Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 281
  1. #1
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    2,998
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    [PICTURES] National Stadium Karachi undergoing renovation...

    Name:  23519217_1397931753653051_7972711982947088371_n.jpg
Views: 9649
Size:  95.7 KB

    Name:  23559887_1397931860319707_4700003867270635715_n.jpg
Views: 7571
Size:  119.0 KB

    Name:  23621546_1397931756986384_6389629183468966095_n.jpg
Views: 7135
Size:  120.3 KB

    Name:  23622296_1397931850319708_1701836113647478044_n.jpg
Views: 8085
Size:  126.3 KB

    Name:  23559776_1397931790319714_2520950004890567158_n.jpg
Views: 7489
Size:  108.0 KB

    Name:  23559748_1397931750319718_1342388034022434055_n.jpg
Views: 7814
Size:  67.0 KB

    Name:  23559748_1397931750319718_1342388034022434055_n.jpg
Views: 7814
Size:  67.0 KB

    Name:  23658595_1397931806986379_8143631453131821290_n.jpg
Views: 7010
Size:  65.3 KB

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    2,998
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  23722342_1397931793653047_255619110936010050_n.jpg
Views: 6907
Size:  83.2 KB

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,935
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  23559748_1397931750319718_1342388034022434055_n.jpg
Views: 7814
Size:  67.0 KB

    Name:  23559748_1397931750319718_1342388034022434055_n.jpg
Views: 7814
Size:  67.0 KB

    Where's the pitch? @Naim

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    2,998
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Name:  23559748_1397931750319718_1342388034022434055_n.jpg
Views: 7814
Size:  67.0 KB

    Name:  23559748_1397931750319718_1342388034022434055_n.jpg
Views: 7814
Size:  67.0 KB

    Where's the pitch? @Naim
    PSL is in Feb . so they can Make pitch in 3 month

  5. #5
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    25,100
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nice, the roof needed to be changed! Looking forward already.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    25,100
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    But the security of workers should also be prioritized.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    95,740
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Absolutely shameful that our construction workers dont have safety harnesses or proper boots !


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is it shameful sorry?

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Mirpur A.K
    Runs
    2,225
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    much needed facelift
    we need to move away from concrete structures.


    لاا اله الا الله استغفر الله سبحان الله وبحمده سبحان الله العظييم

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    95,740
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImyCheeko View Post
    How is it shameful sorry?
    Basic site safety measures used around the world.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,708
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If my health and safety officer so this she would have a stroke.. on the roof without a harness and wearing loose clothing and chappal LOL


    It seems life is very cheap in Pakistan.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    4,018
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The grass looks much better than the one at GSL.


    [QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    TX
    Runs
    576
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's how construction workers are engaged in Pakistan. I don't recall people wearing and taking any safety measures unfortunately but yes it should be safe for these hard workers. Outfiled looks lush green and looking forward to the facelift!

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    6,712
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 it will be fun watching match in ur city if it is even on tv.sick of the qadafi stadium which looks so dark in the stands.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,708
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    @Syed1 it will be fun watching match in ur city if it is even on tv.sick of the qadafi stadium which looks so dark in the stands.
    We will sure to give a spectacle. I want PSL matches in all major cities of Pakistan not just Karachi Lahore.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    6,712
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    We will sure to give a spectacle. I want PSL matches in all major cities of Pakistan not just Karachi Lahore.
    in peshawar it looks impossible in next 5 years.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    20,940
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those workers have guts


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    69,998
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Why don't they keep stadiums up to date and in good condition on a regular basis rather than just when high-profile matches are going to be played there.



  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    4,295
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Saj bhai We Pakistanis love to do it our way. Preparing ahead of time isn't our nation's way of doing.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    38
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Why don't they keep stadiums up to date and in good condition on a regular basis rather than just when high-profile matches are going to be played there.
    This is Pakistan.

  21. #21
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,427
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    The grass looks much better than the one at GSL.
    It does. Pretty damn good for Pakistani standards.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,265
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Absolutely shameful that our construction workers dont have safety harnesses or proper boots !
    Geez that looks incredibly dangerous!


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    5,179
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice, judging from the pictures the whole stadium needs an overhaul! I hope it is looking beautiful by the time PSL Final rolls around.


    IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    5,179
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am guessing all stadiums need renovation so how come they do not just fix them right now, so they will not have to rush it once again. If there are no plans to play there in the future. I mean do our Domestic Cricketers not matter at all, you can not give them half decent stadiums?


    IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  25. #25
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    10,809
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Absolutely shameful that our construction workers dont have safety harnesses or proper boots !
    Its Hell in a cell MIG bhai

  26. #26
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    2,765
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much are they going to accomplish in 3 months? The stadium needs new seats as well. Might as well abandon this all together and go for a new stadium.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,905
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks pretty bad from the outside.Roof needs to be painted as well as the stands.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    28,394
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It is costing the PCB billions to upgrade the stadiums, those expenditures are now being made given that the PSL final will be played in Karachi. It was pointless to spend billions on the stadium if there was no international cricket in Karachi and if the stadium was empty during the domestic games.

  29. #29
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,072
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just tear down the entire place and build a new one in the same place. Though it will cost more, it will be money better spent. The place obviously looks dated. I think a similar thing was done in India not too long ago. I think Mumbai stadium if my memory serves me right.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    95,740
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    It is costing the PCB billions to upgrade the stadiums, those expenditures are now being made given that the PSL final will be played in Karachi. It was pointless to spend billions on the stadium if there was no international cricket in Karachi and if the stadium was empty during the domestic games.
    Maybe its time to read what South Africa did when they had no international cricket at home.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,670
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    Why not just tear down the entire place and build a new one in the same place. Though it will cost more, it will be money better spent. The place obviously looks dated. I think a similar thing was done in India not too long ago. I think Mumbai stadium if my memory serves me right.
    Do you want them to rebuild a stadium for just ONE match?

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,597
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    National Stadium doesn't have the history and romance of the Gaddafi, but it has always been much better in terms of quality. The outfield is comfortably the best in the country.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    17,807
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If cricket ever returns to Pakistan, you'd think they need to invest some money renovating all of their major stadiums - Lahore, Multan, Rawalpindi, Karachi, Peshawar, etc.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,905
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    Do you want them to rebuild a stadium for just ONE match?
    What he said is impractical to do in such a short time period,but if it is renovated more matches could be held there.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    95,740
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    National Stadium doesn't have the history and romance of the Gaddafi, but it has always been much better in terms of quality. The outfield is comfortably the best in the country.
    In whose eyes? That is one of the most ridiculous and contentious statements I have read in many days.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  36. #36
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,597
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    In whose eyes? That is one of the most ridiculous and contentious statements I have read in many days.
    I speak for myself. I don't think it is necessary to add 'in my opinion' etc. before every post because it is quite obvious. In my view, the quality of outfield in the National Stadium has been consistently superior compared to other stadiums in Pakistan.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    25,100
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I speak for myself. I don't think it is necessary to add 'in my opinion' etc. before every post because it is quite obvious. In my view, the quality of outfield in the National Stadium has been consistently superior compared to other stadiums in Pakistan.
    If I am not mistanken he was talking about your first sentence about history and romance no?


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    95,740
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    National Stadium doesn't have the history and romance of the Gaddafi, but it has always been much better in terms of quality. The outfield is comfortably the best in the country.
    Explain this ridiculous statement.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    National Stadium doesn't have the history and romance of the Gaddafi, but it has always been much better in terms of quality. The outfield is comfortably the best in the country.
    There’s been some fantastic and memorable games at National Stadium as well...

  40. #40
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    If cricket ever returns to Pakistan
    It’s coming

  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,597
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    If I am not mistanken he was talking about your first sentence about history and romance no?
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Explain this ridiculous statement.
    National Stadium has been our fortress but Gaddafi Stadium has had the reputation of our flagship stadium. It has been the largest stadium in the country for much of its history and it hosted the World Cup Final in 1996. In addition, it is also the home of PCB. Not to mention the Mughal-style architecture represents the culture and them of Lahore.

    The National Stadium is better, but Gaddafi is the premier stadium in Pakistan.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,597
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    There’s been some fantastic and memorable games at National Stadium as well...
    There have been, and it is our most successful ground, but Gaddafi is the most significant stadium in the country.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    95,740
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    National Stadium has been our fortress but Gaddafi Stadium has had the reputation of our flagship stadium. It has been the largest stadium in the country for much of its history and it hosted the World Cup Final in 1996. In addition, it is also the home of PCB. Not to mention the Mughal-style architecture represents the culture and them of Lahore.

    The National Stadium is better, but Gaddafi is the premier stadium in Pakistan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    There have been, and it is our most successful ground, but Gaddafi is the most significant stadium in the country.
    Really lost for words. Mughal-style architecture of GSL makes it more romantic? Do you think people go to that stadium to study our history? So fact that PCB decided to make it their home make it romantic?

    GSL also has the reputation of the stadium for being involved in some of the worst memories of our time - ie attack on SL team

    Karachi is the city of the Quaid. The stadiums and institutions associated with that city hold special significance for the people of Pakistan and I find that offensive that you can speak about GSL having more significance than NSK which has been left in a state of disrepair by those who run the game in Pakistan.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  44. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,597
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Really lost for words. Mughal-style architecture of GSL makes it more romantic? Do you think people go to that stadium to study our history? So fact that PCB decided to make it their home make it romantic?

    GSL also has the reputation of the stadium for being involved in some of the worst memories of our time - ie attack on SL team

    Karachi is the city of the Quaid. The stadiums and institutions associated with that city hold special significance for the people of Pakistan and I find that offensive that you can speak about GSL having more significance than NSK which has been left in a state of disrepair by those who run the game in Pakistan.
    You decided to pick on the architectural style instead of the fact that it has been the largest stadium in Pakistan for much of its history, it is the home of the PCB and it is also hosted a World Cup Final. Those are enough pointers to suggest that it is the flagship stadium in the country.

    The Gaddafi Stadium doesn't have anything to do with the attack. The SL was attacked en route to the stadium, not in the stadium itself.

    The National Stadium is great in its own right with an excellent outfield. In addition, it also has been our most successful ground in terms of results. Not sure why calling it our second most significant stadium is offensive. I hope and imagine that you would have objected the notion that the National Stadium is the premier stadium in the country, since it would have caused offense to people in Lahore.

  45. #45
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,072
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    Do you want them to rebuild a stadium for just ONE match?
    Is this the only match that is going to be played here?

  46. #46
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,072
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    What he said is impractical to do in such a short time period,but if it is renovated more matches could be held there.
    Obviously it is impossible ro be completed in time for the PSL final. I meant more long term. Just build a new stadium so it can be used for future. Play this year's final in Lahore or UAE.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    1,897
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They need to change or at least upgrade the manual and digital scoreboards. Seats also needs changing and the rooftop shouldn’t simply be of the same design. They can try and give it a new look especially if they are investing billions of rupees on it.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,708
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So GSL is made out of bricks so it has Mughal architecture and is more romantic

  49. #49
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,597
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    So GSL is made out of bricks so it has Mughal architecture and is more romantic
    Is that all that you could extrapolate from my post? Does being the largest stadium in Pakistan for much of its history, home to the PCB and host to a World Cup Final mean nothing to you?

    Karachi is a wonderful city. Pakistan's only true cosmopolitan city, and it is a shame that it has lost its charm over the years due to political instability and negligence. Furthermore, the National Stadium is a great venue and as I have stated multiple times, it has the best outfield in the country.

    However, it is baffling to see the victim mentality and insecurity of Karachites, especially when it comes to Lahore. Apparently, it was a conspiracy to prevent Karachi from hosting PSL games, before that conspiracy was blown into pieces and the PCB delivered a timely shut up call.

    Our victim mentality as a nation is legendary, but you folks take it to the next level.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    2,788
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Is that all that you could extrapolate from my post? Does being the largest stadium in Pakistan for much of its history, home to the PCB and host to a World Cup Final mean nothing to you?

    Karachi is a wonderful city. Pakistan's only true cosmopolitan city, and it is a shame that it has lost its charm over the years due to political instability and negligence. Furthermore, the National Stadium is a great venue and as I have stated multiple times, it has the best outfield in the country.

    However, it is baffling to see the victim mentality and insecurity of Karachites, especially when it comes to Lahore. Apparently, it was a conspiracy to prevent Karachi from hosting PSL games, before that conspiracy was blown into pieces and the PCB delivered a timely shut up call.

    Our victim mentality as a nation is legendary, but you folks take it to the next level.
    Bro you're overdoing it here, not all Karachites are like that, just the poster you quoted has those feelings, it just creates more division.

    We're Pakistanis, not Lahories or Karachites


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    95,740
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You decided to pick on the architectural style instead of the fact that it has been the largest stadium in Pakistan for much of its history, it is the home of the PCB and it is also hosted a World Cup Final. Those are enough pointers to suggest that it is the flagship stadium in the country.

    The Gaddafi Stadium doesn't have anything to do with the attack. The SL was attacked en route to the stadium, not in the stadium itself.

    The National Stadium is great in its own right with an excellent outfield. In addition, it also has been our most successful ground in terms of results. Not sure why calling it our second most significant stadium is offensive. I hope and imagine that you would have objected the notion that the National Stadium is the premier stadium in the country, since it would have caused offense to people in Lahore.
    The premise was that its in a state of disrepair because its not important. I am telling you that NSK is as important to Pakistan cricket as any other stadium in Pakistan.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  52. #52
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,905
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Is that all that you could extrapolate from my post? Does being the largest stadium in Pakistan for much of its history, home to the PCB and host to a World Cup Final mean nothing to you?

    Karachi is a wonderful city. Pakistan's only true cosmopolitan city, and it is a shame that it has lost its charm over the years due to political instability and negligence. Furthermore, the National Stadium is a great venue and as I have stated multiple times, it has the best outfield in the country.

    However, it is baffling to see the victim mentality and insecurity of Karachites, especially when it comes to Lahore. Apparently, it was a conspiracy to prevent Karachi from hosting PSL games, before that conspiracy was blown into pieces and the PCB delivered a timely shut up call.

    Our victim mentality as a nation is legendary, but you folks take it to the next level.
    C’mon man,don’t paint all us Karachites by the same brush.I love the fact that at least international cricket is returning back to Pakistan,doesn’t matter which city it is.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    95,740
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    C’mon man,don’t paint all us Karachites by the same brush.I love the fact that at least international cricket is returning back to Pakistan,doesn’t matter which city it is.
    There is no victim mentality in Karachi. All people in that city ask for is to be treated at par. If others cannot understand that simple issue then so be it. But I am from Karachi and will not stand to be talked down whenever we ask for fair treatment.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,708
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    Bro you're overdoing it here, not all Karachites are like that, just the poster you quoted has those feelings, it just creates more division.

    We're Pakistanis, not Lahories or Karachites
    "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"


    No one is denying that we are all Pakistanis, but that shouldn't stop us from demanding our equal rights. If by doing so others label it "victim mentality" then I'll be happy to be called that for the rest of my life.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,708
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Is that all that you could extrapolate from my post? Does being the largest stadium in Pakistan for much of its history, home to the PCB and host to a World Cup Final mean nothing to you?

    Karachi is a wonderful city. Pakistan's only true cosmopolitan city, and it is a shame that it has lost its charm over the years due to political instability and negligence. Furthermore, the National Stadium is a great venue and as I have stated multiple times, it has the best outfield in the country.

    However, it is baffling to see the victim mentality and insecurity of Karachites, especially when it comes to Lahore. Apparently, it was a conspiracy to prevent Karachi from hosting PSL games, before that conspiracy was blown into pieces and the PCB delivered a timely shut up call.

    Our victim mentality as a nation is legendary, but you folks take it to the next level.
    Timely shut up call?


    The PCB chose to cancel the WI tour because of smog in Lahore and not even THINK about shifting it to Karachi even though there is no smog in Karachi, but you say we have victim mentality Mashallah


    International cricket has been happening in Pakistan since 2013... heck there have been 10-15 international level matches in Lahore and now the PCB decides to give ONE match to Karachi while the majority will continue to happen at PCB's darling for political purposes and we should shut up because some random guy on PP will label it victim mentality.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,261
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I really feel bad for these workers. Ridiculous by PCB.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,597
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The premise was that its in a state of disrepair because its not important. I am telling you that NSK is as important to Pakistan cricket as any other stadium in Pakistan.


    And no one has suggested otherwise. MCG is considered the home of Australian cricket. Does that mean that the other stadiums are not important?

  58. #58
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,597
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Timely shut up call?


    The PCB chose to cancel the WI tour because of smog in Lahore and not even THINK about shifting it to Karachi even though there is no smog in Karachi, but you say we have victim mentality Mashallah


    International cricket has been happening in Pakistan since 2013... heck there have been 10-15 international level matches in Lahore and now the PCB decides to give ONE match to Karachi while the majority will continue to happen at PCB's darling for political purposes and we should shut up because some random guy on PP will label it victim mentality.
    Karachi will host the PSL Final, and the PCB are not obliged to host matches in cities where it is not confident about the security measures, but anyway, who am I to rain your parade.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    95,740
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    [/B]

    And no one has suggested otherwise. MCG is considered the home of Australian cricket. Does that mean that the other stadiums are not important?
    The suggestion was NSK has been left in a state of disrepair or not given enough attention as its not important enough.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  60. #60
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,597
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    C’mon man,don’t paint all us Karachites by the same brush.I love the fact that at least international cricket is returning back to Pakistan,doesn’t matter which city it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    Bro you're overdoing it here, not all Karachites are like that, just the poster you quoted has those feelings, it just creates more division.

    We're Pakistanis, not Lahories or Karachites
    I don't intend to generalize, but unfortunately it has become a recurrent theme on PP. If you criticize a player from Karachi, people are quick to play the regional card, and there are many other examples.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,597
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The suggestion was NSK has been left in a state of disrepair or not given enough attention as its not important enough.
    No that was not the suggestion. The statement was that although the Gaddafi is Pakistan's flagship stadium, the National Stadium has always had the better outfield.

    It is funny because it is actually a compliment for the National Stadium, but for some odd reason, it has been twisted into an offense.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    95,740
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    No that was not the suggestion. The statement was that although the Gaddafi is Pakistan's flagship stadium, the National Stadium has always had the better outfield.

    It is funny because it is actually a compliment for the National Stadium, but for some odd reason, it has been twisted into an offense.
    The suggestion was also that GSL was somehow more romantic compared to NSK because it had "Mogul Architecture"


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,401
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Timely shut up call?


    The PCB chose to cancel the WI tour because of smog in Lahore and not even THINK about shifting it to Karachi even though there is no smog in Karachi, but you say we have victim mentality Mashallah


    International cricket has been happening in Pakistan since 2013... heck there have been 10-15 international level matches in Lahore and now the PCB decides to give ONE match to Karachi while the majority will continue to happen at PCB's darling for political purposes and we should shut up because some random guy on PP will label it victim mentality.
    You are correct, there is no smog in Karachi but most importantly it seems there is no proper infrastructure left to hold such an international event. Obviously under such circumstances the WI series could not be moved to Karachi as a last minute solution.

    The way your are recounting the return of international cricket in Pakistan would suggest as if since 2013 teams have been lining up to tour Pakistan. When in reality it was an uphill battle which involved a lot of convincing and resources.

    I would be a fool to think that there are no politics involved. However, instead of being practical and pragmatic you chose to willfully play ignorant and go over the top in twisting the scenario to suit your narrative. Instead of looking at the bigger picture you chose to get stuck in the details.

    That's the underlying issue.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,597
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The suggestion was also that GSL was somehow more romantic compared to NSK because it had "Mogul Architecture"
    Gaddafi is aesthetically better than concrete jungle that is the National Stadium, but that is not the reason why it is Pakistan's flagship stadium. However, it is an additional bonus feature.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,708
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    You are correct, there is no smog in Karachi but most importantly it seems there is no proper infrastructure left to hold such an international event. Obviously under such circumstances the WI series could not be moved to Karachi as a last minute solution.

    The way your are recounting the return of international cricket in Pakistan would suggest as if since 2013 teams have been lining up to tour Pakistan. When in reality it was an uphill battle which involved a lot of convincing and resources.

    I would be a fool to think that there are no politics involved. However, instead of being practical and pragmatic you chose to willfully play ignorant and go over the top in twisting the scenario to suit your narrative. Instead of looking at the bigger picture you chose to get stuck in the details.

    That's the underlying issue.
    Ok forget about Karachi.... why wasn't it moved to Multan or Pindi?


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  66. #66
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Ok forget about Karachi.... why wasn't it moved to Multan or Pindi?
    You are too jazbati

    They couldn’t have just moved the series like that in such a short time frame.

    Its not that easy. It took them a long time to devise a security plan for actually hosting games in Lahore, and then everything was checked by an independent security firm.

    Also the GSL had to have lots of renovation work done to it in order to be fit for holding international cricket. Imagine the state of the other stadiums in Pakistan if the “premier” stadium was not fit for holding international cricket.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    2,177
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Absolutely shameful that our construction workers dont have safety harnesses or proper boots !
    Bootless or Jobless.
    Take your pick.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Karachi has always produced better nail biters. It's a shame PCB and Pakistan as a country is run by one province.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is that a construction worker or Triple H? Holding a sledgehammer on a rooftop without hard hat and work boots?

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,401
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Ok forget about Karachi.... why wasn't it moved to Multan or Pindi?
    Yaar, for me it's the same thing. Be it Karachi or any other city.

    For all we know the smog thing might just be an excuse and there might have been some other complications between the two boards.

    To some extent one can legitimatly raise the question, why Lahore was initially chosen as a testing ground for the return of international cricket and express discontent over the decision. However, to go over board and keep on complaining, by making over the top sarcastic remarks at ever opportunity is only going to make other perceive you as a nuisance and your legitimate concern would lose its merit.

    I don't care either way had they chosen Karachi over Lahore from the very start. And I am surely not going to concern myself with trying to justifiy PCB's decision to chose Lahore over Karachi.

    I am just glad that we are getting some sort of a positive response form international teams and have something to work with. We should be happy about it, hold tight and hope everything keeps on moving gradually towards progress. Discord amongst ourselves at this point can be postponed for later on when we are spoiled for choice.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    641
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  national stadium.jpg
Views: 5252
Size:  23.3 KB

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    2,067
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having attended matches in both, I'd say Gaddafi is prettier - but NSK makes much more noise.

    People seem to have a better time in the Gaddafi than at National Stadium. In Karachi, it was a bit more intense. Or so it felt to me.

    Overall, Pakistani stadiums in big cities are not crowd friendly or particularly enjoyable places to be. However, the games make up for it.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    448
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImyCheeko View Post
    How is it shameful sorry?
    No harness for fall protection, no steel toe boots, gloves, eye glasses.. these are basic personal protective equipment that must be provided for safety of workers

  74. #74
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,080
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Renovations are coming along nicely.


  75. #75
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,989
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol pakistanians fighting over which city has the better stadium

    Y'all have never seen american stadiums, none of the stadiums in pakistan are comparable.


    "Peace is only made with the powerful"

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,708
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can't wait for the final... I wish I was in Karachi I would have definitely gone.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    28,394
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Apparently the PCB has conceded that the rooftop will not be completed on time but their goal is to make sure the ground, pitch, seating arrangements, dressing rooms, VIP stands, stands in general, electronic scoreboard, basic utilities are tip top running on the date of the final.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,702
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an impressive stadium, but happy to see final being played here.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    6,712
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does not look good but let see how it is after the renovation completes,may be it will be the same except few new concretes there,

  80. #80
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    22,954
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Does not look good but let see how it is after the renovation completes,may be it will be the same except few new concretes there,
    What it needs is a lash green but fast out-field and a true wicket, rest are perfectly acceptable, as long as the stands don't crash. It's a D/N game, therefore roof is not required to be completed either. It'll be a travesty to play a game between cricket & hockey like the last Final at a very "impressive" Gaddafi stadium.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •