Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    At this point it is a BIG INSULT to compare Salah to the big baby crying mental midget of Argentina

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Bow Chokesi Bow

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legend.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable season. Can't wait to see if he can keep this up next year.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brilliant. The 2 goals and 2 assist against Roma was awesome!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    'Our son': Mohamed Salah splashes cash to give home village a cleaner future

Mohamed Salah has been hailed the "son" of all Egyptians for his latest gesture to help his home village - spending $450,000 to kickstart a project that will ensure its people have an abundant supply of clean water.

The Liverpool FC striker and his father struck a deal to buy and donate land for a much-needed sewage treatment works close to Nagrig, a farming village in in Gharbia, it was reported on Thursday in al-Youm al-Sabaa.

Salah's kindness was celebrated by locals, with Matrawy Abu Habsah, a teacher from Nagrig, saying the superstar would "never be a stranger" in his homeland.

"I can't tell you how much he means to us, honestly. What he’s done for us and for Egypt, I just can’t explain it at all. I’m just tearing up speaking about him right now," Abu Habsah told Middle East Eye.

Abu Habsah said he had known Salah since he was a child and that his donation was a testament to the loyalty and humble character of a man whose football skills are valued at $280m.

"He still comes back to his village and visits us all the time. He's not a stranger to us and he never will be.

"I saw him walking once and I yelled him over and I said, what are you doing walking without security? Do you know who you are now? You can’t do that? And he just says to me, 'I’m not going to walk around in my home village with security, this is home," Abu Habsah added.

"Mohamed doesn’t like to speak about the charitable work he has done or the money he donates.

"He doesn’t like the spotlight and he doesn’t make a fuss wherever he goes. I saw Mohamed yesterday at a funeral and I asked him how he was and he just thanked God."

The governor of Gharbia, Ahmed Daef Sakar, called Salah’s father to thank him for "all the charitable work your son, Mohamed Salah, has done to serve his country.

"He is a great role model to be followed by young people and is loved by millions around the world because he paints happiness on their faces."

Salah reportedly agreed with his father, Salah Ghaly, to buy the acres of lands in the city of Basioun upon hearing there was a need for the plant.

Ghaly agreed with sellers that the sewage treatment plant would serve the Basioun area including Nagrig.

'The Happiness Maker'

This is not the first time Salah has invested resources and money into the small town, earning him the nickname "Happiness Maker".

Maher Shtayeh, the mayor of Nagrig, told AFP: "Mohamed loves his village a lot. And Mohamed enjoys and blooms when he comes back from Europe to find his village and the good people around him."

The "Happiness Maker" has donated money to buy hospital equipment, renovate schools and build an ambulance unit in his village.

Salah’s generosity has not been overlooked as both the village’s local youth club, where Salah once played, and his old school have been renamed after the Liverpool striker.

"When I grow up, I want to become a fast and professional player like Mohamed Salah and play for English teams," said schoolboy Mohamed Abdel Gawad.

"Salah is a very courteous player and has become a great player because of his ethics and humility."

The footballer donated five million EGP ($282,000) to a state-run fund called Tahya Masr (Long Live Egypt), which is aimed at financing development programmes in Egypt.

In January Salah became the first Egyptian to win African Footballer of the Year since 1983. He also won this year's English Premier League's Players' Player of the Year, and has scored more than 40 goals in all competitions in his debut season at Liverpool.

During his acceptance speech, Salah addressed his home continent: "I want to dedicate this award to all the kids in Africa and in Egypt.

"I want to tell them to never stop dreaming, never stop believing," he added.

Everyone in Nagrig has invested in that dream, according to Abu Habsah on Thursday.

"When he plays, everyone comes out. Those who don’t care for football, those that do, old, young, disabled - it doesn’t matter, it’s Salah! He’s like all our sons. When you watch him, doesn’t matter what match he’s playing in, it’s Egypt playing, it’s the whole country.

"Most of us here are famers, we’re not football commentators or analysts but suddenly all of us have an opinion on whether it would be good to him for to join Real Madrid or not, whether being around Ronaldo would be good or not."

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/Mo...-Egypt-village

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What a guy. I would love to see him at Manchester United in a couple of seasons but he seems like the type who actually has respect for the clubs and fans he plays for, so that is out of the question.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Mo Salah, Mo Salah, Mo Salah, running down the wing! Salah la la la la, the Egyptian king!"

This chant greets Egyptian football star Mohammed Salah every time he steps out on the field.

The 25-year-old footballer born in a small village in Egypt's Nile Delta has accomplished what Egyptians, and much of the world for that matter, thought was impossible.

Last week, Salah surpassed Portuguese football player Cristiano Ronaldo as Europe's top football scorer. Just days earlier, he was voted the Professional Footballers' Association's player of the year - one of the highest football honours in England.

But beyond foreign achievements and accolades, he has captivated the entire Egyptian population. His influence at home has grown so much that political and security analysts have started writing articles about him.

After years of instability and severe polarisation in Egypt, Salah has become a rallying point for Egyptians, as they've come together to celebrate his achievements with happiness and pride.

Amid those celebrations, however, there has been increasing concern about what the future might bring. After all, in recent years, Egypt has become a country where success and popularity could bring trouble.

Since the July 2013 coup that toppled former President Mohamed Morsi and brought to power military strongman Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, it has become clear that there is little space in Egypt for Egyptians who do not loudly, publicly and boisterously applaud the dictatorial military regime ruling the country with an iron fist.

"Mohamed Salah is not just a football player any more … He must shave his thick beard that doesn't match his age or fame, and almost puts him … in the same basket with radicals, extremists, if not with terrorists and their sympathisers," wrote Salah Montasser, one of Egypt's well known regime loyalists, in a March column published by the state-owned Al-Ahram newspaper.

His comments infuriated many Egyptians and the backlash he faced, prompted Montasser to elaborate on his remarks further: "I am advising him because Egypt is in a true battle against terrorism, why would he raise concerns under such conditions".

Such comments, and many others from Sisi's regime loyalists, certainly bring back memories of the shocking fate of Mohamed Abu Trika, four-time African Footballer of the Year and the only other Egyptian football player who captured the hearts and minds of Egyptian and Arab people in such a way.

Abu Trika, known as El Magico among football fans and ultras in Egypt, was a public supporter of former President Mohamed Morsi and remained so even after the July 3 coup that toppled him. His political views infuriated the regime which saw him as a threat because of his international fame.

It was Abu Trika's public condemnation of the Rabaa Massacre in August 2013, during which close to one thousand pro-Morsi protesters were killed in the streets of Cairo, that broke the camel's back.

Immediately after, the top TV personalities on various pro-regime channels all declared him an enemy of the state. Since then, there has been a systematic and ruthless campaign against the footballer - who at that time was the national team's top scorer - accusing him of siding with terrorist organisations against Egypt.

In 2015, the regime formalised these allegations by freezing his assets and later in January 2017, putting Abu Trika on its official terror list. On April 30, a Cairo court ruled to relist him as a terrorism sponsor for another five years.

Unsurprisingly, Abu Trika no longer lives in Egypt.

Mohamed Salah is in no way immune to such mistreatment in the future. If he does not toe the regime's line, he will be dealt with like any ordinary Egyptian.

He is defenceless in the face of a military dictatorship that shows no respect for the law or constitution, and certainly shows no mercy to anyone who might stand in the way of its interests.

Today, it is the interest of Sisi's regime to have Salah applaud and promote it. In fact, it seems that the Egyptian authorities have already taken upon themselves to use Salah in their self-promotion attempts without even asking him.

In late April, a scandal erupted after an advertisement company, linked to Egypt's General Intelligence Directorate, decided to use Salah's photo for campaigns they run on behalf of the Egyptian national team and a telecommunications company. The Egyptian military is known to be financially involved in the telecommunications business in Egypt.

Salah did not authorise the use of his photo, which, in fact, breaches advertisement contracts he already has with other companies. He complained to the Egyptian Football Association, which, according to him, did not respond well to his request.

"Unfortunately, the way I was treated was extremely insulting. I was hoping for it to be more civilised," he tweeted.

Many of Salah supporters took to social media to express their support for him with the hashtag "I Stand with Salah", which ranked first across the Middle East for more than 24 hours.

This dispute might seem as a simple business disagreement that could be resolved within days, which would have been true if it hadn't involved companies owned and run by the Egyptian military and its intelligence directorate, now headed by Sisi's office manager and personal confidant Abbas Kamel. For Egyptians, this is quite concerning.

"I really hope Mo Salah never, ever, says anything about politics. Especially Egyptian politics. Right now, that just won't go well, whatever he says," tweeted HA Hellyer, senior nonresident fellow at the Atlantic Council and the Royal United Services Institute, echoing what many across Egypt and the Middle East think.

But even if Salah doesn't say anything political, that might not be enough to save him from the harm Egyptian politics under Sisi could inflict on him.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/op...mpression=true

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's broken the record for most goals in EPL season!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harry Kane tells Mohamed Salah to repeat Golden Boot heroics to become a "great player"

Salah scored his 32nd Premier League goal of the season in Liverpool's 4-0 win over Brighton on Sunday to finish two ahead of the Tottenham striker and set the record for the most goals scored in a 38-game campaign.

Kane's 30-goal season was the best return of his career, after tallies of 25 and 29 in the previous two years, but not enough to claim a third-successive Golden Boot.

"Personally for me, it was a target to improve on last year, obviously 29, and it was nice to get to that 30-goal mark.

"Mo has done great this year, he deserves it, he deserves the Golden Boot, I am looking forward to the competition again next year.

"For me, it is about doing it year after year. This is my fourth year now and the first time I have got to 30 goals in the Prem, now it's about getting to 30 goals for the next two or three years, that's the aim.

"Any player wants to do it on a consistent basis and that's what defines a good player from a great player. He has done amazing this year and he looks like a great player and we'll see if we can both continue it next season."

Mauricio Pochettino challenged Spurs chairman Daniel Levy to match the spending of their Premier League rivals this summer and "take risks" while also suggesting the club need to review their strategy if they want to start winning trophies.

Despite that, Kane, who is heading to the Bahamas for a week of golf ahead of the World Cup, believes Spurs have had a fine season by finishing third.

"It has been a good year," he said. "As a team to get in the Champions League was very important in the new stadium.

"It's not been easy, especially playing here (Wembley) as well.

"The top six now is so strong, everyone's really competitive, so for us to finish in the top three for the third year in a row is brilliant."

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...a-great-player

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...iverpool-egypt

A pair of Mohamed Salah’s mint green football boots are to enter the collection of the British Museum, to be displayed next to ancient Egyptian sandals in a gallery near its mummies.

The boots, specially moulded for the shape of the Liverpool player’s feet, have been donated by Adidas to celebrate Salah winning the Golden Boot award for being this season’s top scorer in the Premier League.

The footwear are an eye-catching, fun acquisition but one with a serious intent, the museum said. “The boots tell a story of a modern Egyptian icon, performing in the UK, with a truly global impact,” said Neal Spencer, the museum’s keeper of ancient Egypt and Sudan.

Mohamed Salah has scored a record 32 Premier League goals in a single 38-game season.

Salah is this season’s footballing phenomenon, revered among Liverpool fans who call him the Egyptian king. He scored 32 Premier League goals in 2017-18, a record tally in a single 38-game season.

The 25-year-old forward also has hero status in his home country and was a huge part of Egypt qualifying for this summer’s World Cup in Russia.

The donation, believed to be the first football boots to enter the British Museum collection, is part of a wider modern Egypt project launched in 2016 to bolster its collection of contemporary Egyptian material.

Spencer said the museum wanted to tell the story of day-to-day life in 20th- and 21st-century Egypt as well as ancient times covering topics which include sport, entertainment, international trade and design.

The unused X17 Deadly Strike boots were this week photographed in front of the museum’s colossal statues of Ramesses II and Amenhotep III, but their first home from 24 May will be aoom 61, a gallery containing wall paintings from the tomb-chapel of Nebamun, a wealthy Egyptian official. They will be displayed near to ancient Egyptian footwear and gold pharaonic jewellery.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone saw that video where the Shiekh is giving sermon in mosque and he says (in an obvious joking manner) "now there are six Salahs, Fajr, Zuhr, Asar, Maghrib, Isha and Muhammad" and then none of the attendees to the mosque responded to the Shiekh and he had to clarify that he is talking about Muhammad Salah the footballer

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Loved this documentary last night on Channel 4.

You can watch it on the link below...if you're in the UK.

Mo Salah: A Football Fairy Tale

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/m...all-fairy-tale

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salah has shone for Liverpool in his debut season and is expected to play a big part as the Reds face Real Madrid in Kiev on Saturday (7.45pm).

The 25-year-old is a devout Muslim and has been abstaining from food and drink since Ramadan began on May 16.

The period of fasting means Muslims cannot eat, drink or smoke during daylight hours for the month.

And Egyptian newspaper Al Masry al Youm say that Salah has rejected the idea of breaking the fast.

Sunset in Kiev is expected to be around 30 minutes before kick-off on Saturday, allowing the Egyptian to refuel ahead of the Champions League final.

It’s reported that the fast ‘will not affect’ Salah in the Ukraine capital as he looks to add to his 44 goals in all competitions this season.

Salah has had a standout season since moving from Roma last summer and has been thrust into Ballon d’Or contention.

He will come up against one of his rivals for that gong with Cristiano Ronaldo the main attacking threat for Real Madrid.

Ronaldo has bagged 15 goals in the Champions League this season and is looking to guide Real Madrid to their third consecutive success in Europe’s premier competition.

And Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp knows his side face a tough task.

He said: “I really think it’s a big job to do, but it’s a Champions League final and if it was easy for one team, then that would be completely wrong.

“It’s a big team and a big challenge for both!”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...e-Ramadan-fast

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feeling really sad for him.....

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough night for him.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sprain or dislocation? It can't be both... Why the confusion?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hopefully true.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has signed a new five-year contract with the club.

The 26-year-old Egypt international joined the Reds for £34m from Roma last summer and has scored 44 goals in 52 appearances for the club.

His new deal, which runs until 2023, does not contain a release clause.

"It demonstrates two things very clearly - his belief in Liverpool and our belief in him," said Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp.

Salah was the top scorer in the Premier League last season, netting 32 goals - the most by a player in a 38-game campaign - to win the Golden Boot.

His performances also helped him win last season's Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year award and Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year.

'When someone like Mo commits it speaks loudly'
    "This news can be seen for what it is; rewarding a person who performed and contributed greatly for the team and the club last season," said Klopp.

"We want world-class talent to see they have a home at Anfield where they can fulfil all their professional dreams and ambitions - we are working hard together to achieve this.

"When someone like Mo Salah commits and says this place is my home now, it speaks very loudly I think.

"Equally, our commitment to him says we see his value and want him to grow even more and get even better within our environment."

Liverpool finished fourth in the league last season and lost the Champions League final 3-1 to Real Madrid.

Salah had to come off after half an hour against the Spanish giants in Kiev after suffering a shoulder injury.

The problem put his participation at the 2018 World Cup in doubt and he missed Egypt's opening game - a 1-0 defeat by Uruguay - before starting against Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Salah scored in both of those games but could not stop his country from losing and going out in the group stages.

Liverpool's players returned to pre-season training on Monday but Salah, other players involved at the World Cup and Netherlands duo Virgil van Dijk and Georginio Wijnaldum were not among them.

However, German keeper Loris Karius, who made two mistakes in the Champions League final and was later said to have been suffering from concussion after a collision earlier in the game, was one of the 26 back at Melwood.

New signings Naby Keita and Fabinho were also at the club.

Read the full article at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44679819

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fantastic news for Liverpool FC!

This is keep away the likes of Real Madrid so Mo can concentrate on his game and become an Anfield legend.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)