Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"With God as my witness, I declare that I am not guilty of fixing" : Sharjeel Khan

Last edited by UN talkz; 5th December 2017 at 15:59.

SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get him back in the team. Needs to be opening in all 3 formats.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why doesn't Najam Sethi disclose the "evidence" now that Sharjeel has been banned? In any court of law evidence has to be made public.

Highly ironic that a corrupt person like Najam Sethi is issuing judgement on other people's alleged corruption.
    Last edited by Savage; 5th December 2017 at 16:06.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not gonna lie here, but I felt he was being punished by the PCB/Sethi way before any actual proof was being presented.

BUT...This isn't the first time someone has used God/Nation/Relative to clear their name and to express their innocence

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Why doesn't Najam Sethi disclose the "evidence" now that Sharjeel has been banned? In any court of law evidence has to be made public.

Highly ironic that a corrupt person like Najam Sethi is issuing judgement on other people's alleged corruption.
    I feel this sethi is using this guy career as a shield to protect himself??..
    Last edited by UN talkz; 5th December 2017 at 16:30.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only God could testify on his behalf in a court of law!

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't the spot fixing trio in 2010 did the same rona dhona as well when they were caught? Only for each one of them to confess to their crimes when there was no way out.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think PCB just wanted to save face and tried to ban him as quickly as possible with no hard evidence to maintain the “image” they have been building.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But, But Sethi is doing a great job and he is a saint in comparision to imran.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Didn't the spot fixing trio in 2010 did the same rona dhona as well when they were caught? Only for each one of them to confess to their crimes when there was no way out.
    There was over-whelming evidence against the spot-fixing trio and only Butt was doing rona dhona. Amir accepted his guilt pretty early on and Asif remained mum for the most part.

Even though Sharjeel has been banned no evidence has ever been released which is against all judicial norms.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was over-whelming evidence against the spot-fixing trio and only Butt was doing rona dhona. Amir accepted his guilt pretty early on and Asif remained mum for the most part.

Even though Sharjeel has been banned no evidence has ever been released which is against all judicial norms.
    Aamir was doing the same rona dhona until his lawyer advised him to come clean since he would get a lighter sentence if he did come clean. Didn't he even swear to his family claiming his innocence before deciding to come clean? The PCB needs to provide evidence against Sharjeel soon.
    Last edited by Hitman; 5th December 2017 at 16:16.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    830 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aww. Keep crying, Sharjeel.

You gotta work until your idols become your rivals.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Innocent people who have nothing to fear proclaim innocence aggressively on all forums regardless of rules and regulations. I bet Sharjeel agreed to fix in exchange for good food his biggest weakness.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB should clear him and make him available for the selection. He is must for limited over cricket along with Fakhar at the top, will form one of the most dangerous opening pair.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it isn't, and nor is the tribunal a public court.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    No it isn't, and nor is the tribunal a public court.
    Under Pakistani law tribunals have to follow same laws that apply on court. Otherwise whats stopping tribunals from dishing out death penalty for something minor like small theft?

And any evidence that is used to charge a person has to be presented before them, their lawyer and everyone else in court/tribunal proceedings (hence making it public)
    Last edited by Savage; 5th December 2017 at 16:59.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember Salman Butt saying the exact same. But yea cannot deny that Sharjeel's case is very shady and there isn't any concrete proof against him.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question still remains...where is the proof?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know what has happened to Shahzaib Hasan?

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Well, if he has invoked God, he must not be guilty.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if not guily, fact remains he shouldn't have been anywhere near situations or events that led to his demise.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes let's ban a guy without proof. How many innocent people are in jail in Pakistan because of false accusations!

Our parosis are talking smack but there are many people there that are jailed without a crime.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 5th December 2017 at 17:35.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Even if not guily, fact remains he shouldn't have been anywhere near situations or events that led to his demise.
    Your neighbour has a break-in... you should be put behind bars as well because you shouldn't be anywhere near such situations or events.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under Pakistani law tribunals have to follow same laws that apply on court. Otherwise whats stopping tribunals from dishing out death penalty for something minor like small theft?

And any evidence that is used to charge a person has to be presented before them, their lawyer and everyone else in court/tribunal proceedings (hence making it public)
    Jurisdiction is what stops them. They would be acting ultra vires. Put simply, the tribunal obtains its power from a source and that source delimits their jurisdiction. The fact a tribunal has to follow the law doesn't mean it has the same range of powers that a Court would. In other words, the tribunal doesn't have the power to dish out the death penalty.

Again, they aren't under an obligation to disclose the evidence. They published an Order/Judgment which is consistent with their obligations. See Article 8 of the Anti-Corruption Code:

"Any public disclosure may be withheld or delayed if the PCB, in its reasonable opinion, determines that such disclosure may lead to harm being caused to Participants, officials and/or relevant person; and/or if it is of the reasonable opinion that such disclosure may hinder any relevant investigation or proceedings under this Anti-Corruption Code."

"If the decision is that an offence has been committed: (a) the decision may, at the discretion of the PCB, be publicly reported in full as soon as possible; and (b) after the decision is publicly reported, the PCB may also publish details of such other parts of the proceedings before the Anti-Corruption Tribunal as the PCB thinks fit."

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who keep demanding to see the evidence, see Paragraphs 20 and 21 of the Order:

"We would also like to state here that under Article 3.2 of the Code for the Participants, the Anti-Corruption Tribunal is not bound by the Rules governing the admissibility of evidence in judicial or other proceedings, instead facts can be established by reliable means, including admissions and circumstantial evidence.

We therefore, would be discussing evidence on this standard and the threshold as set in Article 3 of the Code and also keeping in
    mind that these are Administrative/Disciplinary proceedings."

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your neighbour has a break-in... you should be put behind bars as well because you shouldn't be anywhere near such situations or events.
    No, but from what I've read, he let some dodgy people get close to him? which then allowed the PCB and the likes of Sethi to go after him. Even with such buffoons leading the PCB, I'm not sure the circumstances surrounding his case would be minor enough for them not to get involved. All in all, we all agree it would have been great if this didn't happen at all as we could do with Sharjeel at the top of the order.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    688 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel seeks justice from PM over spot-fixing punishment

LAHORE: Spot-fixing convict Sharjeel Khan has sought justice from Prime Minister Shahid Khakan Abbasi claiming that injustice has been done to him in his case and he wants a fair trial.

Talking to the reporters here on Tuesday, Sharjeel vowed that he would fight all allegations leveled against him. "I want to meet Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Najam Sethi so that I may clear myself on all matters," he said.

Sharjeel accused the PCB anti-corruption unit of being able to take action against anyone they desire. "The Pakistan Cricket Board tribunal is too weak to take action against anyone, they think, they should punish or ban."

Pakistan's anti-corruption tribunal had banned opener Sharjeel Khan for five years over a spot-fixing case that has rocked the Pakistan Super League (PSL). The 28-year-old left-handed opener was provisionally suspended along with fellow opener Khalid Latif in February for violating the PCB anti-corruption code. The charges centred on a match between Islamabad United and Peshawar Zalmi in Dubai in February. Off four balls, Sharjeel scored a single, failed to score off two deliveries and was then out.

Spot-fixing involves bets on the outcome of a particular passage of play, unlike match-fixing in which there is an attempt to prearrange the result. Latif, who did not play in the game, was alleged to have orchestrated the deal. Both were also charged for not reporting the matter to the PCB's anti-corruption unit.

"Sharjeel is banned for five years, which has two-and-a-half years suspended," said Asghat Haider, who headed the three-member tribunal. "We investigated all the charges and found them correct." The minimum punishment for the charges was five years with a maximum of a life ban.

Former PCB head Tauqir Zia and erstwhile Pakistan captain Wasim Bari were the other members of the tribunal formed in March. Under the PCB code, players can appeal rulings before an independent arbitrator within 14 days of the decision. Four other players M Irfan, Shahzaib Hasan, Nasir Jamshed and M Nawaz were also included in the investigation on multiple charges. - SAMAA/AGENCIES

https://www.samaa.tv/sports/2017/12/...ng-punishment/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is the only country where people apologize for match-fixers and defend them. Sums up the sorry mentality of our nation - a country where cheats are glorified.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistan is the only country where people apologize for match-fixers and defend them. Sums up the sorry mentality of our nation - a country where cheats are glorified.
    Do you know Sharjeel has match fixed ?

The fact that the PCB have been extremely vague over the matter brings great suspicion

Innocent until proven guilty

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post

The fact that the PCB have been extremely vague over the matter brings great suspicion

If a Pakistani cricketer has been accused of match-fixing, the chances are very high that he is a guilty. There is a strong correlation between match-fixing and our cricketing culture. To put it the other way - I don't trust our players.

Besides, it was the ICC ACU that tapped the PCB - they have been watching Sharjeel for a couple of years now. Let's not forget the threatening phone calls that he received in 2016. It is likely that there is a connection there.

If not, then I wonder why Sharjeel finds himself in such situations over and over again. Co-incidence, I think not. There is plenty of smoke for me to ignore the idea that Saint Sharjeel has been victimized by the PCB and Najam Sethi specifically.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post

they don't have to prove anything to you. they have a process that found him guilty.
    but sure you can argue the earth is flat since you are not consulted when the scientists went about proving it is not flat.
    we live in a post fact society.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    688 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Sethi-phobia is endemic in Pakistan, and it is primarily the reason why so many people consider Sharjeel to be innocent.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite frankly, this comment is as silly as it is stupid, and I say that as someone who agrees with the tribunal's decision.

I feel obligated to defend the posters you are insulting, even though they disagree with my views, as your comments are well below the belt and I am not interested in being an opportunist.

It is fundamentally dishonest for you to try and straw-man the position of those who disagree/criticising the tribunal's decision. No one has said he should be glorified. Rather some posters have raised their concerns about whether there was sufficient evidence to convict him. That is a relevant discussion to have, whatever you try and say.

Like I said, I say this as someone who thinks there was sufficient evidence and as someone who thinks the tribunal was largely independent.

As for the "sorry mentality of our nation", I suggest you look closer to home.

@Syed1
    Last edited by mak36; 5th December 2017 at 19:38.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes my blood boil that Sethi has not even produced even one single bit of evidence against this young man! To me, he's innocent until he's PROVEN guilty! Give me the EVIDENCE first! Take Sharjeel to court and prove yourselves over there THEN I'll believe you! It's all Sethi's fault that stupid players Shehzad still can wiggle his way into the team if someone gets injured, if Sharjeel was in the team, Selfie Boy's Career would be over and we could all witness our dream of a destructive Sharjeel+Fakhar opening duo.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I want the evidence too. And a copy of case files. Or he is innocent in my eyes. Please pm me the above @PCB.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by junaidji View Post
    It makes my blood boil that Sethi has not even produced even one single bit of evidence against this young man! To me, he's innocent until he's PROVEN guilty! Give me the EVIDENCE first! Take Sharjeel to court and prove yourselves over there THEN I'll believe you! It's all Sethi's fault that stupid players Shehzad still can wiggle his way into the team if someone gets injured, if Sharjeel was in the team, Selfie Boy's Career would be over and we could all witness our dream of a destructive Sharjeel+Fakhar opening duo.
    How many times??

Read the Order/Judgment if you want to see why he was found guilty.

The PCB aren't under an obligation to disclose the evidence. See Article 8 of the Anti-Corruption Code:

"Any public disclosure may be withheld or delayed if the PCB, in its reasonable opinion, determines that such disclosure may lead to harm being caused to Participants, officials and/or relevant person; and/or if it is of the reasonable opinion that such disclosure may hinder any relevant investigation or proceedings under this Anti-Corruption Code."

"If the decision is that an offence has been committed: (a) the decision may, at the discretion of the PCB, be publicly reported in full as soon as possible; and (b) after the decision is publicly reported, the PCB may also publish details of such other parts of the proceedings before the Anti-Corruption Tribunal as the PCB thinks fit."

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well with this compelling evidence I doubt anyone can refute Sharjeel's claim. I mean come on, he has god as his witness.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the trio there was clear visual evidence with all the bookies. In this case the crime seems to be playing a few dot balls with no evidence, if any released. Seems like everytime we get a good player he gets set-up or something like that.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Been saying that since day 1, show us the damn proof/evidence that Sharjeel fixed.
    If he did, then I swear I will be the first one to claim that justice was served.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was guilty and I say this as Sharjeel's biggest fan. People blaming Sethi should know Sethi was not part of the Tribunal nor could he have them dance to his tune. Please be realistic. Sharjeel will still be found guilty in his appeal with a new tribunal.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sethi-phobia is endemic in Pakistan, and it is primarily the reason why so many people consider Sharjeel to be innocent.
    Yes, becuase sethi is a saint.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a big fan of all this Rhona dhona, but if they don't show the evidence he cannot be banned.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both ICC and PCB has all the prooves against these cheaters. Sharjeel should be banned for life. because of these losers Islamabad United lost the tournament.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Only in Pakistan do you defend fixers like this . He's been proven guilty wheather you like it or not. We need to move on . Don't want cheats like this to represent us again. Amir returning set a bad precedent. That you can fix and still come back.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Only in Pakistan do you defend fixers like this . He's been proven guilty wheather you like it or not. We need to move on . Don't want cheats like this to represent us again. Amir returning set a bad precedent. That you can fix and still come back.
    So no criminal should be allowed to re-integrate into society? What if your family member committed the crime? Would you think differently? Hawai firing with the keyboard is easy work but I bet you would have different opinion if you or your rishtedaar were involved.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Railu Katta View Post
    So no criminal should be allowed to re-integrate into society? What if your family member committed the crime? Would you think differently? Hawai firing with the keyboard is easy work but I bet you would have different opinion if you or your rishtedaar were involved.
    Not sure about rishtedaar but if it was himself, most definately.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He can play domestic cricket but he should kept away from international cricket. We are talking about a game of cricket not a criminal. And how I would deal with my family if they committed a crime is none of your business.

Is Sharjeel your family that your defending him like this?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Not sure about rishtedaar but if it was himself, most definately.
    The topic is about Sharjeel and his fixing. If I had fixed I would expect a life ban and not to be forgiven so easily. But this thread is about Sharjeel.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is fantastic news, now all we need is a testimony from god at court to back up this claim and Sharjeel will walk a free man.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another thing for Sharjeel cheerleaders. The rest of the cricketing world will see this case as Sharjeel guilty and that's it . They won't care about the finer details . So let's say Sharjeel comes back and plays for Pakistan after serving his ban, Pakistans reputation will take another hit. He can play domestic cricket again but whilst he's been convicted of fixing he shouldn't represent Pakistan again . If the case is reviewed and the decision is overturned than we can look at bringing him back into the fold but until than Sharjeel cheerleaders need to stop trying to defend this chest. The rest of the cricketing world will only see him as a cheat.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The topic is about Sharjeel and his fixing. If I had fixed I would expect a life ban and not to be forgiven so easily. But this thread is about Sharjeel.
    Yes of course you would expect a ban

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The guilty party is the one changing the PCB CONSTITUTION mere 2 days before they announced the Sharjeel verdict. As per this constitution, the defendant is supposed to appeal either to the "independent" PCB panel or CAS in Switzerland. The defendant can't go to a court in Pakistan.

Based on just this fact, i can safely say that PCB is guilty, of mishandling this case and wrongfully convicting an innocent. How do people in PCB go to bed at night. Moreover, how do some of the posters here sleep at night when they accuse an innocent of crimes he never committed.

PCB amends its anti-corruption code to avoid players appeals in Pakistan courts

LAHORE: Banned Pakistan cricketer Sharjeel Khan on Tuesday, reiterating once again his innocence, said that he had been implicated in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) II spot-fixing case on mere assumptions and without any concrete evidence. “My lawyer and I have fully cooperated throughout proceedings and I was expecting justice,” Sharjeel told media, reading a prepared statement in Lahore. “But regretfully, at the end all I face is injustice. The PCB anti-corruption unit forcefully inducted me into a case which is beyond my understanding. Maybe there is another story hidden behind this which may be revealed with time. I swear to my nation and my fans that I am innocent.” Sharjeel appeared for the first time in front of the media since his provisional suspension on February 10, continuing to proclaim his innocence. His ban, a suspended sentence, is effectively for two and a half years, meaning he cannot plot a return before the second half of 2019 at the earliest. He was representing Islamabad United at the PSL and was charged with five major breaches of the PCB’s anti-corruption code. He was found guilty on all five counts by a three-man tribunal. The case against Sharjeel was centred on him playing pre-determined dot balls agreed with a bookmaker.

If Sharjeel does not show public remorse and undergo the PCB’s rehabilitation programme, he could end up serving the full five-year sentence. “Cricket is in my blood and it’s my passion and the punishment is severely painful for me and my family,” he said. “But what is more distressing is that I am being labelled a spot-fixer. So I have decided to clear my name and I will take this matter as far as possible.”

PCB amends Anti-corruption code: It is pertinent to mention that the PCB has amended their anti-corruption code in an attempt to prevent players from appealing their punishments in Pakistani courts, even as a tribunal was sitting on a number of spot-fixing cases. The lawyer of Sharjeel will file a writ petition against what he considers to be the PCB’s male-fide intentions. “During the proceedings of Sharjeel’s case, the PCB amended their anti-corruption code, which is obviously not in good faith,” Shaighan Ejaz, Sharjeel’s lawyer, said. “They had made a change in their code on July 18, 2017. Just a month and two days later, a verdict
    was announced and neither the tribunal nor the independent adjudicator was informed about it. This is questionable behaviour.”

The relevant new clause — 7.5.4 of the PCB’s anti-corruption code — reads: “An appeal against the decision of the Independent Adjudicator shall lie excessively before the CAS.” The CAS is the Court of Arbitration (Sports), based in Lausanne, Switzerland. The amended clause at the centre of the row effectively rules out Sharjeel’s ability to take his case to the Court of Appeals in Lausanne. “The parties may, if they so desire, file an appeal under Article 7, read with Article 7.4 of the PCB’s of the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code for Participant, 2015, within 14 days of the receipt of the detailed decision, before the Court of Appeals in Lausanne, Switzerland, or an Independent Adjudicator in terms of the Constitution of the PCB.” Given that an independent adjudicator has already heard Sharjeel’s case, this clause would appear to rule out an appeal in Switzerland. And previously the clause did not make an appeal exclusive to the CAS.

“The attempt they made is to oust the Pakistan judicial system and made sure that we will only be left with the option to go into the court of arbitration in Switzerland – which is obviously not feasible,” Ejaz said. “But I understand that you cannot rule out the jurisdiction of Pakistan’s courts and this will not happen. This is uncalled for. We will approach the high court soon; in fact, we will file a writ petition this month.”

A PCB’s spokesman told reporters that the modification was a routine change, and not one specifically designed to be applied to Sharjeel’s case. “In modern day sports, no code or regulation can remain stagnant,” he said. “Efforts to curb corrupt conduct in sports are updated regularly. Similarly, the PCB anti-corruption code also undergoes periodic reviews and amendments. Such amendments are never person-specific, and are applicable to all cricketers.” Pakistan courts have been involved in several PCB cases over the years, and haven’t been afraid to overturn board decisions on, to take one example, player bans and punishments.

“During the entire process, we understood that the anti-corruption officials are not accountable,” Ijaz said. “They have all the discretion to do any kind of discrimination against any player and can trap any player and make any kind of case against anyone.” During the proceedings, PCB officials claimed Sharjeel had confessed to wrongdoing in Dubai and in Lahore on video. Sharjeel denies that is the case. “There were two interviews recorded, one inDubai and the other in Lahore. On both occasions, I never confessed anything.” Ijaz said: “They had claimed that there was a lot of information from the ICC, and the PCB had prior knowledge of everything which was allegedly going to happen. This is an afterthought. If they knew anything, then there should be proof of it. Then why is that not presented at all? Where are they? The most important thing is the statement by PSL chairman Najam Sethi. He said they had concrete evidence and a lot of things which a chairman should not have said. It seriously prejudiced proceedings and made the whole case a matter of ego, and Sharjeel’s exoneration would have proved personally embarrassing for Sethi.”
    https://dailytimes.com.pk/153498/pcb...kistan-courts/
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 6th December 2017 at 10:55.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quite frankly, this comment is as silly as it is stupid, and i say that as someone who agrees with the tribunal's decision.

I feel obligated to defend the posters you are insulting, even though they disagree with my views, as your comments are well below the belt and i am not interested in being an opportunist.

It is fundamentally dishonest for you to try and straw-man the position of those who disagree/criticising the tribunal's decision. No one has said he should be glorified. Rather some posters have raised their concerns about whether there was sufficient evidence to convict him. That is a relevant discussion to have, whatever you try and say.

Like i said, i say this as someone who thinks there was sufficient evidence and as someone who thinks the tribunal was largely independent.

As for the "sorry mentality of our nation", i suggest you look closer to home.

@syed1
    potw

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes of course you would expect a ban
    So other countries are wrong to ban players for life for match fixing? Should they integrate them back into the national side?

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So other countries are wrong to ban players for life for match fixing? Should they integrate them back into the national side?
    I didn't say any of that... When there is solid evidence then the fixers should be banned. Did you see Asif and Butt come back to the side? FYI other countries allow their convicted match fixers to return to domestic cricket or even venture into other things e.g. politics, tv shows.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't say any of that... When there is solid evidence then the fixers should be banned. Did you see Asif and Butt come back to the side? FYI other countries allow their convicted match fixers to return to domestic cricket or even venture into other things e.g. politics, tv shows.

Lol Butt has been talked about returning to the national side. In fact had it not been for Shajeel stupidity he was going to be called up versus West Indies. PCB realised after Sharjeel action they couldn't recall a fixer when they were potentially had another fixer who was caught.

As I said Sharjeel can play domestic cricket but he should not represent Pakistan again. When did I say he can't go on tv or politics? Your not even reading my posts.
    Last edited by Hasan123; 5th December 2017 at 23:44.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol Butt has been talked about returning to the national side. In fact had it not been for Shajeel stupidity he was going to be called up versus West Indies. PCB realised after Sharjeel action they couldn't recall a fixer when they were potentially had another fixer who was caught.

As I said Sharjeel can play domestic cricket but he should not represent Pakistan again. When did I say he can't go on tv or politics? Your not even reading my posts.
    If only you read my post properly about the politics and comedy shows 😂

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep Sharjeel banned, but in a world where the coach's reports get leaked on a consistent basis, releasing evidence wouldn't be such a big deal would it?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    PCB amended its anti-corruption code to refrain players from appealing their punishments in Pakistani courts, even as a tribunal was sitting on a number of spot-fixing cases.

The relevant new clause – 7.5.4 of the PCB’s anti-corruption code – reads: “An appeal against the decision of the Independent Adjudicator shall lie excessively before the CAS.” The CAS is the Court of Arbitration (Sports), based in Lausanne, Switzerland.

“During the proceedings [of Sharjeel Khan’s case], the PCB edited their anti-corruption code, which is obviously not in good faith,” Shaighan Ejaz, Sharjeel’s lawyer, said. “They had made a change in their code on 18 July 2017. Just a month and two days later, a verdict was announced and neither the tribunal nor the independent adjudicator was informed about it. This is questionable behavior.”

The edited clause at the centre of the row effectively rules out Sharjeel’s ability to take his case to the Court of Appeals in Lausanne. “The parties may, if they so desire, file an appeal under Article 7, read with Article 7.4 of the PCB’s of the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code for Participant, 2015, within 14 days of the receipt of the detailed decision, before the Court of Appeals in Lausanne, Switzerland, or an Independent Adjudicator in terms of the Constitution of the PCB.”

Given that an independent adjudicator has already heard Sharjeel’s case, this clause would appear to rule out an appeal in Switzerland. And previously the clause did not make an appeal exclusive to the CAS.

“The attempt they made is to oust the Pakistan judicial system and made sure that we will only be left with the option to go into the court of arbitration in Switzerland – which is obviously not feasible,” Ejaz said. “But I understand that you cannot rule out the jurisdiction of Pakistan’s courts and this will not happen. This is uncalled for. We will approach the high court soon; in fact, we will file a writ petition this month.”

The PCB’s legal advisor Taffazul Rizvi told reporters that the modification was a routine change, and not one specifically designed to be applied to Sharjeel’s case. “In modern-day sports, no code or regulation can remain stagnant,” he said. “Efforts to curb corrupt conduct in sports are updated regularly. Similarly, the PCB anti-corruption code also undergoes periodic reviews and amendments. Such amendments are never person-specific, and are applicable to all cricketers.”

Pakistani courts have been involved in several PCB cases over the years, and haven’t been afraid to overturn board decisions on, to take one example, player bans, and punishments.

Sharjeel appeared for the first time in front of the media since his provisional suspension on February 10, continuing to proclaim his innocence. His ban, a suspended sentence, is effective for two and a half years, meaning he cannot plot a return before the second half of 2019 at the earliest. He was representing Islamabad United at the PSL and was charged with five major breaches of the PCB’s anti-corruption code. He was found guilty on all five counts by a three-man tribunal.

“My lawyer and I have fully cooperated throughout proceedings and I was expecting justice,” Sharjeel said, reading a prepared statement in Lahore. “But regretfully, at the end all I face is injustice. The PCB anti-corruption unit forcefully inducted me into a case which is beyond my understanding. Maybe there is another story hidden behind this which may be revealed with time. I swear to my nation and my fans that I am innocent.”

If Sharjeel does not show public remorse and undergo the PCB’s rehabilitation program, he could end up serving the full five-year sentence.

“Cricket is in my blood and it’s my passion and the punishment is severely painful for me and my family,” he said. “But what is more distressing is that I am being labeled a spot-fixer. So I have decided to clear my name and I will take this matter as far as possible.”

The case against Sharjeel was centered on him playing pre-determined dot balls agreed with a bookmaker. According to Ijaz, that is merely based on assumptions, with the PCB failing to present any solid evidence.

“During the entire process, we understood that the anti-corruption officials are not accountable,” Ijaz said. “They have all the discretion to do any kind of discrimination against any player and can trap any player and make any kind of case against anyone.”

During the proceedings, PCB officials claimed Sharjeel had confessed to wrongdoing in Dubai and in Lahore on video. Sharjeel denies that is the case. “There were two interviews recorded, one in Dubai and the other in Lahore. On both occasions, I never confessed anything.”

Ijaz said: “They had claimed that there was a lot of information from the ICC, and the PCB had prior knowledge of everything which was allegedly going to happen. This is an afterthought. If they knew anything, then there should be proof of it. Then why is that not presented at all? Where are they?

“The most important thing is the statement by the PSL chairman (Najam Sethi). He said they had concrete evidence and a lot of things which a chairman should not have said. It seriously prejudiced proceedings and made the whole case a matter of ego, and Sharjeel’s exoneration would have proved personally embarrassing for Sethi.”

https://arysports.tv/pcb-amends-anti-corruption-code/

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quite frankly, this comment is as silly as it is stupid, and I say that as someone who agrees with the tribunal's decision.

I feel obligated to defend the posters you are insulting, even though they disagree with my views, as your comments are well below the belt and I am not interested in being an opportunist.

Like I said, I say this as someone who thinks there was sufficient evidence and as someone who thinks the tribunal was largely independent.

As for the "sorry mentality of our nation", I suggest you look closer to home.

@Syed1
    It is not just about Sharjeel and the particular posters that you feel the urge to vehemently defend. Pakistani fans have a rich and illustrious history of apologizing for its tainted player - Sharjeel is just an example of how we react whenever a players of ours finds himself in hot water. Be it the Justice Qayyum report, the spot-fixing trio (Amir in particular) or Sharjeel.

On a lighter note, the same logic is extended to the chuckers as well. Basically, a curious propensity to explore ways of proving our players innocent and exporting the blame to other parties. So yes, as a nation, we indeed have a very sorry mentality and love to play the victim card.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Yes, becuase sethi is a saint.
    Whether Sethi is a saint or not has absolutely nothing to do with Sharjeel. The ICC ACU have watched him for years, he has received suspicious phone calls in the past and I don't see any reason why Sethi and the PCB would specifically target Sharjeel to make themselves look efficient.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If only you read my post properly about the politics and comedy shows ��
    He can do those things. Just shouldn't represent Pakistan again whilst being convicted of fixing.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This press statement is being issued to address and correct certain misrepresentations by Mr. Sharjeel Khan at a press conference held on 05-12-17.

Mr Khan claims that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) amended its Anti-Corruption Code (the “PCB Code”) with the aim of preventing players from filing appeals before Pakistani courts. This is completely wrong.

The true state of affairs is that under both versions of the PCB Code (old and new) an appeal against the order of the Anti-Corruption Tribunal lies with the Independent Adjudicator. Article 7.5.4 provides that the decision of the independent adjudicator on the appeal shall be final and binding on all parties. The amendment made by PCB in fact provides parties with an additional opportunity to appeal i.e. before Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS). Sporting bodies including cricket regard CAS as the final court of appeal.

To dispel the misinformation reference can also be made to Article 11.5 of the PCB Code, the relevant portions of which are reproduced below:

“…the Courts of Pakistan shall have exclusive jurisdiction to issue relief….and/or to hear and determine challenges to any decision issued by the Anti-Corruption Tribunal and/or CAS.”

It may also be clarified that the amendment will affect future cases and does not apply to Sharjeel Khan.

It is unbecoming of Sharjeel and his legal team to deliberately level patently false allegations against Col ® Mohammad Azam Khan, Chairman Najam Sethi and other PCB officials.

The PCB team has proven all charges of Corrupt Conduct that it made out against Cricketers Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif before the Independent Anti-Corruption Tribunal.

Thereafter, Sharjeel appealed his conviction on all 5 charges before the Independent Adjudicator (an Honorable Former Judge of Supreme Court of Pakistan) who rejected Sharjeel’s appeal and upheld the charges. This is indicative of the volume and gravity of evidence that was presented by PCB and underlines the fact that the case was not prejudiced by any personality.

PCB remains resilient in its efforts to eliminate the menace of corruption from the game of cricket.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other countries you're talking about ~ IIRC Jadeja won a court case to get back to cricket, what did you do ~ bury Qayum reports because he was Akram's fan? Azhar cannot be barred from politics because of cricket, this isn't a monarchy or dictatorship where you make laws on a whim! If that were to be then more than half the politicians in Pak would be disqualified &/or be in jail, same goes for India.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    The other countries you're talking about ~ IIRC Jadeja won a court case to get back to cricket, what did you do ~ bury Qayum reports because he was Akram's fan? Azhar cannot be barred from politics because of cricket, this isn't a monarchy or dictatorship where you make laws on a whim! If that were to be then more than half the politicians in Pak would be disqualified &/or be in jail, same goes for India.
    Akram was let off the hook because there was no Evidence against him only Ata Ur Rehman's Testimony, But Ata ruined it by changing his statement (For which Ata was punished severely). Salim Malik was Handed a Life Ban. You cant just life Ban someone because one person says so Remember Manoj Prabhakar Against Kapil Dev.
    Qayyum is a drama queen, who keeps making statements to stay relevant in the media. If he was such a fan of Wasim Akram he should have excused himself from the inquiry altogether.

As for Sharjeel the evidence is being kept under wraps, so more corrupt players can be caught in future. (Plus bookies don't need to be tipped off how they can be caught) We don't need Sharjeel Since Sharjeel is gone, Pakistan has unearthed not 1 but 2 openers of same or better quality (Fakher Zaman & Sahibzada Farhan) & Farhan has yet to play. No Need for cheats.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketAXEpert View Post
    Akram was let off the hook because there was no Evidence against him only Ata Ur Rehman's Testimony, But Ata ruined it by changing his statement (For which Ata was punished severely). Salim Malik was Handed a Life Ban. You cant just life Ban someone because one person says so Remember Manoj Prabhakar Against Kapil Dev.
    Qayyum is a drama queen, who keeps making statements to stay relevant in the media. If he was such a fan of Wasim Akram he should have excused himself from the inquiry altogether.

As for Sharjeel the evidence is being kept under wraps, so more corrupt players can be caught in future. (Plus bookies don't need to be tipped off how they can be caught) We don't need Sharjeel Since Sharjeel is gone, Pakistan has unearthed not 1 but 2 openers of same or better quality (Fakher Zaman & Sahibzada Farhan) & Farhan has yet to play. No Need for cheats.
    He should've & that was my point. The other point being that India has life banned anyone they could've banned, with the exception of Jadeja because of high court verdict, & not given them an inch back into cricket. So his faux outrage about Jadeja or Azhar is petty & useless.

Sure & this is what many are saying, they need not present evidence to him. The only conspiracy theory is wrt making him a scapegoat, which is ridiculous unless Sharjeel himself has some dirt on the PCB.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketAXEpert View Post

Neither Fakhar nor Farhan hold a candle to Sharjeel's ability, his hand-eye coordination was unmatched.

Though I don't want him near the cricket team, his case has been very shady and I am inclined towards believing the charges against him. We need to move on, another opener will come eventually.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Speaking on TV tonight:

"I have done nothing which will bring disrepute to the name of Pakistan"

"The way I cooperated for 10 months with PCB, I was hoping that I will get justice from them"

"We have heard of corruption in T20 so in T10 format a lot more can happen with so many teams participating in it"

"I went for dinner near our hotel and I was introduced to the bookie"

"I have also heard that all fixing seems to start from India"

"When the offer was made to me, I was completely overwhelmed by what was happening and could not think about informing PCB etc"

"I stretch before every game I play and have been playing with a yellow grip for a many years now"

"I dont see anything proven against me in the anti-corruption tribunal" :

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan Sasuke View Post
    Neither Fakhar nor Farhan hold a candle to Sharjeel's ability, his hand-eye coordination was unmatched.

Though I don't want him near the cricket team, his case has been very shady and I am inclined towards believing the charges against him. We need to move on, another opener will come eventually.
    Sharjeel did not score a match winning century in a foreign CT final against the bitter rival did he? I will wait

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GudduBadmash View Post
    Sharjeel did not score a match winning century in a foreign CT final against the bitter rival did he? I will wait
    Yes, Fakhar did an excellent job dealing with the short ball using his head. Fakhar's grit and determination shouldn't be confused with his ability, which doesn't match that of Sharjeel's.