Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SNGPL's Imran Butt given a three-month ban after failing a dope test [Update Post#13]

Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th December 2017 at 10:30.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will these idiots learn?
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th December 2017 at 10:31.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a conspiracy, it seems like the PCB is trying to make itself look good. Please show us the proof. Where is the proof? Make it public.
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th December 2017 at 14:26.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I met and spoke to Imran Butt on the last U19 tour to England and although he didnt seemed clued up on PK dom cricket, he seemed to be very down to earth. This does come as a suprise.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I met and spoke to Imran Butt on the last U19 tour to England and although he didnt seemed clued up on PK dom cricket, he seemed to be very down to earth. This does come as a suprise.
    Doesn't have to be on purpose.

Sometimes you take a medicine prescribed by your doctor or use a cream that has the wrong ingredient.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The state of the country's people really, no advice no professional help.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    My faith in Pakistani cricketers diminishes with each passing day.

I know this lad, I have met him so many times. He is from a good family and I have always found him to be sensible and level-headed.

He always speaks to me about his dream to do well for his family and for his country.

Unbelievable stuff.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

I know this lad, I have met him so many times. He is from a good family and I have always found him to be sensible and level-headed.

He always speaks to me about his dream to do well for his family and for his country.

Unbelievable stuff.
    I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

Maybe he was taking prescribed medicines with a banned drug or unknowingly consumed something that had a banned drug or was unaware the drug was banned in the first place.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

Maybe he was taking prescribed medicines with a banned drug or unknowingly consumed something that had a banned drug or was unaware the drug was banned in the first place.
    This is where education is so important and research what you take inside your body.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

Unbelievable stuff.
    I feel we are quick to judge here.

I in an interview with Mohammad Asif and Aizaz Cheema they mentioned that Imran Butt failed a doping test but had a certificate to say he was taking medication prescribed from the doctors which contained a high matter of steriods and other substances.

I just wonder if the PCB factored this in when giving the conclusion or did they completely ignore this providing they are so focused on being strict with a no nonsense policy.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A shame really considering he was having talks with a PSL team.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 100% sure he was given something by his "hakeem" or "doctor" for some other illness , like bronchitis or something with some steroids or some other banned substance in it and the player didn;t know it. He is not a weight lifter, wrestler , sprinter or even a fast bowler needing a performance enhancing drug . But he is being idiot not following the direction given to all players ( I hope ).

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PRESS RELEASE

LAHORE JANUARY 12, 2018: Under the PCB Anti-Doping Rules 2016 (“PCB Rules”), a three (03) month period of ineligibility has been imposed on Cricketer, Imran Butt pursuant to his request for an “Agreed Sanction”.

Imran Butt was Provisionally Suspended after the presence of a Prohibited Substance was found in the A Sample collected from him during an in-competition doping test during the Quaid e Azam Trophy 2017 held in Islamabad. He was charged with two anti-doping violations of the PCB Rules. Imran accepts that he has committed the violations, but not intentionally and with no intent to cheat.

The following “Agreed Sanction” has been imposed on Imran Butt:

a period of Ineligibility of three (03) months shall be imposed. The period of the Provisional Suspension shall be credited against the total period of ineligibility, such that the period of Ineligibility shall expire at midnight on 6thFebruary 2018.

Chairman PCB, Mr. Najam Aziz Sethi, emphasized that “PCB has a zero tolerance policy towards doping in cricket and hopes that in future cricketers will exercise utmost care to ensure that no Prohibited Substance enters their bodies”.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!