Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 72 of 72
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Karachi,Pakistan
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quinton de Kock vs Babar Azam

    Both of them are fascinating talents and probably on of the best young talents out there.If we compare their odi stats then Quinton de Kock averages 45.85 with a SR of 94.62 where as Babar azam averages 58.60 with a SR of 85.88 ,So in terms of odi Babar seems superior not only because that he averages higher but he seems to have a better temperment as well and lately he has been a key man for Pakistan in pressure situations .If we compare their T20 stats Quinton de Kock averages 29.66 with SR of 127.95 where Babar azam 46.80 with a SR of 121.87 however he has only played a handfull no of games so i dont think that reflects his true capability and so i dont find it fair to compare the 2 on basis of these stats so making my judgement based on what i have seen of these two i think both of them are quite level in terms of t20 as they both arent the most hard hitting batsmans .Coming towords Tests Quinton de Kock averages 44.40 where as Babar azam averages 23.75 but again he has only played a handfull no of matches,however judging by what i have seen i feel Quinton de Kock is a better Test batsman Babar azam certainly hasnt shown that temperment in Test cricket and hasent been a quality player.
    Who do you think is better (OVERALL)?

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,102
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    De Kock will turn the fab 4 into the fab 5. Has the potential to surpass Gilchrist and never did I thought I would say that.

    De Kock has an extra gear which Babar doesn't have and I think we Kock has a decent record in most countries. He does need to improve in icc tournaments though. De Kock is easily better in tests, Babar can be a brilliant test player though.

    Could be a close comparison in tests but in LO it will be 1 sided.

    I'll take De Kock over Babar .

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    4,879
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think de kock will end up as much better player than Babar across all formats.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,947
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is easily better. Babar is doing his role pretty well in odis. Our captain and bowlers restrict oppositions to 270 at max and he doesnt need to play at 100+ SR rather his role is different. Babar's addition has certainly proved to be fruitful in our recent odi success. Should have been added to the squad in 2012 after his 2nd u-19 wc.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    6,707
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quinton de Kock. He isn't a scared cat.


    You gotta work until your idols become your rivals.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    56
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QDK is an all format player! He has the ability to switch gears and turn lethal considering the match situation! But I didn't see anything special in Babar the test & T20 batsman! His tuk tuk would work well for ODIs but can't accelerate! Babar has a long way to go to even consider him in the same graph as QDK!

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    186
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is better suited to steering and building a lengthy innings but there's no question as of right now that QdK has more than a couple of gears in his arsenal that Babar simply doesn't.

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Birmingham, UK
    Runs
    50
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Kock hands down sir..

    De kock is a game changer, babar is good but needs to develop the big shots..put it this way,I'd back de Kock to get 8 off to yo win the game over babar.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    76
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    I think de kock will end up as much better player than Babar across all formats.
    What makes you think that QDK would be a better player than babar ?Is the inferior average of QDK the reason for it or he being a non Pakistani makes you think like that ?

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    4,879
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Godhelpma View Post
    What makes you think that QDK would be a better player than babar ?Is the inferior average of QDK the reason for it or he being a non Pakistani makes you think like that ?
    I think Qdk simply has a lot more potential than babar in odis. Qdk is an attacking opening batsmen who can change the game in no matter of time and is a very good wicket keeper too. Babar on other hand isn't great in accelerating runs at faster rate. He avgs high but these are just starting days for him.

    In tests, Qdk is an established player and has already played few quality knocks in his short career. Babar hasn't established himself as a test cricketer yet.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    9,905
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    QdK could potentially become an all time great based on some of his raw performances alone. Dont get the same,vibe from Babar yet because he's not as well rounded.


    Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,239
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quinton has hundreds against Pakistan, India, England and Australia in ODIs. He is ahead of Babar in ODIs and tests so far.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar will end up with a much better career.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Sha Allah

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    784
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Kock easily.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    155
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answer is Quinton DeKock. There are many criterias by which you can do a comparison between batsmen for the sake of argument I'm using the criteria of scoring hundreds. The following is my opinion and not a fact.

    Tests:
    Babar (0) - (25-30): Babar at the moment has zero hundreds but I firmly believe he will go down as one of Pakistan's finest by the time he retires. I predict he would get 25-30 centuries under his belt once he retires.
    DeKock (3) - (25-30): DeKock currently has 3 hundreds and by the time he retires I expect him to score around 25-30 hundreds. Although, I predict Babar and DeKock to score same number of hundreds DeKock will still go down as a better test player than Azam due to his added responsibility of keeping and also the rate at which he would score those hundreds might yield more wins for Saffers than what Babar would to for Pak.

    ODI:
    Babar (7) - (20): Babar at the moment is already at 7 hundreds and by the time he retires I expect him to have highest number of hundreds by a Pakistani batsman, which I think is Saeed with 19 or 20. So, I expect Babar to score around 20 in his career.
    DeKock (13) - (30): This is one of the telling facts of DeKock's ODI career, his ease of scoring hundreds and his conversion rate. At the rate DeKock is going I expect him to score upwards of 30 centuries which would put him up there with the elite of the game. Hands down DeKock wins in limited overs.

    Overall, its easy DeKock will go down as a better player. Further, I also expect to be handed captaincy in the next couple of years across all formats. When this would be done DeKock would make the current Fab 4 into Fab 5.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Johannesburg
    Runs
    1,098
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another extremely odd comparison. I understand that they're both young talents with lots of potential but that's where the similarities end.

    De Kock is an attacking keeper batsman and Babar is an accumulator. Their roles in their respective teams are totally different. They'll both do very well for their countries while being 2 completely different players.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    3,464
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Both are overrated on this forum

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Johannesburg
    Runs
    1,098
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion__ View Post
    Both are overrated on this forum
    De Kock
    Name a better keeper batsman under the age of 25.

    Babar
    Name a better middle order bat under the age of 25

  20. #20
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffer_XIII View Post
    De Kock
    Name a better keeper batsman under the age of 25.

    Babar
    Name a better middle order bat under the age of 25
    Mendis is a better test bat and he is 22.

    Babar is far more complete overall, however.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Johannesburg
    Runs
    1,098
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    Mendis is a better test bat and he is 22.

    Babar is far more complete overall, however.
    Mendis averages 33 in test cricket and 32 in ODIs. In what world is that better than De Kock's averages of 44 and 45. It's not even close to be honest.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffer_XIII View Post
    Mendis averages 33 in test cricket and 32 in ODIs. In what world is that better than De Kock's averages of 44 and 45. It's not even close to be honest.
    No i meant Mendis is a better test batsman than Babar as he has 4 centuries and his average is 10 runs higher.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,279
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On our perspective Babar is good in ODI only but Quinton is too good for him. Its like comparing Selim Elahi with Hasim Amla.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,573
    Mentioned
    3888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    QdK is a phenomenal player. His ceiling and impact is higher than Babar.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,573
    Mentioned
    3888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffer_XIII View Post
    Another extremely odd comparison. I understand that they're both young talents with lots of potential but that's where the similarities end.

    De Kock is an attacking keeper batsman and Babar is an accumulator. Their roles in their respective teams are totally different. They'll both do very well for their countries while being 2 completely different players.
    Yes it is a random comparison, but QdK can do what Babar can but Babar cannot do what QdK can. The former is certainly a superior player, and could go down as an ATG.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Yes it is a random comparison, but QdK can do what Babar can but Babar cannot do what QdK can. The former is certainly a superior player, and could go down as an ATG.
    I don't understand this logic of yours that so and so can do what he can't etc. You used that to say Rahul is better than Babar and are now doing it with QDK too. Umar Akmal and Ahmad Shahzad are betttrr accelerators than Babar Azam meaning they can do what he can't.

    Does that make them better batsmen?

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,573
    Mentioned
    3888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    I don't understand this logic of yours that so and so can do what he can't etc. You used that to say Rahul is better than Babar and are now doing it with QDK too. Umar Akmal and Ahmad Shahzad are betttrr accelerators than Babar Azam meaning they can do what he can't.

    Does that make them better batsmen?
    Umar at the moment doesn't have the attention span to bat for more than 30-40 deliveries. Shehzad is not better than Babar at accelerating; his strike rotation is poor and Babar can hit as many big shots as he does.

    Yes both KL Rahul and QdK are superior batsmen to Babar. They are more versatile and have an extra gear which Babar doesn't possess at the moment. KL Rahul is technically as good as it gets, and he has the game for all formats. He has been unfortunate to not get going in ODIs yet because India have the second best ODI opening pair in the world so he is not getting a look-in.

    QdK is not technically top notch but his immense ability more than makes up for it. He is the true successor to Gilchrist. Babar is the most complete batsman we have produced since Mohammad Yousuf, but he has limitations that he will need to overcome if he is going to win Limited Overs games for Pakistan against the top teams.

    Just because he is our best batting hope in over a decade doesn't mean we have to overrate him. He is very good but he is not at the level of QdK.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De kock obviously.Babar azam is nobody until he scores runs in odis against big teams/big matches and scores in tests.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Johannesburg
    Runs
    1,098
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    No i meant Mendis is a better test batsman than Babar as he has 4 centuries and his average is 10 runs higher.
    Oh. My mistake. I agree with you.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    3,464
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffer_XIII View Post
    De Kock
    Name a better keeper batsman under the age of 25.

    Babar
    Name a better middle order bat under the age of 25
    de Kock has a weak game against quality spin and swing. People talk about him as if he is as good as fab four but he is clearly inferior to them.

    Babar is nobody in test cricket. And like de Kock, he doesn't look assured against good spin bowling. Lacks the top gear in limited overs. His limited overs game suited to the team for which he plays (because Pakistan has a strong bowling line up) but he won't necessarily be the best fit for right batting combination for teams like India or England. He lacks impact for a batsman having as good numbers as him.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Johannesburg
    Runs
    1,098
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Yes it is a random comparison, but QdK can do what Babar can but Babar cannot do what QdK can. The former is certainly a superior player, and could go down as an ATG.
    I don't fully agree with that. Whenever De Kock gets tied down a bit, it always feels as though he's about to throw it away with a ridiculous slash across the line. Babar on the other hand seems to be a more calculating cricketer. De Kock isn't exactly the sharpest tool in box.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffer_XIII View Post
    Oh. My mistake. I agree with you.
    I think Babar will definitely end up better than him in all formats.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Umar at the moment doesn't have the attention span to bat for more than 30-40 deliveries. Shehzad is not better than Babar at accelerating; his strike rotation is poor and Babar can hit as many big shots as he does.

    Yes both KL Rahul and QdK are superior batsmen to Babar. They are more versatile and have an extra gear which Babar doesn't possess at the moment. KL Rahul is technically as good as it gets, and he has the game for all formats. He has been unfortunate to not get going in ODIs yet because India have the second best ODI opening pair in the world so he is not getting a look-in.

    QdK is not technically top notch but his immense ability more than makes up for it. He is the true successor to Gilchrist. Babar is the most complete batsman we have produced since Mohammad Yousuf, but he has limitations that he will need to overcome if he is going to win Limited Overs games for Pakistan against the top teams.

    Just because he is our best batting hope in over a decade doesn't mean we have to overrate him. He is very good but he is not at the level of QdK.
    Ok but I think it is fair to say he is much better techincally than Rohit, is more compact and will end up scorin more runs for Pakistan at the. End of his career than Rohit would have for India.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,573
    Mentioned
    3888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffer_XIII View Post
    I don't fully agree with that. Whenever De Kock gets tied down a bit, it always feels as though he's about to throw it away with a ridiculous slash across the line. Babar on the other hand seems to be a more calculating cricketer. De Kock isn't exactly the sharpest tool in box.
    de Kock has played quite a few mature innings as well. His natural instinct is to attack so obviously he can be impatient at times, but it is easier for him to accumulate runs compared to how difficult and perhaps impossible it is going to be for Babar to reach that extra gear that QdK has.

    I can imagine QdK accumulating runs, but I cannot imagine Babar smashing 178 against Australia.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,573
    Mentioned
    3888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    Ok but I think it is fair to say he is much better techincally than Rohit, is more compact and will end up scorin more runs for Pakistan at the. End of his career than Rohit would have for India.
    Rohit has achieved a lot in ODIs. So far Babar has not proved that he is technically better than Rohit because he is yet to perform in Test cricket, which has also been a problem for Rohit. In addition, Rohit possesses an extra gear that no other batsman - let alone Babar -does.

    Babar will have to play extremely well to go down as a better LOI batsman than Rohit, who has achieved some incredible feats and is entering his peak years now. In fact, it is going to be almost impossible.

    As far as Test cricket goes, we have to consider the fact that India's batting lineup in Tests is very strong and there is not enough room for error. Rohit has had a decent Test career but they have discarded him early because they have better players than him. Babar would have been kicked out of the Indian Test team as well along with the likes of Shafiq.

    In Pakistan, Rohit would have been played regular Test cricket and he would have scored big hundreds on UAE pitches.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Rohit has achieved a lot in ODIs. So far Babar has not proved that he is technically better than Rohit because he is yet to perform in Test cricket, which has also been a problem for Rohit. In addition, Rohit possesses an extra gear that no other batsman - let alone Babar -does.

    Babar will have to play extremely well to go down as a better LOI batsman than Rohit, who has achieved some incredible feats and is entering his peak years now. In fact, it is going to be almost impossible.

    As far as Test cricket goes, we have to consider the fact that India's batting lineup in Tests is very strong and there is not enough room for error. Rohit has had a decent Test career but they have discarded him early because they have better players than him. Babar would have been kicked out of the Indian Test team as well along with the likes of Shafiq.

    In Pakistan, Rohit would have been played regular Test cricket and he would have scored big hundreds on UAE pitches.
    You are making Rohit sound likesome sort of ATG TOP 5 ODI batsman.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,573
    Mentioned
    3888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    You are making Rohit sound likesome sort of ATG TOP 5 ODI batsman.
    If he keeps this up for another 5-6 years, he can become an ODI great. He is already on his way to becoming an Indian ODI legend, which actually means something because India have had many great ODI batsmen unlike Pakistan.

    If Rohit would have been a Pakistani, both him and Dhawan would already have been ODI legends, since our standards very low.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,584
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    You are making Rohit sound likesome sort of ATG TOP 5 ODI batsman.
    Stats are irrelevant when you are referring to players like Rohit. It's all about impact of these players. I don't know if he will be called a legend or not but he is a pure match winner. This is something that some Pakistani fans and selectors fail to understand. Seems like we are more obsessed with 100s and averages. But we actually used to field players based on impact in the past but things have changed a lot in the last 6 years.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,584
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Qdk seems to me the best wk batsman in the world atm. And as a batsman alone he is far ahead than Baber. Unlike Baber he is not limited and has more shots.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,121
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quinton De Kock is better at the moment.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,155
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QDK wins easiliy.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    67
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QDK is far more versatile but Babar can improve his game.He possesses the talent to do so!

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QDK. no contest here

  44. #44
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,895
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easily QDK and this coming from a Pakistani fan. Babar Azam is too slow initially

  45. #45
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,947
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is criminally underrated on this forum. Kabhi na khush honay wali qoum. You guys deserve tuk tuk Misbah and Bang Bang Afridi. And yes no 8 ranking too!


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  46. #46
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    748
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Babar is criminally underrated on this forum. Kabhi na khush honay wali qoum. You guys deserve tuk tuk Misbah and Bang Bang Afridi. And yes no 8 ranking too!
    Agreed. Dont know what else people are looking for. If he scores runs people arent happy and if he doesnt people arent happy.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    5,472
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    QDK is massively overrated on this forum. He was a complete failure in his first and only WC. Has properly bashed Indian bowlers in bilaterals.

    He still has a long way to go. I will wait for at least an year before I make a pick.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    5,472
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Rohit has achieved a lot in ODIs. So far Babar has not proved that he is technically better than Rohit because he is yet to perform in Test cricket, which has also been a problem for Rohit. In addition, Rohit possesses an extra gear that no other batsman - let alone Babar -does.

    Babar will have to play extremely well to go down as a better LOI batsman than Rohit, who has achieved some incredible feats and is entering his peak years now. In fact, it is going to be almost impossible.

    As far as Test cricket goes, we have to consider the fact that India's batting lineup in Tests is very strong and there is not enough room for error. Rohit has had a decent Test career but they have discarded him early because they have better players than him. Babar would have been kicked out of the Indian Test team as well along with the likes of Shafiq.

    In Pakistan, Rohit would have been played regular Test cricket and he would have scored big hundreds on UAE pitches.
    Rohit has done nothing but bash B grade attacks in meaningless bilaterals. He's a guaranteed walking wicket whenever there is something in the wicket.

    The comparison with Asad is wrong. Rohit got way too many chances in tests but he could not even score in India. Asad was a far better player an year ago and he scored consistently in the UAE and played two good innings in England.

    BTW, Rohit is turning 32. His peak years are ending pretty soon.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    4,221
    Mentioned
    1096 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I feel that QDK is better at the moment and seems like the only wicket keeping batsman who can challenge Adam Gilchrist's phenomenal stats in tests. In ODI's too he has been great and being the wicket keeper of the side, he is technically an all-rounder. So for me it is QDK ahead of Babar in Tests and ODI's.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    9,501
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference between the two is I will always want a batsman like QdK when my team is chasing a 300, but I will never, ever, everrrrr in a million years would a want a selfish bat like Babar when my team is chasing 300.

    For all Babar's fantastic stats, none of them have yet to impact the team when we are chasing a big total.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    56
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Rohit has done nothing but bash B grade attacks in meaningless bilaterals. He's a guaranteed walking wicket whenever there is something in the wicket.

    The comparison with Asad is wrong. Rohit got way too many chances in tests but he could not even score in India. Asad was a far better player an year ago and he scored consistently in the UAE and played two good innings in England.

    BTW, Rohit is turning 32. His peak years are ending pretty soon.
    Out of 7 centuries Babar made, 6 of them have come from same B grade attacks of WI and Lanka in UAE pitches. Don't they? Does that mean Babar has done nothing too? Your logic makes no sense. Babar can only dream of scoring double tons and chasing big totals like Rohit. Yes! I agree Rohit has an issue with moving ball, but it doesn't make him a minnow basher. His 171 againt AUS in Waca is a testament of Rohit's caliber as a Batsman! Well! Let's see how many centuries Babar can make outside UAE pitches againist great attacks!

  52. #52
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,028
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    QDK can accelerate (from 3 to 10 runs per over) but Babar would throw away his wicket in doing so.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    27,200
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Babar will end up as the better batsman. Of course de Kock is ahead as of now, he's played many more matches than Azam has.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Babar will end up as the better batsman. Of course de Kock is ahead as of now, he's played many more matches than Azam has.
    What do you make of Mamoon's theory, QDK and KL can accelerate so they are better batsman.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,573
    Mentioned
    3888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    What do you make of Mamoon's theory, QDK and KL can accelerate so they are better batsman.
    Not sure if asking the most biased individual on this forum is going to help, but nonetheless, he will definitely say what you want to hear.

    As I have said before, Babar vs KL Rahul is debatable and comes down to personal preference. The former has been better in ODIs, but the latter has done better in Tests and T20Is.

    The reason why I think KL Rahul is a better batsman is because he is technically superior and a better hitter than Babar. Apart from that, there is not much between the two. Both are very solid young batsmen.

    However, the comparison of Babar and QdK is ridiculous. QdK is one of the most dangerous batsmen in the world who is really good in all three formats. In Limited Overs, if he gets going, he will literally take the game away from you. In Tests, he decimated Australia in Australia while Babar was a walking wicket.

    Babar has been outstanding in ODIs, but he is an accumulator who is not going to take the game away from the opposition. You can tie him down to one end and attack the others, and he won't be able to do much harm. On the other hand, you cannot tie down QdK. If you don't get him out, he is going to hurt you badly.

    However, the role that he plays for Pakistan is very important because we are prone to collapses, and the maturity and consistency that he has exhibited at a young age is praiseworthy, especially when you consider the fact that he is a Pakistani batsman.

    Nonetheless, if we take our green-tinted glasses off, it is not hard to see why QDK is a much better player and a much more impactful player than Babar.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Not sure if asking the most biased individual on this forum is going to help, but nonetheless, he will definitely say what you want to hear.

    As I have said before, Babar vs KL Rahul is debatable and comes down to personal preference. The former has been better in ODIs, but the latter has done better in Tests and T20Is.

    The reason why I think KL Rahul is a better batsman is because he is technically superior and a better hitter than Babar. Apart from that, there is not much between the two. Both are very solid young batsmen.

    However, the comparison of Babar and QdK is ridiculous. QdK is one of the most dangerous batsmen in the world who is really good in all three formats. In Limited Overs, if he gets going, he will literally take the game away from you. In Tests, he decimated Australia in Australia while Babar was a walking wicket.

    Babar has been outstanding in ODIs, but he is an accumulator who is not going to take the game away from the opposition. You can tie him down to one end and attack the others, and he won't be able to do much harm. On the other hand, you cannot tie down QdK. If you don't get him out, he is going to hurt you badly.

    However, the role that he plays for Pakistan is very important because we are prone to collapses, and the maturity and consistency that he has exhibited at a young age is praiseworthy, especially when you consider the fact that he is a Pakistani batsman.

    Nonetheless, if we take our green-tinted glasses off, it is not hard to see why QDK is a much better player and a much more impactful player than Babar.
    That would make the likes of VIV and ABD better than SRT wouldn't it? As their duration at the crease bothers the opposition more and are more impactful and Tendulkar could also be 'tied down'

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    168
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both will end up as elite ODI batsmen.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,573
    Mentioned
    3888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    That would make the likes of VIV and ABD better than SRT wouldn't it? As their duration at the crease bothers the opposition more and are more impactful and Tendulkar could also be 'tied down'
    Viv Richards is certainly a better ODI batsman than Tendulkar, and de Villiers had the potential to be better but his peak was short compared to Tendulkar's, and he has not delivered in crunch matches.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,573
    Mentioned
    3888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Rohit has done nothing but bash B grade attacks in meaningless bilaterals. He's a guaranteed walking wicket whenever there is something in the wicket.

    The comparison with Asad is wrong. Rohit got way too many chances in tests but he could not even score in India. Asad was a far better player an year ago and he scored consistently in the UAE and played two good innings in England.

    BTW, Rohit is turning 32. His peak years are ending pretty soon.
    Any team in the world would love a 'walking wicket' has been absolutely brilliant outside Asia in the last 3-4 years, has 2 double-hundreds, numerous 140+ scores, 4 hundreds in Australia including a 170+ score.

    He is not as clutch as Dhawan, but he has done very well in ICC tournaments. He was the second top-scorer in the 2017 Champions Trophy and had a good World Cup as well. He is certainly not a bottler.

    Rohit has issues with lateral movement especially in-swingers, but those conditions are not common in ODIs, and that is why Rohit has piled up the runs over the last few years. He walks into every ODI team in the world except South Africa.

    His Test record is not bad, but the problem is that India have the best top 5 in the world. With similar numbers, Shafiq has been a fixture in our lineup for years. 21 Tests is not a big number, especially when you consider that Babar has already played half the number of matches and he has been awful for 90% of those games.

    If Rohit gets 60 odd Tests with more than half of them in the UAE, he will outperform Shafiq. He is a much better batsman by any measure, except for perhaps scoring soft, useless runs under no pressure.

    Rohit would play regular Test cricket for most teams, especially the Asian sides. He is unfortunate to be playing in India in the era of Kohli, Pujara, Rahane, Vijay and KL Rahul, who are all superior Test batsmen.

    Rohit turned 30 a few months ago. He has 3-4 peak years still in him.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,704
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can we stick to the topic of the thread please


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Can we stick to the topic of the thread please
    Ok

  62. #62
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Can we stick to the topic of the thread please
    I think even @Mamoon won't doubt that in terms of world batting talent

    Tier 1:

    De Kock
    Babar
    Rahul

    Tier 2:

    Mendis
    Hope
    Renshaw

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,573
    Mentioned
    3888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    I think even @Mamoon won't doubt that in terms of world batting talent

    Tier 1:

    De Kock
    Babar
    Rahul

    Tier 2:

    Mendis
    Hope
    Renshaw
    He is in the league of the big four (Kohli, Root, Smith and Williamson), which is a tier above Babar, KL Rahul etc.

    In between the tier of Babar and KL Rahul, I will place Warner. He is not as good as the big four, but close.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He is in the league of the big four (Kohli, Root, Smith and Williamson), which is a tier above Babar, KL Rahul etc.

    In between the tier of Babar and KL Rahul, I will place Warner. He is not as good as the big four, but close.
    Do u think Rahul and Babar are as good as Warner?

  65. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,573
    Mentioned
    3888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    Do u think Rahul and Babar are as good as Warner?
    Babar will never match Warner, but I think KL Rahul has the potential to surpass him as a Test opener. He can handle any conditions and any pitch unlike Warner. However, the latter is a brilliant match-winner so it is going to be a big challenge for KL Rahul to compete with his impact.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Babar will never match Warner, but I think KL Rahul has the potential to surpass him as a Test opener. He can handle any conditions and any pitch unlike Warner. However, the latter is a brilliant match-winner so it is going to be a big challenge for KL Rahul to compete with his impact.
    Fair point about Rahul but I think Babar will definitely overtake Warner in the one day format at least. Warner has 4000 runs and is 32 whilst Babar has 2000 and is 23. Their average difference is also 14 runs.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,573
    Mentioned
    3888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    Fair point about Rahul but I think Babar will definitely overtake Warner in the one day format at least. Warner has 4000 runs and is 32 whilst Babar has 2000 and is 23. Their average difference is also 14 runs.
    It is not just about runs and averages. Warner is already one of the most high impact players in ODI history; he is a serious match-winner. LOIs cricket is all about impact, and that is where Babar lags behind. He is a run machine, but he is not the type of player who is going to dictate the outcome of the game.

    Babar is an Amla, Williamson type ODI batsman. Very consistent with very good numbers, but unless he changes his batting style, he will not be regarded in the same vein as some of the greatest ODI players of all time.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,988
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are brilliant young players and equally important for their respective teams. Though, I hope Babar turns out to be better of the two.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    27,200
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    What do you make of Mamoon's theory, QDK and KL can accelerate so they are better batsman.
    It's rubbish, as usual. Babar Azam can accelerate when needed, which even his haters won't deny because they are always on his back for his slow starts in ODIs.

    Players like Cook, Shafiq and Trott could not accelerate and therefore ended up as ODI failures. Babar Azam is not like those batsmen, he definitely meets the requirements of modern-day cricket and has played several impactful innings already.

    Rahul should hope and pray that he does not end up like Rohit Sharma, beastly at home and a meme overseas. He has the talent to be an all-conditions batsman, same goes for Babar Azam. de Kock is already one.

    Impact is scoring a hundred on a tough pitch against a good bowling attack. Those win you matches. Babar Azam will play plenty of impactful innings in his career.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    5,472
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Out of 7 centuries Babar made, 6 of them have come from same B grade attacks of WI and Lanka in UAE pitches. Don't they? Does that mean Babar has done nothing too? Your logic makes no sense. Babar can only dream of scoring double tons and chasing big totals like Rohit. Yes! I agree Rohit has an issue with moving ball, but it doesn't make him a minnow basher. His 171 againt AUS in Waca is a testament of Rohit's caliber as a Batsman! Well! Let's see how many centuries Babar can make outside UAE pitches againist great attacks!
    Babar is 8-9 years younger. He's himself flawed as a batsman, lacks the power game.

    I'm not saying that Babar is better than Rohit or De Kock. Hoewever, it is laughable if anyone thinks Rohit is near some ATG status. There is a long list of things missing from his resume.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    23
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Babar is 8-9 years younger. He's himself flawed as a batsman, lacks the power game.

    I'm not saying that Babar is better than Rohit or De Kock. Hoewever, it is laughable if anyone thinks Rohit is near some ATG status. There is a long list of things missing from his resume.
    I think the problem is people here treating him like he is some sort of reincarnation of Wajahattulah Wasti. He is one of the top 5 ODI batsman today . He is still not fully settled in tests. Ironically his last test innings is a match winning 80 odd on a greenish pitch.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    264
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Tests this looks like a comparison between Gilchrist and an unproven young batsman. Even Gilchrist says QDK is a better batsman. He may be his humble self here, but QDK looks like he's on his way to being that class.

    In ODIs QDK is a destructive batsman, and Babar is more of a slow builder in ODIs. I think that Babar is our best batsman in ODIs after Malik, and we're lucky to have someone this young and impressive, but I can't imagine international bowlers wanting to bowl to QDK over Babar.

    Aside from Pakistani fans, who in a cricketing country would choose Babar over QDK?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •