Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Imam-ul-Haq has a very bright future" : Imran Farhat

A veteran of over 100 international games, Imran Farhat scored over 4000 runs for Pakistan in all three formats of the game. The left-handed opener faced some of the toughest bowling attacks of his time and offered a good account of himself against bowlers of the quality of Shaun Pollock, Daniel Vettori, Mitchell Johnson and Muttiah Muralitharan to name a few.

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion.net, Farhat spoke about the reasons behind the declining standards of domestic cricket in Pakistan, looked back on his own international career and offered his views on young Pakistani opening batsmen Shan Masood and Imam-ul-Haq.

PakPassion.net: How has your association with HBL been and do you see yourself playing for them in the future?

Imran Farhat: It’s been a great experience playing for HBL. The main thing is that I started playing cricket as I was passionate about it and I will also end it with the same passion one day. On top of that, I have had no problems with my fitness this year which is what any player needs to have to play on for a long period of time. As long as I am fit, I will continue playing and enjoying myself at HBL.

PakPassion.net: What do you feel about the standards of opening batsmen in Pakistan?

Imran Farhat: I believe that the way modern-day cricket is moving along, it requires a change in the batting style for opening batsmen which, quite frankly, I am not seeing in our batsmen at all levels including in Tests. Basically, in today’s game, it’s all about playing out the good ball but being very severe on the bad balls. I am afraid our newer batsmen are not able to put this into practice. I blame that solely on Twenty20 and One-Day cricket as that robs the batsmen of the type of patience you need to play as an opener at the highest level where you have to bide your time and then pounce on any bad delivery that you get.

PakPassion.net: Have you seen any improvements in our domestic cricket over the years?

Imran Farhat: To be honest, things have only become worse over time. Our pitches in the last 5-6 years at the domestic level have deteriorated into a laughable state and when it’s not the pitches, then we have issues with the quality of cricket balls. This year there is an improvement in the quality of the balls but the pitches are not up to standard. The whole entertainment aspect of cricket is derived from the quality of batting but for that you need good pitches, or else you will not be able to develop batsmen. Bowlers have an advantage that they can adapt in all conditions but the batsmen do not have that luxury as it just takes one bad shot to end their innings.

Good quality pitches are exactly why India is producing such good batsmen which is the same case in Australia and elsewhere. In Pakistan we have unprepared pitches and if they have been prepared, they will have huge amounts of grass on them which is of no use at all for the batsmen. In such circumstances, when you lose the toss, you also lose the match and if some batsman survives this, it’s more due to good fortune than anything else. Veteran players can probably survive on such pitches but the newer ones have little chance and have an uphill battle to score runs. In terms of technique, the younger batsmen are really unable to develop themselves on such pitches and most of their runs will be scored using ‘slashy’ shots. So 90% of the runs will come from areas behind the stumps which may work in domestic but will give them issues at the international level.

PakPassion.net: But how can this situation ever be improved?

Imran Farhat: Look the fact is that apart from the main stadiums, the smaller grounds are being overused. There are 8-9 cricket academies and a huge number of nets being conducted in the smaller grounds so pitches and ground are being ruined. We have pitches where one ball is going past the batsman’s ears and the next ball is not higher than his toes! The PCB needs to understand that first-class cricket is the heart and soul of a player in Pakistan. This type of cricket is the basis on which all players construct their careers so first-class cricket needs special attention as it is important for the future of cricket in our country. The Board needs to ensure that the same pitches that a player will encounter at the international level are offered to him at the domestic level. That is the only way we will produce quality batsmen in this country.

PakPassion.net: You seem very forthright with your views on Pakistan cricket?

Imran Farhat: Ever since a young age, I have prided myself on being frank in my views. I am never going to sugar-coat my views and the PCB or anyone who cares to listen will get my honest views on the improvement of the game in Pakistan as I have been around for a while and have had enough experience to advise on the betterment of the game.

PakPassion.net: Recently we saw some issues with HBL players after a match. Surely more security is needed for the players?

Imran Farhat: Our people are very fond of their cricket stars and most of the time we as players oblige them by shaking hands or taking selfies with them. But on some occasions, the players want to leave in a hurry after practice but our path is blocked by over-eager fans which can lead to unfortunate incidents of the type we saw recently. It was my car in which Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Gul were travelling and really was not the fault of any player. We had met as many people as we could but then it came a point when people were pulling our shirts and so on which lead to frustration on our behalf. All this could have been avoided if better quality of security arrangements were in place but sadly that was not the case.

PakPassion.net: Did the recent Mankad incident during the game between Peshawar and WAPDA shock you?

Imran Farhat: The pressure to win games is so high that it is no wonder that such short-cuts, even though legal, are being pursued by cricketers in games. Fact is that the PCB has little to do with this as they don’t have anyone to supervise these games and keep an eye on the performances of the umpires as well who really should be in control of the match. Coming back to the incident. To me, these incidents are more a case of players acting in desperation due to insecurities than anything else. All players are looking to do something special so that the team management can take notice and keep them in the team for the next game and this looks to be one such case.

PakPassion.net: Looking back at your career for Pakistan how do you feel about it?

Imran Farhat: My nature is that I am never happy with myself even if I do well and that is the kind of training I have had from my teachers so I am always looking for perfection. I have always been taught that there was no short-cut to success; in fact when I scored 300, I was told that don’t be too happy as you should have gone on to score more. I do feel privileged and honoured at the same time that I was able to play over 100 international matches for my country. During the time when I was in the Pakistan team, the competition was very high for places in the squad and if you made it to the team, then you knew that you really deserved it. If you had to make a comeback to the team, the path was straightforward as you were required to be the top batsman during the season and that was the only criteria needed. All in all, I am satisfied with my career but I could have obviously done better than what I achieved. There were ups and downs during my playing career and there was some unnecessary involvement in politics as well due to my father-in-law’s connection with the PCB. However, I am proud to say that I was only ever selected for Pakistan due to being a top scoring batsman and nothing else. All my comebacks were made on merit and not because someone did a favour to me. As is well known, I was the first Pakistan player to have scored 2 triple centuries in domestic cricket. I have scored good runs against the top teams from the world including South Africa, England, West Indies to name a few. I feel that the players in the current team are lucky that they are able to play in the UAE which gets them easy runs but in my time, I had to play against tough oppositions away from home which wasn’t that easy.

PakPassion.net: How was the experience of playing alongside Mohammad Yousuf and Younis Khan?

Imran Farhat: Both of these batsmen were great players and servants of Pakistan cricket. But if I were to compare them in terms of nature and temperament, Younis Khan was far ahead of Mohammad Yousuf. In dealings with younger players, Mohammad Yousuf could be a little distant and arrogant at times. Younis Khan was a polar opposite in that regard but he had a lot of passion for the game. He was almost in his own zone all the time where his aim was to be the best. He fought his way through the system to ensure that he achieved his goal of becoming a legend of the game. Whilst Younis Khan’s attitude towards younger players helped in their development, I can safely say that Mohammad Yousuf did not pay any attention to developing any other player when he was in the Pakistan team. He was generally an unhappy man but contrast that with Younis who always had a smile on his face even though he was completed focused towards improving himself.

PakPassion.net: Shan Masood is struggling at the moment so what does he need to do to improve?

Imran Farhat: The problem with some players is that they ‘look busy, but do nothing’. So, when there are fitness tests, a player like Shan is seen to be fit and meeting the standards of the team in terms of things like the yo-yo test which gives him the edge. I believe, there is no player fitter than Shan Masood in Pakistan cricket and not many players can compete with him on that account. To me it appears that players like him have the fitness but do not have the skills to go with it which is important. They are unable to dig themselves out of trouble on the cricket pitch and subsequently do not do well for the team. Shan is someone we have seen closely at Habib Bank Limited team where basically he did not do well. He has an advantage of good education and his father is a senior figure in UBL who are one of the main sponsors of the PCB. One thing that one cannot doubt is that he is a hard-worker and we did do our best to improve him as a player at HBL. He of course uses his connections well so that even at practice, he is likely to get more practice time than others. He is by no means a natural talent but circumstances have forced him into the cricket setup in Pakistan. Other players with no connections and limited education background have a hunger to succeed and eventually become big players, whilst Shan does not fall in that category and will always struggle.

PakPassion.net: Do you think Salman Butt deserves a chance for Pakistan once again?

Imran Farhat: I am totally in favour of allowing Salman Butt to play for Pakistan again. My view is simply based on the fact that if we allowed one such player, Mohammad Amir, to play for Pakistan, then others should be allowed to do the same as well. They have all served their punishment and now are available for selection and are not bad performers. Also, if we go back a little, there were some players who sat on TV and in interviews said that they would not play alongside such players but where are they now? So, it seems that standards can be changed for one person and if that can happen then same allowances can be made for Salman Butt as well who I know has worked hard to bring himself back into contention.

PakPassion.net: How well in your view is Mohammad Amir doing in his comeback?

Imran Farhat: I feel that there is a difference in the pace as well the body language of Mohammad Amir in his current comeback for Pakistan. You have to remember that there is a certain swagger associated with fast-bowlers but that is missing with this version of Amir and as a consequence he is not as aggressive as before. On top of that, he seems to be bowling from within the crease as he is probably worried about the events in 2010 and that is affecting his pace and aggression. Sure, he is managing to get through with his experience but am afraid he will continue to get worse. Whatever you may say about Wahab Riaz as he tends to bowl no-balls and wides but the fact is that he has aggression and that scares batsmen which is something Amir is lacking.

PakPassion.net: You must be pleased with the progress of Imam-ul-Haq?

Imran Farhat: We at HBL are very proud of the progress that Imam has made as an opener for Pakistan. Imam-ul-Haq has a very bright future. He has worked hard and that is now showing in his selection for Pakistan. In a sense, he is like me, as we both have relatives in positions of power in the PCB and have had to face unfair criticism due to that. From what I understand, Inzamam was worried that people will accuse him of nepotism for selection of Imam but that should not have been the reason for not playing Imam. Like I said, Imam is a hard-working player who kept control of his nerves during his debut but I also feel he is a good choice for an opener in Tests as well. My advice to Imam would be to put in practice what he has learned so far. There really is no need to think too deeply and try and change his game as that is exactly what got him this far and will help him succeed in the future. This is the same advice I have given to Fakhar and I would ask the Pakistan coaches to work on improving the positives of these batsmen and not emphasise the negative aspects too much or this will have undesired effects on their batting.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting comment about MoYo

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with his comments re Mohammad Amir and Salman Butt however Salman Butt hasn't done anything noteworthy this season so don't think he will be recalled. I felt Farhat didn't deserve as much hate as he got; yes we know he had his connections but he did play some good innings. Will never forget his innings against SA in that chase when he hit Steyn for a beautiful six after Steyn was sledging him like there was no tomorrow!
    Last edited by hadi123; 2nd November 2017 at 20:15.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Interesting interview that, a few things to note:

- Rich of Imran Farhat to take potshots at Shan Masood for benefiting from family connections in the PCB !

- Blunt comments on Mohammad Yousuf being distant and arrogant towards the youngsters.

- He's right on his assessment of the pitches and balls in domestic cricket, and how they are hampering the development of a young batsman's technique.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it hilarious that most players and fans in Pakistan think it's somehow an obligation of a 'senior' to mentor the youngsters.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Interesting interview that, a few things to note:

- Rich of Imran Farhat to take potshots at Shan Masood for benefiting from family connections in the PCB !

- Blunt comments on Mohammad Yousuf being distant and arrogant towards the youngsters.

- He's right on his assessment of the pitches and balls in domestic cricket, and how they are hampering the development of a young batsman's technique.
    I agree, but Imran Farhat was yesterday's problem. His international Career is over. Shan Masood is currently ruining Pakistan test side, that is already struggling to rebuild a Test Batting line up.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Comes across much more intelligent than he ever did as a player. His comments on the pitches have been echoed by other players most notably Misbah. As i said to one of the guys on here recently when discussing Sethi,, no one from the PCB watches Domestic matches and hence the appalling quality of the whole set up.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    I find it hilarious that most players and fans in Pakistan think it's somehow an obligation of a 'senior' to mentor the youngsters.

Why would it not be? Are they not all playing for the same country with one goal?
    "Seniors" were juniors too who required guidance and got to where they are today.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emm-tee View Post
    Why would it not be? Are they not all playing for the same country with one goal?
    "Seniors" were juniors too who required guidance and got to where they are today.
    Guidance yes..but no one should get any hand holding. This is why we've failed to produce good players in the last 12 years...the young players are lazy and unable to develop by themselves. These guys are supposed to be professionals sportsmen...if you can't figure it out yourself, you won't make it anywhere.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope Mickey reads the comments on Shan Masood and we never see him anywhere near the national team ever again.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guy doesn't mince his words. Especially about Mohammad Yousaf and Shan Massod.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    - He is right about Shan Masood. He is someone who will always struggle.
    - He is right about Salman Butt too. However, a reminder than Salman hasn't done anything special in domestic to earn a recall.
    - I don't agree with him on Aamir. That guy won you the Champion's trophy for goodness sake. Plus bowling in UAE is a different ball game.
    - Agree with him on MoYo. MoYo was not helpful in nurturing the youngsters.
    - Disagree with him on connections. He was favoured due to his connection most of the time in getting selected.
    - Agree with him on the nature of the pitches in Pakistan.

All in all, thank you for your services, but Pakistan Cricket Team would always have been better without you Imran Farhat.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its very hard to take anything he says seriously

How can you say you were always selected on merit when your daddy in law would publicly give death threats against to selectors who were not in favour of picked you ?

Nobody, not even Fasial, Zia or Shan, epitomised the cancer of nepotism in pak cricket as much as Farhat.

That too to go with his lousy attitude, we have seen him gett publicly scolded by Waqar and Whatmore for refusing to take drinks out i belive
    Last edited by pakistanigoneaussie; 2nd November 2017 at 23:21.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Its very hard to take anything he says seriously

How can you say you were always selected on merit when your daddy in law would publicly give death threats against to selectors who were not in favour of picked you ?

Nobody, not even Fasial, Zia or Shan, epitomised the cancer of nepotism in pak cricket as much as Farhat.
    I don't agree with some of the things that he said but his message on some of the other things is spot on such as Shan Masood, domestic cricket etc.; to be honest I was a bit surprised with how outspoken he turned out to be.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    I don't agree with some of the things that he said but his message on some of the other things is spot on such as Shan Masood, domestic cricket etc.; to be honest I was a bit surprised with how outspoken he turned out to be.
    just makes him a bigger hypocrtie, what he said is true but he is guility of exactly the same thing x 10

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With all due respect to Imran Farhat, he was an atrocious opening batsman. I agree with what he says about Shan Masood but the irony is, all his words about Masood applied to Farhat himself too.

Not surprised to hear about MoYo - he was involved in Oathgate, had a very public fight with Malik and has continued his bitterness in retirement.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Remember Yousaf as captain instead of praising criticizing Khurram Manzoor's poor technique when the later was the highest scoring batsman with 70 plus in the innings in 2009-10. Tell's you all you need to know.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Find his arguments against Shan Masood to be the classic case of a poor, lower middle class guy being bitter, jealous of an upper middle class guy's upbringing.

I have met plenty of poor guys who are naturally very gifted versus some upper middle class, rich guys who are not as naturally gifted, in fact have learning disabilities, but the poor guys eventually got into the top educational institutes on scholarships, got the best gpas and got the best jobs and have now managed to uplift their lives forever. I have seen some of these ex-poor guys mock and make fun of the upper middle class, rich guys with things like "What is the point of you being born so rich, privilleged when today i have gone so far ahead of you?".

Fear of the day of judgement, fearing god and the fact that whatever he has blessed you with can be taken away from you in a heart beat cannot be taught or acquired but is just inherent.

That being said, lol the irony of Imran Farhat criticizing Shan Masood for being a ********. I am pretty sure if Imran Farhat had the work ethic of Shan Masood then he would have gone on to have had a better career.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ok, I can roll with that for a bit..........

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    All in all, I am satisfied with my career but I could have obviously done better than what I achieved. There were ups and downs during my playing career and there was some unnecessary involvement in politics as well due to my father-in-law’s connection with the PCB. However, I am proud to say that I was only ever selected for Pakistan due to being a top scoring batsman and nothing else. All my comebacks were made on merit and not because someone did a favour to me. As is well known, I was the first Pakistan player to have scored 2 triple centuries in domestic cricket. I have scored good runs against the top teams from the world including South Africa, England, West Indies to name a few. I feel that the players in the current team are lucky that they are able to play in the UAE which gets them easy runs but in my time, I had to play against tough oppositions away from home which wasn’t that easy.
    Wait.......What ??

Shan is someone we have seen closely at Habib Bank Limited team where basically he did not do well. He has an advantage of good education and his father is a senior figure in UBL who are one of the main sponsors of the PCB. One thing that one cannot doubt is that he is a hard-worker and we did do our best to improve him as a player at HBL. He of course uses his connections well so that even at practice, he is likely to get more practice time than others. He is by no means a natural talent but circumstances have forced him into the cricket setup in Pakistan. Other players with no connections and limited education background have a hunger to succeed and eventually become big players, whilst Shan does not fall in that category and will always struggle.
    Although he raises some very good points remind me to never take Farhat seriously ever again

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Ok, I can roll with that for a bit..........

Wait.......What ??

Although he raises some very good points remind me to never take Farhat seriously ever again
    Think you havent read the part where he scored 4000 runs; he also has 3 Test 100s and 14 50s so his opinion does have some weight

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Think you havent read the part where he scored 4000 runs; he also has 3 Test 100s and 14 50s so his opinion does have some weight
    His father in law also give threats to the safety of other selectors

Farhat also was also criticised by pretty much everyone coach we have had since Woolmer for his attitude and other darker stuff

I remember in 2010 waqar had a bust up with him over training

Then later Whatmore lashed out at him because farhat refused to take out drinks for young players.

He is allowed to have an opinion.

However all the comments he is getting are justified especially given his open and shockingly ironic His Hypocrisy is. This is Trump level delusion

I honestly reckon Farhat suffers from Projection
    Last edited by MenInG; 3rd November 2017 at 09:49. Reason: do not make any accusations without references

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    And his average in tests and odis is?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    And his average in tests and odis is?
    Nothing big but fact is that he did score those runs.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Comments about Moyo & Shan Masood. Shan Masood does not even deserve a spot in First class cricket, yet he continues to play and fail for Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great interview by a person who was unfairly maligned. Won us that test against Australia

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Respect to him for giving a straight-talking interview rather than just being politically correct.

Some very interesting thoughts from Farhat.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Respect to him for giving a straight-talking interview rather than just being politically correct.

This isn't politically correct, this is Trumpisim, ie , shamelessness and complete lack of introspection

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    This isn't politically correct, this is Trumpisim, ie , shamelessness and complete lack of introspection
    He's entitled to his opinions, just like you and I are.

Also he's been in the dressing room etc with the likes of Mohammad Yousuf so knows him better than most.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's entitled to his opinions, just like you and I are.

Also he's been in the dressing room etc with the likes of Mohammad Yousuf so knows him better than most.
    Off course he is, never said he didn't. I also have no issues with what he says about MoYo, anyone who is in impartial can clearly see he is incredibly conceited. Anyone who is impartial however will also be able to see the clear double standards, delusion and hypocrisy Farhat has exhibited in this interview.

It's not one or the other

He can be right about MoYo and Shan and yet still be incredibly disingenuous

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When your career is over, everybody starts talking straight...

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL at his comparison between Amir and Wahab. Amir is a 1000 times better.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KhanNn View Post
    When your career is over, everybody starts talking straight...
    He's still playing first-class.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's still playing first-class.
    Sorry I meant in terms of international cricket. Don't see him making a comeback. Yet, he is in Inzamam's good books as he praised Imam :p

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He says some surprisingly insightful stuff, but he also talks some nonsense.

He is completely wrong on mankading. The MCC specifically changed the rules to reflect it is the batsman's fault for not staying in his crease. It should be treated exactly the same as a bowler overstepping the popping crease by an inch and being called for a no-ball.

I disagree with him on Salman Butt, but can't say I am surprised he is defending him. After all, it is one TTF supporting another (corrupt) TTF. To be honest, he uses a very poor argument to try and defend his stance. His attempt to try and say there should be a blanket rule falls at the first hurdle. In all societies, legal systems etc. the treatment of one offender will vary from another offender because of the wider context.

Also, he is a bit of a hypocrite to be criticising others for nepotism but his point re Shan Masood is a valid one.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Excellent comments on shan masood. whats point having a very fit cricketer when he has no skills and doesnt know which end of a cricket bat to hold!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3885 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    This thread is a classic case of shooting the messenger. Excellent interview.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprisingly amazing interview.

Great read

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, a very nice interview. I never been a fan of IF, the batsman but really very impressive and candid comments about Pak cricket.

Could not agree more with IF, regarding his views about Shaan, MoYo , Butt and Imam.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Since Chachu sent to play ODI, on return kid has scored a pair in FC - another Taufique Umar syndrome.....