Instagram


Islamic Relief UK

Cricket Scotland

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    88,756
    Mentioned
    1532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

    PCB bans Nasir Jamshed for one year for 'failure to cooperate' charge

    New coming through with press conference by PCB legal rep.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    20,950
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Werent they presenting Nasir as some sort of a king pin of betting circles? Now he is charged with failing to co-operate. 😆 what a joke!

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    1,865
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow from the Mastermind of Spot fixing to failure to cooperate...

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    88,756
    Mentioned
    1532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    More quotes from PCB's legal advisor

    PCB have not offered any proof about corruption yet as it may alert him and he will cover his tracks

    if he has nothing to hide, then why doesnt he or his rep explain by his passport has been taken away in UK

    He and rep are talking about a deformation suit against PCB for false charges but why dont they file one in UK if that is the case

    We are not FIA/Police that we arrest someone if they do not appear for questioning

    What PCB can do is to refer such a case to the tribunal and remove such a person from cricket

    After one year ban he has to go through a rehab process and he may be referred again to tribunal if he does not help at that time

    "To comeback after expiry of ban you have to accept guilt, show remorse"

    The fixing charges are yet to be finalized and his UK proceedings are also pending

    Civil and criminal proceedings can happen side by side so there is no bearing of UK case on PCB's departmental proceedings


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    88,756
    Mentioned
    1532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Werent they presenting Nasir as some sort of a king pin of betting circles? Now he is charged with failing to co-operate. �� what a joke!
    Its still being investigated - atm his ban is only for failure to cooperate


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,776
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a failure of justice system!!!! Allegedly mastermind of the corruption leader got 1 year ban for not co-operating and victims (Sharjeel and Khalid) got 5 years ban for co-operating. PCB is such a failure of institute.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,079
    Mentioned
    905 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,714
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    What a failure of justice system!!!! Allegedly mastermind of the corruption leader got 1 year ban for not co-operating and victims (Sharjeel and Khalid) got 5 years ban for co-operating. PCB is such a failure of institute.
    Read whole post


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,237
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Brilliant stuff from the PCB. The ball is in Nasir Jamshed's court to prove himself innocent.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    351
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the Sharjeel and Latif supporters moaning on this decision remember that Nasir committed the crime in UK not in PSL nor in Pakistan. His crime is not under PCB jurisdiction. And ICC and ECB are still in the middle of investigating this. Whatever punishment ICC or ECB will put on Nasir PCB will be obliged do the same. Remember Kaneria got a life time ban by ECB and PCB implemented the same.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    674
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hailian View Post
    All the Sharjeel and Latif supporters moaning on this decision remember that Nasir committed the crime in UK not in PSL nor in Pakistan. His crime is not under PCB jurisdiction. And ICC and ECB are still in the middle of investigating this. Whatever punishment ICC or ECB will put on Nasir PCB will be obliged do the same. Remember Kaneria got a life time ban by ECB and PCB implemented the same.
    Not true ECB has no jurisdiction in this matter. If I take your assumption, what happens if a player commits a crime while in Uganda ? Kaneria was charged because he was playing a county match under ECB.

    If there is any evidence UK justice system will charge him, followed by PCB investigating the evidence and charge him. However, nothing has happened as of now, means that prosecution has a weak case and the picture is not as rosy as Najam Sethi and Co painted.


    A boat is safe in the harbor. But this is not the purpose of a boat." ~ Paulo Coelho

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    351
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lonex View Post
    Not true ECB has no jurisdiction in this matter. If I take your assumption, what happens if a player commits a crime while in Uganda ? Kaneria was charged because he was playing a county match under ECB.

    If there is any evidence UK justice system will charge him, followed by PCB investigating the evidence and charge him. However, nothing has happened as of now, means that prosecution has a weak case and the picture is not as rosy as Najam Sethi and Co painted.
    Few points here, if ECB or ICC didn’t inform the British police to arrest him then who did? If the case against him is weak why he was arrested and still facing the charges? Does British police arrest people on weak evidences? Do they listen to PCB? What PCB has to do with British police directly?

    Either ICC is behind it or either ECB. British police will never arrest someone on PCB discretion!!

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,237
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If an accussed man wants to prove his innocence, he will go on all forums to prove it and not hide behind excuses. Nasir Jamshed has clearly behaved throughout the whole saga as someone who is hiding behind loopholes and has things to hide. He has a shady past and there is no smoke without fire. I am pretty sure he is scared of coming forward as plenty of things will come out and might come out against big names which will send the entire cricket world in a frenzy and open a huge pandoras box.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,237
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hailian View Post
    All the Sharjeel and Latif supporters moaning on this decision remember that Nasir committed the crime in UK not in PSL nor in Pakistan. His crime is not under PCB jurisdiction. And ICC and ECB are still in the middle of investigating this. Whatever punishment ICC or ECB will put on Nasir PCB will be obliged do the same. Remember Kaneria got a life time ban by ECB and PCB implemented the same.
    PCB has offered to send its officials to the UK to interview and interrogate Nasir Jamshed. Nasir Jamshed has also been requested to appear in the Pak High Commission in the UK if he cannot travel to Pakistan. If Jamshed was and is truly innocent, he would not run away from these things and hide behind loopholes.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    351
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    PCB has offered to send its officials to the UK to interview and interrogate Nasir Jamshed. Nasir Jamshed has also been requested to appear in the Pak High Commission in the UK if he cannot travel to Pakistan. If Jamshed was and is truly innocent, he would not run away from these things and hide behind loopholes.
    So everyone on this forum including Sharjeel and Latif pointed that Nasir is the master mind. So if Nasir advised them to meet with a bookie why they met? They met with a bookie who offered them the money to play the dot balls, why they didn't report to PCB right away? Even though only 2 hours before they attended the PCB Anti Corruption informational seminar. Then he coincidentally he ended up playing exactly those 2 dot balls they agreed upon? And the huge gap between bat and ball was also a coincidence? The truth is they are all cheaters!!!

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,237
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hailian View Post
    So everyone on this forum including Sharjeel and Latif pointed that Nasir is the master mind. So if Nasir advised them to meet with a bookie why they met? They met with a bookie who offered them the money to play the dot balls, why they didn't report to PCB right away? Even though only 2 hours before they attended the PCB Anti Corruption informational seminar. Then he coincidentally he ended up playing exactly those 2 dot balls they agreed upon? And the huge gap between bat and ball was also a coincidence? The truth is they are all cheaters!!!
    Ofcourse which is why the PCB has taken action against every Tom, Dick and Harry involved in this episode i.e. Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif, Mohd Irfan, Shahzaib Hasan, Mohammad Nawaz, Nasir Jamshed. But such is the typical nature of Pakistani's, we love to believe in conspiracy theories all the time, that the PCB does not have better things to do and take on virtual nobodies.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,079
    Mentioned
    905 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lahore, February 8, 2018: The Pakistan Cricket Board has today issued a Notice of Charge to Cricketer, Nasir Jamshaid, wherein he has been charged with multiple violations of Articles 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.4 and 2.4.4 of the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code for Participants (“the Code”). Nasir Jamshaid now has fourteen (14) days to respond to the Notice of Charge.

    Nasir Jamshaid is already facing a one (01) year Period of Ineligibility imposed on him vide the PCB Anti-Corruption Tribunal’s Order dated 11thDecember 2017 for breaching Article 2.4.6 of the Code.

    PCB remains resilient in its fight against corruption in cricket. Upon action initiated by PCB the Anti-Corruption Tribunal has already banned two Cricketers, namely Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif, after they were found guilty on all charges of Corrupt Conduct alleged against them. The convictions of both Cricketers were subsequently upheld on appeal by an Independent Adjudicator.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    351
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thumbs up to PCB for removing corrupts like Sharjeel, Khalid, Shahzaib and now Nasir. Lets get rid of these match fixers.


    Plz don’t bring politics into sports!

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    1,035
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say that it's fairly ironic that the 4 people who got charged with match/spot-fixing are fat hard-hitting openers. If anything they should've all been competing with each other for a place in the team. Instead they decided to work together and get themselves banned.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,098
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Media Release Lahore, April 5, 2018:

    The Pakistan Cricket Board had issued a Notice of Charge to Cricketer, Nasir Jamshaid, wherein he had been charged with multiple violations of Articles 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.4 and 2.4.4 of the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code for Participants (“the Code”). Nasir Jamshaid responded and rejected the charges leveled against him.

    Chairman PCB, exercising powers conferred upon him under the PCB Anti-Corruption Code for Participants, has referred the matter for adjudication to an Anti-Corruption Tribunal comprising:

    Mr. Justice (Retd) Fazal-e-Miran Chauhan ChairmanMr.
    Shahzaib Masood, MemberMr.
    Aqib Javed, Former Cricketer Member

    PCB remains resilient in its fight against corruption in cricket and shall take all measures necessary to uproot this menace.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    1,850
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would have been better for Pakistan's spot fixers to not cooperate. Gets you one year + rehab Cooperation means 5 years.

    Well played Nasir

  22. #22
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    3,236
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    It would have been better for Pakistan's spot fixers to not cooperate. Gets you one year + rehab Cooperation means 5 years.

    Well played Nasir
    It is only for failure to co-operate.
    He hasn't been punished for his crime yet.


    We will never surrender. We win or we die. And don't think it stops there. You will have the next generation to fight; and after the next, the next.

    OMAR MUKHTAR

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    1,865
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    It is only for failure to co-operate.
    He hasn't been punished for his crime yet.
    Nasir Jamshed is playing smart here, he knows once the new government comes in all these matters will be gone...

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    7,190
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    New coming through with press conference by PCB legal rep.
    Sad to see what has become of “Jumbo”. Was a treat to watch during the Aane Do series. I also recall his debut vs Zimbabwe where he scored two back to back 50’s.

    Could have been so much more but sadly got involved in this mess

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,098
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nasir Jamshed summoned by PCB on May 4

    The Anti-Corruption Tribunal of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has summoned former opener Nasir Jamshed on May 4 concerning his involvement in the spot-fixing scandal, which rocked the Pakistan Super League’s (PSL) second edition.

    Jamshed, who resides in England, has been asked to appear in front of the tribunal which comprises of three members — Justice (retd) Fazal, Aaqib Javed and Shahzaib Masood.

    The 28-year-old has been accused by the PCB for violating five clauses of the board’s anti-corruption code. However, Jamshed has rejected those allegations.

    The Lahore-born left-hander has represented Pakistan in two Tests, 48 ODIs and 18 T20Is, where he has scored 1,832 runs collectively with the help of three centuries and 10 half-centuries.

    Jamshed, who made his debut for Pakistan in 2008 in Karachi, hasn’t played in an international match since March 2015.

    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1695015...ned-pcb-may-4/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •