Hybrid View

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

"I am very hopeful to become the fastest to get to 200 Test wickets" : Yasir Shah

Pakistani leg-break bowler Yasir Shah has expressed his wish to play against Indian skipper Virat Kohli, and put up a stellar performance for his side in Test and One Day Internationals (ODIs).

The 31-year-old has recently broken Ravichandran Ashwin's record of fastest 150 Test wickets and needs 35 wickets in seven matches to become the fastest to reach 200.

Talking to reporters on Thursday, Shah said he is working on his googly and flipper and is very hopeful to register another record in his name.

“I try to perform in every match I play for my country and I am very hopeful to become the fastest to get 200 Test wickets,” he said.

Shah praised the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for prioritising fitness of players and introducing Yoyo test.

“I have come from Swabi and did not have many facilities for fitness. Therefore, I couldn’t achieve the set target but later, when I gave the fitness test, I cleared it,” he said.

The bowler who helped Pakistan win their first ever Test series in West Indies said the addition of young blood has increased the competition for a permanent place in the national team. He also praised 19-year-old Shadab Khan on his performance.

“I always feel happy to see him performing for Pakistan in ODIs and T20s and believe that he will take some time to start performing in Test matches as well.”

Shah played his second match of Quaid-i-Azam Trophy for SNGPL on Wednesday in Karachi and will soon leave to play Twenty20 Big Bash League.

“I am going for Big Bash, and hopefully I will perform well and make a comeback in the national squad,” he said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1375125/ya...national-squad

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    overseas tours are coming so i doubt he will do it.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    overseas tours are coming so i doubt he will do it.
    I think wrist spinners (unlike offies) are always in the game. No matter the surface or conditions

It will be hard since he doesn't have luxury of bowling at tailor made surfaces unlike some.

But I always expect match-winning 10fers / 5fers from him for the champion he is. And he delivers

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Not sure about his utility in the T20 format but he could prove us wrong in BBL!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Not sure about his utility in the T20 format but he could prove us wrong in BBL!
    He's not proving anyone wrong. I see him getting thrashed.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He can easily get 6-7 wickets in Ireland even on a green pitch, and hopefully he will do well in England. Then we face Zimbabwe so it is very possible he will get it.