Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Najam Sethi says that the PSL 2018 final will be held in Karachi

During PSL drafts Najam Sethi announced that PSL final will be held in Karachi.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  PSL KHI.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  73.7 KB

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Great news if true!

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Great news if true!
    Must be true because Sethi said it.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great news for Karachi

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Toronto-Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBF he said they will "try" their best as long as the stadium is ready in time

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay,NSK is like a 10 minute drive from my place.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 So much for Punjab Cricket Board.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news!

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    We were told that the PSL has been limited to Lahore only because of political agenda, while safer cities like Karachi etc. have been ignored.

The conspiracy theorists always end up licking their wounds, but unfortunately they don't seem capable of learning.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    We were told that the PSL has been limited to Lahore only because of political agenda, while safer cities like Karachi etc. have been ignored.

The conspiracy theorists always end up licking their wounds, but unfortunately they don't seem capable of learning.
    Can't disagree but you can't blame fans for being disappointed that matches were only held in Lahore. Couldve played srilanka in Karachi or played a match in world xi series in Karachi.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it. Open up the venues one by one...

Next destination should be Islamabad

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htariq25 View Post
    Can't disagree but you can't blame fans for being disappointed that matches were only held in Lahore. Couldve played srilanka in Karachi or played a match in world xi series in Karachi.
    One step at a time, PCB are not in a position to rush things. After a few games in Karachi, there will be murmurs that what about Multan, Faisalabad and Rawalpindi. They will also get to host matches in the future, but we need to take things slowly and keep our agendas at bay.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I like it. Open up the venues one by one...

Next destination should be Islamabad
    There isnt any stadium in Isloo. There is one in Pindi though.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally after so much pressure! Good News for Pakistan Cricket if this really happens

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good aim. Best of luck to Pk.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

Though I don't argue, but mark my words PSL Final will not held in Karachi. This is card played well by Sethi but in the end you will see he will be telling us reason of not holding in Karachi. He possess good political mind

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafay Shafiq View Post
    Though I don't argue, but mark my words PSL Final will not held in Karachi. This is card played well by Sethi but in the end you will see he will be telling us reason of not holding in Karachi. He possess good political mind
    I will be the bet commissioner. If it is - you retire from PP. Fair?

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htariq25 View Post
    I am a karachiite and I saw this tweet posted by Najam Sethi, basically the Karachi stadium has been such a mess that it has to go through immense rennovations and a rate of knots to even get the place ready in time in 3 months is a challenge.

Apparently roofs are falling, and have broken down, drainage system is a mess leaking water etc. Even if this place is ready for International standards in 3 months, I'm not expecting much from the facilities that are there.

The layoff of 8 years has made the place pretty barren and far off the standards modern stadiums are at now.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    I am a karachiite and I saw this tweet posted by Najam Sethi, basically the Karachi stadium has been such a mess that it has to go through immense rennovations and a rate of knots to even get the place ready in time in 3 months is a challenge.

Apparently roofs are falling, and have broken down, drainage system is a mess leaking water etc. Even if this place is ready for International standards in 3 months, I'm not expecting much from the facilities that are there.

The layoff of 8 years has made the place pretty barren and far off the standards modern stadiums are at now.
    Yup this is what even Rashid Latiff was saying on TV, hes saying the amount of renovation work karachi and Islamabad cricket stadium need you may as well build new stadiums with the money you are going to spend on them.

Apparently the pitch at karachi is so dead and low and PCB is planning to import a pitch from over seas at the cost of $1 million. Karachi stadium needs to drainage at the ground itself, new player changing rooms and shower facilities, needs a gym in the stadium etc.

My best advice to PCB is get into a partnership with bahrain town karachi and spend money with them on their stadium making sure its a fine international stadium karachi can be proud of.