Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 472
  1. #161
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    4,469
    Mentioned
    1155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Brilliant hundred by Shaun Marsh. Australia well on top now.

  2. #162
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,550
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Boycott is right. That's a shocking shot from Vince.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  3. #163
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,550
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Root throws it away again.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    86
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out root

  5. #165
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,346
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need Stokes

  6. #166
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Rooooooooooooooooooooooot


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  7. #167
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Root throws it away again.
    It really is becoming a big 2

    Do you think they can drop the Fab 4 and just call it the Big 2?

    Kane and Root are nowhere as good as Smith and Kohli.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  8. #168
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,550
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    It really is becoming a big 2

    Do you think they can drop the Fab 4 and just call it the Big 2?

    Kane and Root are nowhere as good as Smith and Kohli.
    The last two years have certainly opened up a gap between Smith/Kohli and Root/Kane.

    And it's getting larger by the day.

    Root has been the most disappointing because he has no excuse to lean on.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  9. #169
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    The last two years have certainly opened up a gap between Smith/Kohli and Root/Kane.

    And it's getting larger by the day.

    Root has been the most disappointing because he has no excuse to lean on.
    Seemed like a marketing ploy from journos tbh. It's good now that we have a clear hierachy of Smith and Kohli, then the rest.

    Kane and Root are really on the same level as every great batsmen today. They're not the bar like Smith and Kohli are.

    They hyped Kane and Root up like all time greats of the game, but I never really saw it. They'll be NZ/Eng greats, that's all.
    Last edited by Aman; 4th December 2017 at 04:13.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  10. #170
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    9,386
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Seemed like a marketing ploy from journos tbh. It's good now that we have a clear hierachy of Smith and Kohli, then the rest.

    Kane and Root are really on the same level as every great batsmen today. They're not the bar like Smith and Kohli are.

    They hyped Kane and Root up like all time greats of the game, but I never really saw it. They'll be NZ/Eng greats, that's all.
    Still, Kane and Root will still end their careers as the best batsman from their respective countries.

  11. #171
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Still, Kane and Root will still end their careers as the best batsman from their respective countries.
    Maybe Root, but Kane wont surpass Crowe (statistically he will) and I don't think he'll finish as an all time great of the game.

    The only all time greats of this era are Steyn, Amla, Ashwin, Kohli, Smith, Rabada and Hazlewood IMO.
    Last edited by Aman; 4th December 2017 at 04:28.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  12. #172
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    IMO Hardik Pandya has a better chance of finishing as an all time great cricketer than Kane and Root.

    I know it's early days, but he has the elite mentality and confidence needed to be successful.

    Obviously being an A/R helps.
    Last edited by Aman; 4th December 2017 at 04:32.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  13. #173
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    9,386
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    IMO Hardik Pandya has a better chance of finishing as an all time great cricketer than Kane and Root.

    I know it's early days, but he has the elite mentality and confidence needed to be successful.

    Obviously being an A/R helps.
    I think Root and Kane are equal if not better than Kohli in Tests.

    Only reason VK is looking million dollars right now is because of bullying poor attacks (SL, NZ, BD) on flat tracks.

    KW and Root very rarely play poor teams.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I think Root and Kane are equal if not better than Kohli in Tests.

    Only reason VK is looking million dollars right now is because of bullying poor attacks (SL, NZ, BD) on flat tracks.

    KW and Root very rarely play poor teams.
    Nah, both of them don't have the champion mentality Smith and Kohli possess. Both are match winners who can win you a match. Kane and Root aren't at that level and I wouldn't call them out and out match winners like those two.

    Btw Kohli was scoring runs against England too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  15. #175
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why is Malan in the team? You might as well just gift the wicket.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  16. #176
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    9,386
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Nah, both of them don't have the champion mentality Smith and Kohli possess. Both are match winners who can win you a match. Kane and Root aren't at that level and I wouldn't call them out and out match winners like those two.

    Btw Kohli was scoring runs against England too.
    I've never seen Kohli win his team a
    match against a good Test side in tough conditions.

    England doesn't count. 40 year old YK scored 200 against the same attack too.

    For example Smith's 100 at Pune. Or Kane's 192 at Sharjah.

  17. #177
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Why is Malan in the team? You might as well just gift the wicket.
    And his replacement is Ballance who's anything but. What the hell were England selectors thinking?


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  18. #178
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I've never seen Kohli win his team a
    match against a good Test side in tough conditions.

    England doesn't count. 40 year old YK scored 200 against the same attack too.

    For example Smith's 100 at Pune. Or Kane's 192 at Sharjah.
    Kane's knock was a supporting 100 to McCullums blitz.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  19. #179
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol, these Aussie commentators really do rub it in. Keep calling England players unlucky as if a bit of luck would've changed anything. They've said it so many times now, I'm confident they're being sarcastic and it's an inside joke.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Why is Malan in the team? You might as well just gift the wicket.
    The same question could be asked about Ballance and Vince. Haven't seen much of Stoneman but he doesn't look like he's going to last long at this level either.

  21. #181
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Will Aus enforce the follow on if it's an option?


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  22. #182
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiraeth View Post
    The same question could be asked about Ballance and Vince. Haven't seen much of Stoneman but he doesn't look like he's going to last long at this level either.
    Read above.

    Vince scored 83 last game and set the game up pretty well.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  23. #183
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    18,682
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Will Aus enforce the follow on if it's an option?
    No.


    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

  24. #184
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    9,386
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow look at the score. England suck. They're still living off that fluke series win in SA. Aside from that haven't done anything special. Would rate even New Zealand and maybe Sri Lanka ahead of them atm.
    Last edited by Rayyman; 4th December 2017 at 05:13.

  25. #185
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    No.
    You want to demoralize them futher by batting again and blasting another 300 runs?


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  26. #186
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Swann's commentary is hilarious. Forever the optimist.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  27. #187
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    This sucks.

    It would be better if it was Aus/India, NZ/Eng and WI/SL.
    Last edited by Aman; 4th December 2017 at 05:17.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  28. #188
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shot Bairstow.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  29. #189
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,162
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    112/5


    ...

  30. #190
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    I think India would be able to score runs on these pitches tbh.

    But we'd probably see scores of 500/5 dec from Aus.

    Aus would take a 4 match series 2-0.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  31. #191
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    36,209
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know that the Aussies don’t like the follow-on (partly thanks to Botham and Laxman) but surely as an exception it would be a good move here. England could potentially be going back in under lights tonight, and to be blunt with their currently shot mental state the whole thing could be over tomorrow afternoon.

  32. #192
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I know that the Aussies don’t like the follow-on (partly thanks to Botham and Laxman) but surely as an exception it would be a good move here. England could potentially be going back in under lights tonight, and to be blunt with their currently shot mental state the whole thing could be over tomorrow afternoon.
    That's what I was thinking when I brought it up.

    Could knock the top order tonight and finish the game session 1 tomorrow.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  33. #193
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    3,794
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too much strain on pacemen.. Follow-on isn't a favorable move unless 2 spinners are operating the attack.

    Especially Ausssie bowlers are already struggling with fitness.

  34. #194
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,550
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I think Root and Kane are equal if not better than Kohli in Tests.

    Only reason VK is looking million dollars right now is because of bullying poor attacks (SL, NZ, BD) on flat tracks.

    KW and Root very rarely play poor teams.
    Root's average vs NZ and BD is nothing to write home about.

    vs NZ: 39.53
    vs BANG: 24.50

    One could argue his average would go down if he played them more.

    Just like Virat hasn't done that well against WI (38.61 AVG). It's not always a given.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  35. #195
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    Too much strain on pacemen.. Follow-on isn't a favorable move unless 2 spinners are operating the attack.

    Especially Ausssie bowlers are already struggling with fitness.
    True, the Aussie bowlers are quite fragile too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  36. #196
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    3,794
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's their wickets that are so unforgiving.. Being pace bowler over there ain't easy.

  37. #197
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    18,682
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    You want to demoralize them futher by batting again and blasting another 300 runs?
    Yes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

  38. #198
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    18,682
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    It's their wickets that are so unforgiving.. Being pace bowler over there ain't easy.
    Doesn't seem too bad for Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood.


    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

  39. #199
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,764
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Doesn't seem too bad for Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood.
    He meant the hardness of the pitch.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  40. #200
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    6,809
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a catch from Nathan Lyon!

  41. #201
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    7 down.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  42. #202
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,410
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No chance for follow on. Oz will give their pacers every chance to rest & get through this 5 match series with no breakdowns.

  43. #203
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    27,428
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Tough luck for Ali and Bairstow. They were batting pretty well but ended up being dismissed by a couple of fantastic caught ans bowled.

  44. #204
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    4,962
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I know that the Aussies don’t like the follow-on (partly thanks to Botham and Laxman) but surely as an exception it would be a good move here. England could potentially be going back in under lights tonight, and to be blunt with their currently shot mental state the whole thing could be over tomorrow afternoon.
    A lot of people peddle that myth.

  45. #205
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    36,209
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Overton and Woakes, highest partnership in the innings - 33 not out. Acutely embarrassing stuff today!!

  46. #206
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    36,209
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    A lot of people peddle that myth.
    Definitely not a myth

  47. #207
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    6,809
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Overton and Woakes, highest partnership in the innings - 33 not out. Acutely embarrassing stuff today!!
    Not surprising, they are looking to score runs. Others were at the pitch to play balls.

  48. #208
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,684
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I know that the Aussies don’t like the follow-on (partly thanks to Botham and Laxman) but surely as an exception it would be a good move here. England could potentially be going back in under lights tonight, and to be blunt with their currently shot mental state the whole thing could be over tomorrow afternoon.
    Why risk it?


    Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

  49. #209
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    18,525
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dunno why people are talking about the follow-on, Woakes is going to score a ton and drag England back into this game

  50. #210
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,163
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Dunno why people are talking about the follow-on, Woakes is going to score a ton and drag England back into this game
    Well done


    Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

  51. #211
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    18,525
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Well done
    The only explanation is that Woakes decided he had punished the Aussies bowlers enough to make them want to run into the dressing room instead of enforcing the follow-on, so he gave his wicket away to make sure that England can bowl under the lights.

    Woakes is a genius

  52. #212
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    4,962
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Definitely not a myth

    Steve Waugh was captain in the Laxman match and in the next seven matches following that match where Australia had the opportunity to make the opposition follow on they did.

    Thats why its a myth.

  53. #213
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    5,608
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So England bundled out for 227, trailing behind by 215 runs. Ideally Australia would like to bat for 3 sessions, and pile on about 250 runs before putting in England under lights tomorrow. Holding up for 4 full sessions, with 2 of them being under lights, I honestly see no way in which England can save this match.


    The day d last tree died, d last river poisond & d last fish caught,we'll realize we can't eat money

  54. #214
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    7
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another third innings ton from Warner?

  55. #215
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    26
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nathon Gary Lyon ending careers

  56. #216
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    7
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One can suspect that, if Warner survives until the close, he will be rewarded handsomely for his patience tomorrow. His strike rate in this series is 57, his lowest in Australia.

  57. #217
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    731
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson on fire

  58. #218
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,550
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)


    Aussies pulling a Pakistan here.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  59. #219
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,550
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Oh wow!

    Smith survives.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  60. #220
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    731
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson reaction after not out 😂😂

  61. #221
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,234
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia just need a 100 more runs.England won’t be able to chase anything over 300.

  62. #222
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,391
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Australia just need a 100 more runs.England won’t be able to chase anything over 300.
    I don't see England winning either but the one thing I'll say in mitigation is that in day-night Tests, pitches don't tend to deteriorate as much as it doesn't get baked under the sun for as long.

    Last year the pitch was still good for batting for Pakistan's 2nd innings in Brisbane. West Indies in Dubai last year went long in their 2nd innings too.

  63. #223
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    22,853
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luck going England's way. Two umpires call on both lbws.

  64. #224
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Aus might regret not enforcing the follow on.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  65. #225
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,391
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Ball is seaming around and England's FM bowlers looking far more threatening.

  66. #226
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,464
    Mentioned
    2192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Only 2 overs to survive, if they do that without losing a few more they should be safe.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  67. #227
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,550
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    This is quality swing bowling.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  68. #228
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    798
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't think these Ashes would be worth watching, but exciting last session of play. The Ashes are alive

  69. #229
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,550
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    They need to come out strong with their bowling early tomorrow or this effort will go to waste.

    Don't see them even getting close to anything over 350.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  70. #230
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    27,428
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Interesting game this. England still with an outside chance of making this a close one.

  71. #231
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    1,593
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fifer for Anderson tommorow


    SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

  72. #232
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,042
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    See what I mean @Robert you talk about not having the required skills / experience but Overton top scores in England's innings! these boys lack outside a couple of players lack bottle, simple as that. England are simply too posh to play cricket and Yorkshireman especially are not designed for elite Test Cricket @James.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  73. #233
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,042
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Not sure why people are getting excited, AUS have won already. The highest total which has been chased at Adelaide is 315 and AUS already have enough to destroy these mentally weak cowards who get paid 1 million pounds per year on average to perform like absolute clowns. They should be ashamed of themselves and so should the England fans who were deluded enough to sign up for BT sports, am sure you got your money's worth.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  74. #234
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    4,962
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Not sure why people are getting excited, AUS have won already. The highest total which has been chased at Adelaide is 315 and AUS already have enough to destroy these mentally weak cowards who get paid 1 million pounds per year on average to perform like absolute clowns. They should be ashamed of themselves and so should the England fans who were deluded enough to sign up for BT sports, am sure you got your money's worth.
    They are not the worst performers in Australia though.

  75. #235
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    965
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    They are not the worst performers in Australia though.
    You got that right. It's Pakistan. Haven't drawn or won a match in 22 years and counting.

  76. #236
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    5,086
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't watch a single bowl today but had high expectations from Root to score this time. I thought a big inning is about to come. Disappointing performance from him.

  77. #237
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    22,221
    Mentioned
    611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    See what I mean @Robert you talk about not having the required skills / experience but Overton top scores in England's innings! these boys lack outside a couple of players lack bottle, simple as that. England are simply too posh to play cricket and Yorkshireman especially are not designed for elite Test Cricket @James.
    They copped the worst of the batting conditions though there were a couple of soft dismissals too.

    Don’t tell Uncle Boycott what you said about Yorkshire.

  78. #238
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    36,209
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to see some guts and a bit of fight from Woakes and Overton with the bat, and the bowlers in the evening were excellent - better to do all of this than to go down in an altogether smoking heap of course - but realistically a bit of fight was all it was. Australia are still firm favourites to win the match.

    England would have to be chasing a sub-350 total to have a chance and even then it would be a 5-10% chance at best.

    There is surely too much quality in the Aussie bowling for this England side to even get 250 in a 4th innings chase let alone get near 350.

  79. #239
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    18,525
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    The only explanation is that Woakes decided he had punished the Aussies bowlers enough to make them want to run into the dressing room instead of enforcing the follow-on, so he gave his wicket away to make sure that England can bowl under the lights.

    Woakes is a genius


    Proof that England need more of the great cricketing minds that Birmingham produces instead of these southern softies and northern numpties.

  80. #240
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved Anderson's spell under the lights today, showing once again that he stands alone among bowlers when the ball is swinging. I honestly haven't seen a better pure swing bowler than him over the last 25 years, it's almost as if he has the ball on a string and he's able to divert it at will.

    On a side note, anyone know if the series is being broadcast on television in Pakistan? Heading home for the New Year's period and hoping not to sift around for a dodgy stream.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •