Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Talent Spotter : Nasir Nawaz

A profile of a young batting all-rounder from South Waziristan whose big hitting in the recently concluded National T20 Cup caught the eye of many Pakistani cricket enthusiasts.

Name:  IMG-20161215-WA0022.jpg
Views: 7172
Size:  110.4 KB

Full name: Nasir Nawaz

Born: October 5, 1998, South Waziristan

Batting style: Right-hand bat

Bowling style: Right-arm medium-fast

Major teams: Pakistan Under-19s, Rawalpindi

Interest in Cricket

I first got interested in playing cricket watching my elder brother who used to play every Sunday in a ground nearby our house. I would accompany my brother and carry his kit. Sometimes I would get to pick up his bat or at other times, throw the ball at batsmen. At that time, I also saw players from the Bajwa Cricket Academy which was run by famous coach Asif Bajwa. I liked the way Asif Bajwa would enforce discipline and teach the young kids how to bat and bowl; the effort he put in was great and I too wanted to be part of this setup.

I told my father about it and he took me along for trials, but I was only 11 years old and I was told that I was too young to join the academy. But I didnít give up and I would go to the Bajwa academy with my kitbag on a bicycle on a journey which took almost 2 hours. I was eventually admitted in the academy but for the first 2 years I was only allowed to field. I only got to bat in 2012 after putting in some hard time in the field, but I made an impact immediately when I made my batting debut. I recall that in that game, I went in to bat a time when eight wickets were down and the team looked like losing this match. I came on the field and scored 29 runs to win the game for the club. Asif Bajwa was really impressed by my batting and I became opener for the club for a few years.

Playing U16 cricket for Rawalpindi region

With the confidence of playing club cricket, I went for trials for regional U16s in 2012. At that time, I had little idea of how the whole system worked and what level of maturity was expected of players but I am thankful to Asif Bajwa who got me ready for these trials and his work made sure that I was selected for Rawalpindi Under 16s. Because of his support, my confidence was sky-high as I played my first U16 regional tournament, the Pepsi PCB Cricket Stars Under-16s Tournament 2012/13, where I was the top scorer with 220 runs. The next year wasn't that productive for me as I just played 2 games and scored only 43 runs in total, but for me all that was part of learning to cope with ups and downs in cricket and hopefully, that was a lesson I learnt for my future.

Joining Gul Club in Rawalpindi and playing U19 for Rawalpindi Region

On completion of my U16 years, I said goodbye to Bajwa Club and joined the Gul Club in Rawalpindi in 2015 as that was a better placed club for U19 cricket. I was then selected for U19 team for the Rawalpindi region. Despite some initial difficulties where my batting position was not settled, I found my place in the team as an opener. Then in the Inter-Region U19 tournament (2015/2016), I played 5 matches scoring 233 runs and had an impressive haul of 15 wickets. These performances did not go unnoticed by the selectors when it came to selection for the squad for the ACC U19 Asia Cup in 2016 which was held in Sri Lanka.

Captaining Pakistan U19 in the ACC U19 Asia Cup 2016 in Sri Lanka

I was invited to a preparatory camp for the ACC U19 Asia Cup in 2016 and was selected to play for the team. They asked me if I would like to captain the team and I agreed even though I had no real experience of captaincy at this level. I suppose the weight of captaincy on my shoulders took its toll and I could only score 70 runs in the tournament, although I took 4 wickets which was somewhat satisfying. As a team, we could not qualify for the semi-final stage and so overall this was not a great outing for the Pakistan U19s.

Experience of playing Pakistan Cup in 2017

I played two matches for Punjab team in the Pakistan Cup in 2017. Although I had always played as an opener, for some reason, I was asked to play as a fast-bowler. Whilst I am quite happy calling myself an all-rounder, it was a tough call for me as this was my List A debut season and I did not perform that well, scoring just 27 runs and taking one wicket in 2 games that I played.

Playing in National T20 Cup 2017

I played three games for Rawalpindi in this tournament but the one that I and many others remember was my innings of 42 against FATA. This was a tough run-chase, but I really enjoyed it and contributed in my teamís dramatic victory with one ball remaining. I really like playing Day/Night cricket and when I was told the day before that I will open the innings, I was really happy, and I guess my confidence paid off on that day. I did enjoy playing those big shots that day and hopefully this is the first of many such innings I will play in the future.

Hardik Pandya as role model

I feel that I can serve any team I play in as a fast-bowling all-rounder who can open the innings in batting. In terms of a role model, the Indian all-rounder Hardik Pandya is my role model. I really like and enjoy his style of play and I like many was impressed in the way he played against us in the final of the Champions Trophy. Faheem Ashraf is another player I admire but since I am a right-hander, Pandya is closer to my style of game.

Hopes of playing for Pakistan A and future aspirations

Like any other player of my age and experience, my eyes are focused towards representing Pakistan A in the future. Hopefully based on good performances at that level, I will look for a position in the Pakistan senior side. Along the way, I would like to be part of the Pakistan U19 squad for the ICC U19 World Cup which is to be held in New Zealand early next year. The selection camp is underway, and I am hoping that I will get selected for this major tournament. Of course, the Pakistan Super League (PSL) is also one of the big things in Pakistan cricket and I would be overjoyed if I can get to play in one of the teams for this prestigious tournament.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very surprised he did not play again for pindi.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Very surprised he did not play again for pindi.
    They have another very talented youngster playing for them #SohailTanwir

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Used to play with him at Gul club, very talented player.

He is a proper batsmen, not a bowler.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He has a brother named abid. Good spinner and batsmen. If that guy becomes alittle more serious, he will also be playing pindi soon.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he eligible for u19 worldcup in 2018?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by run-out View Post
    He seemed to indicate he was.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of his shots in that innings were clean as a whistle. Hopefully he doesn't fade away like many other prospects have

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by run-out View Post
    Clarification on this. The cutoff is September for being U19. His birthday is in October.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Clarification on this. The cutoff is September for being U19. His birthday is in October.
    So not eligible?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    So not eligible?
    He is.

He had to be <19 in September. And he was.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok sir ! Thank you

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    He has a brother named abid. Good spinner and batsmen. If that guy becomes alittle more serious, he will also be playing pindi soon.
    What type of spinner?

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    963 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wrt U19 tournaments, I think "Age at Date of Final Match" is what they consider.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    place
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    What type of spinner?
    left arm off

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    963 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    left arm ORTHODOX
    Corrected

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    No place for Nasir in Pak U19 CWC squad.

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No place for Nasir in Pak U19 CWC squad.
    sad

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor decision not to select him for the U19 CWC. I suspect he spoke his mind too freely during the NT20 Cup. At this stage in his career, he needs to focus on his performances.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    So he missed out on the U19 World Cup squad.

No connections probably.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has Nawaz been picked up by any PSL team yet?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Frustrating that he is not part of either Pakistan under 19 World Cup Squad or PSL.

Two players who did not play Domestic U 19 Cricket for 1 year because they were deemed overage made a surprise comeback directly to Pakistan U 19 worldcup team (all of a sudden from nowhere)

But Nasir could not.

Nasir & Arif should have been openers for Pakistan in WC and both are absent from the squad :-)

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    It seems that he did not perform to selector's standards. He should not be in the team just because other good players are failing. Lets see how U19s do

As for Nasir his future does not end with the U19 WC non-selection

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He has been selected by Rawalpindi in their National T20 Cup squad for 2018.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    He has been selected by Rawalpindi in their National T20 Cup squad for 2018.
    The real Pakistani Kohli, isnt he @Abdullah719 ??

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think nasir nawaz needs to step up his game and score runs as i feel he can be the guy who could be invested in limited overs formats in future.....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    The real Pakistani Kohli, isnt he @Abdullah719 ??
    Better at hitting sixes

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Btw before we go on hyping him, do remember that he has only played 5 Limited over matches. He may turn out to be a dud.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully this talent isn't wasted.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see him back. Just hope the Rawalpindi give him opportunities.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Cricinfo he hasn’t played a game in 2018
    Any reason why
    I remember one player criticised the arrangements of a tournament last year, saying there isn’t enough crowds, I can’t remember if it was him or not
    But hope if it is him, that’s not the reason he hasn’t played a game this year

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedz View Post
    According to Cricinfo he hasn’t played a game in 2018
    Any reason why
    I remember one player criticised the arrangements of a tournament last year, saying there isn’t enough crowds, I can’t remember if it was him or not
    But hope if it is him, that’s not the reason he hasn’t played a game this year
    It was him, and most of us on PP have assumed that to be the reason for his disappearance

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shot at 1:08 reminded me of KP.

Clearing the front leg and launching one.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    It was him, and most of us on PP have assumed that to be the reason for his disappearance
    Yh I thought so, I was guessing the same aswell
    Really sad, if that’s the reason why he’s been left out

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    781 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great opportunity for Nawaz to showcase his talent, now that he has been selected by Islamabad. An outstanding PSL and he might be opening with Fakhar in WC .

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    ∑ Railway Stadium, Lahore

K. Electric: 295 all out, 58.1 overs (Nasir Nawaz 95, {86b, 11x4, 5x6}; Umair Bin Yousaf 68, {103b, 10x4, 1x6}; Jahanzaib Sultan 47, {52b, 9x4}; Hamza Nazar 5-88, Muhammad Rameez 3-66, Abdul Rauf 2-53)

Pakistan Railways: 88 for 3, 22 overs (Zain Ul Hasnain 29, {47b, 7x4}; Mohsin Pervaiz 20, {29b, 3x4}; Asad Raza 3-49)

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

K. Electric: 295 all out, 58.1 overs (Nasir Nawaz 95, {86b, 11x4, 5x6}; Umair Bin Yousaf 68, {103b, 10x4, 1x6}; Jahanzaib Sultan 47, {52b, 9x4}; Hamza Nazar 5-88, Muhammad Rameez 3-66, Abdul Rauf 2-53)

Pakistan Railways: 88 for 3, 22 overs (Zain Ul Hasnain 29, {47b, 7x4}; Mohsin Pervaiz 20, {29b, 3x4}; Asad Raza 3-49)
    Great, thnx Abdullah.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks bhai. Glad he has recovered. Disgraceful IU did not provide any update. Good to see UBY in the runs too.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One of those clips I havenít forgotten alongside Anwar Aliís banana swing destruction v India U19s.

Any update on Nasir Nawaz? Another over hype case or genuine case of a talent to keep an eye on?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo_14 View Post
    One of those clips I havenít forgotten alongside Anwar Aliís banana swing destruction v India U19s.

Any update on Nasir Nawaz? Another over hype case or genuine case of a talent to keep an eye on?
    I think he is playing for a second XI team atm, dont know which one though.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Big hundred in QEA 2nd XI vs KP.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo_14 View Post
    One of those clips I haven’t forgotten alongside Anwar Ali’s banana swing destruction v India U19s.

I thought it was just me. Not often a single clip catches your attention but this one certainly did. I always keep an eye out for his name popping up.

Unlucky he wasn’t given a proper run in the PSL.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really hope he knocks the door down and forces a promotion to the first XI. Looked so promising when he first came to attention

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    QeA, 2nd XI, Round 5, Day 1:

Northern’s Nasir Nawaz hit an unbeaten 147 as Northern amassed 344 for seven on the opening day of their Quaid-e-Azam Trophy three-day tournament for Second XIs, fifth-round fixture against Khyber Pakhtunkhwa at the State Bank Stadium in Karachi. The other two matches between Sindh and Balochistan and Central and Southern Punjab were dominated by the bowlers.

Nasir Nawaz enjoyed a great day with the bat as the middle-order batsman smashed 12 fours and six sixes in an unbeaten 147 off 189 balls to help Northern reach 344 for seven in 83 overs at close of first day’s play against Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
    Last edited by MenInG; 7th November 2020 at 21:27.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    And scores 47 runs in second innings too.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if i was misbah i would pick nasir nawaz in Pakistan t20 and keep playing him even if he fails in 10 matches because i believe he is the future of Pakistan

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    QeA, 2nd XI, Round 5, Day 1:

Northern’s Nasir Nawaz hit an unbeaten 147 as Northern amassed 344 for seven on the opening day of their Quaid-e-Azam Trophy three-day tournament for Second XIs, fifth-round fixture against Khyber Pakhtunkhwa at the State Bank Stadium in Karachi. The other two matches between Sindh and Balochistan and Central and Southern Punjab were dominated by the bowlers.

Nasir Nawaz enjoyed a great day with the bat as the middle-order batsman smashed 12 fours and six sixes in an unbeaten 147 off 189 balls to help Northern reach 344 for seven in 83 overs at close of first day’s play against Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
    Any PK player that can hit 6s needs a close inspection by the selectors. Lets hope the lad kicks on.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening for Northern vs Kpk. He really is a superb striker of the ball.
    Don't know what is his favorite batting position. How did he not get a go in the National T20?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Opening for Northern vs Kpk. He really is a superb striker of the ball.
    Don't know what is his favorite batting position. How did he not get a go in the National T20?
    Perhaps because he plays for Northern, which is already jampacked with superb strikers! Itís fantastic that even after donating Haider Ali, Zeeshan Malik, Rohail Nazir etc, Mohammad Wasim keeps the batsmen coming through!

What I like most is that he isnít afraid to give chances to technically correct youngsters who strike the ball well - most other coaches wait way too long.

Nasir Nawaz is only 22 years old. That indicates the kind of pipeline Wasim has set up. He focuses on developing young talents appropriately. Already he has his eyes on Mubasir Khan from U-19 cricket who heís looking to promote to second XI cricket quickly.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    played a good knock today but struggled a lot against sajid khan and finally got out to him.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    played a good knock today but struggled a lot against sajid khan and finally got out to him.
    I thought he played Sajid well, I didnít watch every ball but wherever I dropped in, he was maneuvering Sajid for singles and doubles and even brought up his 50 with a six against Sajid.

Overall it was a good battle to watch but I feel he did well.

Debut
    Oct 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope that Muhammad Wasim gets a gig with some team at PSL so that he can bring in talents like Nasir Nawaz and Zeeshan Malik into the PSL. We have had enough mediocre bowlers playing in the emerging category just so teams can give them 2 overs and keep the emerging category occupied by playing it safe.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    I thought he played Sajid well, I didn’t watch every ball but wherever I dropped in, he was maneuvering Sajid for singles and doubles and even brought up his 50 with a six against Sajid.

quite a few mishits , a catch missed between the legs of shortleg. He was finding it hard to counter the flight. He was totally deceived by the flight on the delivery he got out on.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt14 View Post
    I thought he played Sajid well, I didn’t watch every ball but wherever I dropped in, he was maneuvering Sajid for singles and doubles and even brought up his 50 with a six against Sajid.

I also think his game against spin was all at sea. He may have the shots to hit them but today his defence against Sajid was not up to the mark. Most of the defensive shots or pushs were played in the air.

Still a good innings and lets see but maybe First Class is not his best format.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw him against pace only. Looked very good. Impressed with his set up and trigger movement. Very obviously looks at Kohli as a role model.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shades of KL Rahul in his Batting.

Debut
    Aug 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waheed_sofi View Post
    Shades of KL Rahul in his Batting.
    Rahul and Pandya follow the same method which has been established by Kohli; the high bat swing, small back and across trigger with a wide stance.

Kohli has become the new prototype for batsmen in this day of age. This is similar to how in the 90's batsmen tried to follow Richards with a side on approach.
    Anwar, inzamam, mark Waugh, Martin Crowe, ponting were the followers of the Richards model.
    Last edited by Pacy with wisdom; 26th November 2020 at 13:45.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post
    Rahul and Pandya follow the same method which has been established by Kohli; the high bat swing, small back and across trigger with a wide stance.

Kohli has become the new prototype for batsmen in this day of age. This is similar to how in the 90's batsmen tried to follow Richards with a side on approach.
    Anwar, inzamam, mark Waugh, Martin Crowe, ponting were the followers of the Richards model.
    Could you make a thread on this? Would love to see visual comparisons

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacy with wisdom View Post

Even Abdullah Shafique is copying Kohli.

Though Babar Azam is completely different

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some of his shot were top class .Looking forward to see his bowling

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One weakness i saw was he is perfect candidate for lbw

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to see him getting chances again. Looked solid against pace needs to work on spin though. Think he will get to bowl too Mohammed Wasim mentioned in his interview that they see him as an all rounder.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KoyoAli View Post
    I hope that Muhammad Wasim gets a gig with some team at PSL so that he can bring in talents like Nasir Nawaz and Zeeshan Malik into the PSL. We have had enough mediocre bowlers playing in the emerging category just so teams can give them 2 overs and keep the emerging category occupied by playing it safe.
    Very good point raised, I have also noticed that PSL teams normally waste their emerging spot on the players who have no future for Pakistan and that is why I am against some posters' suggestion that there should be 2 emerging players.

Rarely you would see any franchise giving a chance to an emerging batsman especially in top order position.

Look at Lahore Qalandars this year. They simply wasted the spot despite the fact that the guys like Zeeshan Malik were available.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    From PCB report for Day 1 of Round 5 of QeA20:

Earlier, opener Nasir Nawaz provided a solid platform to Northern after his captain Nauman Ali elected to bat. Nasir made a 72-ball 68, which included 11 fours and three sixes, and knitted a 90-run opening stand with Sarmad Bhatti, who was dismissed by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa captain Khalid Usman on 24.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaddy View Post
    Very good point raised, I have also noticed that PSL teams normally waste their emerging spot on the players who have no future for Pakistan and that is why I am against some posters' suggestion that there should be 2 emerging players.

Rarely you would see any franchise giving a chance to an emerging batsman especially in top order position.

Look at Lahore Qalandars this year. They simply wasted the spot despite the fact that the guys like Zeeshan Malik were available.
    2 emerging but 1 has to bat in top 4

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Some of his shot were top class .Looking forward to see his bowling
    Any vidoes of his batting

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Any vidoes of his batting
    The official PCB YouTube channel I think will have a highlights package as well as the full game

Azaadi. InshAllah.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    The official PCB YouTube channel I think will have a highlights package as well as the full game
    Thankyou

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He looks very impressive to me. I genuinely think he's one to keep an eye out for.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He always had a good eye but, really seem to have improved his overall technique, back lift and stroke play technique.

NCA seems to be doing a pretty solid job in recent times with some young players. We can see a pretty good back lift and modern stroke play techniques in quite a few young batsmen.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KoyoAli View Post
    Would do wonders if he was coach for the 7th team and get to pick from scratch. Otherwise anytime wouldn't be bad too as he gives chances to youngsters

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batting now and looking great opening. His strike rate is great. Anyone seen his bowling in this match?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1470 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just looked through the numbers. Has the best strike rate in the tournament of anyone to make 200+ runs:

1. Nasir Nawaz ó AVG 37, SR 83
    2. Sharjeel Khan ó AVG 39, SR 79
    3. Faizan Riaz ó AVG 39, SR 78
    4. Hammad Azam ó AVG 72, SR 77
    5. Agha Salman ó AVG 75, SR 77
    6. Hussain Talat ó AVG 88, SR 75

Note that heís only played six innings and itís really his first season.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Set 200 to win, Northern helped by half-centuries from Nasir Nawaz, Umar Amin and Hammad Azam reached the target in 41.5 overs.

The foundations for the victory were laid with a 97-run partnership between opener Nasir and Umar. The two had come together with the scorecard reading three for one.

Nasir top-scored with 68 off 80 balls (nine fours and two sixes) he was supported by Umar at the other end, who returned unbeaten on 65.

Following Nasir’s dismissal by Umar Khan, who took two wickets, Umar stitched another solid alliance with Hammad that took Northern over the line.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly has the looks of someone having a future in LOI format with his blistering SR and power hitting ability. Needs to work on his consistency though.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a true shame that we have talent but the managements been sooooo crap, 90% of it is wasted.. and what we get are likes of Asad Shafiq's , Arsal Sheikhs, Ahmad Shahzad's Umar Akmal's playing and representing us ....

its just beyond pathatic and shameful that we see this day in day out.

by the looks of it , Hammad Azam and Nasir Nawaz might be on their way back into strong contention.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    its a true shame that we have talent but the managements been sooooo crap, 90% of it is wasted.. and what we get are likes of Asad Shafiq's , Arsal Sheikhs, Ahmad Shahzad's Umar Akmal's playing and representing us ....

its just beyond pathatic and shameful that we see this day in day out.

by the looks of it , Hammad Azam and Nasir Nawaz might be on their way back into strong contention.
    I think with less teams the mediore players will get filtered out and if they dont the coach could get the sack from the pcb

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    I think with less teams the mediore players will get filtered out and if they dont the coach could get the sack from the pcb
    exactly why so many mediocre players and most coaches / old players were against this new system ... their "rangbazi" will be sooo obvious.

even in this short spam, we see that Asad Shafiq and Sarfraz Ahmad were not the best batsmen / keeper batsmen in even domestic. bowlers like Rahat Ali and Sadaf Hussain who used to get 10 wickets per game are no where to be seen ... Imran Farhat decided to retire (seeing writing on the wall)

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellu_Katta View Post
    exactly why so many mediocre players and most coaches / old players were against this new system ... their "rangbazi" will be sooo obvious.

even in this short spam, we see that Asad Shafiq and Sarfraz Ahmad were not the best batsmen / keeper batsmen in even domestic. bowlers like Rahat Ali and Sadaf Hussain who used to get 10 wickets per game are no where to be seen ... Imran Farhat decided to retire (seeing writing on the wall)
    Also people like sami aslam know its goint to be tough to break into pakistan hence why hes gone to USA