Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

PCB announce 15-member squad for the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup

Lahore-December 5, 2017: The Junior Selection Committee headed by Basit Ali has selected 15-member squad and four reserve players for Pakistan U19 Team for ICC U19 CRICKET WORLD CUP 2018.

The U-19 team will feature in a three-match ODI series against Australia on December 27, 29 and 31, 2017 and later will travel to New Zealand to play two ODI matches on January 3 and January 5, 2018, respectively. Later, the team will feature in the ICC U-19 World Cup commencing from January 13, 2018 in New Zealand. The training camp for the U-19 team will be setup at National Cricket Academy, Lahore from December 7 to December 20, 2017 and the team will depart for Australia on December 21, 2017.

1. Mohsin Khan

2. Imran Shah

3. Zaid Alam

4. Rohail Nazir WK- VC

5. Muhammad Taha

6. Emmad Alam

7. Ali Zaryab

8. Saad Khan

9. Hassan Khan Captain

10. Musa Khan

11. Shaheen Shah

12. Munir Riaz

13. Arshad Iqbal

14. Muhammad Ali

15. Suleman Shafqat

Reserve Players

1. Muhammad Junaid

2. Haider Ali

3. Muhammad Ilyas

4. Azam Khan

5. Mukhtair Ahmad WK

Media Department

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    6 changes!!! Not bad. Can anybody enlight us how good these players are!!!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can anyone post the runs these players have scored.

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reserve players:

azam khan ? Is he Moeen's Son?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden arm View Post
    reserve players:

azam khan ? Is he Moeen's Son?
    No he is not that guy. Moin's son is around 20, 21 years old.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel bad for Peshawar Zalmi and Multan Sultans who drafted Mohammad Arif and Abdullah Shafique respectively for PSL as emerging players however after Asia cup they are not considered good enough to be part of the U19 world cup squad.

I am not sure if it is wrong talent identification by PSL franchises or U19 selection committee.

Abdullah Shafique looked a good player, pleasing to the eye as well but failed to perform in most of the matches. While Mohammad Arif is a very good strike of the ball and just like Sharjeel struggles big time against spin.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow i have to say 2-3 things here

First of all haider Ali is the best batsman in Pakistan U-19 didn't get a game in Asia cup and now he is in reserve players

then Nasir nawaz again should have been there , he played international bowlers at domestic level and showed competitiveness , dont know what is this

We are so many U-19 players at domestic level who have performed well and they never get a chance to play. For Ghulam mudassar and Ahmed saifi Abdullah were 16 and 17 years old last WC , they far better players than anyone who played , cant understand the criteria for selection

Then there so many U-19 and U-16 playersthat come thorough Talent hunt programmes of Lahore Qalander , Karachi Kings etc they never get a look in

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some pathetic decision. Having seen mohsin khan and salman shafqat play in the asia cup, they were both awful and i don't know how they are selected. They dropped Umair yusuf, abdullah shafique and arif while they still picked mohsin.

I think we know why nasir nawaz is not selected. Can't believe they think he is not good enough for this u19 team.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Some pathetic decision. Having seen mohsin khan and salman shafqat play in the asia cup, they were both awful and i don't know how they are selected. They dropped Umair yusuf, abdullah shafique and arif while they still picked mohsin.

I think we know why nasir nawaz is not selected. Can't believe they think he is not good enough for this u19 team.
    I think its not that they think he is not good enough rather just like Sameen Gul and Ghulam Mudassar they think that they have graduated U19 level already at young age so its good to give exposure to more younger players.

If thats the reason its pretty valid. Although I think atleast Nasir could have been selected like Hassan Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    I think its not that they think he is not good enough rather just like Sameen Gul and Ghulam Mudassar they think that they have graduated U19 level already at young age so its good to give exposure to more younger players.

If thats the reason its pretty valid. Although I think atleast Nasir could have been selected like Hassan Khan.
    That's perfectly fine, but he stated in his recent interview that he wants to be part of it and was also in the camp. If they thought he graduated from u19 then he shouldn't have been in the camp. Plus Nasir hasn't played a world cup like Hasaan khan if i am not wrong.

In addition to this there are few very questionable selections as well.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    That's perfectly fine, but he stated in his recent interview that he wants to be part of it and was also in the camp. If they thought he graduated from u19 then he shouldn't have been in the camp. Plus Nasir hasn't played a world cup like Hasaan khan if i am not wrong.

In addition to this there are few very questionable selections as well.
    Yes agreed, Nasir should have been considered. Lets hope some PSL franchise picks him as their 21st pick.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some shady selection decisions there.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    are they all under 19

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    are they all under 19
    one of them (Rohail Nazir) is playing as a 16-year old but I know him through one of my friends and who says that he is 22

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll be looking forward to see Shaheen Shah Afridi.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have named their squad for the Under-19 World Cup in New Zealand next year even as reports in the local media said that four of the 15 members were under scrutiny for being overaged.

Hasan Khan, the left-arm spinner who emerged as one of Quetta Gladiators’ brightest young prospects in last year’s Pakistan Super League, will captain the side. Hasan was also the top-scorer for Pakistan in the 2016 Under 19 World Cup with 293 runs but he failed to replicate the same form in the recent Under-19 Asia Cup, where he could only manage 39 runs as Pakistan lost to Afghanistan in the final.

However, according to a report in Pakistan Today, at least four of the players including Hasan might be in trouble for being older than 19 on the cut-off date. Apart from the captain, Imran Shah, Ali Zaryab and Emmad Alam were also being investigated.

According to International Cricket Council, “If more than one player from a team is found to be overage then IDI [ICC Development International, the commercial arm of the International Cricket Council] retains the right to disqualify the whole team and the chairman of the Event Technical Committee shall notify the IDI Board accordingly.”

The team will leave for Australia on December 21 after attending a training camp at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore from December 7 to December 20. Before the World Cup, they will play a three-match against Australia Under-19s on December 27, 29, and 31 before playing two more 50-over games against New Zealand Under-19s on January 3 and 5. The tournament starts on January 13.

Pakistan, who are placed in Group D, will play their first game against Afghanistan Under-19 on January 13; Sri Lanka and Ireland are the other two teams in the same group.

Squad: Mohsin Khan, Imran Shah, Zaid Alam, Rohail Nazir (wk), Muhammad Taha, Emmad Alam, Ali Zaryab, Saad Khan, Hassan Khan (capt), Musa Khan, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Munir Riaz, Arshad Iqbal, Muhammad Ali, Suleiman Shafqat.

Reserve players: Muhammad Junaid, Haider Ali, Muhammad Ilyas, Azam Khan, Mukhtar Ahmed.

http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-n...queries/281835

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overage players

Basit Ali has to act quickly otherwise there is risk of disqualification

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Picture from PCB of U19 players listening to Ramiz Raja!