is woeful - won't be able to chase 150-160 against top T20 sides let alone 180-200
    Our bowling more than makes up for it


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,155
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Keep praying and hoping
    mujhay ye bataw k ye quality tems konsi ha,har team ma weak points ha,,,,,hamari bating,india k pace bowling,nz k spin aw pace,aus k spin,,pata nahi og quality team k=sa kya bana raha ha,,i mean u strength and weakness and u utilize it properly..

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    10,932
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    @Mamoon is right batting is woeful - won't be able to chase 150-160 against top T20 sides let alone 180-200
    Our bowling means we won't need to chase 180-200 too often. But yes we do need to get in some more attacking batsmen into the T20 side.


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,590
    Mentioned
    3890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    mujhay ye bataw k ye quality tems konsi ha,har team ma weak points ha,,,,,hamari bating,india k pace bowling,nz k spin aw pace,aus k spin,,pata nahi og quality team k=sa kya bana raha ha,,i mean u strength and weakness and u utilize it properly..
    Poor batting is the biggest handicap in T20 cricket. A team with strong batting but poor bowling is going to win a lot more games than a team with poor bowling but strong batting.

    On a 200 pitch, our bowling is not going to restrict teams to 140. They might restrict them to 170 if other teams are conceding 190+, but our batting does not have the firepower to post or chase totals in that range against teams like India, England, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand etc.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    470
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to play against the "TOP TEAMS" after those wins haters will be seen running and hiding their faces.

    Sarfi is the best thing happened to pak cricket after a long time. People can argue his fitness, his shouting, him not performing in short formats and Yet he is making an impact. Thanks Sarfi

  29. #29
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,590
    Mentioned
    3890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    @Mamoon is right batting is woeful - won't be able to chase 150-160 against top T20 sides let alone 180-200
    Yes as I said, unless our bowling restricts the top teams to less than 150 day in day out on flat pitches, we are not going to win many games. Anything over 150 is beyond our capabilities, and that is a below par total for the top teams.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,458
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!!!!!


    All thanks to inspiration from

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,203
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cricket is a game between bat and ball, our batting might not be as good as the "top teams" but our bowling is head and shoulders above any side in the world. I mean its not even a question. The last guy on our bench is better than most team's first choice bowler. So Pakistan is rightfully amongst the best T20 sides in the world.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    10,932
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Even though T20 rankings are quite volatile and not all that relevant, considering that we were No. 8 when Afridi left / Sarfraz took over, and also the fact that we lost two of our most attacking batsmen in Sharjeel & Khalid AND the fact that one of our leading T20 runscorers in Umar Akmal who bats more aggressively than most in the current side doesn't get into the current side because of poor discipline, this is a solid effort.


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,640
    Mentioned
    4234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    In before fans put Mickey and Inzi on a pedestal for this when they deserve 0 credit, don't have the common sense to select 2 spinners in the UAE and keep selecting shan masood; that says it all really with regards to their impact in general.

    Anyhow congrats to Sarfraz and co for a fantastic effort, credit to the PSL as well

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    725
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Don't get the old-timers hate for T20 cricket. It is the future of cricket. Nobody has time and perseverance to sit though 5 days of Azhar Ali blocking ball after ball.
    I was teasing. I personally have no problem with T20 cricket, here in the US it's the only form that will ever be relevant in any way (once the ICC gets it off the ground).

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,845
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is not a fluke because we have beaten WI comprehensively a thousand times in the last 12 months, but this ranking doesn't mean anything because we have one of the worst batting lineups for T20s that will be exposed against quality teams on flat pitches.

    WI are WT20 champions but the team that won the WT20 doesn't represent them in T20s anymore, and we played on some slow pitches that suit our style of cricket.

    We don't have a single batsman in our T20 lineup who can threaten the opposition. All we have is a bunch of accumulators that will struggle to go past 150 against quality bowlers and fielders.
    Can't belive im getting more negative then you but it is a fluke

    we played a depleted west indies for that win.


    agree with the rest

    This is the worst t20 batting lineup we have ever had


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    10,932
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Can't belive im getting more negative then you but it is a fluke

    we played a depleted west indies for that win.


    agree with the rest

    This is the worst t20 batting lineup we have ever had
    Okay that’s overdoing it lol. We’ve had Fawad Alam & Mohammad Yousuf in the same T20 lineup vs England in 2010 and in the series against South Africa that followed our lineup was even worse.

    Also, even in the WT20 2009, our T20 batting wasn’t all that great, it had YK, Misbah & Alam in there, but we won the tournament with that lineup.


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    9,651
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Poor batting is the biggest handicap in T20 cricket. A team with strong batting but poor bowling is going to win a lot more games than a team with poor bowling but strong batting.

    On a 200 pitch, our bowling is not going to restrict teams to 140. They might restrict them to 170 if other teams are conceding 190+, but our batting does not have the firepower to post or chase totals in that range against teams like India, England, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand etc.
    It must be difficult trying to live each day with a glass half full mindset.
    So much so that it’s now impacting on your posts.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    9,651
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “ A team with strong batting but poor bowling is going to win a lot more games than a team with poor bowling but strong batting.”

  39. #39
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,845
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Okay that’s overdoing it lol. We’ve had Fawad Alam & Mohammad Yousuf in the same T20 lineup vs England in 2010 and in the series against South Africa that followed our lineup was even worse.

    Also, even in the WT20 2009, our T20 batting wasn’t all that great, it had YK, Misbah & Alam in there, but we won the tournament with that lineup.
    yeah but those teams often had Umar, Afridi or Abdul Razzaq there

    Umar was one of the better t20 players back then, even now i think he gets into the team when we talk about performance, it just his off field stuff thats the issue.

    Afridi and Abdul Razzaq were from consistent but at leat knew you always had a chance with them in the team. Kamran was decent as well for a while.

    The problem is with the current team there is no one who really inspires confidence. Its a team fulled of supporting batsmen rather than players who can take the game away. Faheem and Shadab are promising as batsmen but both are kids right now.

    Fahkar still has plenty to prove.

    Think about it this way, couple of years ago Malik would have been our least inspiring t20 player, now he is our most dynamic, yet we all know any team with decent pacers will stop his scoring.

    that says a lot.


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    1,406
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Our T20 batting is trash, apart from Malik there's no batsman that can play at a SR of 150+ throughout their innings.

    Well deserved nonetheless but we are far from the best T20 team in the world.
    tbf malik doesnt play at that strike rate, no many batsmen in the world try to play at that strike rate, its only when your set in your 40's, towards the 14th over - then players will try and hit at that rate.


    we are very dependent on our bowling to win our matches - its always been our strength, last world cup t20 our bowling was poor.

    were are the best t20 side in the world - due to our bowling


    TGK 237.1 owner

  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    4,891
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CONGRATULATIONS!

    Why nitpick the no.1 ranking unnecessarily when a team has managed it by winning games more than others?

    Its not that those are biased ones and have no value.Fans can and should be happy for this.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,845
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Cricket is a game between bat and ball, our batting might not be as good as the "top teams" but our bowling is head and shoulders above any side in the world. I mean its not even a question. The last guy on our bench is better than most team's first choice bowler. So Pakistan is rightfully amongst the best T20 sides in the world.
    I agree we are the best but not as much as you say, our third pacer(s) are still realtively unproven. Imad is also increasingly unispiring, though a straight swap with Asghar would do wonders

    Full strength Australian bowling lineup would run us close

    Cummins
    Starc
    Behrendorff
    Zampa - doesnt get the praise he deserves in particular


    Id put England and SA in that list as well but you know - Chokers


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  43. #43
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    12,915
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Cricket is a game between bat and ball, our batting might not be as good as the "top teams" but our bowling is head and shoulders above any side in the world. I mean its not even a question. The last guy on our bench is better than most team's first choice bowler. So Pakistan is rightfully amongst the best T20 sides in the world.
    I wouldn't go that far. Our pacers other than Hasan pretty much average 30s in recent times (Except Usman but he's rather new). Yes they look like they have potential and did do well in CT, but that's not enough. Even Amir despite the fact he can clearly turn it up it seems when needed, should be doing a lot better with his talent, even in CT he was rather average until the latter stages. Amir used to be far more consistent than this pre ban.

    Hasan and Shadab are world class and really carrying and leading the attack atm. The rest need to step up. It's the best bowling attack atm thanks to them. The rest aren't anywhere near the level of those two, even if some of them like Amir might be very talented.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,192
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A slap on Afridis face. With him we were rubbish amd look at the team now.

    Well done Sarfaraz.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    12,915
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Can't belive im getting more negative then you but it is a fluke

    we played a depleted west indies for that win.


    agree with the rest

    This is the worst t20 batting lineup we have ever had
    I don't think the current T20 team is the best we've had. Surprised we honestly haven't been ranked no.1 before. When we had a working attack of Ajmal, Afridi, Amir, Gul (and later Hafeez) that was better bowling attack for T20s at the time. We also probably had more explosive batsmen at the time e.g. Umar Akmal, Kamran, Razzaq, Afridi etc.

    This T20 team feels a little lacking, it can't put up big scores consistently I don't think. Personally I feel our ODI team is probably the best out of the three atm irrelevant of the rankings, just looks a lot more balanced. The Test team seems kind of poor and on the decline, with no real established pacers and hit by Younis and Misbah's retirement, and T20 seems decent but not world beating. While in ODIs if anything feels like it's a team on the up.

    I have faith that Pakistan will recover and get stronger in the T20 and test formats, but feel like they'll have to uncover new players in order to do that. While I think you could take the current lot in ODIs and do very well, as seen in the CT which was arguably our most dominating performance in a CT to date.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    285
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another short-lived rankings which would disappear as they emerged. These biased ratings that keep Pakistan on No.6 in odi format which has won last 9 games behind New Zealand which has just lost another odi series i a sham.
    Now Pakistan needs a T20 series with West Indies badly to maintain 1 or 2nd spot as both India and New Zealand are playing whitewash potential teams Sri Lanka and West Indies in Dec./Jan..

    Pakistan's batting woes continue in both ODI and T20. The lineup of Umar Amin, Azam, Malik and Hafeez, is not a T20 winning lineup who waste most of the innings and hitters like Shadab, Fahim don't get a chance.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,845
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    I don't think the current T20 team is the best we've had. Surprised we honestly haven't been ranked no.1 before. When we had a working attack of Ajmal, Afridi, Amir, Gul (and later Hafeez) that was better bowling attack for T20s at the time. We also probably had more explosive batsmen at the time e.g. Umar Akmal, Kamran, Razzaq, Afridi etc.

    This T20 team feels a little lacking, it can't put up big scores consistently I don't think. Personally I feel our ODI team is probably the best out of the three atm irrelevant of the rankings, just looks a lot more balanced. The Test team seems kind of poor and on the decline, with no real established pacers and hit by Younis and Misbah's retirement, and T20 seems decent but not world beating. While in ODIs if anything feels like it's a team on the up.

    I have faith that Pakistan will recover and get stronger in the T20 and test formats, but feel like they'll have to uncover new players in order to do that. While I think you could take the current lot in ODIs and do very well, as seen in the CT which was arguably our most dominating performance in a CT to date.
    The team that played the t20s vs Aus in england 2010 was our best ever

    1. Butt - hate him, vastly overated but at the time was coming off a great t20 wc and had seemed to turn a corner
    2. Shazaib - most meh player here but we have seen what we could do in domestic
    3. Kamran
    4. Umar
    5. Malik
    6. Afridi
    7. Abdul Razzaq
    8. Amir
    9. Gul - best limited overs bowler in the world at the time
    10. Ahktar - i know he was past his best but still bowling fast
    11. Ajmal


    On paper that team was just amazing

    It was bascially the team that won the World Cup plus Umar


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  48. #48
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,155
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Poor batting is the biggest handicap in T20 cricket. A team with strong batting but poor bowling is going to win a lot more games than a team with poor bowling but strong batting.

    On a 200 pitch, our bowling is not going to restrict teams to 140. They might restrict them to 170 if other teams are conceding 190+, but our batting does not have the firepower to post or chase totals in that range against teams like India, England, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand etc.
    we have not seeen australia winning that consistently in t20 so who is that team,,we have a good track record in t20 i think t20 are won through bowling not batting.
    if nz had good bowling today they would have won or indian bowling would have not step up they would have been the losing team despite 200 total..for me bowling is there to win u matches of course complemented by batting.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,585
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As Mamoon and other sensible posters have pointed out the fact that these rankings should not be taken seriously. Pakistan's batting is quite average at best. We just witnessed our batting show against this rookie SL bowling even on our home ground. Only Malik looked good and we know he is not reliable against top teams.

    Pakistan's bowling is pretty good which has been hiding our batting weaknesses but sooner or later Pakistani fans will be reminded of the fact that the 90s batting is over. The time of having middle order full of accumulators has passed away. During Misbah's days we could say that you need dynamic batting order to win the matches but now you need dynamic batting to COMPETE in limited overs cricket.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,109
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well done to the boys. It's a good achievement. Our batting is an area I would like to see us strengthen. Can't afford the amount of accumlarors we have now for the next world t20.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,089
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For once I agree with Mamoon, our batting is really poor in t20s. We need to find some at stating and hard hitting batsmens.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    10,932
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    The team that played the t20s vs Aus in england 2010 was our best ever

    1. Butt - hate him, vastly overated but at the time was coming off a great t20 wc and had seemed to turn a corner
    2. Shazaib - most meh player here but we have seen what we could do in domestic
    3. Kamran
    4. Umar
    5. Malik
    6. Afridi
    7. Abdul Razzaq
    8. Amir
    9. Gul - best limited overs bowler in the world at the time
    10. Ahktar - i know he was past his best but still bowling fast
    11. Ajmal


    On paper that team was just amazing

    It was bascially the team that won the World Cup plus Umar
    Yep I rate thi this as our best T20 team ever as well. Amir, Ajmal & Gul were at their peak as was Umar Akmal


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  53. #53
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    12,915
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The funny thing is we've had so many players who should have been T20 greats, the format was tailor made for them. Ajmal, Afridi, Nazir, Razzaq, Hafeez (as an allrounder), Sharjeel, Umar Akmal, Jamshed, Kamran Akmal, Malik and Gul (could even argue Maqsood) all should have be T20 greats from the older lot. While in reality only Ajmal, Afridi and Gul really hit ATG level in the T20 format. Malik's immense in T20s these days, but really was rather average in the past hence his overall stats, didn't do himself justice in the format.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,947
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But till last year there was no talent in Pakistan
    Congrats. From no.8 & world t20 humiliation to no.1 in one year. Majorly because of 1 man. Ab naam lunga to logun ko bura lagay ga Ab khud sai jhoot bolna chor do dostun.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  55. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,640
    Mentioned
    4234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    What is Pakistan's ranking ?




    @Syed1


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  56. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    1,261
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Before a certain poster comes and says this T20 ranking is fluke because it is built in on just beating the Windies who according to him have been playing 11 debutants since the World T20. India have played the debutant Windies side 3 times since the WT20, lost twice and one was rained off.


    So to all FLUKE posters, I have one message.


    best post of the day... u nailed it


    only fighters rise up from the dust..

  57. #57
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    1,261
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    @Mamoon is right batting is woeful - won't be able to chase 150-160 against top T20 sides let alone 180-200
    No team can chase 160 against this bowling line up of pak and thats for sure... Mamoon is a negative person same like Amitabh bacchan from movie Piku. thats his persona leave him enjoy the most out of the situation. Hail Sarfaraz
    Last edited by todfod 11; 1st November 2017 at 23:02.


    only fighters rise up from the dust..

  58. #58
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    4,226
    Mentioned
    1097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by todfod 11 View Post
    No team can chase 160 against this bowling line up of pak and thats for sure... Mamoon is a negative person same like Amitabh bacchan from movie Piku. thats his persona leave him enjoy the most out of the situation. Hail Sarfaraz
    Little bit of over the top I guess. Pakistan has great bowling attack but to say no team can ever chase 160 against their bowling attack is little over the top. Obviously they are going to have an off day on a flat track and get hammered.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    13,939
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This team is much, much better than the joke that played in the World Cup last year under Afridi. They may have got to number 1 because of the success of Pakistan achieved as a T20 unit upto the first three world cups and some time beyond, plus the recent victories...however the current team is very much capable of maintaining this number one spot

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,717
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Little bit of over the top I guess. Pakistan has great bowling attack but to say no team can ever chase 160 against their bowling attack is little over the top. Obviously they are going to have an off day on a flat track and get hammered.
    True. In fact, 175 was chased just recently against us by Thisara Perera of all people...


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  61. #61
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,503
    Mentioned
    2456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    OMG @shaz619


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,162
    Mentioned
    2183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Congrats to Pakistan.

    I forgot we were number 1, we've done nothing in the format to be ranked first lol.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  63. #63
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    384
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats Pakistan!
    to all haters >

  64. #64
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    1,261
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Little bit of over the top I guess. Pakistan has great bowling attack but to say no team can ever chase 160 against their bowling attack is little over the top. Obviously they are going to have an off day on a flat track and get hammered.
    any team can have an off day. The great spinning duo of ashwin and jadeja was hammered all day by almost debutant player with not the best technique. But most days Pakistan bowling line of usman hassan and Amir with shadab and hafeez can defend a total of 160.


    only fighters rise up from the dust..

  65. #65
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    4,226
    Mentioned
    1097 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by todfod 11 View Post
    any team can have an off day. The great spinning duo of ashwin and jadeja was hammered all day by almost debutant player with not the best technique. But most days Pakistan bowling line of usman hassan and Amir with shadab and hafeez can defend a total of 160.
    That I can agree with. Your previous post said, no one can chase 160 against Pakistan bowling attack. I just responded to that as that was little over the top.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    9,505
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just out of curiosity, when is the next t20 world cup?

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,203
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, when is the next t20 world cup?
    They made it a 4 year event so next one is in 2020 in Australia I think


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    4,893
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Congrats to Pakistan.

    I forgot we were number 1, we've done nothing in the format to be ranked first lol.
    And we haven't done much either. Our batting has only been able to chase down low scores. There is a lot of volatility in these T20 rankings and will change soon.


    Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

  69. #69
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,938
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Initially there were no T20 I ranking, otherwise we would have be #1 then.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    9,415
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Our fall in T20 rankings is likely to be as steep and unforgiving as our fall in the Test rankings after capturing the Mace in September last year. Our rise to the perch of Test cricket was built on beating teams in the UAE, but the moment we started to play overseas, we fell apart.

    Similarly, it is matter of us playing some T20 cricket against quality opposition. This deeply mediocre batting lineup is not going to hold its own in serious T20 cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Poor batting is the biggest handicap in T20 cricket. A team with strong batting but poor bowling is going to win a lot more games than a team with poor bowling but strong batting.

    On a 200 pitch, our bowling is not going to restrict teams to 140. They might restrict them to 170 if other teams are conceding 190+, but our batting does not have the firepower to post or chase totals in that range against teams like India, England, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Yes as I said, unless our bowling restricts the top teams to less than 150 day in day out on flat pitches, we are not going to win many games. Anything over 150 is beyond our capabilities, and that is a below par total for the top teams.
    'Kyun Udas Bethay Ho yar Ayoo mein Tumhay mazay ki Dunya ki Seery Karayoo....09007...'

    Just enjoy the success brother, there is a time and place for being pesimmistic. At the moment you're just coming off as nothing but extremely bitter.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    5,472
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If other teams can only beat Pakistan on 180+ pitches, then may be their batting isn't great either.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    2,935
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to Pakistan. Well deserved.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    27,200
    Mentioned
    843 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Don't get the old-timers hate for T20 cricket. It is the future of cricket. Nobody has time and perseverance to sit though 5 days of Azhar Ali blocking ball after ball.
    Azhar Ali is as much an advert for test cricket as Awais Zia is for T20 cricket.

    Watch the upcoming Ashes, South Africa vs India and England vs Pakistan series and you will be cured of the bug that has infected you.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,938
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    During last two years, Malik scored 744 runs at the avs of 50 and SR of 135.
    Malik is top runs and average wise, and for players with 200+ runs, he has the highest SR

    Next is Shehzad with 477, AVG 27 and SR 116.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    1,261
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    That I can agree with. Your previous post said, no one can chase 160 against Pakistan bowling attack. I just responded to that as that was little over the top.
    Ohh I meant on a larger note. Pakistan did get 444 by england in ODI... But the confidence of the bowling unit then and Now is quite different.. Anyways even if achievment are low we should still celebrate it. youger generation do get moyivated from this


    only fighters rise up from the dust..

  76. #76
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    6,565
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Our fall in T20 rankings is likely to be as steep and unforgiving as our fall in the Test rankings after capturing the Mace in September last year. Our rise to the perch of Test cricket was built on beating teams in the UAE, but the moment we started to play overseas, we fell apart.

    Similarly, it is matter of us playing some T20 cricket against quality opposition. This deeply mediocre batting lineup is not going to hold its own in serious T20 cricket.
    I agree our batting is a bit suspect but it is not as bleak as you are making it out to be.

    We scored 197/5 just a few games ago against a decent World XI squad. Scored also 170+ against SL on the dustbowls of the UAE.

    If we are put in to bat first on a flat wicket against a good team - we will still make a good score and hope for the bowlers to do enough to defend it. The challenge is when we have to chase large totals due to scoreboard pressure, playing under lights etc.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    6,565
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Congrats to Pakistan.

    I forgot we were number 1, we've done nothing in the format to be ranked first lol.
    Didn't NZ reach the SF's of the T20 WC last year?

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T20 rankings are perhaps the most irrelevant and misleading of all. Top teams simply do not look it as a worthwhile format except during WT20. They see it as a vehicle to experiment or a sinecure for over the hill players. Besides, teams do not play enough T20 matches against each other. At least in ODIs we still have those 5 match series to provide some legitimacy.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    6,565
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Cricket is a game between bat and ball, our batting might not be as good as the "top teams" but our bowling is head and shoulders above any side in the world. I mean its not even a question. The last guy on our bench is better than most team's first choice bowler. So Pakistan is rightfully amongst the best T20 sides in the world.
    Even on flat wickets - our batting can go toe to toe with the best in the world.

    I hate playing on the dustbowls of the UAE where 130 is a par score lol

    We saw what happens in Lahore where we score 170+ every time we play there mashAllah!

  80. #80
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,397
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    I agree we are the best but not as much as you say, our third pacer(s) are still realtively unproven. Imad is also increasingly unispiring, though a straight swap with Asghar would do wonders

    Full strength Australian bowling lineup would run us close

    Cummins
    Starc
    Behrendorff
    Zampa - doesnt get the praise he deserves in particular


    Id put England and SA in that list as well but you know - Chokers
    Now are we really going to compare Zampa with Shadab, Imad (no 1 t20 bowler) and Hafeez or even Malik?

    Without a good spinner team is going to struggle in subcontinent and that is what happened to Aus against India.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •