Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 275
  1. #1
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    1,461
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Chris Gayle - IPL legend and PSL reject

    Despite playing some good knocks in CPL and international circuit, Gayle still couldn't find place in any of PSL squads.
    He would have been available for almost most of the season considering that Windies have no international assignment during Feb with World Cup Qualifiers taking place in March.

    This also most probably means end of Gayle in PSL considering his age.

    Views???


    SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,873
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he is past it and not worth the baggage by all accounts


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  3. #3
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because in the PSL Gayle cannot feast on club level trundlers that sacrifice themselves to him in the IPL.

    Pakistani bowlers >>>>> Indian bowlers

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,201
    Mentioned
    1418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Guess they like his style in India... Real Entertainer and T20 is about entertainment. Of course all of it is not on the field.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,606
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    He is not going to be picked in the IPL from now on either. He is past his prime and was a liability for RCB last season. It is a shame that PSL didn't exist during his prime years.

    A poor title though. It gives the impression that Gayle is good enough for the IPL but not good enough for the PSL, which is a pointless, jingoistic statement devoid of any ground realities.

    The standard and the pool of players in the IPL is 10x better than the PSL, and any player who is good enough for the IPL is obviously going to be good enough for the PSL. However, the reverse is not true. There are plenty of players in the PSL who are not going to get picked for the IPL.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    24,981
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    His IPL Days will be over too if he doesn't perform there. He didn't deserve to be picked in the PSL because he didn't do jack in the prior 2 seasons. Maybe this is also payback for his refusal to tour Pakistan and for being among the major players who lobbied with the WICB not to tour Pakistan.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,606
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Because in the PSL Gayle cannot feast on club level trundlers that sacrifice themselves to him in the IPL.

    Pakistani bowlers >>>>> Indian bowlers
    Posts like these do not help. PSL is a minnow league compared to the IPL, and a pick Gayle would have been the most valuable pick in the PSL. However, as I said, he is finished now and is no longer going to be a big star in the IPL.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    821
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should have been picked in place of lewis as Evin will be busy in international matches whereas Gayle will be available for entire tournament

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He is not going to be picked in the IPL from now on either. He is past his prime and was a liability for RCB last season. It is a shame that PSL didn't exist during his prime years.

    A poor title though. It gives the impression that Gayle is good enough for the IPL but not good enough for the PSL, which is a pointless, jingoistic statement devoid of any ground realities.

    The standard and the pool of players in the IPL is 10x better than the PSL, and any player who is good enough for the IPL is obviously going to be good enough for the PSL. However, the reverse is not true. There are plenty of players in the PSL who are not going to get picked for the IPL.
    So players like Ashok Dinda are good enough for the PSL?

    Just because IPL has the word “Indian” in it it doesn’t make it 10x better than the PSL.

    There’s plenty of terrible players in the IPL as well.
    Last edited by babajee; 12th November 2017 at 14:46.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,201
    Mentioned
    1418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Posts like these do not help. PSL is a minnow league compared to the IPL, and a pick Gayle would have been the most valuable pick in the PSL. However, as I said, he is finished now and is no longer going to be a big star in the IPL.
    Help whom?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Posts like these do not help. PSL is a minnow league compared to the IPL, and a pick Gayle would have been the most valuable pick in the PSL. However, as I said, he is finished now and is no longer going to be a big star in the IPL.
    Local bowling talent and All Rounders talent pool in PSL> IPL which takes the quality of cricket in PSL to another level.
    Last edited by Titan24; 12th November 2017 at 14:54.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    88
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Because in the PSL Gayle cannot feast on club level trundlers that sacrifice themselves to him in the IPL.

    Pakistani bowlers >>>>> Indian bowlers
    Look this way, IPL was able to use him and afford him when he was in prime for years. PSL can not afford him even when he is not in his prime, a long way to go for PSL to be mentioned in same sentence with IPL.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t compare as Gayle was at his prime when IPL started and in his late 30s during PSL.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Local bowling talent and All Rounders talent pool in PSL> IPL which takes the quality of cricket in PSL to another level.
    This.

    I genuinely believe the standard of cricket is better in the PSL.

    Batsmen in the IPL have bashed Indian trundlers for years, which is why we have seen “talents” like Rishabh pant look like complete duds at international level.
    Last edited by babajee; 12th November 2017 at 15:01.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    296
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Because in the PSL Gayle cannot feast on club level trundlers that sacrifice themselves to him in the IPL.

    Pakistani bowlers >>>>> Indian bowlers
    Well said...he is getting useless now plus he was a waste of money in the first two seasons..
    Pakistani bowlers will feast on him

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    773
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy was a total embarrassment for LQ and the last 2 tournaments. No wonder he didn't get a place. Too expensive and nothing to show for.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,616
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rashmin View Post
    Look this way, IPL was able to use him and afford him when he was in prime for years. PSL can not afford him even when he is not in his prime, a long way to go for PSL to be mentioned in same sentence with IPL.
    Nobody needs to "look this way" because "this way" is delusional to put it politely.

    PSL cannot afford him even when he is not in his prime? What a laughable and forced way of thinking. Teams in PSL are buying players for same money as Gayle's price. And why would anyone want him when he is not in his prime and is just a liability?

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    301
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not seen Chris Gayle dominating Pakistani bowlers even in his prime days.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rashmin View Post
    Look this way, IPL was able to use him and afford him when he was in prime for years. PSL can not afford him even when he is not in his prime, a long way to go for PSL to be mentioned in same sentence with IPL.
    What is this logic

    They can easily afford him but he is just a complete waste of money.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,126
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Help whom?
    Help in quality of the forum i suppose.

    Threads like these gives an impression that ipl stars get rejected in psl.

    This is conclusion drawn upon without much deeper analysis of what gayle was and now. That makes it a shallow post.

    There is an element in the reference frame which must be included in order to value a player.

    Time frame.

    That's absent in the post.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,308
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quality of bowling in PSL is ten times what you would get in IPL no wonder Chris Gayle flourishes there but is useless in PSL.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    24,981
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    The guy was a total embarrassment for LQ and the last 2 tournaments. No wonder he didn't get a place. Too expensive and nothing to show for.
    To be honest, his attitude was terrible, a person with some shame especially when he is struggling would keep his head down but Gayle kept on partying behind the scenes even though he was doing nothing for his employer who had spent a huge sum on him and that naturally will put any employer off.
    Last edited by hadi123; 12th November 2017 at 15:34.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,308
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    The guy was a total embarrassment for LQ and the last 2 tournaments. No wonder he didn't get a place. Too expensive and nothing to show for.
    He played first season for LQ was garbage, was dropped, KK picked him and was garbage again and dropped again.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  24. #24
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,616
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Help in quality of the forum i suppose.

    Threads like these gives an impression that ipl stars get rejected in psl.

    This is conclusion drawn upon without much deeper analysis of what gayle was and now. That makes it a shallow post.

    There is an element in the reference frame which must be included in order to value a player.

    Time frame.

    That's absent in the post.
    Its also about the quality of bowling and standard of pitches. India offers comparatively easy bowlers and flattest of pitches. Gayle thrives there. Wouldnt be surprised if he gets picked for IPL again next time.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sammy and Watson are much worse than Gayle.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    933
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is well past his prime. He was dropped by RCB as well for some matches during the last season. Will struggle to get a team this time around. Lol at comments of PSL being better than the IPL. Loving it!

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,131
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was terrible in the last 2 seasons.Good to see he hasn’t been picked again.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    933
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People love him back in India, especially Bangalore crowd. Even if doesn't perform, he will bring in crowds just like how Sachin for Mumbai Indians. RCB should look to have him back in the squad.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    somewhere in goa.
    Runs
    2,315
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So apparently, a league where bowlers like dale Steyn have to be benched have an inferior bowlers pool than a league where none of the prime bowlers of the top 6 nations are playing. I guess bowlers like Rabada, boult, starc are dime a dozen.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aniket1911 View Post
    So apparently, a league where bowlers like dale Steyn have to be benched have an inferior bowlers pool than a league where none of the prime bowlers of the top 6 nations are playing. I guess bowlers like Rabada, boult, starc are dime a dozen.
    1-2 bowlers in a team cannot compensate for the mediocrity of the others.

    It’s about the overall standard not just a few top players.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    somewhere in goa.
    Runs
    2,315
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    1-2 bowlers in a team cannot compensate for the mediocrity of the others.

    It’s about the overall standard not just a few top players.
    are you serious? It's the top bowlers that spearhead the bowling attack gives credibility to bowling attack. Then again, PSL has many has beens and players past their prime so it might be possible that there are not many batsman of the class of de villiers, kohli or de kock to boss them around and they look superior feasting on over the hill players aided by sluggish pitches of UAE which by no means a benchmark to gauge quality of the bowling attack because when Pakistan last played on Indian pitches in last world T20 there bowling was rubbish on those pattas.

    Anywho, this argument of Pakistani bowling pool better than Indian bowling one doesn't hold up, as both teams have been winning matches on the back of their bowling since long time now.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    3,455
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol yea yea PSL is next best thing since sliced bread..

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,606
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    So players like Ashok Dinda are good enough for the PSL?

    Just because IPL has the word “Indian” in it it doesn’t make it 10x better than the PSL.

    There’s plenty of terrible players in the IPL as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Local bowling talent and All Rounders talent pool in PSL> IPL which takes the quality of cricket in PSL to another level.
    I am talking about the pool of foreign players; there is plenty of local garbage in the PSL as well.

    The local bowling talent might be marginally better in the PSL, but the local batting talent is far superior in the IPL and the pool of foreign players is not comparable either. Overall, if one takes his green-tinted glasses off, it is not hard to realize that the standard of the IPL is far greater.

    IPL is the best T20 league in the world and PSL is no match at this point, and never will be because PCB does not have the resources that the BCCI does, and Pakistan simply doesn't have the pull and the attraction that India has due to numerous reasons that are beyond the scope of this thread.

    The amount of delusion in this thread is nauseating.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,606
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Its also about the quality of bowling and standard of pitches. India offers comparatively easy bowlers and flattest of pitches. Gayle thrives there. Wouldnt be surprised if he gets picked for IPL again next time.
    He might, but he is coming to the end of his IPL career. A peak Gayle would have been a big player in the PSL in spite of the slower pitches.
    Last edited by Mamoon; 12th November 2017 at 16:14.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,606
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Help whom?
    The impartiality of this forum.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,616
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He might, but he is coming to the end of his IPL career. A peak Gayle would have been a big player in the PSL in spite of the slower pitches.
    There is no disagreement there.

    I will wait till i see Gayle in IPL on those pancakes (if he gets picked) to pass my final judgement on him. So far it does appear that he has lost his mojo forever.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    300
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gayle is past his prime, plus the batting friendly pitches in India are more suited to his batting than the slow spinning tracking of UAE, where he won't be able to score much.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    28.6139° N, 77.2090° E
    Runs
    258
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Because in the PSL Gayle cannot feast on club level trundlers that sacrifice themselves to him in the IPL.

    Pakistani bowlers >>>>> Indian bowlers
    Such a flawed logic.
    According to you
    Kamran Akhmal and Bopara must be ATGs ?

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,481
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Obviously PSL has better standards.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,606
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    There is no disagreement there.

    I will wait till i see Gayle in IPL on those pancakes (if he gets picked) to pass my final judgement on him. So far it does appear that he has lost his mojo forever.
    He was very poor in the last IPL. His reflexes are gone, irrespective of the pitches.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptan View Post
    Such a flawed logic.
    According to you
    Kamran Akhmal and Bopara must be ATGs ?
    Flawed logic from you.

    Kamran Akmal and Bopara are both unrelated to what i said

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    21,522
    Mentioned
    1064 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Darren Sammy
    Sangakkara
    Cameron Delport
    Luke Wright
    Rilee Roussouw

    God knows how many such players play in PSL who wont find a place in IPL.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    21,522
    Mentioned
    1064 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    So how many regulars from India SA NZ Aus are playing in PSL?

  44. #44
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,240
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    This.

    I genuinely believe the standard of cricket is better in the PSL.

    Batsmen in the IPL have bashed Indian trundlers for years, which is why we have seen “talents” like Rishabh pant look like complete duds at international level.
    Pant has played 2 T20Is and averages 43 at a stirke rate of 113. How is that enough for you to call him a dud? Please know what you're talking about before posting, otherwise you end up looking like a fool.

  45. #45
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,240
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Quality of bowling in PSL is ten times what you would get in IPL no wonder Chris Gayle flourishes there but is useless in PSL.
    I wonder why Pakistan doesn't use those brilliant domestic bowlers in international matches. Maybe they would have helped Pakistan get to the semifinals of last year's T20 world cup.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rashmin View Post
    Look this way, IPL was able to use him and afford him when he was in prime for years. PSL can not afford him even when he is not in his prime, a long way to go for PSL to be mentioned in same sentence with IPL.
    Dude PSL wasnt even here when Gayle was in his prime. He was in PSL since the start and for two seasons he didnt perform at all so where does the affordability comes in the scene.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Pant has played 2 T20Is and averages 43 at a stirke rate of 113. How is that enough for you to call him a dud? Please know what you're talking about before posting, otherwise you end up looking like a fool.
    Couldn’t buy a run against NZ A team bowlers.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    4,413
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bowling of Pakistan domestic cricket is better than India? Maybe the fast bowlers are marginally better and even that is doubtful. What has Pakistan produced of fast bowlers past 5 years? There is nothing really to talk about and Indian fast bowling stock is probably the best they ever had. The Indian spinners are better than Pakistan. Batsman are miles better. Fast bowlers are in demand in IPL as well. All the top fast bowlers fit were playing IPL, so stop this notion that cricket quality in PSL is better than IPL. Rewind and take a look at the PSL final in Lahore and then talk.


    Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    I wonder why Pakistan doesn't use those brilliant domestic bowlers in international matches. Maybe they would have helped Pakistan get to the semifinals of last year's T20 world cup.
    Yes maybe they would have.

    Instead our selectors give chances to 36 year old spraygun TTFs like Mohammad Sami and expect us to do well in a T20 world cup.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,241
    Mentioned
    779 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I'm not getting into the IPL v PSL debate. In India the pitches are generally truer and easier for batsmen to hit through the line whereas UAE pitches are sluggish and harder to time your shots.

    But Gayle has always struggled against our bowlers because we take the pace off the ball and we can tie him down with spin.

    However you can't judge him as a player on the basis of these last few years where he's well past his prime, he's one of the greatest hitters of the game and of the T20s format.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    He is well past his prime. He was dropped by RCB as well for some matches during the last season. Will struggle to get a team this time around. Lol at comments of PSL being better than the IPL. Loving it!
    Give me five fast bowlers who can be compared to top five fast bowlers of PSL, and 5 All rounders, preferably pace bowling ones who can be compared to the ones in PSL. Local talent that is

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aniket1911 View Post
    So apparently, a league where bowlers like dale Steyn have to be benched have an inferior bowlers pool than a league where none of the prime bowlers of the top 6 nations are playing. I guess bowlers like Rabada, boult, starc are dime a dozen.
    You didnt get it, did you? Local talent was in focus here, only four foreign players can play in each time rest are locals, yes India does have some good batsman but I cant see some mouth watering talent with ball in hand. So overall quality of cricket dependa upon good batsmen and good bowlers

  53. #53
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    4,413
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Give me five fast bowlers who can be compared to top five fast bowlers of PSL, and 5 All rounders, preferably pace bowling ones who can be compared to the ones in PSL. Local talent that is
    Why don't you post the top 5 pace bowlers of PSL and top 5 pace allrounders of PSL and then start a comparison.


    Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    I wonder why Pakistan doesn't use those brilliant domestic bowlers in international matches. Maybe they would have helped Pakistan get to the semifinals of last year's T20 world cup.
    Ahmm ahmm, which is the no 1 ranked T20 team in the world. Who is the top ranked bowler in ODI and who is the second best bowler in T20s, was best 10 days ago I guess. What did the Pakistani bolwers did in CT 17 final?

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    Why don't you post the top 5 pace bowlers of PSL and top 5 pace allrounders of PSL and then start a comparison.
    I asked first. Local talent here is in debate

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,142
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In his prime he would have done well had the PSL been around. But he's clearly past his best now so it was correct by the franchises not to take a chance on him.

    Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get picked up in the IPL auction as well.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,200
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good. Even in IPL he hasnt done much last time. Should just retire. Way past it.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    somewhere in goa.
    Runs
    2,315
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    You didnt get it, did you? Local talent was in focus here, only four foreign players can play in each time rest are locals, yes India does have some good batsman but I cant see some mouth watering talent with ball in hand. So overall quality of cricket dependa upon good batsmen and good bowlers
    local talent doesn't mean anything regarding bowling quality of league which we were talking about initially, as almost all the top bowlers in the world play in IPL but not in PSL. Local bowling talent is a subjecIive analysis which is prone to biases so no point discussing it when there is no clear way to judge who have better.
    Last edited by aniket1911; 12th November 2017 at 18:01.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    9,700
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gayle never does well against good bowling attacks. UAE's pitches are a nightmare for him. It's just the conditions. Nothing to do with IPL or PSL as a product.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,308
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    I wonder why Pakistan doesn't use those brilliant domestic bowlers in international matches. Maybe they would have helped Pakistan get to the semifinals of last year's T20 world cup.
    LOL funny you bring last years irrelevant T20 WC but ignore the latest CT


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aniket1911 View Post
    local talent doesn't mean anything regarding bowling quality of league which we were talking about initially, as almost all the top bowlers in the world play in IPL but not in PSL. Local bowling talent is a subjecIive analysis which is prone to biases so no point discussing it when there is no clear way to judge who have better.
    How many overseas bowlers teams in IPL play in playing 11 two, max three. If the rest two or three are not good enough players target those and get their runs tally up but that weak links are not that common in PSL due to better local talent.

    But if there is some hidden talent or upcoming fast bowlers in IPL you wanna share please go ahead.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,201
    Mentioned
    1418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Darren Sammy
    Sangakkara
    Cameron Delport
    Luke Wright
    Rilee Roussouw

    God knows how many such players play in PSL who wont find a place in IPL.
    IPL's loss in my view.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  63. #63
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    12,356
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He feasts on Indian pie chuckers.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    somewhere in goa.
    Runs
    2,315
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    How many overseas bowlers teams in IPL play in playing 11 two, max three. If the rest two or three are not good enough players target those and get their runs tally up but that weak links are not that common in PSL due to better local talent.

    But if there is some hidden talent or upcoming fast bowlers in IPL you wanna share please go ahead.
    That's very simplistic way of looking at things.

    1. PSL had only 5 team till now meaning better concentration of good bowlers and yet there were anwar ali and wahab riaz as mainstays in the teams which is quite telling.

    2. Last time when IPL happened in UAE the scores were low as well and many batsman were not able to hit it out of the park but don't see anyone insinuating that bowling pool is best in the world.


    Let these same bowlers in PSL ball to international stalwarts like Kohli, smith, warner and co on Indian pitches and then I will have no qualms in accepting that Pakistani bowling pool is best in the world because as I said earlier Pakistani bowling was massacred last time they toured India.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,200
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Gayle never does well against good bowling attacks. UAE's pitches are a nightmare for him. It's just the conditions. Nothing to do with IPL or PSL as a product.
    Check his IPL stats last 2 seasons. Was even dropped by RCB.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    4,570
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it's IPL vs PSL now. Let's give the PSL 3 more years, we'll be able to draw a better conclusion after that.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kp

  68. #68
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,240
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    LOL funny you bring last years irrelevant T20 WC but ignore the latest CT
    As far as I can tell, the IPL and PSL are T20 tournaments.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,308
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    As far as I can tell, the IPL and PSL are T20 tournaments.
    As far as I can tell one side is ranked top of the pile in T20 cricket


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,142
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Darren Sammy
    Sangakkara
    Cameron Delport
    Luke Wright
    Rilee Roussouw

    God knows how many such players play in PSL who wont find a place in IPL.
    Hilarious how you chose names who aren't even regulars at international level.

    What about Jason Roy,Sam Billings,Bmac,Colin Munroe,Imran Tahir,Sunil Narine,Kieron Pollard,and Samuel Badree all who played in IPL last year?

  71. #71
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    88
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    LOL funny you bring last years irrelevant T20 WC but ignore the latest CT
    Mere bhai, ab to CT se bahar niklo.... this thread is about T20s leagues and just to make you aware, CT was an ODI tournament

  72. #72
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,201
    Mentioned
    1418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Looks like it's IPL vs PSL now. Let's give the PSL 3 more years, we'll be able to draw a better conclusion after that.
    Until then khoob larro....


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  73. #73
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,606
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rashmin View Post
    Mere bhai, ab to CT se bahar niklo.... this thread is about T20s leagues and just to make you aware, CT was an ODI tournament
    Champions Trophy will be celebrated for the next three decades. It is the new 1992 World Cup.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,201
    Mentioned
    1418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Champions Trophy will be celebrated for the next three decades. It is the new 1992 World Cup.
    It will be celebrated by people who love their country's cricket. The rest will find ways to lower its importance but that is to be expected.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  75. #75
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    21,522
    Mentioned
    1064 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    IPL's loss in my view.
    If you have Warner Smith ABDV Starc Rabada and almost every regular Aus NZ India SA player playing in IPL then these players are not required in IPL.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    21,522
    Mentioned
    1064 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Hilarious how you chose names who aren't even regulars at international level.

    What about Jason Roy,Sam Billings,Bmac,Colin Munroe,Imran Tahir,Sunil Narine,Kieron Pollard,and Samuel Badree all who played in IPL last year?
    These are not regulars at international level yet they are regular in PSL.

    How many regulars from Aus, SA, NZ, India play in PSL? Almost all of them play IPL.So what are you on about.The player pool in IPL far exceeds anything in PSL.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,606
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    There is not a single player in the world who would prefer to play in the PSL at the expense of the IPL, and the tragedy is that even Pakistani players would most probably prefer to play in the IPL over the PSL.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,606
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    It will be celebrated by people who love their country's cricket. The rest will find ways to lower its importance but that is to be expected.
    Only in Pakistan do celebrations never end. India got over the World Cup triumph in a month, and no one brought it up when they got thrashed in England and Australia that year.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Only in Pakistan do celebrations never end. India got over the World Cup triumph in a month, and no one brought it up when they got thrashed in England and Australia that year.
    Celebrations never end because of fans like you bhai. Always writing our players off.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,606
    Mentioned
    3892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Celebrations never end because of fans like you bhai. Always writing our players off.
    Don't give me too much credit. It has absolutely nothing to do with me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •