Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

PCB announce 15-member squad for the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup

Lahore-December 5, 2017: The Junior Selection Committee headed by Basit Ali has selected 15-member squad and four reserve players for Pakistan U19 Team for ICC U19 CRICKET WORLD CUP 2018.

The U-19 team will feature in a three-match ODI series against Australia on December 27, 29 and 31, 2017 and later will travel to New Zealand to play two ODI matches on January 3 and January 5, 2018, respectively. Later, the team will feature in the ICC U-19 World Cup commencing from January 13, 2018 in New Zealand. The training camp for the U-19 team will be setup at National Cricket Academy, Lahore from December 7 to December 20, 2017 and the team will depart for Australia on December 21, 2017.

1. Mohsin Khan

2. Imran Shah

3. Zaid Alam

4. Rohail Nazir WK- VC

5. Muhammad Taha

6. Emmad Alam

7. Ali Zaryab

8. Saad Khan

9. Hassan Khan Captain

10. Musa Khan

11. Shaheen Shah

12. Munir Riaz

13. Arshad Iqbal

14. Muhammad Ali

15. Suleman Shafqat

Reserve Players

1. Muhammad Junaid

2. Haider Ali

3. Muhammad Ilyas

4. Azam Khan

5. Mukhtair Ahmad WK

Media Department

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    6 changes!!! Not bad. Can anybody enlight us how good these players are!!!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can anyone post the runs these players have scored.

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reserve players:

azam khan ? Is he Moeen's Son?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel bad for Peshawar Zalmi and Multan Sultans who drafted Mohammad Arif and Abdullah Shafique respectively for PSL as emerging players however after Asia cup they are not considered good enough to be part of the U19 world cup squad.

I am not sure if it is wrong talent identification by PSL franchises or U19 selection committee.

Abdullah Shafique looked a good player, pleasing to the eye as well but failed to perform in most of the matches. While Mohammad Arif is a very good strike of the ball and just like Sharjeel struggles big time against spin.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden arm View Post
    reserve players:

azam khan ? Is he Moeen's Son?
    No he is not that guy. Moin's son is around 20, 21 years old.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow i have to say 2-3 things here

First of all haider Ali is the best batsman in Pakistan U-19 didn't get a game in Asia cup and now he is in reserve players

then Nasir nawaz again should have been there , he played international bowlers at domestic level and showed competitiveness , dont know what is this

We are so many U-19 players at domestic level who have performed well and they never get a chance to play. For Ghulam mudassar and Ahmed saifi Abdullah were 16 and 17 years old last WC , they far better players than anyone who played , cant understand the criteria for selection

Then there so many U-19 and U-16 playersthat come thorough Talent hunt programmes of Lahore Qalander , Karachi Kings etc they never get a look in

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some pathetic decision. Having seen mohsin khan and salman shafqat play in the asia cup, they were both awful and i don't know how they are selected. They dropped Umair yusuf, abdullah shafique and arif while they still picked mohsin.

I think we know why nasir nawaz is not selected. Can't believe they think he is not good enough for this u19 team.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Some pathetic decision. Having seen mohsin khan and salman shafqat play in the asia cup, they were both awful and i don't know how they are selected. They dropped Umair yusuf, abdullah shafique and arif while they still picked mohsin.

I think we know why nasir nawaz is not selected. Can't believe they think he is not good enough for this u19 team.
    I think its not that they think he is not good enough rather just like Sameen Gul and Ghulam Mudassar they think that they have graduated U19 level already at young age so its good to give exposure to more younger players.

If thats the reason its pretty valid. Although I think atleast Nasir could have been selected like Hassan Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    I think its not that they think he is not good enough rather just like Sameen Gul and Ghulam Mudassar they think that they have graduated U19 level already at young age so its good to give exposure to more younger players.

If thats the reason its pretty valid. Although I think atleast Nasir could have been selected like Hassan Khan.
    That's perfectly fine, but he stated in his recent interview that he wants to be part of it and was also in the camp. If they thought he graduated from u19 then he shouldn't have been in the camp. Plus Nasir hasn't played a world cup like Hasaan khan if i am not wrong.

In addition to this there are few very questionable selections as well.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some shady selection decisions there.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    are they all under 19

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    That's perfectly fine, but he stated in his recent interview that he wants to be part of it and was also in the camp. If they thought he graduated from u19 then he shouldn't have been in the camp. Plus Nasir hasn't played a world cup like Hasaan khan if i am not wrong.

In addition to this there are few very questionable selections as well.
    Yes agreed, Nasir should have been considered. Lets hope some PSL franchise picks him as their 21st pick.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll be looking forward to see Shaheen Shah Afridi.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    are they all under 19
    one of them (Rohail Nazir) is playing as a 16-year old but I know him through one of my friends and who says that he is 22

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have named their squad for the Under-19 World Cup in New Zealand next year even as reports in the local media said that four of the 15 members were under scrutiny for being overaged.

Hasan Khan, the left-arm spinner who emerged as one of Quetta Gladiators’ brightest young prospects in last year’s Pakistan Super League, will captain the side. Hasan was also the top-scorer for Pakistan in the 2016 Under 19 World Cup with 293 runs but he failed to replicate the same form in the recent Under-19 Asia Cup, where he could only manage 39 runs as Pakistan lost to Afghanistan in the final.

However, according to a report in Pakistan Today, at least four of the players including Hasan might be in trouble for being older than 19 on the cut-off date. Apart from the captain, Imran Shah, Ali Zaryab and Emmad Alam were also being investigated.

According to International Cricket Council, “If more than one player from a team is found to be overage then IDI [ICC Development International, the commercial arm of the International Cricket Council] retains the right to disqualify the whole team and the chairman of the Event Technical Committee shall notify the IDI Board accordingly.”

The team will leave for Australia on December 21 after attending a training camp at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore from December 7 to December 20. Before the World Cup, they will play a three-match against Australia Under-19s on December 27, 29, and 31 before playing two more 50-over games against New Zealand Under-19s on January 3 and 5. The tournament starts on January 13.

Pakistan, who are placed in Group D, will play their first game against Afghanistan Under-19 on January 13; Sri Lanka and Ireland are the other two teams in the same group.

Squad: Mohsin Khan, Imran Shah, Zaid Alam, Rohail Nazir (wk), Muhammad Taha, Emmad Alam, Ali Zaryab, Saad Khan, Hassan Khan (capt), Musa Khan, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Munir Riaz, Arshad Iqbal, Muhammad Ali, Suleiman Shafqat.

Reserve players: Muhammad Junaid, Haider Ali, Muhammad Ilyas, Azam Khan, Mukhtar Ahmed.

http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-n...queries/281835

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overage players

Basit Ali has to act quickly otherwise there is risk of disqualification

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Picture from PCB of U19 players listening to Ramiz Raja!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Cricket Australia has announced an Australian Under 19s side to face Pakistan in three Youth ODIs, and the two teams for the Ponting XI v Gilchrist XI Pathways BBL match.

The squads were announced at the conclusion of the 2017-18 Under 19 National Championships in Tasmania.

Fourteen players have been selected to represent the Australian Under 19s in Melbourne in December. The squad - which is separate to Australia’s squad for the ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup - will play three Youth ODIs again Pakistan, on 27, 29 and 31 December at the Albert Ground.

Two teams of 11 players have also been named to play in the Pathways BBL match at The Gabba on January 5, ahead of the Brisbane Heat v Perth Scorchers BBL clash. These teams include Australia’s 15-player ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup squad, plus seven players from the squad selected to play Pakistan.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1179
Size:  50.8 KB

BBL Pathways Squads

Ponting XI: Max Bryant (QLD), Jack Edwards (NSW), Zak Evans (VIC), Ryan Hadley (NSW), Baxter Holt (NSW), Nathan McSweeney (QLD), Jonathan Merlo (VIC), Lloyd Pope (SA), Jason Sangha (NSW), Will Sutherland (VIC), Param Uppal (NSW)

Gilchrist XI: Xavier Bartlett (QLD), Blake Edwards (QLD), Jarrod Freeman (TAS), Cameron Green (WA), Ryan Hackney (NSW), Brad Hope (WA), Jason Ralston (NSW), Patrick Rowe (VIC), Matthew Spoors (WA), Jack White (TAS), Austin Waugh (NSW).

The squads were selected by the Youth Selection Panel, which is chaired by National Talent Manager and National Selector Greg Chappell and features Troy Cooley, Graham Manou, Ryan Harris, in consultation with the State and Territory Talent Managers.

Cricket Australia Pathways Manager, Graham Manou, said:

“It’s been exciting to see the talent coming through at this year’s Under 19 National Championships,” Manou said.

“We think this is a really talented group, with some great depth, and it’s pleasing to be able to give a number of players opportunities to test their skills at a higher level.

“On top of our squad for the ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup next year, we’ve also been able to give fourteen players the chance to represent their country at Under 19 level against Pakistan. All of these players have impressed at Under 19 level over the past two years, and we’re keen to see what they can do against an international side.

“The Pathways BBL match is another great opportunity, and this is the second year we see the Ponting XI face off against the Gilchrist XI. To be able have two teams of our best Under 19 cricketers play a Twenty20 match at a world-class venue in the Gabba will be a great showcase of the future of Australian cricket, and a real highlight for our rising stars coming through the pathway.”

Western Australia and Perth Scorchers all-rounder Cameron Green, who made his JLT Sheffield Shield debut last summer, has been selected to represent the Australian Under 19s against Pakistan, as will New South Wales run machine Ryan Hackney.

Hackney went past Australian and Tasmanian cricketer Matthew Wade’s record of 1091 Under 19 National Championships runs in the 2017-18 tournament final in Hobart, and now holds the record with 1,104 runs across his three Under 19 carnivals.

The squad also features three players - Victorian duo Mackenzie Harvey and Patrick Rowe, plus New South Wales all-rounder Ollie Davies - who represented the Under 17 Cricket Australia XI which reached the final of the Under 19 National Championships.

Australian U19s v Pakistan U19s - Youth ODI Series
    When: 27, 29 and 31 December 2017
    Time: 10am start, local time
    Where: The Albert Ground, Melbourne

BBL Pathways Match - Ponting XI v Gilchrist XI
    When: 5 January 2018
    Time: 12.15pm start, local time
    Where: The Gabba, Brisbane

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Pakistan U19 send off ceremony at the NCA

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just noticed this...
    The squad has Azam(Moin) Khan as a reserve player.. wow

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He z another Azam Khan , an all-rounder from Peshawar

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabraz View Post
    He z another Azam Khan , an all-rounder from Peshawar
    Sure about that??

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Sure about that??
    Has to be, I think the other Azam Khan is overage

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan offers a point to prove

WHILE Australia and England do battle in the fourth Ashes Test at the MCG, two Hornets youngsters will be putting their best foot forward across the other side of town hoping to one day make their own mark in the Ashes arena.

Batting all-rounder Harry Wood and spinner Harry Macoun will represent the Australia Under-19s in a three-match series against Pakistan, after impressing at the recent National U19 Championships in Hobart.

The duo missed on selection in the Australian U19 squad for the 2018 World Cup in New Zealand, but Wood hopes a strong showing at Melbourne's The Albert Ground will put selectors on notice.

"This is another awesome opportunity, to play three one-day games against Pakistan in Melbourne,” the Ipswich product said.

"Again it will be a different experience - it will be my first time playing against an international team, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they bring.

"It will be a good chance to prove a point (to selectors). Injuries always happen, so I can't rule out (getting an opportunity).”

Cricket Australia pathways manager Graham Manou confirmed the door would be left ajar for those players willing to make the most of their opportunity.

"We've been able to give fourteen players the chance to represent their country at U19 level against Pakistan,” Manou said.

"All of these players impressed at U19 level over the past two years, and we're keen to see what they can do against an international side.”

Wood felt Queensland underperformed at the National Championships; a big win over eventual winners NSW Metro overshadowed by disappointing defeats to Northern Territory and Cricket Australia XI.

"We had a great time in Hobart, but we were disappointed to not go as well as we hoped,” Wood said.

"I'm probably a little disappointed personally, I would have liked to go a little better than I did - I certainly played better last year, but that's cricket.

"But I'm more-so upset about our team result. We certainly had a team to give the championships a real shake, but we didn't get there.

"I would say the highlight was beating NSW. They had a really good side, and we played our best cricket for the carnival and absolutely gave it to them.”

Macoun led Queensland with 10 wickets, and finished in the top 10 for the carnival on a pitch that favoured pace over turn.

"The wickets weren't really turning, there wasn't much there for the spinners but (Macoun) bowled really well and made the most out it,” Wood said of his teammate.

Wood and Macoun will spend Christmas at home, before flying to Melbourne on Boxing Day ahead of the first one-day match on December 27.

https://www.qt.com.au/news/pakistan-...prove/3294210/

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Pakistan offers a point to prove

WHILE Australia and England do battle in the fourth Ashes Test at the MCG, two Hornets youngsters will be putting their best foot forward across the other side of town hoping to one day make their own mark in the Ashes arena.

Batting all-rounder Harry Wood and spinner Harry Macoun will represent the Australia Under-19s in a three-match series against Pakistan, after impressing at the recent National U19 Championships in Hobart.

The duo missed on selection in the Australian U19 squad for the 2018 World Cup in New Zealand, but Wood hopes a strong showing at Melbourne's The Albert Ground will put selectors on notice.

"This is another awesome opportunity, to play three one-day games against Pakistan in Melbourne,” the Ipswich product said.

"Again it will be a different experience - it will be my first time playing against an international team, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they bring.

"It will be a good chance to prove a point (to selectors). Injuries always happen, so I can't rule out (getting an opportunity).”

Cricket Australia pathways manager Graham Manou confirmed the door would be left ajar for those players willing to make the most of their opportunity.

"We've been able to give fourteen players the chance to represent their country at U19 level against Pakistan,” Manou said.

"All of these players impressed at U19 level over the past two years, and we're keen to see what they can do against an international side.”

Wood felt Queensland underperformed at the National Championships; a big win over eventual winners NSW Metro overshadowed by disappointing defeats to Northern Territory and Cricket Australia XI.

"We had a great time in Hobart, but we were disappointed to not go as well as we hoped,” Wood said.

"I'm probably a little disappointed personally, I would have liked to go a little better than I did - I certainly played better last year, but that's cricket.

"But I'm more-so upset about our team result. We certainly had a team to give the championships a real shake, but we didn't get there.

"I would say the highlight was beating NSW. They had a really good side, and we played our best cricket for the carnival and absolutely gave it to them.”

Macoun led Queensland with 10 wickets, and finished in the top 10 for the carnival on a pitch that favoured pace over turn.

"The wickets weren't really turning, there wasn't much there for the spinners but (Macoun) bowled really well and made the most out it,” Wood said of his teammate.

Wood and Macoun will spend Christmas at home, before flying to Melbourne on Boxing Day ahead of the first one-day match on December 27.

https://www.qt.com.au/news/pakistan-...prove/3294210/
    Is this series televised?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Is this series televised?
    No idea tbh but I'd be surprised if the answer was in the affirmative.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea tbh but I'd be surprised if the answer was in the affirmative.
    OK, thanks. Not surprising really. Maybe Cricket Australia will broadcast it on their website, like they did with the LQ tour.

By the way, where is the match thread for the NZ/Windies ODI? Should be a good indication of what Pakistan is up against.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, thanks. Not surprising really. Maybe Cricket Australia will broadcast it on their website, like they did with the LQ tour.

By the way, where is the match thread for the NZ/Windies ODI? Should be a good indication of what Pakistan is up against.
    CA will broadcast it on their website.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Started it at the same time you wrote this comment.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip32 View Post
    Thanks, good to hear.

Guess I've gotten too used to the PCB system.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip32 View Post
    Thank you, friend.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 Players to be Looked Closely :

1. Ammad Alam - Opener, Right Hand Batsman
    2. Muhammad Taha - Left Hand Middle Order Batsman, and bowls Right Arm Medium Fast
    3. Hasan Khan - Captain, All Rounder, Right Hand Batsman, bats at No.6 and bowls Slow Left Arm

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prop558 View Post
    3 Players to be Looked Closely :

1. Ammad Alam - Opener, Right Hand Batsman
    2. Muhammad Taha - Left Hand Middle Order Batsman, and bowls Right Arm Medium Fast
    3. Hasan Khan - Captain, All Rounder, Right Hand Batsman, bats at No.6 and bowls Slow Left Arm
    Taha bowls slow left arm.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taha bowls slow left arm.
    Yes - Rectified

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean143 View Post
    one of them (Rohail Nazir) is playing as a 16-year old but I know him through one of my friends and who says that he is 22
    Are you sure about that? If he is 22, then he's the youngest looking 22 year old I have ever seen. He looks about 14 while keeping today!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Sean143 Rohail Nazir looks youngest amongst all of them... No way he is 22, at max he may be 18.
    Simply can't be 22, maybe your friend has is talkin about any other Rohail.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    @Sean143 Rohail Nazir looks youngest amongst all of them... No way he is 22, at max he may be 18.
    Simply can't be 22, maybe your friend has is talkin about any other Rohail.
    He is 22 year old even my friend knows him

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    He is 22 year old even my friend knows him
    Cant believe it but maybe it's true...

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking the Pakistan national team is in New Zealand and U.19 has finished their tour of Australia. Why not have 1 or two practice matches with the u.19? I am sure they will learn a lot from playing much better players.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    I was thinking the Pakistan national team is in New Zealand and U.19 has finished their tour of Australia. Why not have 1 or two practice matches with the u.19? I am sure they will learn a lot from playing much better players.
    Pakistan U19s are going to play two Youth ODIs against NZ U19s in the next few days.

Pakistan will play a warm-up match against a NZ XI.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having watched the under 19s, has anyone changed their view regarding the squad? I feel happy to see Arshad Iqbal, zaid Alam and Muhammad Ali khan who were unknown to me but now feel they have great potential. Credit to selection committee

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Having watched the under 19s, has anyone changed their view regarding the squad? I feel happy to see Arshad Iqbal, zaid Alam and Muhammad Ali khan who were unknown to me but now feel they have great potential. Credit to selection committee
    Ammad Alam is a great pick

Rashid Latif was clearly upset when he wasn't picked for Asia cup despite being one of the highest run scorer in U19 level and picked by UBL department team, and Karachi Kings. Rashid Latif rates him quite highly
    Last edited by hadi123; 3rd January 2018 at 11:21.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Ammad Alam is a great pick

Rashid Latif was clearly upset when he wasn't picked for Asia cup despite being one of the highest run scorer in U19 level and picked by UBL department team, and Karachi Kings. Rashid Latif rates him quite highly
    I thought his strike rate was on the lower side even though he's scored runs?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I thought his strike rate was on the lower side even though he's scored runs?
    Taha and Ammad were cautious after 50 for 3 .

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Muhammad Ali Khan has good pace, how old is he? I feel like he still has growing to do. He and Muhammad Musa seem to be similar heights and similar type of bowlers. M Musa has better control, but M Khan has more pace.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    Muhammad Ali Khan has good pace, how old is he? I feel like he still has growing to do. He and Muhammad Musa seem to be similar heights and similar type of bowlers. M Musa has better control, but M Khan has more pace.
    I think he's 19 if this is his profile:

http://m.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/c...r/1130462.html