Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 277
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    85,004
    Mentioned
    1433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

    First Test between India [172 & 352/8d] and Sri Lanka [294 & 75/7] ends in a draw

    Toss delayed due to Rain


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    92
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can srilanka win against india?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,166
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rain forecasted for next 2 days, unlikely that we will get many overs in.

    Poor ticket sales, rain, winter time and opposition is SL. Seems like Indian test cricket fans have lost interest in this series unless SL competes.

    ODI/ T20 should have better crowds.


    ...

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,166
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dravidthewall View Post
    Can srilanka win against india?
    If they can beat PAK in UAE then why not India? Unlikely but not impossible!


    ...

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,599
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rain rain go away!

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,763
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If SL bat first, they might be able to compete.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    4,475
    Mentioned
    1157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Not sure why this series is even held at this time. If two days are rained off, we wouldn't get enough cricket to get a result. Also few people who might be interested in turning up for the game will be put away by the weather.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,599
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Not sure why this series is even held at this time. If two days are rained off, we wouldn't get enough cricket to get a result. Also few people who might be interested in turning up for the game will be put away by the weather.
    This rain is not seasonal. Can't be predicted months in advance.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,599
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wake up call to those interested!!!

    Match is starting and SL are bowling first on a green track and under cloud cover!!!!

    Yeeehaaaaa!!!

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,463
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Raining again

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,163
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its going to be a good batting practice for Indian batsmen ahead of difficult SA tour.


    Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,163
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is Vijay injured?


    Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,163
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow, what a start


    Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shikar dhawan is walking wicket here if there is movement.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man looks like durban.Total greentop.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    24,497
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Seems like India want to get ready for SA series with a green top like this.

    Lakmal’s figures look unreal, was into his 5th over and has 2 wickets and given away 0 runs lols.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  17. #17
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,166
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL

    Batting first on a green top after losing toss, 17/2 with Kohli and Pujara at crease.
    Bad light stops play.


    ...

  18. #18
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    24,497
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Kohli gone for 0 from 11 balls.

    Lakmal 6 overs: 6 maidens and 3 wickets, amazing!


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,252
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Kohli gone for 0 from 11 balls.

    Lakmal 6 overs: 6 maidens and 3 wickets, amazing!

    Whaaaaaattt!?!?!?!

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,150
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for Rahane to prove why he is rated as the best Asian batsmen to pick for pacer friendly conditions.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    9,107
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good start for Sri Lanka. Hope they don't let a big partnership build. They should look to get the hosts all out for under 200.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Somewhere from Bangladesh
    Runs
    437
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Viral kohli

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    1,673
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anik Sharma View Post
    Viral kohli
    He has serious problems in 5th/6th stump line and whenever conditions/skills are present: the bowlers will exploit it

    But hey let's reject the facts!

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    1,673
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Malcolm Lakmal on fire!

  25. #25
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,763
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Time for Rahane to prove why he is rated as the best Asian batsmen to pick for pacer friendly conditions.
    That would be Haris sohail and its not even close.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,895
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    That would be Haris sohail and its not even close.
    Based on what, 2 zip in the UAE

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,150
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    That would be Haris sohail and its not even close.
    Who is that guy? Never heard of him.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,725
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good cricketing conditions.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,677
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Who is that guy? Never heard of him.
    It is amazing how Pakistanis boast of their average cricketers! That guy has hardly played any test matches (forget away from home) and not even 1 century in any format, and he is superior to Rahane (and maybe even Kohli & Tendulkar!)

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    233
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    He has serious problems in 5th/6th stump line and whenever conditions/skills are present: the bowlers will exploit it

    But hey let's reject the facts!
    And People here say he is a better test batsman than Sachin.Proves my point that he is not half good as a pure batsman as Sachin.

  31. #31
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    5,079
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    200 will be a great score on this pitch it seems. There is swing/seam and great bounce. Pacers dream pitch.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,763
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    Based on what, 2 zip in the UAE
    Ofcourse not , even though he already looked like Pakistan's best test batsman there. I base my view on his domestic record in great conditions for fast bowling. It might be early for you to call him the best Asian test batsman against swing and seam, but having seem enough of his abilities, its not early for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Who is that guy? Never heard of him.
    He is Pakistani batsman. Played 2 tests against Lanka. Refer to my post to Rohit above.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,763
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    It is amazing how Pakistanis boast of their average cricketers! That guy has hardly played any test matches (forget away from home) and not even 1 century in any format, and he is superior to Rahane (and maybe even Kohli & Tendulkar!)
    He is superior to Kohli, Rahane or any tom dick harry India can dish out from its current batch of batsmen. Lets make one thing clear, We are talking purely about batting against swing and seam in the longest format.
    Last edited by Madplayer; 16th November 2017 at 15:47.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,895
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Ofcourse not , even though he already looked like Pakistan's best test batsman there. I base my view on his domestic record in great conditions for fast bowling. It might be early for you to call him the best Asian test batsman against swing and seam, but having seem enough of his abilities, its not early for me.


    He is Pakistani batsman. Played 2 tests against Lanka. Refer to my post to Rohit above.
    And having seen Rahane's domestic FC record, he avged 60+ i.e. higher than Pujara whilst batting at 3 or opening for Mumbai, I disagree with your assessment.

    FC are anything but indicative of your performance at the intl level, sure he might become the greatest (test) batsman from Pak, but let that play out first before acknowledging his potential greatness.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    233
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    He is superior to Kohli, Rahane or any tom dick harry India can dish out from its current batch of batsmen. Lets make one thing clear, We are talking purely about batting against swing and seam in the longest format.
    No notable performances outside Asia against international teams like Rahane yet.So doesnt matter how he batted against domestic trundlers.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    1,673
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    And People here say he is a better test batsman than Sachin.Proves my point that he is not half good as a pure batsman as Sachin.
    That's because people do not consider all the facts which have hugely favored VK's (and other batsmen of our era e.g.:ABDV etc.) ODI stats. Now VK is an ATG in ODI chases, that's an undeniable fact, but if someone like SRT or Lara had same bat size, bowling standards, powerplay rules, DRS system etc: then they would be devastating as well.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,423
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say what you may .... but the Indians were definitely hampered by the dim light !!!!! That’s the brakes .... Toss was very pivotal !!!!

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,636
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Its going to be a good batting practice for Indian batsmen ahead of difficult SA tour.
    LMAO... good batting practice you said


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  39. #39
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    8,032
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And some fans think we are going to beat South Africa in South Africa. We are too dependent on Kohli. Get ready to receive the phainty in South Africa.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,034
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pujara again playing difficult spells and making life easier for the coming batsmen. Lost count on how many times he has done that. 8 off 43 against the new ball this time in difficult conditions and the next batsmen will now find it easy as the shine of bowl is gone. Criminally underrated guy.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,034
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    He has serious problems in 5th/6th stump line and whenever conditions/skills are present: the bowlers will exploit it

    But hey let's reject the facts!
    Sach bolna aik jurm hai aur ham ne ye jurm qabool kia - Jon Elia

    Have said it multiple times that the guy struggles against seam and swing and lucky to be playing in this era against less difficult bowling. But Indians and self hating Pakistanis say I am a biased hater Yes a biased hater will have the opinion that Kohli is the best odi batsman of last 15 years.

    Anyways, there are only 2 occasions when I saw this guy surviving against good seam/swing bowling. First time against SA in test match an 2nd time against Amir in Asia Cup. Sorry but not good enough!


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  42. #42
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    233
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    And some fans think we are going to beat South Africa in South Africa. We are too dependent on Kohli. Get ready to receive the phainty in South Africa.
    Rahane is much better batsman than Kohli outside Asia.He is our best out of the current lot against pacers.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,463
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India have a lot of hard work to do to win this game . Need Rahane and Pujara to get a partnership going then take it from there.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,895
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    And some fans think we are going to beat South Africa in South Africa. We are too dependent on Kohli. Get ready to receive the phainty in South Africa.
    On this pitch, under the lights, BK could roll SL under 100 very easily, you;re making it sound as if this is the first time we see this happening? Also the innings is not over & SL have yet to bat, though if the conditions ease out on day 2/3 then the toss could be the real game changer!

  45. #45
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,463
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Sach bolna aik jurm hai aur ham ne ye jurm qabool kia - Jon Elia

    Have said it multiple times that the guy struggles against seam and swing and lucky to be playing in this era against less difficult bowling. But Indians and self hating Pakistanis say I am a biased hater Yes a biased hater will have the opinion that Kohli is the best odi batsman of last 15 years.

    Anyways, there are only 2 occasions when I saw this guy surviving against good seam/swing bowling. First time against SA in test match an 2nd time against Amir in Asia Cup. Sorry but not good enough!

    Before you start patting yourself on the back and doing a banghra, watch Kohlis dismissal. It had absolutely nothing to do with swing or seam.He just missed a straight ball.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,034
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Before you start patting yourself on the back and doing a banghra, watch Kohlis dismissal. It had absolutely nothing to do with swing or seam.He just missed a straight ball.
    lol i watched it. So it had nothing to do the struggle he had in first 10 balls?
    as i said self hating Pakistanis again having problem with anyone pointing flaws in their hero's game


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  47. #47
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,463
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    lol i watched it. So it had nothing to do the struggle he had in first 10 balls?
    as i said self hating Pakistanis again having problem with anyone pointing flaws in their hero's game

    He hasn't scored a run so I think he was eager to get off the mark, he has a weakness versus the moving ball but that wasn't the reason for his dismissal today.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,034
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He hasn't scored a run so I think he was eager to get off the mark, he has a weakness versus the moving ball but that wasn't the reason for his dismissal today.
    He didnt score a run because he was struggling against the moving ball. Many a times, a dismissal is not just 1 ball rather a process. Ask Mohammad Asif and watch his interviews to know more on this.

    I would say even in the CT the reason of Kohli's dismissal and drop catch were the balls he faced before those ones. Amir was bringing the ball into him and Rohit. Kohli was cautious early on but then wanted to score and then he played a flawed shot trying to flick the ball. Like today it had to do with his struggle against the moving ball.
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 16th November 2017 at 20:31.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,463
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    He didnt score a run because he was struggling against the moving ball. Many a times, a dismissal is not just 1 ball rather a process. Ask Mohammad Asif and watch his interviews to know more on this.

    I would say even in the CT the reason of Kohli's dismissal and drop catch were the balls he faced before those ones. Amir was bringing the ball into him and Rohit. Kohli was cautious early on but then wanted to score and then he played a flawed shot trying to flick the ball. Like today it had to do with his struggle against the moving ball.

    I think today he just missed a straight ball because he was eager to get off the mark.

    But CT wicket was definitely due to a weakness against the moving ball which needs to be corrected.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,065
    Mentioned
    4260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He hasn't scored a run so I think he was eager to get off the mark, he has a weakness versus the moving ball but that wasn't the reason for his dismissal today.
    Lakmal set him up, he was bowling outswinger's at the Indians and maintained a nagging off stump line, Kohli expected the one to move way and played a meek shot which would have put him in trouble regardless


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,463
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Lakmal set him up, he was bowling outswinger's at the Indians and maintained a nagging off stump line, Kohli expected the one to move way and played a meek shot which would have put him in trouble regardless

    It was a straight ball had it moved away or come back in , than I would say he got out due to the seam or swing. There have been other occasions where Kohli has been dismissed due to movement off the pitch.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kohli has long way to go in tests.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,065
    Mentioned
    4260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    It was a straight ball had it moved away or come back in , than I would say he got out due to the seam or swing. There have been other occasions where Kohli has been dismissed due to movement off the pitch.
    It was a straight ball but were it not for the movement in Lakmal's spell that shot may not have been played and resulted in his dismissal because he was thinking about the out swinger, lateral movement issues are not limited to being undone by movement off the pitch but a specific spell you're faced with as a whole and how bowlers set you up in such conditions


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  54. #54
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,852
    Mentioned
    3920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    It was a straight ball had it moved away or come back in , than I would say he got out due to the seam or swing. There have been other occasions where Kohli has been dismissed due to movement off the pitch.
    When the ball is swinging and seaming both ways, it meddles with the batsmen's thinking-process. Kohli was not comfortable against the moving ball which is why he ended up missing a straighter one. He was playing for the swing, and he would not have missed the delivery if the ball was not swinging.

    That is why on rank-turners, batsmen often get out to arm-balls.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,895
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    When the ball is swinging and seaming both ways, it meddles with the batsmen's thinking-process. Kohli was not comfortable against the moving ball which is why he ended up missing a straighter one. He was playing for the swing, and he would not have missed the delivery if the ball was not swinging.

    That is why on rank-turners, batsmen often get out to arm-balls.
    He didn;t necessarily miss it, it was shaping to swing away but pitched & then darted back in, natural variation.

    Yes, exactly.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,852
    Mentioned
    3920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    kohli has long way to go in tests.
    Kohli is the second greatest ODI batsman of all time already, so he will always pale in comparison in Test cricket. The problem is that he has set extremely high standards in ODIs and unless he replicates it in Tests, people are going to nitpick his failures. He will go down as an ATG in Tests but he is unlikely to become a top 5 player, which he already is in ODIs.

    If you look at his Test career in isolation, he is world class through and through, and slowly but surely heading to greatness. Pakistani fans likes to party every time he fails in difficult conditions, but the fact is that his weakness against the moving ball is overstated. He has piled up the runs everywhere except England, and that series was a one-off.

    He will score in South Africa and he will score in England in the summer, but yes those wickets will be flat. Whether or not a pitch is easy or difficult to score on depends on how many runs he gets.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,852
    Mentioned
    3920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    He didn;t necessarily miss it, it was shaping to swing away but pitched & then darted back in, natural variation.

    Yes, exactly.
    I didn't see the dismissal properly. I saw a grainy, 240p video on YouTube where I saw the ball angling into his pads. I didn't notice any movement.

  58. #58
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,269
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Kohli is the second greatest ODI batsman of all time already, so he will always pale in comparison in Test cricket.
    In 5 years, he'll be considered to be better in tests than ODIs.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    166
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why am I not surprised at Kohli's performance

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,895
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I didn't see the dismissal properly. I saw a grainy, 240p video on YouTube where I saw the ball angling into his pads. I didn't notice any movement.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPxBdCTzVoM

  61. #61
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,852
    Mentioned
    3920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    In 5 years, he'll be considered to be better in tests than ODIs.
    He will have to do something miraculous to be considered better in Tests than in ODIs. He is going to down as the greatest ODI batsman of all time, which is not going to happen in Tests. His legacy will be similar to Viv Richards. ATG in both formats, but the ultimate ODI player.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Kohli is the second greatest ODI batsman of all time already, so he will always pale in comparison in Test cricket. The problem is that he has set extremely high standards in ODIs and unless he replicates it in Tests, people are going to nitpick his failures. He will go down as an ATG in Tests but he is unlikely to become a top 5 player, which he already is in ODIs.

    If you look at his Test career in isolation, he is world class through and through, and slowly but surely heading to greatness. Pakistani fans likes to party every time he fails in difficult conditions, but the fact is that his weakness against the moving ball is overstated. He has piled up the runs everywhere except England, and that series was a one-off.

    He will score in South Africa and he will score in England in the summer, but yes those wickets will be flat. Whether or not a pitch is easy or difficult to score on depends on how many runs he gets.
    if he scores in SA that will be great fr him but atm pujara and rehane have higher ceilings than him in testing conditions.
    Last edited by DRsohail; 16th November 2017 at 21:13.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,852
    Mentioned
    3920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    Thanks. He was stuck at the crease, and that is what happens when the ball is swinging.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I didn't see the dismissal properly. I saw a grainy, 240p video on YouTube where I saw the ball angling into his pads. I didn't notice any movement.
    but was struggling against the moving ball,.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,463
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Kohli is the second greatest ODI batsman of all time already, so he will always pale in comparison in Test cricket. The problem is that he has set extremely high standards in ODIs and unless he replicates it in Tests, people are going to nitpick his failures. He will go down as an ATG in Tests but he is unlikely to become a top 5 player, which he already is in ODIs.

    If you look at his Test career in isolation, he is world class through and through, and slowly but surely heading to greatness. Pakistani fans likes to party every time he fails in difficult conditions, but the fact is that his weakness against the moving ball is overstated. He has piled up the runs everywhere except England, and that series was a one-off.

    He will score in South Africa and he will score in England in the summer, but yes those wickets will be flat. Whether or not a pitch is easy or difficult to score on depends on how many runs he gets.

    This is basically the point I'm trying to make. He has a weakness against the moving ball but posters on here are doing banghra over 1 failure. I think today's dismissal was more due to the fact he hasn't got off the mark and the swing factor played a slight part. Look at 2016 versus Amir in Asia cup, when Kohlis at his best and scoring the pitch is taken out of the equation.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,852
    Mentioned
    3920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    if he scores in Sa that will be great but atm pujara and rehane have higher ceilings than him in testing conditions.
    Pujara has failed more often in testing conditions. He is a grinder and bats for long periods of time which gives people the impression that he can handle tough conditions better. He might play lateral movement slightly better than Kohli, but he is nowhere close when it comes to playing short-pitched bowling.

    Kohli is the best Test batsman in Asia by some distance. Pujara and Rahane do not have the game to put the opposition on the back-foot. That is why Kohli is the most prized wicket in India.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,463
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pujara has failed more often in testing conditions. He is a grinder and bats for long periods of time which gives people the impression that he can handle tough conditions better. He might play lateral movement slightly better than Kohli, but he is nowhere close when it comes to playing short-pitched bowling.

    Kohli is the best Test batsman in Asia by some distance. Pujara and Rahane do not have the game to put the opposition on the back-foot. That is why Kohli is the most prized wicket in India.

    Pujara didn't do well that in Australia and South Africa last time?

  68. #68
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pujara has failed more often in testing conditions. He is a grinder and bats for long periods of time which gives people the impression that he can handle tough conditions better. He might play lateral movement slightly better than Kohli, but he is nowhere close when it comes to playing short-pitched bowling.

    Kohli is the best Test batsman in Asia by some distance. Pujara and Rahane do not have the game to put the opposition on the back-foot. That is why Kohli is the most prized wicket in India.
    lets see what both of them do in away tour but i have high expectations from the Pujara ,if the conditions were a bit flat then kohli and rahul will dominate but grinders like Pujara has value in such conditions.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,852
    Mentioned
    3920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    This is basically the point I'm trying to make. He has a weakness against the moving ball but posters on here are doing banghra over 1 failure. I think today's dismissal was more due to the fact he hasn't got off the mark and the swing factor played a slight part. Look at 2016 versus Amir in Asia cup, when Kohlis at his best and scoring the pitch is taken out of the equation.
    In such conditions, all batsmen fail often, including the best Test batsman in the world Smith. He failed in three Tests in England when the conditions were tough for batting, and our very own legend Younis averaged 4 in NZ earlier this year on green-tops. However, only Kohli is supposed to score a hundred every innings on a green wicket.

    Root is the best batsman in the world against swing bowling these days, especially now that Amla is in decline.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,463
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    In such conditions, all batsmen fail often, including the best Test batsman in the world Smith. He failed in three Tests in England when the conditions were tough for batting, and our very own legend Younis averaged 4 in NZ earlier this year on green-tops. However, only Kohli is supposed to score a hundred every innings on a green wicket.

    Root is the best batsman in the world against swing bowling these days, especially now that Amla is in decline.

    Yes that's a fair point but Kohli will have to score a couple of times versus lateral movement. He's done well versus pace and bounce so I don't see him consistently failing versus lateral movement.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,852
    Mentioned
    3920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Pujara didn't do well that in Australia and South Africa last time?
    He was good in South Africa, but he failed in England alongside Kohli and was nowhere near him in Australia.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    In such conditions, all batsmen fail often, including the best Test batsman in the world Smith. He failed in three Tests in England when the conditions were tough for batting, and our very own legend Younis averaged 4 in NZ earlier this year on green-tops. However, only Kohli is supposed to score a hundred every innings on a green wicket.

    Root is the best batsman in the world against swing bowling these days, especially now that Amla is in decline.
    Bro i am a big admirer of the great batsman but he has to prove himself if he wanna be a test ATG,he is all ready odi ATG so no issues there but here ATC is not just made on average otherwise younus would have been ATG but u have to prove urself in testing conditions and Kohli has to do it most of the times if not aalways.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,463
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He was good in South Africa, but he failed in England alongside Kohli and was nowhere near him in Australia.
    But people still think he's better than Kohli in tests? I think Pujara needs to improve overseas.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,463
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    In 5 years, he'll be considered to be better in tests than ODIs.
    Why do you think that?

  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,034
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India is missing a Vijay like batsman. Vijay and Pujara have played many difficult spells making life for likes of Kohli, Rahane, Ashwin and Saha easy and as a result providing great value for the team which is not shown in their numbers..

    Where is the guy now? Another underrated cricketer.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  76. #76
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,852
    Mentioned
    3920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    But people still think he's better than Kohli in tests? I think Pujara needs to improve overseas.
    Pujara played an outstanding innings on a difficult pitch in Sri Lanka, and he generally bats longer than Kohli. That is why people have the impression that he is a better batsman than Kohli, but that is simply not true. No team in the world would opt for Pujara over Kohli.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,463
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    India is missing a Vijay like batsman. Vijay and Pujara have played many difficult spells making life for likes of Kohli, Rahane, Ashwin and Saha easy and as a result providing great value for the team which is not shown in their numbers..

    Where is the guy now? Another underrated cricketer.

    India had a choice of Dhwaan,KL,and Vijay. They opted to leave Vijay out. I think the reason for this is because if Dhwaan can see of the new ball he can take the game away from the opposition. Also he is a left hander and performed versus Sri Lanka in the last test series.

    I would have gone with Vijay and KL for this game

  78. #78
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,802
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kohli has the same problem Pietersen had. Bat doesn't come down straight unless conscious effort is made.

    Got sucked into playing a leg glance but didn't fully commit and resorted back to a half-defensive shot hence the lack of forward press and the backfoot not fully grounded at contact. He covered the line pretty well. A fully committed defensive shot and he'd still be there. He looks pretty good technically, just a mental error.

    There might've been some deviation but not enough to beat the bat. He was beaten for length mostly.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    70,852
    Mentioned
    3920 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Vijay is slowly being phased out. He will be 34 in a few months and Dhawan has a couple of years on him. In KL Rahul, they already have a premier opener who can hold his own in tough conditions and also cash in big time later on, something that Vijay didn't always do because of his limitations.

    Dhawan provides them with an attacking option who can put the opposition on the back-foot. I think we are going to see a lot of KL Rahul and Dhawan moving forward.

    Vijay put in a good shift for a few years, but I think India is now planning ahead.

  80. #80
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,269
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    India is missing a Vijay like batsman. Vijay and Pujara have played many difficult spells making life for likes of Kohli, Rahane, Ashwin and Saha easy and as a result providing great value for the team which is not shown in their numbers..

    Where is the guy now? Another underrated cricketer.
    They're just trying someone out with Dhawan. Vijay is still India's first choice opener.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •