Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,802
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

    National T20 Cup | Day 9 | 19 Nov, 2017 | Lhr Whites v Rwp, Khi Whites v Peshawar | Match Thread

    Lahore Whites v Rawalpindi (12:00 local | 07:00 GMT | 10:00 AST)

    Karachi Whites v Peshawar (day/night) (11:00 GMT | 14:00 AST)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,802
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Lahore Whites win the toss and elect to bat in their National T20 Cup game against Rawalpindi;


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    165
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good performances put in by Akmals today. Kamran scored 60odd while Umar Akmal scored 33

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,683
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are Pindi refusing to play Nasir Nawaz and Ahsan Ali together?

    Stop playing pseudo all rounders and play these two instead!

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,008
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Why are Pindi refusing to play Nasir Nawaz and Ahsan Ali together?

    Stop playing pseudo all rounders and play these two instead!
    yar I tuned in to watch Nasir and he s not playing Thought i will have a complete look at his batting.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    430
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Why are Pindi refusing to play Nasir Nawaz and Ahsan Ali together?

    Stop playing pseudo all rounders and play these two instead!
    Who is not playing today from these 2?

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    165
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rawalpindi has some serious selection issues. Why does Iftikhar plays? Time and time again I have seen this guy fail even in domestics, as I type he is 24(25) chasing 180. Selection of Iftikhar and even Fawad have costed Pindi in this tournament.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    819
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoroughly impressed with the new Umar Amin. He looks calm, composed and plays orthodox cricketing shots. He should definitely be invested with in the national team. Plus he's a handy medium bowler. I would use him as an opener in ODIs in place of Azhar.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umaid Asif is pretty impressive

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    9,102
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Umaid Asif is pretty impressive
    He's done well this season, think he may be too old for a Pakistan call up though

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    772
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha, Rawalpindi must be the most non genuine team of the domestics. Iftikhar has lost previous match too for them by wasting a lot of deliveries for his 20 or something while chasing. Today he's done the same thing leaving Rawalpindi in taters. Nasir Nawaz has suddenly disappeared replaced by a failure Ahsan. I don't know what is the role of Ramiz Aziz in the team. Never saw him doing any thing substantial for his team. And a proper bat Masood is made a tailender batting at 9. There is no accountability regarding these things.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    341
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone please run a background check why Iftikhar Ahmed plays in any side. Must be related to a pcb big wig, no other reason for him to even be in the club team and this is first class side. Iftikhar has single-handedly lost his team the game. On a Sunday where you finally have some crowd in the stadium, no shots played no attempt made to hit. All other players tried to play shots he just sucked the blood of his team and the viewers who had tuned in. He is not a pre-allocated player, hed playing above Nasir Nawaz and even fawad Alam is the biggest joke of this tournament. Pathetic captaincy by Umar Amin a very defensive person, his field settings were cringe-worthy. The keeper Umaid Masood really pathetic could'nt gather the ball, dull reflexes. Leaked 10-12 runs even makeshift keepers would've done better than him.
    Another amazing personality of this match umpire Tahir Rasheed [Haroon Rasheed's brother], Sohail Tanvir yorks Bilal Asif backing n leg, bowl goes between the bat and legs, umpire Rasheed called it a wide, it was hilarious everyone was laughing. The standards set inthis tournament are a disgrace to Pakistan cricket. There is a feel that no management exists, all of the people just doing how they feel like. From PTV telecast with poor overstaffed commentating to fielding. There are'nt that much cameras to public in the ground as much as commentators in the office with a lady who interviews a player once in the innings for not even a minute. And these people are being paid heavily. Pakistanis in UK should do the right thing and boycott PTV affiliated deadwood and networks for PSL, this is the only way standards can improve.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,683
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Langau View Post
    Who is not playing today from these 2?
    Nasir Nawaz

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,683
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    yar I tuned in to watch Nasir and he s not playing Thought i will have a complete look at his batting.
    Umar Amin looks a terrible captain.

    Awful team selection, awful batting order (4-7 in particular) batting Shadab and Umair Masood at 8 and 9 etc!

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow this is such terrible bowling by Tabish and Anwar Ali. No line or length at all

  16. #16
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    4,249
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic Phanti by Peshawar openers


    Love for all hatred for none.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,683
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Israrullah has really hit form this season. Excellent strike rate.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    341
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All these players are much better fielders/bowlers, one feels shameful as a Pakistan cricket fan whatchin this.

    Whenever PCB or Najam Sethi try to take credit of PSL, someone should just show tournament like this one as a mirror and their management accomplishments. From broadcasting to marketing to cricket standards, ITS A FAIL.
    The lady who interviews players for 1 minute to get a freebie paycheck like the rest of the overstaffed commentary team, was talking to Nasir Nawaz. When she asked him to request viewers to come and watch their star cricketers live. Nasir smiled and said how would they know there is a cricket match when there is no banner no billboard to publicize the tournament in the city!!!! The lady trying to do damage control said no I saw 10-15 billboards [rofl], and then again pleaded to Nasir to please give a message for public to come. Nawaz again retorted I can give a statement but how many people are watching this telecast, LOL. He is so right most Pakistanis don't even watch any PTV channel anymore.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    home
    Runs
    1,211
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkwdpassion View Post
    All these players are much better fielders/bowlers, one feels shameful as a Pakistan cricket fan whatchin this.

    Whenever PCB or Najam Sethi try to take credit of PSL, someone should just show tournament like this one as a mirror and their management accomplishments. From broadcasting to marketing to cricket standards, ITS A FAIL.
    The lady who interviews players for 1 minute to get a freebie paycheck like the rest of the overstaffed commentary team, was talking to Nasir Nawaz. When she asked him to request viewers to come and watch their star cricketers live. Nasir smiled and said how would they know there is a cricket match when there is no banner no billboard to publicize the tournament in the city!!!! The lady trying to do damage control said no I saw 10-15 billboards [rofl], and then again pleaded to Nasir to please give a message for public to come. Nawaz again retorted I can give a statement but how many people are watching this telecast, LOL. He is so right most Pakistanis don't even watch any PTV channel anymore.
    Why do you think PTV and PIA are in turmoil? PIA has 705 employees per aircraft. Global average is 200 (source https://www.dawn.com/news/1165723/pi...debt-servicing).

    Same is the case for PTV and to an extent, PCB. Huge budget allocations but little to show. And then we have the audacity to say that the former PM was the greatest leader after Jinnah.


    In merit vs potential, potential usually causes the greatest heartbreak

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    865
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkwdpassion View Post
    All these players are much better fielders/bowlers, one feels shameful as a Pakistan cricket fan whatchin this.

    Whenever PCB or Najam Sethi try to take credit of PSL, someone should just show tournament like this one as a mirror and their management accomplishments. From broadcasting to marketing to cricket standards, ITS A FAIL.
    The lady who interviews players for 1 minute to get a freebie paycheck like the rest of the overstaffed commentary team, was talking to Nasir Nawaz. When she asked him to request viewers to come and watch their star cricketers live. Nasir smiled and said how would they know there is a cricket match when there is no banner no billboard to publicize the tournament in the city!!!! The lady trying to do damage control said no I saw 10-15 billboards [rofl], and then again pleaded to Nasir to please give a message for public to come. Nawaz again retorted I can give a statement but how many people are watching this telecast, LOL. He is so right most Pakistanis don't even watch any PTV channel anymore.
    it would be difficult for him to stay in the team now as he adresses loopholes of the management

  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,683
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz showing yet again why he is the best captain in world cricket.

    Peshawar had an excellent platform of 101-1 after ten overs. With next to no bowling resources he turned to Asad Shafiq which turned out to be a stroke of genius. Sarfaraz through his bowling changes really tightened the grip and restricted Peshawar and their big hitters to 155.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    865
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peshawar 155-7 after 20 overs

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    341
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by another drop catch View Post
    it would be difficult for him to stay in the team now as he adresses loopholes of the management
    Such loopholes are pinpointed by even PCB employees, management does'nt even care as it does'nt affect them.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,683
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Sarfaraz showing yet again why he is the best captain in world cricket.

    Peshawar had an excellent platform of 101-1 after ten overs. With next to no bowling resources he turned to Asad Shafiq which turned out to be a stroke of genius. Sarfaraz through his bowling changes really tightened the grip and restricted Peshawar and their big hitters to 155.
    Imagine what he could do with a decent team!

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,651
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Though draft system, but whoever picked Pindi team has very little clue of T20 cricket - that team is like Amin or bust. One win on his 66, that too almost was slipping between fingers. And then they are dropping the young opener and playing Shadab at 9!!!! Even for domestic level not sure how Zain, Rameez & Fawad can form the back bone of a T20 middle order?

    Now that they have allowed players to leave for BPL equations changes, but I guess Faisalabad, 2 Lahore teams & may be Karachi team will make the cut - again, teams from major 3 cities, therefore not sure how the draft picks were done!!!!

  26. #26
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    10,044
    Mentioned
    1562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    GUess these matches aren’t being shown in the UK?

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    341
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel so angry why I watched today's matches knowing the playing teams' abilities and the quality of telecast.

    The other most painful ordeal is to hear 'gulabi english' of the commentators hired.
    These 60-70+ uncles, close friends of PCB or PTV are murdering the English language.
    commentator: 'baller maiyering [probably pronouncing measuring] his runup'.
    somedays back I heard 'ball 'ricochet' off his hand on to his face

    Why can't they do commentary in Urdu.

    Rofl most wont be watching this and the 70% who are watching this program won't even understand their local 'shaikhspearian' english or they would've filled the social media making fun of them, with their memes and pathetic command of the language.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 19th November 2017 at 14:26.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,008
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Imagine what he could do with a decent team!
    Once again today Peshawar was marching at 102-0 in 10 overs and then he made some masterstrokes by bringing Shafiq and reducing them to only 157.

    Pakistan is blessed to have such a captain.

    As Viv Richards said: Sarfraz takes wickets with his tactics.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,447
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anwer Ali almost winning the match for his side.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,008
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz really struggles hitting down the order. Really should think about his batting position. Akbar can easily do he role at no 6.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  31. #31
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    990
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Sarfraz really struggles hitting down the order. Really should think about his batting position. Akbar can easily do he role at no 6.
    What are your thoughts on Haris in T20 bhai?

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,008
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    What are your thoughts on Haris in T20 bhai?
    Dont want him in t20s as we already have Babar. Only 1 of these is required.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    278
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This draft system for domestic competitions has really messed Peshawar over, you have some of their most influential players in other teams sitting on the bench at times.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,683
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Sarfraz really struggles hitting down the order. Really should think about his batting position. Akbar can easily do he role at no 6.
    He heard you and responded. Delivered the goods.

    But obviously he is only a specialist captain.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    165
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Though draft system, but whoever picked Pindi team has very little clue of T20 cricket - that team is like Amin or bust. One win on his 66, that too almost was slipping between fingers. And then they are dropping the young opener and playing Shadab at 9!!!! Even for domestic level not sure how Zain, Rameez & Fawad can form the back bone of a T20 middle order?

    Now that they have allowed players to leave for BPL equations changes, but I guess Faisalabad, 2 Lahore teams & may be Karachi team will make the cut - again, teams from major 3 cities, therefore not sure how the draft picks were done!!!!
    Completely agree with this and have mentioned the same in the other thread. Rawalpindi has severe selection issues, there is no other reliant batsman apart from Amin, so when Amin departs the chase is always over for Pindi.

    I seriously don't understand the selection of Fawad, Iftikhar, Aziz in Pindi team. Even Zain is slow but he can maintain SR of 120 while being a little dependant the others are simply jokes in T20.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,381
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    GUess these matches aren’t being shown in the UK?
    Not sure about that. Do you have PTV Sports there?

    If not, this thread is your friend.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •