Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 91
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    4,476
    Mentioned
    1157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    National T20 Cup | Day 14 | 24 Nov, 2017 | Lahore W v Islamabad, Faisalabad v FATA | Match Thread

    Lahore W v Islamabad (09:30 local | 04:30 GMT | 15:30 AEDT | 15:00 ACDT | 12:30 AWST)

    Lahore W Squad: Aamer Yamin, Amad Butt, Asif Ali, Asif Zakir, Azhar Ali, Bilal Asif, Ehsan Adil, Hasan Qadeer, Kamran Akmal †, Mohammad Irfan(5), Raza Ali Dar, Salman Butt (c), Sami Aslam, Umaid Asif, Umar Akmal, Wahab Riaz

    Islamabad Squad: Adil Amin, Ali Sarfraz, Arsal Sheikh, Faizan Riaz, Hasan Ali, Irfan Bhatti, Mohammad Irfan, Mohammad Naqash †, Nauman Anwar, Rahat Ali, Raza Hasan, Saad Ali, Sarmad Bhatti, Shan Masood, Shehzad Azam, Umar Gul, Zohaib Ahmed (c)

    Faisalabad v FATA (Day/Night 16:00 local | 11:00 GMT | 22:00 AEDT | 21:30 ACDT | 19:00 AWST)

    Faisalabad Squad: Ali Shan, Ali Waqas, Asad Ali, Asad Raza, Asif Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Gauhar Ali †, Imran Butt, Imran Khalid, Khurram Shehzad, Mohammad Sami, Saeed Ajmal (c), Sahibzada Farhan, Sohaib Maqsood, Taj Wali, Yasir Shah

    FATA Squad:
    Ahmed Jamal, Asif Afridi, Awais Zia, Bilawal Bhatti, Hammad Azam (c), Irfan Rasheed, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Naeem, Mukhtar Ahmed, Nabi Gul, Naved Malik, Rehan Afridi †, Sameen Gul, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar, Usama Mir

  2. #2
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    2,929
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't seen a batsman as scared as Salman Butt when it comes to his average.


    Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    293
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kamran 90 of 42

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,964
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Kami is an absolute beast in domestic cricket.

    Butt playing a selfish inning.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope our selectors are not watching, otherwise recall number 105 is waiting for Kami

  6. #6
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    867
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kamran and salman trolling pakistan cricket fans

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope Shaheen will get a chance today, and want Sohail to whack some more sixes.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by another drop catch View Post
    kamran and salman trolling pakistan cricket fans
    Trolling or torturing?

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,964
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Kamran just hit 3 sixes in row

    Mohammad Irfan being taken to the cleaners, now dropped catch of his bowling

    178-0

    Kamran 126 and Butt 50 both still batting..
    Last edited by mmkextreme_1; 24th November 2017 at 05:43.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    867
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    Trolling or torturing?
    crushing hopes

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    1,597
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kami smashing each and everyone out of park... how can Inzy not watch this... He must be glued to his TV


    SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,964
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Damn Kami really killing it 147*

    Gul yelling at the fielder, but needs to realize he's bowling trash. Need the yorker length.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    212
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, Kamran Akmal why

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    867
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what a last over from legend rahat ali

  15. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,964
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Damn Kami got the 150 mark, the first time in Pakistan T20?

    Feel like this innings will come back and harm Pakistan immensely.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,964
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lahore ends the innings at 209-0, no wickets taken by Islamabad, pretty pathetic display of bowling.

    The fact that no wickets fell I feel 209 is a bit lower then expected, should have made around 225-230.

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    293
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    Lahore ends the innings at 209-0, no wickets taken by Islamabad, pretty pathetic display of bowling.

    The fact that no wickets fell I feel 209 is a bit lower then expected, should have made around 225-230.
    butt is the reason

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,252
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL @ Butt.
    Wattayyy innings.

  19. #19
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    293
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    Damn Kami got the 150 mark, the first time in Pakistan T20?

    Feel like this innings will come back and harm Pakistan immensely.
    if shan scores another ton it will be icing on the cake.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why Kami Why?

  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    5,686
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe it is just me but i am not a fan of Kamran's raising his arms celebration whenever he reaches a milestone like he is doing some sort favor to us. So cringey

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,487
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Standout knock by Irfan there, don't think I've seen a 0 off 15 in a T20 before.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    429
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely wasted young Sami....shame on butt opting to open just so he could score his ownself..
    Kakmal might make it to the T20 side now

  24. #24
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,763
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was butt's innings today one of the most selfish ones in the history of t20 cricket?

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,768
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    @Abdullah719

    Bro, must post extended coverage of that 150*, has to be something worthy watching. Add to that his partner ......

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,487
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Was butt's innings today one of the most selfish ones in the history of t20 cricket?
    He just wanted to be a part of the highest opening partnership in T20 history.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  27. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,590
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faislabad should bat first. Want to see Gauhar and Sahibzada bat.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,891
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Was butt's innings today one of the most selfish ones in the history of t20 cricket?

    Selfish innings from a man so selfish he makes younis actually look like a team man

    Sadly this innings will work, butt always had backing and inzi has a soft spot for him


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    341
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    Kami is an absolute beast in domestic cricket.

    Butt playing a selfish inning.
    Check full game on youtube and the bowling KAmran Akmal faced, anything full of length he blocked, he got more freebies than any player in this tournament. Islamabad bowlers sprayed wide short of length garbage to him as well as Salman Butt. Akmal made the most of it and Butt used this to get a better score. Really fishy game the atrocious bowling by Rahat Ali and Irfan was despicable. It felt they are'nt even first-class bowlers and don't have a brain.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    18,763
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Selfish innings from a man so selfish he makes younis actually look like a team man

    Sadly this innings will work, butt always had backing and inzi has a soft spot for him
    Inzi would be exposed badly if he selects him. I hope he makes the right call by ignoring this individual.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,487
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Honoured to be part of this partnership. <a href="https://twitter.com/KamiAkmal23?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KamiAkmal23</a> truly a world class knock ��������.</p>&mdash; Salman Butt (@im_SalmanButt) <a href="https://twitter.com/im_SalmanButt/status/933987230732996608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What a great innings of 150 congratulations on becoming leading scorer brother <a href="https://twitter.com/KamiAkmal23?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KamiAkmal23</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/National20cup2017?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw ">#National20cup2017</a></p>&mdash; Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/933977357286871040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  32. #32
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,487
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    FATA need to beat Faisalabad by a decent margin to qualify for the SFs ahead of Karachi Whites.

    Faisalabad batting first.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    17,060
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    please dont get fooled by this innings


    New Era of Team Pakistan

  34. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    9,726
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkwdpassion View Post
    Check full game on youtube and the bowling KAmran Akmal faced, anything full of length he blocked, he got more freebies than any player in this tournament. Islamabad bowlers sprayed wide short of length garbage to him as well as Salman Butt. Akmal made the most of it and Butt used this to get a better score. Really fishy game the atrocious bowling by Rahat Ali and Irfan was despicable. It felt they are'nt even first-class bowlers and don't have a brain.
    150 runs in a T20 game is commendable, whatever the quality of the bowling. Kamran Akmal may not be our favourite, but he is a domestic cricket giant and should be appreciated for this knock.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,718
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    FATA need to beat Faisalabad by a decent margin to qualify for the SFs ahead of Karachi Whites.

    Faisalabad batting first.
    Looks like they have bolstered their bowling. Have Zia Up Haw playing for them today.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,718
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Abdullah719

    Who is this young, up and coming opener by the name of Kamran Akmal?

    Heard he's a real talent, and an even better wicket-keeper. Is it true?


  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,891
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    please dont get fooled by this innings
    90% of this forum will and sadly Inzi and co were already fooled, now they have an excuse


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  38. #38
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,590
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem not playing today?

  39. #39
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,718
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    90% of this forum will and sadly Inzi and co were already fooled, now they have an excuse
    He's not coming back. He was already dropped because of poor fielding after the Windies series. Nothing has changed on that front.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,487
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Faheem not playing today?
    Must be due to the hamstring injury in the last game. Hopefully it's just as a precaution and it's nothing serious.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  41. #41
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,718
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit strange watching this match.

    Big fan of both squads (give young players a chance etc) but given Faisalabad have already qualified and FATA need to win by a good margin to qualify I am having to stop myself supporting players I usually want to do well!

  42. #42
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,487
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks like taking catches is the toughest part of the game for most of these guys.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  43. #43
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,487
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    According to the commentators (who don't seem very sure about it), FATA need to chase this target of 158 in 16.3 overs to leapfrog Karachi Whites and grab a SF spot.

    Should be interesting.

    Naveed Malik opening so Awais Zia demoted after a series of failures.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  44. #44
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,407
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    What a shot from Mukhtar Ahmed, gave himself room and smacked the spinner for six over extra cover.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    9,726
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mukhtar is in unreal touch.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hammad is the key.lets see what he can in such a crunch situation.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,718
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    According to the commentators (who don't seem very sure about it), FATA need to chase this target of 158 in 16.3 overs to leapfrog Karachi Whites and grab a SF spot.

    Should be interesting.

    Naveed Malik opening so Awais Zia demoted after a series of failures.
    Need to get a move on in that case.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,487
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow wow wow FATA are really fighting hard.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Wow wow wow FATA are really fighting hard.
    can they qualify now??

  50. #50
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,487
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    can they qualify now??
    They need 10 off 4 balls.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,718
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9 off 3.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    9 off 3.
    so they cant????

  53. #53
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,718
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn they deserved to qualify ahead of Karachi Whites.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,718
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worst part is FATA will still win the game comfortably.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,487
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What's going on? Commentators saying they needed it in 16.2 but FATA guys are celebrating......


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  56. #56
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,718
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricket is a cruel sport.

    They won it a ball too late.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,487
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Cricket is a cruel sport.

    They won it a ball too late.
    They have qualified.



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  58. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,718
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scratch that. They've qualified!

    Well deserved FATA!

  59. #59
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,718
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    They have qualified.

    Thank God for incompetent commentators. Out of interest when did they need to win it by?

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,487
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Thank God for incompetent commentators. Out of interest when did they need to win it by?
    I have no idea.

    Confusion.

    Should have calculated myself.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  61. #61
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,768
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    What's going on? Commentators saying they needed it in 16.2 but FATA guys are celebrating......
    NRR doesn't work that way - FATA could have made it on 17'1 overs as well (probably, I am doing maths without calculator), had they hit a SIX at tie, that's 163 in 17'1 overs. Probably, FATA is now parallel with KW in NRR, but ahead on head to head. Didn't hear PTV's commis, but few years back Mumbai Indian was at similar equation & Shastri called it from commentary box (that MI can qualify even with 2/3 extra ball if they can hit a boundary on tie)

  62. #62
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    212
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FATA are through to the Semis apparently

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a thrilling finish! Well played Hammad Azam!

  64. #64
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,487
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  65. #65
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    2,632
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well done Hammad. He deserves another chance at least in t20's. Guy possesses nerves of steel.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    341
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    150 runs in a T20 game is commendable, whatever the quality of the bowling. Kamran Akmal may not be our favourite, but he is a domestic cricket giant and should be appreciated for this knock.
    If Rahat Ali and Irfan bowl u short off length and offer u width with no fielder at deep cover and 2-3 fielders in the circle, you would also make 200 runs ina T20. I'd rather prefer a 40 by Mukhtar Ahmed or even a 34 by Hammad Azam on Akmal's innings. Pleasegive credit to Islamabad main bowlers also who bowled awfully for Akmal to reach 100+.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,636
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Inzi can't wait to give fat Kami another chance now


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  68. #68
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Scratch that. They've qualified!

    Well deserved FATA!
    welldone fata and HAMMAD .....MUKHTAR has been brutal.....MUKHTAR is more desrved candidate for national recall than that
    ttf kamra.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,718
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Inzi can't wait to give fat Kami another chance now
    You mean the same Inzi who dropped him after the Windies tour?

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,636
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    You mean the same Inzi who dropped him after the Windies tour?
    Or the same Inzi who picked him in the first place.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  71. #71
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    NRR doesn't work that way - FATA could have made it on 17'1 overs as well (probably, I am doing maths without calculator), had they hit a SIX at tie, that's 163 in 17'1 overs. Probably, FATA is now parallel with KW in NRR, but ahead on head to head. Didn't hear PTV's commis, but few years back Mumbai Indian was at similar equation & Shastri called it from commentary box (that MI can qualify even with 2/3 extra ball if they can hit a boundary on tie)
    what aboutMUKHTAR.INZI is keen to give a chance to yoing kamran akmal but for me MUKH?tar desrves it more.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Or the same Inzi who picked him in the first place.
    or the INZI who select him and managment play him as a pure bat but drop dollies wit that heavy........he is 37 and has no future,should focus on domestic ,enough is enough.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    9,726
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkwdpassion View Post
    If Rahat Ali and Irfan bowl u short off length and offer u width with no fielder at deep cover and 2-3 fielders in the circle, you would also make 200 runs ina T20. I'd rather prefer a 40 by Mukhtar Ahmed or even a 34 by Hammad Azam on Akmal's innings. Pleasegive credit to Islamabad main bowlers also who bowled awfully for Akmal to reach 100+.
    Sometimes posters go too far with their biased views on this forum. No matter how strong your hate game, you have to appreciate a 150-run knock in a T20 match. Kamran can only play the bowlers infront of him; the quality of bowling is Islamabad's problem.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    341
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hammad Azam is officially 'man of the crisis'
    super player
    Mukhtar Ahmed again the only player in Pakistan rite now who can give blistering start 9out of 10 time, if PSL franchise does'nt pick him than its PSL's loss.
    I am a Karachiite, but really happy FATA went through.

    Karachi whites had great player like Sarfaraz Ahmed but no one else
    Karachi Whites squad was not of T20 standard. Both they and Rawalpindi were given a pretty ordinary sides by selectors.

    Both my favorites (Faisalabad and FATA) in the semi finals, now hope they knock out dilapidated Akmal and Hafeez wagons to win the tournament.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,134
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So happy that FATA qualified which is well deserved and happy that Sarfraz's friends 11 are out. Haris should have played for a better team then TTF's.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    341
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Sometimes posters go too far with their biased views on this forum. No matter how strong your hate game, you have to appreciate a 150-run knock in a T20 match. Kamran can only play the bowlers infront of him; the quality of bowling is Islamabad's problem.
    This has become an excuse for supporters of these Akmals to screw the rest of young talent in Pakistan, have nothing personal against him. I watched the match and Islamabad [IRfan/Rahat] were awful than usual, he was'nt bowling within stumps most of the time, he was bowling wide. I did'nt watch highlights I watched the whole match. Islamabad team's shoulders were already down after the first 1st over, don't know what was the reason but they performed less than they do in this match against Lahore Whites.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,472
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkwdpassion View Post
    Hammad Azam is officially 'man of the crisis'
    super player
    Mukhtar Ahmed again the only player in Pakistan rite now who can give blistering start 9out of 10 time, if PSL franchise does'nt pick him than its PSL's loss.
    I am a Karachiite, but really happy FATA went through.

    Karachi whites had great player like Sarfaraz Ahmed but no one else
    Karachi Whites squad was not of T20 standard. Both they and Rawalpindi were given a pretty ordinary sides by selectors.

    Both my favorites (Faisalabad and FATA) in the semi finals, now hope they knock out dilapidated Akmal and Hafeez wagons to win the tournament.
    spoke my heart.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,636
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm glad Karachi didn't qualify. It was TTF central. Maybe this will be incentive to get rid of oldies and TTFs.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  79. #79
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,768
    Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    what aboutMUKHTAR.INZI is keen to give a chance to yoing kamran akmal but for me MUKH?tar desrves it more.
    Haven't seen the game (was watching BPL & Test), but I think pick of the batters in this tournament are Maqsood & Kamran. 40/125 is probably below par stats for this tournament - it has to be 35+/140+ at least.

    It's really getting difficult to justify Babar in T20 XI now, Sarfraz as well, but he is Captain. Ideally, if you drop Sarfraz (say Malik Captain), then the best XI looks like

    1. Lefti Opener (Amin/FZ)
    2. Kamran
    3. Maqsood
    4. Malik
    5. Talat
    6. One of the hitters - Asif Ali/Sohail Akhtar/Hammad/Fahim
    7. Imad
    8. Shadab
    9. Amir
    10. Hasan
    11. Irfaaaaaan

    Sarfraz comes in position of Kamran as WK & he goes to 6, so Babar might get his undue chance, depriving one of the 4 hitters. If Sarfraz wants to open, then may be they can drop Babar for the hitter at 6.

    6 bowlers is a must in T20.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    341
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Sometimes posters go too far with their biased views on this forum. No matter how strong your hate game, you have to appreciate a 150-run knock in a T20 match. Kamran can only play the bowlers infront of him; the quality of bowling is Islamabad's problem.
    Kamran Akmal or dropmal [aged 37] makes 150 on 2 drop catches against Islamabad,
    missed 3 stumping chances and dropped 5+ catches in the tournament
    His one brother U. Akmal averages 9 in the same T20 tournament and another Adnan Akmal aged 32 [also wicketkeeper] bats at no.9 in the team, drops 4 catches can't even gather the ball and scores a duck in the only match he get to bat. The cousin Babar Azam scores with a strike rate of around 114 [when there are 20+ players in the same tournament who have better strike rate than him]. Compare his innings with Sohaib Maqsood on the same batting position, this shows selectors' and certain peoples bias that this non-performing khandaan is playing aheadof much better talent in the country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •