Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"I think on my day I can be a match-winner" : Mukhtar Ahmed

The somewhat unexpected rise in Pakistan’s limited overs fortunes which was triggered by their victory in the Champions Trophy this summer seems to have produced some great dividends.

The rise in rankings for Pakistan in ODIs as well as reaching the number one position in T20Is is of course a matter of pride for the country but the bigger benefit seems to be in the renewed wave of enthusiasm at the domestic level where players are looking to be part of Pakistan cricket’s success story.

24-year-old Sialkot born Mukhtar Ahmed’s golden run at the ongoing National T20 Cup where he scored 305 runs in 7 matches at an average of 43.57 and at an incredible strike rate of 178.36 is surely one that selectors and fans of Pakistan cricket would have watched with great interest.

Whilst his team FATA was beaten in the semi-final of the National T20 Cup, the manner in which Mukhtar scored his runs is a matter of great satisfaction for the opening batsman as he explained in an exclusive interview with PakPassion.net.

“I've been very happy with my form during the National T20 Cup. I've felt confident and have been striking the ball well. It's not easy to score a century in the T20 format and I was really pleased with my 117 against Karachi Whites. I've been hitting the ball cleanly during this tournament and when you do that it gives you confidence and a lot of self-belief.”

Ever since the unfortunate departure of Sharjeel Khan and the recent disappointing form of the Champions Trophy hero, Fakhar Zaman, Pakistan have been in search of a truly aggressive opener who can thwart the opposition with ease. Mukhtar’s approach to batting is exactly suited for the Twenty20 format and his ability to hit the ball seems to be exactly what any T20 team needs in its arsenal.

“My batting style is known to everyone and my statistics are there for all to see. I have three T20 centuries and my strike rate is over 150. I like to attack the opposition bowlers and try to put them under pressure. I think on my day I can be a match-winner, but I need to add more consistency to my game and that is something I have been working on with my coaches.”

The success of Mukhtar at the National T20 Cup in 2017 where he is currently ranked the 3rd highest run-scorer is a reminder of the type of talent that the audience would like to see more of. This is something Mukhtar is painfully aware of, “I feel that I have missed too much cricket of late for various reasons, but I want to put all that behind me and play regularly in all formats. I am only 24 but I've been around in domestic cricket for over 5 years, so I have a lot of experience. It's now time for me to settle down and prove my critics wrong and show maturity.”

The advent of the Pakistan Super League in 2016 has been nothing short of a revolution in the world of Pakistan cricket. For talented players like Mukhtar, the PSL represents a unique platform to showcase their talents but the fact that he is yet to play for any of the franchises is puzzling.

“It's very disappointing and surprising that I've not played a single match in the Pakistan Super League, as that is the format that I am well known in. I hoped that this time I would be picked in the Pakistan Super League and be given a chance to show what I can do on the big stage, but sadly that did not happen.”

There is a silver lining in place for Mukhtar due to a recent modification in draft rules which have allowed for a vacancy of one more player in PSL team line-ups which offers the batsman a chance to make his mark in the PSL.

“There's a chance that I could yet be picked for the Pakistan Super League as the 21st player for one of the squads and I really hope that happens. It's a huge tournament and one where I feel I can show my talent. All players want to play in the PSL so all I can do is hope that my chance comes this time around.”

One can only imagine the pride Mukhtar must have felt when he was given the chance to represent his country for the first time in 2015 in a T20I game against Bangladesh. The promise of his talent impressed all who watched his first innings for his country. It was therefore a matter of great disappointment for all, including Mukhtar himself, that he did not continue to find a permanent place in the Pakistan team.

"People forget that I actually average 32 for Pakistan in the 6 T20Is that I played in. I also scored 2 fifties for my country and was then dropped. However, these things happen, and you have to take it on the chin and work hard. You have to look at your weaknesses and work on them and ensure that you improve and learn from your mistakes."

Mukhtar Ahmed's international debut is now a matter of history and the fact that he has yet to play more than 6 games for his country does appear odd for a man of his batting talent. Whilst it would be easy to delve on the past and wallow in self-pity, Mukhtar is quite happy to focus on the future and is convinced that the only way forward is to continue putting in performances of the type he put in the semi-final of the ongoing National T20 Cup where he scored 47 off just 22 balls, and the opportunity to represent Pakistan will present itself. “My aim is to score lots of runs in domestic cricket and to once again catch the eye of the national selectors. I feel I can still offer Pakistan a good and attacking option at the top of the order in the limited overs formats, but as I say, I need to score lots of runs in domestic cricket and show consistency. Having played 6 T20Is, the desire is there to play more matches for my country, but let's see, let's take it one step at a time”, he concluded.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Some of his innings in the National T20 Cup.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was dropped to make room for Shehzad, and it looks like there are still bias selections in the psl

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Indian occupied kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if i am not wrong he played some games for qalandar ?

Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel he should be picked by Multan Sultans for PSL3 as 21st player.

They don't have an opener apart from Ahmed Shehzad and might have to play Darren Bravo as an opener or even Kumar Sanggakara has to open.
    Mukhtar can prove to be a better option than these two.

Secondly he is from Sialkot and has played in Sialkot Stallions under the captainship of Shoaib Mallick so there might be chance.

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mir jibran View Post
    if i am not wrong he played some games for qalandar ?
    Nope, he hasn't.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Raw power in this guy - just needs more guidance and he can be one hell of a player!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selfie in form now so a long wait 🤦🏽*♂️

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    https://www.aninews.in/news/sports/c...1301651070003/

http://www.business-standard.com/art...3000787_1.html

Karachi [Pakistan], November 30 (ANI): Pakistan cricketer Mukhtar Ahmed, who has proved himself in the shortest format of cricket by producing an incredible strike rate 178.36 in the ongoing National T20 Cup, feels disappointed that he is yet to find a permanent place in the Pakistan team.

Mukhtar made his international T20I debut for the country in 2015 against Bangladesh. But despite coming good in his debut innings, the player could not find a permanent place in the Pakistan team.

He has unfortunately played only six T20Is for the country yet.

"People forget that I actually average 32 for Pakistan in the six T20Is that I played in. I also scored two fifties for my country and was then dropped. However, these things happen, and you have to take it on the chin and work hard," he said.

However, Sialkot born Mukhtar Ahmed has scored 305 runs in seven matches at an average of 43.57 and at an incredible strike rate of 178.36 for his team FATA in the ongoing National T20 Cup.

"It's not easy to score a century in the T20 format and I was really pleased with my 117 against Karachi Whites. I've been hitting the ball cleanly during this tournament and when you do that it gives you confidence and a lot of self-belief," PakPassion.net quoted Mukhtar, as saying.

The 24-year-old believes that he can be a match-winner on a good day but still needs to add more consistency to his game.

"I feel that I have missed too much cricket of late for various reasons, but I want to put all that behind me and play regularly in all formats. I am only 24 but I've been around in domestic cricket for over five years, so I have a lot of experience. It's now time for me to settle down and prove my critics wrong and show maturity," said Mukhtar, who is currently ranked the third highest run-scorer at the National T20 Cup.

Though Mukhtar has played a lot of domestic cricket in his career but is yet to play for any of the franchises in the PSL and.

"It's very disappointing and surprising that I've not played a single match in the Pakistan Super League (PSL), as that is the format that I am well known in. I hoped that this time I would be picked in the League and be given a chance to show what I can do on the big stage, but sadly that did not happen."

But, he still has chances to be picked as the 21st player for one of the squads due to a recent modification in draft rules which have allowed for a vacancy of one more player in PSL team line-ups.

In addition to PSL, Mukhtar also wishes to play more games for his country and for that he believes that he will continually perform best in the domestic cricket to once again catch the eye of the national selectors. (ANI)
    Last edited by MenInG; 30th November 2017 at 13:49.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cannot believe he wasn't picked for the PSL. I am sure somebody with half a brain will pick him in the drafts.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And we see a player who made 85 runs in 8 innings awarded platinum category in PSL.
    PSL being a private fest bound to have these corrupt pickups. Be it Azam khan or akmal.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Susprised someone like Shoaib Malik hasn't pushed for his selection

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Amazing that he has not been given a chance in the PSL, especially when you see some of the utter rubbish players who get PSL contracts.

Maybe needs a father working for PCB or a father who is close to PCB officials.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The job of the psl is to give good talent the spotlight/chance, and if players like Muhktar are not playing, then clearly something is off. (favoritism)

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Looks a much improved player compared to 2015

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope he gets a chance in the PSL.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mukhtar Ahmed disappointed with PSL franchises

Pakistan’s aggressive opening batsman Mukhtar Ahmed is clearly upset with the Pakistan Super League (PSL) as he has expressed his disappointment and surprise that he has not yet played a single game in the league.

Expressing his disappointment, the batsman told Pakpassion, “I feel that I have missed too much cricket of late for various reasons but I want to put all that behind me and play regularly in all formats.”

“I am only 24 but I’ve been around in domestic cricket for over 5 years, so I have a lot of experience. It’s now time for me to settle down and prove my critics wrong and show maturity,” the site quoted Mukhtar.

The Sialkot-born scored heavily during the National T20 Cup at an impressive average of 43.57 in seven matches. He was the third highest runs scorer during the domestic tournament with 305.

Speaking about PSL, he said, “It’s very disappointing and surprising that I’ve not played a single match in the league, as that is the format that I am well known in. I hoped that this time I would be picked in the Pakistan Super League and be given a chance to show what I can do on the big stage, but sadly that did not happen.”

“I’ve been very happy with my form during the National T20 Cup. I’ve felt confident and have been striking the ball well. It’s not easy to score a century in the T20 format and I was really pleased with my 117 against Karachi Whites. I’ve been hitting the ball cleanly during this tournament and when you do that it gives you confidence and a lot of self-belief,” he added.

Mukhtar was playing of FATA during the National T20 Cup which lost the semi-final against Lahore.

http://www.brecorder.com/2017/12/04/...sl-franchises/

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised he is not playing in the T10 league - ideal player for that format.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I'm surprised he is not playing in the T10 league - ideal player for that format.
    Has anyone informed you about the time and schedule of adding the new players in PSL teams based on performance in the Pakistan cup?

it's written. an akmal will never be a hero.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to see him succeed in the National T20 Cup. Mentioned before the tournament started he was one I was keeping my eye on.

He's by no means the finished product but deserves a PSL contract. That will help him have access to decent coaching etc, then the rest is up to him.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    He's now playing in Uganda in Afro T20 tournament!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's improved alot which is great to see. Hopefully some good performances in the Afro T20 will remind to PCB of his ability

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    He's now playing in Uganda in Afro T20 tournament!
    Any notable performances?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sorry Mukhtar, too many ATG T20 players such as Shan Masood therefore you weren't picked.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Treated unfairly again

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sethi and all the PSL/PCB management should hang their heads in shame when seeing Shan Masood, Ahmad Shehzad, Umar Akmal etc. being given chances upon chances on past glory on the Int'l scene as well as PSL, domestic etc. and yet someone like Mukhtar with very recent performances is not even given a chance to shine!

Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Amazing that he has not been given a chance in the PSL, especially when you see some of the utter rubbish players who get PSL contracts.

Maybe needs a father working for PCB or a father who is close to PCB officials.
    It seems like Saj bhai knew in advance that Mukhtar won't be picked by any teams...

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fata Region 320-8 in 50 overs: (Khushdil Shah 96, 85 balls, 8x4s, 1x6, Mukhtar Ahmed 77, 69 balls, 7x4s, 3x6s, Fawad Khan 52, 55 balls, 5x4s, 4x6s, Ahsan Hafeez Bhatti 39, 49 balls, 3x4s, Saud Shakeel 2-48, Yasir Ali 2-49)

Rawalpindi Region 324-5 in 49-5 overs: (Saud Shakeel 134*, 122 balls, 15x4s, 1x6, Iftikhar Ahmed 91, 89 balls, 9x4s, 1x6, Behram Khan 35, 28 balls, 4x4s, Zeeshan Malik 23, 22 balls, 3x4s, Sohail Akhtar 2-27)

Read more at http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...dSkB31IaLj7.99

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ATG T20 GOATs like Rahat THE GREAT, Ramiz Raja Junior Lord Masood Legendary Technical Shafiq etc. are more deserving players for PSL.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    117 of 58, 47 off 22, 40 off 14, even Fakhar, our aggressive opener of T20I, doesn't play like this in domestic T20s.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has talent over flowing from all corners which is why it is not surprising that you haven't played.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just cause he doesnt have any connections, just dissapointing.http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ype=tournament
    highest sr in tournament, he is what we need.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Just cause he doesnt have any connections, just dissapointing.http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ype=tournament
    highest sr in tournament, he is what we need.
    Look at the stats of Kamran and Shehzad. says a lot about quality of runs

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not buying this false hype, guy is as hacky as a hack can get, will not cut it internationally, despite the fact that some hacks can cut it in T20s. We're better off with other investments. Such a shame about Sharjeel, him and Fakhar would put our opener search to bed but the search for another modern opener continues.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is being missed, when Khurram Manzoor can get a 50 in the PSL, this guy is hard done

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    This guy is being missed, when Khurram Manzoor can get a 50 in the PSL, this guy is hard done
    yes , if Manzoor get 100 you will miss sherjeeeeeel!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuzaifaE View Post
    Not buying this false hype, guy is as hacky as a hack can get, will not cut it internationally, despite the fact that some hacks can cut it in T20s. We're better off with other investments. Such a shame about Sharjeel, him and Fakhar would put our opener search to bed but the search for another modern opener continues.
    He probably has too many flaws for international cricket but there's no doubt he would be a better option for PSL than the likes of Asad Shafiq.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very unfortunate. Should have been picked in PSL.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where’s Nauman Anwar? I remember a few years ago he looked like the real deal.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Where’s Nauman Anwar? I remember a few years ago he looked like the real deal.
    Aquib Javed happened

His batting stance and setup was all changed and then he turned into a hack

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Aquib Javed happened

His batting stance and setup was all changed and then he turned into a hack
    Wow man

Another wasted talent.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Mukthar Ahmed has been drafted into the Karachi Kings squad for the play-off's.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Mukthar Ahmed has been drafted into the Karachi Kings squad for the play-off's.
    Ops, intelligent move from Kings and if this guy plays then our (Zalmi) chances are doomed

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will be on the bench I am sure.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
    Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asifp View Post
    He will be on the bench I am sure.
    He is in playing 11

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    He is in playing 11
    Surprisingly good decision. Guys like Manzoor and Asad and Selfie can get games, but local big hitters were kept hidden away.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
    Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    Ops, intelligent move from Kings and if this guy plays then our (Zalmi) chances are doomed
    could be six and out with this one..he isnt facing some uncle cricketers with fat bellies like he does in regular domestic cricket..this is Hasan Ali and wahab riaz with dawson and others..no slouches and very professional and international class players..I hope he gets to show his talent but

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It will be funny if Mukhtar score big here in playoffs...

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great opportunity for Mukhtar Ahmed

Big occasion, excellent batting track, small boundary and extremely wet outfield making it difficult to grip the ball. Great opportunity for Mukhtar to play a blistering innings and prove the injustice done to him by not selecting him in the PSL.

This is a big pressure game but sometimes players need to capitalize on the limited opportunity they get. Hoping he plays a big innings today.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will play a very good innings and make a comeback InshaAllah.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he actually needs to follow Zalmi in how they dealt with Amir

Dont be to fussed if he doesnt smash Hasan straight away, go after the rest

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm really hoping that he showcases his talent today

But if he doesn't, shouldn't mean that he is discarded and overlooked next year.

The guy has an SR in excess of 150 and an average of 32+ in domestic T20 cricket

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    I'm really hoping that he showcases his talent today

But if he doesn't, shouldn't mean that he is discarded and overlooked next year.

The guy has an SR in excess of 150 and an average of 32+ in domestic T20 cricket
    Agreed! A failure here does not make him a bad player, just as a big innings here does not make him a great player. However, based on his past performances he did deserve to be playing PSL and a good innings today will do him a world of good.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has good domestic stats but played like a true hack last time when he played for Pakistan. Hope he does well.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Fabulous batsman, but unfair to expect much from him with him only getting one game, having to chase over 10 an over against the best attack in the tournament.

It's actually a no win situation. He fails here, and won't get a contract for the entire PSL next year I reckon.

Hopefully he scores 30+ at a quick rate.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope he performs today and takes Karachi home but its a stiff test against a very good attack. If he performs test get into into the Pakistan side.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't do any worse than K Manzoor. He should have been brought into the squad way earlier.

Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad luck

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an amazing debut

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The three deliveries he faced answered all the questions. Driving an outswinger from outside off to midwicket is usually not a good idea

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    He will play a very good innings and make a comeback InshaAllah.
    You are wrong about so many players . Nawaz, Imad and now Mukhtar

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Railu Katta View Post
    You are wrong about so many players . Nawaz, Imad and now Mukhtar
    I don't mind being wrong

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for coming

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBF to him, not the ideal conditions to get your big moment. Chasing 170 in 16 overs in a big semi final. Cant really write him off. Deserves a proper run at the top the way Asad Shafiq and Ahmad Shahzad have had

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hard to judge off that innings but he didnt paint himself in glory slogging away blindly

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zero batting talent amongst non TTF in Pakistan. No wonder the old players always come back.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Fabulous batsman, but unfair to expect much from him with him only getting one game, having to chase over 10 an over against the best attack in the tournament.

It's actually a no win situation. He fails here, and won't get a contract for the entire PSL next year I reckon.

Hopefully he scores 30+ at a quick rate.
    Welcome back!!!

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is unfair to be honest... how do u throw a guy right into the semi final.... complete **... he has no game practice, no gelling with squad, crazy pressure, and zalmi just whipped KK's rears.... the guy cant even think about settling in... not against that total... u just gotta start whipping...

but on the flip side... he had a chance which he bottled none the less...

KK's would have been better off playing khurram manzoor, rather than taking a lottery chance on Mukhtar... i am glad KK is ousted...

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    He's a hack.
    Simple as

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be persisted with.

Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was swinging ,,,not much to do.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chasing 170 in 16.... they had to Hack the hell out of it to get this game in their favor....

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reversehook View Post
    this is unfair to be honest... how do u throw a guy right into the semi final.... complete **... he has no game practice, no gelling with squad, crazy pressure, and zalmi just whipped KK's rears.... the guy cant even think about settling in... not against that total... u just gotta start whipping...

but on the flip side... he had a chance which he bottled none the less...

KK's would have been better off playing khurram manzoor, rather than taking a lottery chance on Mukhtar... i am glad KK is ousted...
    THIS.

He came in after Khuram was given all of the chances in this PSL editions to show his worth. He did not impress.
    Then you bring in Mukhtar who is up against the toughest target in most pressure situation and he did not deliver so now

• he will have the pleasures of watching Khuram open the inning in next year's PSL (If Mukhtar even gets picked)

• Then in 3 or so years he will watch Khuram make TV appearances as a cricket expert alongside previous generations of cricket experts who have same credentials as Khuram.

• 10 years from now he will watch Khurram become batting coach with his fans (fans of Khuram's credentials) shouting that he should be getting opportunities to coach national team or A team or U19 team.

I feel for Mukhtar.
    Last edited by Bouncer; 21st March 2018 at 18:56.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    TBF to him, not the ideal conditions to get your big moment. Chasing 170 in 16 overs in a big semi final. Cant really write him off. Deserves a proper run at the top the way Asad Shafiq and Ahmad Shahzad have had
    This basically. Really unfair to judge him on one game where Denley was struggling to get a bat on the ball with the new ball seaming all over.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's not there yet

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't have much hope from him but unfair to judge him on this performance alone.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mukhtar Ahmed scored 161 runs of 107 balls.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gun player

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned