Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 116 of 116
  1. #81
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,031
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like the only issue people have with Apple is the price of the products. People are writing essays on how they're experts and literally others should listen to their advice on what products to buy for their personal use. So typically desi.

    If you don't want to pay for an Apple product...don't...everyone has a different meaning of value. But others who are willing to drop the cash should not be getting lectures from people whose only concern is the price.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,204
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Seems like the only issue people have with Apple is the price of the products. People are writing essays on how they're experts and literally others should listen to their advice on what products to buy for their personal use. So typically desi.

    If you don't want to pay for an Apple product...don't...everyone has a different meaning of value. But others who are willing to drop the cash should not be getting lectures from people whose only concern is the price.
    No people have an issue with people calling Iphones the best phones out there when that is clearly not true. You can spend your own money on anything but dont claim it to be better than someone else's thing.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  3. #83
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,031
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    No people have an issue with people calling Iphones the best phones out there when that is clearly not true. You can spend your own money on anything but dont claim it to be better than someone else's thing.
    Go through the thread again. All people said was they like iPhone more... The Android fan base on this thread is trying to shove Android down other people's throat as the 'best' phone. Literally other than that one post of yours that compares features...everyone is complaining about the price and how iPhone users are dumb. All iPhone users have said the phone meets their needs and they're okay with paying for it. I'm not sure why that is bothering Android users so much.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,590
    Mentioned
    3890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    @bones

    The problem is that I (and millions of others) am simply not interested in what you think of iPhones and Apple products in general. I have been using them for a decade now and I have never had any issues. The problem with tech geeks like you is that you simply don't understand what user experience means and what customer satisfaction is all about. It is something that goes deeper than stats.

    For example, the major reason why I prefer iPhone is because of the iOS, which I prefer to Android and Windows. I am happy to forego certain features and pay a little extra for it. You will think that it is ridiculous, but that is perfectly fine. Your opinion is irrelevant to me as long as I am satisfied with what I have and what I buy, and buying the iPhone has not been a handicap for me in my professional and personal life, and it hasn't made me any poorer.

    I will continue to use their products as long as the maintain their high standards. I have never had a bad experience with their products and I have seen plenty of problems with Samsung phones etc. because I have a family member who uses them. That doesn't mean that Apple products are defect-free and there aren't any people who are not satisfied with Android phones, but I am only going to value my personal experience, which has been fantastic so far. Both with the iPhone and the MacBook, and I have no reason to switch to any other brand.

    My reason for tagging you was not to seek your expert opinion, but rather I was hoping that you will finally grow out of the age where you have to make feeble attempts to enforce your choices on other people over the Internet, especially when it comes to something trivial and personal like a phone. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out well, which is why I expect you to continue your crusade against Apple products in spite the fact that no one is going to stop using them because of your vitriol.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,232
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife got hers last night and I am impressed. I will hang on to my 6s for monetary reasons but if I had the money to splurge, I would definitely get it.

    I have tried android and windows phone and have to say in terms of stability and use ability, I find iPhone to be the best.

  6. #86
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    20,403
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Wife got hers last night and I am impressed. I will hang on to my 6s for monetary reasons but if I had the money to splurge, I would definitely get it.

    I have tried android and windows phone and have to say in terms of stability and use ability, I find iPhone to be the best.
    I think this was definitely true in the past, Apple created a walled garden which worked in their favour while it lasted, and as a result their users got a better experience and a stylish phone. Technology and style move on though, and now Apple is playing catch up in these fields. I might be wrong, but the iphone X looks suspiciously similar to the Samsung S7/8 edge range. I am not even planning on trading up to the S8 at the moment because the S7 edge is so good. Why would I want to pay £1000 to buy an iphone which is basically playing catch up?


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  7. #87
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,596
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its display doesnt work properly and the battery gets suddenly empty in cold temperatures.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    4,543
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Its display doesnt work properly and the battery gets suddenly empty in cold temperatures.
    A green line has developed in it's display of some of the phones -



    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  9. #89
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,232
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I think this was definitely true in the past, Apple created a walled garden which worked in their favour while it lasted, and as a result their users got a better experience and a stylish phone. Technology and style move on though, and now Apple is playing catch up in these fields. I might be wrong, but the iphone X looks suspiciously similar to the Samsung S7/8 edge range. I am not even planning on trading up to the S8 at the moment because the S7 edge is so good. Why would I want to pay £1000 to buy an iphone which is basically playing catch up?
    This might not be applicable to customers in some areas but here in the US the answer is very simple: customer service...

    I used to own a Samsung Note 3 and later a Samsung tablet with a 4g connection. I found them poorly made in comparison with Apple devices. I had to get them both services at various points and the Samsung service centers messed them up big time.
    When I switched to Samsung for the sake of android and itís ďopen sourcedĒ attraction, my wife didnít. If she had a problem, she would walk into any local Apple store and walk out with top notch service and support.


    Look everybody has their own preference and experience. I want zero downtime and zero breakages and quality prompt service. No other here in the US has been Able to compete with Apple in my experience. Their devices may be playing catch-up but in terms of reliability and quality craftsmanship, they are numero uno, IMO. An apple device just works. I donít mind the so called walled garden as long as it does the job for me without givIng me stress and tension.
    I have two windows machines, a Mac mini and two Linux machines to work outside of the ďwalled gardenĒ ecosystem if I need to. A phOne should not be used for adventurous or productive activities anyway.

    Hope you get my point.

    PS I use nvidia shield android tv as my main tv media center console and I think that trumps any streaming device or game console. So I am not an apple ******, I just donít like to limit myself to one ecosystem and believe multiple systems for different purposes approach works better.


    Once again to each his own!

  10. #90
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    1,411
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So letís see with iPhone X

    Consistently Apple creates the fastest cpu gpu smartphone combo

    Rated Best still photography camera

    Rated Second best video capture camera

    Best rated display on the market

    Most accurate color accuracy of any device on the market

    Least number of viruses of any major mobile OS

    Most performance driven apps on the market vs other Mobile OS

    Donít have to wait months for mobile updates


    Among others

    But of course to some itís just a useless expensive jewelry

  11. #91
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    1,411
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Its display doesnt work properly and the battery gets suddenly empty in cold temperatures.
    Apple announced software update to fix phone screen freeze issues on some X phones. No reports of battery being empty in cold temperatures

  12. #92
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,204
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PennOne View Post
    So letís see with iPhone X

    Consistently Apple creates the fastest cpu gpu smartphone combo

    Rated Best still photography camera

    Rated Second best video capture camera

    Best rated display on the market

    Most accurate color accuracy of any device on the market

    Least number of viruses of any major mobile OS

    Most performance driven apps on the market vs other Mobile OS

    Donít have to wait months for mobile updates


    Among others

    But of course to some itís just a useless expensive jewelry
    Lol don't present your opinion as fact. The only thing you got right was the fastest GPU/cpu performance.


    Dont talk about things you don't have knowledge off.

  13. #93
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    20,403
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    This might not be applicable to customers in some areas but here in the US the answer is very simple: customer service...

    I used to own a Samsung Note 3 and later a Samsung tablet with a 4g connection. I found them poorly made in comparison with Apple devices. I had to get them both services at various points and the Samsung service centers messed them up big time.
    When I switched to Samsung for the sake of android and it’s “open sourced” attraction, my wife didn’t. If she had a problem, she would walk into any local Apple store and walk out with top notch service and support.


    Look everybody has their own preference and experience. I want zero downtime and zero breakages and quality prompt service. No other here in the US has been Able to compete with Apple in my experience. Their devices may be playing catch-up but in terms of reliability and quality craftsmanship, they are numero uno, IMO. An apple device just works. I don’t mind the so called walled garden as long as it does the job for me without givIng me stress and tension.
    I have two windows machines, a Mac mini and two Linux machines to work outside of the “walled garden” ecosystem if I need to. A phOne should not be used for adventurous or productive activities anyway.

    Hope you get my point.

    PS I use nvidia shield android tv as my main tv media center console and I think that trumps any streaming device or game console. So I am not an apple ******, I just don’t like to limit myself to one ecosystem and believe multiple systems for different purposes approach works better.


    Once again to each his own!
    Well your experience was with older Samsung phones, and I already agreed that back then the iphone was definitely a superior product. I was talking more about cutting edge technology of the present high end phones. About customer service in the US I can't really comment, that would definitely be a big plus for iphones. I haven't had any issues with my S7 so maybe I would have a different opinion if I ran into problems.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  14. #94
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,232
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Well your experience was with older Samsung phones, and I already agreed that back then the iphone was definitely a superior product. I was talking more about cutting edge technology of the present high end phones. About customer service in the US I can't really comment, that would definitely be a big plus for iphones. I haven't had any issues with my S7 so maybe I would have a different opinion if I ran into problems.
    Thatís exactly it isnít it?

    Apple has retail stores in major metropolitan areas in the US. They have half a dozen or so where I am and I get speedy and top notch service when needed. They have been on the ball since day one and unlike others you quoted, they are not the ones playing catch-up in terms of quality and service. Once bitten twice shy. And the cutting edge technology may matter to some who simply want the fastest processor, the niftiest camera, etc, etc but some people like piece of mind and need stuff to ďsimply workĒ

    You know Apple launches big hardware/software upgrades late because they want to test and iron proof everything. Samsung doesnít. Because they want to be ahead of the pack, they roll out the latest gimmickry right away. Which is why I always thought their stuff was half baked and so does Android. You may disagree.

    I knew my way around tech enough to customize Android so much, it was starting to behave weird. Sometimes being too flexible can be a problem and thatís the problem with those of us who know how to tinker. In a way Apple keeps that in check for me .. lol.

    Nothing against modern Samsung gadgets. They look nice and Iím sure are better than their predecessors from 3-4 years ago.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,963
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have no issues with both android and apple. I like both of them but I find it funny when I see people queuing up to get their hands on new iPhone first. Reminds me of the langars we have here.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,232
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I have no issues with both android and apple. I like both of them but I find it funny when I see people queuing up to get their hands on new iPhone first. Reminds me of the langars we have here.
    Some people do just because they want to have it on the very first day, I have done it for other reasons in the past. I have the 6s at the moment so I have not been standing in lines or pre ordering for a while but I prefer to pre order than go stand in line, if I must have it.

    The reason: I was using my old phone to defray the cost of the new iPhone. For a long time I was basically paying nothing for the phone, because ATT would let me upgrade after a year for $300-400. I would sell my old phone to cover that cost and you can only get $300-400 for it if you sell it as soon as the new one comes out. Because if you wait, other sellers who upgraded, flood the market on eBay or Craig’s list and then you have to lowball your phone so you can sell it.

    For nearly 5 years, I was upgrading to the latest iPhones for wife and me for $0 then ATT changed the upgrade eligibility policy
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th November 2017 at 20:59.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,232
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way thatís another reason why I went back to iPhone. It retains its value the best and you can good resale out of it.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,697
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    By the way that’s another reason why I went back to iPhone. It retains its value the best and you can good resale out of it.
    I have all my old ones sitting there lol. How much in the US does a 5s , 6s and 7s used but decent condition sell for?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  19. #99
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    36,033
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've always liked Apple. They have a remarkable knack for making complex devices very user-friendly. Their customer service is also excellent; my 8 year-old MacBook went into their repair shop and came out like a new laptop less than a week later - I am sure it will now last for years more; and to say the fix cost about the same as a meal for 2 at Nando's.

    The iPhone X looks extremely neat as one would expect, however I am eons off the pace myself (started with a 4S which lasted for 4 years, then did a 5S for 2 years, and now on a 6S Plus) and I have thoroughly enjoyed all of these smartphones - after a while, how much more superb can a mobile phone really get?

  20. #100
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,031
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I have all my old ones sitting there lol. How much in the US does a 5s , 6s and 7s used but decent condition sell for?
    From my local Craigslist:
    5s: $130-200
    6s: $300-400
    7s: $500+

    You can sell them on Amazon, eBay, etc...

  21. #101
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,232
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly i would not know how much you can get for anything older than 6 or 7... 6 or 7 can easily go for upwards of 300-400 depending on storage size and condition and lock/unlock status.

    im sure you can get at least 150 for a 5 s provided its in a good condition.


    Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

  22. #102
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,232
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I've always liked Apple. They have a remarkable knack for making complex devices very user-friendly. Their customer service is also excellent; my 8 year-old MacBook went into their repair shop and came out like a new laptop less than a week later - I am sure it will now last for years more; and to say the fix cost about the same as a meal for 2 at Nando's.

    The iPhone X looks extremely neat as one would expect, however I am eons off the pace myself (started with a 4S which lasted for 4 years, then did a 5S for 2 years, and now on a 6S Plus) and I have thoroughly enjoyed all of these smartphones - after a while, how much more superb can a mobile phone really get?
    so here is another anecdote. i had a 2008 macbook which was not charging properly. i took it in back in 2013 (after 5 years of use and asked for a replacement charger.. they said it was not the charger and the charging port was bad. they offered to fix it for free since i had never brought it in since i purchased it and they could see we had also just upgraded to two new iphones at the store.

    that macbook is still running perfectly fine. i am using it as a test machine these days with all kinds of different linux distros running on it.

    that being said, i love their hardware for computers but not a very big fan of Mac OS though.


    Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

  23. #103
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,028
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got it delivered this morning, used it for an hour or so. I have to admit...I am loving it. The best part of the phone
    1. The unlocking of the phone is quite cool and quick.
    2. OLED screen - awesome clarity and color. Watching HD video is fun.
    3. Camera - I still have my 6s, the picture quality is much better.
    4. End to end screen - I always wanted a bigger apple phone but never went ahead due to the overall size and the risk of dropping it. This is just perfect - It's the size of a 6s but the display is bigger than 6plus.

  24. #104
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    1,421
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tested out the Iphone X at a reseller store yesterday along with the lot of 2017 flagships, except the U11.

    • The Screen is fabulous. Very sharp, very bright. I'd say it's a close fight between the S8/Note8 and the X for best screen ever. I love the vividness of samsung screens, but the X's display felt more lifelike in colour reproduction.
    • The notch ain't so bad. All aps aren't optimized yet, but the top doesn't really look bad, also loved the rounded corners.
    • Camera was stunning, didn't test out video.
    • The form factor is pretty damn good. Very good to hold. Doesn't feel ungainly like the very big Plus models of the Iphone. You get the same feel when you hold the Note 8 , but the Note feels more like holding a slab of screen alone. You are constantly afraid of dropping it . The x felt more easy to hold.
    • The glass back doesn't look great. The aluminum finish backs of past iphones was way better. My fav was always the Aluminum back of the 5s with the glass bars on either end.
    • The new UI, is pretty snappy. Loved how you can slide across the bottom to switch apps. The multitasking too wasn't that difficult, but it does take a bit of time to first figure out how exactly it works. Also the home option is easy, yet I feel apple could have done a sort of "haptic feed back" solution for the home key like Samsung did with the new S8/Note . You actually need some kind of vibration feedback for going home.


    Overall I'd say in terms of premium flagships, Apple has really made a phone that feels special (and expensive) and kind of shouts it out to the world too. Which is what most desis want from an very expensive phone by the way.

    In terms of displaying pure snobbery, the Iphone X and the New Note or S8+ (without any case) are THE devices to have.

    I has a look at the Pixel and Pixel 2 , but neither 'looks' premium for some reason. Its blazing fast and has a great camera, but you sort of feel like you are just using a Midrange moto at times. Google needs to differentiate it's devices a bit more. Especially if they wanna sell well in India. "Snob value" is the definitive feature that someone whose gonna shell out 60,000 rupees or more on a phone is definitely gonna look for here.

    The 'enthusiast' crowd is gonna aim for the next Oneplus, which will have the best hardware (except camera) and will cost half of these phones. You need more than a great spec sheet to sell very expensive phones in India.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    4,543
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iPhone X Plus with a 6.5" OLED screen coming next year. Apparently it'll have better screen resolution than the current iPhone X. Why not wait instead?

    https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/13...-iphones-2018/


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  26. #106
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,590
    Mentioned
    3890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    iPhone X Plus with a 6.5" OLED screen coming next year. Apparently it'll have better screen resolution than the current iPhone X. Why not wait instead?

    https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/13...-iphones-2018/
    Don't want a bigger phone than the X. The screen is already bigger than what I need, but it is not a problem since the dimensions of the phone are similar to iPhone 6/7. Can't imagine how people can carry the plus models as well as the Note. They look good but they are impractical.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    4,543
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Don't want a bigger phone than the X. The screen is already bigger than what I need, but it is not a problem since the dimensions of the phone are similar to iPhone 6/7. Can't imagine how people can carry the plus models as well as the Note. They look good but they are impractical.
    I'm a fan of bigger screens, although I'll admit it felt like a hassle when I first used them. Now it doesn't.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  28. #108
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,232
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Don't want a bigger phone than the X. The screen is already bigger than what I need, but it is not a problem since the dimensions of the phone are similar to iPhone 6/7. Can't imagine how people can carry the plus models as well as the Note. They look good but they are impractical.
    i agree. i compared the screen of iphone X with 8 plus and i think length is the same but plus is like a few cms wider


    Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

  29. #109
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,697
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    From my local Craigslist:
    5s: $130-200
    6s: $300-400
    7s: $500+

    You can sell them on Amazon, eBay, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    honestly i would not know how much you can get for anything older than 6 or 7... 6 or 7 can easily go for upwards of 300-400 depending on storage size and condition and lock/unlock status.

    im sure you can get at least 150 for a 5 s provided its in a good condition.
    I've had a look, seems much better prices in the UK. An Iphone 7 can sell for upto £600.

    I've decided to get the 8 not the X. Im not too convinced with the face id esp since it can greet your contacts lol. I'll wait a year for the new X.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  30. #110
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    1,421
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Don't want a bigger phone than the X. The screen is already bigger than what I need, but it is not a problem since the dimensions of the phone are similar to iPhone 6/7. Can't imagine how people can carry the plus models as well as the Note. They look good but they are impractical.
    The note 8 actually ain't that bad to hold. The new 18:9 aspect ratio makes it much easier to hold. Especially since the Note with the stylus is meant to be used as a "2 handed" device. I didn't feel it was that bad a device. But any more height and it will suck .

  31. #111
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    4,543
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    The note 8 actually ain't that bad to hold. The new 18:9 aspect ratio makes it much easier to hold. Especially since the Note with the stylus is meant to be used as a "2 handed" device. I didn't feel it was that bad a device. But any more height and it will suck .
    Have you had a look at it's screen? If yes, how better is it than the one of iPhone X?


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  32. #112
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,640
    Mentioned
    4234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    It's the Gilberg of SmartPhones

  33. #113
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    4,543
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    It's the Gilberg of SmartPhones
    I wonder who came up with the idea of that gimmick


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  34. #114
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,640
    Mentioned
    4234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I wonder who came up with the idea of that gimmick


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  35. #115
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    1,421
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Have you had a look at it's screen? If yes, how better is it than the one of iPhone X?
    The samsung store had the usual dull wallpapers set on the phone. I'm on a S7 now, so didn't feel a major jump from my screen apart from the Aspect ratio. But Samsung screens were already the pinnacle of AMOLED displays.

    The Iphone X felt sharper and the brighter (was maxxed). Overall, the front face of the iphone has thicker bezels than the note as well as the rounded edges + Notch. In a sense the X's face grabs more attention TO THE DISPLAY than the note which itself is way more eyeball grabbing than all other flagships. But the edge is very gimmicky in the sense , it is very reflective. Still, holding it feels like you only have the screen , pretty much lives up to the "infinity display " tag.

  36. #116
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    20,403
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I think the main standout feature of the iphone X has to be the face recognition technology. That is something that would make me want to buy it but I'm not going to be upgrading for another six months so I'll see where we are then. I would imagine the price of the X will have dropped by then, and other manufacturers will be offering similar features.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •