Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 116 of 116
  1. #81
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,266
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zn426 View Post
    And there comes the blame shifting nonsense. I only see one side who says they don't want to play, and that side doesn't have Pakistan on the front of the uniform. Several posters on this board who support India have said that India has made it their policy that Pakistan should make no money off of them. Therefore it is upon India to decide whether or not they want to play Pakistan in tournaments.

    Of course, now cricket all starves together as the base where cricket is strong suffers, but it is not Pakistan's responsibility to comply with India's conditions. It is India's to uphold their own standard.
    I'm not shifting anything. You said that Pakistan should also do the same thing, and they can do so by choosing not to play with India. That doesn't mean tournaments should be moved to different countries for them. They can forfeit the matches if they want.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    738
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    I'm not shifting anything. You said that Pakistan should also do the same thing, and they can do so by choosing not to play with India. That doesn't mean tournaments should be moved to different countries for them. They can forfeit the matches if they want.
    Again, not moving the tournament means playing India's game. We know that holding the tournament in India is a great source of prestige and revenue for Indian cricket, so to harm India, the tournament should be hosted anywhere OTHER than India. Whether that's the UAE, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, or Malaysia is irrelevant. Moving tournaments are not meant to accommodate Pakistan-rather, it is to deny India the right to have revenue and economic benefits from Pakistan playing on its soil. In fact, this is what happened with the 2011 World Cup. Rather than Pakistan being permitted to host its home matches in the UAE, they were reallocated and Pakistan was given nothing at all. It's an ICC decision to move tournaments, so you can't blame it on Pakistan. Pakistan has the right to push and lobby ICC to move tournaments. If India doesn't like it they're free to forfeit matches or whine as they please.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    21,653
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    PCB got no case here, they don't have anything legally binding and no court in the world has jurisdiction against bcci, if PCB want they can try the case in an Indian court but they know they will lose..

    Now BCCI didn't play dirty they played smart, they wanted big 3 and PCB were opposing the idea they knew PCB are money hungry people whose vote can be bought so BCCI gave PCB a lollipop that we will play series with you.. BCCI tried maybe half heartedly to get permission from government and were refused.. End of story..

    Morals learnt:
    1. PCB got played and BCCI got what it wanted... End of the day big 3 was dismissed and BCCI realised they got played by ECB and CA and the most powerful bloc the "Asian bloc" is now no more.. Both boards once again got played by the whites divide and rule again...
    Bcci' s game at ICC isnt done.Soon Supreme court will finalise the bcci rules and then bcci will be free from SC.They will hit icc where it hurts.Bccis power is its money and that will only grow with the growing economy.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zn426 View Post
    Please. So if Pakistan is not permitted to make any money off playing India, India should expect the exact same treatment-they may not make any money off of Pakistan. Pot, meet kettle. Since India has declared its stance, that all other countries may benefit from India and Pakistan must be harmed, therefore, Pakistan will apply the same treatment-India may not benefit at all from anything Pakistan does and may be harmed by Pakistan. Let Asia cup, U-19 cup, etc. be moved out of India. Let every money making event not sponsored by BCCI be moved out of India. It's eye for an eye, personally I think it will destroy cricketing relations in Asia which will eventually destroy the game, but it's really not unexpected for Pakistan to do so.
    Your thoughts and attitude which reflects PCB's ideology also.That is why general Indian population are not clamoring for Indo pakistan series.

    BCCI is not running to Pakistan asking to play series.Asia Cup or any other multinational tournament , if PCB does not participate in those tournaments it will be loss for PCB not for BCCI.

    They will play Asia cup or any other tournament with or without PCB's approval.

    The benefit which BCCI will get if Pakistan participates or not in those multi national tournaments is negligible.

    India cricketing calendar is already over crowded , so they will not miss Pakistan series where as Pakistan desperately needs these series that is the fact even if you chose to ignore it.

    Cricket in Pakistan will be destroyed if they continue to be isolated and on top of it not play India.

    Indian cricket has functioned very well with or without Pakistan matches. PCB threatened to pull Pakistani player in early editions and once they did it was loss for Pakistani players only.They are still facing the consequences of PCB's follies.

    Any cricketing fan would endorse PCB if they appeared genuine and cared for betterment of region and sport.Reality is PCB shares your ideology and that will lead them nowhere.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    498
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jadaja View Post
    Your thoughts and attitude which reflects PCB's ideology also.That is why general Indian population are not clamoring for Indo pakistan series.

    BCCI is not running to Pakistan asking to play series.Asia Cup or any other multinational tournament , if PCB does not participate in those tournaments it will be loss for PCB not for BCCI.

    They will play Asia cup or any other tournament with or without PCB's approval.

    The benefit which BCCI will get if Pakistan participates or not in those multi national tournaments is negligible.

    India cricketing calendar is already over crowded , so they will not miss Pakistan series where as Pakistan desperately needs these series that is the fact even if you chose to ignore it.

    Cricket in Pakistan will be destroyed if they continue to be isolated and on top of it not play India.

    Indian cricket has functioned very well with or without Pakistan matches. PCB threatened to pull Pakistani player in early editions and once they did it was loss for Pakistani players only.They are still facing the consequences of PCB's follies.

    Any cricketing fan would endorse PCB if they appeared genuine and cared for betterment of region and sport.Reality is PCB shares your ideology and that will lead them nowhere.
    So it's PCB that doesn't care for the sport? Where on earth did you get this belief?

    It's BCCI that doesn't want to play ball.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    So it's PCB that doesn't care for the sport? Where on earth did you get this belief?

    It's BCCI that doesn't want to play ball.
    If PCB cares for sport they wouldn't threatening to pull out of tournaments. BCCI says when everything is ready from their govt they will play Pakistan.

    Why is PCB running here and there threatening legal action and all this mumbo jumbo.

    BCCI cares for sport that is why hosted Afghanistan and Ireland matches. They could have gone same route which PCB took against WI when their players left them stranded in middle of an ODI series but instead of going to to court against them they toured WI and benefitted West Indies cricket.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,723
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    In absence of cricket between Pakistan India, this case will become the focal point of rivalry!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  8. #88
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    25,085
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    BCCI must be taught a lesson that they cannot get away with everything. The PCB has every right to be compensated for their losses thanks to the BCCI.

  9. #89
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    67,247
    Mentioned
    1344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    PCB are banging their head against a brick wall.

    ICC will not support this at all.



  10. #90
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    25,085
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    PCB are banging their head against a brick wall.

    ICC will not support this at all.
    Then we send a legal notice to the ICC for not standing up to the BCCI. Difference bw the average person and successful entreprenuers is that ability to withstand pressure, opposition and take risks.

  11. #91
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    1,094
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zn426 View Post
    They turned a profit of US$2.6M Not great but hardly a failed venture either.
    True it's not failed venture but 2.6m well....jadeja or irfan pathan probably Make that much alone in1 season of ipl

  12. #92
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    25,085
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp812rediff View Post
    True it's not failed venture but 2.6m well....jadeja or irfan pathan probably Make that much alone in1 season of ipl
    Compared to the Sri Lanka Premier League, Bangladesh Premier League, the PSL has done very well. You can't compare PSL to the IPL at this stage.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Compared to the Sri Lanka Premier League, Bangladesh Premier League, the PSL has done very well. You can't compare PSL to the IPL at this stage.
    You think PSL will ever become even quarter as big as IPL.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    21,653
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Then we send a legal notice to the ICC for not standing up to the BCCI. Difference bw the average person and successful entreprenuers is that ability to withstand pressure, opposition and take risks.
    No one has taken the responsibility of baby sitting PCB and its problems. There is no law in ICC that can force a country to play another.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    25,085
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jadaja View Post
    You think PSL will ever become even quarter as big as IPL.
    Doubt it. If Big Bash League, English County T-20 league, CPL couldn't do it. PSL can't do it either but being second best is not bad either. PCB should actually be competing with the others. But the PSL has the potential to become the second biggest T-20 league in the world after IPL which is fine.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    25,085
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    No one has taken the responsibility of baby sitting PCB and its problems. There is no law in ICC that can force a country to play another.
    Sure but laws do exist to force one party to compensate the other for damages and losses.

  17. #97
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    567
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Sure but laws do exist to force one party to compensate the other for damages and losses.
    Yes, the laws do exist. But the PCB is knocking on the wrong door (ICC). The ICC is not going to do anything. Next option is legal recourse - courts. Now....to figure out which court.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    21,653
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Sure but laws do exist to force one party to compensate the other for damages and losses.
    ICC isnt a court.It has no jurisdiction to decide on validity of any papers or anything.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,723
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    ICC isnt a court.It has no jurisdiction to decide on validity of any papers or anything.
    Yes no court but BCCI are part of the ICC and as such need to follow some form of decent behaviour?!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  20. #100
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    339
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Yes no court but BCCI are part of the ICC and as such need to follow some form of decent behaviour?!
    Isn't ICC a body of the members rather than a regulating body ala FIFA, doubt it can do much.

    Also is that Mou posted real or fake?

  21. #101
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,723
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Isn't ICC a body of the members rather than a regulating body ala FIFA, doubt it can do much.

    Also is that Mou posted real or fake?
    We will find out soon enough but it will set a precedent for sure.

    MoU doc - cant vouch for anything in this day and age!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  22. #102
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    339
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    We will find out soon enough but it will set a precedent for sure.

    MoU doc - cant vouch for anything in this day and age!
    Fair enough, I asked because it won't stand in any legal court case, contractual document not even on letter head of BCCI or stamped as such not to mention the language is more we will sign an actual FTP than this is the FTP will take some doing to be accepted especially when the agreement is between artificial persons.

  23. #103
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,723
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Fair enough, I asked because it won't stand in any legal court case, contractual document not even on letter head of BCCI or stamped as such not to mention the language is more we will sign an actual FTP than this is the FTP will take some doing to be accepted especially when the agreement is between artificial persons.
    But I think it would be very poor of BCCI personnel who were present at that signing to deny its existence. Surely they will have some memory and record/copy of this?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  24. #104
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    339
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    But I think it would be very poor of BCCI personnel who were present at that signing to deny its existence. Surely they will have some memory and record/copy of this?
    But it is a page not an agreement, whose existence is as yet unknown. BCCI seem to be arguing there is no agreement and PCB have yet to prove anything to the contrary.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    21,653
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Yes no court but BCCI are part of the ICC and as such need to follow some form of decent behaviour?!

    I take it MIG that you have some experience in handling financial and legal documents.Tell me is this letter anything more than a LOI?Even that may be stretching it.

    Situation is beyond BCCIs control.Its now a matter that involves the govt and state itself.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    21,653
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Isn't ICC a body of the members rather than a regulating body ala FIFA, doubt it can do much.

    Also is that Mou posted real or fake?
    That letter is more or less the so called MoU.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,723
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    But it is a page not an agreement, whose existence is as yet unknown. BCCI seem to be arguing there is no agreement and PCB have yet to prove anything to the contrary.
    Then there is probably cause for BCCI to sue PCB for lying!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  28. #108
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    339
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Then there is probably cause for BCCI to sue PCB for lying!
    BCCI will never go for that, onus with any allegation is on the accuser. What I consider a valid agreement may not necessarily be a valid agreement but does not mean I am a lying unless it is proven that i knew the agreement to be invalid and still wilfully tried to mislead the other person.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,816
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Then there is probably cause for BCCI to sue PCB for lying!
    So the BCCI should sue the PCB for lying at the ICC?

    There;s no law against lying, doing so on a public platform, for instance during elections, or wrt financial dealings is illegal. There is no legal case for PCB, let alone BCCI.
    Last edited by R0H1T; 2nd December 2017 at 08:52.

  30. #110
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,723
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    I take it MIG that you have some experience in handling financial and legal documents.Tell me is this letter anything more than a LOI?Even that may be stretching it.

    Situation is beyond BCCIs control.Its now a matter that involves the govt and state itself.
    But we are overanalysing these documents. For all we know, this is how things have been done in the past. Only difference is that things are going to committees etc so expect people to become much more cautious in the future. Which isnt a bad thing.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  31. #111
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,361
    Mentioned
    792 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    England have boycotted Zimbabwe for many years and the ICC have done nothing. I don't know what the ICC can do given this was a bilateral agreement between two boards.

  32. #112
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Westindies and Australia if I am wrong did not play in Srilanka in 1996 world cup but they forfeited those games.PCB can do that to all future matches which are played in India.

    Other than that no other board can force either ICC or any other country's board to do anything.PCB stopped its players from playing IPL and in subsequent IPLs the team stopped bidding for them.

    PCB is sadly mistaken if it think they can somehow force BCCI to do anything.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,301
    Mentioned
    685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Will Make Space For India-Pakistan Bilateral Series Only After Government's Nod: BCCI

    New Delhi: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)’s Joint Secretary Amitabh Chaudhary on Monday (December 11) said that if the government allows the board will create a window for bilateral series between rivals India and Pakistan.

    “If the government agrees will make space for India-Pakistan bilateral series,” Chaudhary was quoted as saying by ANI after the board’s Special General Meeting (SGM).

    India and Pakistan have not played against each other in the bilateral series since 2012 when Pakistan toured India for a short limited-overs series. With tensions between the two countries, the traditional-rivals have not played a full bilateral series since 2007.

    However, India and Pakistan continue to play against each other at multinational tournaments or at ICC events. The recent being Champions Trophy in England, when the teams met twice in the tournament including the finals.

    Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has been keen on resuming the cricketing ties with India. With BCCI not honouring a memorandum of understanding signed in 2014, PCB decided to legal action.

    “Our case is that the BCCI signed a MoU with us in 2014 to play six bilateral series, starting with our home series, which they have not done as yet. Secondly, they have avoided playing us in bilateral series since 2008 although they have no issues playing against us in ICC events,” the then PCB chairman Najam Sethi said.

    http://www.india.com/sports/if-gover...etary-2738779/


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  34. #114
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    17,301
    Mentioned
    685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PCB Press release on ICC cricket structures

    Lahore December 11:

    PCB wishes to clarify some reports in the media regarding the ongoing meetings on the new proposed ICC International Cricket Structures and the effect of these on the ICC Future Tours Programme with specific reference to Pakistan v India Series.

    Since the onset of these discussions, PCB has reiterated its position on bilateral series vs India. Our position is that PCB’s agreement to the revised structures for international cricket is subject to the condition that PCB has a valid agreement to play bilateral matches with India and India vs Pakistan matches would be included in the FTP. This continues to be our position.

    PCB has also informed the ICC that it has initiated a dispute resolution process against the BCCI under the ICC Dispute Resolution Committee Terms of Reference. Further to that the PCB’s claim is based on an existing agreement with the BCCI which contemplates that India will tour Pakistan in December 2019, August 2020 and Nov – Dec 2022 and Pakistan will tour India in Nov – Dec 2021.

    Under the prevailing circumstances, it is PCB’s position that if the Dispute Resolution Committee decides the dispute in PCB’s favour then any FTP will need to be adjusted to reflect the decision. Any agreement of the PCB to any new FTP structure will therefore be without prejudice to its existing claims against BCCI and will be subject to the outcome of the ICC dispute resolution process.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  35. #115
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    738
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jadaja View Post
    Your thoughts and attitude which reflects PCB's ideology also.That is why general Indian population are not clamoring for Indo pakistan series.

    BCCI is not running to Pakistan asking to play series.Asia Cup or any other multinational tournament , if PCB does not participate in those tournaments it will be loss for PCB not for BCCI.

    They will play Asia cup or any other tournament with or without PCB's approval.

    The benefit which BCCI will get if Pakistan participates or not in those multi national tournaments is negligible.

    India cricketing calendar is already over crowded , so they will not miss Pakistan series where as Pakistan desperately needs these series that is the fact even if you chose to ignore it.

    Cricket in Pakistan will be destroyed if they continue to be isolated and on top of it not play India.

    Indian cricket has functioned very well with or without Pakistan matches. PCB threatened to pull Pakistani player in early editions and once they did it was loss for Pakistani players only.They are still facing the consequences of PCB's follies.

    Any cricketing fan would endorse PCB if they appeared genuine and cared for betterment of region and sport.Reality is PCB shares your ideology and that will lead them nowhere.
    Remind me again who refuses to play who? PCB's ideology is to play India because the rivalry makes the sport better. India's ideology is to harm Pakistan by refusing to play them outside of ICC tournaments. Who developed Afghanistan to the point of being a quality cricketing country? It was not India, it was Pakistan. India did nothing for years while PCB hosted Afghan teams in Pakistan, let them use the NCA, and was the first Full Member Afghanistan faced in an ODI. After all that India rushed in and bribed ACB with money in return for playing in India, etc. Pakistan is the one building the sport while India during their Big 3 play took money allocated for development of the game in order to fill their own pockets. We know that the word of the BCCI, written or otherwise, means nothing. All BCCI has is money.

    Sethi isn't a great leader, he also only cares about money, but mark my words-Pakistan is destined to save cricket. India is working to destroy it, even if they don't realize it yet.

  36. #116
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    567
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zn426 View Post
    Remind me again who refuses to play who? PCB's ideology is to play India because the rivalry makes the sport better. India's ideology is to harm Pakistan by refusing to play them outside of ICC tournaments. Who developed Afghanistan to the point of being a quality cricketing country? It was not India, it was Pakistan. India did nothing for years while PCB hosted Afghan teams in Pakistan, let them use the NCA, and was the first Full Member Afghanistan faced in an ODI. After all that India rushed in and bribed ACB with money in return for playing in India, etc. Pakistan is the one building the sport while India during their Big 3 play took money allocated for development of the game in order to fill their own pockets. We know that the word of the BCCI, written or otherwise, means nothing. All BCCI has is money.

    Sethi isn't a great leader, he also only cares about money, but mark my words-Pakistan is destined to save cricket. India is working to destroy it, even if they don't realize it yet.
    The BCCI cannot take anything. The $$ were in control of the ICC. The ICC was the one who transferred the money to BCCI. The ICC is at fault in this case.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •