Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

West Indies and Pakistan to play series of T20Is in Pakistan and USA

Full quotes below

"West Indies have confirmed that a full national team will come to Pakistan in 2018 and play 3 T20I games March 29, 31st, 1st April"

"As you may know that there was talk of tour in November by the West Indies but the weather conditions were not good so we didnt take that risk"

"West Indies and Pakistan Cricket boards have announced an agreement to play a series of T20I matches each year for the next 5 years in Pakistan and the USA"

"So West Indies will come to Pakistan for five years starting 2018 and we will go to the USA and play there"

"When we play in the USA it will be a tri-lateral series, the third team will be included later"

"Now we have made this announcement to lay to rest all the speculation and to show that these arent just one-off games but a firm tie-up for 5 years with the West Indies"

"This is a bilateral agreement which is out side the ICC approved FTP program"

"The third country (for the US Leg) will be decided later and can be different every year"

"The dates for USA leg have not been finalized as we need to find a broadcaster and a third country as well"

"The USA leg of this agreement will be a joint venture between both boards"

"There is no comparison between the situation between India and West Indies when it comes to playing in Pakistan"

"Some other teams have shown an interest in coming to Pakistan but we havent made any discussions with them as we dont have time due to our FTP commitments"

"The West Indies feel that its more commercially viable to have the series in the USA and there could be great interest if there is a Tri-lateral tournament there"

"We felt that due to smog this was the best thing to do; Our PSL will finish by the time and there will time for the WI players to play in Pakistan and then depart for the IPL"
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th November 2017 at 14:19.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope they tour pakistan

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Excellent news for Pakistan cricket but lets hope it happens

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news.. This is a contract signed bw two boards so that gives little more confidence that this will happen

SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent news!
    Looking forward to seeing our new rejuvenated star studded Pakistan team play in the USA...

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    774 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Good to arrange some matches in the USA, the expats will be thrilled, but don't see cricket catching on there.

We've had four T20Is in the Caribbean, the 3 T20Is vs World XI, the three Sri Lanka T20s, a Zimbabwe T20I tri-series scheduled for next June and now this arrangement. This is overkill.

Nothing against the format but all these T20Is would make sense if a T20 World Cup was around the corner.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Good to arrange some matches in the USA, the expats will be thrilled, but don't see cricket catching on there.

We've had four T20Is in the Caribbean, the 3 T20Is vs World XI, the three Sri Lanka T20s, a Zimbabwe T20I tri-series scheduled for next June and now this arrangement. This is overkill.

Nothing against the format but all these T20Is would make sense if a T20 World Cup was around the corner.
    The 3 T20’s against the WorldXI were the only ones which mattered because they were bigger than just cricket.

We should play an ODI tri series in Zimbabwe instead of T20I’s.The WC will be less than a year away at that point.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Washington Dc
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PCB gets West Indies Cricket Board's consent to play T20Is in Pakistan and USA

After much indecision, the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has finally come to terms with Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to play a T20 series each year in Pakistan and the United States for the next five years.
    The news was revealed by PCB Chairman Najam Sethi at a press conference on Saturday. Sethi exclaimed, “There has been a lot of speculation regarding Pakistan and West Indies series. I can confirm now that both the boards have reached an agreement under which we will play a T20 series each year for the next five years in Pakistan and USA subject to availability of dates and venues which will be finalised later.”
    He confirmed that a three match T20I series will be played on March 29, March 31 and April 1 in Lahore with the West Indies board confirming they will send their full national side to Pakistan.
    “This series couldn’t be held in November as earlier planned due to adverse weather conditions and we didn’t want to take any risk,” he added.
    Sethi went on, “The series in the USA will be a triangular series with Pakistan, West Indies and a third team to be finalised every year and the broadcaster for the first series in the USA in 2018.”
    Asserting that this bilateral arrangement between the two boards was outside of the official future tours program of the International Cricket Council (ICC), Sethi further added, “I want to say here that this agreement is part of our endeavour to bring back international cricket back to Pakistan in a proper way.”

This is your chance for yall Pakistan fans in the Usa

Source:http://www.timesnownews.com/sports/a...and-usa/123697

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Washington Dc
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in the Usa and im hoping they are touring usa next year during summer so I could go to my first cricket game ever, any Ppers living in the Usa or Canada also wanting to go?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    PCB should make sure that first round is in PAK .......

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good news is that we will get some consistent cricket in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So finally I will watch Pakistan team playing here in USA, can;t wait.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope the third team will be India.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdulm123 View Post
    I live in the Usa and im hoping they are touring usa next year during summer so I could go to my first cricket game ever, any Ppers living in the Usa or Canada also wanting to go?
    I'll be there. Wherever it is. I hope they will try to distribute the T20s between different US cities too. Lauderhill is a good facility for what it does but adapting a US baseball stadium could come in handy to get bigger crowds.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also from USA, if Pakistan end up playing her (probably Florida) I'm definitely making the trip

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Count me in. Would be great to see my first live international live game in a stadium as well.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Canada but if I get the chance, I will definitely go to see my first ever international cricket match.

Debut
    Jun 2016
    Venue
    Los Angeles, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully they play in Los Angeles as well otherwise will travel anywhere in US to see our stars

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Definitely making the trip to third world USA to watch this match

Debut
    Dec 2007