Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Saeed Ajmal announces retirement from all forms of cricket

Pakistan spinner is to retire after the ongoing National T20 tournament

Former Pakistan spinner Saeed Ajmal announced retirement from all cricket formats. He told media that his ongoing National T20 Cup in Rawalpindi is his last event as a player.

“This national event is my last tournament and I don’t want to be a burden on any team,” said Ajmal during the innings break.

Earlier, Ajmal’s bowling action was adjudged illegal in 2014. Despite an intense corrective programme with former great Saqlain Mushtaq, Ajmal lost his capacity for picking up wickets.

The legendary spinner also said, “As this will be my last tournament, so I want to give my best so that no one calls me a ‘******'”, stated Saeed Ajmal.

It was only recently announced that Ajmal has been appointed as Islamabad United’s Spin Bowling Coach for PSL-3. In the 35 Tests he has represented for Pakistan, Ajmal clinched as many as 178 wickets with ten 5-wicket haul and four 10-wicket hauls in a match. The last of which he played back in 2014 against Sri Lanka at Colombo.

However, the highlight of Ajmal’s career would be during the England series in UAE back in 2012 where he took a whopping 24-wickets to whitewash the then number one side in the world.

He also represented various T20 sides such as Antigua Hawksbills, Dhaka Gladiators, Faisalabad Wolves and Islamabad United.

https://arysports.tv/saeed-ajmal-ann...ement-cricket/
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th November 2017 at 12:28.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy retirement Saeed Ajmal!

You gave us some good memories through some excellent performances playing for the country which unfortunately will always be overshadowed by your controversial bowling action.

Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Essex
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farewell legend

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thank-you for your services Saeed. We will remember your contributions fondly.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He sounds emotional and melancholy. Tbh he is 40 and that too 'officially'. Should have retired well before so he did not have to see this day.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A lot of people say he knew he was chucking and many people say he didn’t know he was a chucking. One day I’d like to see what he thought himself because when you bend your arm as much as he did, you should at the very least have suspicions about your action.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remarkable how he still continued, will never his contribution of carrying the Pakistan side close to wins and near-wins in foreign shores where the poor batting of Akmals and Misbah grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory.

He is definitely needed thru his expertise and vision of building a coaching place for future prospects.

He completely glamourised the doosra and made bowling worth watching with his different variations of off spin, doosra and even a faster teesra.
    A legend whose case was criminally mishandled by PCB.
    The most high-profile victim of the Big 3, who took over from Uni. Of Western Australia as adjudging the 15 degree testing themselves and implemented it on all apart from themselves esp. India.
    Ajmal was Pakistan's strike bowler after loss of Asif and Amir in 2010.

His removal was to cut PAkistan team to field a weak bowling team in World Cp 2015 and an attempt by Big 3 to push back Pakistan to even make a comeback esp.in the test level. If not for Yasir Shah, Pakistan with a worst defensive captain like Misbah would be almost done with no Pakistani watching there matches again.

The Pakistan media and PCB both failed to plead his case and it was Uni. of Western Australia [whose techniques ICC was using to test action] was using to come and expose the double-game the Big 3 played in 2014.

Ashwin and harbhajan continuing to play post-2014 is a huge failure of both
    PCB and Pakistan media. They were an epic and shameless fail, during Ajmal episode.

This is why I have been asking for people from PSL like Javed Afridi, Rana Fawad or Salman Iqbal ARY to get more involved in the board or even bring back Arif Abbasi who can protect their cricketing interests and give it back to these boards in legal and other ways.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a legend he was !

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Ajmal for all of your services to Pakistan cricket.

You gotta work until your idols become your rivals.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When Misbah, Cheema, Sami and Hafeez will do the same.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your service Ajmal.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your services,Saeed.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Ajmal

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Happy retirement, will never forget enjoying watching him destroy england in the UAE with ball in hand.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal on Monday said that he will be hanging his boots after the last match of the on-going domestic tournament, the National T20 Cup.

Ajmal, who is representing Faisalabad region in the Cup, said he had made up his mind about retirement after being offered a role as a spin bowling coach for the third edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) with Islamabad United.

“I had decided this beforehand because I will be serving as a spin coaching with Islamabad in the PSL,” Ajmal told The Express Tribune . “I will do a press conference at the end of this tournament and will announce my retirement officially. Only four to five matches of this tournament are left.”

‘No pressure from anyone’

Ajmal, who was considered a spent force after he remodelled his action following a bowling ban, says he didn’t retire because of any pressure.

How Islamabad United are helping Pakistan cricket
    “I am not doing this under any pressure from anyone,” he said. “This is my own decision. I have turned 40 now, I had to leave cricket one day, so I thought I should announce my retirement since the matches are being broadcasted live.”

He also lamented about Pakistan Cricket Board’s indifference towards legends. “PCB won’t be doing anything special, so I thought I’d leave after this event,” he said.

Ajmal represented Pakistan in 35 Tests, bagging 178 wickets at a strike rate of 65.1 and an average of 28.10.

He played 113 ODIs for Pakistan, most of them before he was asked to remodel his action, and bagged 184 wickets at an average of 22.72 with a strike rate of 32.6.

In T20Is, he boasts 85 wickets in 64 matches.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1557068...ement-formats/

SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you saeed ajmal

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    776 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the 2012 England series and 2013 South Africa ODI series.

Have a happy retirement.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like tennis elbow caught up with him.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Thanks for the 2012 England series and 2013 South Africa ODI series.

Have a happy retirement.
    Mate that is like thanking Lance Armstrong for all the silverware he won despite knowing that he cheated for them.

What happened to cricket being a gentleman's game?

I will not thank Ajmal who destroyed his own career and ruined matches by cheating, did not allow other deserving and fair off spinners a chance in the team as well.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didnt cheat he was allowed to bowl! his action was cleared earlier until ICC decided to get tougher on Ajmal type bowlers. Until the rules allowed him to bowl he was a legendary class bowler.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a legend spinner of Pakistan. When will Pakistan find their next Saqlain / Ajmal ?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Regardless of what people think - he is a legend and one of the finest spinners of his generation!
    Troubled the very best batsman he had faced!
    Take a bow and happy retirement!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be a legend for me regardless of the action.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish him a prosperous and happy future career.

But for me his legacy is forever marred- not because of his elbow flex, but because he for long claimed that it was the permanent result of an injury. And then when they caught him out, voila it became all fine in the remodelled action.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the service. All the best.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he will be remembered as a glorified chucker

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Fantastic bowler at his best.

Lovely man and an honest cricketer.

All the best for the future.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #THANKYOUAJMAL

Was an amazing bowler in his prime who won Pakistan many matches, unfortunately he was never the same with his remodeled action.

I wish him the best in his future endeavors.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the memories legend!! You were a force to reckon with and no one can deny your contributions were immense. At one point you were the only one carrying the team on your shoulders. The make and break, and you were the name that kept Pakistan respectable until 2014. If you weren't there god knows what will have happened to Pakisatn cricket.

Another underrated contribution is your wicket taking and containing ability in 2009 t20 world cup. You were one of the main reasons we won that tournament but sadly you never get credited enough for it.

Its a tragedy how you were ousted and removed from all laurels that you have achieved, not even recognized for your services or not even given a fitting farewell.

Sorry for the way you thrown off the pedestal after being the apple of the eye for everyone. You didn't deserve such harsh treatment.

Hope you have a better time in the next part of your life. Best of luck!!

#thankyouajmal

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Ajmal. I remember in his days every time he came on to bowl you just felt as if something was going to happen. He was very hard for opposition in all 3 formats.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Congrats on a wonderful career, you served pakistan well.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably would have been the greatest off-spinner after Murali had he started his international career at the same time as Saqlain

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pretty much owned everyone including Sachin Tendulkar. Great bowler . Thanks and best of luck.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    probably would have been the greatest off-spinner after Murali had he started his international career at the same time as Saqlain
    He is the best offie after Murali "in their style of delivering the ball".

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    Mate that is like thanking Lance Armstrong for all the silverware he won despite knowing that he cheated for them.

What happened to cricket being a gentleman's game?

I will not thank Ajmal who destroyed his own career and ruined matches by cheating, did not allow other deserving and fair off spinners a chance in the team as well.
    Have Pakistan been stripped on the laurels Ajmal won? Those records still stand. Hence no one else can discredit him for what he has achieved.

He passed the test and he was bowling in the 'legal zone' in the previous tests he passed when they were conducted.

This is not exactly cheating because alot of other bowlers were banned on chucking which were previously deemed legal.

None of them have been banned for life, nor their achievements dishonored.

Hafeez has been banned thrice but has come back every time. Was he given a life ban because of his bowling?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    At least he was not caught chucking twice after his ban. Played a huge role in some of the biggest victories in the last decade.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just a formality.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ipl_fan View Post
    Murali was not a chucker. Ajmal shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Murali.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Happy retirement. Great servant.

Took his wickets while the ICC allowed him to bowl with that action; they were all fair.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't really miss him. Hope he teaches kids the right way to bowl

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Was incredibly entertaining at his peak.

That's what matters.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Ruined the careers of legitimate spinners like Zulfiqar etc., who didn't get the chance to play for Pakistan in his peak years because of Ajmal.

Best of luck for the future, but he has defamed Pakistan cricket and tainted his legacy forever. Should not be remembered a legend.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal announced his retirement from all forms of cricket yesterday, two years after losing his wicket-taking bite with a remodeled bowling action that was twice deemed illegal.

During a successful but controversial career, Ajmal was once celebrated as the world's number one bowler in ODIs and Twenty20 cricket, and was almost as successful in Tests, but his time in the limelight was cut short after a temporary ban for chucking saw him return to the sport in 2015 without the same form. "I am quitting all forms of cricket after the current National T20," Ajmal told AFP.

"It 's been a highly satisfying career," added Ajmal, who took 178 wickets in 35 Tests, the last at Galle in 2014, where his action was reported for a second time. "The ban on my action left me frustrated and hurt. It seems the process was only for me and (Mohd) Hafeez, all other bowlers with questionable actions are still playing."

http://m.mid-day.com/articles/pakist...rt-me/18736170

SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Good luck and respect. He bowled legally until being called and since then tried to come back in straight line - no disgrace for him. An honest trier, who should have started career long, long back which couldn’t happen in Inzi/Bob era, but he kept knocking the door.

I wish him a great coaching career, because his action might be questionable, but he was probably the most cunning spinner I have seen after Warne - he can teach boys bowling intelligence & how to set up a batsman. And, he should be the best man by now to judge & fix their action if he is honest to his job.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Good luck and respect. He bowled legally until being called and since then tried to come back in straight line - no disgrace for him. An honest trier, who should have started career long, long back which couldn’t happen in Inzi/Bob era, but he kept knocking the door.

I wish him a great coaching career, because his action might be questionable, but he was probably the most cunning spinner I have seen after Warne - he can teach boys bowling intelligence & how to set up a batsman. And, he should be the best man by now to judge & fix their action if he is honest to his job.
    inzi will be heart broken today,he needed experienced spinner in pak team to guide younsters and Ajmal would have been the best.,but we still have hafeez with off spin who can do the job.Tahnks for the memorable moments Ajmal the real champ!

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryin Out Loud View Post
    I wish him a prosperous and happy future career.

But for me his legacy is forever marred- not because of his elbow flex, but because he for long claimed that it was the permanent result of an injury. And then when they caught him out, voila it became all fine in the remodelled action.
    That's what annoys me the most, lying blatantly. His deformity due to the supposed accident he suffered mysteriously disappeared after his action was deemed illegal, and he was able to bowl with a straight arm. Obvious that he was deliberately chucking.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ipl_fan View Post
    Also known in some circles as chucking.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the memories Champ and your services to Pak cricket. All the best for the future.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    That's what annoys me the most, lying blatantly. His deformity due to the supposed accident he suffered mysteriously disappeared after his action was deemed illegal, and he was able to bowl with a straight arm. Obvious that he was deliberately chucking.
    Did he receive a lifetime ban for that? He was bending arm within limitations as per previous tests.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the biggest chuckers.Not just chucking the doosra which many offies did,but chucking everything.Good riddance.The current yasir shah guy is way better.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Did he receive a lifetime ban for that? He was bending arm within limitations as per previous tests.
    He claimed that he could not bowl with a straight arm action due to a disability. Which part of it is hard to understand? The issue isn't about chucking here, it's about openly lying to the fans. Yes, he has the right to say whatever he wants. But then again if he or any other cricketer lies, we fans too have the right to take offence.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He claimed that he could not bowl with a straight arm action due to a disability. Which part of it is hard to understand? The issue isn't about chucking here, it's about openly lying to the fans. Yes, he has the right to say whatever he wants. But then again if he or any other cricketer lies, we fans too have the right to take offence.
    Well but you can't determine the time he started crossing the actual limits, it was somewhere in between 2009-2014. The stringent measures weren't in place back when Ajmal passed the test before. There should've been more stricter checks like there are now. Thats an issue that should be held against ICC, that why they allowed such practices? Why was testing taken so superficially, or why was the bowler believed on his word, rather than the evidenc he provided for it.

Faf Du plessis was banned for using lozenges on the ball, he was guilty despite what he or the whole SA team said. He tried to change the condition of the ball and then said it was accidental. I'm not into morality or whatever, but if laws are not stricter, than people will take advantage of it.

Whatever AJmal became is because ICC allowed him that...

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Well but you can't determine the time he started crossing the actual limits, it was somewhere in between 2009-2014. The stringent measures weren't in place back when Ajmal passed the test before. There should've been more stricter checks like there are now. Thats an issue that should be held against ICC, that why they allowed such practices? Why was testing taken so superficially, or why was the bowler believed on his word, rather than the evidenc he provided for it.

Faf Du plessis was banned for using lozenges on the ball, he was guilty despite what he or the whole SA team said. He tried to change the condition of the ball and then said it was accidental. I'm not into morality or whatever, but if laws are not stricter, than people will take advantage of it.

Whatever AJmal became is because ICC allowed him that...
    What you are saying is in regards to chucking. I'm not even bringing that issue to the picture. My point is about him lying with regards to his supposed disability to everyone all the way through.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you are saying is in regards to chucking. I'm not even bringing that issue to the picture. My point is about him lying with regards to his supposed disability to everyone all the way through.
    Well thats what I am saying, when you go to test your self at a facility they get all your medical history, and fact check it with Xray's MRI's etc. If he had Joint Hyperextensibility like Akhtar had, it will be proved on imaging tests... you can't take anybody's word for it. If he had a deformity, there should be documented proof for it too.

I can't claim something without providing proof.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Speaking on TV

"I didn't take a sudden decision, nor did anyone say anything which forced me to make this decision"

"PCB wasn't allowing me an occasion to announce my retirement so I chose to do this during these matches"

"After my action became an issue, I played matches against Bangladesh but then I was under a lot of pressure"

"I was told to bowl with my remodelled action without worrying about how many runs were being scored off me"

"I was sent to the Bangladesh series too early into this process"

"Bangladesh was a good team and I was played against them and then I was dropped"

"Narine after being accused of suspect action is playing, as are others apart from Hafeez and I"

"Why are they after Pakistani bowlers only? The PCB should question the ICC on this matter"

"Off-spin is an art and its being put to an end in Pakistan deliberately"

"There is no good off-spinner in domestic cricket at the moment, nor is there one in the horizon"

"If a good off-spinner does come through he should be monitored in LUMS lab before progressing him forward"

"Should not be the case that we get that off-spinner to do work for us and then one day he gets accused of suspect action"

"Train the good bowlers and show them what they are doing (actions) and not discard them":

"I have never been offered a farewell" "I have never asked for a farewell, I play cricket with dignity and I will never be a burden on anyone"
    Last edited by MenInG; 16th November 2017 at 19:26.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    The victim mentality is appalling. Someone should provide him with a list of non-Pakistani bowlers who were suspended for chucking.

It is nobody's fault that he isn't good enough with a legal action.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The victim mentality is appalling. Someone should provide him with a list of non-Pakistani bowlers who were suspended for chucking.

It is nobody's fault that he isn't good enough with a legal action.
    Whenever you start to feel sorry for him, he comes out with gems.

The most dangerous enemy of ours is self pity. Worse than even arrogance.

Sadly some fall prey to self pity and never recover.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Whenever you start to feel sorry for him, he comes out with gems.

The most dangerous enemy of ours is self pity. Worse than even arrogance.

Sadly some fall prey to self pity and never recover.
    The fact that he has an axe to grind against the PCB is also hilarious. They immediately hired Saqlain to work on his action who ripped PCB off. He was immediately brought back into the team but didn't prove to be good enough. He was also given regular chances in domestic cricket and two PSL tournaments but he continued to get thrashed like no tomorrow.

What else could they do? He has a big chip on his shoulder for someone who claims to have played the game with dignity.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Speaking on TV

"I didn't take a sudden decision, nor did anyone say anything which forced me to make this decision"

"PCB wasn't allowing me an occasion to announce my retirement so I chose to do this during these matches"

"After my action became an issue, I played matches against Bangladesh but then I was under a lot of pressure"

"I was told to bowl with my remodelled action without worrying about how many runs were being scored off me"

"I was sent to the Bangladesh series too early into this process"

"Bangladesh was a good team and I was played against them and then I was dropped"

"Narine after being accused of suspect action is playing, as are others apart from Hafeez and I"

"Why are they after Pakistani bowlers only? The PCB should question the ICC on this matter"

"Off-spin is an art and its being put to an end in Pakistan deliberately"

"There is no good off-spinner in domestic cricket at the moment, nor is there one in the horizon"

"If a good off-spinner does come through he should be monitored in LUMS lab before progressing him forward"

"Should not be the case that we get that off-spinner to do work for us and then one day he gets accused of suspect action"

"Train the good bowlers and show them what they are doing (actions) and not discard them":

"I have never been offered a farewell" "I have never asked for a farewell, I play cricket with dignity and I will never be a burden on anyone"

Why does he refer to himself in third person? Or is this someone else?