Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Since you think sarfarz is a saint do you think Asad, Anwar are gonna help pakistan in future. Let's see if he plays saud ahead asad.
    They won't play for Pakistan National t20 team.

Here in PSL they were the combine pick of management and I have gave the reasons few times in above post. Asad will play in the starting matches as he is a Gold pick but will be replaced if he fails in 3 matches.

Sarfraz captaincy record even with weak teams is excellent because he takes winning too seriously even for his club sides and thats why being called as a born leader by likes of Rashid Latif and Azam Khan and those who know him since childhood. I dont think he will compromise winning for friendship. But he doesn't have the choices. Saad and Saud arent t20 players either.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Failing in 1 series should not be the criteria of omission. Azhar was our second best batsman in CT. If we find someone like Sharjeel than Azhar should make way. Till then he is better than the likes of Imam and Amin who are similar but technically weak plus Azhar is a true team player and Sarfraz loves such players. Mickey too!

Yes but if he fails with innings like 10 off 20/25 balls with him struggling to rotate strike and time the ball which is what has happened in the past. Calls for him to be dropped will be right.

I am a big fan of Azhar, but at 32 I don't see him improving on his weakness in LO game better for him to concentrate on tests. He could lose his core strengths as a batsmen by playing ODIs.

Team players are important but they need to be a fit for that format. Azhar might have done well in a few games but that can only carry you so far.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post

Yes you have followed Sarfrazs career and are his fan, whilst I don't hate Sarfraz and I do have my own favourite players. Pakistan winning is more important to me than my favourites doing well so I will critizce when necessary.
    I dont make personal remarks on you defending your fav players All we are giving is our opinion. Plus almost everything which I have said about Sarfraz is becoming true with time. You can see my posts from February on him.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes but if he fails with innings like 10 off 20/25 balls with him struggling to rotate strike and time the ball which is what has happened in the past. Calls for him to be dropped will be right.

I am a big fan of Azhar, but at 32 I don't see him improving on his weakness in LO game better for him to concentrate on tests. He could lose his core strengths as a batsmen by playing ODIs.

Team players are important but they need to be a fit for that format. Azhar might have done well in a few games but that can only carry you so far.
    I would play Azhar in 2019 WC if we dont find someone like Sharjeel. Amin and Imam are similar and Azhar is superior technically. Need someone like him at top in England. Pakistan wont chase much and we need a good technical player if in a match there are difficult conditions. Sahibzada is weak on front foot lets see how he develops.

Plus I have always gave extra points for team players. You can say this is one thing which I put high emphasis when rating a player. Azhar is a team player and team player win you tournaments while Individual performances lead you to defeats. See 1996 and 1999 WC for example.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    Mentioned
    981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Rahat ali????

Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would play Azhar in 2019 WC if we dont find someone like Sharjeel. Amin and Imam are similar and Azhar is superior technically. Need someone like him at top in England. Pakistan wont chase much and we need a good technical player if in a match there are difficult conditions. Sahibzada is weak on front foot lets see how he develops.

Plus I have always gave extra points for team players. You can say this is one thing which I put high emphasis when rating a player. Azhar is a team player and team player win you tournaments while Individual performances lead you to defeats. See 1996 and 1999 WC for example.

Bhai not everyday Pakistan bowlers will restrict teams to 250 or below. Most English pitches now in ODIs are flat so 300 plus will be scored in WC, what use is Azhar then?

Sahibzada will work with Dean Jones and improve Inshallah. Also hopeful on Hussain Talat .

Team players are important but most important thing is having players who fit the format. Not everyone has Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad attitude. So if Azhar isn't performing , his place in the side will be questioned and rightly so.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So if Azhar isn't performing , his place in the side will be questioned and rightly so.
    Yep but I dont think he should be dropped after 1 failure in NZ.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sahibzada will work with Dean Jones and improve Inshallah. Also hopeful on Hussain Talat .
    Yes lets see, as these 2 can bring more value to the side than Imam and Amin imv.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They won't play for Pakistan National t20 team.

Here in PSL they were the combine pick of management and I have gave the reasons few times in above post. Asad will play in the starting matches as he is a Gold pick but will be replaced if he fails in 3 matches.

Sarfraz captaincy record even with weak teams is excellent because he takes winning too seriously even for his club sides and thats why being called as a born leader by likes of Rashid Latif and Azam Khan and those who know him since childhood. I dont think he will compromise winning for friendship. But he doesn't have the choices. Saad and Saud arent t20 players either.
    My point is who whould you like to see Asad or Saud? Also there are many better players then shafiq in t20s. Forget about his winning and being born as a leader i am not talking about that. He is a good leader which i don't deny.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    My point is who whould you like to see Asad or Saud? Also there are many better players then shafiq in t20s. Forget about his winning and being born as a leader i am not talking about that. He is a good leader which i don't deny.
    I would anyday like to see Saud. Not because I see him as our future in t20s but because I rate the kid and think he will do great in tests. Kind of similar journey to Haris Sohail. Always the best at tests but got into consideration of selectors after his performances for Sialkot stallions t20 team. Unfortunately t20 is the only format where matches are televised.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would anyday like to see Saud. Not because I see him as our future in t20s but because I rate the kid and think he will do great in tests. Kind of similar journey to Haris Sohail. Always the best at tests but got into consideration of selectors after his performances for Sialkot stallions t20 team. Unfortunately t20 is the only format where matches are televised.
    The one thing i like about you is that you are honest and don't defend you favourites at all cost. As you have admitted that most likely Anwar and shafiq won't play for Pakistan in LOI,s, then i don't see the point of selecting them for QG specially when there are much better players who haven't been selected. This is one thing i hope Sarfraz does in future.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz doesn't deserve to captain this crap side. His captaincy has led them to ridiculous victories. Time to give the Quetta gladiators to a youngster and make Sarf captain of Karachi Kings, a team who he truly deserves to lead.

Dhoni always had the strongest side in Chennai Superkings, over here our captain gets the crappiest team which he then leads to the finals each time.

Imad Wasim gets to captain the strongest side in the tournament what a joke man..

Also time to remove Misbah who is a cricketing fossil and United need to find a new dynamic leadership to groom for the future.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are Sarfraz's close friends from what I know:

1. Babar Azam
    2. Asad Shafiq
    3. Wahab Riaz
    4. Azhar Ali
    5. Anwar Ali
    6. Mohammad Nawaz

Babar makes the national team on merit and other than that no one from them has seep in the National side due to his 'bias'. You guys should know more about Sarfraz how he functions. I am still waiting for tose posters who said Nawaz will play against SL as he is friend of Sarfraz.
    Nawaz played against the World XI when Yamin deserved the spot. Good on him for not selecting the pseudo-allrounder Nawaz in one T20. I am sure he wanted to but Mickey talked some sense into him.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Garrett View Post
    Nawaz played against the World XI when Yamin deserved the spot. Good on him for not selecting the pseudo-allrounder Nawaz in one T20. I am sure he wanted to but Mickey talked some sense into him.
    Don't remember the last time we played 4 fast bowlers in Asia. I like Yamin and its unfortunate he missed out but playing 4 fast bowlers is not feasible here. Lastly, Sarfraz in a recent interview has said that we are trying to groom Yamin as we see him and Fahim as our fast bowling allrounders in England next year. You might see Yamin in NZ too (thats my guess).

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha Rahat ali was taken to the cleaners today he gave away 55 it looked like everyone was hitting him sixes for fun he gave away so many sixes i cant count even tale enders who cant hold the bat hit him for sixes , he has given 100 odd in two games how did he get picked

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Gold

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Left-arm spin all-rounder Mohammad Junaid added to the squad from the talent hunt.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 29th December 2017 at 11:31.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quetta have gathered quite good players but they need to find a fast bowler if injury occurs..thats the area which needs to be inproved and umar amin has to play.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Left-arm spin all-rounder Mohammad Junaid added to the squad from the talent hunt.
    thats too many they already have 2.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: The Pakistan Super League (PSL) franchise Quetta Gladiators have announced their star-studded squad for the HBL All Stars Muqabla exhibition match which would be played against Islamabad United on February 15 at the Pindi Stadium.

The squad will consist of Pakistan and Gladiators captain Sarfaraz Ahmad, former skipper Moin Khan, owner Nadeem Omar, star all-rounder Abdur Razzaq, Asad Shafiq, Anwar Ali, Ramiz Raja Jr, Umar Amin, Mohammad Junaid, Mohammad Azam Khan, Faraz Ahmad Khan, Nabeel Hashmi, Waqar Ali Syed and Hasan Omar.
    Celebrities who would be seen in action for Gladiators are film star Saud, actors Feroze Khan, Shahroze Sabzwari, singers Fakhir and Aima Baig.

Meanwhile, former captain Misbah-ul-Haq, Rumman Raees, Shadab Khan and others will be seen in action for Islamabad United.

Gladiators captain Sarfaraz Ahmad has urged the people of Islamabad and Rawalpindi to come and join the stars at the Pindi Cricket Stadium.

“It’s a great initiative by Quetta Gladiators team to launch All Stars Muqabla and become the first PSL franchise to build such an asset. We’re playing Islamabad United in our first ever exhibition match and I’ll urge the people of twin cities to be part of this celebration,” Sarfaraz said,

“I hope that this All Stars Muqable would be a huge success with support of passionate Islamabad and Rawalpindi crowd and this would give a good launch to both teams going into PSL. We’ll the play the second leg of the exhibition match in Quetta after the PSL. I want the public to come out in numbers because we’re coming to provide them entertainment.”
    Quetta Gladiators owner Nadeem Omar hoped that this All Stars Muqabla will become a huge success.

“I’m hopeful that All Stars Muqabla which is property of Quetta Gladiators will be a huge success and we would be able to take this to all cities of Pakistan. This year we’re playing two matches against United while I hope that we would play with other PSL franchises as well next year,” Nadeem stated.

“We would try to give the best possible entertainment to the people of Islamabad and Rawalpindi.”
    Meanwhile, team manager Azam Khan assured fans that apart from entertainment, people would get to see some really good cricket too.

Apart from the match itself, series of musical performances have been arranged for the public.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 13th February 2018 at 12:23.

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would some of the overseas players playing this event?

Plz don’t bring politics into sports!

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-02-17 at 5.57.12 PM(1).jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  44.4 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-02-17 at 5.57.16 PM.jpg
Views: 1349
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-02-17 at 5.57.16 PM(2).jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  38.1 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-02-17 at 5.57.16 PM(1).jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  51.2 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-02-17 at 5.57.15 PM.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  40.3 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-02-17 at 5.57.14 PM.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  48.2 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-02-17 at 5.57.14 PM(1).jpg
Views: 1346
Size:  44.1 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-02-17 at 5.57.13 PM.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  39.7 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-02-17 at 5.57.12 PM.jpg
Views: 1334
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-02-17 at 5.57.17 PM.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  41.8 KB
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 17th February 2018 at 12:32.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azam Khan has lost some kilos in last few days

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a seriously ugly suit.
    The blazer and pants should be of same colour. Plus what an ugly tie. The logos make it even worse.

Fire that designer

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Shane Watson, John Hastings, Rilee Rossouw have arrived.

Jofra Archer, Kevin Pietersen to join us on Feb 20th. Sir ViV expected to land on 21st

Asad Shafiq and Sarfaraz Ahmad have also joined the team

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Name:  IMG-20180218-WA0026.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  164.3 KB

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    New training kit

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Name:  fe85b416-79f2-4009-951c-496780871aea.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  161.2 KB

Name:  97b1e2a1-a40f-48fc-9a4c-fed262825942.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  150.3 KB

QG beat Peshawar Zalmi by 8 runs

PZ
    Kamran 50 runs 18 balls retired out
    Haris Sohail 19
    Khalid Usman 17

QG
    Mir Hamza 16/2
    Rahat Ali 19/2

Last edited by Abdullah719; 18th February 2018 at 18:23.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Name:  DWk430pWAAAZuZ9.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  200.8 KBName:  DWk430pXUAIgEX4.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  237.2 KBName:  DWk430sW0AAvb8A.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  245.1 KB

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Rahat opens the bowling for Quetta, I'll turn off the tv for a minute and stay silent for one minute to pay respect to all those talented or deserving players who never got a chance in the Psl.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDoritos View Post
    If Rahat opens the bowling for Quetta, I'll turn off the tv for a minute and stay silent for one minute to pay respect to all those talented or deserving players who never got a chance in the Psl.
    That's sad, you'll miss the bowling spell of a lifetime

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The PSL is held every year to celebrate the talent of the Phenom. Please start respecting it.

#Last air bender

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is that the new QG kit? Looks dope

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't know why, but LOLed when I read this.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Is that the new QG kit? Looks dope
    Training kit.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quetta is the only team in the PSL that truly challenges itself. Every year they've made the final and every year they come back with an even weaker squad whereas all other teams come back stronger.

This year their batting will be carried by a 37 year old Pietersen and probably Watson and their only half-decent pace bowler is Jofra Archer who will surely be used as Anwar Ali's sidekick.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Umar Amin will carry the bowling unit.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris green is joining quetta. Any Good?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Chris green is joining quetta. Any Good?
    Okish, can bat a little bit also

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Any team that has Anwar Ali and Rahat Ali in their bowling line-up will always run the risk of defeat.
    You have guys like Mir Hamza warming the bench but I guess he's not best mates with the skipper.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last five wickets falling for just one run. Quetta achieved what they wanted, a truly disgusting performance.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Awful performance, awful selection.

QG are like LQ only difference is they have KP who can win them a game or two on his own.

At the moment they don't look like a team who will make the final.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DUBAI: Pakistan national cricket team and Quetta Gladiators skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed has on Monday expressed confidence in his PSL franchise to turn things around in the tournament after a couple of disappointing outings.

Speaking to the media, Sarfaraz said that there are plenty more games to be played and that with veterans like Kevin Pietersen and Shane Watson in the ranks, the Gladiators are capable enough to make a comeback.

Lauding Sarfaraz, Kevin Pietersen said that the Pakistan skipper is liked by everyone in the team and that he has a ‘great cricketing mind’. The former England test cricketer also urged the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to continue with Sarfaraz as the captain for the World Cup 2019.

Quetta Gladiators have suffered back to back defeats at the hands of Peshawar Zalmi and Multan Sultans, pushing them down to the fifth spot in the points table with just four points in five fixtures.

The team is scheduled to face Multan Sultans on Wednesday as they look to avenge their convincing defeat at the hands of the new entrants earlier this month.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/210749/que...says-sarfaraz/

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Mir Hamza sat carrying the drinks when the likes of Anwar Ali are being picked in every match.

God help Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asad Shafiq still somehow manages to open ahead of guys like Saad Ali and Saud Shakeel.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ‘Quetta will bounce back’

DUBAI: Asad Shafiq, Pakistan’s test player and Quetta Gladiators’ opening batsman, has said that Quetta Gladiators will bounce back in the second phase of Pakistan Super League (PSL).

Speaking to Dawn exclusively here on Sunday, Shafiq said that Quetta Gladiators had got off to a good start, but consecutive losses have halted their progress. “It happens very often when you play back to back games. The tournament, however, is pretty much open and the sort of team we have, I am sure that we will bounce back,” said Shafiq.

Quetta Gladiators have played five games so far and have managed to win only two out of those. They lost a close game to Peshawar Zalmi in which Darren Sammy, who had injured himself during the game, smashed Anwar Ali all over the park to win the game for his side. In the following game against Multan Sultans, their batting line up was completely blown away by Imran Tahir handing him his first hattrick of the PSL.

When asked to comment on the criticism on his selection in Quetta Gladiators, Shafiq said that he had a good List A season before coming into the PSL and had scored almost 1000 runs with a couple of centuries.

“I am working hard to prove the critics that I can be good enough in the 50-over and T20 formats,” said Shafiq.

“All you can do is perform well. And hopefully, if I got the opportunity again in the next phase, I’ll make the most of it,” he added further.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1393385/qu...ll-bounce-back

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Feel sorry for quetta. They will make play offs but their foreign players will refuse to travel to pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner786 View Post
    Feel sorry for quetta. They will make play offs but their foreign players will refuse to travel to pakistan
    No worries Craig Ervine and Anamul Haque will come to their rescue

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Roy will be available for Quetta's next game.

They're looking strong going into the playoffs but of course, depends on whether their foreign players go...

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz : "We have two big players joining the side - Jason Roy and Rashid Khan. Now our challenge will be to see how we can fit them."

So, Roy and Rashid are gonna join QG. Big boost for them, but it'll be hard to fit in Roy, when you have Technical Master Blaster firing on all cylinders.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz : "We have two big players joining the side - Jason Roy and Rashid Khan. Now our challenge will be to see how we can fit them."

So, Roy and Rashid are gonna join QG. Big boost for them, but it'll be hard to fit in Roy, when you have Technical Master Blaster firing on all cylinders.
    Maybe they can drop Watto down the order in order to play Roy As we all know, only one opening spot is available as the other one is booked

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    I wonder if Roy will be available for Quetta's next game.

They're looking strong going into the playoffs but of course, depends on whether their foreign players go...
    Dont think Roy gets in right now

Most likely Laughlin and Hasan Khan swap out for Rashid and Mir Hamza

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team for the next phase:

Roy
    Watson
    Saud
    Pietersen
    Sarfraz
    Saad
    Rashid
    Nawaz
    Anwar
    Hassan
    Rahat

Rossouw and Laughlin would get rested for now.
    Last edited by BlueDoritos; 10th March 2018 at 20:10.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team for the next phase:

Roy
    Watson
    Saud
    Pietersen
    Sarfraz
    Saad
    Rashid
    Nawaz
    Anwar
    Hassan
    Rahat

Rossouw and Laughlin would get rested for now.
    This team can lift the trophy if the foreigners are willing to come to Pakistan. If Pietersen opt out, Rossouw would replace him in the team but Watson, Roy and Rashid would be important for the team.
    Last edited by BlueDoritos; 10th March 2018 at 20:12.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Any team that has Anwar Ali and Rahat Ali in their bowling line-up will always run the risk of defeat.
    You have guys like Mir Hamza warming the bench but I guess he's not best mates with the skipper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Mir Hamza sat carrying the drinks when the likes of Anwar Ali are being picked in every match.

God help Pakistan cricket.
    Just another stick to beat Sarfraz with. Mir Hamza has a terrible record in T20 cricket.

Last year he played a game and went for 48 runs in 4 overs. The year before playing under Malik, he wasn't given a single over. Maybe they both know something we don't.

Anwar Ali can also bat and bowls okay with the new ball. Rahat has been okay this tournament. Were you critical of Misbah when he was playing Rahat in ODIs during the world cup? Or are different captains held to different standards.

You can accuse him of nepotism because he continues to pick Rameez Raja and Asad Shafiq over Umar Amin. But Mir Hamza?

I don't mind a captain that picks his own players. If you want to hold a captain responsible then give him the power of selecting his own team. Quetta have made two finals back to back, I'd argue Sarfraz is doing just about enough to keep his job.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a team has a great leader like Sarfraz it can achieve a lot even with limited resources/talent.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to seeing Roy and Rashid.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to seeing Roy and Rashid.
    Roy is on his way to Dubai
    So is Sam Billings of Islamabad United

Not sure whether Hales and Morgan have left but they will also be there soon

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyG View Post
    Just another stick to beat Sarfraz with. Mir Hamza has a terrible record in T20 cricket.

Last year he played a game and went for 48 runs in 4 overs. The year before playing under Malik, he wasn't given a single over. Maybe they both know something we don't.

Anwar Ali can also bat and bowls okay with the new ball. Rahat has been okay this tournament. Were you critical of Misbah when he was playing Rahat in ODIs during the world cup? Or are different captains held to different standards.

You can accuse him of nepotism because he continues to pick Rameez Raja and Asad Shafiq over Umar Amin. But Mir Hamza?

I don't mind a captain that picks his own players. If you want to hold a captain responsible then give him the power of selecting his own team. Quetta have made two finals back to back, I'd argue Sarfraz is doing just about enough to keep his job.
    I think mir hamza is suited to longer format. He's a trundler but good with a new red cherry. A Pp darling however

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jason Roy and Shane Watson as openers with Kevin Petterson as one down. No other PSL team can beat that top 3.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Jason Roy and Shane Watson as openers with Kevin Petterson as one down. No other PSL team can beat that top 3.
    Islamabad United with Alex Hales, Luke Ronchi and Hussain Talat/J P Duminy isn't too bad either.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Roy is on his way to Dubai
    So is Sam Billings of Islamabad United

Not sure whether Hales and Morgan have left but they will also be there soon
    Hopefully these players lift the quality of batting in the tournament.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Name:  IMG-20180312-WA0009.jpg
Views: 3218
Size:  201.0 KB

Jason Roy arrives in Dubai
    Last edited by MenInG; 12th March 2018 at 10:37.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Hastings's video update regarding being unable to play for the rest of the PSL:-

"I'm very disappointed to be going home from the PSL. I picked up a side strain and I wouldn't have been ready for a couple of weeks which is very unfortunate"

"Quetta's on fire and the team is doing really well now as they are coming into the business end of the tournament. I can't thank the management and the people at the Gladiators enough for my time here and have really enjoyed it"

"There are some fantastic people here lead by Nadeem Omar, our owner, and Safi (Sarfaraz Ahmed) as well. Good luck for the tournament and I'll be watching very closely"

"I can't thank the management and the boys enough for making my stay very good. PSL is such a fantastic tournament and hopefully I will be back in the future"

"Hopefully the Gladiators can get the job done in the final. Thanks again and I'm very sad to be leaving you guys. Cheers."
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th March 2018 at 15:33.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shane Watson likes playing guitar so he was given one by QG managment. Owner Nadeem Omar presenting it.

Name:  IMG-20180313-WA0006.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  143.8 KB

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shane Watson likes playing guitar so he was given one by QG managment. Owner Nadeem Omar presenting it.

Name:  IMG-20180313-WA0006.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  143.8 KB
    very nice; owner knows how important Shane Watson is for Quetta

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KP quotes

Hi Guys, its only me, and its with a very hardened & sorry heart that I have to leave Dubai and am going back to London now

I wish I could travel (to Pakistan) but unfortunately, family is very important and its a family decision and I hope you can respect my decision & my family's decision not to travel

We (QG) have an opportunity to win this and we are still in this competition so please support us the purple team

I will keep on supporting the purple team

I will be totally on top of everything we do in the next couple of days and third time lucky (hopefully)

Its like London buses who all come through in 3s!

The purple team will hopefully do it, Inshallah

Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th March 2018 at 16:01.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They should also sign kusal perara who is in good form for SL and win a match for QQ on his day

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This seems like a lie. Just say you don’t want to come.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom kohler-cadmore is a brilliant signing he is exiting young player , johson charles is wastage of place should have gone for any other good county player

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    This seems like a lie. Just say you don’t want to come.
    True this thing hurts more than KP atleast he was on same stance since first day
    But maybe he will travel for final for Karachi if QG qualify, fly in, play and then fly out and get a bag full of $$$$

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lesner View Post
    Tom kohler-cadmore is a brilliant signing he is exiting young player , johson charles is wastage of place should have gone for any other good county player
    One thing i like is that QG have gone for young players this time, last time they selected pathetic oldies

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  IMG-20180317-WA0013.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  174.5 KBName:  IMG-20180317-WA0012.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  172.7 KBName:  IMG-20180317-WA0011.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  137.3 KBName:  IMG-20180317-WA0010.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  150.7 KB