Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

"We feel like we can beat any opposition" : Faheem Ashraf

The hard-hitting Pakistan all-rounder, Faheem Ashraf, recently shot to instant fame in a game against Sri Lanka when he became the first Pakistani bowler to take a hat-trick in a T20I. His talent had already been recognized during the victorious Champions Trophy campaign and he continues to re-emphasize his credentials as a potential successor to one of Pakistan's top all-rounders, Abdul Razzaq.

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion.net, Faheem Ashraf spoke on a number of topics including his dramatic rise in stature since the warm-up game against Bangladesh in the Champions Trophy, his emotions and the advice he received when he achieved the hat-trick against Sri Lanka, how he feels about the confidence that the Pakistan coaching staff and especially Azhar Mahmood have in his abilities and why he feels that Pakistan will be strong contenders for the title in the 2019 World Cup.

Name:  fa.jpg
Views: 30058
Size:  51.1 KB

PakPassion.net: These past few months must feel like a dream for you?

Faheem Ashraf:
    Yes absolutely. A few months ago, only my coaches, team mates and friends really knew about me. Hardly anybody had heard my name, but now due to the Almighty many people have heard of me. The warm-up match at the Champions Trophy against Bangladesh and then the recent hat-trick against Sri Lanka have really boosted me and made people recognise my name.

PakPassion.net: Many people said, “Faheem who?!” when you were named in the Champions Trophy squad. Did you feel you had a point to prove during that tournament and thereafter?

Faheem Ashraf:
    That tournament will live in the minds of all of the squad forever. Many people did not know who I was when my name was announced in the squad, but the warm-up match against Bangladesh made people say Faheem Ashraf instead of Faheem who?! When I was about to go out to bat against Bangladesh at Edgbaston, the coaching staff said to me, go out there and just play your natural game and don't worry about the scoreboard. The pitch was true and I went out there and played my natural game and that worked. We were in a bad position, but we turned it around and eventually won when all seemed lost. I guess you could say that was the turning point for me.

PakPassion.net: To have been asked to make your international debut in a high-profile match against Sri Lanka at the Champions Trophy must have been quite nerve-wracking?

Faheem Ashraf:
    I went out there with the mindset of treating it like any other match. My team mates and the coaching staff told me to go out there and enjoy myself and just do my best. The confidence in the team throughout the tournament after the first match was sky-high. I was satisfied with 2 wickets against Sri Lanka, but I felt I conceded a few too many runs and my run-out is definitely one to forget. It was a match that we looked like we had lost, but that self-belief pulled us through and it was a sensational match to make my Pakistan debut in.

PakPassion.net: Describe what it was like to become the first Pakistani bowler to take a hat-trick in a Twenty20 international?

Faheem Ashraf:
    It's difficult to describe my emotions during and after the hat-trick but it was an incredible moment. I had no idea until after the match that I was the first Pakistani cricketer to complete a hat-trick in a Twenty20 international. I still cannot believe I did it and it's only when people mention it to me that I actually believe it happened. I wasn't sure if I would be bowling in the latter stages of the innings but then I realised that Usman Shinwari was injured and that I would be required to bowl one more over towards the end of the innings. Initially I just wanted to keep it tight and restrict the opposition and just focus on dot balls. Shoaib Malik came up to me and told me to keep bowling the right length for that wicket. He asked me to bowl on a good length and not bowl short. For the first wicket I bowled a slower ball and Hasan Ali took a superb catch. For the second wicket I took on board the advice of Shoaib Malik and bowled a good length delivery. For the hat-trick delivery Imad Wasim told me to bowl a good length inswinger and the batsman will be leg before or bowled and that's what happened as the batsman was out lbw.

PakPassion.net: You speak about playing your natural game with the bat. What do you feel is your natural game?

Faheem Ashraf:
    I feel that I am no mug with the bat and that I have an array of strokes that can work for me. I play positively and feel that I go out into the middle looking to be positive which is my natural game. I'm working on a few things regarding my batting and there are improvements required, but I'm happy with the progress that I am making with the bat. However I want to be more consistent with the bat and not just regarded as a lower-order hitter.

PakPassion.net: You seem like a cool, calm and mature man when out on the field. Is that the real you?

Faheem Ashraf:
    Yes, that's the way I am. There is no drama, I don't like big celebrations when I take a wicket and to me it's all about going out there, performing and then looking ahead to the next match. The previous match is history as soon as it's over. The way I think is that you look ahead to the next match and aim to improve yourself as soon as the previous match is over.

PakPassion.net: You seem to bowl a heavy ball at times and vary your pace really well. Do you feel you can bowl faster than what you are bowling at the moment?

Faheem Ashraf:
    I firmly believe that variety is the key to a successful bowler. I can bowl a heavy ball which is my effort delivery, but I also bowl a lot of slower balls and cutters. My style of bowling is where I try to keep the batsman guessing and not bowl too many similar deliveries in any over. As far as pace is concerned, I guess the stronger I get, there is every chance that I will be able to bowl faster, but at the moment that is not too important for me. I really enjoy working with Azhar Mahmood, he has so much knowledge of the game and he really gives me a lot of confidence. Even when you have not had a good day, he will try and boost you up and motivate you; he's a great guy to have in the Pakistan dressing room.

PakPassion.net: In a recent match you came out to bat, hit your first and second ball for six and made it look like you were playing a game of cricket with your friends in the local park?

Faheem Ashraf:
    No, it's never that easy. But when the management, senior players and captain are giving you so much self-belief, you are literally flying and believe you can do anything out there. The management, especially Azhar Mahmood said to me that I was capable of great things with both bat and ball and that I should believe in myself and not take on too much pressure. They support me so much that it makes me feel that I am not even playing international cricket as I have so much faith in my own ability after the backing of the coaching staff. In the previous match to the one where I hit the two sixes, I was disappointed with my batting and how I got out and wanted to make amends for it. Shadab Khan helped us win that match, but I felt that I had let my team down in that innings, so I was all set in my mind to show that I can do better than what people saw in that innings.

PakPassion.net: Some are already comparing you to Abdul Razzaq. How does that make you feel and is it a fair comparison?

Faheem Ashraf:
    I think the likes of Abdul Razzaq are fantastic cricketers, great cricketers who are very difficult to replace. I am at the start of my career, I am learning and looking to improve. I think it's good for Pakistan cricket that there are a number of all-rounders coming through the ranks and all competing against each other for places. When there is competition that means that players realise that they can take nothing for granted and that you have to work even harder to keep your place in the side. The confidence given by the team management to me keeps me going and if that helps me get closer to the great Abdul Razzaq then that is a great thing for me and for Pakistan cricket.

PakPassion.net: What's it like being part of the current Pakistan limited-overs squads?

Faheem Ashraf:
    It's a great environment and one that is built on trust and backing each other. There are a lot of youngsters in the squads and a lot of guys who are finding their way in international cricket and we are all helping each other on that journey. The basis of the team is aggression, that is what the captain wants and that is what the coaches want as well. The management back the players and in return the players are performing well as they have that belief and confidence. At the moment in limited-overs cricket we feel like we can beat any opposition.

PakPassion.net: What's it like playing under Mickey Arthur, he looks quite daunting on television at times?

Faheem Ashraf:
    Before I was part of the Pakistan squad I had heard from some of the players that he is quite scary at times. But since I have played under him and got to know him a bit, he's a great guy. He just wants the best for the Pakistan team and he wants 100% from the players. He only gets upset when a player makes the same mistake again and again and where those mistakes have already been mentioned to that player previously. You know where you stand with a guy like Mickey Arthur and that is something that works for me.

PakPassion.net: You opted out of playing in the ongoing Bangladesh Premier League, why was that?

Faheem Ashraf:
    I was offered a BPL contract, but I decided to play in the National T20 Cup for Faisalabad region as they have done so much for my development as a cricketer. My region is playing in a major tournament so how could I leave them and head off to Bangladesh? I have come through the ranks at Faisalabad region from the junior teams to under 19s and then to the senior teams and leaving them to go and play in the BPL was not something I could have done. Nothing means more to me than playing for my country or for Faisalabad in any tournament.

PakPassion.net: You are currently playing in the National T20 Cup, how is that tournament going, and it must be disappointing to be playing in front of empty stands?

Faheem Ashraf:
    It's a high-profile tournament and it's a tournament that is very important to the players for national selection and also due to the fact that there are more PSL places up for grabs. But it's very sad that the crowds are so poor. The earlier matches each day see hardly any fans and then the later matches see small crowds. Players want to play in front of decent crowds and I would urge the fans to attend the matches and back the players and all the teams taking part in this tournament. They need to do this to show the world that Pakistan supports all types of cricket, international and domestic.

PakPassion.net: You've been selected by Punjabi Legendz for the T10 cricket league in UAE. Is 10 over cricket the future and have you played any 10 over cricket previously?

Faheem Ashraf:
    I've played some ‘last man standing’ cricket but never played 10 over cricket before. I think it will be fast-paced and entertaining for the fans. There were people who said twenty over cricket wouldn't work and look how popular it is, so let's give this format a chance and see how it goes. I think it will be fun and it will become popular.

PakPassion.net: You'll be making your debut in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) next year. That must be something you are really looking forward to?

Faheem Ashraf:
    It will be an absolute honour for me to share the dressing room with two Pakistani cricketing greats, Misbah-ul-Haq and Waqar Younis. It will be fantastic to play under the captaincy of the legend Misbah-ul-Haq and I'm also really looking forward to working with one of the greatest bowlers ever, Waqar Younis. I see the Pakistan Super League as a great venture for Pakistan cricket, but also a big opportunity for the likes of myself to learn from the likes of Waqar Younis and Misbah-ul-Haq. I've heard great things about the Pakistan Super League and I'm really looking forward to this opportunity. I won't let anyone down and I hope that my performances will please fans and everyone involved in Islamabad United.

PakPassion.net: Looking ahead, which areas of your game do you feel need improving and working upon?

Faheem Ashraf:
    As a cricketer you are learning every day and you are never the finished article. In any profession you are constantly looking to improve, to better yourself and there should never be any complacency. I am looking to improve in all areas of the game as I feel there is a lot of hard work ahead for me. Just because I have played a few matches for Pakistan doesn't mean I should think I am the finished article.

PakPassion.net: You must already have one eye on the 2019 World Cup. How do you feel about Pakistan's chances in that tournament?

Faheem Ashraf:
    There's a lot of cricket to be played before that tournament but we are a confident side at the moment and hopefully that confidence will continue. It's important that we keep the momentum going. I cannot say we will win the World Cup, but one thing I can say is that if I am selected I will give my all for the country and our aim will be to become Champions Trophy and World Champions.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    One of the most respectful, humble and well-mannered Pakistani cricketers of today.

An excellent cricketer who wants to learn, wants to improve and has an excellent mindset.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top prospect.If he keeps working hard,he will be one the best all-rounders of the modern cricket.I pray that he does not become follow the path of Umar Akmal,Ahmed Shehzad or Sharjeel Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really excited for his development. Hard working, down to earth and also talented which should be a recipe for success.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit premature this statement, after only beating Srilanka. Our recent record in bilateral excluding WI and Srilanka is pretty poor. Don't count your chickens yet. Last time we played NZ, England and Australia it was there for everyone to see, and we didn't face these teams in CT, otherwise it could've been another story for us.
    Last edited by waleed88; 24th November 2017 at 00:05.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem bhai, mehnat karo, khailtay raho, make us all proud, inshallah.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    A bit premature this statement, after only beating Srilanka. Our recent record in bilateral excluding WI and Srilanka is pretty poor. Don't count your chickens yet. Last time we played NZ, England and Australia it was there for everyone to see, and we didn't face these teams in CT, otherwise it could've been another story for us.
    We faced England in the CT.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadPakFan View Post
    We faced England in the CT.
    Yea sorry my bad. We didn't face NZ or Aus in CT.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent interview. This guy seems like an excellent prospect and is one of my favourite players now.

I had heard about him but his domestic stats were very mediocre so I was not expecting much from him. I guess he is one of those players who you can't judge by stats but boy he's proven me wrong. Looks like a proper hitter and he can crank it up with the ball too. From what I've heard he's also a really nice guy, I hope he doesn't go the way of the likes of Sharjeel Khan etc

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Insightful interview, not afraid to speak his mind too. He's right that the crowds for the National T20 are appalling.

We badly need a quality pace bowling all-rounder, especially as the next World Cup is in England. We have an abundance of spin bowling all-rounders but we've never really replaced Abdul Razzaq and Azhar Mahmood. Hopefully this lad can be the solution.

The big test for Fahim Ashraf is coming up against New Zealand against a powerful batting lineup playing in those small grounds. This current Sri Lanka ODI team isn't much of a barometer.

His batting is more exciting than his bowling - we lack explosive powerhitters who can exploit the death overs of an ODI or T20 but he hits the ball cleanly.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rising all-rounder Faheem Ashraf says him becoming the first Pakistani to claim a hat-trick in T20Is hasn’t sunk in yet and that he is still in a state of disbelief over his incredible feat.

Ashraf, 23, dismissed three consecutive batsmen in the second T20I against Sri Lanka late last month — only the sixth time a bowler has claimed a hat-trick in the game’s shortest format at the international level and the first time a Pakistani did so.

In an interview with Pak Passion, Ashraf discussed at length his terrific trifecta and revealed he wasn’t even supposed to bowl that late in the game per the original plan.

“I wasn’t sure if I would be bowling in the latter stages of the innings but then I realised that Usman Shinwari was injured and that I would be required to bowl one more over towards the end of the innings,” he said.

He then explained his thought process for all three wickets and credited Shoaib Malik and Imad Wasim for helping him strategise.

“Initially I just wanted to keep it tight but Shoaib Malik told me to keep bowling the right length and not bowl short,” recalled Ashraf. “For the first wicket I bowled a slower ball and Hasan Ali took a superb catch. For the second wicket I bowled a good length delivery. For the hat-trick delivery, Imad Wasim told me to bowl a good length inswinger and the batsman will be leg before or bowled and that’s [exactly] what happened.”

While the plan may have worked like a charm, Ashraf says the grandeur of his achievement hasn’t sunk in yet, saying: “It’s difficult to describe my emotions during and after but it was an incredible moment. I had no idea until after the match that I was the first Pakistani cricketer to complete a hat-trick in a T20I. I still cannot believe I did it and it’s only when people mention it to me that I actually believe it happened.”

That, and his breezy 64-run knock against Bangladesh in a Champions Trophy warm-up in the summer have turned Ashraf from a no one to a potential star, who is even being touted as the heir apparent to the great Abdul Razzaq.

That surge in popularity hasn’t gone unnoticed by the player himself, who said: “A few months ago, only my coaches, teammates and friends really knew about me. Hardly anybody had heard my name, but now due to the Almighty many people have heard of me. That warm-up match and then the recent hat-trick have really boosted [my profile] and made people recognise my name.”

Regarding his Razzaq comparisons, he feels it’s too early to say whether he can emulate the great all-rounder but says he takes it as a compliment.

“I think the likes of Abdul Razzaq are fantastic cricketers, who are very difficult to replace,” he said. “I am at the start of my career, I am learning and looking to improve. The confidence given by the team management to me keeps me going and if that helps me get closer to the great Abdul Razzaq then that is a great thing for me and for Pakistan cricket.”

Ashraf is largely regarded as a bowling all-rounder, but he says he is a better batsman than he is given credit for and also harbours ambitions beyond being just a low-order slogger.

“I feel that I am no mug with the bat and that I have an array of strokes that can work for me,” he said. “I play positively and feel that I go out into the middle looking to be positive which is my natural game. I’m working on a few things regarding my batting and there are improvements required, but I’m happy with the progress that I am making with the bat. However, I want to be more consistent and not just regarded as a lower-order hitter.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1567429...20i-hat-trick/
    Last edited by hadi123; 24th November 2017 at 15:14.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan newbie all-rounder Faheem Ashraf is living a dream these days. With a hat-trick to his credit and a number of match winning performances, Ashraf’s young career is moving on the right trajectory.

The all-rounder is currently playing at the National T20 Cup, where he is representing the Faisalabad side. “It’s a high-profile tournament and it’s a tournament that is very important to the players for national selection and also due to the fact that there are more Pakistan Super League places up for grabs,” said Ashraf, quoted PakPassion.net.

The all-rounder, however, was disappointed with the local fans over their lack of attendance at the National T20 Cup.

“It’s very sad that the [strength of] crowd is so poor. The earlier matches each day see hardly any fans and then the later matches see small crowds.” Ashraf urged the fans to attend the tournament in order to show their support for cricket.

“Players want to play in front of decent crowds and I would urge the fans to attend the matches and back the players and all the teams taking part in this tournament. They need to do this to show the world that Pakistan supports all types of cricket, international and domestic,” he added.

https://www.brecorder.com/2017/11/24...akistani-fans/

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The captain and half the team is different now as well

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are a fan of Inzi's selections then you can rightfully put Fahim's selection on his plate. Fahim wasn't in the PSL and was relatively unknown when Inzi picked him.

With the rest of the debutantes Inzi had the benefit of PSL to aid him.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy has a bright bright future hope he keeps performing

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Loving Ashy already.

Hopefully he'll work on muscles, it'll greatly help with his batting power and that's key in the finishing role.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    He's got a hamstring injury and is unlikely to feature any more in the National T20 Cup for Faisalabad.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    He's got a hamstring injury and is unlikely to feature any more in the National T20 Cup for Faisalabad.
    Uh oh, hopefully he’s fit in time for the NZ series.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very good interview. Excited to see his progress.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Rising all-rounder Faheem Ashraf says him becoming the first Pakistani to claim a hat-trick in T20Is hasn’t sunk in yet and that he is still in a state of disbelief over his incredible feat. Ashraf, 23, dismissed three consecutive batsmen in the second T20I against Sri Lanka late last month – only the sixth time a bowler has claimed a hat-trick in the game’s shortest format at the international level and the first time a Pakistani did so. In an interview with Pak Passion.net, Ashraf discussed at length his terrific trifecta and revealed he wasn’t even supposed to bowl that late in the game per the original plan.

“I wasn’t sure if I would be bowling in the latter stages of the innings but then I realised that Usman Shinwari was injured and that I would be required to bowl one more over towards the end of the innings,” he said. He then explained his thought process for all three wickets and credited Shoaib Malik and Imad Wasim for helping him strategise. “Initially I just wanted to keep it tight but Shoaib Malik told me to keep bowling the right length and not bowl short,” recalled Ashraf. “For the first wicket I bowled a slower ball and Hasan Ali took a superb catch. For the second wicket I bowled a good length delivery. For the hat-trick delivery, Imad Wasim told me to bowl a good length inswinger and the batsman will be leg before or bowled and that’s exactly what happened.”

While the plan may have worked like a charm, Ashraf says the grandeur of his achievement hasn’t sunk in yet, saying: “It’s difficult to describe my emotions during and after but it was an incredible moment. I had no idea until after the match that I was the first Pakistani cricketer to complete a hat-trick in a T20I. I still cannot believe I did it and it’s only when people mention it to me that I actually believe it happened.” That, and his breezy 64-run knock against Bangladesh in a Champions Trophy warm-up in the summer have turned Ashraf from a no one to a potential star, who is even being touted as the heir apparent to the great Abdul Razzaq.

That surge in popularity hasn’t gone unnoticed by the player himself, who said: “A few months ago, only my coaches, teammates and friends really knew about me. Hardly anybody had heard my name, but now due to the Almighty many people have heard of me. That warm-up match and then the recent hat-trick have really boosted my profile and made people recognise my name.” Regarding his Razzaq comparisons, he feels it’s too early to say whether he can emulate the great all-rounder but says he takes it as a compliment. “I think the likes of Abdul Razzaq are fantastic cricketers, who are very difficult to replace,” he said. “I am at the start of my career, I am learning and looking to improve. The confidence given by the team management to me keeps me going and if that helps me get closer to the great Abdul Razzaq then that is a great thing for me and for Pakistan cricket.”

Ashraf is largely regarded as a bowling all-rounder, but he says he is a better batsman than he is given credit for and also harbours ambitions beyond being just a low-order slogger. “I feel that I am no mug with the bat and that I have an array of strokes that can work for me,” he said. “I play positively and feel that I go out into the middle looking to be positive which is my natural game. I’m working on a few things regarding my batting and there are improvements required, but I’m happy with the progress that I am making with the bat. However, I want to be more consistent and not just regarded as a lower-order hitter.”

https://dailytimes.com.pk/146978/fah...20i-hat-trick/

SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His batting is the key for long career like Razzaq. Will not last more than a year if he is bit and pieces cricketer like Anwar Ali.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A fantastic prospect for us and we were looking for a fast-bowling allrounder for ages, my only advice for him is to not try and become the next Abdul Razzaq but be yourself; aim to improve your game and become your own man, don't ever stay in someones shadow.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe so .... can’t wait till it happens !!!!!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Faheem Ashraf, Aamir Yamin, Hussain Talat & Hammad Azam just some of the pace bowling all-rounders in Pakistan cricket at the moment.

Faheem Ashraf the pick of the bunch though.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any update on injury? Will he play semi final today?

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saj i heard he is from a very humble background and has worked very hard to make it this far...so heartening to see

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asadee View Post
    Saj i heard he is from a very humble background and has worked very hard to make it this far...so heartening to see
    Also happens to be the most politest & well-mannered cricketers I have ever conversed with.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Any update on injury? Will he play semi final today?
    He isn't playing in the ongoing match.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Also happens to be the most politest & well-mannered cricketers I have ever conversed with.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden arm View Post
    For someone who is such an aggressive batsmen, Fahim really has a very sweet voice

I'm surprised Faislabad hasn't produced as many cricketers as it should. Afterall it is the third biggest city of Pakistan and should have infrastructure rivaling Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    For someone who is such an aggressive batsmen, Fahim really has a very sweet voice

I'm surprised Faislabad hasn't produced as many cricketers as it should. Afterall it is the third biggest city of Pakistan and should have infrastructure rivaling Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad.
    He is from kasur not faisalabad

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    He is from kasur not faisalabad
    Oops my bad. I thought he skipped BPL because he wanted to repay the Faisalabad side for all that they have done for him, so figured he was from there.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, England did beat NZ and Australia in the group stages and we beat England in the semis. So we could've handled them with similar results had it been them in the semis. Plus, we beat one of the top teams, India, in the finals too. Kicking Shehzad and Wahab out really made a huge difference.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fahim could be a really good batting all-rounder that bats at #7. He'd be really good for death overs, cause he's capable of hitting some powerful shots, and either Malik or Shadab could be #6. He could be like our version of Sri Lanka's Thisara Perera.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by junaidji View Post
    Fahim could be a really good batting all-rounder that bats at #7. He'd be really good for death overs, cause he's capable of hitting some powerful shots, and either Malik or Shadab could be #6. He could be like our version of Sri Lanka's Thisara Perera.
    He will be much better than Thisara

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by junaidji View Post
    Well, England did beat NZ and Australia in the group stages and we beat England in the semis. So we could've handled them with similar results had it been them in the semis. Plus, we beat one of the top teams, India, in the finals too. Kicking Shehzad and Wahab out really made a huge difference.
    Thats not how it always works

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    He will be much better than Thisara

Oh yeah for sure I agree!

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats not how it always works
    I mean, yes that's true, but the types of players in the squad make a difference too. England had really good players compared to those teams like Joe Root for instance, and easily thrashed . We brought in Fakhar and Junaid who did really good after Wahab and Shehzad failed in the first match. Had these two played instead of FZ or JK, we'd have lost for sure. Of course we could've still lost against NZ or Aus had FZ or JK had still played, but we had a greater chance of winning as well due to their presence and not lackluster players.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If PAK is serious about upcoming series against ENG and SA along as well as home series against AUS and NZ, they need to groom this man into the Test side ASAP. Fahim should be slotted at #7 along with Shadab. This allows us to field 6 batsmen + 2 all-rounders + 4 fast bowlers + 1 spinner. Fahim can not only offer the quicks a breather but become a potent strike bowler because he has superb control over his line and length. Essentially, you want him to either dry up the runs in 7 successive overs and strike through pressure.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fahim Ashraf suffers hamstring injury

ISLAMABAD - Faheem Ashraf , the Pakistan allrounder, suffered a hamstring injury , because of which he missed the semi-final of the National Twenty20 in Rawalpindi on Wednesday.

Ashraf , 23, will undergo rehab in the National Cricket Academy in Lahore and hope to get fit in time for the tour of New Zealand in January. Pakistan play five One-Day Internationals and three T20 Internationals against the hosts.

“Faheem suffered a hamstring injury in the last match, so he has been summoned to the NCA for rehab,” said a Faisalabad team spokesperson.

Ashraf was missed in the team’s 10-run defeat in the semi-final to Lahore Whites.

He emerged as the best allrounder in last year’s regional one-day cup and made his international debut against Sri Lanka in Pakistan’s winning campaign at the Champions Trophy in England in June. Since then he has made gradual strides to cement his place in the limited-overs teams, registering the first T20 hat-trick by a Pakistani bowler, achieved against Sri Lanka in Abu Dhabi last month.

http://nation.com.pk/30-Nov-2017/fah...mstring-injury

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter