Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iPhone X first impressions

Coming from an iPhone 6 Plus this is an incredible device , Face ID works so well and feels so natural. Oled color corrected by apple looks so good with true tone

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will take some time getting used to the fact that there isn’t any home button.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The price here in India is 40% more than in the US market. This is insane. And still the isheep would buy it.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    The price here in India is 40% more than in the US market. This is insane. And still the isheep would buy it.
    I am going to buy it next month for gift to Mrs CC. I know it is overpriced but that makes is valuable as a gift.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    I am going to buy it next month for gift to Mrs CC. I know it is overpriced but that makes is valuable as a gift.
    That's different, you want to make bhabiji happy. That's fine. But I'm pretty sure you won't prefer it over Samsung Galaxy Note 8 unless it is meant to be flaunted as a status symbol. I mean there's no logic in paying 40% more than it's actual price in the US market.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's different, you want to make bhabiji happy. That's fine. But I'm pretty sure you won't prefer it over Samsung Galaxy Note 8 unless it is meant to be flaunted as a status symbol. I mean there's no logic in paying 40% more than it's actual price in the US market.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to buy from the US sites of Ebay and Amazon and cut out that extra 40%?

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In any case Iphone 10 is way over-priced for what you are getting in a phone. It is more of a status symbol while you can pay 300-400 dollars lesser and get a much superior phone in S8

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to buy from the US sites of Ebay and Amazon and cut out that extra 40%?
    No, it's not allowed by the customs.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its 🔥

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    They went way overboard with the price this time.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats the point mainly, the iPhone is a status symbol for Indians . Most of the time we are rarely using any of the iOS/Apple services here . Apple music - very weak, Apple pay isn't available , the only thing that works in India is samsung pay and most samsung users (top models) don't even know it exists, because again, the S series is the next best status symbol after an Iphone.

I'm seeing far too many people at work (I work in IT by the way) who always upgrade to the latest Iphones without ever using Apple reminders, pages, Icloud drive , notes or any such feature of IOS. So think about how the average iPhone buyer (Rich kids , rich businessmen ) would be using them .

Its mainly a piece of jewellery to flaunt, like a Rolex or a gold chain .

But it has it's perks too, I bought an iphone 5s in 2016 for 20k Indian rupees, but everywhere I went people gave me the same level of attention as someone who'd have bought it for 50k plus when it came out ! You can't dream of getting that level of recognition on even a 1 year old Android flagship, and my phone was in its 4th year of production ! It automatically identifies you to a vast majority of people as 'look , this dude's rich !", and I'm kinda cool with that TBH. Especially if you've bought an Iphone after a price - cut.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    Thats the point mainly, the iPhone is a status symbol for Indians . Most of the time we are rarely using any of the iOS/Apple services here . Apple music - very weak, Apple pay isn't available , the only thing that works in India is samsung pay and most samsung users (top models) don't even know it exists, because again, the S series is the next best status symbol after an Iphone.

I'm seeing far too many people at work (I work in IT by the way) who always upgrade to the latest Iphones without ever using Apple reminders, pages, Icloud drive , notes or any such feature of IOS. So think about how the average iPhone buyer (Rich kids , rich businessmen ) would be using them .

Its mainly a piece of jewellery to flaunt, like a Rolex or a gold chain .

But it has it's perks too, I bought an iphone 5s in 2016 for 20k Indian rupees, but everywhere I went people gave me the same level of attention as someone who'd have bought it for 50k plus when it came out ! You can't dream of getting that level of recognition on even a 1 year old Android flagship, and my phone was in its 4th year of production ! It automatically identifies you to a vast majority of people as 'look , this dude's rich !", and I'm kinda cool with that TBH. Especially if you've bought an Iphone after a price - cut.
    What really, really gets on my nerve is that Apple is now trying it's best to milk every single drop of penny from the iSheeps. It doesn't even include the fast charging plug. After you buy that, you'll have to buy the cord for it again separately. As for wireless charging, can you guess the rumored price for the device? It's bloody $200.

Even more hilarious if you break your display or the back of the device. It's gonna burn a hole so big on your pocket, you'll regret ever buying the original device. And it's an extremely fragile piece. Cnet tried drop testing it to check it's durability the other day, and it's back cracked on the very first attempt after dropping it on the pavement from waist height. It's absolutely ridiculous.
    Last edited by Hitman; 5th November 2017 at 16:20.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What really, really gets on my nerve is that Apple is now trying it's best to milk every single drop of penny from the iSheeps. It doesn't even include the fast charging plug. After you buy that, you'll have to buy the cord for it again separately. As for wireless charging, can you guess the rumored price for the device? It's bloody $200.

Even more hilarious if you break your display or the back of the device. It's gonna burn a hole so big on your pocket, you'll regret ever buying the original device
    . And it's an extremely fragile piece. Cnet tried drop testing it to check it's durability the other day, and it's back cracked on the very first attempt after dropping it on the pavement from waist height. It's absolutely ridiculous.
    This...one of my friend had an iphone 7 plus. The phone fell down and the screen was full of broken glass pieces. The showroom people told her that she will have to pay another 20 000rupees for a new screen.....

I was like wth? 1Lakh INR for a phone?

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    This...one of my friend had an iphone 7 plus. The phone fell down and the screen was full of broken glass pieces. The showroom people told her that she will have to pay another 20 000rupees for a new screen.....

I was like wth? 1Lakh INR for a phone?
    In case you break the back of the iPhone X, you'll have to end up paying more than $500.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thats the point mainly, the iPhone is a status symbol for Indians .
    Maybe in the circles full of students or software coolies working for peanuts. Not in the circles I am part of, where your status symbol is decided by your farmhouse, your luxury cars and your business turnover.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe in the circles full of students or software coolies working for peanuts. Not in the circles I am part of, where your status symbol is decided by your farmhouse, your luxury cars and your business turnover.
    Why do you prefer iphone X over Samsung note8?

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not everyone is as rich as you. For most Indians iPhone is indeed a status symbol. Mind you, not every Indian, but most Indians.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Iphone 7 that was £750 12 months ago isnt worth more than £250 anymore.

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother bought it.

Sure if it feels nice and designed very well.

But honestly if you have an iPhone 7 it's not worth paying £1000 for it. The features it has doesn't warrant the price.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    My brother bought it.

But honestly if you have an iPhone 7 it's not worth paying £1000 for it. The features it has doesn't warrant the price.
    You need to ask him for a £200 party

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you have the money then get it, but don't strut around saying it is the best phone out there because it isn't.

Its like a designer product, sure you can find a better suit than Armani with a little smaller price tag but then it won't have the Armani logo or prestige. Same situation here.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    My brother bought it.

Respect for your brother. Surely he is a person of class and good taste.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol India must be dirt poor where owning an iphone makes people think you're rich.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    Lol India must be dirt poor where owning an iphone makes people think you're rich.
    How is it in Pakistan?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the money then get it, but don't strut around saying it is the best phone out there because it isn't.

Its like a designer product, sure you can find a better suit than Armani with a little smaller price tag but then it won't have the Armani logo or prestige. Same situation here.
    Armani suits donít have logo....

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoniInsafian View Post
    Armani suits don’t have logo....
    On the inside.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HateKiller View Post
    How is it in Pakistan?
    I can only speak for America and over here it's a regular phone, I do think that Pakistan is a little wealthier than India so it might not be a luxury over there.

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Syed1

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

@Syed1

Upgrade to Galaxy LOL

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can only speak for America and over here it's a regular phone, I do think that Pakistan is a little wealthier than India so it might not be a luxury over there.
    Where do you get Pakistan is wealthier than india it might have been true 20-30 years ago not today they left us behind in the last 20 years. They might still have a large poor population but the middle class to upper class is 3 times our population at least

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year I went to Pakistan and a lot of people had iPhones and when they asked me what I had and I showed them my phone they were shocked. How can a guy from the UK have such a basic and cheap phone, albeit even if it's new. I said to them, my phone does what I need it to. It makes calls, texts and can access the internet. If required satnat works and I can access my banking and other apps. Most importantly it's not slow running multiple apps. I'm not going to buy a Samsung S8 or Applie iPhone because I'm sensible with my money.

My work people have given me a new iphone, not the latest generation, an older one and I can safely say it's the worst phone I have ever used. I would not be exagerating when I say that I think Apple users are stupid if they think the iPhone is user friendly. I have to carry the charge around because it's a custom one. All other phones have a common charger, so why can't Apple have the same?

Last week there was a massive queue outside of Apple on New Street. My first thought was sheep.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    They went way overboard with the price this time.
    Apple fans will buy it regardless

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    It is a luxury in Pakistan. An iPhone costs around PKR 70,000 a few months after the release, and the 256 GB iPhone X is going to cost in excess of 100,000.

Only a small section of the population can afford to spend so much money on a phone.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

@Syed1
    Samsung tweeting with their shovels, what a burial

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Samsung tweeting with their shovels, what a burial
    HHH gave his shovel to Samsung to pedigree Apple for the 1,2,3.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I think I am past that stage where I can upgrade my phone yearly, which is why I am thinking of biting the bullet and getting the 256 GB version, which should hold up for a good 3-4 years.

My experience with Apple products is that they are more durable than their counterparts. My Mother had issues with her Samsung phones only a few months after purchase, but her iPhone 6 has not given her any problems 3 years counting.

On a side note, I am also past that stage where I am going to rant on the internet over a phone and argue that a certain segment of the population are stupid and sheep for buying a particular phone. It really reflects your lack of maturity, nothing more.

All phones are good unless they explode, and if my tastes differ from others than that does not mean they are wrong and I am right, or vice versa.

Different people, different tastes, different perceived value and different levels of derived satisfaction. That's all. No need of bickering over it.

The reason why I prefer the iPhone is because I like the clean, simple interface of the iOS and I don't like to tinker with my phone much, and since I am not going to upgrade yearly from now onwards, the high price of the iPhone X is not an issue. As long as I can use it for 3-4 years, I am willing to pay the money Apple is charging.

Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently have an iPhone 6, so looking to upgrade around now.

Was hesitant with the iPhone X...If I am paying a premium for a phone, well, I kind of want it to be almost flawless, which the iPhone X didn't seem to be. Was unsure about FaceID, no home button, and that black tab at the top kind of obscures the screen.

Interesting to see what the feedback is from people who have bought it.

Have an S7 from work, so kind of want to avoid the Galaxy series.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the stupidest post of the year goes to you.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats the point mainly, the iPhone is a status symbol for Indians
    iPhone is a status symbol for everybody. Go to a developed country, take a iPhone 7 and present it as iPhone 8, and people will believe you. Thus, ppl buy it for its name, not necessary for its value nor functions.

Next, there is large market of bare minimum mobiles (cheap simple phone) in India. Thus, where there is a bare minimum market, the opposite of excessive premium market also exists. Thus iPhone is sold at such relatively higher price in India. Once the bare minimum mobile phones market reduces, (people switch to smartphones), iPhone prices will go down.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Samsung will never even be half the company Apple is.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Samsung will never even be half the company Apple is.
    You do realize Samsung doesn't just sell phones...

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by someone21 View Post
    You do realize Samsung doesn't just sell phones...
    Lol, that's the point. Despite all the home products it still isn't a match for Apple. Samsung's best selling items are washing machines and microwaves and that will soon be taken over by LG.

Apple's brand power is evident in the premium people are willing to pay for "just another" iPhone and the long lines witnessed this weekend around the world. Apple also has a cash pile of $250 Billion..yes Billion. It can buy Samsung, LG, and anyone else who thinks of making a phone all at the same time. Samsung can't even buy out it's largest competitor in the space it's perceived the 'best' as.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol, that's the point. Despite all the home products it still isn't a match for Apple. Samsung's best selling items are washing machines and microwaves and that will soon be taken over by LG.

Apple's brand power is evident in the premium people are willing to pay for "just another" iPhone and the long lines witnessed this weekend around the world. Apple also has a cash pile of $250 Billion..yes Billion. It can buy Samsung, LG, and anyone else who thinks of making a phone all at the same time. Samsung can't even buy out it's largest competitor in the space it's perceived the 'best' as.
    Yet Apple still buys the screens for its Iphones from Samsung.

Game. Set. Match.

Mic drop

Darwaza os taraf hai

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet Apple still buys the screens for its Iphones from Samsung.

Game. Set. Match.

Mic drop

Darwaza os taraf hai

Lol. Samsung can always remain a supplier...that's what it's good at. It's sad you think that seals the deal for Samsung...Also remind me which phones were banned on commercial flights because they would blow up out of nowhere? Talk about product development. LOL.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't hold of this from anywhere! Apple store, carphonewarehouse, john lewis all bloody sold out - people asking upwards of £1400 for a 256GB model! does anyone know where I can get this for it's original price?

Watching Dravid is worse than watching 2 coats of paint dry

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is the thing for me, I was considering between an iphone and a Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge a year ago, and the Samsung model at that time had more features which I valued, like wireless charging ( a Godsend) which iphones are only now offering with their newer models. There was a time when nothing came close to the iphone for quality, but I think the user experience is pretty much the same for both high end models right now.

I am not really interested in paying more because of Apple's brand power. I just want the best phone for the money. If that's Apple, I'll buy Apple. If it's Samsung, I'll buy Samsung. i'm probably going to upgrade again in six month's time, at the moment I think I'll probably stick with Samsung. I'm really happy with it, and I don't really want to be paying through the nose for Apple products because they can take advantage of tying you in to use their services only. Because of their 'luxury brand'.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's experience that counts nowadays, not technical specs, features etc. And nobody beats Apple iPhone in the overall user experience. Some call this experience as peace of mind, durability, great service etc. There are really many words to describe the overall fantastic experience of using iPhones.

People don't look for value, but rather experience of phones.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I have an honest question - why do Android fans get a tummy ache every time a new iPhone is released? It is well and good that you are enlightened enough not to buy into the iPhone hype, but why do you get foam in your mouth because millions and millions of people around the world have a different opinion?

Our very own tech expert @bones is a good example. You can see the steam coming out of his ears every time a new iPhone is released, and you can bet on him logging in through his Android phone to call iPhone users sheep year after year.

The fact that a phone of all things - and people's preference for that phone - is making lives miserable for so many people certainly sounds like a psychological problem to me.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I have an honest question - why do Android fans get a tummy ache every time a new iPhone is released? It is well and good that you are enlightened enough not to buy into the iPhone hype, but why do you get foam in your mouth because millions and millions of people around the world have a different opinion?
    It's so simple because they think their phones are better and they can be right. But's that's the issue. The parameter has changed, specs are secondary and primary thing is experience. Apple is no. 1 as I wrote in my earlier post here.

So Samsung can advertise about it's greater specs, but it's irrelevant. No wonder Samsung is trying to copy the Genius Bar and staffs. It's the overall package and experience.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    It's so simple because they think their phones are better and they can be right. But's that's the issue. The parameter has changed, specs are secondary and primary thing is experience. Apple is no. 1 as I wrote in my earlier post here.

So Samsung can advertise about it's greater specs, but it's irrelevant. No wonder Samsung is trying to copy the Genius Bar and staffs. It's the overall package and experience.
    I totally agree with you, but I am trying to look at it from their perspective.

Even if their phones are better, who cares? It is not a competition, and having a better phone is not going to give you a competitive edge in this world. What have the Android users achieved in this world by being enlightened enough to not spend money on iPhones?

Regardless of which smartphone you have, you are still going to perform the same basic functions. It is a phone at the end of the day, and it is embarrassing to see how passionate Android users are over the internet, and how much pride they take over the choices that they make in terms of buying smartphones.

I used to find them humorous, but now I have started to feel bad for them.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Even if their phones are better, who cares? It is not a competition, and having a better phone is not going to give you a competitive edge in this world. What have the Android users achieved in this world by being enlightened enough to not spend money on iPhones?

Regardless of which smartphone you have, you are still going to perform the same basic functions. It is a phone at the end of the day, and it is embarrassing to see how passionate Android users are over the internet, and how much pride they take over the choices that they make in terms of buying smartphones.

This exact same argument can be applied to a segment of Apple users as well, though.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    This exact same argument can be applied to a segment of Apple users as well, though.
    It does, but the percentage of iPhone users who clench their teeth every time a new Android is released is negligible compared to the number of Android users who fly off the handle every time a new iPhone is released.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I need a place to vent because I have not been as priviledged as others when it comes to phones, and now that I got one 6 months ago it has been hell.

LG is the worst company to exist on this face of the planet. Life's grim should be their slogan. Got the LG Stylo 3 6 months back and had another LG phone before that (which was decent but wasn't a galaxy or IPhone level phone) and this Stylo thing lags and gets stuck like no tomorrow starting a month after I got it. I'm very particular and protective of my devices so as to not get scratches etc on them and I gave it protective screen, nice phone cover (transparent), a home, food on the table, try to maintain storage space, and it has been a massive POS and a let down.

Verizon (the big US phone provider) is yet another pain in the bum because the sell back value for this pathetic device is $22 but the monthly plan has you paying off $300 for this trash.

I don't care if you buy Apple or Samsung phones, please don't buy LG. Every social event where you want to snap or instagram anything will be a harrowing experience. At least it has taught me to live in the moment instead of video or take a picture of it.

Right now it is stuck on camera mode, I removed the battery after it wouldn't reset (have to do this every now and then), and it's still stuck on camera mode lmao, no battery or anything in it.

Maybe I have to go to some buzurgh at LG store because some virus has possessed it.
    Last edited by Suleiman; 6th November 2017 at 18:28.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because it's not logical. For every other electronic products, we make decisions based on specs, prices. But whenever it's phones, decisions are based on experience. It's strange, and thus Android fans have a hard time accepting it.

Thus, Apple is more successful with phones than computers. Their Macs with the branding of "superior" experience is way behind. Here the specs, price matters and basically value. But experience> value in phones.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's break down the experience part:

Quality of phone: Apple and Samsung pretty even here (actually Samsung S8 and Note 8 are prettier). Google Pixel a step behind.

Screen: Samsung takes the cake no question about it, not even a comparison here

Camera: Google Pixel, followed by Iphone and then Samsung

Ability to customize: Android

Integration with Google services (maps, gmail etc etc): Android obviously (nobody uses Apple maps or their mail)

Voice assistant: Apple's Siri

Fingerprint sensor: Google and Samsung (these companies have had FaceID for a while so that doesnt even count)

Headphone jack: Samsung has it but Google and Apple did away with it (pretty big deal in my opinion, best audio companies still make their headphones with a 3mm headphone jack)

Charging cable: Most Android phones now use reversible USB-C and you can use cable from any company. For Apple you have to use Apple cable.

Ease of software: Apple used to be easy to use with their home button, but now Android seems easier since even though they don't have physical buttons they have software buttons. In latest IOS everything is done through gestures which is not as easy to learn and use as software buttons.

Quick charging: Pretty standard on even low end Androids, Iphone X has capability for it but you have to buy 40 dollar charger and 30 dollar cable extra to make it work (LOL fleecing the customers to the max)

Wireless charging: Samsung and Apple have it, Google doesn't

Battery size: Iphones are notorious for having small batteries. The S8 isn't much better, the Pixel 2 XL takes this one. (2700 vs 3000 vs 3520 mmah)

So there it is. I tried to remain as neutral as possible, even though I may have an underlying bias towards Androids specifically towards the Google Pixel 2 XL (which is going to be my next phone)

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    I need a place to vent because I have not been as priviledged as others when it comes to phones, and now that I got one 6 months ago it has been hell.

LG is the worst company to exist on this face of the planet. Life's grim should be their slogan. Got the LG Stylo 3 6 months back and had another LG phone before that (which was decent but wasn't a galaxy or IPhone level phone) and this Stylo thing lags and gets stuck like no tomorrow starting a month after I got it. I'm very particular and protective of my devices so as to not get scratches etc on them and I gave it protective screen, nice phone cover (transparent), a home, food on the table, try to maintain storage space, and it has been a massive POS and a let down.

Verizon (the big US phone provider) is yet another pain in the bum because the sell back value for this pathetic device is $22 but the monthly plan has you paying off $300 for this trash.

I don't care if you buy Apple or Samsung phones, please don't buy LG. Every social event where you want to snap or instagram anything will be a harrowing experience. At least it has taught me to live in the moment instead of video or take a picture of it.

Right now it is stuck on camera mode, I removed the battery after it wouldn't reset (have to do this every now and then), and it's still stuck on camera mode lmao, no battery or anything in it.

Maybe I have to go to some buzurgh at LG store because some virus has possessed it.
    Sorry eventhough this was a serious post, i died off laughing.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Because it's not logical. For every other electronic products, we make decisions based on specs, prices. But whenever it's phones, decisions are based on experience. It's strange, and thus Android fans have a hard time accepting it.

Thus, Apple is more successful with phones than computers. Their Macs with the branding of "superior" experience is way behind. Here the specs, price matters and basically value. But experience> value in phones.
    I bought a MacBook Pro in 2015 and it was one of the best decisions I have made. Two years one, it is still in pristine working condition and is by far the best laptop I have owned. However, my field of work doesn't need extensive use of computers etc. so compatibility isn't a problem.

Nonetheless, I do agree with you on the specs. I don't care about the features that I will never use, and I am very satisfied with the iPhone because it perfectly fulfills my needs.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^^ To the above, I'd like to add that certain apps such as Snapchat work alot better on Apple than on Android. So that might be a factor for some people too. Whatsapp and Facebook etc run same on both.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid87 View Post
    Currently have an iPhone 6, so looking to upgrade around now.

Was hesitant with the iPhone X...If I am paying a premium for a phone, well, I kind of want it to be almost flawless, which the iPhone X didn't seem to be. Was unsure about FaceID, no home button, and that black tab at the top kind of obscures the screen.

Interesting to see what the feedback is from people who have bought it.

Have an S7 from work, so kind of want to avoid the Galaxy series.
    Your experience hasn't been positive with the G7?

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your experience hasn't been positive with the G7?
    Sorry, S7.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    It's experience that counts nowadays, not technical specs, features etc. And nobody beats Apple iPhone in the overall user experience. Some call this experience as peace of mind, durability, great service etc. There are really many words to describe the overall fantastic experience of using iPhones.

People don't look for value, but rather experience of phones.
    Well at least (after my post) people are now talking about user experience rather than the glory of owning the Apple brand...which means jack to me. I'm going to be buying a new phone in six months time, I'll consider the iphone again. But I'll only buy it if it gives me something significantly superior over the Samsung, because I know for a fact I'll end up paying more for "the brand".

Do they have any version of swype keyboard yet on iphones? That and the wireless charging have been two of the best user experiences of the Samsung for the last 18 months. Hopefully iphones have caught up by now on both features.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a MacBook Pro in 2015 and it was one of the best decisions I have made. Two years one, it is still in pristine working condition and is by far the best laptop I have owned. However, my field of work doesn't need extensive use of computers etc. so compatibility isn't a problem.

Nonetheless, I do agree with you on the specs. I don't care about the features that I will never use, and I am very satisfied with the iPhone because it perfectly fulfills my needs.
    The point is ppl are less willing to spend the extra $$ for a computer with lower specs (Macs). But at the same time, more willing to spend for a iPhone which has lower specs. User Experience is the reason.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's break down the experience part:

So there it is. I tried to remain as neutral as possible, even though I may have an underlying bias towards Androids specifically towards the Google Pixel 2 XL (which is going to be my next phone)
    Experience isn't just about specs. You can give me a phone with better camera, but I prefer a iPhone due to its "superior" user experience.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Experience isn't just about specs. You can give me a phone with better camera, but I prefer a iPhone due to its "superior" user experience.
    How is it superior???

Care to explain?

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Iphone is a shiny piece of jewelry and is a status symbol. Anybody who claims it is the best phone out there or is even "superior" in any sense then they know absolutely NOTHING about phones. It's not a bad thing to be not technically up to speed, infact majority of the people aren't and that is Apple's target market.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post

Lolwhut?

Violates the law of conservation of energy there.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Lolwhut?

Violates the law of conservation of energy there.
    LG also defies law of beghairti.

I took a video of it with my webcam and will show it to these LG goons as proof. I couldn't believe it. Screen was black, battery removed, yet it still showed the icons when it's in camera mode.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, S7.
    Its fine. I don't use much of the features - its a company phone. So just for calls, and running a couple of work related apps.

Want to avoid carrying two of the same phones...that's all.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    How is it superior???

Care to explain?
    I would say up until the Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, iphone probably was superior in one way at least. It was, and always has been, a premium phone. The iphone 6 was seriously beautiful. I really preferred the round fingerprint sensor over the one they have on Samsung, although I'm not sure that's there any more with the new X model. It was just a beautiful phone in both look and feel in the hand. But with the move towards larger phones, it no longer looks that much different to any other, especially since other brands are turning out premium phones as well. It then just comes down to features and whether you are tied in to Apple's (expensive) ecosystem, or if you roll with Google.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    After seeing my Note 3 and Note 4 die in less than a year, I've given up on Androids.

Maybe things are better now but I'll stick to Apple.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After seeing my Note 3 and Note 4 die in less than a year, I've given up on Androids.

Maybe things are better now but I'll stick to Apple.
    Died within a year? How?

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Died within a year? How?
    Note 3 had a hardware malfunction which caused it to keep shutting on and off. I tried everything including changing batteries (3 times). Still don't know what happen.

Note 4 had this green screen pop up once and started heating up as time went on (3-4 weeks). After this, it simply died on me.

I took it in for repairs and the guy said it was impossible to repair. The phone was finished.

I walked to the Apple store and bought an iPhone (still going strong after a year or so).

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note 3 had a hardware malfunction which caused it to keep shutting on and off. I tried everything including changing batteries (3 times). Still don't know what happen.

Note 4 had this green screen pop up once and started heating up as time went on (3-4 weeks). After this, it simply died on me.

I took it in for repairs and the guy said it was impossible to repair. The phone was finished.

I walked to the Apple store and bought an iPhone (still going strong after a year or so).
    That's unfortunate. It would have been so much fun if those import taxes didn't swell up iPhone's cost here in India. I mean there's not a huge price gap between the Galaxy Note 8 and the iPhone X. It's because of import taxes that buyers in India end up having to fork out around 40% more money for the iPhone X. Same is the case with PS4. It has nothing to do with Apple or Sony. If it weren't the case, I myself would have preferred iPhone over any other android phone.

Which variant of iPhone do you use, period?
    Last edited by Hitman; 8th November 2017 at 09:28.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    That's unfortunate. It would have been so much fun if those import taxes didn't swell up iPhone's cost here in India. I mean there's not a huge price gap between the Galaxy Note 8 and the iPhone X. It's because of import taxes that buyers in India end up having to fork out around 40% more money for the iPhone X. Same is the case with PS4. It has nothing to do with Apple or Sony. If it weren't the case, I myself would have preferred iPhone over any other android phone.

Which variant of iPhone do you use, period?
    Have the iPhone 7 right now.

It's more than enough for what I need, plus you're spot on, the price is ridiculous.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    iPhone x is a waste of money, an iPhone 6 is doing great after 3 years, a 7 will live for another 4 years.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a MacBook Pro in 2015 and it was one of the best decisions I have made.
    I am an expert in the field. I work in IT and part of my job is to work on the EUC for users at an enterprise level. Trust me, your MacBook Pro is not the best decision you made. Thatís just on performance, value for money and the features you make reference to. If you donít care about the features you will never use and are satisfied with the basic operations that it provides, why waste your money on it? Iím not even talking about buying a laptop with a Windows OS, but anything can provide you with those basic features at a fraction of the cost.

It does, but the percentage of iPhone users who clench their teeth every time a new Android is released is negligible compared to the number of Android users who fly off the handle every time a new iPhone is released.
    Itís funny you should say that. Whenever I end up with a conversation about phones and I do often in my line of work, people are shocked when I say I donít have an iPhone and almost immediately they pull out theirs for what I can also class as showing off. I tell them and Iím telling you, my job is to make considered decisions for large client bases and Apple products simply donít meet any of the work performance and account cost objectives.
    Even if their phones are better, who cares?

If anyone should be feeling bad for anyone itís us feeling bad for you. You are happy to waste your money on a product that you yourself say do not use many of the features for and for perhaps 80% of the performance at best. I donít care if people buy a Samsung TV or a Sony TV, thatís their choice. But what I would definitely do is look at all factors and make an informed decision based on the pros and cons of each product. Whichever way you look at it, an iPhone or a MacBook or even a MacPro is simply not the most effective solution for you. Time and again youíve been caught out with your nonsense about what you like and what you want and time and again Iíve proven how you are wrong. You then revert to your feelings and ďwantsĒ rather than dealing with facts and figures.

Our very own tech expert @bones is a good example. You can see the steam coming out of his ears every time a new iPhone is released, and you can bet on him logging in through his Android phone to call iPhone users sheep year after year.

The fact that a phone of all things - and people's preference for that phone - is making lives miserable for so many people certainly sounds like a psychological problem to me.
    Well I wasnít going to reply to this thread but I saw a notification of you mentioning me in this thread so I had no option but to reply. You might think android users get worked up, but I think theyíre more likely to laugh at how stupid apple users are for wasting their money. Iím far more sensible than the average apple user and Iím definitely more sensible than you. I look at what services are required, I then calculate my budget and then look to find the most cost effective (cheap) product on the market. At the moment I have a very ordinary Sony phone, which has proven to run very smoothly, touch wood and does what it needs to. I recently joined my new company as a Technical Lead and they have issued out iPhones. A lot of people were excited about the new phones. Within the first 3 days I received (via the tech support mailbox) over 50 complaints about the phone. Some of the complaints include having to press ok after entering the pin. Another is having to carry charge around because Apple arenít using the same standard of USB charger. Perhaps the most telling one was from a HR Manager who asked if she could continue to use the old Nokia phone, she highlight her jump from Android to Windows Phones was never an issue, but the new iPhone is.

The end result is, we canít do much as a we have a corporate agreement with Vodafone for 36 months on these handsets. But at the end of the 3 years a survey will be conducted to determine which handset from a selection they would like to use.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I would say up until the Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, iphone probably was superior in one way at least. It was, and always has been, a premium phone. The iphone 6 was seriously beautiful. I really preferred the round fingerprint sensor over the one they have on Samsung, although I'm not sure that's there any more with the new X model. It was just a beautiful phone in both look and feel in the hand. But with the move towards larger phones, it no longer looks that much different to any other, especially since other brands are turning out premium phones as well. It then just comes down to features and whether you are tied in to Apple's (expensive) ecosystem, or if you roll with Google.
    I feel otherwise , Apple lost it's lead around the Iphone 4-4s and 5 era, when everyone else , especially Samsung caught up in terms of hardware and performance, and camera too and HTC did great design. But with the Iphone 5S, apple surprised everyone by moving over to 64 bit processeors, which gave them huge performance advantages and cool new hardware like the Fingerprint sensor/Touch ID.

Apple has more or less maintained the performance lead till now, and absolutely annihilated competition with the new A11 processor. The camera is one area where apple has ceded the lead.

With the launch of the bigger screen PLUS models , apple solved the 2 main grouses a lot of people had with Iphones - small screen and Battery. The plus models all give great battery life and the screen is good. The only weak model since the launch of the 5s is the Iphone 6 and to a lesser extent the 7.

But the software updates on IOS since IOS 9 have greatly improved the user experience. And android itself is trying more to refine itself than actually break new ground in UI.

Another factor in favor of apple is their hold over the market for premium small phones. with the SE model. With the android OEMs completely switched over to 5 inch devices and above, there is a very significant number of people who don't actually have any decent Android choices in the sub 5inch segment, who all are taking to the Iphone SE.

Apple saw double digit sales growth in India driven by the success of the - now manufactured in India - Iphone SE .

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I feel otherwise , Apple lost it's lead around the Iphone 4-4s and 5 era, when everyone else , especially Samsung caught up in terms of hardware and performance, and camera too and HTC did great design. But with the Iphone 5S, apple surprised everyone by moving over to 64 bit processeors, which gave them huge performance advantages and cool new hardware like the Fingerprint sensor/Touch ID.

Apple has more or less maintained the performance lead till now, and absolutely annihilated competition with the new A11 processor. The camera is one area where apple has ceded the lead.

With the launch of the bigger screen PLUS models , apple solved the 2 main grouses a lot of people had with Iphones - small screen and Battery. The plus models all give great battery life and the screen is good. The only weak model since the launch of the 5s is the Iphone 6 and to a lesser extent the 7.

But the software updates on IOS since IOS 9 have greatly improved the user experience. And android itself is trying more to refine itself than actually break new ground in UI.

Another factor in favor of apple is their hold over the market for premium small phones. with the SE model. With the android OEMs completely switched over to 5 inch devices and above, there is a very significant number of people who don't actually have any decent Android choices in the sub 5inch segment, who all are taking to the Iphone SE.

Apple saw double digit sales growth in India driven by the success of the - now manufactured in India - Iphone SE .
    All well and good, but every time I look to buy a new phone, I consider the merits of iphone, and I would say that the previous advantages were definitely premium feel and quality, and user experience. I did a lot of research on the Samsung 7 range before deciding it was worth going for, because all the reviews were that it was fabulous in those regards. I have found it to be true, not only that, I had over a year of enjoying wireless charging which iphone users are only now being offered. That and the swype keyboard are pretty much must haves for me in day to day use. The rest of the tech specs are all much of a muchness these days. You want more for your money, buy the top of the range model, they all pretty much offer the same thing.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    All well and good, but every time I look to buy a new phone, I consider the merits of iphone, and I would say that the previous advantages were definitely premium feel and quality, and user experience. I did a lot of research on the Samsung 7 range before deciding it was worth going for, because all the reviews were that it was fabulous in those regards. I have found it to be true, not only that, I had over a year of enjoying wireless charging which iphone users are only now being offered. That and the swype keyboard are pretty much must haves for me in day to day use. The rest of the tech specs are all much of a muchness these days. You want more for your money, buy the top of the range model, they all pretty much offer the same thing.
    Good to know you have a Galaxy S7 .. I bought one a few weeks back, huge diwali discounts .

What's your opinion on Battery life ? I get around 4 hours of Screen on time if the screen resolution is kept at 1080p.

And how does wireless charging work with the case on ?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Good to know you have a Galaxy S7 .. I bought one a few weeks back, huge diwali discounts .

What's your opinion on Battery life ? I get around 4 hours of Screen on time if the screen resolution is kept at 1080p.

And how does wireless charging work with the case on ?
    Mine's actually a Galaxy S7 edge, I bought it when it was first released so had it for about 18 months now. Wireless charging works with most cases on in my experience, I've got a few different cases and they all work, even the ones which don't advertise it. It's brilliant, I only need to charge my phone once a day, and so I set up the wireless charger in my bedroom, at the end of the night I just drop the phone onto the pad and next morning I'm good to go. I was thinking of getting another charger for downstairs, but then thought why bother when I only need to charge it once a day anyway?

That said, I don't use my phone for games or watching videos so YMMV. Maybe if I used it more for multimedia then I would be more bothered about battery life, but generally with moderate use I get to the end of the night with about 50% battery still full, although it's dropped to about 40% now because the battery is obviously a lot older. I don't have my screen at full resolution either, mine's at about 50% because that's more than bright enough for my usage. The Samsung screens are insanely bright anyway. I don't cut corners to skimp, I just put the settings to what I prefer by default.