Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

PCB sends legal notice to ICC for settlement of their dispute with BCCI

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Thursday sent a legal notice to the International Cricket Council (ICC) for settling a matter pertaining to India’s reluctance to play a series with Pakistan despite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).

The PCB has asked the ICC for forming a Dispute Resolution Committee to adjudicate the matter as the Indian cricket board has breached the MoU signed between them.

In 2014, the PCB and Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) inked a MoU deciding that two archrivals were to play eight bilateral series between 2015-2023.

However, the BCCI has repeatedly rejcted Pakistan’s request for holding the matches.

Earlier this year, the PCB sent a legal notice to its Indian counterpart for not fulfilling its promise and warned of initiating legal action against it.

After the repeated refusal by India, the PCB decided to pursue compensation claim case against the BCCI with the ICC.

According to media reports, Pakistan has claimed US$67 million as they incurred losses due to India’s refusal to play Pakistan.

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/spor...-india-series/

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the BCCI can pay off those $67 million USD quite easily.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I think the BCCI can pay off those $67 million USD quite easily.
    But why will they pay off a dine?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come asking to setup a Dispute Resolution Committee accounts to a 'legal notice' ??

Nothing will happen as ICC is literally a dummy when it comes to commanding BCCI, so as it looks to me nothing will happen unless a cash rich BCCI thinks to pay the money on its own !

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    But why will they pay off a dine?
    Just saying that they can afford to pay off. Of course they won't give in to such demands unless there is no way out.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Honour the MOU.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not see how the ICC has any say in this. The MOU was signed between PCB and BCCI with no involvement or oversight from the ICC. This will be just a waste of time. The PCB should pursue this legal action directly with the BCCI though not sure which court will have jurisdiction in this matter.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Abdullah719 thanks for posting the MOU. This is the first time I am seeing the MOU.

Though the MOU lays out everything, I do not see anything that is legally binding in the verbiage. I think both parties know this, which is why this has dragged on this long. Unfortunately the PCB is not going to get anything from this.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    @Abdullah719 thanks for posting the MOU. This is the first time I am seeing the MOU.

Though the MOU lays out everything, I do not see anything that is legally binding in the verbiage. I think both parties know this, which is why this has dragged on this long. Unfortunately the PCB is not going to get anything from this.
    on this useless MOU basis they are making noise, sethi has anything else to do?

India does not want to play , tired of these empty threats from PCB.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jadaja View Post

I agree, this whole exercise has/will been a waste of time, energy and money.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Just saying that they can afford to pay off. Of course they won't give in to such demands unless there is no way out.
    Not demands. Just another broken legal contract by bottom of the shoe administrators. Not surprised. BCCI have a history of not paying their partners, even when the tournament is held.

No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Its good they did it. Reality is if you don't want anything to change, then you do nothing.

In this case, whether PCB will or will not get anything, we are int he right here. We signed this new bilateral structure (and big 3 agreement) with the agreement that they would honour the MoU. We want to show they are full of **. World may not take notice today or do anything but eventually, everyone gets their come uppance.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Not demands. Just another broken legal contract by bottom of the shoe administrators. Not surprised. BCCI have a history of not paying their partners, even when the tournament is held.
    Let's be honest, to sustain and survive the post of chief of PCB, they need to show this to distract attention from their own deficits and corruption and what else is better than to drag BCCI at any given chance. Please stop begging for money and matches, THERE IS NO LEGAL CONTRACT.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rashmin View Post
    Let's be honest, to sustain and survive the post of chief of PCB, they need to show this to distract attention from their own deficits and corruption and what else is better than to drag BCCI at any given chance. Please stop begging for money and matches, THERE IS NO LEGAL CONTRACT.
    No begging. Just telling the truth for the corrupt board BCCI is. No need to dance around it.

No please, go to rediff or something if you want to fill yourself up on propaganda.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Let this play out and see what happens. However, both parties should accept whatever decision comes their way

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its good they did it. Reality is if you don't want anything to change, then you do nothing.

In this case, whether PCB will or will not get anything, we are int he right here. We signed this new bilateral structure (and big 3 agreement) with the agreement that they would honour the MoU. We want to show they are full of **. World may not take notice today or do anything but eventually, everyone gets their come uppance.

Mou is not a contract and why should BCCI honor it if their govt does not want to do, all this shows is PCB is just after money and will do anything to get the money.

There is no other incentive for PCB other than getting money from these tours, if they came across people who are flag bearers of peace then may be the whole world can sympathize with them.

PCB has always vindictive, selfish petty and self centered and these things just confirm it.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, time for the corrupt and useless PCB to lose some more money in legal costs, hopefully BCCI extract every dollar spent in legal costs from their side too after PCB loses this useless case.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually contracts have conditions which can allow it to be broken. In this case the condition is the big 3 and nothing in their regarding permission from governments.

Although their case is weak but their is a base.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Let this play out and see what happens. However, both parties should accept whatever decision comes their way
    There is nothing to playout , all this noise is coming from PCB.BCCI has no obligation to PCB.ICC has business of getting into it.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    There is nothing to playout , all this noise is coming from PCB.BCCI has no obligation to PCB.ICC has business of getting into it.
    Read the threads carefully and the first post to understand what is happening here.

Yes, as an Indian supporter you may not like what you see but the PCB is playing by the rules.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB should at be able to extract legal fee spend on this useless adventure. Most probably it will fizzle out.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Fully support the PCB in doing whatever they can to make sure the BCCI and the ICC does not get away with this. As patriotic Pakistani's we must support the PCB and Sethi in this endeavour and not adopt the looserish attitude that "oh it is pointless", "oh it will never work" e.t.c.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As that guy Nadeem Khan of Geo said, if a Sethi can get 70 mil out of this piece of paper then he be declared lifelong president of PCB

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the PCB is in the right here. But looking at the other side, the BCCI is bound by the Indian government. The policies of the Indian government supersedes anything and everything that the BCCI has signed or agreed to.

Which is why I believe this legal pursuit is futile.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Fully support the PCB in doing whatever they can to make sure the BCCI and the ICC does not get away with this. As patriotic Pakistani's we must support the PCB and Sethi in this endeavour and not adopt the looserish attitude that "oh it is pointless", "oh it will never work" e.t.c.
    Not sure what the ICC is getting away with here. In fact the ICC has zero involvement in this matter.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Not sure what the ICC is getting away with here. In fact the ICC has zero involvement in this matter.
    From not playing their part and acting strict with the BCCI for blatantly violating agreements.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No begging. Just telling the truth for the corrupt board BCCI is. No need to dance around it.

No please, go to rediff or something if you want to fill yourself up on propaganda.
    Where is the legal contract that BCCI has to follow??? I think Najam Sethi and Co. should go to rediff or something to portrait their propaganda.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by munirnadeem View Post
    Usually contracts have conditions which can allow it to be broken. In this case the condition is the big 3 and nothing in their regarding permission from governments.

Although their case is weak but their is a base.
    I still do not see anything in the MOU that favors the PCB in a legal recourse. If I were the PCB, I would not spend the $$ in legal fees, instead ask the ICC to go the arbitration route. That will make more sense.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From not playing their part and acting strict with the BCCI for blatantly violating agreements.
    But this was a bilateral MOU outside the ICC's governance. I believe all bilateral's are in the FTP. The ICC is never involved in any agreements in the FTP. Which I think precludes them from saying anything. Not that the ICC has the guts to say anything anyway.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To my dear Indian friends: legally binding or not, you promised something in return for our support. Looks like this MOU or letter or whatever you want to call it, is written by your board addressed to the PCB. We did not send it to you. We have lived upto our word, please honour yours

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the reason behind all this is PCB is in desperate need of money to survive their failed venture PSL.
    Let them whine but they are not getting a dime out of this.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that strikes me, looking at the MOU, where is the letterhead? The letter is not even printed on letterhead, how amateurish.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader View Post
    To my dear Indian friends: legally binding or not, you promised something in return for our support. Looks like this MOU or letter or whatever you want to call it, is written by your board addressed to the PCB. We did not send it to you. We have lived upto our word, please honour yours
    This is what the Indians don't understand or are refusing too. A contract does not have to be legal or written only, it can be expressed verbally and a promise to receive something in exchange of something can be regarded as a genuine contract in the court of law and the BCCI back then clearly said in words to the PCB that if the PCB gave their vote to the BCCI then they will get these tours in return. The BCCI went back so arrogantly as if nothing was ever promised in the first place.

The point is not just plain black and white win or lose, but to make a point and to give headaches to the other party that we will not take any more crap.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 30th November 2017 at 18:23.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    No letter head.No Stamp of BCCI.This isnt an agreement or even a MoU.At the most this may be a letter of Intent.The letter explicitly states that

1.BCCI will make all efforts to organise series.Bcci did apply to GOI for clearance it was refuses.So bcci is in the safe here as this is a force majeure.

2.The letter states that bcci and pcb will sign a ftp agreement in this regard.That agreement was never signed.

Pcb is desperate for money here but they wont get it from India.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abhayjj View Post
    the reason behind all this is PCB is in desperate need of money to survive their failed venture PSL.
    Let them whine but they are not getting a dime out of this.
    Yes may be the case.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes may be the case.
    They turned a profit of US$2.6M Not great but hardly a failed venture either.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No letter head.No Stamp of BCCI.This isnt an agreement or even a MoU.At the most this may be a letter of Intent.The letter explicitly states that

1.BCCI will make all efforts to organise series.Bcci did apply to GOI for clearance it was refuses.So bcci is in the safe here as this is a force majeure.

2.The letter states that bcci and pcb will sign a ftp agreement in this regard.That agreement was never signed.

Pcb is desperate for money here but they wont get it from India.
    Have to agree. The paper didn't bear official designations and that's what will defeat it. I want Pakistan to play India and frankly an MOU is more binding than you think but based of this piece of paper it's not happening.

Only question now is: did they use Times New Roman or Calibri for the font?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    People here are naive, these points about legal paper, legal agreement, letterheads are all moot. Back then in 2014 the BCCI was scurrying around for support regarding the Big 3 proposal, contracts become legally binding even if there is verbal agreement b/w 2 parties, if there is understanding of the subject matter, it doesn't have to be on paper or in a legal documents, courts can enforce contracts even if things are verbal. The PCB should fight to the end and not give up.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 30th November 2017 at 18:24.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People here are naive, these points about legal paper, legal agreement, letterheads are all moot. Back then in 2014 the BCCI was scurrying around for support regarding the Big 3 proposal, contracts become legally binding even if there is verbal agreement b/w 2 parties, if there is understanding of the subject matter, it doesn't have to be on paper or in a legal documents, courts can enforce contracts even if things are verbal. The PCB should fight to the end and not give up.
    You are right about verbal agreements. But in which court? Which court will have jurisdiction in this case? A court that can give a verdict and enforce it.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 30th November 2017 at 18:24.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    You are right about verbal agreements. But in which court? Which court will have jurisdiction in this case? A court that can give a verdict and enforce it.
    How will they prove a verbal agreement?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's just he said, he said. But the courts do rule on verbal agreement. Though I doubt about verbal agreements involving millions of $$. I mean, who does a verbal agreement on something this big. It would be idiotic, not to mention unprofessional.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's just he said, he said. But the courts do rule on verbal agreement. Though I doubt about verbal agreements involving millions of $$. I mean, who does a verbal agreement on something this big. It would be idiotic, not to mention unprofessional.
    This isnt even a court.They are asking ICC to adjudicate here.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uuuummmm, In 2014 everyone and their aunty knew that the BCCI was looking to broker a deal so as to get the top 3 gain the most financial income. The entire cricketing media covered it and it was well documented that the BCCI was canvassing for votes and tried to get all the countries on board by making individual agreements with them which includes Pakistan. At the time Pakistan and South Africa werent too thrilled with the idea.

Statements were made in the media by both sides, statements were made through the media that PCB would only be happy to sign the MOU if BCCI genuinely agreed that Pakistan could play India over the next cricketing calendar. The whole saga couldnt be missed even if a cricketing fan wanted to.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isnt even a court.They are asking ICC to adjudicate here.
    The PCB have been threatening legal action for a while now. Perhaps they are wondering what I am wondering, which court to go to.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    Uuuummmm, In 2014 everyone and their aunty knew that the BCCI was looking to broker a deal so as to get the top 3 gain the most financial income. The entire cricketing media covered it and it was well documented that the BCCI was canvassing for votes and tried to get all the countries on board by making individual agreements with them which includes Pakistan. At the time Pakistan and South Africa werent too thrilled with the idea.

Statements were made in the media by both sides, statements were made through the media that PCB would only be happy to sign the MOU if BCCI genuinely agreed that Pakistan could play India over the next cricketing calendar. The whole saga couldnt be missed even if a cricketing fan wanted to.
    Valid points. Looks like there will be a lot of subpoenas issued if this goes to court. Though which court is still a big question.

Also this, what if the verbal agreement also included Indian government approval as a requisite?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Valid points. Looks like there will be a lot of subpoenas issued if this goes to court. Though which court is still a big question.

Also this, what if the verbal agreement also included Indian government approval as a requisite?
    They are going to the icc to adjudicate not any court as Zaka Ashraf said no court has jurisdiction unless pcb wants to go to a Indian court.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

These are heresay.A lot of things are said in the media or in a board room they are agreements.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I want to learn from that guy Sajay Patel - that guy can sell even VCR today, for cash.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are going to the icc to adjudicate not any court as Zaka Ashraf said no court has jurisdiction unless pcb wants to go to a Indian court.
    Does the PCB seriously thing the ICC will take action? I think Shashank Manohar is hiding under his desk. Good luck dragging him out and even better luck getting him to do something about the MOU.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I want to learn from that guy Sajay Patel - that guy can sell even VCR today, for cash.
    You are right. Looks like this guy can sell ice in Siberia and the PCB bought it.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Does the PCB seriously thing the ICC will take action? I think Shashank Manohar is hiding under his desk. Good luck dragging him out and even better luck getting him to do something about the MOU.
    This has a potential to be a full blown indo pak incident and most organisations wil try to stay away.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zn426 View Post
    They turned a profit of US$2.6M Not great but hardly a failed venture either.
    They ffinally were left with only 600k. What is the profit from PSL 2?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why ALL Indian posters on this thread have their lungis in a twist when they're a 100% confident that PCB will get nothing? BCCI has proved to be snakes...mooo par ram ram aur baghal mei churi

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Not sure why ALL Indian posters on this thread have their lungis in a twist when they're a 100% confident that PCB will get nothing? BCCI has proved to be snakes...mooo par ram ram aur baghal mei churi
    It is not about get lungis twisted, it is about real motive of PCB they care more about the money they are going with the series and not game in general or improving relationship between two nations.

Why are BCCI snakes, did they do anything to harm PCB.It is PCB who are the least diplomatic board which has fought with all boards.

They are vindictive and can you tell why they want Asia up to be moved out of India.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    The only salwars twisted are that of the PCB. They want indian money to fund their biryani bills.Not happening shakir bhai.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    They ffinally were left with only 600k. What is the profit from PSL 2?
    The money was distributed to the Franchises for the first season as part of the PSL initiation agreement. In the future the PCB made it clear to the Franchises that they will be responsible for their own finances and profits in future seasons and will not get any more handouts from the PCB.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shakirbhai, everyone knows whose knickers get twisted when India say "no" every time, cheers!!!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    The money was distributed to the Franchises for the first season as part of the PSL initiation agreement. In the future the PCB made it clear to the Franchises that they will be responsible for their own finances and profits in future seasons and will not get any more handouts from the PCB.
    So the net profit was 600k.

Pcb has declared profits of 2017?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the net profit was 600k.

Pcb has declared profits of 2017?
    I am telling you they(pcb) are finding it very difficult to run PSL with a massive loss they are having hence they need some financial assistance of any kind and who could be better to ask other than BCCI.

On the other day Najam sethi was teliing the media that PSL is not for them to make money but actually what he was implying was that they are not making any money out of it but loosing.

So you can draw your own conclusion.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abhayjj View Post
    I am telling you they(pcb) are finding it very difficult to run PSL with a massive loss they are having hence they need some financial assistance of any kind and who could be better to ask other than BCCI.

On the other day Najam sethi was teliing the media that PSL is not for them to make money but actually what he was implying was that they are not making any money out of it but loosing.

So you can draw your own conclusion.

Psl 1 profits were declared soon after the event.In a couple of months.

IDK if PSL 2 profits have been declared.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Not sure why any discussion of the rights and wrongs of this affair descends to the "I have more money so I have more clout" level!

Can we not simply discuss the merits of the case?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why any discussion of the rights and wrongs of this affair descends to the "I have more money so I have more clout" level!

Let's see what former PCB chief has to say!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They also invariably descend into these :

1. Wild conspiracy theories such as Everybody is out to get PCB
    2. How BCCI is a evil organization.
    3. How ICC dances to the tune of BCCI

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MONEY being the key word here. Which is why all this is happening.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really,pathetic stuff from PCB.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is not about get lungis twisted, it is about real motive of PCB they care more about the money they are going with the series and not game in general or improving relationship between two nations.

Why are BCCI snakes, did they do anything to harm PCB.It is PCB who are the least diplomatic board which has fought with all boards.

They are vindictive and can you tell why they want Asia up to be moved out of India.
    Please. So if Pakistan is not permitted to make any money off playing India, India should expect the exact same treatment-they may not make any money off of Pakistan. Pot, meet kettle. Since India has declared its stance, that all other countries may benefit from India and Pakistan must be harmed, therefore, Pakistan will apply the same treatment-India may not benefit at all from anything Pakistan does and may be harmed by Pakistan. Let Asia cup, U-19 cup, etc. be moved out of India. Let every money making event not sponsored by BCCI be moved out of India. It's eye for an eye, personally I think it will destroy cricketing relations in Asia which will eventually destroy the game, but it's really not unexpected for Pakistan to do so.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only salwars twisted are that of the PCB. They want indian money to fund their biryani bills.Not happening shakir bhai.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashmin View Post
    Shakirbhai, everyone knows whose knickers get twisted when India say "no" every time, cheers!!!
    This topic has been beaten to death. I find it surprising that only one or two Indians on PP have ever accepted the fact that BCCI played the sleazy game in all this. If you have a hard time seeing or admitting it then it's okay, but don't try to pin this all on PCB. BCCI's role in all this equally disgusting. And I know it's very painful for you all to admit to in public.

Pakistan, Pakistanis, and PCB are not going to let India, Indians, and BCCI get away from screwing us over. Let this play out and we shall see what happens...but if you guys think we will not try to level score then you guys must be kidding. PCB might fail but it will still try.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This topic has been beaten to death. I find it surprising that only one or two Indians on PP have ever accepted the fact that BCCI played the sleazy game in all this. If you have a hard time seeing or admitting it then it's okay, but don't try to pin this all on PCB. BCCI's role in all this equally disgusting. And I know it's very painful for you all to admit to in public.

Pakistan, Pakistanis, and PCB are not going to let India, Indians, and BCCI get away from screwing us over. Let this play out and we shall see what happens...but if you guys think we will not try to level score then you guys must be kidding. PCB might fail but it will still try.

PCB got no case here, they don't have anything legally binding and no court in the world has jurisdiction against bcci, if PCB want they can try the case in an Indian court but they know they will lose..

Now BCCI didn't play dirty they played smart, they wanted big 3 and PCB were opposing the idea they knew PCB are money hungry people whose vote can be bought so BCCI gave PCB a lollipop that we will play series with you.. BCCI tried maybe half heartedly to get permission from government and were refused.. End of story..

Morals learnt:
    1. PCB got played and BCCI got what it wanted... End of the day big 3 was dismissed and BCCI realised they got played by ECB and CA and the most powerful bloc the "Asian bloc" is now no more.. Both boards once again got played by the whites divide and rule again...

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    PCB got no case here, they don't have anything legally binding and no court in the world has jurisdiction against bcci, if PCB want they can try the case in an Indian court but they know they will lose..

Now BCCI didn't play dirty they played smart, they wanted big 3 and PCB were opposing the idea they knew PCB are money hungry people whose vote can be bought so BCCI gave PCB a lollipop that we will play series with you.. BCCI tried maybe half heartedly to get permission from government and were refused.. End of story..

Morals learnt:
    1. PCB got played and BCCI got what it wanted... End of the day big 3 was dismissed and BCCI realised they got played by ECB and CA and the most powerful bloc the "Asian bloc" is now no more.. Both boards once again got played by the whites divide and rule again...
    Great you encourage BCCI's sleazy behavior and in return cry like babies when Pakistan sends you guys a legal notice..Funny. We at least have Indians finally coughing out the truth. To you BCCI played smart but you actually confirmed what I wrote in my first post..."Moo par ram ram aur baghal mei churi"

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB is doing what is in their best interests. As an Indian fan I have no problems with what they are doing. Of course they'll have to look up to themselves. Let the higher authorities decide the outcome.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great you encourage BCCI's sleazy behavior and in return cry like babies when Pakistan sends you guys a legal notice..Funny. We at least have Indians finally coughing out the truth. To you BCCI played smart but you actually confirmed what I wrote in my first post..."Moo par ram ram aur baghal mei churi"
    I could care less about BCCI and doesn't matter if they get sued or not.. My post simply states the truth PCB can send as many legal notices they want they can't win because there is no case legally..

One can say BCCI played sleazy, dirty, cheated, etc whatever terms you want to use you can but Pakistanis here are forgetting one simple thing.. PCB was against big 3 idea because of money sharing and powers big 3 will get, but once BCCI offered them series they accepted... This is a clear cut definition of accepting bribe, now the person who promised the bribe didn't give the bribe..

At the end of the day BCCI didn't win as well if you look at it the Asian bloc is destroyed, ultimately if it wasn't for IPL being such big success and BCCI would have tried harder to get permission from government.. But since they don't need money from Pakistan series they don't care about it anymore..

Leave aside your emotions and then try and understand my posts, I don't have any problem in accepting anything done by BCCI and would gladly accept when they are in complete wrong.
    Last edited by big_gamer007; 1st December 2017 at 15:09.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could care less about BCCI and doesn't matter if they get sued or not.. My post simply states the truth PCB can send as many legal notices they want they can't win because there is no case legally..

One can say BCCI played sleazy, dirty, cheated, etc whatever terms you want to use you can but Pakistanis here are forgetting one simple thing.. PCB was against big 3 idea because of money sharing and powers big 3 will get, but once BCCI offered them series they accepted... This is a clear cut definition of accepting bribe, now the person who promised the bribe didn't give the bribe..

At the end of the day BCCI didn't win as well if you look at it the Asian bloc is destroyed, ultimately if it wasn't for IPL being such big success and BCCI would have tried harder to get permission from government.. But since they don't need money from Pakistan series they don't care about it anymore..

Leave aside your emotions and then try and understand my posts, I don't have any problem in accepting anything done by BCCI and would gladly accept when they are in complete wrong.
    Lets agree to disagree before this thread turns in to the usual. Also, your definition of bribe is not correct.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lets agree to disagree before this thread turns in to the usual. Also, your definition of bribe is not correct.

I don't do long debates anyways mate so after a couple of posts we would have agreed to disagree.. If you are willing to change your stance knowing that what you are against is against you in long term, because of something promised to you it is a bribe/favour..

BCCI is definitely not a saint here but PCB are definitely fools in this matter.. That's my only opinion on this matter..

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The asian bloc wasn't divided by England and AU, India/Pakistan/Bangladesh did that all on their own. When two of the major sides don't play each other and don't have cricketing ties, how do you expect to stand united? Sports is simply a microcosm of society as a whole. Every time India has played Pakistan it has engendered massive good will and enjoyment for both teams. Cricket can be a salve, cricket can be a cause for healing. It is very hard to hate someone when they are giving their all on the sporting field. In short-sports humanizes people, where war dehumanizes them. Pakistan and India have decided to dehumanize the other side by trying their very best to take everything they can from them. This is more India's fault than Pakistan's, but Pakistan shares in the blame.
    The question is what the two sides want-war? or cricket?

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a lot of misguided patriotism from certain poseters. Why are people saying that PCB is "begging for the money" when its money they are ENTITLED to as india were supposed to play pakistan, If its their entitlement then they have every right to fight for it, BCCI are bullies and have always pushed other governing bodies around, including the ICC.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please. So if Pakistan is not permitted to make any money off playing India, India should expect the exact same treatment-they may not make any money off of Pakistan. Pot, meet kettle. Since India has declared its stance, that all other countries may benefit from India and Pakistan must be harmed, therefore, Pakistan will apply the same treatment-India may not benefit at all from anything Pakistan does and may be harmed by Pakistan. Let Asia cup, U-19 cup, etc. be moved out of India. Let every money making event not sponsored by BCCI be moved out of India. It's eye for an eye, personally I think it will destroy cricketing relations in Asia which will eventually destroy the game, but it's really not unexpected for Pakistan to do so.
    If Pakistan does not want to cause any increase in revenue for BCCI, then they can choose to not play India at all. They can even forfeit their matches in the Asia Cup, World Cup etc if they want. Why would the Asia Cup be moved outside of India if the Indian government is fine with their team coming to India? If the team doesn't want to come to India, then Pakistan can take themselves out of the Asia Cup.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is a lot of misguided patriotism from certain poseters. Why are people saying that PCB is "begging for the money" when its money they are ENTITLED to as india were supposed to play pakistan, If its their entitlement then they have every right to fight for it, BCCI are bullies and have always pushed other governing bodies around, including the ICC.
    How are they entitled to it? Where is the legally binding agreement that India has to play with Pakistan?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The asian bloc wasn't divided by England and AU, India/Pakistan/Bangladesh did that all on their own. When two of the major sides don't play each other and don't have cricketing ties, how do you expect to stand united? Sports is simply a microcosm of society as a whole. Every time India has played Pakistan it has engendered massive good will and enjoyment for both teams. Cricket can be a salve, cricket can be a cause for healing. It is very hard to hate someone when they are giving their all on the sporting field. In short-sports humanizes people, where war dehumanizes them. Pakistan and India have decided to dehumanize the other side by trying their very best to take everything they can from them. This is more India's fault than Pakistan's, but Pakistan shares in the blame.
    The question is what the two sides want-war? or cricket?

It's a different discussion altogether but India joining with ECB, CA and forming Big 3 was final nail in coffin for Asian bloc.. Then ECB and CA ditched BCCI 2-3 years later and BCCI only had one ally left.. BCCI are lucky cricket is the biggest sport in India and the amount of money they make due to that..

Rest of your post about war and sports we can discuss in TP section if you want to open a thread..

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would not say PCB are begging for money nor I would say they are entitled for any money.. They can try and if they win congrats to them and hope they use the money to develop cricket further in Pakistan.. But IMO they don't stand a chance..

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    If Pakistan does not want to cause any increase in revenue for BCCI, then they can choose to not play India at all. They can even forfeit their matches in the Asia Cup, World Cup etc if they want. Why would the Asia Cup be moved outside of India if the Indian government is fine with their team coming to India? If the team doesn't want to come to India, then Pakistan can take themselves out of the Asia Cup.
    And there comes the blame shifting nonsense. I only see one side who says they don't want to play, and that side doesn't have Pakistan on the front of the uniform. Several posters on this board who support India have said that India has made it their policy that Pakistan should make no money off of them. Therefore it is upon India to decide whether or not they want to play Pakistan in tournaments.

Of course, now cricket all starves together as the base where cricket is strong suffers, but it is not Pakistan's responsibility to comply with India's conditions. It is India's to uphold their own standard.