Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    What it needs is a lash green but fast out-field and a true wicket, rest are perfectly acceptable, as long as the stands don't crash. It's a D/N game, therefore roof is not required to be completed either. It'll be a travesty to play a game between cricket & hockey like the last Final at a very "impressive" Gaddafi stadium.
    Where Quetta faced the music.Yes agreed with your points,I hope karachi wicket willl be better than the trash one we saw last year.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    There is no victim mentality in Karachi. All people in that city ask for is to be treated at par. If others cannot understand that simple issue then so be it. But I am from Karachi and will not stand to be talked down whenever we ask for fair treatment.
    I agree. I am from KPK living in Pindi but still we get the feeling that Lahore gets the special treatment compared to other cities. Well no points in guessing why? This is one of my strong reservations against the CM. Our city representatives have to fight for funds for any developmental work in the city

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan cricket stadiums are meh.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully the pitch is better than last years final.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    The grass looks much better than the one at GSL.
    yeah very surprised by this beautiful grass; I thought Pakistan was incapable of having good grass in a stadium

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Man that stadium looks like it came straight from the 1950s right after the british built it...?

What is happening with the new bahria stadium that was suppose to be constructed in Karachi? we definitely need to improve our stadiums if we want to attract foreigners, even the Lahore Gaddafi stadium looks old and gloomy with those steel bars that look like cages.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjahmed23 View Post
    Man that stadium looks like it came straight from the 1950s right after the british built it...?

What is happening with the new bahria stadium that was suppose to be constructed in Karachi? we definitely need to improve our stadiums if we want to attract foreigners, even the Lahore Gaddafi stadium looks old and gloomy with those steel bars that look like cages.
    The stadiums in Pakistan are pathetic.

Rafi stadium is under construction but its very early days as foundations are still being laid.

Looks like PCB are not going to properly upgrade or build a new stadium anytime soon.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    The stadiums in Pakistan are pathetic.

Rafi stadium is under construction but its very early days as foundations are still being laid.

Looks like PCB are not going to properly upgrade or build a new stadium anytime soon.
    Building a stadium and that also international standard is not cheap. Heck even maintaining the stadiums that already in existence is not cheap either.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    lol pakistanians fighting over which city has the better stadium

Y'all have never seen american stadiums, none of the stadiums in pakistan are comparable.
    Since when did USA have a national cricket statidum?

I REALLY hope you're not trying to imply that Baseball is over cricket.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendAli View Post
    Since when did USA have a national cricket statidum?

I REALLY hope you're not trying to imply that Baseball is over cricket.
    I think what @Pakistanian was trying to say is the overall facilities and experience of going to a stadium. Not just cricket stadiums, of which we only have one. That to barely.

I think we have the best stadiums in the world. The experience of going to a NFL, MLB game is unparalleled. Top notch facilities, great food, excellent on field playing conditions, wonderful design in terms of seat placement for viewing, all combine for a great experience.

Every year there are new ones opening that better the others. Two examples in 2017 that I can give are the two new NFL stadiums in Minnesota and Atlanta. I went to both this past season. You can look these up on Youtube and judge for yourself.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    National Stadium Being Well Prepared For PSL Final Match

KARACHI, (UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News - 26th Feb, 2018 ):Sindh Governor, Muhammad Zubair here on Monday visited the National Stadium and reviewed arrangements being made for Pakistan Super League (PSL) final match scheduled to be played there next month.

Officials assigned with the responsibility to undertake necessary development work with major focus on rehabilitation and renovation of the facility, apprised the Governor about the pace of work.

Brigadier Shoaib Ahmad of National Logistics Cell (NLC) along with former test players Salahuddin (Saloo) and Iqbal Qasim besides Pakistan Cricket Board's (PCB) Representative, Arshad Khan said the renovation is in its final stage and this has been done in accordance to international standards.

"Best of facilities are being ensured for the players as well as spectators," said NLC official mentioning that ground and pitch is being prepared in compliance to international specifications, The Governor while talking to media men said, PSL final to be played in Karachi on March 29 is great news for cricket enthusiasts of the metropolis in particular and all Karachiites in general.

"This is definitely no mean feat as we have waited for nine long years for the revival of international cricket in Karachi, a major nursery of the game," commented the Governor. He said the provincial government in close coordination with all concerned departments has taken every needed step for security of the international players.

"This is an occasion to be rejoiced by all as it would significantly contribute towards rebuilding image of the once violence prone Karachi," the Governor said in reply to a question. Reiterating that economic and commercial significance of the port city could never be ignored, he said restoration of law and order is fast reviving its reputation as city of lights.

He said close coordination among PCB, NLC and Karachi Cricket Association is a positive development and would benefit the game itself and also the young players.

https://www.urdupoint.com/en/sports/...sl-268285.html

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    i look at pictures and videos of this stadium and I say a silent prayer for Ijaz Butt.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He's a good marketer is Sethi.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    KARACHI – As uncertainty clouds renovation work at National Stadium Karachi, the venue for final of Pakistan Super League (PSL), Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief announced to visit the metropolitan to check preparations.

Najam Sethi in a tweet said, “PCB is working overtime to get NSK ready for PSL3 Final on 25th March. I am going to Karachi to check preparations and make sure of it. Karachi: Ready, Steady…”.

The PSL’s title decider will take place in Sindh’s provincial capital on March 25.

PCB chief Najam Sethi announced last year that final of PSL’s third edition will take place in Karachi. He added that a complete overhaul of the city’s derelict stadium will be carried out in order to host the mega event.

The renovation, which is underway, is expected to cost Rs1.5billion to the PCB. Some media reports suggest it is uncertain whether work will be completed before the deadline.

However, as per Daily Express, the PCB has decided that the National Stadium of Karachi will host the final even if the renovation works are not completed in time.

With less than three weeks remaining in the final, preparation for pitch and outfield is underway, while dressing rooms are also being renovated.

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/spor...rk-at-stadium/

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    How pathetic would it be if the NSK wasn't ready for the PSL final after all the hype and noise.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    How pathetic would it be if the NSK wasn't ready for the PSL final after all the hype and noise.
    Can the final be moved to Lahore in that case?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets stay positive.
    Im sure PCB knows the stakes...

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Lets stay positive.
    Im sure PCB knows the stakes...
    I think final should be moved from Karachi to Lahore.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhai just make sure the pitch is a flat one.

Karachi's audience hasn't witnessed a match for 9 years and the only things they desire are: a place to sit and a high scoring match.

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Sethi had admitted that the roof might not be ready in time but everything else i.e. spectators seats, VIP boxes, public washrooms, dressing rooms would be ready and that would be sufficient.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Name:  IMG-20180305-WA0040.jpg
Views: 2262
Size:  91.6 KBName:  IMG-20180305-WA0036.jpg
Views: 2279
Size:  167.8 KBName:  IMG-20180305-WA0042.jpg
Views: 2272
Size:  206.7 KBName:  IMG-20180305-WA0043.jpg
Views: 2264
Size:  116.2 KBName:  IMG-20180305-WA0035.jpg
Views: 2286
Size:  163.3 KBName:  IMG-20180305-WA0034.jpg
Views: 2271
Size:  146.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the stadium will be ready for the final.Can't wait to go there and watch the match.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any latest pics of the stadium?

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The outfield looks better than it has done in years, somebody has done something right.

Will be great to have the KO games in Pakistan, hopefully all goes to plan and in a couple seasons we get the whole psl in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB was really sleeping and not taking care of stadium; Final will look bad since the work will not complete on time

https://www.express.com.pk/epaper/Po...&Date=20180305

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Mirpur A.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    has anyone seen the design yet?

لاا اله الا الله استغفر الله سبحان الله وبحمده سبحان الله العظييم

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Mirpur A.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Name:  27750081_755160078010462_8355553672781278611_n.jpg
Views: 2301
Size:  73.9 KBName:  27336676_755160064677130_8597737883874008186_n.jpg
Views: 2109
Size:  51.6 KBName:  27336193_755160074677129_1142655751222032483_n.jpg
Views: 2158
Size:  62.2 KB

the design look cool comparing it to the old concrete junk

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tahir_dj View Post
    Name:  27750081_755160078010462_8355553672781278611_n.jpg
Views: 2301
Size:  73.9 KBName:  27336676_755160064677130_8597737883874008186_n.jpg
Views: 2109
Size:  51.6 KBName:  27336193_755160074677129_1142655751222032483_n.jpg
Views: 2158
Size:  62.2 KB

the design look cool comparing it to the old concrete junk
    nuh yar! beautiful

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by letme alone View Post
    nuh yar! beautiful
    It will take 10 years for the upcoming administrations to pull this off!

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Mirpur A.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    It will take 10 years for the upcoming administrations to pull this off!
    not really
    they have started the steel design on the roof but it will be covered after psl final
    and the work on the outside bit is in ful swing with the road being carpeted and car parks also getting touch up

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Mirpur A.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

please @MOD embed this video thanks
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 5th March 2018 at 18:02.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not really
    they have started the steel design on the roof but it will be covered after psl final
    and the work on the outside bit is in ful swing with the road being carpeted and car parks also getting touch up
    Don’t you know the politics of PCB and Pakistan in general? The next PCB administration will sabotage the whole project and make it look like it was Najam Sethi’s fault and Nawaz Sharif’s last ditch effort at PR. Don’t you remember the fiasco of the Islamabad Stadium? It was never built, at least not to my knowledge, and people still blame Zaka Ashraf for that.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Looks like work is in full swing

I just wish they would remove those big fences with barbwire on them. Makes it look like a prison. Can't they replace them with something else?

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's probably put there to not let people get inside the ground during the game which totally makes sense

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoeyfactor View Post
    That's probably put there to not let people get inside the ground during the game which totally makes sense
    But does it have to have barbed wire around it? I mean they could come up with something more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. Doesn't send a good image to the world either.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea barbed wire is a bit extreme.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    But does it have to have barbed wire around it? I mean they could come up with something more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. Doesn't send a good image to the world either.
    360* Clear glasss which is also bullet proof would work very well. Just like the ones in ice hockey except it’s also bullet proof.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So for even renovating a stadium Pak needs its army? is army permanently stationed in Karachi?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Toronto-Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    So for even renovating a stadium Pak needs its army? is army permanently stationed in Karachi?
    I think its because the army engineering along with NESPAK was given the contract to renovate the stadium

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    I live in the area of the stadium and there is a naval base and an air force base near.And residential area for family of army personnel is also near.That is maybe why you see a large presence of army staff(as well as for security obviously)

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have any idea when the tickets for the final will start being sold?I want to get them ASAP to avoid any hassle I"ll face if I leave them for later.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Does anyone have any idea when the tickets for the final will start being sold?I want to get them ASAP to avoid any hassle I"ll face if I leave them for later.
    I think Sethi said they will go on sale on the 15th.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSL Final match: Murad approves Rs210m for beautification of the city

KARACHI (March 14): Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has approved Rs210 million for security and beautification of the city from March 23 to March 26 to cover Pakistan day to PSL final match.

Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has directed KMC, Karachi administration to make the city neat and clean and beautify it with illumination and greenery. “It should give a amazing and fabulous look,” he said.

He has approved Rs210 million grant-in-aid which includes Rs75 million for transport arrangements, rehabilitation and restoration of parking areas and security arrangements. These funds would be utilized by DIG South, Commissioner Karachi. The remaining amount of Rs135 million would be utilized for civic works, hiring of generators, horticulture, illumination and beautification of routes and parking areas. These funds would be utilized by KMC with the approval of Mayor Karachi.

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    I heard that Karachi is very dirty city right now with garbage everywhere; at least the government should clean up the area surrounding the stadium so the players dont smell garbage while playing
    Who told u that

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    I heard that Karachi is very dirty city right now with garbage everywhere; at least the government should clean up the area surrounding the stadium so the players dont smell garbage while playing
    Well,you heard wrong then.The National stadium is in one of the cleaner areas of the city.The roads near the stadium were also relaid recently.And yes,there is a lot of garbage across the city but the situation is better than it was 4-5 years ago.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 14th March 2018 at 14:54.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Luckily I managed to book one...at 5AM,after having been on the website since 11:45 PM

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

That is great to hear!

Hopefully the lahore matches will have full stadiums too. Need to shed the #ESL hashtag.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took them 1 year to knock off the rusty steel roof and upgrade the stadium toilets .... what the hell

other then the pavilion they have done nothing to the stadium.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    inside the new Dressing room

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Really happy for Karachi. Looking forward to the Finals.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Not sure if the roof will be ready in time - atleast from this pic from yesterday

Name:  s1.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  130.2 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Thousands of Karachiites returned empty-handed from dozens of designated centres of a courier company on Thursday as the sale of tickets for the Pakistan Super League (PSL) final witnessed gross mismanagement.

The online sale also suffered a blow when the website of the courier company crashed and took hours to restore.

Minutes after restoration, the website announced that the cheapest tickets of Rs1,000 denomination had been sold out.

Thousands of people, including women and children, were seen lined up at the 32 outlets of the courier company designated for the purpose and received nothing but apology from the staff within the first half of the day.

The residents of the city took to the social media to vent their anger and raised serious questions over the transparency in the sale of tickets and in some cases levelled serious allegations on the basis of their experiences at the courier centres.

“We waited for more than four hours in a long queue at a designated courier office on University Road near Hasan Square,” said a student, Hasan Haider.

“Minutes before our turn, two police vans arrived and their policemen entered the courier company office. As soon as the policemen returned, the courier staff announced that Rs1,000 tickets were finished and only some tickets of Rs8,000 and Rs12,000 denominations were left for the sale,” he added.

Another cricket fan Asifa Mobin said she went to the Sharea Faisal outlet but was denied a ticket without any reason.

“When hundreds of people at the centre protested, the courier centre employees told us that all the tickets of small denominations were [sold out],” she added.

Despite protests at courier centres and so much anger on the social media, there was no word from the Pakistan Cricket Board over the issue.

Meanwhile, Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah accompanied by Home Minister Sohail Anwar Siyal and Local Government Minister Jam Khan Shoro visited the National Stadium to review arrangements for the final.

“The law and order situation is under control and we are making foolproof arrangements for the final,” he said while talking to reporters after the visit.

“The Sindh government has prepared a beautiful ground within the premises of the stadium for practice and other matches. All the roads and streets leading to the stadium are being repaired and beautified just like the stadium by our government.

“I personally chaired a number of meetings to review the arrangements in and outside of the stadium. This is our event and we will make it successful.”

https://www.dawn.com/news/1395492/gr...of-psl-tickets

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    The tickets for the Pakistan Super League’s final have become a hot commodity and are being sold in black market as many cricket fans have expressed sheer disappointment with how the whole ticket-selling procedure has panned out.

The online portal where tickets went on sale crashed because it experienced an unusual hike in traffic on its servers. The cricket-starved Karachiites had rushed to purchase the tickets for the PSL final as soon as it was announced that they went up for sale. Some of them had to wait in queues outside the designated courier service's offices for hours before getting hold of just one.

One such fan is Abdul Hakeem, a 66-year-old labourer who went to one of the many TCS Centres across the city in search of the coveted tickets.

“I told my wife that I will not return home until I get a ticket for my son who is especially coming from Rahim Yar Khan to watch the final,” said Hakeem. “It doesn’t matter who plays the final, as long as cricket is coming home, I am willing to pay any price for the ticket for my son."

While the passion of people like Hakeem is admirable, it makes one wonder whether or not such practices should be encouraged.

A Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) spokesperson told Dawn: “People should totally avoid buying tickets in black. It is not the right thing to do.”

When asked if the PCB had any plans to counter the black ticket-selling practice, the spokesperson explained, “Those who are buying tickets in black won’t be allowed to enter the stadium since all ticket-holders need to carry a copy of the CNIC of the person who bought the ticket.”

Emad Zafar, a PR manager by profession and a cricket fan, also expressed his disappointment at how the resale of tickets at four or five times the original rate is hurting the game.

“I think it's extremely sad and disappointing. Cricket of this level is coming to Karachi after years and genuine fans are not able to buy tickets because they got sold out on the website in a few hours and are now being sold in black for ridiculous prices,” said Zafar, adding that he's been offered a Rs1,000 General Enclosure ticket for Rs5,000.

Sports presenter Osama Ashaqeen corroborated the sale of PSL final tickets at double their original prices in the black market. “People are shelling out Rs8,000 for the Rs4,000 ticket. It is not fair for genuine cricket fans. They might miss out on live cricket action because of these artificially inflated prices,” he said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1395661

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody has really said anything about the Lahore semi finals, are they ready, how is the stadium looking? How many tickets have sold?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That dressing room looks good

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That dressing room looks good
    Looks medicore tbh. Need more luxuries for the players. Should have a hot tub, access to food (cafe, bar). And the seats need to be more comfortable.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 17th March 2018 at 13:01.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM calls for completion of PSL final arrangements by 22nd

KARACHI: While reviewing the overall arrangements of the Pakistan Super League final match scheduled for March 25 in Karachi, Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah directed the administration to finalise all arrangements by March 22nd.

The director general of Rangers and the IG police informed the chief minister that foolproof security arrangements had been finalised and rehearsals of their assignments had also been carried out.

Presiding over a meeting on Friday at CM House, the chief minister directed the local government and administration to ensure setting up of food stalls for spectators.

“This must be done in consultation with Pakistan Cricket Board,” he said and directed the officials concerned to procure buses for shuttle service and finalise levelling and marking of parking lanes at the designated parking areas.

He rejected the proposal to ban the carrying of mobile phones inside the stadium saying “let the people enjoy — don’t bind them in one or the other obstruction”.

Mayor Karachi Wasim Akhtar on the occasion said that lifting of debris from the entire area of stadium and cleanliness work from all routes leading to the stadium was almost at the final stage.

Local Government Minister Jam Khan Shoro told the meeting participants some repair work inside the stadium was at the final stage. A presentation on illumination of the city was also given to the chief minister.

Home Minister Sohail Anwar Siyal, Information Minister Syed Nasir Shah, chief secretary Rizwan Memon, DG Rangers, IG police, additional IG Karachi, secretaries of different departments and provincial heads of intelligence agencies attended the meeting.

Wheat for Tharis

The chief minister on Friday approved distribution of free wheat among 287,000 poverty-stricken families of Thar and directed the chief secretary that the wheat distribution should start immediately and be completed by the end of April. Each family will be provided 100kg wheat.

The chief minister was informed that a drought-like situation persisted in Thar. The chief minister approved the distribution of free wheat.

Surprise visit

Later, the chief minister paid surprise visit without protocol to under-construction underpass and roads and directed the local government minister to expedite the works and complete them by the end of May.

The CM visited the Submarine underpass where one side of the underpass had been opened to traffic.

The chief minister also visited Sunset Boulevard-Gizri Boulevard flyover where most of the pillars of the flyover had been built. The CM was told that the scheme would be completed by May.

Mr Shah also drove through Saddar from Fawwara Chowk to the Zoological Gardens and inspected under-construction road. He also visited the newly reconstructed Jahangir Park in Saddar.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1395756

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wow man, that dressing room is pretty nice. Hope to see a day soon where all of Pakistans cricket is played in Pakistan.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Approximately 3,500 unsold tickets for the Pakistan Super League play-offs in Lahore have been returned to the Pakistan Cricket Board, sources with a ticket distributor told DawnNewsTV on Monday.

All tickets worth Rs 1,000 and 2,000 were sold out within the first three days, but despite the passage of 20 days since they first went on sale, match tickets worth Rs4,000 and Rs6,000 remain unsold.

Subsequently, the private courier company responsible for the sale of tickets returned all the remaining tickets to the PCB.

Lahore's Gaddafi Stadium, where the two play-offs will take place on March 20 and 21, can host 27,000 cricket fans.

The final will be held at Karachi's National Stadium on March 25.

Islamabad United has already qualified to play the final in Karachi, whereas the upcoming play-offs will decide the second finalist.

At least five foreign commentators, including Alan Wilkins, Ramiz Raja, Bazid Khan, Dareen Ganga and Michael Slater, will come to Pakistan for the play-offs and the final, PCB sources told DawnNewsTV.

Damien Fleming and Danny Morrison, however, will not be commentating during the semi-finals and the final matches due to family commitments.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1396253/35...eturned-to-pcb

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both venues won't be full houses for sure.

They've just said that to manufacture a sentiment that look we have sold all the tickets within hours of going on sale.

Why not give APS kids free tickets and call them over for the games in both cities. Something that shouldn't be too hard for the board and government to do.

Get school kids to come for free there are so many ways of attracting crowds especially kids who can be cricket lovers.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1573 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Both venues won't be full houses for sure.

how do you know?

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imo 3500 tickets for 2 games isn't a big deal
    Two games will have a crowd of 40000 people in Lahore, so if 3500 are still unsold out of 40000, i think it isn't a big issue and i am sure they(pcb) have these tickets reserved for their own family and friends and this is just a drama, otherwise people are mad for tickets and that can be seen all over media.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1573 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imo 3500 tickets for 2 games isn't a big deal
    Two games will have a crowd of 40000 people in Lahore, so if 3500 are still unsold out of 40000, i think it isn't a big issue and i am sure they(pcb) have these tickets reserved for their own family and friends and this is just a drama, otherwise people are mad for tickets and that can be seen all over media.
    The Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore has a stated capacity of 27,000 which means out of 54,000 available tickets for the two matches, 3500 went unsold. WOW such a big number. Empty stadium league.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    The Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore has a stated capacity of 27,000 which means out of 54,000 available tickets for the two matches, 3500 went unsold. WOW such a big number. Empty stadium league.
    To be fair to him, he said it was an "ESL" only in the UAE.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing these pictures brings back memories of the two best games I saw in the stadium. The first ODI of the Jeet Lo Dil series where we almost chased 350 and the Kamran Akmal show a year later.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do you know?
    Experience kiddo experience!

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3500 unsold tickets is still not great for a cricket nation like Pakistan!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    At least five foreign commentators, including Alan Wilkins, Ramiz Raja, Bazid Khan, Dareen Ganga and Michael Slater, will come to Pakistan for the play-offs and the final, PCB sources told DawnNewsTV.

Damien Fleming and Danny Morrison, however, will not be commentating during the semi-finals and the final matches due to family commitments.

Ramiz and Bazid are foreign?

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3,500 unsold PSL tickets for Lahore play-offs returned to PCB

Approximately 3,500 unsold tickets for the Pakistan Super League play-offs in Lahore have been returned to the Pakistan Cricket Board, sources with a ticket distributor told DawnNewsTV on Monday.

All tickets worth Rs 1,000 and 2,000 were sold out within the first three days, but despite the passage of 20 days since they first went on sale, match tickets worth Rs4,000 and Rs6,000 remain unsold.

Subsequently, the private courier company responsible for the sale of tickets returned all the remaining tickets to the PCB.

Lahore's Gaddafi Stadium, where the two play-offs will take place on March 20 and 21, can host 27,000 cricket fans.

The final will be held at Karachi's National Stadium on March 25.

Islamabad United has already qualified to play the final in Karachi, whereas the upcoming play-offs will decide the second finalist.

Last edited by giri26; 20th March 2018 at 02:38.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It would be quite sad if all the games in Pakistan weren't a sellout.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reasonably priced tickets, yet no buyers? Really surprised.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think 4000 and 6000 are reasonable prices for general public . They are the engine to drive PSL to greater heights and they should be served better.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    People were saying if PSL is held in Pakistan then all the matches will be sold out and yet they aren't able to sell all the tickets even for the semis.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    I don't think 4000 and 6000 are reasonable prices for general public . They are the engine to drive PSL to greater heights and they should be served better.
    This is PKR for premium stands and constitutes only about 10% of the tickets. Still can't fathom how this can go unsold. More than the price, I believe it is lack of star-power in the tournament. People simply aren't interested.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    ^ Or maybe too much hassle to get through the ultra-tight security is putting people off.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    For many people Rs 4000 and Rs 6000 is a lot of money. Especially if you have a family (even if its only 3 people its only the upper classes that could think of spending 18000 on a cricket game). The cheaper tickets are all sold out.