2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    he is finished simple as that entered the last years of Afridi phase

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shock, horror! 40 year old cricketer no longer performs like he did when he was younger.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australian newspapers lose Chris Gayle masseuse defamation appeal

An Australian media group on Tuesday lost an appeal against an Aus$300,000 (US$211,000) defamation payout to West Indies cricket star Chris Gayle after claiming he exposed his genitals to a masseuse.

Gayle was accused by former media group Fairfax, which at the time was publisher of The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age, of exposing his penis and indecently propositioning the woman in a dressing room during the 2015 World Cup in Sydney.

Gayle vigorously denied the allegations, claiming the journalists behind the series of stories published in the newspapers in 2016 were out to "destroy him".

He won the defamation case in October last year after jurors found Fairfax was motivated by malice and had failed to establish a defence of truth.

The publisher appealed the case arguing it did not receive a fair trial and the judge should have discharged the jury after Gayle’s barrister attacked the credibility of the massage therapist.

Gayle also appealed the size of his payout, seeking an increase.

A New South Wales court dismissed both appeals.

Gayle caused a stir in Australia in 2016 prior to the Fairfax stories being published when he attempted to flirt with a presenter on live TV, asking her out for a drink and telling her: "Don't blush, baby."

After winning his court case last year, he tried to spark a bidding war for a tell-all interview, promising that "when I break this down to y'all it will be like a movie".

"Biding (sic) starts at US$300K for this interview! So much to say & I will!" he tweeted to his then 3.75 million followers.

Fairfax newspapers are now owned by commercial broadcaster Nine Entertainment, which purchased the media company last year.

https://www.afp.com/en/news/3955/aus...al-doc-1it2se1

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Universe boss is universe boss.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gayle is the greatest T20 player of all time. I rate him higher than ABD (T20 only).

However, big man needs to retire now. He is finished.

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We need more characters like Gayle.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Adios Gayle in ODIs!!

What a fantastic last match he had. Played a signature Gayle innings in his very last match. Wonder what the similar type of batsmen did in their last innings ( Jayasuriya, Gilchrist, Afridi as opener)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Virat Kohli his long term friend giving him a send off.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And that's the end of all cricketers who debuted in the 90's. Shobby earlier this year and now Gayle.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Chris Gayle has denied having played his final ODI for West Indies, hours after walking off the park at Port of Spain with a raised bat to all corners of the stadium following his dismissal for 72 off 41 balls.

Once he slapped a ball from India left-arm pacer Khaleel Ahmed towards mid-off where Virat Kohli took a sharp catch, Gayle shook hands with the Indian team and then acknowledged the cheers from the fans with his helmet perched on his bat handle. When Gayle reached the steps of the West Indies pavilion, he was greeted by his standing team-mates.

Adding further speculation to the third ODI between West Indies and India being his last was the fact that the back of Gayle’s jersey had the number 301 imprinted on it, in recognition of this being his 301st ODI.

But after the game – which India won by six wickets – Gayle revealed in a video clip that he had not called time in his ODI career.

“I didn’t announce any retirement,” said the 39-year-old with a smile.

Asked if he was still available to play for West Indies, he replied: “Yeah, until further notice”.

During the post-match press conference, not aware that Gayle had told West Indies Cricket he had not retired, Kohli congratulated the Jamaican on his career.

“Chris, I would like to congratulate him for a great, great career playing for West Indies,” Kohli said. “He has done so much for West Indies cricket, and he is an icon all over the world.

“One of the nicest human beings around. That to me is his nicest quality. Everyone knows about his cricket, but I think the kind of person he is – so helpful with youngsters and so fun loving and always smiling, even in the most [high] pressure situations he is always smiling. For me Chris Gayle the person is the best part of him. The cricket everyone knows.

I have been fortunate enough to spend a lot of time with him as a friend and get to know him as a person – he is a gem of a human being. I think he can be really proud of that firstly.”

Before the 2019 World Cup, Gayle had said that the tournament would be his last appearance. He then took a u-turn on that decision, saying that he was open to playing ODIs and Tests.

Gayle has played 298 of his 301 ODIs for West Indies. From those 298 ODIs, Gayle has 10,405 runs which is the most for a West Indies batsman.

He broke Brian Lara’s record during the second match against India, which was his 300th ODI – the most for a West Indies player.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...i-match-880157

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter