Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    4,221
    Mentioned
    1090 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    National T20 Cup | Day 5 | 15 Nov, 2017 | Lahore W v Faisalabad, Karachi W v Lahore B | Match Thread

    Lahore W v Faisalabad (12:00 local | 07:00 GMT | 18:00 AEDT | 17:30 ACDT | 15:00 AWST)

    Lahore W Squad: Aamer Yamin, Amad Butt, Asif Ali, Asif Zakir, Azhar Ali, Bilal Asif, Ehsan Adil, Hasan Qadeer, Kamran Akmal †, Mohammad Irfan(5), Raza Ali Dar, Salman Butt (c), Sami Aslam, Umaid Asif, Umar Akmal, Wahab Riaz

    Faisalabad Squad: Ali Shan, Ali Waqas, Asad Ali, Asad Raza, Asif Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Gauhar Ali †, Imran Butt, Imran Khalid, Khurram Shehzad, Mohammad Sami, Saeed Ajmal (c), Sahibzada Farhan, Sohaib Maqsood, Taj Wali, Yasir Shah

    Karachi W v Lahore B (Day/Night 16:00 local | 11:00 GMT | 22:00 AEDT | 21:30 ACDT | 19:00 AWST)

    Karachi W Squad: Abrar Ahmed, Akbar-ur-Rehman, Anwar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Azam Hussain, Danish Aziz, Haris Sohail, Jaahid Ali, Khurram Manzoor, Mir Hamza, Rumman Raees, Sarfraz Ahmed (c) †, Shahid Yousuf, Tabish Khan, Zulfiqar Babar

    Lahore B Squad: Abid Ali, Adnan Akmal †, Agha Salman, Ahmed Shehzad, Aizaz Cheema, Atif Jabbar, Babar Azam, Ghulam Mudassar, Hussain Talat, Imam-ul-Haq, Junaid Khan, Khalid Usman, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hafeez (c), Saad Nasim, Tayyab Tahir

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,155
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no game today.it is raining heavily in isd i think and was raining last night as well.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    268
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    no game today.it is raining heavily in isd i think and was raining last night as well.
    Match is starting brother.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,155
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taaya View Post
    Match is starting brother.
    thats good news.The ground staff would have done fantastic job then.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,155
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taaya View Post
    Match is starting brother.
    thats good news.The ground staff would have done fantastic job then.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,095
    Mentioned
    1413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Faisalabad 0/1 * (1.1/20 ov)

    Vs

    Lahore Whites

    Lahore Whites won the toss and elected to field


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    2,862
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maqsood always have problems with his helmet . this is 3rd time he is changing his helmet in this match .

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    2,862
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kami missed stumping chance.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    200
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Maqsood does well today too.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    200
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ........nevermind.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    41
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Umar Akmal playing for any team?

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,584
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what's the update? Is it raining?match seems stopped.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,574
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope Faheem gets to bat a bit more today.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,095
    Mentioned
    1413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Still no play due to rain


    Faisalabad 29/2 * (5.3/20 ov)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    280
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really unfortunate, 2 days lost of the tournament.

    Feel bad for both the players as well as viewers. Its really important for many players to show their game and bring them back into contention.

    Another example of PCB's lack of planning, no preparation, absurd favoritism and pathetic scheduling.

    Ground staff also looks inept the outfield is miserable, they can't even start the game at given time.

    Why was Natl. T20 kept in Punjab knowing the smog issues. Karachi or Hyderabad was best suited to host the tournament. Rain is extremely rare and no smog occurence in this part of the region.

    PAkistan's pathetic corrupt system of awarding jobs based on relationships, administration mishaps costing everyone dearly.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,689
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lahore Whites vs Faisalabad - No result.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,348
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkwdpassion View Post
    Really unfortunate, 2 days lost of the tournament.

    Feel bad for both the players as well as viewers. Its really important for many players to show their game and bring them back into contention.

    Another example of PCB's lack of planning, no preparation, absurd favoritism and pathetic scheduling.

    Ground staff also looks inept the outfield is miserable, they can't even start the game at given time.

    Why was Natl. T20 kept in Punjab knowing the smog issues. Karachi or Hyderabad was best suited to host the tournament. Rain is extremely rare and no smog occurence in this part of the region.

    PAkistan's pathetic corrupt system of awarding jobs based on relationships, administration mishaps costing everyone dearly.
    National Stadium is being or will be renovated (broken roof, missing seats).

    The Karachi Whites are currently rotating between three stadiums: United Bank Limited Sports Complex,
    National Bank of Pakistan Sports Complex and National Stadium.

    I don't think they want to put a 40-45 match tournament burden on the stadium.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    280
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    National Stadium is being or will be renovated (broken roof, missing seats).

    The Karachi Whites are currently rotating between three stadiums: United Bank Limited Sports Complex,
    National Bank of Pakistan Sports Complex and National Stadium.

    I don't think they want to put a 40-45 match tournament burden on the stadium.
    There is Defense Cricket Stadium [now called SouthEnd cricket club stad.] and Arbab Niaz Stadium Hyderabad, all have hosted international test matches before. There are plenty of options available only if PCB makes an effort.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,348
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkwdpassion View Post
    There is Defense Cricket Stadium [now called SouthEnd cricket club stad.] and Arbab Niaz Stadium Hyderabad, all have hosted international test matches before. There are plenty of options available only if PCB makes an effort.
    I agree with your general sentiment. Punjab isn't ideal at this time of the year.

    From what I can see, it has to do with a few reasons.

    1) National Stadium can't handle a tournament right now (renovations)
    2) Niaz Stadium has two FC matches right after this tournament (Rawalpindi has nothing on the schedule)
    3) Rawalpindi has hosted this tournament since 2015
    4) The cancellation and re-scheduling of this tournament became a hurdle in finding hosts


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,689
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Both matches have been abandoned.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  21. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,584
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Both matches have been abandoned.
    Somebody please kick Haroon Rasheed out of PCB.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    280
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    I agree with your general sentiment. Punjab isn't ideal at this time of the year.

    From what I can see, it has to do with a few reasons.

    1) National Stadium can't handle a tournament right now (renovations)
    2) Niaz Stadium has two FC matches right after this tournament (Rawalpindi has nothing on the schedule)
    3) Rawalpindi has hosted this tournament since 2015
    4) The cancellation and re-scheduling of this tournament became a hurdle in finding hosts
    Rofl you are making the same point in detail I already made in previous post, PCB's pathetic operations of preparing and scheduling.
    Btw Rawalpindi is a replacement venue, another venue was assigned and then cancelled along with dates.

    There are multiple issues that require common sense, like the ground staff operations. They have been a failure in working on the wet outfield.

    This is all because of nepotistic staffing of more than required unskilled people. From broadcasting to assigning of TTFs and slow players to ground operations, this tournament is an abject failure only due to one issue.

    The same Haroon Rasheed built the best domestic team of UBL in the 80s when he used to do field work. Introducing players who all went to represent Pakistan.

    This was the same equipment handled way better in the 80s, due to qualified people managing it. The broken system of bias and nepotism really destroying the cricket overall.
    Last edited by pkwdpassion; 15th November 2017 at 12:43.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,348
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkwdpassion View Post
    Rofl you are making the same point in detail I already made in previous post, PCB's pathetic operations of preparing and scheduling.
    Btw Rawalpindi is a replacement venue, another venue was assigned and then cancelled along with dates.

    There are multiple issues that require common sense, like the ground staff operations. They have been a failure in working on the wet outfield.

    This is all because of nepotistic staffing of more than required unskilled people. From broadcasting to assigning of TTFs and slow players to ground operations, this tournament is an abject failure only due to one issue.

    The same Haroon Rasheed built the best domestic team of UBL in the 80s when he used to do field work. Introducing players who all went to represent Pakistan.

    This was the same equipment handled way better in the 80s, due to qualified people managing it. The broken system of bias and nepotism really destroying the cricket overall.
    Not quite.

    You're stating it's incompetence but that's not the case. Just an odd set of circumstances.

    The NA 120 elections were taking place in Lahore so the World XI matches had to be pushed forward for security reasons. This automatically meant the National T20 Cup would get postponed.

    What could the PCB do in this case?

    Nothing.

    Elections > International Cricket > T20 Tournament.


    As a result, they had to adjust on the fly and Rawalpindi made the most sense based on the reasons I pointed out. Multan/Faisalabad (original hosts) were out of the equation after the postponement due to FC scheduling.

    All of the other issues about broadcasting/ground staff are a separate issue and shouldn't be lumped with this.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,155
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it has been reported that Micky arthur was there to see some talent on display.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    280
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Not quite.

    You're stating it's incompetence but that's not the case. Just an odd set of circumstances.

    The NA 120 elections were taking place in Lahore so the World XI matches had to be pushed forward for security reasons. This automatically meant the National T20 Cup would get postponed.

    What could the PCB do in this case?

    Nothing.

    Elections > International Cricket > T20 Tournament.


    As a result, they had to adjust on the fly and Rawalpindi made the most sense based on the reasons I pointed out. Multan/Faisalabad (original hosts) were out of the equation after the postponement due to FC scheduling.

    All of the other issues about broadcasting/ground staff are a separate issue and shouldn't be lumped with this.
    Can't go on and on, on the same issue.

    Its not lumped together, its actually all aspects suffer from the same issue, pathetic technical manpower.

    Rawalpindi also suffered from smog, which is why they had to put games as early as 5 pm to finish before 9 pm.
    You have totally diverted the issue on scheduling, the venue selection by PCB did'nt make any sense whatsoever scheduling or otherwise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •